FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Masks conspiracy - control

Masks conspiracy - control

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Five more more days to halloween...", remember the creepy ad for selling Halloween masks? Halloween III: Season of the Witch.

Well that's it, that's the control. Anyone wearing their mask on Oct 31st will be taken over.

*insert evil laugh*

Seriously though, how on earth is temporary mask wearing controlling us? I have asked this question before within various threads, but no-one has responded... Halloween it is then

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

""Five more more days to halloween...", remember the creepy ad for selling Halloween masks? Halloween III: Season of the Witch.

Well that's it, that's the control. Anyone wearing their mask on Oct 31st will be taken over.

*insert evil laugh*

Seriously though, how on earth is temporary mask wearing controlling us? I have asked this question before within various threads, but no-one has responded... Halloween it is then "

I think its seen as a way of getting you so used to doing it/anything and not questioning why then its easier to get you to do anything in the futute with anything... People don't question why but if they do they're labelled nut jobs. Fear is a great way to control. So maybe its all about future control. Get the public so used to doing what they're told they'll never question anything. Science is questioning isnt it then finding solutions

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

""Five more more days to halloween...", remember the creepy ad for selling Halloween masks? Halloween III: Season of the Witch.

*insert evil laugh*

Seriously though, how on earth is temporary mask wearing controlling us? I have asked this question before within various threads, but no-one has responded... Halloween it is then

I think its seen as a way of getting you so used to doing it/anything and not questioning why then its easier to get you to do anything in the futute with anything... People don't question why but if they do they're labelled nut jobs. Fear is a great way to control. So maybe its all about future control. Get the public so used to doing what they're told they'll never question anything. Science is questioning isnt it then finding solutions "

There is a massive conspiracy going on, but as it's largely targeted at you, I can't really go into more detail...

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

It's just the start..

It is probably an attempt to boost the economy as we either buy or make them

Don't be fooled. We are puppets

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Silly OP, believing something as rational as "covering your nose and mouth helps contain respiratory pathogens". It's obviously a conspiracy

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"It's just the start..

Don't be fooled. We are puppets "

Maybe it's also a way to try and encourage people back into the shops and high streets by making them feel safer?

Chelmsford

"Silly OP, believing something as rational as "covering your nose and mouth helps contain respiratory pathogens". It's obviously a conspiracy "

Well only three months ago the medical science said....

I am so frustrated by my inability to fight this mask thing. Almost everyone in the real world I talk to thinks it's bollocks too but no one seems to be able to do anything about it. What on earth is going on with us. it's as if we are stuck in some stupid parallel dimension of blind, supreme stupidness.

Chelmsford

"I am so frustrated by my inability to fight this mask thing. Almost everyone in the real world I talk to thinks it's bollocks too but no one seems to be able to do anything about it. What on earth is going on with us. it's as if we are stuck in some stupid parallel dimension of blind, supreme stupidness.

"

Masks are there to enslave us..

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"I am so frustrated by my inability to fight this mask thing. Almost everyone in the real world I talk to thinks it's bollocks too but no one seems to be able to do anything about it. What on earth is going on with us. it's as if we are stuck in some stupid parallel dimension of blind, supreme stupidness.

Masks are there to enslave us.. "

It will be like crying wolf. If ever there were to be something of genuine issue and cause for concern, people will have stopping listening to the conspiracy peddlers.

Limiting mask use, which have minimal investment of cost and effort, is probably futile, when there's evidence that suggests that they can reduce transmission levels. Even the placebo effect may be valuable.

Should Halloween be cancelled. Sending your kids to loads of strangers doors any one of which could have Covid. Also where have them sweets been.

Chelmsford

Why now ?

Manchester (she/her)

"Silly OP, believing something as rational as "covering your nose and mouth helps contain respiratory pathogens". It's obviously a conspiracy

Well only three months ago the medical science said...."

Goodness. Science changes. It's how it works.

And no, some scientists have been advocating masks since April.

By *teveuk77Man  over a year ago

uk

"Silly OP, believing something as rational as "covering your nose and mouth helps contain respiratory pathogens". It's obviously a conspiracy

And no, some scientists have been advocating masks since April."

exactly. Early on masks weren't considered necessary because they aren't over the winter with flu. Why not? Because, as we all know, when someone says they have the flu, 9 out of 10 times they don't, it's just a cold. If they really had the flu then they'd be in bed. So, people with the flu can't get out of bed and therefore they won't be in supermarkets spreading the virus!

We now know that up to 40% are asymptomatic and can spread the virus hence mask requirements.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

There's this thing called progress. It's why we don't sacrifice virgins to the gods or enslave other ethnic groups etc. You know, progress. Things change, Essex Tom, surely you can comprehend that?

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Just look up Brian Lee Hitchins.

By *eep.Man  over a year ago

Just a background character

Doesn't CCTV/facial recognition etc already enslave us in some sort of 1984-esq dystopia.

Masks mean CCTV is ineffective. Shit!!!

Leicestershire

"

There's this thing called progress. It's why we don't sacrifice virgins to the gods

"

Oops, my bad....

North West

"

There's this thing called progress. It's why we don't sacrifice virgins to the gods

Oops, my bad....

"

By *unning LinguistMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Oh dear. Let me guess. We never landed on the moon either and 9/11 was a CIA operation? Doctors and Nurses have been wearing face masks for decades. They prevent infection. Simples.

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

The way I look at it if a mask is good enough for a surgeon it's good enough for me. I choose to wear one not because the goverment tell me, so no control going on there.

"Control" if we want to believe it is, it's all a state of mind.

I often wore a scarf over my face prior to this pandemic as far back as the 1989 when diesal/traffic fumes appeared to be more prevelent and being slightly autistic.

Also as a fashion accessory (not inspired by MJ).

The mask/face cover I believe is effective not perfect but does reduce the risk.

I will carry on wearing even if there is an all clear.

"When the evidence changes, so I change my mind. Why,sir, what do you do?"

John Maynard Keynes (allegedly)

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

"Conspiracy theorists" are treated like nutjobs but when you look into the so-called whackjob theories that turn out to have a strong plausible case or are outright confirmed it defo makes you question those running ours and other governments.

Not that I think this is any sort of conspiracy. Just not a fan of the term conspiracy theorist.

"

"

Progress you say?

Thats why kids are still being sacraficed to moloch?

And if you think they arnt, maybe start with clintons emails.

By *ark Knight 2017Man  over a year ago

Ware

Wake up and smell the coffee

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

"Doesn't CCTV/facial recognition etc already enslave us in some sort of 1984-esq dystopia.

Masks mean CCTV is ineffective. Shit!!! "

How does cctv enslave you?

