FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Anyone higher risk to Covid19 as a DIRECT result of lifestyle choices be forced change or fined?

Anyone higher risk to Covid19 as a DIRECT result of lifestyle choices be forced change or fined?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *J OP   Couple  over a year ago

Teesside

Hello fabbers

There was an interesting debate going on at work yesterday so I thought I'd put it on here for opinions.

Should anyone who is higher risk to Covid19 as a DIRECT result of their lifestyle choices be forced to address this or face fines?

I.E reduce your risk through healthy eating and exercise etc or face fines.

Let's tackle the obesity, unhealthy lifestyles as everyone wants to do everything possible to fight the virus correct?

Maybe create more jobs such as fitness and eating marshals?

Of course this excludes those who due to medical conditions have no control or ability to change their conditions / risk level.

The science clearly shows much higher death rates in countries with higher obesity and unhealthy lifestyles e.g USA and UK for starters.

Countries like Vietnam with extremely low obesity have done far better although many other factors have come into play.

Many believe even countries such as India with a population of 1 billion where Covid19 is running rife would be seeing way more deaths if they had obesity levels like the UK and USA.

Now many posters here that post if you loose your job, career, can't feed your family, loose your home etc to the full lockdowns they are crying out for say whilst that's sad it's kinda tough shit and needed to save lives.

Surely people of that mindset would be supporting the above as well as it could also save lives right?

I mean it shouldn't matter if Jack loves his Maccdonalds, fast foods and utterly abbores any form exercise. Once over pre covid under normal freedoms that was fine but the game has changed yeah?

His direct choices have increased his risk, he could contribute further burden to the NHS fight against covid so we must force him to act or fine him right?

(Note this is a summary of the views of a group of people discussing this so I have collated them for the purpose of debate)

KJ

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aughtycp1Couple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Whatever happened to free choice ? I prefer a free country

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Fitness and eating marshals?

I can see them now. With a little desk and clipboard outside Greggs.

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

Fitness and eating marshalls?!

We’re fitter and eat more healthy than most, but that’s our choice, not a matter for the state or anyone else.

Incredible.

Teesside

"Whatever happened to free choice ? I prefer a free country"

Me to I absolutely agree but let's be fair that shipped long sailed now at least until covid reaches some sort of end point.

Now many fab posters attest it's all about sacrifice, lose your job, home etc that's necessary now if it saves lives. By those arguments surely the above is necessary as well to save more lives and take some of the future burden away from the NHS.

We keep been told we all have to make sacrifices.

KJ

Bristol

"Whatever happened to free choice ? I prefer a free country

Me to I absolutely agree but let's be fair that shipped long sailed now at least until covid reaches some sort of end point.

Now many fab posters attest it's all about sacrifice, lose your job, home etc that's necessary now if it saves lives. By those arguments surely the above is necessary as well to save more lives and take some of the future burden away from the NHS.

KJ"

Maybe we should be encouraging the government to go about managing this crisis with basic competence before we start suggesting our nation should fall under a totalitarian regime.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Places like Vietnam and other countries with lower death rates due to Covid also have a much younger population on average. The UK, Italy, Spain etc all have an ageing population and a low birth rate.

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

My basic fitness is the best it's ever been. I compete at OCR at world level (not well, but I still qualify). I train at least 7 times a week, sometimes more. My 3 major lift weights are the best they've been and my 5km is the fastest it's been.

Today I have a lunch date at Mcdonalds, and a dinner with friends at a local all you can eat Chinese.

Do I still have to pay more if I get Covid?

Teesside

KJ

Maybe we should be encouraging the government to go about managing this crisis with basic competence before we start suggesting our nation should fall under a totalitarian regime. "

Again I agree 100%

Clearly your missing the point of the post.

These aren't my specific opinions they are taking from a group discussion at work. Some of those people have lost a hell of a lot in the name of lockdowns and saving lives etc.

Many fab posters believe we should do EVERYTHING to limit loss of life to covid. This was aimed at getting there opinions on the above. They have said loss of job, home are fair sacrifices for saving lives. So by that logic they would have similar opinions to the above right?

KJ

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

[Removed by poster at 26/09/20 10:41:00]

Teesside

"Places like Vietnam and other countries with lower death rates due to Covid also have a much younger population on average. The UK, Italy, Spain etc all have an ageing population and a low birth rate. "

That was acknowledged when It said although many other factors where at play

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Errrrr.

Nope.

Lose 5 stone or you are not going out?

Stop smoking or you will be refused entry to Medical Services?

Stop drinking because when you are d*unk around the town there is a chance that you could trip and end up in an Ambulance?

Control your diabetes because you are a burden to us all.

Don't be a Swinger because you are closer generally closer to STD's than the general population?

The list is endless.

And that's not even mentioning the ramifications of a social underclass it would create. With attitudes of Superiority and Rule.

Non-starter lol

Bristol

KJ

Maybe we should be encouraging the government to go about managing this crisis with basic competence before we start suggesting our nation should fall under a totalitarian regime.

Again I agree 100%

These aren't my specific opinions they are taking from a group discussion at work. Some of those people have lost a hell of a lot in the name of lockdowns and saving lives etc.

Many fab posters believe we should do EVERYTHING to limit loss of life to covid. This was aimed at getting there opinions on the above. They have said loss of job, home are fair sacrifices for saving lives. So by that logic they would have similar opinions to the above right?

KJ

"

You should ask them how they voted, and what they are doing to hold the current government to account. Their thoughts on those two issues may be worthy of discussion - and if they have covered those topics sufficiently and with enough rigour it spares some mental energy for frankly crazy schemes such as food and exercise marshals, then personally I’d be amazed.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

No. It's a policy of ignorance that would try to distill complex issues down to facile simplistic nonsense.

Life is full of risks and unanswered questions upon human physiology and health. We hardly grasp the complexities of many things, with so much unknown. We therefore cannot apportion blame for things that we are ignorant about.

The terrible American health system that is constantly looking for reasons to cut cover for you, so that they can increase profit compared to our healthier system, should be a warning to the uninformed.

By *dores blackmenWoman  over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

So you think we should be fined for being obese,I was told I was obese when I was a size 12,so that will mean fining a majority of the population

Fat Marshall's there is enough fat bashing in society as it is

By *addyBabygirl2020Couple  over a year ago

norwich

"My basic fitness is the best it's ever been. I compete at OCR at world level (not well, but I still qualify). I train at least 7 times a week, sometimes more. My 3 major lift weights are the best they've been and my 5km is the fastest it's been.

Today I have a lunch date at Mcdonalds, and a dinner with friends at a local all you can eat Chinese.

Do I still have to pay more if I get Covid?"

