FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Hunting Parties

Hunting Parties

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aisyDoandDaisyDont OP   Woman  over a year ago

little old town of Reading!

Hunt parties are exempt from the new “rule of six” laws, it seems - what are people’s thoughts on this? Does it seem fair? Does it seem to contradict other guidance? Will you be harnessing your horse and taking full advantage of the law saying you can join in a gang and rip a fox apart, but can’t have granny round for tea?! I will be very much interested to read your thoughts below!

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hang on I thought fox hunting was still against the law...I thought it was just grouse shooting?

By *hebritukCouple  over a year ago

London

If foxes could shoot the hunters, the more the merrier.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Fox hunting live animals is illegal.

The 'list' of activities allowed includes playing football.

"Hang on I thought fox hunting was still against the law...I thought it was just grouse shooting?"

Yeah it’s against the law, but you know it still happens right?

By *az080378Woman  over a year ago

Cromer

"Hang on I thought fox hunting was still against the law...I thought it was just grouse shooting?"

Being illegal doesn't stop it happening

It is against the law, although i think it still happens illegally just like many other traditional blood sports, hare coursing is another which is illegal but still happens regularly and grouse hunting was only one of many things on the list that was published.

"Hang on I thought fox hunting was still against the law...I thought it was just grouse shooting?

Yeah it’s against the law, but you know it still happens right? "

Yeah I guess it is

Just thought to clear the legality on it...as for the grouse shoot,while I disagree with it...I think the shoot will be socially distance though.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

[Removed by poster at 17/09/20 19:56:57]

"Hang on I thought fox hunting was still against the law...I thought it was just grouse shooting?

Yeah it’s against the law, but you know it still happens right? "

Just had a look at the specific act we are talking about; The hunting of specific mammals is illegal but the “flushing out of unspecified mammals” is perfectly legal. And then the dogs leave them alone? Okay then!!

Many 'Covid Secure' Sports are allowed. Most of them them not perceived as being The Public School variety.

I think Animal Activists would be 'all over it' if any blood-sports where happening currently.

Yeah it’s against the law, but you know it still happens right?

Yeah I guess it is

Just thought to clear the legality on it...as for the grouse shoot,while I disagree with it...I think the shoot will be socially distance though."

Sorry - saw this after I posted x

"Many 'Covid Secure' Sports are allowed. Most of them them not perceived as being The Public School variety.

I think Animal Activists would be 'all over it' if any blood-sports where happening currently.

"

Hunt sabs are all over it on a regular basis, making a lovely great nuisance of themselves. I don’t think it’s a huge enough issue for the media to be interested in right now. I wasn’t actually coming at this from an animal rights perspective- although I think blood sports, as you rightly call them, are disgusting! I was more interested in what people felt about them being included on the exempt list

By *dores blackmenWoman  over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

They are only on the exempt list as it's a sport for the rich,who off course think they are invincible to covid

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"They are only on the exempt list as it's a sport for the rich,who off course think they are invincible to covid

"

Like football ?

"

Hunt sabs are all over it on a regular basis, making a lovely great nuisance of themselves. I don’t think it’s a huge enough issue for the media to be interested in right now. I wasn’t actually coming at this from an animal rights perspective- although I think blood sports, as you rightly call them, are disgusting! I was more interested in what people felt about them being included on the exempt list "

Despicable I agree. But only Grouse Shooting is on the list I think. Grouse shooting is despicable too. I have been a lifelong Vegetarian so anything that saves life is good with me.

I posted a few day ago that the Media Particularly picked up on Grouse Shooting because of it's connotations of privilege and Labour commenting on it without mentioning the whole list of permissible sports - or putting the list very low in the whole story. Headline Creation at its finest.

What I posted a couple of days ago.

"As usual Grouse Shooting was Cherry Picked as the 'Headline' just to MAKE a HEADLINE . . .

The list of organised sport or licensed outdoor physical activity that you can do in groups of more than six includes:

Angling

Baseball / Softball

Basketball

Canoeing / Kayaking

Caving

Climbing

Curling

Cricket

Dodgeball

Dragon Boat Racing

Equestrian

Floorball

Football

Gaelic Sports

Goalball

Hockey

Hunting - some forms

Ice Hockey

Lacrosse

Netball

Octopush

Polo

Roller Sports

Rowing

Rugby League

Rugby Union

Rounders

Sailing/Yachting

Shooting (including hunting and paintball that requires a shotgun or firearms certificate license)

Ultimate Frisbee

Volleyball

Other sports or licensed outdoor physical activities may also be permitted where their governing body has published guidance.

All supervised activities for children, including sports and exercise groups, are permitted where a risk assessment has been carried out – up to any number of participants.

When participating in organised sport or licensed physical activity, you must not gather in groups of more than 6 before and after the activity. You must also ensure you socially distance from people you do not live with (or have formed a support bubble with) wherever possible.

When playing sports informally with people you don’t live with, you must limit the size of your group to 6. It is illegal to do so in a larger group and you may be fined.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do

By *dores blackmenWoman  over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

"They are only on the exempt list as it's a sport for the rich,who off course think they are invincible to covid

Like football ?"

We all know loads of money in football

"What I posted a couple of days ago.

"As usual Grouse Shooting was Cherry Picked as the 'Headline' just to MAKE a HEADLINE . . .

The list of organised sport or licensed outdoor physical activity that you can do in groups of more than six includes:

Angling

Baseball / Softball

Basketball

Canoeing / Kayaking

Caving

Climbing

Curling

Cricket

Dodgeball

Dragon Boat Racing

Equestrian

Floorball

Football

Gaelic Sports

Goalball

Hockey

Hunting - some forms

Ice Hockey

Lacrosse

Netball

Octopush

Polo

Roller Sports

Rowing

Rugby League

Rugby Union

Rounders

Sailing/Yachting

Shooting (including hunting and paintball that requires a shotgun or firearms certificate license)

Ultimate Frisbee

Volleyball

Other sports or licensed outdoor physical activities may also be permitted where their governing body has published guidance.

All supervised activities for children, including sports and exercise groups, are permitted where a risk assessment has been carried out – up to any number of participants.

When participating in organised sport or licensed physical activity, you must not gather in groups of more than 6 before and after the activity. You must also ensure you socially distance from people you do not live with (or have formed a support bubble with) wherever possible.

When playing sports informally with people you don’t live with, you must limit the size of your group to 6. It is illegal to do so in a larger group and you may be fined.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do"

Thanks for that- I’ve not been on the forums this week as I’ve been unwell- not the dreaded Rona, I can assure you!! I’m sure many of you will be terribly upset to know I’ve been under the weather

I have to say though.... polo.... lacrosse... dragon boat racing and jolly hockey sticks! Apart from netball and football .... and probably not football really because it’s such a money maker.... don’t all those sports sound like stuff you would do at boarding school?!

Dodgeball is pretty dangerous i think .