*insert evil laugh*

I think its seen as a way of getting you so used to doing it/anything and not questioning why then its easier to get you to do anything in the futute with anything... People don't question why but if they do they're labelled nut jobs. Fear is a great way to control. So maybe its all about future control. Get the public so used to doing what they're told they'll never question anything. Science is questioning isnt it then finding solutions "

I was born questioning things. I was a "but why?" child. I'm not the only one. I can adhere to guidance without being a sheep; like many others.

"It's just the start..

Don't be fooled. We are puppets "

Speak for yourself.

"Silly OP, believing something as rational as "covering your nose and mouth helps contain respiratory pathogens". It's obviously a conspiracy "

*insert evil laugh*

I think its seen as a way of getting you so used to doing it/anything and not questioning why then its easier to get you to do anything in the futute with anything... People don't question why but if they do they're labelled nut jobs. Fear is a great way to control. So maybe its all about future control. Get the public so used to doing what they're told they'll never question anything. Science is questioning isnt it then finding solutions

There is a massive conspiracy going on, but as it's largely targeted at you, I can't really go into more detail... "

Me? Me? Oh I'm loving the attention

"It's just the start..

Don't be fooled. We are puppets

Maybe it's also a way to try and encourage people back into the shops and high streets by making them feel safer?"

Which they are as potential transmission is reduced.

Manchester (she/her)

"Wake up and smell the coffee "

Mmmm... Coffee

"

Try finding new people to talk too

Masks are there to enslave us.. "

Absolutely Tommy boy.

(I CBA to state original thoughts).

"Should Halloween be cancelled. Sending your kids to loads of strangers doors any one of which could have Covid. Also where have them sweets been. "

But they'll have masks...

Besides it's a time of giving

And no, some scientists have been advocating masks since April.

exactly. Early on masks weren't considered necessary because they aren't over the winter with flu. Why not? Because, as we all know, when someone says they have the flu, 9 out of 10 times they don't, it's just a cold. If they really had the flu then they'd be in bed. So, people with the flu can't get out of bed and therefore they won't be in supermarkets spreading the virus!

We now know that up to 40% are asymptomatic and can spread the virus hence mask requirements.

"

The ones in bed = man flu. Women are hard

"Doesn't CCTV/facial recognition etc already enslave us in some sort of 1984-esq dystopia.

Masks mean CCTV is ineffective. Shit!!! "

So masks = liberation... Woohoo tell Tommy boy

Leicestershire

""Conspiracy theorists" are treated like nutjobs but when you look into the so-called whackjob theories that turn out to have a strong plausible case or are outright confirmed it defo makes you question those running ours and other governments.

Not that I think this is any sort of conspiracy. Just not a fan of the term conspiracy theorist."

Well I could call them demented twats if that works better for you?

""Conspiracy theorists" are treated like nutjobs but when you look into the so-called whackjob theories that turn out to have a strong plausible case or are outright confirmed it defo makes you question those running ours and other governments.

Not that I think this is any sort of conspiracy. Just not a fan of the term conspiracy theorist."

Nothing wrong in questioning things.

"Wake up and smell the coffee "

Who?

Had mine already

Central

You're not a fan of the term, yet it's a recognised phenomenon, tool of the state and others, who get to manipulate the sheeple, I think as you pointed out.

The danger currently is that some get so engrossed in the tiny complexities that are sublimely innocuous, that they invest in tactics that can cause major harm to others.

As I mentioned earlier, just like crying wolf when there is no metaphorical wolf, people the wise finally stop listening to the cries and rants. They don't 'wake up' to the nonsense, they'll put the silly alarm clock on to permanent snooze. It's a way to keep the disenfranchised even more sidelined and irrelevant. Perhaps for some that is what they want.

By *nowsleyladMan  over a year ago

NW

[Removed by poster at 29/08/20 10:09:30]

"Just do as your told and question no one and nothing. How many people here wore a mask in March, April, May, June or July? "

Don't you tell me what to do! I'll stay an independent thinker.

BTW, why do you think it wasn't recommended at an earlier stage? Just so you're aware, there is more than one answer.

By *nowsleyladMan  over a year ago

NW

Just do as youre told and question no one and nothing! How many people here in this thread wore a mask in March, April, May, June or July? Wearing them because theyve been told to! Never worn one never had a problem! Had to work through the ‘peak’ of the virus with no mask so think again if you think im wearing one a supermarket!

If you can control information, you can control the people.

By *aisyDoandDaisyDontWoman  over a year ago

little old town of Reading!

*insert evil laugh*

Seriously though, how on earth is temporary mask wearing controlling us? I have asked this question before within various threads, but no-one has responded... Halloween it is then "

We have been ordered, against our wishes, under threat of fine, to wear something that covers up our faces. How is that NOT controlling?

I know I know- not against your wishes-

No need to get on your high horse and start lecturing me. I’m talking about “the silent majority”. Or not so silent, in my case!

Chelmsford

Well I am totally confused now.. wear mask, don't wear mask, not needed then, needed now, customers wear them, staff don't need them..

Conspiracy theory, control the people.. kids in schools don't need them, kids in schools do need them..

All I know is that there is more to this than meets the eye..

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

"Well I am totally confused now.. wear mask, don't wear mask, not needed then, needed now, customers wear them, staff don't need them..

Conspiracy theory, control the people.. kids in schools don't need them, kids in schools do need them..

All I know is that there is more to this than meets the eye.."

If the mask meets your eye you have it too high on your face

"Well I am totally confused now.. wear mask, don't wear mask, not needed then, needed now, customers wear them, staff don't need them..

If only there was a magic pill to make it all go away.

There isn't so maybe it takes a few little adjustments to help control it.

No Brian, control the virus not the people.

Chelmsford

Think of the boost to an ailing economy just making it compulsory to wear a mask in a shop... Masterstroke to generate millions if not billions.. I wonder who has those contracts and companies..

I smell a rat and that rat is getting richer by the day...

"Think of the boost to an ailing economy just making it compulsory to wear a mask in a shop... Masterstroke to generate millions if not billions.. I wonder who has those contracts and companies..

I smell a rat and that rat is getting richer by the day..."

Apart from the fact most people are no longer browsing in the shops because of mask wearing. Less browsing = less impulse buying.

*insert evil laugh*

We have been ordered, against our wishes, under threat of fine, to wear something that covers up our faces. How is that NOT controlling?

No need to get on your high horse and start lecturing me. I’m talking about “the silent majority”. Or not so silent, in my case!

"

Who's lecturing? I certainly wasn't in my OP.

*insert evil laugh*

Who's lecturing? I certainly wasn't in my OP. "

I know - I was just letting you know that you didn’t need to start with it, because I said “against our wishes”...

"Think of the boost to an ailing economy just making it compulsory to wear a mask in a shop... Masterstroke to generate millions if not billions.. I wonder who has those contracts and companies..

