FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Seasonal Flu. Just booked our appointments for Flu Injection at Boots

Seasonal Flu. Just booked our appointments for Flu Injection at Boots

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Go get yours.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Just declined never had one but will have covid jab when and if

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Yep I've got mine booked in for the beginning of October

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm definitely after that little prick. (That's what she said)

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Never had one t9 be honest as know a few who say you end up ill

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I've never had one but I'm considering it this year x

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Not booked but will definitely be getting up t this year. Incredibly sensible, to get the country to herd immunity levels

"Never had one t9 be honest as know a few who say you end up ill"

Had it for the last six or seven years and only ever been ill two years ago when they picked the wrong H strain. They admitted they got it wrong.

Maybe give it at least one try.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

I have one every year

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Can get one through work. Never thought about it until this year.

By *andL2000Couple  over a year ago

somerset

I’ve been offered it for years through my employment. Always refused until 3 years ago, I had the flu!! My god! I thought I was gonna die. They say you wouldn’t get out of bed to pick £50 up from the floor. I wouldn’t have got out for £500!! Never again.

Flu jab all the way for me!!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I always have it, often end up getting in Boots because my GP surgery usually only has clinics during my working day. I get it free because i have very bad, not well controlled asthma plus 2 autoimmune diseases.

On the year they picked the wrong strain i got flu and i was very, very ill for a long time.

I wont have it and never had it, cos I never really get the flu

By *olden_Road_to_SamarkandMan  over a year ago

Road to Samarkand

"Go get yours. "

DAMNED GOOD ADVICE particularly in the current COVID climate.

By *cottish guy 555Man  over a year ago

London

"I wont have it and never had it, cos I never really get the flu "

Never crashed a car but still wear a seat belt

"I wont have it and never had it, cos I never really get the flu

Never crashed a car but still wear a seat belt "

What about herd immunity ? Thinking of others !

the resistance to the spread of a contagious disease within a population that results if a sufficiently high proportion of individuals are immune to the disease, especially through vaccination.

"the level of vaccination needed to achieve herd immunity varies by disease

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I don't get the flu shag, but I've not had my normal summer cold this year, so I'm having a flu jab for a little more antibody protection this winter

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Apparently I'm allowed an NHS one this year. I used to qualify for one, then they said I didn't and have paid in a pharmacy the past 5+ years. Now I magically qualify but am 34 and not in any at risk group for Covid. Oh well, I'll go and get my tax money's worth.

I don't get the flu shag, but I've not had my normal summer cold this year, so I'm having a flu jab for a little more antibody protection this winter"

That is also good .

By *uckslut and MCouple  over a year ago

Poole

"Go get yours. "

Not that easy, I'm not eligable. - fem.

"Go get yours.

Not that easy, I'm not eligable. - fem. "

I think it's only 8 quid in asda

"Go get yours.

Not that easy, I'm not eligable. - fem. "

Between £8 and £13?

What price is a good price to help protect yourself and others?

Never crashed a car but still wear a seat belt "

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

"Never had one t9 be honest as know a few who say you end up ill"

It is not a live vaccine so can't give you flu. As your body produces antibodies it can raise your temperature and make you feel a little off colour for a couple of days but that's all.

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

Always have one. More important this year than ever. Flu + Covid wouldn't be a good combo

"Never had one t9 be honest as know a few who say you end up ill

It is not a live vaccine so can't give you flu. As your body produces antibodies it can raise your temperature and make you feel a little off colour for a couple of days but that's all. "

Finally someone who knows what they are talking about. Had enough of people saying they inject live virus

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It is not a live vaccine so can't give you flu. As your body produces antibodies it can raise your temperature and make you feel a little off colour for a couple of days but that's all. "

By *arracksCouple  over a year ago

Deal

It is not a live vaccine so can't give you flu. As your body produces antibodies it can raise your temperature and make you feel a little off colour for a couple of days but that's all.