Angling

Baseball / Softball

Basketball

Canoeing / Kayaking

Caving

Climbing

Curling

Cricket

Dodgeball

Dragon Boat Racing

Equestrian

Floorball

Football

Gaelic Sports

Goalball

Hockey

Hunting - some forms

Ice Hockey

Lacrosse

Netball

Octopush

Polo

Roller Sports

Rowing

Rugby League

Rugby Union

Rounders

Sailing/Yachting

Ultimate Frisbee

Volleyball

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do

Thanks for that- I’ve not been on the forums this week as I’ve been unwell- not the dreaded Rona, I can assure you!! I’m sure many of you will be terribly upset to know I’ve been under the weather

I have to say though.... polo.... lacrosse... dragon boat racing and jolly hockey sticks! Apart from netball and football .... and probably not football really because it’s such a money maker.... don’t all those sports sound like stuff you would do at boarding school?!

"

Actually I take that back- I love a game of rounders, and I didn’t go to boarding school!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think it would really help to strengthen support for any of the measures if there weren't clear contradictions or ambiguities. Is it reasonable to shoot birds in a group, when the same multi-household group of people would not be allowed to meet under the normal circumstances available to the masses? I don't think it is. We already have multiple households unofficially able to meet in pubs etc - which would ideally be clearly identified as not permitted.

Some sporting activities are performed too.

Engagement time and types seem to be important - the shorter the time the better. Outdoors is better.

I think what we've been left with are largely engagements that revolve around money.

I'd certainly like to see grouse hunting radically controlled - that's my ideological stance, I have a bias, as it's so damaging to our environment. Other than a money earning venture, it doesn't seem to have a valid reason for putting national health at risk.

"I think it would really help to strengthen support for any of the measures if there weren't clear contradictions or ambiguities. Is it reasonable to shoot birds in a group, when the same multi-household group of people would not be allowed to meet under the normal circumstances available to the masses? I don't think it is. We already have multiple households unofficially able to meet in pubs etc - which would ideally be clearly identified as not permitted.

Some sporting activities are performed too.

Engagement time and types seem to be important - the shorter the time the better. Outdoors is better.

I think what we've been left with are largely engagements that revolve around money.

I'd certainly like to see grouse hunting radically controlled - that's my ideological stance, I have a bias, as it's so damaging to our environment. Other than a money earning venture, it doesn't seem to have a valid reason for putting national health at risk. "

Thank you spot on x

I suppose its "an organised sporting event" (if you can call shooting hundreds of birds....specifically bred to be shot a "sport").

I've just come back in from a fishing trip in Looe. 10 of us, plus skipper on a 33 foot boat. Also doesn't come under the "rule of 6" apparently....

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Hunt parties are exempt from the new “rule of six” laws, it seems - what are people’s thoughts on this? Does it seem fair? Does it seem to contradict other guidance? Will you be harnessing your horse and taking full advantage of the law saying you can join in a gang and rip a fox apart, but can’t have granny round for tea?! I will be very much interested to read your thoughts below! "
There are many exemptions why pick on hunting?

"I suppose its "an organised sporting event" (if you can call shooting hundreds of birds....specifically bred to be shot a "sport").

I've just come back in from a fishing trip in Looe. 10 of us, plus skipper on a 33 foot boat. Also doesn't come under the "rule of 6" apparently...."

so shooting birds is bad, but fishing is ok???????, oh yes i forgot fish dont feel pain

"Hunt parties are exempt from the new “rule of six” laws, it seems - what are people’s thoughts on this? Does it seem fair? Does it seem to contradict other guidance? Will you be harnessing your horse and taking full advantage of the law saying you can join in a gang and rip a fox apart, but can’t have granny round for tea?! I will be very much interested to read your thoughts below! There are many exemptions why pick on hunting?"

Because for many people it’s morally wrong. They would like to know why it’s okay to go out killing grouse as a group (I stand corrected on my earlier fox statement), but not okay to “mingle” with another family you bump in to as you go about your daily business.

I would love to know how killing another species as a “party” is okay, but bumping into a friendly group and having a natter on the pavement is not okay. Give me one justification.

By *osieburnsTV/TS  over a year ago

DIDCOT

Like football ?"

Must be an echo on your room.

They should leave the foxes and partridges alone, let them experience being hunted down and massacred with guns. Animals have rights. The most despicable was that dentist from America who killed poor Cecil the lion, ghastly man.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"They should leave the foxes and partridges alone, let them experience being hunted down and massacred with guns. Animals have rights. The most despicable was that dentist from America who killed poor Cecil the lion, ghastly man. "

Don’t forget Harambe.

Harambe did nothing wrong.

"They should leave the foxes and partridges alone, let them experience being hunted down and massacred with guns. Animals have rights. The most despicable was that dentist from America who killed poor Cecil the lion, ghastly man.

Don’t forget Harambe.

Harambe did nothing wrong. "

The internet will never forget Harambe, God rest his gentle soul.

By *az080378Woman  over a year ago

Cromer

"Hunt parties are exempt from the new “rule of six” laws, it seems - what are people’s thoughts on this? Does it seem fair? Does it seem to contradict other guidance? Will you be harnessing your horse and taking full advantage of the law saying you can join in a gang and rip a fox apart, but can’t have granny round for tea?! I will be very much interested to read your thoughts below! There are many exemptions why pick on hunting?

Because for many people it’s morally wrong. They would like to know why it’s okay to go out killing grouse as a group (I stand corrected on my earlier fox statement), but not okay to “mingle” with another family you bump in to as you go about your daily business.

I would love to know how killing another species as a “party” is okay, but bumping into a friendly group and having a natter on the pavement is not okay. Give me one justification. "

It's justified in the governments eyes because of money....

Animals have rights, has God's beings on this earth, to live with dignity and be treated with respect. I fail to see what anyone could get from hunting and killing, gods creatures other than to eat to live.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Football, hockey, rugby, netball.... Modified covid safe versions... Where up to 22 allowed to play outside.... Then they go for a drink after and only in groups of 6.....now yeha it's inconsistent. But who cares. The reasons are clear enough. We want to play team sports......but keep the risks to a minimum. I do t find it that challenging. The alternative is to say no team sports.... And we are trying to put this year behind us and move on..

upton wirral

"Hunt parties are exempt from the new “rule of six” laws, it seems - what are people’s thoughts on this? Does it seem fair? Does it seem to contradict other guidance? Will you be harnessing your horse and taking full advantage of the law saying you can join in a gang and rip a fox apart, but can’t have granny round for tea?! I will be very much interested to read your thoughts below! There are many exemptions why pick on hunting?

I would love to know how killing another species as a “party” is okay, but bumping into a friendly group and having a natter on the pavement is not okay. Give me one justification. "

Irrevilent to the ruling which is not directed at hunting in particular.

upton wirral

"Football, hockey, rugby, netball.... Modified covid safe versions... Where up to 22 allowed to play outside.... Then they go for a drink after and only in groups of 6.....now yeha it's inconsistent. But who cares. The reasons are clear enough. We want to play team sports......but keep the risks to a minimum. I do t find it that challenging. The alternative is to say no team sports.... And we are trying to put this year behind us and move on.. "

"Hunt parties are exempt from the new “rule of six” laws, it seems - what are people’s thoughts on this? Does it seem fair? Does it seem to contradict other guidance? Will you be harnessing your horse and taking full advantage of the law saying you can join in a gang and rip a fox apart, but can’t have granny round for tea?! I will be very much interested to read your thoughts below!

There are many exemptions why pick on hunting?"