I smell a rat and that rat is getting richer by the day..."

Jealous? There are going to be some winners and many losers due to how this pandemic has been managed. Hey ho, the price of capitalism.

Jealous? There are going to be some winners and many losers due to how this pandemic has been managed. Hey ho, the price of capitalism. "

So it’s okay for the government to hand out millions of our tax money, for PPE, to their cronies because “Capitalism”.

*insert evil laugh*

I know - I was just letting you know that you didn’t need to start with it, because I said “against our wishes”... "

Your opinion warrants a lecture in your mind then?

*insert evil laugh*

I know - I was just letting you know that you didn’t need to start with it, because I said “against our wishes”...

Your opinion warrants a lecture in your mind then? "

No- that’s why I told you not to bother....

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Apart from the fact most people are no longer browsing in the shops because of mask wearing. Less browsing = less impulse buying.

"

I'm no longer browsing in shops because of the mask.

some utterly deplorable anti-mask nonsense here.

I've reported a few.

Jealous? There are going to be some winners and many losers due to how this pandemic has been managed. Hey ho, the price of capitalism.

So it’s okay for the government to hand out millions of our tax money, for PPE, to their cronies because “Capitalism”. "

You inferred that, not me. In certainly isn't okay. The self serving creatures at Number 10 line the pockets of their future paymasters (you know, when out of politics they get honary (consultancy) seats on the board of affluent companies.

I'm no longer browsing in shops because of the mask."

Same- only shops I’ve visited since March have been the chemist and the supermarket.

*insert evil laugh*

No- that’s why I told you not to bother.... "

Are you sure? You protest too much . That particular sentence never even registered with me until you highlighted it. And still I couldn't care less.

"some utterly deplorable anti-mask nonsense here.

I've reported a few."

It's rife in the threads. Keep up Paddy.

So it’s okay for the government to hand out millions of our tax money, for PPE, to their cronies because “Capitalism”.

You inferred that, not me. In certainly isn't okay. The self serving creatures at Number 10 line the pockets of their future paymasters (you know, when out of politics they get honary (consultancy) seats on the board of affluent companies. "

Your “hey ho” comment inferred it to me. But I’m glad we actually agree on something, anyway!!

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

I'm no longer browsing in shops because of the mask.

Same- only shops I’ve visited since March have been the chemist and the supermarket. "

Yes same here, I did try having a browse, but the mask makes me feel light headed, don't know why that is...

*insert evil laugh*

No- that’s why I told you not to bother....

Are you sure? You protest too much . That particular sentence never even registered with me until you highlighted it. And still I couldn't care less. "

Fair enough

You inferred that, not me. In certainly isn't okay. The self serving creatures at Number 10 line the pockets of their future paymasters (you know, when out of politics they get honary (consultancy) seats on the board of affluent companies.

Your “hey ho” comment inferred it to me. But I’m glad we actually agree on something, anyway!! "

Simply sarcasm.

Your “hey ho” comment inferred it to me. But I’m glad we actually agree on something, anyway!!

Simply sarcasm. "

I think you may be reading my posts in a tone that they aren’t intended in. I was saying we agree with each other- it’s nice. That is all.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Jealous? There are going to be some winners and many losers due to how this pandemic has been managed. Hey ho, the price of capitalism. "

This..

War, pestilence, famine etc are all opportunities for profit..

Teas ever this..

Chelmsford

This..

War, pestilence, famine etc are all opportunities for profit..

Teas ever this.."

And charities getting Rich

Manchester (she/her)

Coughs and sneezes spread diseases.

If only there were a way to slow that down.

I know! Communist money making scheme!

Chelmsford

I meant the fat cats running some of those charities...

That's why I rarely give anything to charity

Chelmsford

We have anti maskers, anti vaxers, anti Trump, anti Brexit, anti Tory, anti BBC, anti bloody everything..

So much hatrid out there..

Chillax and enjoy the ride Peoples.. it's just a little bumpy at the moment..

"We have anti maskers, anti vaxers, anti Trump, anti Brexit, anti Tory, anti BBC, anti bloody everything..

Chillax and enjoy the ride Peoples.. it's just a little bumpy at the moment.."

It’s not so much the ride as it is the destination x

Big question about the masks...if we have to use them in public especially retail stores...from the start of lockdown to when masks became mandatory in retail stores why wasn't the big supermarkets reporting a spike in staff becoming infected when no one wore a mask ? Surely they would of done if staff where becoming infected..remember this was at the time of the highest number of infections in the UK..Also no one has provided reliable evidence that the type of masks worn by most work..plus add to that how many do you see not wearing them correctly eg the mask below the nose, or touching the face piece of the mask which is damp from moisture in your breath...not to mention the masks that are just thrown off as people make there way to their cars or from the bus stops to home...masks are a waste of time and money and possibly add to the infection rates when you see how people have responded to them.

Simply sarcasm.

I think you may be reading my posts in a tone that they aren’t intended in. I was saying we agree with each other- it’s nice. That is all. "

Sorry, I meant the hey ho was sarcasm. Perhaps more pointedly, a recognition of resigning to the fact governing isn't going to change anytime soon, after all I would guess it has been this way since the monarch became only a figurehead for Parliament.

I'm happy to agree with anyone who disrespects the self serving creatures in office

"Coughs and sneezes spread diseases.

If only there were a way to slow that down.

I know! Communist money making scheme!

"

Buuuuuut, a communist state is merely capitalism confined to the state leaders. The theory of communism is a positive one until you bring in the human-beings.

"Big question about the masks...if we have to use them in public especially retail stores...from the start of lockdown to when masks became mandatory in retail stores why wasn't the big supermarkets reporting a spike in staff becoming infected when no one wore a mask ? Surely they would of done if staff where becoming infected..remember this was at the time of the highest number of infections in the UK..Also no one has provided reliable evidence that the type of masks worn by most work..plus add to that how many do you see not wearing them correctly eg the mask below the nose, or touching the face piece of the mask which is damp from moisture in your breath...not to mention the masks that are just thrown off as people make there way to their cars or from the bus stops to home...masks are a waste of time and money and possibly add to the infection rates when you see how people have responded to them."

I haven't checked it out, but Hancock did state there were a disproportionate number of retail staff affected.

Evidence is limited, not unavailable. The WHO advise govts to recommend mask usage.

Re not wearing properly - ask those who commit such atrocities .

Next question.

"Big question about the masks...if we have to use them in public especially retail stores...from the start of lockdown to when masks became mandatory in retail stores why wasn't the big supermarkets reporting a spike in staff becoming infected when no one wore a mask ? Surely they would of done if staff where becoming infected..remember this was at the time of the highest number of infections in the UK..Also no one has provided reliable evidence that the type of masks worn by most work..plus add to that how many do you see not wearing them correctly eg the mask below the nose, or touching the face piece of the mask which is damp from moisture in your breath...not to mention the masks that are just thrown off as people make there way to their cars or from the bus stops to home...masks are a waste of time and money and possibly add to the infection rates when you see how people have responded to them.

