FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Rise in sexual assaults on paramedics and vandal attacks on ambulances during COVID-19 crisis

Rise in sexual assaults on paramedics and vandal attacks on ambulances during COVID-19 crisis

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackformore100 OP   Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Just seen this headline. My god. What have some of us become? As if contesting with a highly infectious and potentially dangerous for some virus, and lockdown, and social isolation, and economic and job worries were not enough. We now turn on the people who are trying to save our lives. Stronger together surely.?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

If that headline is true then it's a sad indication of the 'society' that we now live in.

Any attack of any description on an emergency worker should have severe consequences and damage to emergency vehicles should be paid for in full, not just a £100 fine and a slap on the wrist for causing £1000's of damage.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Sadly not new, some ambo have been wearing stab vests for years..

Some fire are regularly attacked, front facing cameras on appliances for recording etc is common..

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"If that headline is true then it's a sad indication of the 'society' that we now live in.

Any attack of any description on an emergency worker should have severe consequences and damage to emergency vehicles should be paid for in full, not just a £100 fine and a slap on the wrist for causing £1000's of damage."

I think existing legislation and processes will be able to punish those that do this.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Just seen this headline. My god. What have some of us become? As if contesting with a highly infectious and potentially dangerous for some virus, and lockdown, and social isolation, and economic and job worries were not enough. We now turn on the people who are trying to save our lives. Stronger together surely.? "
This sort of thing is normal for large parts of Merseyside and covid making it worse.

I blame soft law and order,bad parents,drugs,drink.These are all contributing factors.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It’s a sign of the times and it’s only going to get worse!

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

Straight 10 years,no parole, for anyone who attacks a first responder.

It'll stop.....

By *couseratMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Sadly this has been going on for sometime, emergency services have been attacked.

Not just emergency services.

Ive nursed almost 20 yrs and the attacks / abuse on staff is shocking.

By *ove2lickJemCouple  over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"Just seen this headline. My god. What have some of us become? As if contesting with a highly infectious and potentially dangerous for some virus, and lockdown, and social isolation, and economic and job worries were not enough. We now turn on the people who are trying to save our lives. Stronger together surely.? "

God that's sickening. I remember a huge rise in property crime against NHS staff at the start of it when they were working so many more hours, lots of extra thefts of bikes, cars etc at hospitals. Despicable xx

i cant get my head around how someone can be in the condition that they need immediate medical attention , and yet at the same time able to sexually assault the paramedic, am i being daft?

By *ackformore100 OP   Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Straight 10 years,no parole, for anyone who attacks a first responder.

It'll stop..... "

We dont often agree. But absolutely. It's mind blowing that people would see it as an opportunity to do others harm

By *ungBlackTopMan  over a year ago

salford

This country is to soft on offenders so there's no deterrent. Attacks on people who risk their lives to help people shouldn't get a slap on the wrist but a lengthy jail sentence cleaningambulances with toothbrushes every day.

It's shocking! My crew mate had a brick thrown at is head as we walked up to a house.... Didn't even get spoken to by the police!

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"This country is to soft on offenders so there's no deterrent. Attacks on people who risk their lives to help people shouldn't get a slap on the wrist but a lengthy jail sentence cleaningambulances with toothbrushes every day."

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Just seen this headline. My god. What have some of us become? As if contesting with a highly infectious and potentially dangerous for some virus, and lockdown, and social isolation, and economic and job worries were not enough. We now turn on the people who are trying to save our lives. Stronger together surely.? This sort of thing is normal for large parts of Merseyside and covid making it worse.

I blame soft law and order,bad parents,drugs,drink.These are all contributing factors.

"

No it's not 'normal'whatsoever

liverpool

"This country is to soft on offenders so there's no deterrent. Attacks on people who risk their lives to help people shouldn't get a slap on the wrist but a lengthy jail sentence cleaningambulances with toothbrushes every day."

We have the biggest prison population in Europe.

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

verbal abuse has gone up in the call centre I volunteer for. While I'm dealing with them, others are in dire need of someone to talk to

The no blame culture erodes every aspect of society and removes culpability. The result is regular news headlines like this. Society will reset the clock but it may not be for decades yet.

liverpool

We certainly have some twisted logic in the judicial system

Selling a bit of Coke will result in a hefty sentence whilst an attack on a paramedic gets a suspended sentence.

Priorities eh.

Can't stand hearing about any of the services being attacked or abused.

It's happened with firemen getting bricks thrown at them when attending fires.

Came out of an ex-girlfriends once to find a bloke on the deck by my car, gash in head & bleeding. She called an ambulance & whilst waiting I got him in recovery position.

They arrived & started to attend to him at which point he started coming too, got quite violent & went for them but I stopped him. The police luckily already on the way soon arrived & I got a bollocking for restraining him!!!!

I did get thanked by the ambulance crew but the police said I shouldn't have done anything. Makes you feel if something like that happens again to leave them & just drive over them!!

» Add a new message to this topic