It makes moaning fuckers believe it helps them creating a them and us attitude, to moan about

By *icebloke551Man  over a year ago

Kidderminster

Yes they are shot but they are eaten so no waste.it creates jobs.so while your all on high horse .how about transport for London ordering new rail vehicles from China to help there economy so much for looking after ours and help create work !

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Yes they are shot but they are eaten so no waste.it creates jobs.so while your all on high horse .how about transport for London ordering new rail vehicles from China to help there economy so much for looking after ours and help create work !"

Shame we cant hunt them instead.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Many 'Covid Secure' Sports are allowed. Most of them them not perceived as being The Public School variety.

Hunt sabs are all over it on a regular basis, making a lovely great nuisance of themselves. I don’t think it’s a huge enough issue for the media to be interested in right now. I wasn’t actually coming at this from an animal rights perspective- although I think blood sports, as you rightly call them, are disgusting! I was more interested in what people felt about them being included on the exempt list "

It's pretty easy to socially distance on a grouse moor. Or a horse for that matter.

...Up on the Downs

You are joking surely? Because transmission of covid is much more likely standing chatting to someone you know than striding about a grouse moor 50 foot from someone else.

...Up on the Downs

And the point is in all officially recognised sports/activities, someone has had to do a risk assessment and bear responsibility for ensuring protocols are followed.

May the sound of hounds never die.

I take my friend to watch the hunts every year. A tradition that must be allowed to continue!

By *xpressionistMan  over a year ago

ST. ALBANS

Instead of Bring Your Own Bottle, just tell everyone Bring Your Own Rifle. Tell the cops that you're out hunting your Christmas dinner.

Hunting foxes with hounds is barbaric, and cruel, I hope the fox wins every time.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"Animals have rights, has God's beings on this earth, to live with dignity and be treated with respect. I fail to see what anyone could get from hunting and killing, gods creatures other than to eat to live. "

Where do you think game sold in waitrose comes from...

I'd rather eat a pheasant that has lived a wild life than a chicken that has never seen daylight.

"Animals have rights, has God's beings on this earth, to live with dignity and be treated with respect. I fail to see what anyone could get from hunting and killing, gods creatures other than to eat to live.

I'd rather eat a pheasant that has lived a wild life than a chicken that has never seen daylight. "

That's a problem with Grouse hunting. They have not been living in the wild their whole lives. They are bred in huge numbers in captivity, teansported to a shoot area and released not long before the shoot actually occurs. So you get loads of poor birds who do not know how to fend for themselves in the wild naturally stressful for the birds and then humans come after them with dogs and beating the undergrowth where they are rightly hiding with sticks causing them to do what comes naturally and fly away through fear! When in flight they are picked off by people with guns who are positioned at various locations along their suspected flight path.

Cruel and unnecessary if you ask me. If people want to eat grouse, they could be more humanely killed in the farms that they are bred on.

By *amyam5627Man  over a year ago

Swadlincote

This was a case of the “media” jumping on something that they don’t know about, when you are out shooting you are socially distanced (around 30-40 meters between the guns) and the beating line is usually spaced 2 meters apart.

Pretty much every shoot I know has changed to abide by Covid regs, many are now ordering packed lunches and meals from small independent caterers to feed the beaters and shooters.

I understand that lots of people don’t support shooting and hunting, however in the UK alone it puts millions of pounds back into the local economy (hotels, pubs, shops etc) and provides a hell of a lot of conservation (hedgerows, ponds, all year round feeding from cover crops and feeders plus effective predator control allowing ground nesting birds to breed safely). In fact this year the grouse moors have Successfully bred and fledged more Hen Harriers than the RSPB I do believe.

Everything that I shoot (pigeon, pheasant, partridge and duck) either goes into the food chain via a game dealer, gets given away to friends and family or gets eaten by myself.

Swadlincote

"

That's a problem with Grouse hunting. They have not been living in the wild their whole lives. They are bred in huge numbers in captivity, teansported to a shoot area and released not long before the shoot actually occurs. So you get loads of poor birds who do not know how to fend for themselves in the wild naturally stressful for the birds and then humans come after them with dogs and beating the undergrowth where they are rightly hiding with sticks causing them to do what comes naturally and fly away through fear! When in flight they are picked off by people with guns who are positioned at various locations along their suspected flight path.

Cruel and unnecessary if you ask me. If people want to eat grouse, they could be more humanely killed in the farms that they are bred on.

"

I’m afraid you are wrong there, Grouse are truly wild, they can’t be bred on farms and only breed and survive on moors. Each year a grouse more will organise a count to see how many they have on there and if there is enough to be sustainable then they will shoot.

This year due to heather beetle and weather, many moors haven’t had a surplus of grouse so are not shooting.

The only birds that are bred and released for shooting are mallard, pheasant and partridge. All of these are released into a large pen when young (or lake in the case of ducks) and then gradually let out into the wild as they get older. On average for every 100 birds that are released 40 are shot, the rest either die of predation or live in the wild.

By *renzMan  over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

"

I’m afraid you are wrong there, Grouse are truly wild, they can’t be bred on farms and only breed and survive on moors. Each year a grouse more will organise a count to see how many they have on there and if there is enough to be sustainable then they will shoot.

This year due to heather beetle and weather, many moors haven’t had a surplus of grouse so are not shooting.

The only birds that are bred and released for shooting are mallard, pheasant and partridge. All of these are released into a large pen when young (or lake in the case of ducks) and then gradually let out into the wild as they get older. On average for every 100 birds that are released 40 are shot, the rest either die of predation or live in the wild. "

Finally someone who actually knows what they are talking about and not what they get off the internet.

"

The only birds that are bred and released for shooting are mallard, pheasant and partridge. All of these are released into a large pen when young (or lake in the case of ducks) and then gradually let out into the wild as they get older. On average for every 100 birds that are released 40 are shot, the rest either die of predation or live in the wild. "

I wrote what my country friend told me! I had no knowledge on the "sport" before lockdown, but my friend who lives in Somerset showed me an estate right on her doorstep which is set up especially for grouse hunting. The information I wrote here was what she told me happens.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

At PMQ this week the deputy leader of the Labour party said Boris' friend has two grouse farms and she wasn't challenged.

By *aintscoupleCouple  over a year ago

st helens

[Removed by poster at 18/09/20 07:51:10]

By *lowstick66Man  over a year ago

m

they still do it, they release a previously caught fox from a van after doing a mile or so away from the start point spectators.

st helens

its more pissed of that the likes of dodgeball and dragoon boat racing are also excempt!

"they still do it, they release a previously caught fox from a van after doing a mile or so away from the start point spectators."

I thought as much... the law says that the dogs can legally flush out an “unknown mammal“... So they flush out this poor “unknown mammal” and then what? Wish it a good day and allow it to go it’s merry way?

"I take my friend to watch the hunts every year. A tradition that must be allowed to continue! "

Why do you do that? I’m curious..

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"

The only birds that are bred and released for shooting are mallard, pheasant and partridge. All of these are released into a large pen when young (or lake in the case of ducks) and then gradually let out into the wild as they get older. On average for every 100 birds that are released 40 are shot, the rest either die of predation or live in the wild.

I wrote what my country friend told me! I had no knowledge on the "sport" before lockdown, but my friend who lives in Somerset showed me an estate right on her doorstep which is set up especially for grouse hunting. The information I wrote here was what she told me happens."