I haven't checked it out, but Hancock did state there were a disproportionate number of retail staff affected.

Evidence is limited, not unavailable. The WHO advise govts to recommend mask usage.

Next question. "

Not that you'll take notice. People ask these BIG questions, but fail to take note

Chelmsford

It's the old tactic. Keep asking a different expert until you get the answer you want

in Lancashire

"Big question about the masks...if we have to use them in public especially retail stores...from the start of lockdown to when masks became mandatory in retail stores why wasn't the big supermarkets reporting a spike in staff becoming infected when no one wore a mask ? Surely they would of done if staff where becoming infected..remember this was at the time of the highest number of infections in the UK..Also no one has provided reliable evidence that the type of masks worn by most work..plus add to that how many do you see not wearing them correctly eg the mask below the nose, or touching the face piece of the mask which is damp from moisture in your breath...not to mention the masks that are just thrown off as people make there way to their cars or from the bus stops to home...masks are a waste of time and money and possibly add to the infection rates when you see how people have responded to them.

Next question. "

Similar to bus and taxi drivers I thought..

Central

No need for anyone to be confused, unless you choose to be. This epidemic has kicked off incredible levels of research, which does and has influenced policy and guidance changes. We've leadership that's not the best globally who are eager to pass the buck, so not particularly reliable to generally get ut right. If they have confused you, you could always post it in the Politics section.

The conclusion us that there's some evidence that face covering can limit virus transmission, especially if the wearer is infected, helping to protect others. You understand and accept that, right?

Of all the things about our behaviour, washing frequently, keeping distance and restrictions on interaction with others who we don't live with, general public mask wearing isn't probably going to make the largest cut in infection levels but it can contribute a cut. If it saves just your life Tom, I'd campusm for them to be worn tirelessly.

A separate point about people being controlled is probably advisable, if that's the real problem that you see and dislike.

I think concerning everyone onto the focus of masks risks covering up your bigger concern. It's right to be vigilant over mass population control and inappropriate things done against the people. We all should be ever vigilant about that. Crying wolf over masks etc will probably miss the boat.

No need for anyone to be confused, unless you choose to be. This epidemic has kicked off incredible levels of research, which does and has influenced policy and guidance changes. We've leadership that's not the best globally who are eager to pass the buck, so not particularly reliable to generally get ut right. If they have confused you, you could always post it in the Politics section.

The conclusion us that there's some evidence that face covering can limit virus transmission, especially if the wearer is infected, helping to protect others. You understand and accept that, right?

Of all the things about our behaviour, washing frequently, keeping distance and restrictions on interaction with others who we don't live with, general public mask wearing isn't probably going to make the largest cut in infection levels but it can contribute a cut. If it saves just your life Tom, I'd campusm for them to be worn tirelessly.

A separate point about people being controlled is probably advisable, if that's the real problem that you see and dislike.

I think concerning everyone onto the focus of masks risks covering up your bigger concern. It's right to be vigilant over mass population control and inappropriate things done against the people. We all should be ever vigilant about that. Crying wolf over masks etc will probably miss the boat. "

This is a very good post, Sophie, and I appreciate the balance.

As I said to Tom earlier- it’s not the bumpy ride I’m concerned about, it’s the destination. How to stop going on the journey without kicking up a fuss about the basics though? Genuine question, because I would really like to know the answer!

I’ve said in other threads- if there was an exit strategy, I could get behind it. All I see now, with mounting horror, is ever stricter policies being implemented in neighbouring European countries.

Since Boris doesn’t seem to have have an original idea in that scruffy little head of his- I can only see us going in the same direction. I find it all very concerning.

I think concerning everyone onto the focus of masks risks covering up your bigger concern. It's right to be vigilant over mass population control and inappropriate things done against the people. We all should be ever vigilant about that. Crying wolf over masks etc will probably miss the boat.

As I said to Tom earlier- it’s not the bumpy ride I’m concerned about, it’s the destination. How to stop going on the journey without kicking up a fuss about the basics though? Genuine question, because I would really like to know the answer!

I’ve said in other threads- if there was an exit strategy, I could get behind it. All I see now, with mounting horror, is ever stricter policies being implemented in neighbouring European countries.

Since Boris doesn’t seem to have have an original idea in that scruffy little head of his- I can only see us going in the same direction. I find it all very concerning. "

What exit strategy would you suggest? Theoretically.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

*insert evil laugh*

For security reasons I cannot see any goverment wanting this rule unless they feel it is needed

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"We have anti maskers, anti vaxers, anti Trump, anti Brexit, anti Tory, anti BBC, anti bloody everything..

Chillax and enjoy the ride Peoples.. it's just a little bumpy at the moment.."

Since Boris doesn’t seem to have have an original idea in that scruffy little head of his- I can only see us going in the same direction. I find it all very concerning.

What exit strategy would you suggest? Theoretically."

Haha good question! What I would like to see is- if infection, hospitalisation and death rates fall below x we will do z. At the start of this whole nightmare we were told that we were flattening the curve. That was an exit strategy of sorts. We flattened the curve. Then we were told- stay home, save lives. We did that too...... and yet here we are ...

I would also like the government to make it clear that there is no “new normal”. There’s nothing normal about this situation and it shouldn’t be accepted as such.

And while we are at it, policy should be subject to rigorous debate before implementation, instead of rushed through on the hoof and expecting people to respect the decisions of this bunch of absolute arseholes who have run our economy into the ground, deprived children of their education and essential socialisation and screwed over many thousands of people by denying them access to the nhs.

Okay! I think I shall step off of my soap box now and let someone else have a turn! Thanks for letting me preach!

Haha good question! What I would like to see is- if infection, hospitalisation and death rates fall below x we will do z. At the start of this whole nightmare we were told that we were flattening the curve. That was an exit strategy of sorts. We flattened the curve. Then we were told- stay home, save lives. We did that too...... and yet here we are ...

I would also like the government to make it clear that there is no “new normal”. There’s nothing normal about this situation and it shouldn’t be accepted as such.

And while we are at it, policy should be subject to rigorous debate before implementation, instead of rushed through on the hoof and expecting people to respect the decisions of this bunch of absolute arseholes who have run our economy into the ground, deprived children of their education and essential socialisation and screwed over many thousands of people by denying them access to the nhs.

Okay! I think I shall step off of my soap box now and let someone else have a turn! Thanks for letting me preach! "

Sorry if my question seemed abrupt, I didn't mean it to be. Just interested.

