FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Kids need to go back to school

Kids need to go back to school

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackem5555 OP   Man  over a year ago

bishop auckland

my kids are actually looking forward to going back to school,through out the last few weeks they have been out with there mates playing yet I bumped into 2 of there very political teachers on Monday at a meeting with them bleeting on about there safety but pretending it was about the kids, both myself my wife and a few more people had to explain to them that as people who work in the NHS we have been going to work throughbout this pandemic would they have agreed if at the height we stopped going to work for our safety and left everybody to fend for them self's one of them actually had the nerve to say it was our duty to go to work but as teachers it was different for them,it was the best laugh iv had throughbout this and the Headmaster actualky sent him out of the room and offered me an appology,rant over but KIDS NEED SCHOOL NOW

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"my kids are actually looking forward to going back to school,through out the last few weeks they have been out with there mates playing yet I bumped into 2 of there very political teachers on Monday at a meeting with them bleeting on about there safety but pretending it was about the kids, both myself my wife and a few more people had to explain to them that as people who work in the NHS we have been going to work throughbout this pandemic would they have agreed if at the height we stopped going to work for our safety and left everybody to fend for them self's one of them actually had the nerve to say it was our duty to go to work but as teachers it was different for them,it was the best laugh iv had throughbout this and the Headmaster actualky sent him out of the room and offered me an appology,rant over but KIDS NEED SCHOOL NOW"

Why do you need to scoff at teachers concerns for thier safety? My daughter is a teacher and has underlying health issues, is her safety not important?? Some teachers are black and thus more at risk from Covid, black lives matter you know. And have your kids been social distancing while playing with thier mates? Just because you work in the NHS doesn't mean you can disregard other people,s workplace concerns.

And also teachers have been working providing care for children of key workers throughout in schools. The rest have been working remotely, setting lessons ect. They have not left anyone to fend for themselves.

By *ackem5555 OP   Man  over a year ago

bishop auckland

DO all teachers have underlying health issues???as in hospitals not all N H S staff are at work due to health issues,but this is my point because one teacher has health issues no teacher should go to school,so if a nurse has health issues nobody else should go to work at the hospital,of course we need to protect the health if teachers but myself and my colleagues have entered a hospital 5 days a week during the height of covid 19!! But god bless all the kids whose lives are ruined by your thoughts

By *uttyjonnMan  over a year ago

cheshire

I dont understand why teachers and their unions think they are a special case.

If supermarket worker had shown this much reluctance to working or continuously thrown obstacles in the way they would have been 'let go'. But they just gone on with it for the good of society, it's time for everybody to do their bit.

By *on12xxMan  over a year ago

leeds

"my kids are actually looking forward to going back to school,through out the last few weeks they have been out with there mates playing yet I bumped into 2 of there very political teachers on Monday at a meeting with them bleeting on about there safety but pretending it was about the kids, both myself my wife and a few more people had to explain to them that as people who work in the NHS we have been going to work throughbout this pandemic would they have agreed if at the height we stopped going to work for our safety and left everybody to fend for them self's one of them actually had the nerve to say it was our duty to go to work but as teachers it was different for them,it was the best laugh iv had throughbout this and the Headmaster actualky sent him out of the room and offered me an appology,rant over but KIDS NEED SCHOOL NOW

Why do you need to scoff at teachers concerns for thier safety? My daughter is a teacher and has underlying health issues, is her safety not important?? Some teachers are black and thus more at risk from Covid, black lives matter you know. And have your kids been social distancing while playing with thier mates? Just because you work in the NHS doesn't mean you can disregard other people,s workplace concerns. "

I agree teachers and parents health being dismissed.

Op open your eyes this is major pandamic and still cause 100 thousands of additional deaths uk.

Yes stressful for children but losing parents is worse

Just cos inconvient for you not having children at schoolndiesnt mean you put lives at risk

Stop putting head in sand this hasn't gone away.

Can you answer this if child parents in high risk group and hold infects them and becomes an orphan How's that in child's best interest.

Your comments, are dangerous please take this seriously

I agree teachers health should be paramount also employee g has a legal obligation to keep them safe

Or do you believe the earth us flat.

It comes across hope tgat this is connvient to you. Woukd you have liked gone to a funeral instead. As the 65k families what they think.

Totally selfish approach and disrespectful to vulnerable

leeds

"I dont understand why teachers and their unions think they are a special case.

If supermarket worker had shown this much reluctance to working or continuously thrown obstacles in the way they would have been 'let go'. But they just gone on with it for the good of society, it's time for everybody to do their bit. "

Reason why no sicial distancing with kids or masks.

Supermarket social distance and mask.

KIDS CAN TRANSMIT DISEASE WHILE SHOWING NO SYMPTOMS

HOW ABOUT VULNERABLE WHO WILL NIWPUT AT RISK

leeds

"DO all teachers have underlying health issues???as in hospitals not all N H S staff are at work due to health issues,but this is my point because one teacher has health issues no teacher should go to school,so if a nurse has health issues nobody else should go to work at the hospital,of course we need to protect the health if teachers but myself and my colleagues have entered a hospital 5 days a week during the height of covid 19!! But god bless all the kids whose lives are ruined by your thoughts "

. Hospital now have ppe obviously should gas it at start.

. Hospital have ppe schools don't,

cheshire

If supermarket worker had shown this much reluctance to working or continuously thrown obstacles in the way they would have been 'let go'. But they just gone on with it for the good of society, it's time for everybody to do their bit.

Reason why no sicial distancing with kids or masks.

Supermarket social distance and mask.

KIDS CAN TRANSMIT DISEASE WHILE SHOWING NO SYMPTOMS

HOW ABOUT VULNERABLE WHO WILL NIWPUT AT RISK"

Stop your shouting, it doesn't make you right

leeds

"my kids are actually looking forward to going back to school,through out the last few weeks they have been out with there mates playing yet I bumped into 2 of there very political teachers on Monday at a meeting with them bleeting on about there safety but pretending it was about the kids, both myself my wife and a few more people had to explain to them that as people who work in the NHS we have been going to work throughbout this pandemic would they have agreed if at the height we stopped going to work for our safety and left everybody to fend for them self's one of them actually had the nerve to say it was our duty to go to work but as teachers it was different for them,it was the best laugh iv had throughbout this and the Headmaster actualky sent him out of the room and offered me an appology,rant over but KIDS NEED SCHOOL NOW

Why do you need to scoff at teachers concerns for thier safety? My daughter is a teacher and has underlying health issues, is her safety not important?? Some teachers are black and thus more at risk from Covid, black lives matter you know. And have your kids been social distancing while playing with thier mates? Just because you work in the NHS doesn't mean you can disregard other people,s workplace concerns. "

. All lives matter there are vulnerable people from all society

leeds

School no social distancing or masks in England

Therefore schools should not open as not as safe as a a supermarket

Let's be clear goverment not opening for good of kids. Opening as Boris wants everyone in work even if vulnerable but at risk of dying

leeds

If supermarket worker had shown this much reluctance to working or continuously thrown obstacles in the way they would have been 'let go'. But they just gone on with it for the good of society, it's time for everybody to do their bit. "

. Woukd you go to work with no social distancing and colleagues. Kids who will no show symptoms if infected.

Would you go if you had different rules to society and put 39 children an 2 adults in confined space with no face mask and zero social distancing.

Yes or no will do

leeds

Sorry only 30 children and 2 adults in confined porky ventaked space.