By *addyBabygirl2020Couple  over a year ago

norwich

why fine them, surely if the threat of covid is as dangerous as they say that should be enough of a deterrent?

Fuck me just when you think you’ve seen it all you come across a thread like this . I can’t believe actual people were discussing this like it’s an option .

3 fines and they still aren’t complying let’s just start a culling aye

By *ab jamesMan  over a year ago

ribble valley

"Hello fabbers

There was an interesting debate going on at work yesterday so I thought I'd put it on here for opinions.

Should anyone who is higher risk to Covid19 as a DIRECT result of their lifestyle choices be forced to address this or face fines?

Let's tackle the obesity, unhealthy lifestyles as everyone wants to do everything possible to fight the virus correct?

Of course this excludes those who due to medical conditions have no control or ability to change their conditions / risk level.

The science clearly shows much higher death rates in countries with higher obesity and unhealthy lifestyles e.g USA and UK for starters.

Countries like Vietnam with extremely low obesity have done far better although many other factors have come into play.

Many believe even countries such as India with a population of 1 billion where Covid19 is running rife would be seeing way more deaths if they had obesity levels like the UK and USA.

Now many posters here that post if you loose your job, career, can't feed your family, loose your home etc to the full lockdowns they are crying out for say whilst that's sad it's kinda tough shit and needed to save lives.

Surely people of that mindset would be supporting the above as well as it could also save lives right?

I mean it shouldn't matter if Jack loves his Maccdonalds, fast foods and utterly abbores any form exercise. Once over pre covid under normal freedoms that was fine but the game has changed yeah?

His direct choices have increased his risk, he could contribute further burden to the NHS fight against covid so we must force him to act or fine him right?

(Note this is a summary of the views of a group of people discussing this so I have collated them for the purpose of debate)

KJ

"

So anything that carries a risk.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Fat people already know they are at high risk of many more diseases and it's up to them.

The NHS rightly refuses to treat fat people for various things such as knee replacement

By *ushy 99Man  over a year ago

portsmouth

How can you fine someone for living life the way the want? We make our own choices in life and just because a virus comes around should mean anyone should be forced to change the way they live.

"How can you fine someone for living life the way the want? We make our own choices in life and just because a virus comes around should mean anyone should be forced to change the way they live. "

Have you not been watching the news. That ship sailed a while ago.

Teesside

"Fuck me just when you think you’ve seen it all you come across a thread like this . I can’t believe actual people were discussing this like it’s an option .

3 fines and they still aren’t complying let’s just start a culling aye "

Sadly this year has seen people turn on each other ways I have never expected it's awful imo.

Look at the students in Scotland hemmed into halls can't really do anything but there course online.

The government and the universities told them to come stay at the universities.

Now some sections of the society vilify them.

The point is there's a section of fab and the population who believe no sacrifice is to great if it saves covid lives.

Jobs, cancer screening, rising mental health damage, loss of home all acceptable losses due to a potential 2nd lockdown as long as it reduces covid deaths.

Some may argue that changes in diet and taking some exercise isn't a terrible sacrifice to make to support the effort.

I have come to find through my friends that those in permanent jobs who are working at home until Jan 21 before it's reviewed again and therefore immune to full lockdown 2 are all in favour of a 2nd lockdown. Same with people I know on benefits for whom it won't make any difference and if anything give them a chance to curb spending (their words). Ask them to make some sacrifice to thier lifestyles that might help reduce NHS burdens even deaths such as eating healthier and taking some exercise and your met with total indignation similar to some of the above posts.

KJ

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

I say if they can't take a hint, let them go.

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

"Fat people already know they are at high risk of many more diseases and it's up to them.

The NHS rightly refuses to treat fat people for various things such as knee replacement

"

So fat people expect me to wear a mask to protect them but aren't prepared to do something that will have much bigger effect to protect themselves?

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

If overweight people and smokers don’t see this as a turning point in their lives then that’s their business. The risk is all to see even before Covid.

Fining or taking punitive measures against people essentially just being who they are is a very slippery slope to a totalitarian way of life.

That’s some Margaret Atwood shit.

Tonbridge

Perhaps if 30% of the UK were not obese and another 35% overweight, then the death rate would be so low that we wouldn't be entering another lock down.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Perhaps if 30% of the UK were not obese and another 35% overweight, then the death rate would be so low that we wouldn't be entering another lock down."

65% of the population are overweight/obese?

liverpool

"No. It's a policy of ignorance that would try to distill complex issues down to facile simplistic nonsense.

Life is full of risks and unanswered questions upon human physiology and health. We hardly grasp the complexities of many things, with so much unknown. We therefore cannot apportion blame for things that we are ignorant about.

The terrible American health system that is constantly looking for reasons to cut cover for you, so that they can increase profit compared to our healthier system, should be a warning to the uninformed. "

Spot on as usual

KJ"

absolutely not, there is a big difference between social distancing and wearing a mask to protect others (common decency) and being fined for having a burger because it might cause you to have a worse case of it if you get it

shall we start fining smokers when they turn up at the doctor with lung cancer, fine the swingers if they present with an std, sorry cant cut you out of that car crash and take you to a&e til you pay up for your own damn stupid choice of driving a car

We have managed to get ourselves into a situation where a covid death takes higher priority than any other type of death. That is just absurd.

Isn't obesity only one of the risk factors for covid? What about old age, asthma, diabetes, heart conditions, race, being male, other health conditions etc etc?

liverpool

"We have managed to get ourselves into a situation where a covid death takes higher priority than any other type of death. That is just absurd."

Except that's not really true is it?

"No. It's a policy of ignorance that would try to distill complex issues down to facile simplistic nonsense.

The terrible American health system that is constantly looking for reasons to cut cover for you, so that they can increase profit compared to our healthier system, should be a warning to the uninformed. "

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Nailed it..

We've got the husband of Dido Harding as on the record of introduction of a health insurance scheme rather than the NHS..

Be careful of what some might think a good idea in theory ends up as a complete nightmare in reality..

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

If the government wished, it could be imposed, they have done it before. As yet Boris does not have the minerals to ask the Queen to be able get the permission he needs.

"If the government wished, it could be imposed, they have done it before. As yet Boris does not have the minerals to ask the Queen to be able get the permission he needs. "

genuinely my history is crap ... when was it done before?

By *imited 3EditionCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

KJ

Again I agree 100%

KJ

"

I hear you and see the parallels... it's about enforcing behaviours that would reduce impact on NHS in both short and long term.

It's the sad truth that people are quick to view negatively those without masks as if they're a direct threat to you but not the obese junk food addict who will wear a mask without taking any responsibility for their own health and immune status.

healthy eating, fresh air, exercise and plenty of sunshine will do more to contribute to your health than a mask... but there is so little emphasis on encouraging these behaviours that it's laughable.