Finally someone who knows what they are talking about. Had enough of people saying they inject live virus "

Please book at your GP Surgery, we lose lots of funding to the pharmacies

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Finally someone who knows what they are talking about. Had enough of people saying they inject live virus

Please book at your GP Surgery, we lose lots of funding to the pharmacies"

Is there a criteria though and if you don't meet it can you pay to have it done at your surgery?

You sound like you're in the know

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Usually get mine in October x

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

The Joy's of being Astmatic and diabetic and getting to 60! It's all free plus a pneumonia one! Still wont b having the covid one!

North West

The nasal spray vaccine used for children is live virus, but it's attenuated, so cannot cause full symptomatic disease. Children can shed attenuated virus for a few days though. The injectable one given to adults is not live.

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

The nasal spray vaccine used for children is live virus, but it's attenuated, so cannot cause full symptomatic disease. Children can shed attenuated virus for a few days though. The injectable one given to adults is not live. "

The nasal spray is not allowed for children on immune suppressants. So they have to have the jab.

The whole family (even my other child) has to have the jab, not the nasal spray as well can still be a risk to my immune suppressed child

North West

The nasal spray vaccine used for children is live virus, but it's attenuated, so cannot cause full symptomatic disease. Children can shed attenuated virus for a few days though. The injectable one given to adults is not live.

The nasal spray is not allowed for children on immune suppressants. So they have to have the jab.

The whole family (even my other child) has to have the jab, not the nasal spray as well can still be a risk to my immune suppressed child"

Indeed, immune suppression is a different kettle of fish. It is recommended that kids inoculated with the nasal spray stay away from immunosuppressed people for a week or so for the same reason.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

No idea when my GP surgery will start doing them. Still only doing telephone consultations.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Some of you may remember the new millennium eve, 1999 clocking over to 2000, with everyone partying and setting off fireworks? I was in bed at the time with influenza, started just after Christmas and was very ill until well into January. I wasn't really properly better until most of the summer had gone by. Flu is nothing like a cold, it's a disease that seriously fucks you over.

So yes I'll be getting my jab this autumn, just like every autumn since 2000. I've still had colds and coughs and other minor viral infections occasionally over the years, the flu jab doesn't protect against the other crappy things that go round every winter. But at least I've not had flu again.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Never had one in my life .... and certainly won’t be having a Corona one

"Go get yours. "

No, we've got our local law enforcement emailing out asking folk where they want to go to have flu jabs administered, since when was it law enforcements job to arrange flu jabs, or is that part of the Covid Act 2020? Although I, Mr. am the proud owner of a MkI Asthma and in the flu jab catchment I think I'll pass this year.

Besides, unless there's something they're not telling people it won't protect against the new religion that is Charlie One Nine.

By *aulupforitMan  over a year ago

Tynemouth

"Go get yours. "
Hopefully get mine next Friday with my Diabetic check.Had flu years ago but not as bad as Glandular Fever.

Finally someone who knows what they are talking about. Had enough of people saying they inject live virus "

Please book at your GP Surgery, we lose lots of funding to the pharmacies"

I'd have mine at my GPs surgery but they have flu vaccine clinics which are during the day when I'm at work, if i pop out of work i would lose pay, so i go to Boots because they do it to suit me

By *na_Luv_4PlayCouple  over a year ago

Santa lucia de Tirajana

Hope you all enjoy your little pricks

By *iznLesCouple  over a year ago

Trowbridge

We will give that a pass

By *DGF20Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Come on guys hurry up, almost gone

Deal

I'd have mine at my GPs surgery but they have flu vaccine clinics which are during the day when I'm at work, if i pop out of work i would lose pay, so i go to Boots because they do it to suit me "

We are offering weekend and evening appointments

Deal

"No idea when my GP surgery will start doing them. Still only doing telephone consultations.

"

Nurses and HCAs can administer, mine have seen patients throughout, GPs face to face when video or telephone cant cut it

Deal

Is there a criteria though and if you don't meet it can you pay to have it done at your surgery?