That's even before cold and fly season

. Woukd you go to work with no social distancing and colleagues. Kids who will no show symptoms if infected.

Would you go if you had different rules to society and put 39 children an 2 adults in confined space with no face mask and zero social distancing.

Yes or no will do "

Can you not just get your opinion out in one post instead of spamming post after post.

And while you are at it can you post what you suggest the solution is?

If you are saying there should be no school until a vaccine comes which is said to be winter 2021 then thats just rediculous.

Kids need to get back to education.

The OP is right if every bus driver, shop worker, doctor or nurse refused to go to work during the height of all of this then where would we be.

If you are a healthy teacher with no underlying health issues its time for you to step up and get back to work.

cheshire

"

Yes or no will do "

Yes, like everything during this pandemic working practices will change and precautions implemented. It doesn't help when your workforce are reluctant to work

"Sorry only 30 children and 2 adults in confined porky ventaked space.

That's even before cold and fly season"

What are you even talking about?

By *ab jamesMan  over a year ago

ribble valley

Let's all remember, we live in a free country. People only have to go to work if they choose. If someone doesn't feel safe, they shouldn't be forced into work.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

I thought teachers were meant to be well educated, therefore surely they can find ways to ensure the safety of all concerned, every other section of society seems to have managed.

"my kids are actually looking forward to going back to school,through out the last few weeks they have been out with there mates playing yet I bumped into 2 of there very political teachers on Monday at a meeting with them bleeting on about there safety but pretending it was about the kids, both myself my wife and a few more people had to explain to them that as people who work in the NHS we have been going to work throughbout this pandemic would they have agreed if at the height we stopped going to work for our safety and left everybody to fend for them self's one of them actually had the nerve to say it was our duty to go to work but as teachers it was different for them,it was the best laugh iv had throughbout this and the Headmaster actualky sent him out of the room and offered me an appology,rant over but KIDS NEED SCHOOL NOW"

With some of your spelling and grammar, I think you might need to go back to school too!

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

" as people who work in the NHS we have been going to work throughbout this pandemic"

So as keyworkers why haven't your children already been going to school every day ?

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"I thought teachers were meant to be well educated, therefore surely they can find ways to ensure the safety of all concerned, every other section of society seems to have managed. "

Being well educated isn't the same as having common sense. Neither apply anyway as teachers will be following the guidelines they are told to follow.

leeds

Pathetic.

On such a serious matter that's your contribution.

I'm trying to get ready for work looking after kids. So yes I mistype

Suppose you don't work and live of the state for last 10 years

leeds

"I thought teachers were meant to be well educated, therefore surely they can find ways to ensure the safety of all concerned, every other section of society seems to have managed.

Being well educated isn't the same as having common sense. Neither apply anyway as teachers will be following the guidelines they are told to follow. "

Pathetic why should they follow if wrong.

Why should teachers be asked not to social distance with no ppe or masks

leeds

" as people who work in the NHS we have been going to work throughbout this pandemic

So as keyworkers why haven't your children already been going to school every day ?"

. Kids can still catch civuds and spread disease

Any maybe something you all ignore some young kids, are fightened

leeds

"Let's all remember, we live in a free country. People only have to go to work if they choose. If someone doesn't feel safe, they shouldn't be forced into work. "

Agreed.

Some kids are frightened.

Boris continuous u turns do not reassure

"Pathetic.

Suppose you don't work and live of the state for last 10 years"

Did you think my comment was aimed at you? It wasn't...it was for the original poster.

I am a teacher and have been for nearly 20 years now.

leeds

What are you even talking about?

"

Work Place 30 kids 2 adults in a small confined space poorly ventilated room such a risk with no sicial distancing and no masks.

It will get worse when colds and flu start spreading in autunn

Health and safety at work if an employee feels unsafe to work they can refuse.

So teachers are having right to social distance and wear masks with held from them which seems like discrimination to me.

Workers lives, matter

leeds

"Pathetic.

. Thanks for clarification

Teachers lives, matter

Suppose you don't work and live of the state for last 10 years

Did you think my comment was aimed at you? It wasn't...it was for the original poster.

I am a teacher and have been for nearly 20 years now."

By *intteaMan  over a year ago

Bristol

That's even before cold and fly season"

Yes.

There are now more deaths due to society bring shut down (due to Covid) than there from those infected with Covid

Giving everyone an education is the greatest opportunity we have of lowering social inequality and poverty rates. Don’t deprive children of this chance.

Leeds

I find it unusual that OP's school invited parents in to a meeting during the summer holidays and there was the head and two teachers present.

leeds

I agree you can't get hold of our school and headmaster models him self Boris and goes missing

cheshire

"I agree you can't get hold of our school and headmaster models him self Boris and goes missing"

And there's the problem, teachers making this political

leeds

Yes.

What if child infect the family

Also once we mix again infections will soar

At present most infection 25 to 40

Once school open over 50s wil get it and deaths will soar

Health comes first.

How would feel if your parents or grandparents catch it and die

There are now more deaths due to society bring shut down (due to Covid) than there from those infected with Covid

Giving everyone an education is the greatest opportunity we have of lowering social inequality and poverty rates. Don’t deprive children of this chance."

I would never have thought that teacher bashing would find its way onto a swinging site

leeds

Why should teachers be put at more risk than everyone else it's wrong

And I believe breaks health and safety at work regulations

Duty of care

leeds

"I agree you can't get hold of our school and headmaster models him self Boris and goes missing

And there's the problem, teachers making this political "

It is political

Wealth is being put before health

Teachers have right to be safe.

"I would never have thought that teacher bashing would find its way onto a swinging site"

We're used to it!

leeds

I don't always agree with teachers

But on this they are right

Also hiw many kids do you think are frightened but that's being ignored

Kids are worried they will infect their parents or grandparents.

Should we not be talking about the kids

What has happened to the morals of people in this country

Im alright Jack country throw the vulnerable on scrap heap

"I don't always agree with teachers

Im alright Jack country throw the vulnerable on scrap heap "

So what would you do?

Leave the schools shut?

For how long?

leeds

"I agree you can't get hold of our school and headmaster models him self Boris and goes missing

So you happy teachers, and kids put at more risk than anyone else in society

leeds

So what would you do?

Leave the schools shut?

For how long?"

Until vaccine or a goverment we trust.

Health should always come first don't you agree

cheshire

And there's the problem, teachers making this political

So you happy teachers, and kids put at more risk than anyone else in society "

Were you singing this tune when you were shopping in supermarkets before masks and social distancing?

So what would you do?

Leave the schools shut?

For how long?

Health should always come first don't you agree "

Do you have children?

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

Themselves ......

South

"I would never have thought that teacher bashing would find its way onto a swinging site

We're used to it! "

Aren’t we just ... funny how all parents do is slag us off but they trust us with the health, welfare and education of their children.

leeds

So what would you do?

Leave the schools shut?

For how long?

Do you have children?"

Yes

leeds

Child scared of infecting parents or grandparents

So what would you do?

Leave the schools shut?

For how long?

Do you have children?

Yes"

And childcare if the schools were to remain closed?

leeds

"I would never have thought that teacher bashing would find its way onto a swinging site

We're used to it!

Aren’t we just ... funny how all parents do is slag us off but they trust us with the health, welfare and education of their children. "

I agree.

leeds

So what would you do?

Leave the schools shut?

For how long?

Do you have children?