Either you have made that up completely or your friend has, there are no grouse shoots in Somerset, nor are there such things as "grouse farms" .

Grouse are wild birds and are not bred to shoot, gamekeepers on estates encourage conditions that help the grousexsuch as controlling predators etc.

I have no issue with people who dislike hunting, shooting or fishing but wish they would base their opinions on facts not lies.

Leeds

"I take my friend to watch the hunts every year. A tradition that must be allowed to continue!

Why do you do that? I’m curious.. "

I'm not curious. I'm aghast.

The unspeakable in full pursuit of the uneatable

"they still do it, they release a previously caught fox from a van after doing a mile or so away from the start point spectators."

Urban myth. And I do mean urban!

Swadlincote

"

Finally someone who actually knows what they are talking about and not what they get off the internet."

Thank you, I actually shoot so know what goes on

By *couseratMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"Hunt parties are exempt from the new “rule of six” laws, it seems - what are people’s thoughts on this? Does it seem fair? Does it seem to contradict other guidance? Will you be harnessing your horse and taking full advantage of the law saying you can join in a gang and rip a fox apart, but can’t have granny round for tea?! I will be very much interested to read your thoughts below! "

Paintball is exempt, so not much of a point to make.

By *ab jamesMan  over a year ago

ribble valley

I'm not a hunt supporter. I detest the killing of innocent animals in the name of fun. But it is possible to socially distance and wear a mask, whilst hunting.

The pursuit of the inedible by the unspeakable

By *om-needs-good-girlMan  over a year ago

lar lar land

It’s ok most people on fab seem to think there is an exemption as they want to have a gangbang or shag a stranger but you can’t have granny around for tea! People are selfish and exemptions are like you said a bit unfair!

"

Finally someone who actually knows what they are talking about and not what they get off the internet.

Thank you, I actually shoot so know what goes on "

I don’t mean this in a rude way- please take this in the spirit it is intended! I’m genuinely surprised about the amount of people on here who do go shooting- I had no idea it was so popular. I’m a town person not a country person, so I guess I just don’t know what I don’t see. It’s been interesting reading! Thank you for your input and that of other contributors to the discussion- I have learnt some new things today and that is what debate is all about x

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

I don't see the point in fox hunting to be honest. Easier to gas them in their dens. Any excuse for a piss up i expect.

Eastbourne

"It is against the law, although i think it still happens illegally just like many other traditional blood sports, hare coursing is another which is illegal but still happens regularly and grouse hunting was only one of many things on the list that was published."

So is being in a group of more than 6, but it doesn't stop people does it.

"I don't see the point in fox hunting to be honest. Easier to gas them in their dens. Any excuse for a piss up i expect. "

Oh yea of little faith! They are vermin- everybody knows that the best way to dispose of vermin is to have it ripped apart by dogs... nothing to do with a jolly day out!

Tin town

"

Thank you, I actually shoot so know what goes on

I don’t mean this in a rude way- please take this in the spirit it is intended! I’m genuinely surprised about the amount of people on here who do go shooting- I had no idea it was so popular. I’m a town person not a country person, so I guess I just don’t know what I don’t see. It’s been interesting reading! Thank you for your input and that of other contributors to the discussion- I have learnt some new things today and that is what debate is all about x "

Every days a school day,! (unless.....its a home school day)

By *atonMan  over a year ago

barnet

The unspeakable chasing the unbeatable.. Oscar wilde

st helens

i wonder how many of the judgemental on here have no problem with breaking the law when it comes to attending illegal parties!

"i wonder how many of the judgemental on here have no problem with breaking the law when it comes to attending illegal parties!"

I can't remember when I went to a legal party

[Removed by poster at 18/09/20 10:54:30]

It is possible that I may have mistaken grouse for pheasants.

( though I thought she told me it was grouse!)

"It is against the law, although i think it still happens illegally just like many other traditional blood sports, hare coursing is another which is illegal but still happens regularly and grouse hunting was only one of many things on the list that was published.

So is being in a group of more than 6, but it doesn't stop people does it."

Not sure what you mean really but no it doesn't stop people, some people will always break the rules no matter what they are as they only think about themselves.

liverpool

"I take my friend to watch the hunts every year. A tradition that must be allowed to continue!

Why do you do that? I’m curious..

I'm not curious. I'm aghast. "

Cos they get pleasure from killing defenceless animals presumably?

liverpool

"i wonder how many of the judgemental on here have no problem with breaking the law when it comes to attending illegal parties!"

Who has attended an illegal party?

Tin town

[Removed by poster at 18/09/20 11:09:29]

st helens

"i wonder how many of the judgemental on here have no problem with breaking the law when it comes to attending illegal parties!

Who has attended an illegal party?"

plenty of house parties which are going on

liverpool

"i wonder how many of the judgemental on here have no problem with breaking the law when it comes to attending illegal parties!

Who has attended an illegal party?plenty of house parties which are going on "

On here?

st helens

can an admin please close this topic as it is trying to make out that anyone who attends a LEGAL SHOOT is participating in ILLEGAL FOX hunting plus it has nothing to do with covid 19!

Who has attended an illegal party?plenty of house parties which are going on

On here?"

You have to read back Lionel

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

I wonder how many of those making gross and inaccurate assumptions are doing so out of sheer ignorance..

in Lancashire

"can an admin please close this topic as it is trying to make out that anyone who attends a LEGAL SHOOT is participating in ILLEGAL FOX hunting plus it has nothing to do with covid 19!"

Whoa, it's just opinions etc..

You sound like you are a bit sensitive about illegal fox hunting?

"can an admin please close this topic as it is trying to make out that anyone who attends a LEGAL SHOOT is participating in ILLEGAL FOX hunting plus it has nothing to do with covid 19!

You sound like you are a bit sensitive about illegal fox hunting?"

I thought the two were quite clearly separated last night when we were talking about it? As I said above, I have learnt some really interesting things from this thread that I didn’t know before... surely that’s the whole point of a forum? To share ideas and opinions?

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

If people can PM me the details of these “illegal” parties please. So I can Uk research them and forward them onto the appropriate “authorities”.

Even better if they are happening in my um............area

(Mods I’m joking I promise)

st helens

"can an admin please close this topic as it is trying to make out that anyone who attends a LEGAL SHOOT is participating in ILLEGAL FOX hunting plus it has nothing to do with covid 19!

I thought the two were quite clearly separated last night when we were talking about it? As I said above, I have learnt some really interesting things from this thread that I didn’t know before... surely that’s the whole point of a forum? To share ideas and opinions? "

i thing is as soon as you admit to shooting for pest control reasons you are subjected to all kinds of abuse.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Covid or no Covid, by it`s very nature an organised shoot will be be naturally well spaced for "social distancing" You would be spaced 15-20 yards apart minimum. After all, would you want to have your ears blown off by the shot from the gun at the next post? There is, of course, the chance of passing the virus on at the start of finish of the shoot when safety instructions are given out etc. and if you`re ill the last thing you want to be doing is shooting!

I thought the two were quite clearly separated last night when we were talking about it? As I said above, I have learnt some really interesting things from this thread that I didn’t know before... surely that’s the whole point of a forum? To share ideas and opinions? i thing is as soon as you admit to shooting for pest control reasons you are subjected to all kinds of abuse."

