FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > I will bet that they are regreting organising those raves

I will bet that they are regreting organising those raves

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

How stupid can you be?

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-first-10-000-fines-issued-to-eight-people-over-illegal-gatherings-12059943

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

So protesting is fine but dancing to music is not. Ok!

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"So protesting is fine but dancing to music is not. Ok!"

Obviously

Oddly enough our right to peaceful protest is protected - our right to hold and illegal rave isn't (in normal circumstances you need permission - and more particularly so because the Government included it in the Covid Legislation.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Mad how raves are making a comeback,?

Like people have said though.. double standards at play here though.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"So protesting is fine but dancing to music is not. Ok!"

well if notting hill, leeds and reading are all cancelled this weekend.... then yeah!!!

i bet they weren't thinking about general safety when they organised the raves, they were thinking about how much money they could make!!!

"Mad how raves are making a comeback,?

Like people have said though.. double standards at play here though."

Raves are making a comeback because there are no clubs open.

"So protesting is fine but dancing to music is not. Ok!

well if notting hill, leeds and reading are all cancelled this weekend.... then yeah!!!

i bet they weren't thinking about general safety when they organised the raves, they were thinking about how much money they could make!!!"

40 thousand in fines at just ONE rave - bet you the maths really isn't working out for them.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Raves are making a comeback because there are no clubs open."

If they had them in wales and wore masks sorry muzzles they could have a great tagline...raves for the sheeple..

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

We have never gone away

Social distancing has always been a thing at free parties, techno, d&b events....even the dreaded uk hardcore (cringe) events, people go to dance the night away, dancers create automatic space between each other but hey, many people as possible protesting with no space between them is better

liverpool

We have never gone away

Social distancing has always been a thing at free parties, techno, d&b events....even the dreaded uk hardcore (cringe) events, people go to dance the night away, dancers create automatic space between each other but hey, many people as possible protesting with no space between them is better

"

Cant beat a bit of ardkore

Nothing plod like more than stopping people having fun.

liverpool

Raves are making a comeback because there are no clubs open.

If they had them in wales and wore masks sorry muzzles they could have a great tagline...raves for the sheeple.. "

Whsts a sheeple?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Take away the controlled, reasonably safe avenues for people to enjoy themselves and you open the door for uncontrolled, less safe avenues to flourish.

The had a hard enough time clamping down on the 90's rave scene and that was well before social media, ubiquitous mobile phone usuage and instant, encrypted messaging became a thing. Yes, there will be a few fines but I guarantee that for every 1 rave broken up there will be 5 more the cops know nothing about.

You can't legislate human nature away, no matter how hard you try. Bigger fines just mean more precautions and higher prices....right or wrong the young will party.

liverpool

"Take away the controlled, reasonably safe avenues for people to enjoy themselves and you open the door for uncontrolled, less safe avenues to flourish.

The had a hard enough time clamping down on the 90's rave scene and that was well before social media, ubiquitous mobile phone usuage and instant, encrypted messaging became a thing. Yes, there will be a few fines but I guarantee that for every 1 rave broken up there will be 5 more the cops know nothing about.

You can't legislate human nature away, no matter how hard you try. Bigger fines just mean more precautions and higher prices....right or wrong the young will party."

Cant blame them in a way

"

40 thousand in fines at just ONE rave - bet you the maths really isn't working out for them."

If they're anything like the 90's raves you'd be very, very surprised at just how well the maths actually works, even with the fines. 40k is really not that much....loss of the equipment is a much bigger problem.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

They wuold be prosecuted anyway for disturbing the peace etc,they allways happen on bank hols.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Raves never went away

"

Cant blame them in a way "

No, I can't, especially as all the evidence suggests they are at very little risk from the virus.

If we had any sense at all we'd be looking at on-demand instant testing (I beleive there is now a 12 minute test) - paid for by the recipient - and a rule requiring proof of a negative test in the last 48 hours for admission to a pub/club or event.