Yes

And childcare if the schools were to remain closed?"

This is serious tgere, are consequences so.

Parents need to look after their child its tgere responsibility school isn't a child minding organisation

Maybe that's the point you worried about not the education or well being just want a child minder

ribble valley

All this arguing at 8am!

Let's find a solution

Try this, All kids to wear masks, Hand wash every 20 mins, wear a visor and disposable gloves. Kit teacher's out the same. If any teacher/pupil can't or won't, they must stay home.

leeds

We are in the most serious pandamic we have had.

Maybe some reality please.

Things are not normal so accept it take it on the chin and change your lives.

Ignoring it doesn't mean it will go away even the children understand d this

South

So what would you do?

Leave the schools shut?

For how long?"

I know this wasn’t directed at me but as a teacher I don’t believe throwing them all in together with no social distancing and no PPE (and this morning turns out no effective hand sanitiser will work) if any child coughs they go home for two weeks that’s going to screw up the whole family as they have to isolate too- not guidance either it’s a point of law. Masks thankfully are beginning to be mandated which is the first thing I also think it’s safer to adopt a blended learning approach for the first half term 15 kids in one week 15 the next then social distancing can be observed. The figures aren’t pretty on Scotland coming through this morning so just be prepared for all of society paying the cost of this experiment is what I would say.

As for the NHS and shop workers yes schools were open too under the same guidelines of social distancing and PPE. As far as I’m aware you have to have a test prior to going into hospitals for operations, gps surgery’s are limited and precautions taken and many many other workers are still working from home. Teachers don’t want more than other sectors they want equal.

South

*no effective hand sanitiser that will work as it’s all alcohol free that’s been sent out.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Kids need to be back in school for a host of reasons.

A large gap in their education is going to have implications further down the line.

Only a few days ago there was uproar that kids were given the wrong fictitious grades in fictitious exams that they hadn’t taken, that fiasco will pale into insignificance if mainstream education does not resume soon.

leeds

"All this arguing at 8am!

Let's find a solution

Try this, All kids to wear masks, Hand wash every 20 mins, wear a visor and disposable gloves. Kit teacher's out the same. If any teacher/pupil can't or won't, they must stay home. "

Some common sense at last.

Only one problem gimoverment wont do it and people seem just want free child minders.

. I agree sensible approach

So what would you do?

Leave the schools shut?

For how long?

Do you have children?

Yes

This is serious tgere, are consequences so.

Parents need to look after their child its tgere responsibility school isn't a child minding organisation

Maybe that's the point you worried about not the education or well being just want a child minder"

Im not worried

I was just trying to illustrate that the decision to send children back isnt black and white

I certainly dont want a childminder

South

So what would you do?

Leave the schools shut?

For how long?

Do you have children?

Yes

And childcare if the schools were to remain closed?"

We are not childcare we are educators. Childcare is not our responsibility.

scotland

So what would you do?

Leave the schools shut?

For how long?

Health should always come first don't you agree "

There may never be a vaccine that works the way you want it to.

We are stuck with this government for 4 more academic years. It would take time to build up trust in a new government.

Whilst Covid-19 is more dangerous that the flu, to the vast majority in working age groups it doesn't present a significant problem.

Do we completely shut up society indefinitely because a very small number of people are at risk of death? Any cases in schools are likely to be identified quickly and measures will be taken to avoid further spread which may include mass testing of pupils or shutting the school.

3 weeks into school term in Scotland and no major uncontrolled outbreaks. No reason for kids up here not to be in school and the teachers need to accept that.

leeds

"Kids need to be back in school for a host of reasons.

A large gap in their education is going to have implications further down the line.

Only a few days ago there was uproar that kids were given the wrong fictitious grades in fictitious exams that they hadn’t taken, that fiasco will pale into insignificance if mainstream education does not resume soon.

"

You saying health is not the priority

What a, sad country we live in

cheshire

"

As for the NHS and shop workers yes schools were open too under the same guidelines of social distancing and PPE. As far as I’m aware you have to have a test prior to going into hospitals for operations, gps surgery’s are limited and precautions taken and many many other workers are still working from home. Teachers don’t want more than other sectors they want equal."

NHS and healthcare are special cases due to the environment and service they provide, you cannot compare with teachers and schools

leeds

So what would you do?

Leave the schools shut?

For how long?

We are stuck with this government for 4 more academic years. It would take time to build up trust in a new government.

Whilst Covid-19 is more dangerous that the flu, to the vast majority in working age groups it doesn't present a significant problem.

Do we completely shut up society indefinitely because a very small number of people are at risk of death? Any cases in schools are likely to be identified quickly and measures will be taken to avoid further spread which may include mass testing of pupils or shutting the school.

3 weeks into school term in Scotland and no major uncontrolled outbreaks. No reason for kids up here not to be in school and the teachers need to accept that.

"

Incorrect major outbreak in dundee Scotland within 2 weeks!!!!

South

"I find it unusual that OP's school invited parents in to a meeting during the summer holidays and there was the head and two teachers present. "

Yes me too

scotland

So what would you do?

Leave the schools shut?

For how long?

Do you have children?

Yes

We are not childcare we are educators. Childcare is not our responsibility. "

If you aren't in school then you can't educate. If you can't educate then don't expect to get paid.

leeds

Rates raising in Scotland and more admissions in hospital

Please open your eyes

leeds

So what would you do?

Leave the schools shut?

For how long?

Do you have children?

Yes

If you aren't in school then you can't educate. If you can't educate then don't expect to get paid."

People die you can't bring them back to life.

You can always get another job

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

I agree - teachers do a great job at teaching they should get on with it. Problem is the unions, just looking for any excuse to have a fight with the government. Highly political teachers are one of our pet hates, they put thicker political views ahead of serving the public. If they think they know how to run a state education system better than the government they are obviously in the wrong job

South

"

As for the NHS and shop workers yes schools were open too under the same guidelines of social distancing and PPE. As far as I’m aware you have to have a test prior to going into hospitals for operations, gps surgery’s are limited and precautions taken and many many other workers are still working from home. Teachers don’t want more than other sectors they want equal.

NHS and healthcare are special cases due to the environment and service they provide, you cannot compare with teachers and schools "

You can compare if the OP was comparing he stated that the NHS have been working all through and lose lazy shirking world shy teachers couldn’t be bothered. The NHS has precautions and continues to do so - for teachers from next week its as it was pre pandemic.

So what would you do?

Leave the schools shut?

For how long?

Do you have children?

Yes

I didnt say you were

I was just trying to illustrate...

Oh, never mind

By *evil-AngelWoman  over a year ago

Nearby

I really don't envy the job that teachers do, especially at this time. It must be so difficult to implement safe working practices because kids are so unpredictable.

It seems the focus in Wales is how to get the kids back safely. This is the reasons union's exist - to ensure their members are kept safe so it seems unfair to criticise them for doing their jobs.

With regards to the specific teachers in your child's school, we all moan about work, working conditions, when new demands are placed on us. I respect those who have been working throughout lockdown, but I bet they've had their moans too. They are still dedicated to doing their job, but they are human too

By *uciyassMan  over a year ago

sheffield

So what would you do?

Leave the schools shut?

For how long?"

I’d send all the kids to the pub as it’s clearly safer than school and has been tested. Sure kids love a drink anywAy

We're used to it! "

This is true we are, if it wasn’t for teachers / assistants etc no other professions would exist

By *aisyDoandDaisyDontWoman  over a year ago

little old town of Reading!