“ It's the sad truth that people are quick to view negatively those without masks as if they're a direct threat to you but not the obese junk food addict who will wear a mask without taking any responsibility for their own health and immune status.”

being an obese junk food addict or otherwise does nothing to increase or reduce the spread ... masks do ... an obese person is of no additional risk to you and that is the difference

KJ

Again I agree 100%

KJ

I hear you and see the parallels... it's about enforcing behaviours that would reduce impact on NHS in both short and long term.

It's the sad truth that people are quick to view negatively those without masks as if they're a direct threat to you but not the obese junk food addict who will wear a mask without taking any responsibility for their own health and immune status.

healthy eating, fresh air, exercise and plenty of sunshine will do more to contribute to your health than a mask... but there is so little emphasis on encouraging these behaviours that it's laughable.

"

Who is the biggest threat to you...the obese person wearing a mask or the thin person without a mask?

On the effectiveness of masks... one of the outcomes of a recent analysis:

"Although epidemiological studies do not support the hypothesis that masks are effective at reducing the transmission of respiratory infections, there is robust evidence from laboratory studies which measure the extent to which droplets and aerosol are dispersed. Droplets ejected by unfiltered sneezes can reach 7 – 8 metres (Bourouiba, 2020), coughs can reach 4 – 6 metres (Bourouiba et al, 2014) and aerosols more than 1 metre (Bourouiba et al, 2014;

Tang et al, 2009; Viola et al, 2020). The ranges depend on temperature, humidity and environmental airflows. Furthermore, there is evidence from this type of study that wearing a mask can reduce these distances to a few centimetres (Tang et al 2009; Viola et al, 2020).

Hence, from a mechanical point of view, there is evidence that masks CAN mitigate virus transmission. Of course, these fluid mechanics studies do not account for potential behavioural factors associated with mask use (e.g. perhaps touching your face more, washing your hands less, engaging more readily in high risk exposures, reusing a contaminated mask etc). As these may play a role in actual transmission rates there is an ongoing need for robust epidemiological studies to assess the real world impact of mask use on SARS-CoV-2 transmission rates."

Meaning: there is not enough epidemiological evidence and the evidence comes from lab based studies on fluid mechanistics.

Doesn't take into account the effect of behavioral factors.

So mask use does NOT equate with protection.

Having seen the number of ppl touch masks all over with their fingers and wearing them under their chins and noses - it does not take a genius to understand and expect this!

People need to stop being militant against one another and be kinder!

KJ

Again I agree 100%

KJ

Who is the biggest threat to you...the obese person wearing a mask or the thin person without a mask?"

Im actually the biggest threat to me. Full stop.

The anger I feel reading this is immense shall I go and do you a favour now OP and go and end my life just incase I end up being a burden. Oh funnily enough I’m a key worker and not a burden on the NHS I actually work my fat arse off day in day out for the NHS!!

And actually further to that despite being a fat fucker I was class low risk on the nhs risk assessment and I’m perfectly fine to work on a covid ward. I still can’t believe I’m reading this thread

Tonbridge

KJ

Again I agree 100%

KJ

Who is the biggest threat to you...the obese person wearing a mask or the thin person without a mask?"

That's not the question. The question is what is the biggest threat to a person, their obesity or someone else not wearing a mask?

Tonbridge

"And actually further to that despite being a fat fucker I was class low risk on the nhs risk assessment and I’m perfectly fine to work on a covid ward. I still can’t believe I’m reading this thread "

To be honest, practically everybody is low risk, that's the crazy thing about this situation.

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple  over a year ago

"The anger I feel reading this is immense shall I go and do you a favour now OP and go and end my life just incase I end up being a burden. Oh funnily enough I’m a key worker and not a burden on the NHS I actually work my fat arse off day in day out for the NHS!!

"

You my dear, deserve to be waited on hand and foot .. including being able to take proper breaks and be fed good food rather than having to inhale your food when you got 5 mins p break.

As for me, as someone who is unfit but not obese, i would love the provision of services that would help me get fit and eat more healthy... whatever that might look like. I have higher risk of developing diabetes at some point so if that can be avoided, it saves me being prone to covid AND being a burden on the NHS later on.

KJ

Again I agree 100%

KJ

Who is the biggest threat to you...the obese person wearing a mask or the thin person without a mask?

That's not the question. The question is what is the biggest threat to a person, their obesity or someone else not wearing a mask?"

As they catch it through breathing I would say the biggest threat is people around them not wearing a mask...their is no guarantee's on the outcome of catching it for many people.

So the protection of not getting it in the first place = wear a fucking mask ffs

How about therapy marshals to help address the reasons behind poor diet and exercise instead of just assuming people are fat or unhealthy through choice?

Tonbridge

"I would love the provision of services that would help me get fit and eat more healthy...

"

You mean a supermarket and your feet.

KJ

Again I agree 100%

KJ

That's not the question. The question is what is the biggest threat to a person, their obesity or someone else not wearing a mask?"

actually they are both questions ... which one is THE question which is more important to you is probably determined by where you land on the me vs community scale

By *aughtyBlokeKentMan  over a year ago

Kent/Gatwick area

"“ It's the sad truth that people are quick to view negatively those without masks as if they're a direct threat to you but not the obese junk food addict who will wear a mask without taking any responsibility for their own health and immune status.”

being an obese junk food addict or otherwise does nothing to increase or reduce the spread ... masks do ... an obese person is of no additional risk to you and that is the difference "

It's worthless to draw comparisons between attitudes to intervening with Covid precautions and other health conditions caused by lifestyle choices as if they should be equalised. Restrictions haven't been imposed merely as a cost saving exercise for the NHS - theyve been imposed as its the only way to curb the spread of a highly contagious virus that we are still only learning about. Interventions in obesity, smoking, STD's etc are non-urgent and purely educational unless there is a direct threat to others.

Tonbridge

"“ It's the sad truth that people are quick to view negatively those without masks as if they're a direct threat to you but not the obese junk food addict who will wear a mask without taking any responsibility for their own health and immune status.”

being an obese junk food addict or otherwise does nothing to increase or reduce the spread ... masks do ... an obese person is of no additional risk to you and that is the difference

It's worthless to draw comparisons between attitudes to intervening with Covid precautions and other health conditions caused by lifestyle choices as if they should be equalised. Restrictions haven't been imposed merely as a cost saving exercise for the NHS - theyve been imposed as its the only way to curb the spread of a highly contagious virus that we are still only learning about. Interventions in obesity, smoking, STD's etc are non-urgent and purely educational unless there is a direct threat to others. "

Except that if everyone was fit and a healthy weight then that, plus the lack of associated diseases, would probably mean that the death rate would have so low that there would have been no lock down in the first place.

