FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Patrick Valance £660k GSK

Patrick Valance £660k GSK

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aisyDoandDaisyDont OP   Woman  over a year ago

little old town of Reading!

Ive been waiting for this conversation to pop up, but not heard anything so far!

This week, Patrick Vallance openly admitted that he has £600,000 worth of shares in GSK - a major pharmaceutical company that is working on a Covid 19 vaccine. Im very concerned that the press hasnt whipped up a storm about this - someone who directly gains from influencing policy gets to directly influence policy??! Whatttt??? Anyone else? Or is it just me and my tin foil hat who cares about stuff like this?!?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Ive been waiting for this conversation to pop up, but not heard anything so far!

This week, Patrick Vallance openly admitted that he has £600,000 worth of shares in GSK - a major pharmaceutical company that is working on a Covid 19 vaccine. Im very concerned that the press hasnt whipped up a storm about this - someone who directly gains from influencing policy gets to directly influence policy??! Whatttt??? Anyone else? Or is it just me and my tin foil hat who cares about stuff like this?!?"

The sheep are to blind to see or care....

wAkE uP sHeEpLe!!!1!!

By *plpxp2Couple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

[Removed by poster at 26/09/20 22:17:17]

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Loads of shit is going on under the radar..look at all those ppe contracts.

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

He used to work for them before getting this job, I’m guessing his share options were part of his salary then

GSK are not likely to be the company that wins the vaccine chase - their rivals AZ have the oxford vaccine

By *uadzillaMan  over a year ago

Warwickshire

"Ive been waiting for this conversation to pop up, but not heard anything so far!

This week, Patrick Vallance openly admitted that he has £600,000 worth of shares in GSK - a major pharmaceutical company that is working on a Covid 19 vaccine. Im very concerned that the press hasnt whipped up a storm about this - someone who directly gains from influencing policy gets to directly influence policy??! Whatttt??? Anyone else? Or is it just me and my tin foil hat who cares about stuff like this?!?"

I've been the same as you waiting for someone else to mention it.....he's also has shares in others too. I don't trust any of them

By *imited 3EditionCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

What got me was how this was reported as 'potential conflict of interest' ... there is no ifs or buts... there is a conflict of interest.

"Loads of shit is going on under the radar..look at all those ppe contracts."

Exactly but be careful you'll be labelled a tin foil hat weating loon for saying that

This week, Patrick Vallance openly admitted that he has £600,000 worth of shares in GSK - a major pharmaceutical company that is working on a Covid 19 vaccine. Im very concerned that the press hasnt whipped up a storm about this - someone who directly gains from influencing policy gets to directly influence policy??! Whatttt??? Anyone else? Or is it just me and my tin foil hat who cares about stuff like this?!?

I've been the same as you waiting for someone else to mention it.....he's also has shares in others too. I don't trust any of them "

Oy oy, saveloy! Not seen you on the forums for a while! I hope all is good with you xx

What got me was how this was reported as 'potential conflict of interest' ... there is no ifs or buts... there is a conflict of interest. "

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

Is that significant ? It’s about 440 shares, what type of shares?

By *uadzillaMan  over a year ago

Warwickshire

I've been the same as you waiting for someone else to mention it.....he's also has shares in others too. I don't trust any of them

Oy oy, saveloy! Not seen you on the forums for a while! I hope all is good with you xx"

Kept away for a bit, the whole thing was getting frustrating to me. I'm ok just plodding along like most. Hope you're ok too xx

Massively concerning but unsurprising.

It hasn’t been widely reported because it doesn’t suit the agenda. The media control what makes the news, not report it anymore.

People don’t care though...generally far more interested in when McDonald’s is gonna open and more worried about I’m a celebrity/love island/“insert dumbed down programming for the masses name here” being cancelled.

I saw a documentary once. It was about how entertainment via the television keeps the population stupid. When we only had three or four channels society was generally far more clued up about politics and had more collective common sense. Now we are bombarded with truly abysmal programmes, people don’t care about the big issues as that involves thinking.