South

So what would you do?

Leave the schools shut?

For how long?

Do you have children?

Yes

If you aren't in school then you can't educate. If you can't educate then don't expect to get paid."

If you read my post above I don’t want schools to remain closed - teachers have always been working from the beginning. I personally have worked 3 weeks unpaid you can educate while not physically in a room with 30 children I have given my opinion above.

leeds

Teachers have no protection at all.

NHS were. Let down many died sadly as goverment didnt give them correct equipment ppe etc.

So many Dr's nurses, health staff died helping us and were given no protection. I believe we owe them alot.

. But doesn't mean we should put teachers, and families at risk

scotland

So what would you do?

Leave the schools shut?

For how long?

Incorrect major outbreak in dundee Scotland within 2 weeks!!!! "

An outbreak - not major. Under control too.

What is interesting is that 17 members of staff are positive and 2 pupils. My understanding is that the staff shouldn't be mixing with other members of staff. No staff room etc. Not sure kids can be blamed. More likely staff mixing and breaking guidelines.

South

"

Teachers have been working - where on earth have they not ‘got on with it’ ......

"I agree - teachers do a great job at teaching they should get on with it. Problem is the unions, just looking for any excuse to have a fight with the government. Highly political teachers are one of our pet hates, they put thicker political views ahead of serving the public. If they think they know how to run a state education system better than the government they are obviously in the wrong job"

Oh because Michael Gove and Gavin Williamson are experts in education aren't they? (can't find a hand over face emoji)

South

So what would you do?

Leave the schools shut?

For how long?

What is interesting is that 17 members of staff are positive and 2 pupils. My understanding is that the staff shouldn't be mixing with other members of staff. No staff room etc. Not sure kids can be blamed. More likely staff mixing and breaking guidelines.

"

Hahaha really? You’re really now going to start blaming teachers for any outbreak that occurs. So on the one hand teachers need to shut up and get on with their job and on the other they can’t go near others?

The numbers you are being fed are drastically wrong by the way.

scotland

So what would you do?

Leave the schools shut?

For how long?

Do you have children?

Yes

If you aren't in school then you can't educate. If you can't educate then don't expect to get paid.

If you read my post above I don’t want schools to remain closed - teachers have always been working from the beginning. I personally have worked 3 weeks unpaid you can educate while not physically in a room with 30 children I have given my opinion above. "

Sorry, you can't educate whilst not in the room. If so, offshore teaching to india. That will save a bit of cash.

leeds

I have quit my job from Monday to home school my child as my family health is more imporant

I can't forward not to workk

One question how come if we're so skint millions could afford to go abroad on holiday during a major pabdamic

South

250 Pupils .... not 2

South

So what would you do?

Leave the schools shut?

For how long?

Do you have children?

Yes

If you read my post above I don’t want schools to remain closed - teachers have always been working from the beginning. I personally have worked 3 weeks unpaid you can educate while not physically in a room with 30 children I have given my opinion above.

Sorry, you can't educate whilst not in the room. If so, offshore teaching to india. That will save a bit of cash."

Are you a teacher? Pupil? Parent?

BRIDPORT

What a, sad country we live in"

No. You are saying that.

You can’t have one or the other. Both have to be balanced.

If health was the only priority people would never leave the house, Covid or no Covid.

Everything in life is a balance but people seem to be only seeing the extremes in everything.

leeds

So what would you do?

Leave the schools shut?

For how long?

Do you have children?

Yes

Sorry, you can't educate whilst not in the room. If so, offshore teaching to india. That will save a bit of cash."

Please show some respect this is a serious matter

Do teachers and vulnerable. Families lives matter?

scotland

So what would you do?

Leave the schools shut?

For how long?

Hahaha really? You’re really now going to start blaming teachers for any outbreak that occurs. So on the one hand teachers need to shut up and get on with their job and on the other they can’t go near others?

The numbers you are being fed are drastically wrong by the way. "

No I am not going to start blaming teachers for any outbreak. I am just pointing out an observation.

So what are the numbers if not the numbers I am being fed?

By *okemanMan  over a year ago

Near and Far

[Removed by poster at 26/08/20 08:25:51]

By *onjo 61Man  over a year ago

northampton

Walking dog in park yesterday and lovely to see all the kids football training and playing matches and thought to myself how many of them kids will be going back to school

leeds

No. You are saying that.

If health was the only priority people would never leave the house, Covid or no Covid.

Everything in life is a balance but people seem to be only seeing the extremes in everything. "

Death of a loved one is extreme when avoidable

Or dies that matter in your family

By *okemanMan  over a year ago

Near and Far

Hello there. I've worked throughout the pandemic. Quite rightly we need to protect the vulnerable. However I disagree on the black lives matter front. It has nothing to do with this. Firstly, I am black. The figures are right however the science isn't. The reason there were a higher number of black casualties was due to the percentage of people that work in the frontline and menial roles especially in London and that was then calculated as a ratio of the population. I'll let you judge from this. Across Africa as a whole there have been less than 23000 deaths Europe 212499. Antibodies test reveals 12.3% infection rate in Africa while it's 6.2% in Europe.

leeds

"Walking dog in park yesterday and lovely to see all the kids football training and playing matches and thought to myself how many of them kids will be going back to school"

Lovely to see I agree.

Then walk thru icu ward in 4 weeks time with their grandparents on a ventilator.

Not lovely to see

This is serious stop pretending gone away

leeds

Why do you need to scoff at teachers concerns for thier safety? My daughter is a teacher and has underlying health issues, is her safety not important?? Some teachers are black and thus more at risk from Covid, black lives matter you know. And have your kids been social distancing while playing with thier mates? Just because you work in the NHS doesn't mean you can disregard other people,s workplace concerns.

Hello there. I've worked throughout the pandemic. Quite rightly we need to protect the vulnerable. However I disagree on the black lives matter front. It has nothing to do with this. Firstly, I am black. The figures are right however the science isn't. The reason there were a higher number of black casualties was due to the percentage of people that work in the frontline and menial roles especially in London and that was then calculated as a ratio of the population. I'll let you judge from this. Across Africa as a whole there have been less than 23000 deaths Europe 212499. Antibodies test reveals 12.3% infection rate in Africa while it's 6.2% in Europe."

Very informative thank you for the constructive aporoach

scotland

So what would you do?

Leave the schools shut?

For how long?

Do you have children?

Yes

Sorry, you can't educate whilst not in the room. If so, offshore teaching to india. That will save a bit of cash.

Do teachers and vulnerable. Families lives matter? "

Start taking it seriously then...We can't continue to lockdown indefinitely. Education whilst physically not in the room does not work anything like as well as it does face to face. You also will be aware of the risks to the most vulnerable children in society when not in school. Do their lives not matter? Does it not matter that they go without food. Does it not matter that they are at greater risk of abuse than ever?

Of course the lives of teachers matter as do the lives every other members of society.

leeds

Vulnerable people need to be protected

Do we agree

If you don't agree please explain your morals

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

"

Ssssh, you're saying the quiet part out loud.

leeds

Vulnerable people need to be protected

Do we agree

leeds

"

Ssssh, you're saying the quiet part out loud."

Agree people r moaning just want chikdcare

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

A race to the bottom is never good for anyone and everyone deserves to have their life and health valued. If you find that you are using psychic powers to mind read, it perhaps shows where the real concerns are.