It's worthless to draw comparisons between attitudes to intervening with Covid precautions and other health conditions caused by lifestyle choices as if they should be equalised. Restrictions haven't been imposed merely as a cost saving exercise for the NHS - theyve been imposed as its the only way to curb the spread of a highly contagious virus that we are still only learning about. Interventions in obesity, smoking, STD's etc are non-urgent and purely educational unless there is a direct threat to others.

Except that if everyone was fit and a healthy weight then that, plus the lack of associated diseases, would probably mean that the death rate would have so low that there would have been no lock down in the first place. "

Yeah okay we get it, you hate fat people

Except that if everyone was fit and a healthy weight then that, plus the lack of associated diseases, would probably mean that the death rate would have so low that there would have been no lock down in the first place.

Yeah okay we get it, you hate fat people "

My thoughts too

Why wear a mask to save them fat feckers

By *uadzillaMan  over a year ago

Warwickshire

"Hello fabbers

KJ

"

Jesus H Christ I have never in all my life heard such rubbish and who ever is in support of this or has the same opinions as those that have even said some of these things that you have gathered together need their heads looking at. I'm actually scared for humanity if people think like this.

Btw it effects men who are taller than average too so maybe we should fine them too or ask the men to have gender reassignment to reduce their risk ....pmsl

"Fat people already know they are at high risk of many more diseases and it's up to them.

"

Urm no they don't!

Urm no they don't!"

If that was the case then they also shouldn't treat someone who needs surgery because they have chosen a lifestyle of running for example therefore their injury is self inflicted.

Urm no they don't!

If that was the case then they also shouldn't treat someone who needs surgery because they have chosen a lifestyle of running for example therefore their injury is self inflicted. "

they dont refuse surgery because of a self inflicted life choice but am i wrong in saying the refuse some surgery to overweight people because of increased surgery risk or decreased effectiveness?

Wow! I cant believe what I've just read

I'm going to sit here on my fat arse and have some chocolate to calm down while you lot try to take away human rights and insult everyone.

Urm no they don't!

If that was the case then they also shouldn't treat someone who needs surgery because they have chosen a lifestyle of running for example therefore their injury is self inflicted.

they dont refuse surgery because of a self inflicted life choice but am i wrong in saying the refuse some surgery to overweight people because of increased surgery risk or decreased effectiveness? "

I know they don't, I was making the point the almost everything that we do as individuals has some form of impact on our health. But overweight people are easy targets but i don't why as 60% of the UK population is overweight.

Yes but i think if depends on whether the risks outweigh the benefits.

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

"I would love the provision of services that would help me get fit and eat more healthy...

You mean a supermarket and your feet."

doffs hat

Urm no they don't!

they dont refuse surgery because of a self inflicted life choice but am i wrong in saying the refuse some surgery to overweight people because of increased surgery risk or decreased effectiveness?

I know they don't, I was making the point the almost everything that we do as individuals has some form of impact on our health. But overweight people are easy targets but i don't why as 60% of the UK population is overweight.

"

i completely agree that in the context of the OP its outrageous ... i just thought there was some legitimate reasons the refusal that already existed

liverpool

"Wow! I cant believe what I've just read

I'm going to sit here on my fat arse and have some chocolate to calm down while you lot try to take away human rights and insult everyone. "

Freedom of choice with responsibility. China is pursuing policies that in certain cities earn people social credits or demerits - so for instance If you cross a road against a red light you would have points removed. Clean a pavement you get credits. If you don’t have enough credits you cannot then buy a car or have a holiday. They propose expanding this into healthy eating etc - this is Orwellian and oppressive.

Be informed, make a choice. This relies on the truth of course - and people are reluctant to believe things at the moment because of the lies politicians have told. But be informed and make a judgement - I don’t want to live in a society where my every move is considered on a scale of plus or minus

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Those who have been driving larger cars would be facing huge cuts in their health cover, to recompense the thousands who have died each year from vehicle pollution. Didn't source your energy supplies as eco tariffs? No problem, your emissions and choices have contributed to illhealth - as motor vehicles that polluted and killed, also maimed via pollution those who didn't die. And the other products you purchased? What damage have you contributed to there? If you don't make all of your own clothes since an adult, you will have huge payback to make. Ah, I see that the tech you've consumed has made substantial damage too - you imposed those risks, so it's fair play that your choices have consequences.

It's not just about the choices you have made, risks you took but risks you willingly imposed on to others. You'll find that there's a range of impacts upon health already accrued by everyones choices here.

Having a day of reckoning could start before the pearly gates. What does it really add though?

Ignoring the absurdity of the idea for a moment, how would those who support this envisage it would work in practice?

Urm no they don't!

i completely agree that in the context of the OP its outrageous ... i just thought there was some legitimate reasons the refusal that already existed "

I'm sure there is.

For example if someone was so overweight that the risk of having serious complications during the operation would outweigh the benefits of having the knee replacement.

But im certain that people are not routinely being refused treatment simply because they are overweight as the original comment suggested.

"Ignoring the absurdity of the idea for a moment, how would those who support this envisage it would work in practice? "

Iv seen this question asked before and none of the people who advocate it ever reply.

North West

Urm no they don't!

i completely agree that in the context of the OP its outrageous ... i just thought there was some legitimate reasons the refusal that already existed

I'm sure there is.

For example if someone was so overweight that the risk of having serious complications during the operation would outweigh the benefits of having the knee replacement.

But im certain that people are not routinely being refused treatment simply because they are overweight as the original comment suggested.

"

I was refused my gynae surgery on this basis by the first consult who saw me. He didn't care that its pretty difficult to exercise whilst physically disabled or that the condition was preventing me from going to the toilet. It was only after extensive imaging/tests and a change of consultant (due to my own tenacity) that I had it done. I can now go to the toilet normally, first time in about 15yrs and I'm not quite 35

Urm no they don't!

I'm sure there is.

I was refused my gynae surgery on this basis by the first consult who saw me. He didn't care that its pretty difficult to exercise whilst physically disabled or that the condition was preventing me from going to the toilet. It was only after extensive imaging/tests and a change of consultant (due to my own tenacity) that I had it done. I can now go to the toilet normally, first time in about 15yrs and I'm not quite 35 "

Thats insane.

I do remember that they did trial on some ops a few years ago but as you have pointed out it didn't work and ridiculous.

Does anyone remember this?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Hello fabbers

KJ

"

Fitness and eating marshals someone really suggested that!? Dear god

"Hello fabbers

KJ

Fitness and eating marshmallows someone really suggested that!? Dear god "

stop twisting the truth!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Hello fabbers

KJ

Fitness and eating marshmallows someone really suggested that!? Dear god

stop twisting the truth! "

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Fitness and eating marshals?