You sound like you're in the know "

We are not allowed to administer privately, sorry

"Never had one in my life .... and certainly won’t be having a Corona one "

Central

I'd have mine at my GPs surgery but they have flu vaccine clinics which are during the day when I'm at work, if i pop out of work i would lose pay, so i go to Boots because they do it to suit me

We are offering weekend and evening appointments "

Mine does too plus it can be given on other standard appointments.

It's especially important for as many people in the population to get it this year, as it will help to sustain the NHS to be as well resourced as possible, in case covid-19 becomes a bigger problem, increasing hospitalisation. Their current plans see over 80,000 excess deaths this winter, in a likely worst case scenario.

Anyone thinking that they won't have it, is healthy and without health reasons preventing them having it, ought to reflect on having it in order to help everyone and the NHS. It would also be wise for themselves, as they may of course gget both flu and covid-19 this winter and the cumulative effects on them may be horrific.

We can get the UK free of flu this winter by herd immunity. Let's do it and make something positive happen for us

We are offering weekend and evening appointments "

Mine doesn't.

An outline of who can get it free etc . . .

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/flu-influenza-vaccine/

North West

"An outline of who can get it free etc . . .

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/flu-influenza-vaccine/"

Weird. I was told I qualify for a free one and have booked. I have a tiny heart murmur and a peripheral nerve injury, but neither have been on the "list" before, I didn't have to shield etc. and had the mildest case of Covid in history. Confused why I qualify, but docs reception confirmed it and booked me in. Odd, but meh!

[Removed by poster at 29/08/20 16:34:24]

Weird. I was told I qualify for a free one and have booked. I have a tiny heart murmur and a peripheral nerve injury, but neither have been on the "list" before, I didn't have to shield etc. and had the mildest case of Covid in history. Confused why I qualify, but docs reception confirmed it and booked me in. Odd, but meh! "

If you have a lowered immune system Boots will take you free. A friend of mine booked yesterday and she has Severe Hayfever. I think that they are opening it up to a much wider range of needs.

That the man flu

Very very serious

North West

Weird. I was told I qualify for a free one and have booked. I have a tiny heart murmur and a peripheral nerve injury, but neither have been on the "list" before, I didn't have to shield etc. and had the mildest case of Covid in history. Confused why I qualify, but docs reception confirmed it and booked me in. Odd, but meh!

If you have a lowered immune system Boots will take you free. A friend of mine booked yesterday and she has Severe Hayfever. I think that they are opening it up to a much wider range of needs."

Nope, my immune system is in tip-top condition. I'm getting the free one at my GP later in September, but heaven knows why

If you have a lowered immune system Boots will take you free. A friend of mine booked yesterday and she has Severe Hayfever. I think that they are opening it up to a much wider range of needs.

Nope, my immune system is in tip-top condition. I'm getting the free one at my GP later in September, but heaven knows why "

Deal

Mine doesn't."

Patients should be lobbying them for extended hours and weekends, Saturdays are standard for most of us, as well as an 8pm finish.

North West

Mine doesn't.

Patients should be lobbying them for extended hours and weekends, Saturdays are standard for most of us, as well as an 8pm finish. "

Ours does flu vaccine clinics on Sat, but nothing more. There used to be appointments till 8pm two nights a week (Wed and Thurs) before Covid, but they seem to have disappeared. We do have out of hours GP via Bardoc but it's pretty useless, no point attempting a review of an ongoing medical condition at Bardoc at 8pm. People who work are just expected to take time off, eg blood tests at 11.05am. That's more than half a day off for a blood test because you can't go into the city centre office and come back, you'd just go there and immediately have to set off back. By the time you've had the test and got to the train, you'd be more than half a day off. For routine tests like thyroid function etc, that's frankly ludicrous.

Deal

Mine doesn't.

Patients should be lobbying them for extended hours and weekends, Saturdays are standard for most of us, as well as an 8pm finish.

Ours does flu vaccine clinics on Sat, but nothing more. There used to be appointments till 8pm two nights a week (Wed and Thurs) before Covid, but they seem to have disappeared. We do have out of hours GP via Bardoc but it's pretty useless, no point attempting a review of an ongoing medical condition at Bardoc at 8pm. People who work are just expected to take time off, eg blood tests at 11.05am. That's more than half a day off for a blood test because you can't go into the city centre office and come back, you'd just go there and immediately have to set off back. By the time you've had the test and got to the train, you'd be more than half a day off. For routine tests like thyroid function etc, that's frankly ludicrous. "

Our network offers 8 till 8, 7 days a week, as we all should be doing!