We must take care of all and provide the education that kids need as safely as possible. Showing our compassion for others is always a good thing

BRIDPORT

No. You are saying that.

Everything in life is a balance but people seem to be only seeing the extremes in everything.

Death of a loved one is extreme when avoidable

Or dies that matter in your family "

Your response only serves to demonstrate that people are only seeing the extremes.

There is a middle ground in all situations but by only seeing the extremes helps no one.

South

So what would you do?

Leave the schools shut?

For how long?

No I am not going to start blaming teachers for any outbreak. I am just pointing out an observation.

So what are the numbers if not the numbers I am being fed?"

The actual numbers reported to county councils won’t be published - I know many teachers in Scotland and 4 out of 10 have had positive tested staff or children in their schools. Not sure where the official 2 is ..... 2 of them have had their schools closed as there aren’t enough staff due to the requirement for isolation.

leeds

"Vulnerable people need to be protected

Do we agree

If you don't agree please explain your morals "

Do you agree or not???!

scotland

Do we agree

Do you agree or not???! "

Who are you asking??

South

"

Ssssh, you're saying the quiet part out loud."

Haha that’s exactly it isn’t it - people want kids back to school so the economy opens up totally. It’s such bullshit that it’s a decision that is based on the children it’s purely financially driven. The government has had 6 months to sort something out to make it safer - they’ve done nothing and we are now faced with 11th hour u turns again. Comical farce

leeds

So what would you do?

Leave the schools shut?

For how long?

So what are the numbers if not the numbers I am being fed?

The actual numbers reported to county councils won’t be published - I know many teachers in Scotland and 4 out of 10 have had positive tested staff or children in their schools. Not sure where the official 2 is ..... 2 of them have had their schools closed as there aren’t enough staff due to the requirement for isolation. "

It's an outbreak and there will be more teachers are normal people

We are 2.5 weeks behind in England so outbreaks will be worse in schools here as Scotland have managed better than england.

So schools not safe as outbreaks already and that's the only ones we know about

leeds

"

Haha that’s exactly it isn’t it - people want kids back to school so the economy opens up totally. It’s such bullshit that it’s a decision that is based on the children it’s purely financially driven. The government has had 6 months to sort something out to make it safer - they’ve done nothing and we are now faced with 11th hour u turns again. Comical farce "

I agree woukd be funny but its putting lives at risk

Rumour going round Boris going bto resign In January.

Think it's called deserting a sinking ship and try avoid blame

South

So what would you do?

Leave the schools shut?

For how long?

Do you have children?

Yes

Start taking it seriously then...We can't continue to lockdown indefinitely. Education whilst physically not in the room does not work anything like as well as it does face to face. You also will be aware of the risks to the most vulnerable children in society when not in school. Do their lives not matter? Does it not matter that they go without food. Does it not matter that they are at greater risk of abuse than ever?

Of course the lives of teachers matter as do the lives every other members of society.

"

Again I ask are you a teacher? The vulnerable children should be being looked after by social care this is what this agency is for. If the children are already identified by school then they should be managed by that specialist agency. In the real world this department has been underfunded to the point of it being ineffective this is why so many kids fall through the cracks. Sending everyone back to school is like throwing the baby out with the bath water. It’s times like this we realise what a rubbish Government we have in that children being abused aren’t even protected but the government can afford to fund people eating out for half price.

leeds

Do we agree

Do you agree or not???!

Who are you asking??"

Asking should we protect vulnerable people yes or no quite simple

So what would you do?

Leave the schools shut?

For how long?

Do you have children?

Yes

Again I ask are you a teacher? The vulnerable children should be being looked after by social care this is what this agency is for. If the children are already identified by school then they should be managed by that specialist agency. In the real world this department has been underfunded to the point of it being ineffective this is why so many kids fall through the cracks. Sending everyone back to school is like throwing the baby out with the bath water. It’s times like this we realise what a rubbish Government we have in that children being abused aren’t even protected but the government can afford to fund people eating out for half price. "

Very good point.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

The job of the teachers is to work...

And find a way to provide a quality education for our children. Make changes as necessary. Try new ideas appropriate. Some will work, some won't. Accept it may be different. And get on with it.

The job of the parents is to educate their children alongside the teachers, make changes as necessary. Try new ideas as appropriate. Accept it won't be perfect, accept it may be different and get on with it.

Taking a pay check for doing nothing is not going to rebuild our country. Not educating our kids and uni students is definitely not going to rebuild our country. Find solutions and get going.

"

Haha that’s exactly it isn’t it - people want kids back to school so the economy opens up totally. It’s such bullshit that it’s a decision that is based on the children it’s purely financially driven. The government has had 6 months to sort something out to make it safer - they’ve done nothing and we are now faced with 11th hour u turns again. Comical farce "

Of course we all know that its nothing to do with the children missing out on education

But that doesnt detract from the fact that millions of parents simply cant go to work if they dont have anywhere for their children to go

And then what?

leeds

Choice funeral or work

About responsibility or morals.

These people who worried about work why did they spend thousands, on foreign holiday

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

I stopped reading at the words"bleeting on about their safety '

[quote/] Of course we all know that its nothing to do with the children missing out on education [\quote]

Speak for yourself!

leeds

"The job of the teachers is to work...

And find a way to provide a quality education for our children. Make changes as necessary. Try new ideas appropriate. Some will work, some won't. Accept it may be different. And get on with it.

The job of the parents is to educate their children alongside the teachers, make changes as necessary. Try new ideas as appropriate. Accept it won't be perfect, accept it may be different and get on with it.

Taking a pay check for doing nothing is not going to rebuild our country. Not educating our kids and uni students is definitely not going to rebuild our country. Find solutions and get going. "

You miss the point its about keeping people safe not money... Are you dimminc cummings you seem to act like him and same moras

I stopped reading at the words"bleeting on about their safety '"

Yeah

Everyone knows its bleating

leeds

Morals

liverpool

Taking a pay check for doing nothing is not going to rebuild our country. Not educating our kids and uni students is definitely not going to rebuild our country. Find solutions and get going. "

Are all teachers doing nothing?

I'm fairly sure it's not the responsibility of the teachers to make sure they and the kids are working in a safe environment.

liverpool

I stopped reading at the words"bleeting on about their safety '

Yeah

Everyone knows its bleating "

leeds

Taking a pay check for doing nothing is not going to rebuild our country. Not educating our kids and uni students is definitely not going to rebuild our country. Find solutions and get going.

I'm fairly sure it's not the responsibility of the teachers to make sure they and the kids are working in a safe environment. "

No its goverment as teachers follow goverment guidelines

South

Where have you read that teachers have not been working? The budgets schools have have not been added to and are already stretched to breaking point - I believe Tesco whom must have about as many stores as there are schools in the UK spent millions on making their stores covid safe and protecting their staff. School heads were supposed to do this and spend no money - how can they? If the government won’t up the funding to schools how can they make changes? Teachers already personally fill the gaps financially I know I’ve been buying pencil cases, pots, glue stick etc for years as there is no money for them. How do you suggest teachers make changes?

"[quote/] Of course we all know that its nothing to do with the children missing out on education [\quote]

Speak for yourself!"