Well that’s par for the course round here I’m afraid- the amount of shit I get for going against the Covid restrictions tide has taught me that!!

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

Plenty of people shoot and fish it’s sport, there are people in here who rear and shoot pheasant and they are not even posh

m

"they still do it, they release a previously caught fox from a van after doing a mile or so away from the start point spectators.

Urban myth. And I do mean urban!"

I was at a friends one boxing day, in a caravan down a farm track overlooking a concrete yard..its still happening

liverpool

I thought the two were quite clearly separated last night when we were talking about it? As I said above, I have learnt some really interesting things from this thread that I didn’t know before... surely that’s the whole point of a forum? To share ideas and opinions? i thing is as soon as you admit to shooting for pest control reasons you are subjected to all kinds of abuse."

If they are shooting for pest control reasons..why are they not out shooting rats?

"they still do it, they release a previously caught fox from a van after doing a mile or so away from the start point spectators.

I was at a friends one boxing day, in a caravan down a farm track overlooking a concrete yard..its still happening"

Not much point in releasing a fox in a farmyard. Plenty of places for it to go to ground. Hunting is done over open countryside or through woodland, not in concrete yards.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

I thought the two were quite clearly separated last night when we were talking about it? As I said above, I have learnt some really interesting things from this thread that I didn’t know before... surely that’s the whole point of a forum? To share ideas and opinions? i thing is as soon as you admit to shooting for pest control reasons you are subjected to all kinds of abuse.

If they are shooting for pest control reasons..why are they not out shooting rats?"

Maybe that have a big badass cat.

in Lancashire

I thought the two were quite clearly separated last night when we were talking about it? As I said above, I have learnt some really interesting things from this thread that I didn’t know before... surely that’s the whole point of a forum? To share ideas and opinions? i thing is as soon as you admit to shooting for pest control reasons you are subjected to all kinds of abuse.

If they are shooting for pest control reasons..why are they not out shooting rats?"

Not enough lead?

Sort of only joking, mates a pest controller down south and occasionally will use what he calls hot lead via his .22 but maintains poison is the best method for them..

liverpool

If they are shooting for pest control reasons..why are they not out shooting rats?

Not enough lead?

Sort of only joking, mates a pest controller down south and occasionally will use what he calls hot lead via his .22 but maintains poison is the best method for them..

"

I find it quite amusing that people who go hunting are somehow doing a service.

m

I was at a friends one boxing day, in a caravan down a farm track overlooking a concrete yard..its still happening

Not much point in releasing a fox in a farmyard. Plenty of places for it to go to ground. Hunting is done over open countryside or through woodland, not in concrete yards."

it was a van not a 4x4

Not much point in releasing a fox in a farmyard. Plenty of places for it to go to ground. Hunting is done over open countryside or through woodland, not in concrete yards.

it was a van not a 4x4"

So unlikely to be someone from the hunt or a farmer then?

in Lancashire

Not enough lead?

I find it quite amusing that people who go hunting are somehow doing a service. "

I would agree..

There's nothing humane about a fix being ripped to shreds by dogs..

m

it was a van not a 4x4

So unlikely to be someone from the hunt or a farmer then?"

yes i guess your right, someone totally unconnected coincidentally released a fox from a van as the hunt approached

By *he James gangCouple  over a year ago

NEWTOWNABBEY

Jumping through this thread, I can't help thinking that most of the replies are concentrating on the illegality of blood sports. I would like to point out, this has didly squat to do with op's question. It's about covid transmission, nothing else. Whether your outside in an illegal 'hunt' or legal variety or orienteering, they has a lower degree of transmission that being up close and personal with your granny!

it was a van not a 4x4

yes i guess your right, someone totally unconnected coincidentally released a fox from a van as the hunt approached "

As a concerned member of the public, why didn't you report something totally illegal to the police? If true it's abhorrent. The police always follow a hunt, especially over the last 20 or more years. So quite easy to do.

m

it was a van not a 4x4

yes i guess your right, someone totally unconnected coincidentally released a fox from a van as the hunt approached

As a concerned member of the public, why didn't you report something totally illegal to the police? If true it's abhorrent. The police always follow a hunt, especially over the last 20 or more years. So quite easy to do. "

there were no police there, so if i had reported it happened, they of course would have denied it, nothing happens except my friend who lives in an isolated spot would be worried of reprisal.

st helens

"Plenty of people shoot and fish it’s sport, there are people in here who rear and shoot pheasant and they are not even posh "
dont come much more common and working class than st helens

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"Jumping through this thread, I can't help thinking that most of the replies are concentrating on the illegality of blood sports. I would like to point out, this has didly squat to do with op's question. It's about covid transmission, nothing else. Whether your outside in an illegal 'hunt' or legal variety or orienteering, they has a lower degree of transmission that being up close and personal with your granny! "

it was a van not a 4x4

As a concerned member of the public, why didn't you report something totally illegal to the police? If true it's abhorrent. The police always follow a hunt, especially over the last 20 or more years. So quite easy to do.

there were no police there, so if i had reported it happened, they of course would have denied it, nothing happens except my friend who lives in an isolated spot would be worried of reprisal."

As others have pointed out, this is now nothing to do with Corona, so I will leave it alone, other than to say there have been many misconceptions on this thread.

Can't beat a discussion!

bournemouth

Not enough lead?

I would agree..

There's nothing humane about a fix being ripped to shreds by dogs.."

There is nothing humane about a fox or any wild animal.dying from starvation after being hit by a passing car suffering from mange and literally freezing to death, hunts usually caught the old and infirm foxes, the fit and healthy ones got away, some hunts would dig one that had gone to ground out but "proper" country masters would not allow that. Nature is often very cruel and often those who haven't real knowledge can be influence by lies and misinformation. The human race is the top of the tree and if we want to have lots of wildlife we need to manage it. The beautiful countryside and its flora and fauna are there due to mans management of it, left to it's own devices it would soon be an overgrown mess, look at neglected areas and see how quickly brambles etc smoother everything else out

in Lancashire

Not enough lead?

I would agree..

There is nothing humane about a fox or any wild animal.dying from starvation after being hit by a passing car suffering from mange and literally freezing to death, hunts usually caught the old and infirm foxes, the fit and healthy ones got away, some hunts would dig one that had gone to ground out but "proper" country masters would not allow that. Nature is often very cruel and often those who haven't real knowledge can be influence by lies and misinformation. The human race is the top of the tree and if we want to have lots of wildlife we need to manage it. The beautiful countryside and its flora and fauna are there due to mans management of it, left to it's own devices it would soon be an overgrown mess, look at neglected areas and see how quickly brambles etc smoother everything else out"

Have no issue with killing an injured animal at all, one of the crew mates did so once to put an urban fix out of its misery after it was hit by a car..

Had he not done so I would have..

I get all the town/country pov commonly trotted out etc funny enough we live in a rural environment, I'm simply saying it's not the most humane way of killing a fox..

bournemouth

Lots of people live in a rural environment, doesnt mean they know anything about it. The arguement about shooting is better can be made but not every shot kills a fox outright so might increase suffering and you need a rifle to do it properly and in urban fringe that carries risks.