"

It's so amusing that a year or two ago it was considered dangerous flirting with fascism to contemplate taxing unhealthy habits like fatty foods. Now we're at a point where the whole foods stasi are being dreamed up by those who consider themselves the good folk.

There is a wonderful quote to sum up the world right now:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis

"It's so amusing that a year or two ago it was considered dangerous flirting with fascism to contemplate taxing unhealthy habits like fatty foods. Now we're at a point where the whole foods stasi are being dreamed up by those who consider themselves the good folk.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis"

the thing is i highly doubt it was suggested for our own good or out of good conscience... there was so many references to what other people have sacrificed in the OPs posts that i get the impression its come up as a suggestion out of bitterness ... i have lost or suffered in the form of X,Y,Z... tine to see the fatties suffer too (also coming from a naive place that anyone overweight gets that way from a life of giving n to their lust for junk food)

By *anna Needs CockWoman  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

People should have free choice however they should think about others too and not be selfish so put them first.

By *heCrowAndButterflyCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

My thoughts too

Why wear a mask to save them fat feckers "

Very true it seems us fatties deserve to get it in someone's opinion and the world would be better off if we did!

Tonbridge

"Ignoring the absurdity of the idea for a moment, how would those who support this envisage it would work in practice?

Iv seen this question asked before and none of the people who advocate it ever reply. "

How about a minimum price per calorie. Similar to minimum price per unit of alcohol. Perhaps a minimum price per calorie but only on processed foods.

"Ignoring the absurdity of the idea for a moment, how would those who support this envisage it would work in practice?

Iv seen this question asked before and none of the people who advocate it ever reply.

How about a minimum price per calorie. Similar to minimum price per unit of alcohol. Perhaps a minimum price per calorie but only on processed foods."

Ahh yes because the fat only eat processed foods and only the fat eat processed foods.

Tonbridge

How about a minimum price per calorie. Similar to minimum price per unit of alcohol. Perhaps a minimum price per calorie but only on processed foods.

Ahh yes because the fat only eat processed foods and only the fat eat processed foods. "

No, the idea is to promote the idea of preparing your own food so you can see what goes into it.

Tonbridge

Ahh yes because the fat only eat processed foods and only the fat eat processed foods.

No, the idea is to promote the idea of preparing your own food so you can see what goes into it."

Processed food would cover all restaurant, take away and ready meals.

My thoughts too

Why wear a mask to save them fat feckers

Very true it seems us fatties deserve to get it in someone's opinion and the world would be better off if we did! "

Its smoke a few of them out without doubt...

How about a minimum price per calorie. Similar to minimum price per unit of alcohol. Perhaps a minimum price per calorie but only on processed foods."

Avocados and nuts are higher in calories. I know because I follow a low carb diet based on clean, whole foods (and yet I'm fat, funnily enough).

No, the idea is to promote the idea of preparing your own food so you can see what goes into it.

Processed food would cover all restaurant, take away and ready meals."

so i can stay home but eat all the chocolate cheese and cakes i want ... as long as i bakes the cake myself

Warwickshire

Urm no they don't!

If that was the case then they also shouldn't treat someone who needs surgery because they have chosen a lifestyle of running for example therefore their injury is self inflicted. "

Couldn't agree more with this lady, I'm a competitive bodybuilder and have taken upon myself to be stronger fitter and more muscular than the average man, however I've had to have treatment by the NHS because of the sport should I be told no or fined for doing something that could cause injury I'd say definitely not.

Also I am currently viewed as being clinically obese based on the outdated NHS scale they say I should weigh 11.5st and I am not so I wouldn't be allowed treatment or should be fined .....f-ing ridiculous

Tonbridge

Urm no they don't!

Couldn't agree more with this lady, I'm a competitive bodybuilder and have taken upon myself to be stronger fitter and more muscular than the average man, however I've had to have treatment by the NHS because of the sport should I be told no or fined for doing something that could cause injury I'd say definitely not.

Also I am currently viewed as being clinically obese based on the outdated NHS scale they say I should weigh 11.5st and I am not so I wouldn't be allowed treatment or should be fined .....f-ing ridiculous "

BMI is a very good indicator for the vast majority of the population. There is small group for whom it is less appropriate, such as body builders (who have built muscle rater than fat) and amputees, to name a couple.

herd mentality really is a scourge

Tonbridge

so i can stay home but eat all the chocolate cheese and cakes i want ... as long as i bakes the cake myself "

you could eat all three but you would be paying more for your chocolates and cakes unless, as you say, they are home made from raw ingredients.

liverpool

Ahh yes because the fat only eat processed foods and only the fat eat processed foods. "

Or how about we live in a sane world.?

Biggest threat to the public Is an inept government that doesn’t know its arse from its elbow at the best of times.

My god imagine it - the violence increase if we had fat Marshall’s / life style Marshall’s Tik tok/ YouTube videos would be vibing all day long with the comedy gold

so i can stay home but eat all the chocolate cheese and cakes i want ... as long as i bakes the cake myself

you could eat all three but you would be paying more for your chocolates and cakes unless, as you say, they are home made from raw ingredients."

So much presumption that people who are clinically obese don't eat home cooked food. That they don't know how to prepare food and live on takeaways and ready meals.

One could still overeat (on all that home cooked goodness - even if it wasn't cakes and bakes). So again, how would this practicably be policed?

Urm no they don't!

Also I am currently viewed as being clinically obese based on the outdated NHS scale they say I should weigh 11.5st and I am not so I wouldn't be allowed treatment or should be fined .....f-ing ridiculous

BMI is a very good indicator for the vast majority of the population. There is small group for whom it is less appropriate, such as body builders (who have built muscle rater than fat) and amputees, to name a couple."

I go on body fat percentage not BMI .

As I look to put weight on but muscle not fat.

So body fat percentage for me is very important.

Warwickshire

Urm no they don't!

BMI is a very good indicator for the vast majority of the population. There is small group for whom it is less appropriate, such as body builders (who have built muscle rater than fat) and amputees, to name a couple.

So body fat percentage for me is very important. "

Completely agree with everything here, however at one particular show I was approximately 15st with a BF of 6% despite being extremely low in body fat and the doctor had the audacity to say it doesn't matter about how lean you are it's purely down to weight and the body just knows weight and had the nerve to tell me to lower my bodyweight pmsl

Urm no they don't!

Completely agree with everything here, however at one particular show I was approximately 15st with a BF of 6% despite being extremely low in body fat and the doctor had the audacity to say it doesn't matter about how lean you are it's purely down to weight and the body just knows weight and had the nerve to tell me to lower my bodyweight pmsl "

Its infuriating isnt it.