I meant from an establishment point of view, not a parent's

ribble valley

Points to remember, schools are a huge risk on the rest of society. If there's a spike in infections, kids will be sent home. This means the whole household has to isolate. If an employer doesn't pay sick pay, then families will have to survive on government sick pay (£100 a week)

Am I the only person who thinks the buck stops with me, not teachers? As an average guy, I supplemented my kids education myself. Building on what teacher's have instilled (total respect and thanks to all the teachers who helped me achieve a great education for my kids)

"[quote/] Of course we all know that its nothing to do with the children missing out on education [\quote]

Speak for yourself!

I meant from an establishment point of view, not a parent's"

Oh, I see- my apologies then!

South

"

Haha that’s exactly it isn’t it - people want kids back to school so the economy opens up totally. It’s such bullshit that it’s a decision that is based on the children it’s purely financially driven. The government has had 6 months to sort something out to make it safer - they’ve done nothing and we are now faced with 11th hour u turns again. Comical farce

Of course we all know that its nothing to do with the children missing out on education

But that doesnt detract from the fact that millions of parents simply cant go to work if they dont have anywhere for their children to go

And then what?"

Being honest that isn’t the responsibility of teachers or schools ... many teachers have huge childcare issues as staggered starts and no wrap around means they have no childcare and unlike those working from home can’t just pop out and pick the kids up.

liverpool

"

Listending to the news yesterday

In Scotland they know exactly what's happening.

In Wales ditto.

In England they haven't a clue as the messege keeps chasing every 5 mins

Who would have thought it?

South

"Points to remember, schools are a huge risk on the rest of society. If there's a spike in infections, kids will be sent home. This means the whole household has to isolate. If an employer doesn't pay sick pay, then families will have to survive on government sick pay (£100 a week)

Am I the only person who thinks the buck stops with me, not teachers? As an average guy, I supplemented my kids education myself. Building on what teacher's have instilled (total respect and thanks to all the teachers who helped me achieve a great education for my kids)

"

Exactly!! Schools are to send children home who have a new cough. Whole family has to them isolate for two weeks .....

liverpool

I'm fairly sure it's not the responsibility of the teachers to make sure they and the kids are working in a safe environment.

No its goverment as teachers follow goverment guidelines "

Exactly.

liverpool

Where have you read that teachers have not been working? The budgets schools have have not been added to and are already stretched to breaking point - I believe Tesco whom must have about as many stores as there are schools in the UK spent millions on making their stores covid safe and protecting their staff. School heads were supposed to do this and spend no money - how can they? If the government won’t up the funding to schools how can they make changes? Teachers already personally fill the gaps financially I know I’ve been buying pencil cases, pots, glue stick etc for years as there is no money for them. How do you suggest teachers make changes? "

The fact that teachers have to buy stuff for schools should be a national scandal.

Instead more people are arsed about the words being song to some xenophobic drivel.

That's how fucked our priorities are in this country.

"

And then what?

Being honest that isn’t the responsibility of teachers or schools ... many teachers have huge childcare issues as staggered starts and no wrap around means they have no childcare and unlike those working from home can’t just pop out and pick the kids up. "

You misunderstand

Im not having a dig at teachers

Im just saying that its a huge heap of issues, and they arent simple to solve

"Points to remember, schools are a huge risk on the rest of society. If there's a spike in infections, kids will be sent home. This means the whole household has to isolate. If an employer doesn't pay sick pay, then families will have to survive on government sick pay (£100 a week)

Exactly!! Schools are to send children home who have a new cough. Whole family has to them isolate for two weeks ..... "

And how do they determine that cough is covid? As we head towards winter where every other child has a cough

The answer is they dont

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

"

And then what?

Being honest that isn’t the responsibility of teachers or schools ... many teachers have huge childcare issues as staggered starts and no wrap around means they have no childcare and unlike those working from home can’t just pop out and pick the kids up. "

There are shades of Animal Farm in UK society. This sub literate misdirected chorus of anger at the teaching profession while the real villains make up slogans and tell lies.

ribble valley

Exactly!! Schools are to send children home who have a new cough. Whole family has to them isolate for two weeks .....

And how do they determine that cough is covid? As we head towards winter where every other child has a cough

The answer is they dont

"

Easy, test, test and test again. If a child develops a cough, they must be isolated. Then if tested and clear, they can return to school. If not they stay at home.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Where have you read that teachers have not been working? The budgets schools have have not been added to and are already stretched to breaking point - I believe Tesco whom must have about as many stores as there are schools in the UK spent millions on making their stores covid safe and protecting their staff. School heads were supposed to do this and spend no money - how can they? If the government won’t up the funding to schools how can they make changes? Teachers already personally fill the gaps financially I know I’ve been buying pencil cases, pots, glue stick etc for years as there is no money for them. How do you suggest teachers make changes? "

The parents should be helping the school, our schools ppe and safety screens were all donated and money is fundraised for the school for anything extra they require.

scotland

So what would you do?

Leave the schools shut?

For how long?

Do you have children?

Yes

Again I ask are you a teacher? The vulnerable children should be being looked after by social care this is what this agency is for. If the children are already identified by school then they should be managed by that specialist agency. In the real world this department has been underfunded to the point of it being ineffective this is why so many kids fall through the cracks. Sending everyone back to school is like throwing the baby out with the bath water. It’s times like this we realise what a rubbish Government we have in that children being abused aren’t even protected but the government can afford to fund people eating out for half price. "

Apologies if i missed the question about me being a teacher. I cant see where having checked again. No i am not although i was whilst the schools were closed and juggling my own working from home. Very little evidence of teachers actually doing much work. They were sending youtube links (you guys do realise that youtube is 13+) on google classroom and other links to work sheets. Once a week video call.

You should know better than I do that social services are stretched and you do point that out but, the reality of the situation means that, regardless of the reason, these children are at higher risk than ever.

This UK government is appalling. They simple don't care about society. However, we can't keep schools closed longer so what's the alternative? If the economy is destroyed then millions lose their jobs. I can't recall the exact numbers but I think that the number of deaths related to 2008 crash is comparable but must also point out that the lost number of years (premature deaths) will have been significant. Of course, what teachers don't seem to appreciate is that compared to many in the private sector, their jobs are as safe as they come.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Good to see head teachers being given the power to determine if face coverings are used in their school (unless of course the school is in an area of its lockdown measures in place)

liverpool

Where have you read that teachers have not been working? The budgets schools have have not been added to and are already stretched to breaking point - I believe Tesco whom must have about as many stores as there are schools in the UK spent millions on making their stores covid safe and protecting their staff. School heads were supposed to do this and spend no money - how can they? If the government won’t up the funding to schools how can they make changes? Teachers already personally fill the gaps financially I know I’ve been buying pencil cases, pots, glue stick etc for years as there is no money for them. How do you suggest teachers make changes?

The parents should be helping the school, our schools ppe and safety screens were all donated and money is fundraised for the school for anything extra they require."

Why are the gmnt not providing ppe?

Do we agree

Do you agree or not???!

Who are you asking??

Asking should we protect vulnerable people yes or no quite simple "

Actually i was speaking to my elderly neighbour who is 80 this year.

She said she doesn't think the country and young people should suffer to protect someone of her age.

She said shes lived a long life and the elderly shouldnt be protected at the cost of younger healthy lives wether its suicides or job losses leading to poverty unable to support or feed familys, or children missing an education.

She said non of that should be acceptable in order to protect her or people like her.

She said if she gets it she gets its sad but death is apart of life and it comes to us all eventually.