Okay! I think I shall step off of my soap box now and let someone else have a turn! Thanks for letting me preach!

Sorry if my question seemed abrupt, I didn't mean it to be. Just interested. "

No probs- I took it in the spirit is was intended x

lets put it all in perspective:

you as a driver feel safe in your car driving.

You crash, fly out the window and anyone else in the car does so(or hits their head against something)

are you outraged?

you've been asked/told to wear a mask for the little amounts of time needed in social situations.

if outraged, then you are a fucking idiot.

"lets put it all in perspective:

you as a driver feel safe in your car driving.

You crash, fly out the window and anyone else in the car does so(or hits their head against something)

are you outraged?

you've been asked/told to wear a mask for the little amounts of time needed in social situations.

if outraged, then you are a fucking idiot."

* meant to add a seat belt is mandatory

By *eductiveEyesKillerThighsWoman  over a year ago

Here, There and Everywhere

Its quite simple really...

Wear a mask, or don't wear a mask.

Ultimately its upto you. There is nobody physically putting it on you.

Either way, just like any other area of life... deal with any consequences.

Make your own damn decisions.

The anti-mask brigade are just as odd as the flat-earthers

"Its quite simple really...

"

Consequences of wearing a mass- reduces my immune system, less oxygen, breathing in the carbon dioxide my body has just exhaled. Looking like a good complient zombie.

Consequences of not wearing a mask- breathing in nice healthy fresh air, funny looks from the complient zombies.

"The anti-mask brigade are just as odd as the flat-earthers "

The pro-mask brigade are just as afraid as the thousands of jews that got marched off to their deaths by a handful of german soldiers.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

*insert evil laugh*

Yep, tip of the iceberg.

Bracknell

Consequences of wearing a mass- reduces my immune system, less oxygen, breathing in the carbon dioxide my body has just exhaled. Looking like a good complient zombie.

Consequences of not wearing a mask- breathing in nice healthy fresh air, funny looks from the complient zombies.

"

F**k me, these masks are clever. Apparently they can't stop the virus getting through but they can stop oxygen getting in through the mask and stop carbon dioxide getting out of the mask. Bloody amazing as oxygen and carbon dioxide molecules are 100 times smaller than a single virus molecule.

F**k me, these masks are clever. Apparently they can't stop the virus getting through but they can stop oxygen getting in through the mask and stop carbon dioxide getting out of the mask. Bloody amazing as oxygen and carbon dioxide molecules are 100 times smaller than a single virus molecule. "

Shhhh don't apply logic, you'll make their heads explode!

By *ohn8210tCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

[Removed by poster at 30/08/20 09:36:04]

By *ohn8210tCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

As someone said to us ‘ two layers of denim doesn’t stop flatulance , so that flimsy mask is no good’ !!

His words not ours! Then we thought about it ... does he have denim pants too ????

By *nyorkshireMan  over a year ago

leeds

It does seem to contradict last years conspiracy for face recognition cameras controlling us. As masks will somewhat negate that. But conspiracy and rationality don't have much in common.

Chelmsford

Are they masks or muzzles?

Bracknell

"Are they masks or muzzles?"

Are seat belts, belts or chains? Where's the wanker emoji?

in Lancashire

F**k me, these masks are clever. Apparently they can't stop the virus getting through but they can stop oxygen getting in through the mask and stop carbon dioxide getting out of the mask. Bloody amazing as oxygen and carbon dioxide molecules are 100 times smaller than a single virus molecule.

Shhhh don't apply logic, you'll make their heads explode! "

"The anti-mask brigade are just as odd as the flat-earthers

The pro-mask brigade are just as afraid as the thousands of jews that got marched off to their deaths by a handful of german soldiers."

And here I give thanks for my wonky brain...

BTW, what makes you think those of us who are mask compliant are afraid?

Chelmsford

I think there are different levels of fear. Some are afraid of the virus, some are afraid of looking like a Wally, some are in fear of the State...

I just say, live and let live.

It does not offend me shopping next to others without masks..

in Lancashire

The pro-mask brigade are just as afraid as the thousands of jews that got marched off to their deaths by a handful of german soldiers."

It's a very bizarre comparison to try and make, the latest figure I heard was only just in double figures for fines for none compliance with having to isolate in the last 4 months?

It's hardly the same as vile fascists herding unarmed people into cattle cars..

Interestingly though not surprising that the so called union of fascists were represented at the so called freedom rally yesterday..

North West

For the love of God, please stop comparing the wearing of masks and Covid-19 to the Holocaust. It's disrespectful. The Holocaust was the systematic destruction of specific groups of people (not just Jews), by frankly evil people. Nothing like that is happening in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic. The Holocaust has got absolutely nothing to do with this and I find it frankly distressing that the deaths of my ancestors is bandied around so casually.

"It does seem to contradict last years conspiracy for face recognition cameras controlling us. As masks will somewhat negate that. But conspiracy and rationality don't have much in common."

"The anti-mask brigade are just as odd as the flat-earthers "

Same group.

in Lancashire

The pro-mask brigade are just as afraid as the thousands of jews that got marched off to their deaths by a handful of german soldiers.

For the love of God, please stop comparing the wearing of masks and Covid-19 to the Holocaust. It's disrespectful. The Holocaust was the systematic destruction of specific groups of people (not just Jews), by frankly evil people. Nothing like that is happening in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic. The Holocaust has got absolutely nothing to do with this and I find it frankly distressing that the deaths of my ancestors is bandied around so casually. "

It's the age old trick of using emotive language to divide or rally some to a cause, the q lot have already used the paedophilia tag ..

It sort of smacks of desperation apart from insensitivity and truth ..

Next it will be the mask police are skinning puppies..

F**k me, these masks are clever. Apparently they can't stop the virus getting through but they can stop oxygen getting in through the mask and stop carbon dioxide getting out of the mask. Bloody amazing as oxygen and carbon dioxide molecules are 100 times smaller than a single virus molecule. "

Fck me this virus is clever it can distinguish between supermarkets and shops to go infect but restauraunts, pubs and cafes and gyms it will steer clear from.

It will seek out and infect anti mask protests, anti lock down protests but will avoid any BLM protests.

When masks was introduced it wasnt the goverment saying from TODAY instead they said next friday... so now the virus has a calender?

The virus is smart enough to infect anyone between 2 meters apart but 2 meters and 1 centimetre nope sorry.

A virus that is so deadly that you need to be tested to see if you even have it.

What everrrrr.

in Lancashire

Fck me this virus is clever it can distinguish between supermarkets and shops to go infect but restauraunts, pubs and cafes and gyms it will steer clear from.

It will seek out and infect anti mask protests, anti lock down protests but will avoid any BLM protests.

When masks was introduced it wasnt the goverment saying from TODAY instead they said next friday... so now the virus has a calender?