Tonbridge

Urm no they don't!

Completely agree with everything here, however at one particular show I was approximately 15st with a BF of 6% despite being extremely low in body fat and the doctor had the audacity to say it doesn't matter about how lean you are it's purely down to weight and the body just knows weight and had the nerve to tell me to lower my bodyweight pmsl "

To be fair, when it comes to the wear and tear on your joints, he probably has a point.

Urm no they don't!

Completely agree with everything here, however at one particular show I was approximately 15st with a BF of 6% despite being extremely low in body fat and the doctor had the audacity to say it doesn't matter about how lean you are it's purely down to weight and the body just knows weight and had the nerve to tell me to lower my bodyweight pmsl

To be fair, when it comes to the wear and tear on your joints, he probably has a point."

* gets approval from food marshal to grab some low-fat popcorn *

Urm no they don't!

To be fair, when it comes to the wear and tear on your joints, he probably has a point."

Would rather look manly than skinny or fat.

Warwickshire

Urm no they don't!

Yes regards joints I agree but with regards covid no way joint pain is a known contribution to death

By *essie.Woman  over a year ago

Serendipity

There is often a mental health side behind someone over eating, not always, but in a fair percentage of people. Covid has made mental heath worse for a lot of the population and the usual support mechanisms are not there. The Government should be doing more to tackle this for all those affected. We shouldn’t be stigmatising people we should be supporting them. Human kind - be both.

If people are going to look down their noses at other people's weight problems then it would nice for them as thirty somethings to at least be in better condition than this fifty something....

By *irty desireWoman  over a year ago

newcatle

The bs some of these perfect people spout is just too much ..fine me a don’t care a wont pay the fine al just eat more cake behind my mask in my home minding my own business not belittling people or hiding behind a so called non judgmental post!!

"If people are going to look down their noses at other people's weight problems then it would nice for them as thirty somethings to at least be in better condition than this fifty something.... "

By *evilandTheBeastCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough and Bedford

"The bs some of these perfect people spout is just too much ..fine me a don’t care a wont pay the fine al just eat more cake behind my mask in my home minding my own business not belittling people or hiding behind a so called non judgmental post!! "

This!

Teesside

"It's so amusing that a year or two ago it was considered dangerous flirting with fascism to contemplate taxing unhealthy habits like fatty foods. Now we're at a point where the whole foods stasi are being dreamed up by those who consider themselves the good folk.

C. S. Lewis"

Great quote

Thanks to the posters who read my OP and my replies properly to understand that these weren't my views.

I was highlighting the extreme views normal everyday and previously decent, easy going people are now going to.

It's a slippery slope and we live in a divide nation where our government ministers open encourage spying and grassing your neighbors to the authorities. If you told me in 2018 that would be acceptable by 2020 I would have said your crazy! Yet here we are.

I guess when people lose their livelihood / job, career, potentially their family home and the strain of it all has the knock on effect to ones mental health and personal well-being it's becomes a hop, skip and a jump and your at such thinking highlighted in my OP.

The point I will own as mine is the people in my life who shout hard for full lockdown 2 are the ones who will be least effected if at all. E.g those on benefits long term who have seen a 20% rise to the standard allowance of UC and don't need to worry about juggling childcare and working. Also people I know who's employers are secure and have been told they can work from home until well into 2021.

I yet to met someone who's business, career, life has been destroyed by the 1st full lockdown who is all for a 2nd full lockdown.

KJ

North West

Urm no they don't!

To be fair, when it comes to the wear and tear on your joints, he probably has a point.

Would rather look manly than skinny or fat. "

So skinny or fat guys can't be manly?! WTF does a manly man look like? Forgive my ignorance, but I understood that anyone with the genotype XY are male and the majority identify as men. Therefore, they are all manly. There is a subset of XY chromosome owners who do not identify as male and that's another story.

The saddest thing for me during this pandemic has been seeing the vast difference in individuals response to the hardships and at times serious individual suffering whether that be physical, mental or financial. I’ve seen the very best and also the vilest responses.

This last year has been horrible for most on some level. It’s a scenario which actually needs kindness, selflessness and the very best of human nature to come to the fore.

Some comments and opinions on here are the polar opposite to that. In honesty I pity those who feel the best course of action is to offload blame and hate to others in the knowledge that their lives could be negatively affected in any number of ways.

Urm no they don't!

So skinny or fat guys can't be manly?! WTF does a manly man look like? Forgive my ignorance, but I understood that anyone with the genotype XY are male and the majority identify as men. Therefore, they are all manly. There is a subset of XY chromosome owners who do not identify as male and that's another story. "

I will ask my wife when she gets in from work.

Urm no they don't!

So skinny or fat guys can't be manly?! WTF does a manly man look like? Forgive my ignorance, but I understood that anyone with the genotype XY are male and the majority identify as men. Therefore, they are all manly. There is a subset of XY chromosome owners who do not identify as male and that's another story.

I will ask my wife when she gets in from work."

So your wife would sooner look manly...

North West

My husband is probably classed as skinny but is definitely a man. Therefore manly. Being man is not defined by body shape or behaviour etc. Good old body shaming by some posters on here

"My husband is probably classed as skinny but is definitely a man. Therefore manly. Being man is not defined by body shape or behaviour etc. Good old body shaming by some posters on here "

I would class it as body Narcissism...

North West

"My husband is probably classed as skinny but is definitely a man. Therefore manly. Being man is not defined by body shape or behaviour etc. Good old body shaming by some posters on here

I would class it as body Narcissism..."

Whatever it is, it's not pleasant. I dislike people criticising/picking on others due to their body shape.

"My husband is probably classed as skinny but is definitely a man. Therefore manly. Being man is not defined by body shape or behaviour etc. Good old body shaming by some posters on here

Whatever it is, it's not pleasant. I dislike people criticising/picking on others due to their body shape. "

Ditto

Urm no they don't!

I will ask my wife when she gets in from work.

So your wife would sooner look manly... "

She's all woman

I would class it as body Narcissism..."

thinking that you need to be muscly to be manly ... just as easy be body confidence issues of their own ... the media don’t just sell us what women should look like these days

liverpool

"There is often a mental health side behind someone over eating, not always, but in a fair percentage of people. Covid has made mental heath worse for a lot of the population and the usual support mechanisms are not there. The Government should be doing more to tackle this for all those affected. We shouldn’t be stigmatising people we should be supporting them. Human kind - be both. "

There are also societal issues like poverty etc.