Even if Vallance’s conflict of interest did make the news, people wouldn’t care.

If that's your only concern, have a wank, don't stress.

liverpool

"If that's your only concern, have a wank, don't stress."

Yeah it's only corruption at the top level.

liverpool

It hasn’t been widely reported because it doesn’t suit the agenda. The media control what makes the news, not report it anymore.

People don’t care though...generally far more interested in when McDonald’s is gonna open and more worried about I’m a celebrity/love island/“insert dumbed down programming for the masses name here” being cancelled.

I saw a documentary once. It was about how entertainment via the television keeps the population stupid. When we only had three or four channels society was generally far more clued up about politics and had more collective common sense. Now we are bombarded with truly abysmal programmes, people don’t care about the big issues as that involves thinking.

Even if Vallance’s conflict of interest did make the news, people wouldn’t care.

"

Good point.The media plays it's part too..it tells us who to get angry at..people on benefits etc.

It was widely reported by all the major news channels weds and thurs last week. So no media conspiracy.

I think the reason why it hasn't persisted as a news story is because most people aren't suprised that a former president of a company has shares in them.

He was appointed to his govt role in 2018, has since sold all the gsk shares he was allowed to sell, and is now left with just his deferred bonus shares which he can't sell until April 2021 (this is the 600k).

And anyway, if he was trying to swing things gsk's way then he's done a really poor job, as AZ is winning big time at the moment.

The question is really whether he's the right man to be scientific advisor. Who knows, but he's certainly got great credentials.

Just because someone has shares in a company doesn't automatically mean there's corruption or self-interest at work.

I'm inclined to give anyone the benefit of the doubt, especially where they've been open about their shareholdings - at least until there is actual evidence of wrongdoing.

IF any such evidence does ever emerge, I'd sincerely hope the penalty applied be as severe as the law allows.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

So the guy has shares in a company that is developing a covid vaccine...Isn't the development of a vaccine the goal of every country in the world?

I could understand where you are coming from if he was making decisions that directly benefited GSK (I.e. awarding a contract that hadn't gone out to tender etc).

liverpool

"Just because someone has shares in a company doesn't automatically mean there's corruption or self-interest at work.

I'm inclined to give anyone the benefit of the doubt, especially where they've been open about their shareholdings - at least until there is actual evidence of wrongdoing.

IF any such evidence does ever emerge, I'd sincerely hope the penalty applied be as severe as the law allows."

You dont think there is something fishy when a contract is awarded to a company with a tory as an 'advisor?

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"It was widely reported by all the major news channels weds and thurs last week. So no media conspiracy.

I think the reason why it hasn't persisted as a news story is because most people aren't suprised that a former president of a company has shares in them.

He was appointed to his govt role in 2018, has since sold all the gsk shares he was allowed to sell, and is now left with just his deferred bonus shares which he can't sell until April 2021 (this is the 600k).

And anyway, if he was trying to swing things gsk's way then he's done a really poor job, as AZ is winning big time at the moment.

The question is really whether he's the right man to be scientific advisor. Who knows, but he's certainly got great credentials."

I hope AZ win as I got shears in them.

Might make some money out of it or is that just plane greedy and selfish.

It's why people invest

"

You dont think there is something fishy when a contract is awarded to a company with a tory as an 'advisor?"

If the contract is awarded fairly and following the normal tendering process that company has the best offering then no, I don't.

If on the other hand that contract is just given out with no tendering process and handed to a company just because they happen to know the right person regardless of their abilities/strngth of offering then yes, there is something very fishy.

"It was widely reported by all the major news channels weds and thurs last week. So no media conspiracy.

The question is really whether he's the right man to be scientific advisor. Who knows, but he's certainly got great credentials."

Basically, there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for it.

"

You dont think there is something fishy when a contract is awarded to a company with a tory as an 'advisor?

If the contract is awarded fairly and following the normal tendering process that company has the best offering then no, I don't.