The virus is smart enough to infect anyone between 2 meters apart but 2 meters and 1 centimetre nope sorry.

A virus that is so deadly that you need to be tested to see if you even have it.

What everrrrr. "

Are you saying the virus has not proved fatal ?

Chelmsford

Well to be fair you need to have a few weeks before deciding it and implementing it in order to give the people time to make or buy their masks and for the fat cats in the know to start investing or setting up companies to make them

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

What everrrrr. "

Aren't you the guy who at the start of this was saying that gyms should stay open and that there won't be many cases?

-Matt

For the love of God, please stop comparing the wearing of masks and Covid-19 to the Holocaust. It's disrespectful. The Holocaust was the systematic destruction of specific groups of people (not just Jews), by frankly evil people. Nothing like that is happening in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic. The Holocaust has got absolutely nothing to do with this and I find it frankly distressing that the deaths of my ancestors is bandied around so casually. "

Im not comparing the wearing of masks to the holocaust im comparing it to the people that just followed and did as was told.

Masks are not helping you they are not protecting you they are actually causing more disease spread than anything.

People are using the same masks over and over, they leave them in cars and pockets and reuse when prompted.

People are making home made cloth masks from socks.

They build up moisture, get germs from constant touching.

As for the dislosable ones, they are littered all over the streets and parks.

If masks worked every single flu/winter season for decades masks would have been made mandatory every year to protect the thousands that do catch and die of flu.

Reason masks have never been compulsory is because science has proven it not to prevent coronaviris and thats what covid is, science hasnt changed all of a sudden now, so many doctors, scientists have come out and said masks dont help you or others but get silenced.

Wear your masks i don't care, but respect others choices if they choose not to wear one because its all just a programming tool reas for the "you have to have a vaccine certificate before you can enter here or do this"

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

*insert evil laugh*

Short answer it isn’t, long answer it isn’t, longer answer it isn’t, super long answer it isn’t.

What everrrrr.

Aren't you the guy who at the start of this was saying that gyms should stay open and that there won't be many cases?

-Matt"

Nope im the guy that said whilst gyms was still open i will gladly and happily go and use it.

North West

For the love of God, please stop comparing the wearing of masks and Covid-19 to the Holocaust. It's disrespectful. The Holocaust was the systematic destruction of specific groups of people (not just Jews), by frankly evil people. Nothing like that is happening in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic. The Holocaust has got absolutely nothing to do with this and I find it frankly distressing that the deaths of my ancestors is bandied around so casually.

Im not comparing the wearing of masks to the holocaust im comparing it to the people that just followed and did as was told.

Masks are not helping you they are not protecting you they are actually causing more disease spread than anything.

People are using the same masks over and over, they leave them in cars and pockets and reuse when prompted.

If masks worked every single flu/winter season for decades masks would have been made mandatory every year to protect the thousands that do catch and die of flu.

Reason masks have never been compulsory is because science has proven it not to prevent coronaviris and thats what covid is, science hasnt changed all of a sudden now, so many doctors, scientists have come out and said masks dont help you or others but get silenced.

Wear your masks i don't care, but respect others choices if they choose not to wear one because its all just a programming tool reas for the "you have to have a vaccine certificate before you can enter here or do this"

"

All of the above notwithstanding, it's still got fuck all comparison with the Holocaust. So perhaps find a more appropriate analogy that doesn't involve invoking the systematic and deliberate mass murder of over 6 million people

in Lancashire

"

What diseases are being spread by some people putting their own worn mask in their own pocket or car..

?

What everrrrr.

Are you saying the virus has not proved fatal ?"

Who even know for sure if it has?

The stats for all other deaths that usually happen dropped like 90% as the death certificates was being put down as death by covid on almost everything.

Ive seen over a thousand posts on social media where fanily members have contested it sndand furious because the death of their loved one was not covid related but put on death certificate.

Then there was that blanket DNR on all elderly and vulnerable so yeah thst sure added to the death toll for sure.

Ive no idea what the numbers are of people that actually died but they have been manipulated and messed around with i doubt anyone knows for sure.

Chelmsford

Pointless me making masks out of my socks. They are full of holes. I understood the comparison of a handful of soldiers. We have a handful of experts who can't agree yet lead the masses who never question on the whole and trundle along with it.

Three months ago we were told masks were uneccesary yet lo and behold the science has changed. Bullshit. They weren't necessary three months ago because there was a shortage...

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

*insert evil laugh*

I don't often swear... But ffs if it was that effective in getting us to do stuff we don't want to.... Why don't they get us fat lazy bastards off our couches, get us to eat less and get us to move more? Or stop smoking or stop abusing kids or stop being racist?

I'll hazard a guess as to why. It's because it's nonsense. I'm not saying plots don't exist.. I mean cosmetics companies and tech companies, motor manufacturers, ubiquitous theft of personal information. But wearing a piece of cloth... Ffs.

"Pointless me making masks out of my socks. They are full of holes. I understood the comparison of a handful of soldiers. We have a handful of experts who can't agree yet lead the masses who never question on the whole and trundle along with it.

Three months ago we were told masks were uneccesary yet lo and behold the science has changed. Bullshit. They weren't necessary three months ago because there was a shortage... "

Thanks tom at least someone gets it.

What everrrrr. "

Compared to many who post here the virus is ultra intelligent

in Lancashire

What everrrrr.

The stats for all other deaths that usually happen dropped like 90% as the death certificates was being put down as death by covid on almost everything.

Ive seen over a thousand posts on social media where fanily members have contested it sndand furious because the death of their loved one was not covid related but put on death certificate.

Then there was that blanket DNR on all elderly and vulnerable so yeah thst sure added to the death toll for sure.

Ive no idea what the numbers are of people that actually died but they have been manipulated and messed around with i doubt anyone knows for sure."

Both my sister and father in law had it, both told it was curtains initially with no resus or invasive ventilation due to COPD and other respiratory issues..

Both happened thankfully to have been on steroids for weeks prior to catching it and it's only that which got them through although there are further life affecting issues post that..

It's not nice to know nor was it for those professionals to have to come to that decision, in effect it's triaging those who have the best chance of survival and I understand that having used it to a lesser degree in my previous career..

I think it was and may be used again but it's down to the numbers of cases and thats why we all need to do our bit to keep them down..

I see the change in figures etc as either politically expedient or human error rather than some overarching plan to control..

*insert evil laugh*

Short answer it isn’t, long answer it isn’t, longer answer it isn’t, super long answer it isn’t."

I know you know I know that

What everrrrr.

Ive no idea what the numbers are of people that actually died but they have been manipulated and messed around with i doubt anyone knows for sure.

Both my sister and father in law had it, both told it was curtains initially with no resus or invasive ventilation due to COPD and other respiratory issues..