North West

thinking that you need to be muscly to be manly ... just as easy be body confidence issues of their own ... the media don’t just sell us what women should look like these days "

Well then can keep it to themselves rather than project their own insecurities on other people.

thinking that you need to be muscly to be manly ... just as easy be body confidence issues of their own ... the media don’t just sell us what women should look like these days "

Very much this.

Around 6 year ago I was completely out I shape.

I hated my body my life and took it out on my wife and kids.

I decided to make a change.

I stopped eating shite and started training 5 nights a week.

I found that the gym was better than any anti depressant for me.

There is nothing like it for losing the stress of the day.

These days I like how I look.

I like me .

My relationship with my wife is tighter than ever my kids and grandkids spend more time in my presence these days then they do at their own homes.

6 years of hard graft has turned my outlook on life around.

I understand some people have health problems.

My wife has an underactive thyroid condition but she tries her damn hardest at it not affecting her to much.

There is a saying happy wife happy life.

But I believe only you can make yourself happy inside.

thinking that you need to be muscly to be manly ... just as easy be body confidence issues of their own ... the media don’t just sell us what women should look like these days

Very much this.

I like me .

My relationship with my wife is tighter than ever my kids and grandkids spend more time in my presence these days then they do at their own homes.

My wife has an underactive thyroid condition but she tries her damn hardest at it not affecting her to much.

But I believe only you can make yourself happy inside."

Good on you for turning things around

Done it myself through life in a number of ways...but be careful as if it becomes a obsession it can also be damaging...

Very much this.

I like me .

But I believe only you can make yourself happy inside.

Good on you for turning things around

Done it myself through life in a number of ways...but be careful as if it becomes a obsession it can also be damaging..."

Yep it does .

I have to go work in central london for 2 weeks stints at a time starting from tuesday.

You can guess what the first things I looked for in london.

When i was told.

Well then can keep it to themselves rather than project their own insecurities on other people. "

i have friends who compete based on their body and as someone close to them I can see that comments that might come across as derogatory are actually them just fighting eating disorders and body dysmorphia issues of their own

far from loving themselves they actually punish themselves with “training” because they gain a tiny percentage of body fat and its enough to make them hate themselves , their control over their eating and exercise regime is no less obsessive than someone with anorexia and they barely ever let themselves drink because if they do a food binge comes along with it

its about time we realised we cant assume something about someones health, mental or physical by looking at them (fat/“fit”/ or thin), to work on our own confidence rather than let someones opinion in the internet or our social media newsfeed be the driver of our confidence, and maybe don’t take what people say about body shape as a face value insult as id say most of the time its just their own insecurity showing through... by the same token people have to appreciate that just because exercise turned their life around doesn’t mean its the answer for everyone ... i guess i could have shortened that to how about trying you just being you and letting others do them

North West

Well then can keep it to themselves rather than project their own insecurities on other people.

i have friends who compete based on their body and as someone close to them I can see that comments that might come across as derogatory are actually them just fighting eating disorders and body dysmorphia issues of their own

far from loving themselves they actually punish themselves with “training” because they gain a tiny percentage of body fat and its enough to make them hate themselves , their control over their eating and exercise regime is no less obsessive than someone with anorexia and they barely ever let themselves drink because if they do a food binge comes along with it

its about time we realised we cant assume something about someones health, mental or physical by looking at them (fat/“fit”/ or thin), to work on our own confidence rather than let someones opinion in the internet or our social media newsfeed be the driver of our confidence, and maybe don’t take what people say about body shape as a face value insult as id say most of the time its just their own insecurity showing through... by the same token people have to appreciate that just because exercise turned their life around doesn’t mean its the answer for everyone ... i guess i could have shortened that to how about trying you just being you and letting others do them "

My comments were aimed at an earlier comment that suggested skinny or fat men could not manly. I care not why they made that comment - its simply not acceptable to project your own insecurities on others in an open forum. Keep it to yourself. I have significant body insecurities but I don't go round making fun of/criticising others for their body shapes.

its about time we realised we cant assume something about someones health, mental or physical by looking at them (fat/“fit”/ or thin), to work on our own confidence rather than let someones opinion in the internet or our social media newsfeed be the driver of our confidence, and maybe don’t take what people say about body shape as a face value insult as id say most of the time its just their own insecurity showing through... by the same token people have to appreciate that just because exercise turned their life around doesn’t mean its the answer for everyone ... i guess i could have shortened that to how about trying you just being you and letting others do them

My comments were aimed at an earlier comment that suggested skinny or fat men could not manly. I care not why they made that comment - its simply not acceptable to project your own insecurities on others in an open forum. Keep it to yourself. I have significant body insecurities but I don't go round making fun of/criticising others for their body shapes. "

I wasn't making fun or criticising anyone.

I was just stating what I am more comfortable looking like .

North West

My comments were aimed at an earlier comment that suggested skinny or fat men could not manly. I care not why they made that comment - its simply not acceptable to project your own insecurities on others in an open forum. Keep it to yourself. I have significant body insecurities but I don't go round making fun of/criticising others for their body shapes.

I wasn't making fun or criticising anyone.

I was just stating what I am more comfortable looking like ."

That is not how it came across. It was along the lines of "I like to look manly, couldn't do that if I were skinny or fat". The implication being skinny or fat guys are not manly. It just reinforces the tired stereotype of men having to be muscly, blah blah.

My comments were aimed at an earlier comment that suggested skinny or fat men could not manly. I care not why they made that comment - its simply not acceptable to project your own insecurities on others in an open forum. Keep it to yourself. I have significant body insecurities but I don't go round making fun of/criticising others for their body shapes. "

i didn't see him mention a single other persons body .., he only described what he wants to look like and why ... if you inferred it on to meaning something about yourself or people around you it kind of backs up my point that we (including me) need to learn to focus on internal confidence rather than letting the internet and marketing and social media tell us how we should feel

North West

i didn't see him mention a single other persons body .., he only described what he wants to look like and why ... if you inferred it on to meaning something about yourself or people around you it kind of backs up my point that we (including me) need to learn to focus on internal confidence rather than letting the internet and marketing and social media tell us how we should feel "

I'm the female, so I presumably cannot feel manly! I just can't stand the suggestion that men must have a certain body shape to be manly. I'm married to an amazing skinny man, he and others like him don't need to be made to feel any less of a man for being a certain shape.

tuxey could just as easily have taken my post criticising the people i know who are very muscly as me having a pop at all people into that physique ... and hell i probably have some insecurities about gyms myself so could be projecting ... but he's taken it at the anecdotal value it was intended ... not everything that doesn't fit with your view point is meant to be taken negatively or personally

North West

"tuxey could just as easily have taken my post criticising the people i know who are very muscly as me having a pop at all people into that physique ... and hell i probably have some insecurities about gyms myself so could be projecting ... but he's taken it at the anecdotal value it was intended ... not everything that doesn't fit with your view point is meant to be taken negatively or personally "

The societal pressure for men to look a certain way is what is driving the insecurities and body dysmorphia you describe your friends as having. If we as a society could just accept men (and women) can have a multitude of different body shapes, and accept that's OK, then we'd be in a far better place.

