FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Covid could actually be a dress rehearsal

Covid could actually be a dress rehearsal

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Kept sky news on after the briefing and they had a spokeswoman from the WHO on. She said something a few of my friends said when this first started and that is they believe covid could be manageable in the relatively near future.

However what they also believe is we could be soon seeing another pandemic that is far more deadly, and that we as a society need to learn to live like this.

Found it to be a very interesting comment.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Kept sky news on after the briefing and they had a spokeswoman from the WHO on. She said something a few of my friends said when this first started and that is they believe covid could be manageable in the relatively near future.

However what they also believe is we could be soon seeing another pandemic that is far more deadly, and that we as a society need to learn to live like this.

Found it to be a very interesting comment. "

Watch the second half hour of Extinction: the facts (Attenborough). It'll explain why.

"Kept sky news on after the briefing and they had a spokeswoman from the WHO on. She said something a few of my friends said when this first started and that is they believe covid could be manageable in the relatively near future.

Watch the second half hour of Extinction: the facts (Attenborough). It'll explain why. "

I'll get on that tonight. Thank you.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"

But said in the sense that 'it could happen' not 'it will happen'?

"

But said in the sense that 'it could happen' not 'it will happen'?

"

I recommend watching the extinction documentary, that has been recommended too me. Like I say I thought it was a very interesting comment to make.

See what I don't get about Attenborough is that he has spent his whole life filling the Planet with Carbon and then spending 10 years denying to the World that it was an issue 'cos it wasn't sexy enough for TV' and now he's back in Hero of the Moment Land setting us straight in our ways.

By *havennaturistsCouple  over a year ago

Banff

The population of the world is approaching 8 billion. Scientists suggest that 9-10 billion is the maximum the planet has resources for. Nature always looks after itself.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Possible

Yea. Watched they clip and nothing that we didn't know at the start of this Pandemic - We have a terrible relationship with wildlife - but this isn't the Asian Continent and unless we can have influence there we are powerless to change it.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

When the chinese bat lady genome traced coronavirus in bats and attached them to human lung tissue, they found 12 that could easily over run the tissue.

The closer we get to wildlife the more viruses we will catch its inevitable

"See what I don't get about Attenborough is that he has spent his whole life filling the Planet with Carbon and then spending 10 years denying to the World that it was an issue 'cos it wasn't sexy enough for TV' and now he's back in Hero of the Moment Land setting us straight in our ways.

"

Perhaps we could just be pleased that he has had his road to Damascus moment and is now using his considerable influence for good?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

We will get future new infections and have been having them at around a 10 years frequency. Each 1 may be worse or better than those that came before. They may be more frequent and the current virus may seem like a fluffy kitten, compared to the next.

Human behaviour is providing the opportunities in large part, due to our intrusion and disruption of the natural world. We've not planned to stop doing this.

We've probably been very fortunate that this has been fairly easy to manage, even if we didn't universally get to do it. There are untold numbers of viruses within other animal hosts that could crossover to us, probably having been denied opportunities to do so before, as we were largely outside of natural habitats. As we drive other species to extinction, this may be how we do it for ourselves.

"See what I don't get about Attenborough is that he has spent his whole life filling the Planet with Carbon and then spending 10 years denying to the World that it was an issue 'cos it wasn't sexy enough for TV' and now he's back in Hero of the Moment Land setting us straight in our ways.

Perhaps we could just be pleased that he has had his road to Damascus moment and is now using his considerable influence for good?"

That's cool - but nobody will even ask him the question.

Perhaps we could just be pleased that he has had his road to Damascus moment and is now using his considerable influence for good?

That's cool - but nobody will even ask him the question. "

Is that his fault? Maybe he’d just say “in the past I was wrong not to speak out about it but I realised my error and am making up for it now.”

Would that satisfy you?

Is that his fault? Maybe he’d just say “in the past I was wrong not to speak out about it but I realised my error and am making up for it now.”

Would that satisfy you?"

Well. Actually yes it might !!!

Would that satisfy you?

Well. Actually yes it might !!! "

It’s just thought it was an odd thing to get annoyed about to be honest,

Would that satisfy you?

It’s just thought it was an odd thing to get annoyed about to be honest,"

It's just your opinion that I was annoyed - Is everything that you write in the realm of 'looking annoyed'?

"

"The population of the world is approaching 8 billion. Scientists suggest that 9-10 billion is the maximum the planet has resources for. Nature always looks after itself."

Not scientists surely??

Most of the earths land mass is empty.

We're feeding more than ever and finding news ways to increase food output and cure disease. This type of crap has been going on since Malthas ,or however you spell his name.

The future is not written.

It's if not when. The WHO are like the IMF and the UN...fikin useless.

People are going to worry themselves to death about this .