Both happened thankfully to have been on steroids for weeks prior to catching it and it's only that which got them through although there are further life affecting issues post that..

It's not nice to know nor was it for those professionals to have to come to that decision, in effect it's triaging those who have the best chance of survival and I understand that having used it to a lesser degree in my previous career..

I think it was and may be used again but it's down to the numbers of cases and thats why we all need to do our bit to keep them down..

I see the change in figures etc as either politically expedient or human error rather than some overarching plan to control.."

Regardless of our differences on this subject.

I'm glad your sister and father in law are ok.

in Lancashire

What everrrrr.

I see the change in figures etc as either politically expedient or human error rather than some overarching plan to control..

Regardless of our differences on this subject.

I'm glad your sister and father in law are ok.

"

Thanks..respect that..

Bracknell

What everrrrr. "

I never said about where you should wear them. I was replying to your incorrect statement about gases. You have basically changed details in your reply but that doesn't surprise me.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

And it can tell the difference between a pub and a shop ... where to infect you !??? Also it has a calendar so in the beginning no masks were needed now in August we need one !! Bloody clever virus ... plus it can measure distance anything less then 2m your buggered ,!!!

What a load of crap !!!!

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Oh and by the way I’m not saying it’s not there obviously there is but it’s a virus !!! There are trillions of virus and if we didn’t have virus we would be dead !!

THIS!

as well as many other rightwing cuntness's(can i actually plural that?)

as i said earlier:

covidtards,5gtards,flattards,antivaxxtards,evolutiontards,chemtrailtards,antivaxtards,

they all seem to have something in common, as well as being easily debunked or them having(as trump would say "Zer0000000oo")evidence.

the amount of Qanon idiots rise and what now is a disgusting inhuman approach to thinking I'm a 'snowflake' when these cunts are lying to another's face, in the product of 'free speech'.

I get ddaily stuff on my facebook feed of 'facts' in two clicks I find the real answer, no thanks for being corrected or knowing the mistake, but "if one thing is true, alot of the other stuff might be true"

reminder david Icke said he was the son of god...not many conspiritards mention this now...but he was right about x/y...

idiots.

Chelmsford

THIS!

as i said earlier:

covidtards,5gtards,flattards,antivaxxtards,evolutiontards,chemtrailtards,antivaxtards,

they all seem to have something in common, as well as being easily debunked or them having(as trump would say "Zer0000000oo")evidence.

the amount of Qanon idiots rise and what now is a disgusting inhuman approach to thinking I'm a 'snowflake' when these cunts are lying to another's face, in the product of 'free speech'.

I get ddaily stuff on my facebook feed of 'facts' in two clicks I find the real answer, no thanks for being corrected or knowing the mistake, but "if one thing is true, alot of the other stuff might be true"

reminder david Icke said he was the son of god...not many conspiritards mention this now...but he was right about x/y...

idiots."

Well I am glad you got that off your chest..

Calm down dear !

"And it can tell the difference between a pub and a shop ... where to infect you !??? Also it has a calendar so in the beginning no masks were needed now in August we need one !! Bloody clever virus ... plus it can measure distance anything less then 2m your buggered ,!!!

What a load of crap !!!!"

Funny enough, advice has changed as our understanding has changed. I also expect it to change in the future. That's what happens. With regards to 2m you clearly have zero understanding as to how and why a distance can make a difference. 2m was chosen due to potential for infection from viral load after 15mins. It's not a set in stone number like you are trying to pretend it is, it's a sliding scale of risk over time, it's also not linear.

North West

"And it can tell the difference between a pub and a shop ... where to infect you !??? Also it has a calendar so in the beginning no masks were needed now in August we need one !! Bloody clever virus ... plus it can measure distance anything less then 2m your buggered ,!!!

What a load of crap !!!!"

Correct, it is. You wrote it though *shrug*

Chelmsford

What a load of crap !!!!

Funny enough, advice has changed as our understanding has changed. I also expect it to change in the future. That's what happens. With regards to 2m you clearly have zero understanding as to how and why a distance can make a difference. 2m was chosen due to potential for infection from viral load after 15mins. It's not a set in stone number like you are trying to pretend it is, it's a sliding scale of risk over time, it's also not linear. "

Most other vouy in Europe went for 1 metre...

Follow the science my arse..

Of course the laws of chemistry and physics change as you cross borders

What a load of crap !!!!

Funny enough, advice has changed as our understanding has changed. I also expect it to change in the future. That's what happens. With regards to 2m you clearly have zero understanding as to how and why a distance can make a difference. 2m was chosen due to potential for infection from viral load after 15mins. It's not a set in stone number like you are trying to pretend it is, it's a sliding scale of risk over time, it's also not linear.

Most other vouy in Europe went for 1 metre...

Follow the science my arse..

Of course the laws of chemistry and physics change as you cross borders"

So they found a different level of risk acceptable, so what? Also, I think you might want to read up on biology for a virus rather than chemistry and physics, unless you want to model the ballistic co efficient of expelled droplets, you know, those things masks help stop.

THIS!

as i said earlier:

idiots.

Well I am glad you got that off your chest..

Calm down dear !"

I tell it like it is:

every trump supporter has wilful retardation

Name me one TRUMP idiocy that has not ben fact checked

NOTE fact checked.

to my black cousins? i live in scotland we ill TEAR down your democracy.America YOU need help.

What everrrrr. "

Chelmsford

Now that is a good point

"

every trump supporter has wilful retardation

"

Met them all have you? I think anyone coming up with such stupidity is more likley to have it.

I can't believe the b/s generalisation on the forums at times.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"

What everrrrr. "

Or be one of te 40 Thousand that DIED from it.

Chelmsford

And masks would have made a difference ?

Central

"And masks would have made a difference ?"

If they would have saved 1 life, they would have been 100% worth it. As every single infection can be yet 1 more step in irs path to infect more people, breaking any of the chains is good news.

Nasks are not the main tool that we have to reduce and eradicate this virus. They are a tiny bit of effort for very low investment, that could stop someone who is infected from infecting another.

Keep the focus on the big picture, and do as much as possible to get there.

Central

We need a sub area for conspuracy BS. The focus needs to be on improving health chances, not the stupidity that some deflect with, in the avalanche of nonsense

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"And masks would have made a difference ?"

Common sense would make the biggest difference.

Unfortunately .......

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Which wackjob theories have been outright confirmed? .

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Not that I think this is any sort of conspiracy. Just not a fan of the term conspiracy theorist.

Which wackjob theories have been outright confirmed? . "

Depends on how you define nut job.

The gmnt have that 30 year thing where if something controversial has happened. By the time it comes out,most of the people involved are dead.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Which wackjob theories have been outright confirmed? .