If on the other hand that contract is just given out with no tendering process and handed to a company just because they happen to know the right person regardless of their abilities/strngth of offering then yes, there is something very fishy.

"

Then there's been a lot of very fishy stuff going on.

liverpool

"

"

Lots of the contracts were given out without tender.

But even where that where the case how can there not be a conflict of interest where a tory gmnt awards a contract to a company with a tory mp on the board?

It absolutely stinks.

"Just because someone has shares in a company doesn't automatically mean there's corruption or self-interest at work.

IF any such evidence does ever emerge, I'd sincerely hope the penalty applied be as severe as the law allows.

You dont think there is something fishy when a contract is awarded to a company with a tory as an 'advisor?"

All is lost if people can't see this

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

I’m more concerned with the government appointing their donors and members as heads and operators of track and trace and multiple other multi million deals that just so happen to benefit them and their friends

Than vallance having some GSK shares

liverpool

"I’m more concerned with the government appointing their donors and members as heads and operators of track and trace and multiple other multi million deals that just so happen to benefit them and their friends

Than vallance having some GSK shares "

I'd wager some people have made a fucking fortune out of this .

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

There are so many scandals with these guys that things like this hardly get a mention. It’s almost small beer. When you think of the way Corbyn was treated by the media and the scandals that come out of this gvt every other day, you wonder what some people need to wake up. Wakey wakey the sheep!

"There are so many scandals with these guys that things like this hardly get a mention. It’s almost small beer. When you think of the way Corbyn was treated by the media and the scandals that come out of this gvt every other day, you wonder what some people need to wake up. Wakey wakey the sheep! "

Exactly

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

Some of the most corrupt people are invloved in some of the highest positions in the world, how else do they get there, they all have skeletons in their closets.

By *aver999Couple  over a year ago

East Mids

"

But even where that where the case how can there not be a conflict of interest where a tory gmnt awards a contract to a company with a tory mp on the board?

It absolutely stinks."

Conflict of interest? really Everyone knows they are all in it for the perks with their fingers in all the pies. It's not just the tories, lots of labour MPs are millionaires too, and don't forget about all in the house of lords.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

[Removed by poster at 26/09/20 23:49:26]

here

why do you think Dom drove to Barney?.. he was having a supposed to be top secret policy /shares/money making meeting with Sir Pat at the offices

liverpool

"

It absolutely stinks.

Conflict of interest? really Everyone knows they are all in it for the perks with their fingers in all the pies. It's not just the tories, lots of labour MPs are millionaires too, and don't forget about all in the house of lords. "

Oh that's ok then.

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

I dont think there is a virus, all this testing is to collect our DNA ,and have you noticed how the news has not said about italy ,or russia ,or any middle eastern countrys on how they are copping with the virus ....

scotland

"I dont think there is a virus, all this testing is to collect our DNA ,and have you noticed how the news has not said about italy ,or russia ,or any middle eastern countrys on how they are copping with the virus ...."

Global conspiracy??

Russia...7,523 cases today and 169 deaths. There are more news services than those in the uk

To paraphrase, this news story should actually read “science man, who knows about science stuff, invests in science stuff”. The tin foil hats can be put away for another day

"I dont think there is a virus, all this testing is to collect our DNA ,and have you noticed how the news has not said about italy ,or russia ,or any middle eastern countrys on how they are copping with the virus ...."

Really hope this is just trolling. It's getting so hard to tell these days.

"If that's your only concern, have a wank, don't stress.

Yeah it's only corruption at the top level."

Conspiracy theorists of the world unite and take over!!

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

Ah bless

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

"If that's your only concern, have a wank, don't stress."

Lol

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

"To paraphrase, this news story should actually read “science man, who knows about science stuff, invests in science stuff”. The tin foil hats can be put away for another day"

Exactly! Why spoil a good conspiracy theory though, as it takes ages for them to think them up ha

only in flattardia do they discount facts so readily.

