FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Not very strong in either direction

Not very strong in either direction

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *limmatureguy OP   Man  over a year ago

Tonbridge

Jenny Harries, deputy chief medical officer in England, says 'The evidence on face coverings is not very strong in either direction'. She added that it can be reassuring to others.

Also a French minister was asked what the point of wearing a mask outside was, and he said that there was no benefit but it would be reassuring to others.

So it would seem that masks are to be seen as a symbol of taking the virus seriously and reassuring others.

Funny how France is making masks more and more pervasive and it is having bugger all effect on the numbers.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I wear out of respect for others that is good enough reason for me

By *limmatureguy OP   Man  over a year ago

Tonbridge

"I wear out of respect for others that is good enough reason for me"

Like wearing a ribbon in support of aids victims. Except that isn't enforced by law.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Same.

Same here. It's such a small thing and I do believe they help (based on personal experience).

I'd feel horrible if I was asymptomatic and found out I'd given it to someone who then got ill.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

In either direction ?

The only direction is out and it reduces the velocity of droplets leaving the mouth that's indisputable

That may or may not be effective in reduced transmission but it's a no brainer to wear one especially if you sneeze or cough.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"In either direction ?

The only direction is out and it reduces the velocity of droplets leaving the mouth that's indisputable

That may or may not be effective in reduced transmission but it's a no brainer to wear one especially if you sneeze or cough."

You should still sneeze or cough into your elbow or tissue even with a face covering on. And keep social distancing.

Have seen a fair few forget this when they have a face covering on

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"In either direction ?

That may or may not be effective in reduced transmission but it's a no brainer to wear one especially if you sneeze or cough.

You should still sneeze or cough into your elbow or tissue even with a face covering on. And keep social distancing.

Have seen a fair few forget this when they have a face covering on "

Our 3yo sneezed twice in a public place today. She used the crook of her arm and we put hand gel on her, but Christ. We'd have garnered less attention if my husband and I had stripped off and started fucking

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It has never been highlighted as the major tool to reduce our infection numbers. The evidence was clear from the start that other measures had significant effects to contribute in reducing infection levelsm

When newer research indicated that face coverings could potentially help to stop an infected wearer from infecting others, it would be sensible as it's such tiny effort to wear 1 that it's a no brainer to agree to do it.

The biggest step we took to stop ir was to have our lockdown, which reduced people from meeting up.

The mask saga here is tedious. There are 101 threasa on it.

Same here

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"Jenny Harries, deputy chief medical officer in England, says 'The evidence on face coverings is not very strong in either direction'. She added that it can be reassuring to others.

Also a French minister was asked what the point of wearing a mask outside was, and he said that there was no benefit but it would be reassuring to others.

So it would seem that masks are to be seen as a symbol of taking the virus seriously and reassuring others.

Funny how France is making masks more and more pervasive and it is having bugger all effect on the numbers.

"

What huge issue does wearing a mask cause you if you can potentially save lives? Just wear the mask, it's not doing anything harmful to you.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Its benefit is to keep your germs to your self, as long as it is worn and treated properly and used with 2m distancing and frequent hand washing.

Which how many can honestly hands up and say they do....

I try desperately but that itchy nose sometimes just takes over

» Add a new message to this topic