I'm no fan of hunts not because of what they do but the knobs who often run them.

I feel passionately about animal rights, and cruel treatment of them is never acceptable. Some dispicable person near where I live was murdering peoples cats, people who do such things are wicked, and heartless. Some of my best friends have been cats, it's heartbreaking. I still miss one who was killed in 1987.I had a painting of her commissioned. I support my local cat protection shop.

Swadlincote

"Plenty of people shoot and fish it’s sport, there are people in here who rear and shoot pheasant and they are not even posh "

You are quite right, most of the people I know that shoot are office workers, factory workers, builders etc

Swadlincote

"

I don’t mean this in a rude way- please take this in the spirit it is intended! I’m genuinely surprised about the amount of people on here who do go shooting- I had no idea it was so popular. I’m a town person not a country person, so I guess I just don’t know what I don’t see. It’s been interesting reading! Thank you for your input and that of other contributors to the discussion- I have learnt some new things today and that is what debate is all about x "

Shooting is actually one of the fastest growing ladies sports, also most shooters are from towns. In any road in the Uk there will be at least one shooting household, whether it be shotgun, rifle (target or hunting) or air rifle (again target or hunting). It’s a sport that anyone can compete in (we actually win more medals shooting than most sports) no matter age, gender or disability.

"Plenty of people shoot and fish it’s sport, there are people in here who rear and shoot pheasant and they are not even posh

You are quite right, most of the people I know that shoot are office workers, factory workers, builders etc "

I went shooting Sunday I drive diggers for a living my mate I went with is an electrition it's deffiently not full of gentry like the city folk believe.

liverpool

Not enough lead?

I would agree..

There is nothing humane about a fox or any wild animal.dying from starvation after being hit by a passing car suffering from mange and literally freezing to death, hunts usually caught the old and infirm foxes, the fit and healthy ones got away, some hunts would dig one that had gone to ground out but "proper" country masters would not allow that. Nature is often very cruel and often those who haven't real knowledge can be influence by lies and misinformation. The human race is the top of the tree and if we want to have lots of wildlife we need to manage it. The beautiful countryside and its flora and fauna are there due to mans management of it, left to it's own devices it would soon be an overgrown mess, look at neglected areas and see how quickly brambles etc smoother everything else out"

Yep let's see one of those brave hunters(unarmed)face to face with a fuck off lion and see who is top of the tree then.

liverpool

"

I don’t mean this in a rude way- please take this in the spirit it is intended! I’m genuinely surprised about the amount of people on here who do go shooting- I had no idea it was so popular. I’m a town person not a country person, so I guess I just don’t know what I don’t see. It’s been interesting reading! Thank you for your input and that of other contributors to the discussion- I have learnt some new things today and that is what debate is all about x

Shooting is actually one of the fastest growing ladies sports, also most shooters are from towns. In any road in the Uk there will be at least one shooting household, whether it be shotgun, rifle (target or hunting) or air rifle (again target or hunting). It’s a sport that anyone can compete in (we actually win more medals shooting than most sports) no matter age, gender or disability. "

Personally I'd rather play footy than shoot defenceless animals as a 'sport'

bournemouth

"

Shooting is actually one of the fastest growing ladies sports, also most shooters are from towns. In any road in the Uk there will be at least one shooting household, whether it be shotgun, rifle (target or hunting) or air rifle (again target or hunting). It’s a sport that anyone can compete in (we actually win more medals shooting than most sports) no matter age, gender or disability.

Personally I'd rather play footy than shoot defenceless animals as a 'sport'"

Yes shooting all those clay pigeons is disgusting

"

Yes shooting all those clay pigeons is disgusting "

Literally nobody else on this thread is talking about clay pigeons. Even the people who declared that they hunt. Straw man arguing right there!

liverpool

"

Yes shooting all those clay pigeons is disgusting "

Ha ha

Superb

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

If anyone is going to a shooting party rave this weekend, please make sure your shot gun licence is up to date.

Thanks

[Removed by poster at 18/09/20 20:52:31]

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

It's an outdoor sport with social distancing I assume

bournemouth

"

Literally nobody else on this thread is talking about clay pigeons. Even the people who declared that they hunt. Straw man arguing right there! "

Do you understand humour ?

"

Literally nobody else on this thread is talking about clay pigeons. Even the people who declared that they hunt. Straw man arguing right there!

Do you understand humour ?"

Evidentially not oh.... hang on.... now I know it’s humour I get what you are saying (I think!) - you are being sarcastic about the clay pigeons? I don’t know! I’m lost.

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

Angling

Baseball / Softball

Basketball

Canoeing / Kayaking

Caving

Climbing

Curling

Cricket

Dodgeball

Dragon Boat Racing

Equestrian

Floorball

Football

Gaelic Sports

Goalball

Hockey

Hunting - some forms

Ice Hockey

Lacrosse

Netball

Octopush

Polo

Roller Sports

Rowing

Rugby League

Rugby Union

Rounders

Sailing/Yachting

Ultimate Frisbee

Volleyball

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do"

So how do you go about getting changed for a football match, or showering afterwards if you cant be in groups of 7 before/after.

"

Finally someone who actually knows what they are talking about and not what they get off the internet."

liverpool

"

Do you understand humour ?"

If you have to explain it..its not particularly funny.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Angling

Baseball / Softball

Basketball

Canoeing / Kayaking

Caving

Climbing

Curling

Cricket

Dodgeball

Dragon Boat Racing

Equestrian

Floorball

Football

Gaelic Sports

Goalball

Hockey

Hunting - some forms

Ice Hockey

Lacrosse

Netball

Octopush

Polo

Roller Sports

Rowing

Rugby League

Rugby Union

Rounders

Sailing/Yachting

Ultimate Frisbee

Volleyball

So how do you go about getting changed for a football match, or showering afterwards if you cant be in groups of 7 before/after."

Of course the rules don't actually state where the group of 6+ cannot congregate before or afterwards, nor for how long. If they just happen to be in a pub afterwards too, where such amounts of people are allowed, it's potentially OK, an hour or so after, in a new venue - that's the likely thinking that will happen, desperate the official risk assessments that will be done before each match - they'll just not include the pub.

bournemouth

"

o popular. I’m a town person not a country person, so I guess I just don’t know what I don’t see. It’s been interesting reading! Thank you

Evidentially not oh.... hang on.... now I know it’s humour I get what you are saying (I think!) - you are being sarcastic about the clay pigeons? I don’t know! I’m lost. "

Clay pigeons are targets used by shooters, they arent real pigeons, it's a very popular sport these days, not many people who own guns actually shoot "real" wildlife and many that do just shoot vermin. Left to it's own device nature would end up with mainly predators which we tend to not like as much as say song birds, magpies in particular are responsible for killing huge numbers .

midlands

Angling

Baseball / Softball

Basketball

Canoeing / Kayaking

Caving

Climbing

Curling

Cricket

Dodgeball

Dragon Boat Racing

Equestrian

Floorball

Football

Gaelic Sports

Goalball

Hockey

Hunting - some forms

Ice Hockey

Lacrosse

Netball

Octopush

Polo

Roller Sports

Rowing

Rugby League

Rugby Union

Rounders

Sailing/Yachting

Ultimate Frisbee

Volleyball

So how do you go about getting changed for a football match, or showering afterwards if you cant be in groups of 7 before/after.