Depends on how you define nut job.

The gmnt have that 30 year thing where if something controversial has happened. By the time it comes out,most of the people involved are dead."

The official secrets act? So in 30 years we will find out it this was all some great global conspiracy. Give over

Just watching that bloke on TV that is fighting a war against plastic. Those horrible blue pleated mask things that look like paper are not paper. It is ruddy plastic and is polluting our seas in ever growing numbers as filthy fuckers chuck their discarded masks into the environment.

It makes me so sad

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"Just watching that bloke on TV that is fighting a war against plastic. Those horrible blue pleated mask things that look like paper are not paper. It is ruddy plastic and is polluting our seas in ever growing numbers as filthy fuckers chuck their discarded masks into the environment.

It makes me so sad "

Don't be sad if covid can do it's job then the population will half housing problem will be sorted and there will be much less pollution and the roads will be free of congestion so let's stop worrying and thik of it a nature fighting back

Here is my thoughts with the masks, you dont have to agree with having them on, but have it on to respect the rules, no mask no entry

I personally think the main reason they have told us to put masks on is to give people more confidence about going out and to look like there doing something more than it stopping the virus, I'm not saying a mask won't do anything to contain the virus but most the masks people have been told to wear won't have a massive effect, I don't think it's some conspiricy to control us

Chelmsford

Interesting though. If you read the thread from top to bottom most seem controlled on my opinion. In WW1 we had Lions led by Donkeys. Now we have Lemmings led by Snakes.

Make sure you wear that mask before jumping off that cliff.

Chelmsford

A whole flight from Zante to Cardiff are told so self isolate because some passengers have tested positive for Covid. Strange the authorities have no faith in the masks that all the other passengers were wearing

"A whole flight from Zante to Cardiff are told so self isolate because some passengers have tested positive for Covid. Strange the authorities have no faith in the masks that all the other passengers were wearing"

Tin town

"A whole flight from Zante to Cardiff are told so self isolate because some passengers have tested positive for Covid. Strange the authorities have no faith in the masks that all the other passengers were wearing"

To what authorities are you referring? And how would you know what if any faith they have in the effectiveness of any masks?

The issue is surely that a confined space with 193 people on it has been found to be the source of an outbreak which so far 16 people have tested positive. Phw would be negligent until they discover the size of the problem. Were the flight to have landed in Greece, they would have done exactly the same but in a quarantine hotel with police enforcement on each floor. Its not wrong to try to prevent the spread of a virus which in some cases can be dangerous.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

It's not strange at all. Masks are thought to reduce the chances of infection, not eliminate it entirely. Thus self isolation is still needed.

Frustrating seeing people complain about masks when they don't even understand why they're being worn.

"A whole flight from Zante to Cardiff are told so self isolate because some passengers have tested positive for Covid. Strange the authorities have no faith in the masks that all the other passengers were wearing "

You must have worn that thumb out by now

Tin town

"A whole flight from Zante to Cardiff are told so self isolate because some passengers have tested positive for Covid. Strange the authorities have no faith in the masks that all the other passengers were wearing

To what authorities are you referring? And how would you know what if any faith they have in the effectiveness of any masks?

The issue is surely that a confined space with 193 people on it has been found to be the source of an outbreak which so far 16 people have tested positive. Phw would be negligent until they discover the size of the problem. Were the flight to have landed in Greece, they would have done exactly the same but in a quarantine hotel with police enforcement on each floor. Its not wrong to try to prevent the spread of a virus which in some cases can be dangerous. "

Rather than poke fun at the airline or Phw for trying to now contain the problem created by passengers. Perhaps apply some thought to who is at fault for the outbreak for travelling while infected, for not maintaining social distance and for not taking precautions to prevent spreading it to other innocent people who just wanted to return from their holiday.

"A whole flight from Zante to Cardiff are told so self isolate because some passengers have tested positive for Covid. Strange the authorities have no faith in the masks that all the other passengers were wearing

It's not strange at all. Masks are thought to reduce the chances of infection, not eliminate it entirely. Thus self isolation is still needed.

Frustrating seeing people complain about masks when they don't even understand why they're being worn. "

Tell me about it .

Chelmsford

The issue is surely that a confined space with 193 people on it has been found to be the source of an outbreak which so far 16 people have tested positive. Phw would be negligent until they discover the size of the problem. Were the flight to have landed in Greece, they would have done exactly the same but in a quarantine hotel with police enforcement on each floor. Its not wrong to try to prevent the spread of a virus which in some cases can be dangerous. "

Perhaps the negligence was to cram 193 people into a plane. Making them wear masks to persuade them that they are protected...

Essential travel only my arse..

Chelmsford

[Removed by poster at 31/08/20 11:52:14]

Chelmsford

Frustrating seeing people complain about masks when they don't even understand why they're being worn.

Tell me about it . "

Well you could try nailing a horse shoe to your garden gate for good luck against the virus .

It just might work...

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"Interesting though. If you read the thread from top to bottom most seem controlled on my opinion. In WW1 we had Lions led by Donkeys. Now we have Lemmings led by Snakes.

Make sure you wear that mask before jumping off that cliff."

why do you think it might slow you down or so that if you are still breathing it might protect the emergency workers from what evey you have

The issue is surely that a confined space with 193 people on it has been found to be the source of an outbreak which so far 16 people have tested positive. Phw would be negligent until they discover the size of the problem. Were the flight to have landed in Greece, they would have done exactly the same but in a quarantine hotel with police enforcement on each floor. Its not wrong to try to prevent the spread of a virus which in some cases can be dangerous.

Perhaps the negligence was to cram 193 people into a plane. Making them wear masks to persuade them that they are protected...

Essential travel only my arse.."

Who said anything about essential travel? That restriction was lifted.

But many weren't wearing masks. They were ignoring the airline rules. Covidiots.

Frustrating seeing people complain about masks when they don't even understand why they're being worn. "

You must have worn that thumb out by now "

He’s a man of few words. Just a to others who share his denial.

Leicestershire

"

The official secrets act? So in 30 years we will find out it this was all some great global conspiracy. Give over "

World governments couldn't organise a joint piss up in a brewery together if they even tried.

The chances of them agreeing a global conspiracy is ridiculous.

He’s a man of few words. Just a to others who share his denial."

He actually contributed to thread, in fact, this thread (straight after the OP). I was almost gobsmacked

"

The official secrets act? So in 30 years we will find out it this was all some great global conspiracy. Give over

World governments couldn't organise a joint piss up in a brewery together if they even tried.

The chances of them agreeing a global conspiracy is ridiculous. "

Funny yet true!

He’s a man of few words. Just a to others who share his denial.

He actually contributed to thread, in fact, this thread (straight after the OP). I was almost gobsmacked "

» Add a new message to this topic