It's amazing how great mankind is and how much we can advance medicine,technology ....

We're fukin great. There's no limit to what we can achieve.

Attenborough is a moaning faced old git. The king of doom. If he hates mankind is much he could start by sparing us anymore if his whinney presence,dig a hope and jump in.

I think it was in the two part Horizon documentary re covid, that I first heard about us encroaching in on habitat where viruses have lived with animals, perhaps symbiotically. And as such are closer to potential new viruses for humans. Attenborough's prog relays how we encroach upon habitat wherefrom the large animals migrate, leaving the small animals such as rodents and bats to proliferate that area without fear of predators. That in itself increases the numbers and risk of the viruses becoming zoonotic.

The horizon prog does show that there are researchers following these encroachments and trends of virus growth and change. Theoretically they are there at the beginning of potential pandemics but need funding and perhaps eventually, can nip things in the bud, but need funding.

"The population of the world is approaching 8 billion. Scientists suggest that 9-10 billion is the maximum the planet has resources for. Nature always looks after itself.

Not scientists surely??

We're feeding more than ever and finding news ways to increase food output and cure disease. This type of crap has been going on since Malthas ,or however you spell his name.

It's amazing how great mankind is and how much we can advance medicine,technology ....

Attenborough is a moaning faced old git. The king of doom. If he hates mankind is much he could start by sparing us anymore if his whinney presence,dig a hope and jump in.

"

Could you, too? Asking for a friend

Well I think the biggest easing of lockdown and progress with Covid vaccines, research etc will be on the 1st April 2021 (before Midday).

Would that satisfy you?

It's just your opinion that I was annoyed - Is everything that you write in the realm of 'looking annoyed'? "

Just to change tack slightly

What is your opinion on

NETFLIX star jerry harris ?

Or its show Cuties allowing

11 year olds to twerk on screen?

I wont subscribe to a company like that peddling it's utter filth !!

Would that satisfy you?

It's just your opinion that I was annoyed - Is everything that you write in the realm of 'looking annoyed'?

Just to change tack slightly

What is your opinion on

NETFLIX star jerry harris ?

Or its show Cuties allowing

11 year olds to twerk on screen?

I wont subscribe to a company like that peddling it's utter filth !!"

When you say change tack slightly

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

"

It beats pontificating in echo chambers on the internet.

"The population of the world is approaching 8 billion. Scientists suggest that 9-10 billion is the maximum the planet has resources for. Nature always looks after itself.

Not scientists surely??

"

I'm glad mankind is so amazing. Can we get some of them over here so we can develop a track and trace system that actually works?

Covid-19 tests???

Anything really...

Would that satisfy you?

It's just your opinion that I was annoyed - Is everything that you write in the realm of 'looking annoyed'? "

Well I can only go off what you write and that’s how it came across.

"

What are you talking about ,

By *addoggyMan  over a year ago

leeds

It's deffo gonna happen something massive,so if anyone wants a right good pussy licking before it happens message me??

Not scientists surely??

I'm glad mankind is so amazing. Can we get some of them over here so we can develop a track and trace system that actually works?

Covid-19 tests???

Anything really..."

Track and trace...more farce.

Not scientists surely??

Could you, too? Asking for a friend "

Wayhay another doom merchant.

By *arentsgonebadCouple  over a year ago

sheffield

Never heard so much bollocks in my Life

"Well I think the biggest easing of lockdown and progress with Covid vaccines, research etc will be on the 1st April 2021 (before Midday). "

These scientists are very ingenious,a couple of them recently brought the Spanish flu back from the dead by extracting it out of the lungs of a couple of frozen dead ww1 soldiers, it's totally amazing what they can do these days

Not scientists surely??

Wayhay another doom merchant. "

Let me guess, your a climate change and COVID denier ?

Not scientists surely??

Covid-19 tests???

Anything really...

Track and trace...more farce."

I know. Clearly beyond our capability

"These scientists are very ingenious,a couple of them recently brought the Spanish flu back from the dead by extracting it out of the lungs of a couple of frozen dead ww1 soldiers, it's totally amazing what they can do these days "

I just hope they keep this one safe in the laboratory where it belongs this time

"It's deffo gonna happen something massive,so if anyone wants a right good pussy licking before it happens message me??"

My pussy is self cleaning thanks. But if you want a fur ball...

"It's deffo gonna happen something massive,so if anyone wants a right good pussy licking before it happens message me??

My pussy is self cleaning thanks. But if you want a fur ball... "

Veet works well for fur balls. But don't leave it on too long

Not scientists surely??

Let me guess, your a climate change and COVID denier ? "

Hahahaha climate change. Oh please stop haha.

The climate has always changed. Are you one of the many who think man is responsible for all climate change?