By *ensualguy70TV/TS  over a year ago

Renfrew

"How can you fine someone for living life the way the want? We make our own choices in life and just because a virus comes around should mean anyone should be forced to change the way they live. "

Infortunately that my friend is already in, you dont have choices anymore due to the Government and their manipulators who have slowly slowly so yoju dont see the sudden changes, the removal of your rights.

i didn't see him mention a single other persons body .., he only described what he wants to look like and why ... if you inferred it on to meaning something about yourself or people around you it kind of backs up my point that we (including me) need to learn to focus on internal confidence rather than letting the internet and marketing and social media tell us how we should feel

I'm the female, so I presumably cannot feel manly! I just can't stand the suggestion that men must have a certain body shape to be manly. I'm married to an amazing skinny man, he and others like him don't need to be made to feel any less of a man for being a certain shape. "

You have your opinion on this and u have mine .

Both of us are right in our realities.

Let's just leave it their.

"tuxey could just as easily have taken my post criticising the people i know who are very muscly as me having a pop at all people into that physique ... and hell i probably have some insecurities about gyms myself so could be projecting ... but he's taken it at the anecdotal value it was intended ... not everything that doesn't fit with your view point is meant to be taken negatively or personally

The societal pressure for men to look a certain way is what is driving the insecurities and body dysmorphia you describe your friends as having. If we as a society could just accept men (and women) can have a multitude of different body shapes, and accept that's OK, then we'd be in a far better place. "

agreed but we are a long way off (if ever at all) being able to change the message from marketing and media on either men or women, so it makes sense to teach ourselves instead that what they tell us doesn’t matter 2 hoots

I'm the female, so I presumably cannot feel manly! I just can't stand the suggestion that men must have a certain body shape to be manly. I'm married to an amazing skinny man, he and others like him don't need to be made to feel any less of a man for being a certain shape.

You have your opinion on this and u have mine .

Both of us are right in our realities.

Let's just leave it their."

Dank keypad lol typos.

By *ensualguy70TV/TS  over a year ago

Renfrew

Your right to a private life has been removed and they never repealed the Human Rights Act to do it, thats how easy it was to get us to comply

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"Your right to a private life has been removed and they never repealed the Human Rights Act to do it, thats how easy it was to get us to comply "

Rubbish, how ?

Aw ffs you bit

"Aw ffs you bit "

By *ad steMan  over a year ago

Southport

I disagree with this view on the basis of the fact that if you are going to fine overweight people for simply being overweight then shouldn't people that are underweight and suffer with their health also be fined this is not my view however I think everybody should look at both sides of the coin as for cigarettes stop selling them also can I add there are plenty of people out there that's have underlying conditions that are not diagnosed and won't be diagnosed until later life because the NHS will not test for them as it is too expensive I know this for a fact as a friend of mine and a family member I have recently been diagnosed with with conditions that affect their weight and all aspects of their life

On a lighter note I am told sex is the best form of exercise would you help to reduce weight and release releases chemicals in the brain that make you happy so here's a theory all those people that are are in the perfect weight range should have assist those who have a weight problem don't you think or or just fine them for not helping out

"Fuck me just when you think you’ve seen it all you come across a thread like this . I can’t believe actual people were discussing this like it’s an option .

Sadly this year has seen people turn on each other ways I have never expected it's awful imo.

Look at the students in Scotland hemmed into halls can't really do anything but there course online.

The point is there's a section of fab and the population who believe no sacrifice is to great if it saves covid lives.

Jobs, cancer screening, rising mental health damage, loss of home all acceptable losses due to a potential 2nd lockdown as long as it reduces covid deaths.

Some may argue that changes in diet and taking some exercise isn't a terrible sacrifice to make to support the effort.

I have come to find through my friends that those in permanent jobs who are working at home until Jan 21 before it's reviewed again and therefore immune to full lockdown 2 are all in favour of a 2nd lockdown. Same with people I know on benefits for whom it won't make any difference and if anything give them a chance to curb spending (their words). Ask them to make some sacrifice to thier lifestyles that might help reduce NHS burdens even deaths such as eating healthier and taking some exercise and your met with total indignation similar to some of the above posts.

KJ"

I’ll be working from home until at least March . Doesn’t mean I’m in favour of a second lockdown . I live alone . I haven’t seen my best friend since March , I can’t go see any of my family because they are in local lockdowns .

I’m also fat and don’t exercise and apparently deserve to be fined if I don’t do something about it

"Ignoring the absurdity of the idea for a moment, how would those who support this envisage it would work in practice? "

Boris springs up in ya living room , hits the cake out of your had , calls you a fat cunt and hands you the fine - apparently

Boris springs up in ya living room , hits the cake out of your had , calls you a fat cunt and hands you the fine - apparently "

KJ

I’ll be working from home until at least March . Doesn’t mean I’m in favour of a second lockdown . I live alone . I haven’t seen my best friend since March , I can’t go see any of my family because they are in local lockdowns .

I’m also fat and don’t exercise and apparently deserve to be fined if I don’t do something about it "

Not assuming anything about you here but for people who are in similar situations to this it is totally understandable that they are going to turn to food. How many people have you heard saying that they've gained the Covid 19 or that they haven't stopped snacking during lockdown? Food doesn't fix people's problems but the reality is that sugar and junk food release endorphins and make us feel better (but only while we're eating it) so it makes sense that a lot of people have been relieving their stress and depressions this way the past few months. Lord knows I'd been doing for nigh on 20 years. If the govt want us to get healthier in order to beat the virus they should focus on helping us to address the triggers that make us eat badly, not just tell us to eat better. Everyone knows you have to eat well to be healthy, putting it into practice is easier said than done - especially if you're used to a bad diet.

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

"Hello fabbers

KJ

"

No .

If it affected others though the answer would have been certainly yes

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

So fat people expect me to wear a mask to protect them but aren't prepared to do something that will have much bigger effect to protect themselves? "

I'm morbidly obese apparently and no I expect you to wear a mask to protect everyone.... I am not losing weight because of anything or anyone unless I decide I want to. I'm quite happy with myself for the most part. I've put on 3 stone since March as stress doesnt make it easy

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"Fitness and eating marshals?

With a hot chocolate and a plate full of sausage rolls, just incase sugar levels drop due to over excessive pen use.

"

» Add a new message to this topic