"I dont think there is a virus, all this testing is to collect our DNA ,and have you noticed how the news has not said about italy ,or russia ,or any middle eastern countrys on how they are copping with the virus ....

Global conspiracy??

Russia...7,523 cases today and 169 deaths. There are more news services than those in the uk

"

this whole global conspiracy nonsense has indeed got out of hand.

from the flattards to chemtrailers and beyond. 5G idiots,icke,trump,ancientaliens,qanon.

I swear only a cpl weeks ago I argued against a great facebook artist about her link to some supposed USA martian war veteran sent back through time.

from india today:

Coronavirus LIVE Updates: India has recorded 59,03,932 confirmed Covid-19 cases so far, including 93,379 deaths. With a continuous rise, the country’s recovery rate now stands at 82.1 per cent. Around 48,49,584 patients have recovered till date. The total reported active cases in India stand at 9,60,969. Globally, there have been more than 32.6 million confirmed cases of Covid-19, and the death toll has surpassed 9,90,000. Follow updates on coronavirus related news here.

By *om girlCouple (FF)  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

The government cares so much all work for track and trace private companies

It’s all about them making more money from this

And the media is controlled by the government and what they allowed to broadcast

Remember the media influence the mass ordinance that’s why no big head line and if you’ve not noticed again with media Nothing On Brexit

scotland

"I dont think there is a virus, all this testing is to collect our DNA ,and have you noticed how the news has not said about italy ,or russia ,or any middle eastern countrys on how they are copping with the virus ....

from india today:

Coronavirus LIVE Updates: India has recorded 59,03,932 confirmed Covid-19 cases so far, including 93,379 deaths. With a continuous rise, the country’s recovery rate now stands at 82.1 per cent. Around 48,49,584 patients have recovered till date. The total reported active cases in India stand at 9,60,969. Globally, there have been more than 32.6 million confirmed cases of Covid-19, and the death toll has surpassed 9,90,000. Follow updates on coronavirus related news here."

A quick search on Google news for "italy covid" or "russia covid" gives lots of news articles. It's a shame people can't do this for themselves.

A google of "covid dna" gives plenty on that silly theory. All the governments across the world decide to collect our DNA without any if them raising huge objections...How silly.

"A google of "covid dna" gives plenty on that silly theory. All the governments across the world decide to collect our DNA without any if them raising huge objections...How silly."

Are you implying that if something appears a lot on google it makes it true?

from india today:

Coronavirus LIVE Updates: India has recorded 59,03,932 confirmed Covid-19 cases so far, including 93,379 deaths. With a continuous rise, the country’s recovery rate now stands at 82.1 per cent. Around 48,49,584 patients have recovered till date. The total reported active cases in India stand at 9,60,969. Globally, there have been more than 32.6 million confirmed cases of Covid-19, and the death toll has surpassed 9,90,000. Follow updates on coronavirus related news here.

A quick search on Google news for "italy covid" or "russia covid" gives lots of news articles. It's a shame people can't do this for themselves.

A google of "covid dna" gives plenty on that silly theory. All the governments across the world decide to collect our DNA without any if them raising huge objections...How silly."

this is why the USA,in its bubble is fucking things up right left n centre.

these global-conspiritards lack one thing,usually the same thing:-

evidence.

"The government cares so much all work for track and trace private companies

It’s all about them making more money from this

And the media is controlled by the government and what they allowed to broadcast

Remember the media influence the mass ordinance that’s why no big head line and if you’ve not noticed again with media Nothing On Brexit

"

brexit has been in the media for days/weeks ffs.My work is being directly affected by it this coming month.

"A google of "covid dna" gives plenty on that silly theory. All the governments across the world decide to collect our DNA without any if them raising huge objections...How silly.

Are you implying that if something appears a lot on google it makes it true?"

I hope the implication was that there are multiple sources easily found.

whereas the quoted individual claiming DNA gathering etc, is probably closely linked to 5g,nanotech,bill gates,fauci..

pretty much all from one source:

the pile of shite that make up shite.