97% of the CO2 in the atmosphere comes from the planet . We add about 3%. It's a micro gas. It makes up about 0.04% of all the gas in the atmosphere.But you think the 3% we put there is responsible for all climate change. Hahahaha.

Not scientists surely??

The climate has always changed. Are you one of the many who think man is responsible for all climate change?

97% of the CO2 in the atmosphere comes from the planet . We add about 3%. It's a micro gas. It makes up about 0.04% of all the gas in the atmosphere.But you think the 3% we put there is responsible for all climate change. Hahahaha."

I guess people have to say Anthropological Climate change.

The ozone layer is only 3mm thick and only 0.00006 percent of the earths atmosphere... so I guess we don't need it....

I guess 97% of the world's scientists need the benefit of your wisdom. The epidemiologists too... your talent is being wasted.

Not scientists surely??

97% of the CO2 in the atmosphere comes from the planet . We add about 3%. It's a micro gas. It makes up about 0.04% of all the gas in the atmosphere.But you think the 3% we put there is responsible for all climate change. Hahahaha.

The ozone layer is only 3mm thick and only 0.00006 percent of the earths atmosphere... so I guess we don't need it....

I guess 97% of the world's scientists need the benefit of your wisdom. The epidemiologists too... your talent is being wasted."

97%. Really. What field are the experts in?

I question that.

And why are you waffling about red ozone layer? I can see no link.

Will there be another pandemic, almost certainly.

Will it be as bad or worse than covid, there is no way to know.

There have always been pandemics. The more numerous, mobile and densely packed humanity becomes the greater the likelihood becomes of their being a pandemic.

There are things we can do to manage the risk but there is nothing we can do that will eliminate it.

How bad that pandemic will be depends on lots of variables - the profile of the disease, how transmissible it is, who it affects, how lethal it it, how it spreads, how quickly it mutates and hundreds of other things.

So what can we do to limit the risk?

We can pay more attention to what's going on around the world for a start. Remember that the next Covid is less than 24 hours away from anywhere on earth.

We may need to consider imposing quarantine on travelers from countries who won't or can't enforce basic biosecurity regulations (ie. get rid of 'wet markets' and ban eating of wild animals)

We may need to react more quickly to close borders when disease outbreaks with pandemic potential occur.

We should try to find ways to continue international commerce without compromising the biosecurity of the country.

We should resource our health services adequately so that they are better able to deal with pandemic situations.

Our status as an island nation gives us an advantage - we need to learn how to use it properly.

Not scientists surely??

I guess 97% of the world's scientists need the benefit of your wisdom. The epidemiologists too... your talent is being wasted.

I question that.

And why are you waffling about red ozone layer? I can see no link."

97% of the world's scientists are in consensus about Anthropological climate change.

Oh I see. I waffle do I? And you just know things. It must be very pleasing to be such a superior specimen of a human being.

The point of bringing up the ozone layer is that it in percentage terms it is negligible but has a huge effect on our existence.

So let's talk percentages. The Amazon rain forest produces 20% of the world's oxygen. The Amazon rainforest also produces most of it's own rainfall. Meaning that once enough of it is destroyed the rest will die on its own. Another 66% of the world's oxygen is produced by Phytoplankton which are very sensitive to pH. As you will know the sea is increasing in acidity. So that's 86% of the world's oxygen at risk...

Not scientists surely??

I question that.

97% of the world's scientists are in consensus about Anthropological climate change.

Oh I see. I waffle do I? And you just know things. It must be very pleasing to be such a superior specimen of a human being.

The point of bringing up the ozone layer is that it in percentage terms it is negligible but has a huge effect on our existence.

So let's talk percentages. The Amazon rain forest produces 20% of the world's oxygen. The Amazon rainforest also produces most of it's own rainfall. Meaning that once enough of it is destroyed the rest will die on its own. Another 66% of the world's oxygen is produced by Phytoplankton which are very sensitive to pH. As you will know the sea is increasing in acidity. So that's 86% of the world's oxygen at risk..."

The coral reefs provide a lot don't they. The same coral reefs that could be gone by 2055.

Not scientists surely??

I question that.

So let's talk percentages. The Amazon rain forest produces 20% of the world's oxygen. The Amazon rainforest also produces most of it's own rainfall. Meaning that once enough of it is destroyed the rest will die on its own. Another 66% of the world's oxygen is produced by Phytoplankton which are very sensitive to pH. As you will know the sea is increasing in acidity. So that's 86% of the world's oxygen at risk...

The coral reefs provide a lot don't they. The same coral reefs that could be gone by 2055."

They have had three bleaching events in the last five years.

Of the reefs surveyed this year about a quarter were severely affected, while a further 35% had modest levels of bleaching.

These have been the worst on record.

(Total natural of course!)

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

"Never heard so much bollocks in my Life "

Stick around

» Add a new message to this topic