To be honest i was in awe of her attitude and respect her.

scotland

The parents should be helping the school, our schools ppe and safety screens were all donated and money is fundraised for the school for anything extra they require."

Some parents have lost their jobs

Some parents are on furlough

Some parents struggle to put food on the table

The government should be funding rather than pissing money against the wall by awarding contracts to friends without going to competitive tender.

ribble valley

Do we agree

Do you agree or not???!

Who are you asking??

She said she doesn't think the country and young people should suffer to protect someone of her age.

She said shes lived a long life and the elderly shouldnt be protected at the cost of younger healthy lives wether its suicides or job losses leading to poverty unable to support or feed familys, or children missing an education.

She said non of that should be acceptable in order to protect her or people like her.

She said if she gets it she gets its sad but death is apart of life and it comes to us all eventually.

"

Sorry to hear the defeatist talk from your neighbour. She sounds like she's "ready"

But because she doesn't care about her health, would you ring her an ambulance? Put extra strain and risk on the NHS. Or just let her slip away.

Do we agree

Do you agree or not???!

Who are you asking??

Sorry to hear the defeatist talk from your neighbour. She sounds like she's "ready"

But because she doesn't care about her health, would you ring her an ambulance? Put extra strain and risk on the NHS. Or just let her slip away. "

I didnt see it as being defeatist at all.

More like selfless.

Shes the least defeatist person i know, always happy and joyful.

Through out all this shes gone out and carried on as normal and done her own shopping.

She simply thinks the world being on lock down causing econmic turmoil and devastion to familys and children and other people that need use of health car unrelated to covid in other to protect someone like her of elderly age isnt a very good compromise.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

The parents should be helping the school, our schools ppe and safety screens were all donated and money is fundraised for the school for anything extra they require.

The government should be funding rather than pissing money against the wall by awarding contracts to friends without going to competitive tender."

Can't imagine what "furlough" is if it isn't funding

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

‘Their’ not ‘there’

scotland

The government should be funding rather than pissing money against the wall by awarding contracts to friends without going to competitive tender.

Can't imagine what "furlough" is if it isn't funding "

Funding social services. Keep up.

Furlough is a way of keeping the economy moving.

Do you have an opinion on the government awarding contracts to friends without competitive tender?

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

No they are not.

By *az080378Woman  over a year ago

Cromer

Do we agree

Do you agree or not???!

Who are you asking??

But because she doesn't care about her health, would you ring her an ambulance? Put extra strain and risk on the NHS. Or just let her slip away.

I didnt see it as being defeatist at all.

More like selfless.

Shes the least defeatist person i know, always happy and joyful.

Through out all this shes gone out and carried on as normal and done her own shopping.

She simply thinks the world being on lock down causing econmic turmoil and devastion to familys and children and other people that need use of health car unrelated to covid in other to protect someone like her of elderly age isnt a very good compromise.

"

Wasn't lockdown to protect the NHS?

So what would you do?

Leave the schools shut?

For how long?

Do you have children?

Yes

Again I ask are you a teacher? The vulnerable children should be being looked after by social care this is what this agency is for. If the children are already identified by school then they should be managed by that specialist agency. In the real world this department has been underfunded to the point of it being ineffective this is why so many kids fall through the cracks. Sending everyone back to school is like throwing the baby out with the bath water. It’s times like this we realise what a rubbish Government we have in that children being abused aren’t even protected but the government can afford to fund people eating out for half price.

Apologies if i missed the question about me being a teacher. I cant see where having checked again. No i am not although i was whilst the schools were closed and juggling my own working from home. Very little evidence of teachers actually doing much work. They were sending youtube links (you guys do realise that youtube is 13+) on google classroom and other links to work sheets. Once a week video call.

You should know better than I do that social services are stretched and you do point that out but, the reality of the situation means that, regardless of the reason, these children are at higher risk than ever.

This UK government is appalling. They simple don't care about society. However, we can't keep schools closed longer so what's the alternative? If the economy is destroyed then millions lose their jobs. I can't recall the exact numbers but I think that the number of deaths related to 2008 crash is comparable but must also point out that the lost number of years (premature deaths) will have been significant. Of course, what teachers don't seem to appreciate is that compared to many in the private sector, their jobs are as safe as they come.

"

Very little evidence of teachers doing any work? Only sending Youtube links?

Oh dear oh dear

Leeds

"

Wasn't lockdown to protect the NHS?"

Yes.

Vulnerable people were told to protect themselves by shielding.

By *iliciousCouple  over a year ago

South East

Schools have been told to go back as if nothing had changed.

- Full classes - no rotas allowed

- Increased cleaning - no extra budget given to cover it.

This clearly makes no sense.

Children need to return to school, of course.

Teachers have a right to mitigate their chances of being infected.

I cannot for the life of me see why there cannot be compromise and mitigation, ie

- bringing the schools back in shifts, either one week on/one week off or, better still, half week in half week home with online learning.

- increasing budgets to allow for regular deep cleaning

- bulk installations of portakabins to allow pupils to spread out across the school estate.

- to allow for children being home half a week, the furlough scheme will need to be extended perhaos along the lines of the German part time system, which has just been put into place for a further two years.

It's just called "planning", something which this government seems spectatularly unable to achieve. They have had 5 months to sort this and have done precisely nothing, and will be willing to blame the teachers when/if it all comes crashing down. Meanwhile many more will have died. I hope I am not one of them.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

The government should be funding rather than pissing money against the wall by awarding contracts to friends without going to competitive tender."

Just the parents donating money is not how the fundraising works, the local businesses all contribute to the fund many parents can only afford to donate a tiny portion of time. Its about being a community and all pulling together.

The gov should be funding many things and doesn't, I'm not going to moan about it I'm going to make a difference instead.

liverpool

Just the parents donating money is not how the fundraising works, the local businesses all contribute to the fund many parents can only afford to donate a tiny portion of time. Its about being a community and all pulling together.

The gov should be funding many things and doesn't, I'm not going to moan about it I'm going to make a difference instead.

"

I knew schools had fundraise etc however I never knew they had to buy their own ppe and teachers had to stock up supply.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I thought teachers were meant to be well educated, therefore surely they can find ways to ensure the safety of all concerned, every other section of society seems to have managed. "

... They're educated in education and their subject area, not epidemiology, public health, virology, immunology, etc.

liverpool

"I thought teachers were meant to be well educated, therefore surely they can find ways to ensure the safety of all concerned, every other section of society seems to have managed.

... They're educated in education and their subject area, not epidemiology, public health, virology, immunology, etc."

Apparently teachers are now responsible for managing the pandemic

Manchester (she/her)

Kids need to go to school. Educational inequality grows, it's safeguarding, etc.

Let's make it happen. Let's drive down infection rates, behave responsibly, uphold social distancing, keep strictly to the rules, discourage behaviours that spread the virus like inebriation.

Let's fund and support teachers and students to both be safe and not be the source of outbreaks.

Less pub more school

Manchester (she/her)

... They're educated in education and their subject area, not epidemiology, public health, virology, immunology, etc.

Apparently teachers are now responsible for managing the pandemic"

That and retail and restaurant workers

No wonder we're so world beating

South

"Schools have been told to go back as if nothing had changed.

I cannot for the life of me see why there cannot be compromise and mitigation, ie

- bringing the schools back in shifts, either one week on/one week off or, better still, half week in half week home with online learning.

- bulk installations of portakabins to allow pupils to spread out across the school estate.