"A google of "covid dna" gives plenty on that silly theory. All the governments across the world decide to collect our DNA without any if them raising huge objections...How silly.

Are you implying that if something appears a lot on google it makes it true?

I hope the implication was that there are multiple sources easily found.

whereas the quoted individual claiming DNA gathering etc, is probably closely linked to 5g,nanotech,bill gates,fauci..

pretty much all from one source:

the pile of shite that make up shite."

Phew, for a second there I thought you were saying there was something to it!

By *orkshire WaterCouple  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

people on here defending him need to shake their heads ffs.

"people on here defending him need to shake their heads ffs. "

Why?

really is any1 shocked

By *ickthelick2001Man  over a year ago

nottingham

In times of emergency ( the government decide when its a time of emergency) they can by pass the tendering of contracts process , and give contracts to whom ever they please, hence all the PPE contracts, the useless test contracts, track and trace etc etc etc just because they all went to friends and tory party donaters, it doesn't mean they ere a corrupt government, it means they are lying thieving b......s

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Sir Patrick Vallance sold 404000 shares in GSK, just before he became CSO to the Goverment.

He still holds 43000 shares, which he cant't cash in until 2021, as they are on deferred bonus status.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

[Removed by poster at 27/09/20 09:20:51]

But to be fair tens of thousands of people own millions of shares. And he actually did work for GSK in the past. And his were given as 'Profit Bonus'.

And where exactly would anyone think that ANY government would get 'experts' from but from the pharmaceutical industry - particularly with his qualification as Head of Research and Development for GSK. His qualification set make him ideal to do so.

also . . . "Upon his appointment, appropriate steps were taken to manage the Government Chief Scientific Adviser's interests in line with advice provided at the time. The GCSA has no input into contractual and commercial decisions on vaccine procurement which are taken by Ministers following a robust cross-Government approvals regime."

(Ps. He took up his Role as Chief Scientific Advisor in 2018 - So would that mean he KNEW that the Pandemic was coming to make good on his shares? Or maybe he's a part-time Fortune Teller too?)

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

"people on here defending him need to shake their heads ffs. "

The sheeple can't see past anything other than the fear based narrative that's been peddled by government. They've literally been brainwashed into believing we face a lethal virus. It's laughable. Even when you spell out the chances of someone dying from this, they can't accept it. The stupidity, ignorance &a complete lack of common sense is staggering.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

We live in a capitalist society, that some who are and have been in positions within industries for which they hold expertise then moved over to establishment positions in that field is not news and to suggest conspiracy in this virus is nonsense..

That minister's appoint friends who are grossly unqualified to roles of national importance at such times should perhaps be looked at..

"

That minister's appoint friends who are grossly unqualified to roles of national importance at such times should perhaps be looked at.."

Absolutely right - 'Cronyism' is something that all levels of Government should be held to account for.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Just the uneducated

You are spot on there lol

By *couseratMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Not really, this government looks after their own.

"people on here defending him need to shake their heads ffs.

The sheeple can't see past anything other than the fear based narrative that's been peddled by government. They've literally been brainwashed into believing we face a lethal virus. It's laughable. Even when you spell out the chances of someone dying from this, they can't accept it. The stupidity, ignorance &a complete lack of common sense is staggering."

By *eglieanCouple  over a year ago

Torbay

If GSK come up with a vaccine that works , don't take it if that's how you feel. It's people like Vallance, who guided the company to where it is,, the share option is part of his pay package and he took it. How many of you have previously worked for a company and left to work elsewhere where the knowledge was beneficial to the new firm? The virus wasn't in the world when he took the government jog. Why are people so negative, put in the same situation 99% of you would take the money.

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

" Im very concerned that the press hasnt whipped up a storm about this - someone who directly gains from influencing policy gets to directly influence policy??! Whatttt??? Anyone else? Or is it just me and my tin foil hat who cares about stuff like this?!?"

Compared to the actual government’s conflicts of interests, this is very small beer indeed.

"people on here defending him need to shake their heads ffs.