North West

Mine doesn't.

Ours does flu vaccine clinics on Sat, but nothing more. There used to be appointments till 8pm two nights a week (Wed and Thurs) before Covid, but they seem to have disappeared. We do have out of hours GP via Bardoc but it's pretty useless, no point attempting a review of an ongoing medical condition at Bardoc at 8pm. People who work are just expected to take time off, eg blood tests at 11.05am. That's more than half a day off for a blood test because you can't go into the city centre office and come back, you'd just go there and immediately have to set off back. By the time you've had the test and got to the train, you'd be more than half a day off. For routine tests like thyroid function etc, that's frankly ludicrous.

Our network offers 8 till 8, 7 days a week, as we all should be doing!"

Wouldn't mind, but we live in a huge metropolitan council area and it's a health centre serving 20,000+ patients. It's not a rural backwater

Mine doesn't.

Patients should be lobbying them for extended hours and weekends, Saturdays are standard for most of us, as well as an 8pm finish. "

I find it easier to go to Boots, then i can choose when i want it done. Mostly i don't pre book it, i just turn up when i have the time.

My GP surgery are only doing the over 65s vaccine at first, the one for me won't be available there until november/december.

With the real risk of virus interference, as shown in science direct, I'm pretty wary of the flu vaccination this year. Boris had it last year and look how well he fared with the virus.

I normally wait for GP to send me an appointment though but I may ask for an appointment.

"With the real risk of virus interference, as shown in science direct, I'm pretty wary of the flu vaccination this year. Boris had it last year and look how well he fared with the virus. "

That doesn't make sense at all.

Covid is not flu.

North West

"With the real risk of virus interference, as shown in science direct, I'm pretty wary of the flu vaccination this year. Boris had it last year and look how well he fared with the virus. "

Correlation is not causation. By that logic, being blonde or having attended Eton will make you equally at risk. There is no issue having the flu jab and the paper people keep wheeling out that they allege states otherwise has been misinterpreted and misrepresented.

"With the real risk of virus interference, as shown in science direct, I'm pretty wary of the flu vaccination this year. Boris had it last year and look how well he fared with the virus.

Correlation is not causation. By that logic, being blonde or having attended Eton will make you equally at risk. There is no issue having the flu jab and the paper people keep wheeling out that they allege states otherwise has been misinterpreted and misrepresented. "

Oh so that means I'm safe.

I have dark brown hair and went to a fairly crappy state school.

North West

"With the real risk of virus interference, as shown in science direct, I'm pretty wary of the flu vaccination this year. Boris had it last year and look how well he fared with the virus.

Correlation is not causation. By that logic, being blonde or having attended Eton will make you equally at risk. There is no issue having the flu jab and the paper people keep wheeling out that they allege states otherwise has been misinterpreted and misrepresented.

I have dark brown hair and went to a fairly crappy state school. "

Yep, you're totally fine

I have dark brown hair and went to a fairly crappy state school.

Yep, you're totally fine "

Yay.

Deal

Mine doesn't.

Our network offers 8 till 8, 7 days a week, as we all should be doing!

Wouldn't mind, but we live in a huge metropolitan council area and it's a health centre serving 20,000+ patients. It's not a rural backwater "

We have a surgery that has 20 thousand to vaccinate, glad I have 10% of that, until the 50-64 bracket in November, fingers crossed NHSE have ordered enough, we weren't allowed to order more...

"Go get yours. "

far to early;

my father had a flue jab 4 years ago, hes been in a wheelchair ever since, and now in a care home, will i take one, never

Central

"my father had a flue jab 4 years ago, hes been in a wheelchair ever since, and now in a care home, will i take one, never"

What was the cause of his disabilities?

» Add a new message to this topic