- to allow for children being home half a week, the furlough scheme will need to be extended perhaos along the lines of the German part time system, which has just been put into place for a further two years.

It's just called "planning", something which this government seems spectatularly unable to achieve. They have had 5 months to sort this and have done precisely nothing, and will be willing to blame the teachers when/if it all comes crashing down. Meanwhile many more will have died. I hope I am not one of them.

"

Omg just this!!!!! Good luck for the upcoming term xx

the wetlands

... They're educated in education and their subject area, not epidemiology, public health, virology, immunology, etc."

Part of an education is to teach healthy living and cleanliness.

the wetlands

"

Another shake of the money tree then ?

Another shake of the money tree then ?"

Or a chance to think differently on how we educate our children. As this system does not work for the majority

Manchester (she/her)

Part of an education is to teach healthy living and cleanliness."

Sure, but as I think we've all discovered, this virus has brought new high level challenges which remain the subject of academic debate.

I'd rather let the teachers teach and have those with appropriate qualifications find solutions.

Yes they do and in sweden they started the new term in school last week

Do we agree

Do you agree or not???!

Who are you asking??

"

As do I. Shows critical thinking the rest of the world seems incapable of.

South

"Yes they do and in sweden they started the new term in school last week "

Sigh.... 37% of swedes work from home anyway. 27% of adults live alone. Very few live or have daily contact with grandparents for childcare reasons. Swedish schools have far fewer in classes their set up is different and their building fat bigger. It’s like comparing lockdown experiences of someone in a one bedroom flat with no garden and four kids to a middle aged couple kids off hand working from home in their four bedroom house in the suburbs. Comments like this are really useless in the debate.

Manchester (she/her)

"Yes they do and in sweden they started the new term in school last week

Sigh.... 37% of swedes work from home anyway. 27% of adults live alone. Very few live or have daily contact with grandparents for childcare reasons. Swedish schools have far fewer in classes their set up is different and their building fat bigger. It’s like comparing lockdown experiences of someone in a one bedroom flat with no garden and four kids to a middle aged couple kids off hand working from home in their four bedroom house in the suburbs. Comments like this are really useless in the debate. "

Has anyone looked at how school opening has gone in, say, the state of Georgia?

It'll be fiiiine

liverpool

Nah they have got better things to waste money on than the safety of children and teachers.

Sigh.... 37% of swedes work from home anyway. 27% of adults live alone. Very few live or have daily contact with grandparents for childcare reasons. Swedish schools have far fewer in classes their set up is different and their building fat bigger. It’s like comparing lockdown experiences of someone in a one bedroom flat with no garden and four kids to a middle aged couple kids off hand working from home in their four bedroom house in the suburbs. Comments like this are really useless in the debate. "

They are not, you can still debate of what country is doing the right thing by having the schools open or not there.

Manchester (she/her)

Nah they have got better things to waste money on than the safety of children and teachers.

"

Yes it's amazing that caring about kids is shaking the money tree and handing lucrative contracts to unqualified mates isn't. Funny how that works

South

Sigh.... 37% of swedes work from home anyway. 27% of adults live alone. Very few live or have daily contact with grandparents for childcare reasons. Swedish schools have far fewer in classes their set up is different and their building fat bigger. It’s like comparing lockdown experiences of someone in a one bedroom flat with no garden and four kids to a middle aged couple kids off hand working from home in their four bedroom house in the suburbs. Comments like this are really useless in the debate. They are not, you can still debate of what country is doing the right thing by having the schools open or not there."

No you can’t schools aren’t the same even in this country the ability to provide a SAFE return is massively varied. You cannot compare building that allow 20 children socially distanced to the safety of those that only allow 12 but we have to cram in 32 - you can not compare the two situations it’s just daft.

South

Part of an education is to teach healthy living and cleanliness."

Yep so healthy snack policy (which parents don’t follow) healthy lunches, wash your hands coughs and sneezes etc ... oh wait there isn’t enough sinks, hand wash, sanitiser or tissues ...... I buy tissues for my class as the budget won’t run to it.

By *iliciousCouple  over a year ago

South East

—————

Yes of course public money has to continue to be used to fight this, as the Germans clearly understand. It will continue to be this way until the worst is over.

South

—————

Yes of course public money has to continue to be used to fight this, as the Germans clearly understand. It will continue to be this way until the worst is over.

"

Exactly ... schools are in the public sector how else can they be run? You can’t change buildings without spending money you can’t employ extra staff without more money. This money hasn’t been forthcoming.

leeds

Sigh.... 37% of swedes work from home anyway. 27% of adults live alone. Very few live or have daily contact with grandparents for childcare reasons. Swedish schools have far fewer in classes their set up is different and their building fat bigger. It’s like comparing lockdown experiences of someone in a one bedroom flat with no garden and four kids to a middle aged couple kids off hand working from home in their four bedroom house in the suburbs. Comments like this are really useless in the debate.

It'll be fiiiine "

How's it going in dundee

Or United States

Increased transmion

Manchester (she/her)

It'll be fiiiine

How's it going in dundee

Or United States

Increased transmion"

Indeed.

Close eyes, open schools, hope for the best.

Yeah ok

leeds

Sure, but as I think we've all discovered, this virus has brought new high level challenges which remain the subject of academic debate.

I'd rather let the teachers teach and have those with appropriate qualifications find solutions."

Who has appropriate qualifications

Goverment leaders not qualified

Parents are responsible for children and family.

Therefore return is unsafe family then overrides everything protecting family and health

Not goverment who haven't clue.

I can ask why u think your qualified more than a parent

leeds

"Kids need to go to school. Educational inequality grows, it's safeguarding, etc.

Let's make it happen. Let's drive down infection rates, behave responsibly, uphold social distancing, keep strictly to the rules, discourage behaviours that spread the virus like inebriation.

Let's fund and support teachers and students to both be safe and not be the source of outbreaks.

Less pub more school "

Do you believe in father Christmas and the world is flat

Your so naive worrying

leeds

Agreed total mess you can't trust goverment

"

Manchester (she/her)

I'd rather let the teachers teach and have those with appropriate qualifications find solutions.

Who has appropriate qualifications

Goverment leaders not qualified

Parents are responsible for children and family.

Therefore return is unsafe family then overrides everything protecting family and health

Not goverment who haven't clue.

I can ask why u think your qualified more than a parent"

I'm not qualified. Never said I was.

Teachers are qualified in education.

Various scientists are qualified in diseases, their spread, and disease reduction.

Parents are qualified in - whatever they do for work and taking care of their child.

The government... don't get me started.

I think we need to ask actual experts. What's the modelling indicate about the risks of opening schools? What do we know about the risks of that inflammatory disorder seen in children? What are the health risks versus educational risks in masking? What's likely in terms of compliance and how do we achieve that? How can ventilation be improved?

So ask doctors, scientists, psychologists, architects, etc. Not parents, not the government, not some random chick in a swing dress on a swinging site with a semblance of a clue how to ask the right questions.

leeds

Do we agree

Do you agree or not???!

Who are you asking??

"

I don't grand kids children don't believe that also she as the same right or more to be protected then selfish young people protect are vulnerable

Manchester (she/her)

"Do you believe in father Christmas and the world is flat

Your so naive worrying "

I believe in evidence, in science, in looking to comparable models.

You are (you're) similarly naive if you believe it'll all be fine because you hope it'll be so and you can impugn the scientific qualifications I never claimed to have