The sheeple can't see past anything other than the fear based narrative that's been peddled by government. They've literally been brainwashed into believing we face a lethal virus. It's laughable. Even when you spell out the chances of someone dying from this, they can't accept it. The stupidity, ignorance &a complete lack of common sense is staggering."

give examples and citations because I think you are talking absolute shite.

the wetlands

Millions of people in the UK and probably thousands of millions worldwide have shares in GSK, in fact if the OP has a pension they may well have too. Making money is what most people want to do and the rest are simply jealous.

Shoot the greedy barstewards

here

"

That minister's appoint friends who are grossly unqualified to roles of national importance at such times should perhaps be looked at..

Absolutely right - 'Cronyism' is something that all levels of Government should be held to account for."

There's a Commissioner for that

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Did op look at how the shares were acquired and any shady dealings behind that? Or were they a known entity, related to his former career? If he's not done anything to manipulate his acquisition, other than work, it doesn't seem to be a big focus for issue. The government takes the decisions affecting us and I think that contracts worth £millions are an appropriate focus, against those who are the decision makers.

It's just appropriate that SAGE etc get staffed with the best expertise, which was never going to be Cummings. If the others have declared everything, it's probably 100% more than you'll find from those taking expert opinion.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

No why should it, are you saying that any company with a tory as an advisor should not be considered for a contract? In that case you would be limiting your chances of ever getting anything done.

liverpool

You dont think there is something fishy when a contract is awarded to a company with a tory as an 'advisor?No why should it, are you saying that any company with a tory as an advisor should not be considered for a contract? In that case you would be limiting your chances of ever getting anything done."

Complete lack of surprise.

near ipswich

You dont think there is something fishy when a contract is awarded to a company with a tory as an 'advisor?No why should it, are you saying that any company with a tory as an advisor should not be considered for a contract? In that case you would be limiting your chances of ever getting anything done.

Complete lack of surprise."

Same here you failing to answer a simple question again.

liverpool

You dont think there is something fishy when a contract is awarded to a company with a tory as an 'advisor?No why should it, are you saying that any company with a tory as an advisor should not be considered for a contract? In that case you would be limiting your chances of ever getting anything done.

Complete lack of surprise.Same here you failing to answer a simple question again. "

Sorry I was just blown over by a feather.

1st of all what do these mps actually 'advise'on?

Presumably they are not all pharmaceutical experts so the only logical explanation, can be for them to give them an advantage when it comes to juicy gmnt contracts.

Next if 2 companies apply for a contract and one has a tory mp on the board,and one doesn't who is most likely to get the contract?

If in an seriousness you cant see a problem with that you really are a lost cause.

It is corruption.utter corruption.

"

In my experience of life, which is longer than most on here, the majority of people have never had much of an interest in, or clue about, politics. It's also true that banal programmes have existed for almost as long as broadcasting itself.

Many people have a very superficial view of life and always have. It's just more apparent in the age of social media.

By *ammisuxTV/TS  over a year ago

Uxbridge

Vallance was previously head of R&D as GSK as well as being a former director. If that isn't a conflict of interest I don't know what is.

near ipswich

Complete lack of surprise.Same here you failing to answer a simple question again.

Presumably they are not all pharmaceutical experts so the only logical explanation, can be for them to give them an advantage when it comes to juicy gmnt contracts.

Next if 2 companies apply for a contract and one has a tory mp on the board,and one doesn't who is most likely to get the contract?

If in an seriousness you cant see a problem with that you really are a lost cause.

It is corruption.utter corruption."

The only answer is not to let any mp,s take advisory jobs that would stop any speculation, but if you think by taking any company that has an advisor who supports the current government out of the equation you are mad. There happens to be a pandemic on and discounting the uk,s best chances of finding a vaccine because you think there is corruption without any proof then i will say it again you are mad.

liverpool

Complete lack of surprise.Same here you failing to answer a simple question again.