Of course the rules don't actually state where the group of 6+ cannot congregate before or afterwards, nor for how long. If they just happen to be in a pub afterwards too, where such amounts of people are allowed, it's potentially OK, an hour or so after, in a new venue - that's the likely thinking that will happen, desperate the official risk assessments that will be done before each match - they'll just not include the pub. "

And thats the bullshit thing about it. Can have 30 people running round, full contact, spitting on the pitch, which will never stop, but they cant walk into a pub together and sit round a table without touching each other... oh i forgot, football is outside, and the virud decides its gona get us because we are having a beer. The hypocrocy of the whole thing is whats driving people to believe its bollox. Yes folk are dying from it, but as loads of folk have stayed before, loads die of other things year on year

"

o popular. I’m a town person not a country person, so I guess I just don’t know what I don’t see. It’s been interesting reading! Thank you

Evidentially not oh.... hang on.... now I know it’s humour I get what you are saying (I think!) - you are being sarcastic about the clay pigeons? I don’t know! I’m lost.

Clay pigeons are targets used by shooters, they arent real pigeons, it's a very popular sport these days, not many people who own guns actually shoot "real" wildlife and many that do just shoot vermin. Left to it's own device nature would end up with mainly predators which we tend to not like as much as say song birds, magpies in particular are responsible for killing huge numbers . "

Okay- I definitely don’t get the joke. Ya got me!!

So seven little children cannot feed the ducks in the park.

But it's fine for fifteen grown men to go out and shoot them.

What a class-ridden government we have !

"So seven little children cannot feed the ducks in the park.

What a class-ridden government we have !"

7 or more Children can go play football for an organised covid secure team event and many other organised sport too.

bournemouth

Of course they can as long as they keep two metres apart just the same as the shooters or football fans etc etc.

Of course they can as long as they keep two metres apart just the same as the shooters or football fans etc etc."

So the rest of the population cannot be trusted to keep two metres apart but grouse shooters can be ?

Even at the after-shoot party ?

Come on, why the exception for them of all people?

liverpool

You only just realised that?

You only just realised that?"

Known it all along.

Just pointing it out to any who didn’t know.

By *eovilcouple76Couple  over a year ago

yeovil

"Animals have rights, has God's beings on this earth, to live with dignity and be treated with respect. I fail to see what anyone could get from hunting and killing, gods creatures other than to eat to live.

I'd rather eat a pheasant that has lived a wild life than a chicken that has never seen daylight.

"

Think you need to go back to school and do some research. Grouse are WILD birds and are not “bred and then transported”.

I am seriously considering becoming a vegetarian, has I am disgusted at the treatment of animals, and feeling ashamed at the way they are abused and tortured for the food industry. I know we have to eat, and I always buy free range meat and eggs, but feel ashamed at eating them non the less.

midlands

"I am seriously considering becoming a vegetarian, has I am disgusted at the treatment of animals, and feeling ashamed at the way they are abused and tortured for the food industry. I know we have to eat, and I always buy free range meat and eggs, but feel ashamed at eating them non the less. "

My mates mrs has recently gone veggie after watching something on tv, but is still a massive horse racing fan.. the difference being one for food, one for entertainment is the wrong way round in her head

"

So the rest of the population cannot be trusted to keep two metres apart but grouse shooters can be ?

Come on, why the exception for them of all people?"

But it isn't JUST THEM IS IT?

Angling

Baseball / Softball

Basketball

Canoeing / Kayaking

Caving

Climbing

Curling

Cricket

Dodgeball

Dragon Boat Racing

Equestrian

Floorball

Football

Gaelic Sports

Goalball

Hockey

Hunting - some forms

Ice Hockey

Lacrosse

Netball

Octopush

Polo

Roller Sports

Rowing

Rugby League

Rugby Union

Rounders

Sailing/Yachting

Ultimate Frisbee

Volleyball

...Up on the Downs

Of course they can as long as they keep two metres apart just the same as the shooters or football fans etc etc.

Come on, why the exception for them of all people?"

It isn't - it's virtually any ORGANISED outdoor activity.

Eastbourne

Not enough lead?

"

I remember back in the 90's being told by a pest control bloke that some rats are immune to the poison used, so they have to shoot them.

upton wirral

"At PMQ this week the deputy leader of the Labour party said Boris' friend has two grouse farms and she wasn't challenged. "
The answer is So what you jealous

For anyone interested there was a under cover report on how on the moors near goathland, how the gamekeepers are killing of a protect bird called a "goshawk" to protect the grouse.

Just seem it on channel 4 news at 7.30...so will be 4+1 at 8.30.

If your interested

Leeds

"At PMQ this week the deputy leader of the Labour party said Boris' friend has two grouse farms and she wasn't challenged.

The answer is So what you jealous"

I have no desire whatsoever to own two grouse farms

By *elsh_naturist_coupleCouple  over a year ago

Newport

Get your facts straight. Fix hunting is illegal and has been for sometime.

The banning of it affected people of all walks of life. It wasn't what you thought just for toffs a snobs. A lot of people would put all there effort and money into looking after a horse and enjoyed a hunt.

To many people from outside of the countryside try to tell them how to run the countryside. When all they can do if fuck up the city's.what gives them the right to tell people who have been managing the countryside for 100yrs what to do!

Incidently I don't hunt nor do I want to hunt just got my eyes open!

Hi op

Of course its not right nor fair.

The possibility of a circuit lockdown means no meeting of friends or colleagues.

Fox hunting is cruel and barbaric, leave the foxes alone, bunch of bullies

I'll take it no one was interested then...

"

Angling

Baseball / Softball

Basketball

Canoeing / Kayaking

Caving

Climbing

Curling

Cricket

Dodgeball

Dragon Boat Racing

Equestrian

Floorball

Football

Gaelic Sports

Goalball

Hockey

Hunting - some forms

Ice Hockey

Lacrosse

Netball

Octopush

Polo

Roller Sports

Rowing

Rugby League

Rugby Union

Rounders

Sailing/Yachting

Ultimate Frisbee

Volleyball

"

Hunting should be declassified as a sport. It's only a sport when the other side has a chance of winning.