That is, to me at least, far more sensible than effectively drivimg parties underground where we can't see them and manage the risk.

liverpool

Like people have said though.. double standards at play here though.Raves never went away"

Illegal ones did.

liverpool

"

Cant blame them in a way

No, I can't, especially as all the evidence suggests they are at very little risk from the virus.

If we had any sense at all we'd be looking at on-demand instant testing (I beleive there is now a 12 minute test) - paid for by the recipient - and a rule requiring proof of a negative test in the last 48 hours for admission to a pub/club or event.

That is, to me at least, far more sensible than effectively drivimg parties underground where we can't see them and manage the risk."

Police were never the brightest.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Piers Corbyn has apparently copped a big fine.

North Bucks

"

Cant blame them in a way

That is, to me at least, far more sensible than effectively drivimg parties underground where we can't see them and manage the risk.

Police were never the brightest."

Do the Police make the legislation then?

liverpool

"

Cant blame them in a way

Do the Police make the legislation then?"

No but they enforce the law.

It's like when they arrest drug dealers and they generally believe they are making a difference.

liverpool

"Piers Corbyn has apparently copped a big fine. "

Loves his techno..old piers.

North Bucks

"

Cant blame them in a way

It's like when they arrest drug dealers and they generally believe they are making a difference. "

Well I suppose they have to arrest drug dealers. Because that’s kind of their job.

liverpool

"

Cant blame them in a way

It's like when they arrest drug dealers and they generally believe they are making a difference.

Well I suppose they have to arrest drug dealers. Because that’s kind of their job. "

Missing the point.

When they arrest a drug dealer they make this big hoopla about misery..making a difference blah blah.

1st of all people will always want drugs.. and most people do it cos they enjoy it.

2nd. once they bang one up 3 more take his place.

They seem to genuinely believe that by arresting some top head people are going to stop taking drugs.

It was the same with raves.

North Bucks

"

Cant blame them in a way

Well I suppose they have to arrest drug dealers. Because that’s kind of their job.

Missing the point.

When they arrest a drug dealer they make this big hoopla about misery..making a difference blah blah.

1st of all people will always want drugs.. and most people do it cos they enjoy it.

They seem to genuinely believe that by arresting some top head people are going to stop taking drugs.

It was the same with raves."

I doubt they genuinely believe that at all. I’m sure they see drug dealers come along all the time.

What they put out is PR for the public to believe because they have a media department to handle that.

liverpool

"

Cant blame them in a way

Missing the point.

I doubt they genuinely believe that at all. I’m sure they see drug dealers come along all the time.

What they put out is PR for the public to believe because they have a media department to handle that.

"

Maybe.

They just seem to believe the nonsense they come out with.

North Bucks

"

Cant blame them in a way

Missing the point.

Maybe.

"

Do you like the Police?

liverpool

"

Cant blame them in a way

Missing the point.

Maybe.

Do you like the Police? "

Not particularly.

I've seen the worst side of them.

But they arent all bad.

North Bucks

"

Cant blame them in a way

Missing the point.

Maybe.

Do you like the Police?

Not particularly.

But they arent all bad."

You do seem to post on the negative side quite a bit.

What makes you happy Lionel?

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

With nite life having been shut down for 6 months and with no sign of re opening, what do you expect to happen.

liverpool

"

Cant blame them in a way

Missing the point.

Maybe.

Do you like the Police?

Not particularly.

But they arent all bad.

You do seem to post on the negative side quite a bit.

What makes you happy Lionel? "

Girls with a big bum and a nice smile.

Always a winner.

liverpool

"With nite life having been shut down for 6 months and with no sign of re opening, what do you expect to happen. "

True.

Like I said..cant really blame them.

North Bucks

"With nite life having been shut down for 6 months and with no sign of re opening, what do you expect to happen. "

People will party whatever the risk.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

Cant blame them in a way

That is, to me at least, far more sensible than effectively drivimg parties underground where we can't see them and manage the risk."

Tend to agree, it's not going to stop for several reasons so think outside the box so to speak..

But, no way will this government go near something like it..