It is corruption.utter corruption.The only answer is not to let any mp,s take advisory jobs that would stop any speculation, but if you think by taking any company that has an advisor who supports the current government out of the equation you are mad. There happens to be a pandemic on and discounting the uk,s best chances of finding a vaccine because you think there is corruption without any proof then i will say it again you are mad. "

I think you will find there is a slight difference between a Tory mp and someone who supports the gmnt.

But you knew that.

The proof has been reported.

By *ebel Red HotWoman  over a year ago

York

Or you could say he has invested in them helping them raise more capital to produce a vaccine further. Honestly this is just a non story I am sure he will have shares in other companies not doing so well too.

"Vallance was previously head of R&D as GSK as well as being a former director. If that isn't a conflict of interest I don't know what is."

So you think the government's Chief Scientific Advisor should be someone who has never worked in the scientific field?

What next, appointing someone to run track and trace who has no experience of Public Health?

"Vallance was previously head of R&D as GSK as well as being a former director. If that isn't a conflict of interest I don't know what is.

So you think the government's Chief Scientific Advisor should be someone who has never worked in the scientific field?

What next, appointing someone to run track and trace who has no experience of Public Health?"

i used to know a guy who owned a factory that made drugs for the nhs, he was really struggling, loosing money in a huge was, but lucky for him he went to school with the then prime minister, think labour with a cheesey grin.

then the contract for the flue vaccine became free, guys who got the job, and made billions??

this stuff has always happened, and always will

the wetlands

"i used to know a guy who owned a factory that made drugs for the nhs, he was really struggling, loosing money in a huge was, but lucky for him he went to school with the then prime minister, think labour with a cheesey grin.

then the contract for the flue vaccine became free, guys who got the job, and made billions??

this stuff has always happened, and always will"

Was that before european tender legislation then

liverpool

"i used to know a guy who owned a factory that made drugs for the nhs, he was really struggling, loosing money in a huge was, but lucky for him he went to school with the then prime minister, think labour with a cheesey grin.

this stuff has always happened, and always will"

Fairly sure we have heard this story before

Child abuse has always gone on..we should ignore that aswell?

By *ammisuxTV/TS  over a year ago

Uxbridge

"Vallance was previously head of R&D as GSK as well as being a former director. If that isn't a conflict of interest I don't know what is.

What next, appointing someone to run track and trace who has no experience of Public Health?"

Who said they should never have worked in the scientific field? Your words not mine.

I said that a a former director of one of the companies in the running to develop a virus being one of the main advisors to the government represents a conflict of interest.

Do not try and twist my words.

Child abuse has always gone on..we should ignore that aswell?"

im not saying its right, infact the oposite, but nepatism is a hard thing to stop

liverpool

Child abuse has always gone on..we should ignore that aswell?

im not saying its right, infact the oposite, but nepatism is a hard thing to stop"

Not really.

Step 1.bar mps for taking advisory roles in companies they have no experience in.

If they do..they cant apply for gmnt contracts

So he's managed to swing the company he's got shares in to work on the vaccine...

...and? How is that not a smart move?

He's going to make money off this. Colour me shocked. Notice how all the people who WON'T be making money off this still agree with his conclusions about a vaccine being the one sane thing we can work on.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Why,should we put a lorry driver in charge then with no conection to the medical system.

Totally irrevilent

Its my understanding that gov members have to declaire these things as a conflict of intrest and get rid of them but as the undeclaired mp scandal of a few years showd us all when mp were taking money to dig motes round theire castle and money for wives who did nothin . All mp are bent and on the take the longer they are in polatics the more corupt they get .only way forward is to do aeay with the party system and have a multi party coalition whear no one has a majority so everyone has to agree to do anything

Are you surprised about this. Most people would do this if they could and the situation presented itself. This sort of thing has been going on for years. It's called Human Nature. Look how society has changed and its all about MeMeMe. Good luck to him. If we get a vaccine from his company and lives are saved then great. If another company develop it then great again and lives are saved and he is out of pocket a few pennies.

» Add a new message to this topic