"

Angling

Baseball / Softball

Basketball

Canoeing / Kayaking

Caving

Climbing

Curling

Cricket

Dodgeball

Dragon Boat Racing

Equestrian

Floorball

Football

Gaelic Sports

Goalball

Hockey

Hunting - some forms

Ice Hockey

Lacrosse

Netball

Octopush

Polo

Roller Sports

Rowing

Rugby League

Rugby Union

Rounders

Sailing/Yachting

Ultimate Frisbee

Volleyball

Hunting should be declassified as a sport. It's only a sport when the other side has a chance of winning. "

Perfectly put- thank you x

By *plpxp2Couple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

A group of 7 watching wildlife together, or taking 7 kids to feed the ducks is illegal unless you're planning on killing the animals and then its a legal sport. 2020 really doesn't make sense

"A group of 7 watching wildlife together, or taking 7 kids to feed the ducks is illegal unless you're planning on killing the animals and then its a legal sport. 2020 really doesn't make sense "

But Boris's rule of six has worked so well! It's world beating. Tomorrow he will announce that the virus has been wiped out because the virus can't count. It's worked very well elsewhere in the world in the following countries:

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

"A group of 7 watching wildlife together, or taking 7 kids to feed the ducks is illegal unless you're planning on killing the animals and then its a legal sport. 2020 really doesn't make sense "

It’s utter insanity

"A group of 7 watching wildlife together, or taking 7 kids to feed the ducks is illegal unless you're planning on killing the animals and then its a legal sport. 2020 really doesn't make sense

But Boris's rule of six has worked so well! It's world beating. Tomorrow he will announce that the virus has been wiped out because the virus can't count. It's worked very well elsewhere in the world in the following countries:

"

But it's a good time keeper and like to spread after 10.00pm...aye they have a cunning plan on that one

"A group of 7 watching wildlife together, or taking 7 kids to feed the ducks is illegal unless you're planning on killing the animals and then its a legal sport. 2020 really doesn't make sense

But it's a good time keeper and like to spread after 10.00pm...aye they have a cunning plan on that one "

The government has worked out that the virus has to sleep sometime too right? I wonder how it will cope with daylight saving...?

Do other governments have patents on the way they have handled their Covid-19? I'm just wondering why our government is so determined to "think outside the box" rather than use tried and tested methods that work.

But it's a good time keeper and like to spread after 10.00pm...aye they have a cunning plan on that one

The government has worked out that the virus has to sleep sometime too right? I wonder how it will cope with daylight saving...?

Do other governments have patents on the way they have handled their Covid-19? I'm just wondering why our government is so determined to "think outside the box" rather than use tried and tested methods that work."

Some one must have told them it works like mozzies...come out at night

I know several shoots that have been cancelled this season due to covid. Yes there are some still happening, but at least it's outdoors and distanced unlike the bars and clubs where people (not the staff or establishments) haven't gave a rats arse about social distancing or mask wearing.

Do other governments have patents on the way they have handled their Covid-19? I'm just wondering why our government is so determined to "think outside the box" rather than use tried and tested methods that work.

Some one must have told them it works like mozzies...come out at night "

I have been provided an answer as to why a curfew improves the data. It has to do with false positives that are caused by external factors. The fact I can't say what they are should tell you what they are...

I have been provided an answer as to why a curfew improves the data. It has to do with false positives that are caused by external factors. The fact I can't say what they are should tell you what they are..."

Who provided you with that?

Sounds like boris

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Angling

Baseball / Softball

Basketball

Canoeing / Kayaking

Caving

Climbing

Curling

Cricket

Dodgeball

Dragon Boat Racing

Equestrian

Floorball

Football

Gaelic Sports

Goalball

Hockey

Hunting - some forms

Ice Hockey

Lacrosse

Netball

Octopush

Polo

Roller Sports

Rowing

Rugby League

Rugby Union

Rounders

Sailing/Yachting

Ultimate Frisbee

Volleyball

This. Let's just have a more balanced view of things.

I have been provided an answer as to why a curfew improves the data. It has to do with false positives that are caused by external factors. The fact I can't say what they are should tell you what they are...

Who provided you with that?

Sounds like boris"

Nope. There was an outbreak at a number of clubs, I won't say where but it turned out that the people didn't have Covid-19 but had something else in common related to getting one through a long night of partying and not something one would do just prior to having an early night.

With this information it makes me wonder how many people are truly asymptomatic or just test positive because of a penchant for columbian exports. And I don't mean coffee.

Eastbourne

"

Angling

Baseball / Softball

Basketball

Canoeing / Kayaking

Caving

Climbing

Curling

Cricket

Dodgeball

Dragon Boat Racing

Equestrian

Floorball

Football

Gaelic Sports

Goalball

Hockey

Hunting - some forms

Ice Hockey

Lacrosse

Netball

Octopush

Polo

Roller Sports

Rowing

Rugby League

Rugby Union

Rounders

Sailing/Yachting

Ultimate Frisbee

Volleyball

Hunting should be declassified as a sport. It's only a sport when the other side has a chance of winning. "

That's why paintball and airsoft was invented, you can legally shoot the shit out of someone just for fun.

Under the law hunts now follow a trail. In addition the hunts are mostly Ltd companies and are strict as to rules. As they are generally well managed and the field tend to do as they are told. Unlike groups of teenagers and city folk who tend to ignore the guidelines. Most people who are actively trying to stop trail hunting believe those involved are privileged toffs. It's been a class war for years even though in modern times its definitely not a pastime of the posh!

liverpool

"Hunt parties are exempt from the new “rule of six” laws, it seems - what are people’s thoughts on this? Does it seem fair? Does it seem to contradict other guidance? Will you be harnessing your horse and taking full advantage of the law saying you can join in a gang and rip a fox apart, but can’t have granny round for tea?! I will be very much interested to read your thoughts below!

Under the law hunts now follow a trail. In addition the hunts are mostly Ltd companies and are strict as to rules. As they are generally well managed and the field tend to do as they are told. Unlike groups of teenagers and city folk who tend to ignore the guidelines. Most people who are actively trying to stop trail hunting believe those involved are privileged toffs. It's been a class war for years even though in modern times its definitely not a pastime of the posh! "

No.

Its just undertaken by people who enjoy watching animals get torn to shreds.

This:

The Independent:

Boris Johnson said he ‘loved’ fox hunting in a ‘semi-sexual’ way and encouraged illegal hunts to ignore ban

Jon Stone 18/07/2020

Under the law hunts now follow a trail. In addition the hunts are mostly Ltd companies and are strict as to rules. As they are generally well managed and the field tend to do as they are told. Unlike groups of teenagers and city folk who tend to ignore the guidelines. Most people who are actively trying to stop trail hunting believe those involved are privileged toffs. It's been a class war for years even though in modern times its definitely not a pastime of the posh!

No.

Its just undertaken by people who enjoy watching animals get torn to shreds."

No it's not. But as per usual everyone has their own opinions despite the real truth beging less exciting

liverpool

No.

No it's not. But as per usual everyone has their own opinions despite the real truth beging less exciting "

Well it is as that's what they do.

Chelmsford

Lionel.. sit down..

I agree with you

No.

No it's not. But as per usual everyone has their own opinions despite the real truth beging less exciting

Well it is as that's what they do."

Come out and see

liverpool

No.

Well it is as that's what they do.

Come out and see "

Nah your ok.

Chelmsford

I have seen it..

"Hunt parties are exempt from the new “rule of six” laws, it seems - what are people’s thoughts on this? Does it seem fair? Does it seem to contradict other guidance? Will you be harnessing your horse and taking full advantage of the law saying you can join in a gang and rip a fox apart, but can’t have granny round for tea?! I will be very much interested to read your thoughts below! There are many exemptions why pick on hunting?"

Because there are those that do, with their own agendas, never let facts get in the way of an argument lol

"I suppose its "an organised sporting event" (if you can call shooting hundreds of birds....specifically bred to be shot a "sport").

I've just come back in from a fishing trip in Looe. 10 of us, plus skipper on a 33 foot boat. Also doesn't come under the "rule of 6" apparently....

so shooting birds is bad, but fishing is ok???????, oh yes i forgot fish dont feel pain"

Yes definitely asking for that one.