"

Cant blame them in a way

While you can't blame them, what about when they spread it to their families. Or those people in local lockdown stuck at home while others in the same lockdown are having raves slowing down freeing the area again. They must be proud having a rave and throwing things at the police. What a bunch of liabilities this country has.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"

Cant blame them in a way

While you can't blame them, what about when they spread it to their families. Or those people in local lockdown stuck at home while others in the same lockdown are having raves slowing down freeing the area again. They must be proud having a rave and throwing things at the police. What a bunch of liabilities this country has. "

Totally agree. It’s a selfish attitude held by many, live for the moment and expect someone else to deal with and pick up the tab for the negative consequences.

By *ensualguy70TV/TS  over a year ago

Renfrew

"Oddly enough our right to peaceful protest is protected - our right to hold and illegal rave isn't (in normal circumstances you need permission - and more particularly so because the Government included it in the Covid Legislation."

i wonder how Covid-19 knows the difference between a rave and a peaceful protest??????

Renfrew

Also oddly enough the primary legislation to force people into isolation and or quarantine during emergency pandemics is after international travel.

So we now have a Coronavirus Bill that is secondary legislation that contradicts the primary legislation to which hasnt been repealed.

So this to me is Coronavirus aka slow removal of human rights without too much notice to tbe people

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Oddly enough our right to peaceful protest is protected - our right to hold and illegal rave isn't (in normal circumstances you need permission - and more particularly so because the Government included it in the Covid Legislation.

i wonder how Covid-19 knows the difference between a rave and a peaceful protest??????"

Presumably the same way it knows their difference between a cinema lobby and the auditorium itself.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

Presumably the same way it knows their difference between a cinema lobby and the auditorium itself. "

In a supermarket it know the difference between a picker and a shopper.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

i bet they weren't thinking about general safety when they organised the raves, they were thinking about how much money they could make!!!

40 thousand in fines at just ONE rave - bet you the maths really isn't working out for them."

what them as in the government or them as in the organisers 6000 people £10 A head brake even after expenses, wonder if you can put the fine down as a tax expense

"

i wonder how Covid-19 knows the difference between a rave and a peaceful protest??????"

That was illegal too and Comrade Corby got a 10k fine for arranging a public gathering of more than 30 people.

"

What a bunch of liabilities this country has. "

Yes, they're running the place.

We're not solving the problem by demonising young people. Believe it or not they aren't all totally irresponsible. You didn't see raves etc. at the start of all this because like all the rest of us they were being cautious of an unknown illness with an uncertain medical profile.

We're six months on. There's a large and growing body of evidence that they are at very little risk. There is no end in sight to the limitatjon and they are rightly feeling they are being forgotten. Result, they rebel. Nothing new and really not a surprise.

The 'bunch of liabilities' are in whitehall busily trying to legislate a virus out of existance instead of actually solving the problem.

There are solutions. They aren't legislative.

40 thousand in fines at just ONE rave - bet you the maths really isn't working out for them.what them as in the government or them as in the organisers 6000 people £10 A head brake even after expenses, wonder if you can put the fine down as a tax expense "

Didn't work out for a few however . . .

20k for a house party !!!! 'Great party but had to sell the house dear!!!'

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-first-10-000-fines-issued-to-eight-people-over-illegal-gatherings-12059943

Whether you like Rave or Not - Support Kids having fun or not (went to quite a few myself at Uni') You have to be a total idiot to arrange one in the current climate.

Renfrew

Well i certainly hope that the courts are declaring all of this money they are collecting and fines to the tax man.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"

Presumably the same way it knows their difference between a cinema lobby and the auditorium itself.

In a supermarket it know the difference between a picker and a shopper. "

Incredibly intelligent virus then.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Well i certainly hope that the courts are declaring all of this money they are collecting and fines to the tax man. "

Well, they have to get all that furlough money back somehow.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Well one illegal rave has resulted in a load of people with carbon monoxide poisoning as they'd broken into an underground bunker to use as a venue.

Running generators down there to power the sound system was a really dumb idea.

» Add a new message to this topic