FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Parliment bar

Parliment bar

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So, surprise surprise, the bars at the houses of parliment are exempt from 10pm closing times as they are now classed as a work place canteen that serves food, thus being able to stay open. I woukd like to know how the 6 bubbles and social distance works in there as well. Just proves that there is something so wrong with this whole thing. People need to wake up to how we are being treated

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

WE ARE MUGS BEING CONTROLLED BY A GOVERNMENT WHO ARE USING FAKE NUMBERS OF A FAKE VIRUS TO CONTROL US!!!

"WE ARE MUGS BEING CONTROLLED BY A GOVERNMENT WHO ARE USING FAKE NUMBERS OF A FAKE VIRUS TO CONTROL US!!!"

We both believe theres a virus about. But the leathality of it, and the numbers being given out, we dont believe at all. With a fatality rate of less than half a percent. But we also know there will be a lot criticise us for our opinion. But hey ho such is life

By *rx1Couple  over a year ago

Okehampton

"WE ARE MUGS BEING CONTROLLED BY A GOVERNMENT WHO ARE USING FAKE NUMBERS OF A FAKE VIRUS TO CONTROL US!!!"

Ask any ITU Nurse or Doctor or families that have been through it, if this is fake or not?

I will tell you what is NOT fake on here, it is STUPIDITY.

Hopefully you wont end up catching this fake stuff, but if you do hopefully you wont turn to the NHS to help you out. As you will be fine, without them.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"I woukd like to know how the 6 bubbles and social distance works in there as well. "

There is only one bar operating in Parliament at the moment and has very strict social distancing rules in place - greatly reduced number of people allowed, very large distance between tables, increased distance between seats at the tables, only very small size of groups allowed and a restricted ability to around inside the bar.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"I woukd like to know how the 6 bubbles and social distance works in there as well.

There is only one bar operating in Parliament at the moment and has very strict social distancing rules in place - greatly reduced number of people allowed, very large distance between tables, increased distance between seats at the tables, only very small size of groups allowed and a restricted ability to around inside the bar.

"

Does it close at 10?

liverpool

"I woukd like to know how the 6 bubbles and social distance works in there as well.

"

So..like every other single pub in the country?

Does it close at 10?"

No

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

"WE ARE MUGS BEING CONTROLLED BY A GOVERNMENT WHO ARE USING FAKE NUMBERS OF A FAKE VIRUS TO CONTROL US!!!

We both believe theres a virus about. But the leathality of it, and the numbers being given out, we dont believe at all. With a fatality rate of less than half a percent. But we also know there will be a lot criticise us for our opinion. But hey ho such is life"

A fatality rate of 0.5% would kill off over 300,000 people if it runs riot through the population - and that doesn't include anything of the long term effects many people who survive the virus are experiencing.

This is not insignificant.

here

Does it close at 10?

No"

It's a staff canteen

liverpool

Does it close at 10?

No

It's a staff canteen "

Which sells ale.

Does it close at 10?

No

It's a staff canteen "

Exactly, a nice convenient loophole they can use to do as they please. If thats the case, it should only be food served after 10, but i very much doubt thatd gona be the case

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Does it close at 10?

No

It's a staff canteen

Which sells ale."

I want one

"WE ARE MUGS BEING CONTROLLED BY A GOVERNMENT WHO ARE USING FAKE NUMBERS OF A FAKE VIRUS TO CONTROL US!!!

We both believe theres a virus about. But the leathality of it, and the numbers being given out, we dont believe at all. With a fatality rate of less than half a percent. But we also know there will be a lot criticise us for our opinion. But hey ho such is life

A fatality rate of 0.5% would kill off over 300,000 people if it runs riot through the population - and that doesn't include anything of the long term effects many people who survive the virus are experiencing.

This is not insignificant."

IF it runs riot and everyone catches it. I personally know one person to have it, and had no sypmtoms. The wife had 2 workmates catch it, and yes, one of those died. But that still doesnt take away the fact that 99.5% of + rrsults will get over it. At that rate id be willing to chance things being normalised. Theres over 200 people where i work, and we work in close proximity to each other and not one case at my company, which, by the way is in leicestershire

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

We both believe theres a virus about. But the leathality of it, and the numbers being given out, we dont believe at all. With a fatality rate of less than half a percent. But we also know there will be a lot criticise us for our opinion. But hey ho such is life"

Absolutely agree with you and think a lot do

here

Does it close at 10?

No

It's a staff canteen

Exactly, a nice convenient loophole they can use to do as they please. If thats the case, it should only be food served after 10, but i very much doubt thatd gona be the case"

What did the newspaper story say?

Herne Bay

One rule for them and one for the Plebs

By *ocusMan  over a year ago

Cambridge

“It didn’t happen to me do it can’t possibly be true!”

A close family member works in a London-based medical role. They have lost at least 3 colleagues to it and seen several others desperately ill for weeks. Some were placed in comas to save their lives. Survivors talk of dreadful symptoms still after 3-4 months since being told they no longer have it.

If you “don’t believe “ the numbers of this epidemic why not just see it as a test run for when something inevitably strikes that is more virulent and has a much greater infection and mortality rate? If you don’t it’ll be too late when it does turn up.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"One rule for them and one for the Plebs"
Sounds very familiar, mep,s and commissioners having their own tax rate and tax free shops. We are now out of that little scam maybe now we can start on domestic scams.

here’s a list of some Professionals, (Doctors and Scientists) who Have Questioned The Official Narrative. I would recommend looking up any of these on their own websites, or brand new tube.

??Dr. Rashid Buttar

??Dr. Andrew Kaufman

??Dr. Annie Bukacek

??Dr. Thoman Cowan

??Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai

??Dr. James Hidrith

??Dr. Bruce Lipton

??Dr. Robert Young

??Dr. Judy Mikovits

??Prof. Dolores Cahill

??Dr. Ericson

??Dr. Ivette Lozano

??Professor Knut Wittkowski

??Dr. Sherri Tenpenny

??Dr. Sucharit Bhakdi

??Dr. Wolfgang Wodarg

??Dr. Joel Kettner

??Dr. John Loannidis

??Dr. Yoram

??Dr Pietro Vernazza

??Frank Ulrich Mongomery

??Prof. Hendrik Streeck

??Dr. Yanis Roussel

??Dr. David Katz

??Dr. Michael Osterholm

??Dr. Peter Goetzsche

??Dr. Sunetra Gupta

??Dr. Karin Molling

??Dr. Anders Tegnell

??Dr. Pablo Goldscmidt

??Dr. Eran Bendavid

??Dr. Jay Bhattacharya

??Dr. Tom Jefferson

??Dr. Michael Levitt

??Dr. Richard Schabas

??Kate Shemirani

??Julian Rose

??Barbara ONeil

??Prof. Yavid Finkelstein

??Dr. Murcato Ravindrefed

??Prof. Graham Axlerod

??Prof. Jennifer Hintze

??Dr. Andreas Grundhaven

??Dr. Merton Yipple

??Prof. Swami Bhakhavavadvad

??Dr. Barton Berstaffler

??Prof. Qiong Hong-Lamin

°U.S. Senator Dr.Scott Jensen

°Dr. Stella Immanuel

°Mark Devlin

°Dr. Vernon Coleman

°Dr. Muhammad Igbal Adil

°Dr.Kelly Victory

°Francis Abraham

°Dr. Fidel Fernandez

°Edwin A. Burn

°Homer Lim

°Dr.Edwin Bien

Their views are being banned, deleted and blocked on social media!

here’s a list of some Professionals, (Doctors and Scientists) who Have Questioned The Official Narrative. I would recommend looking up any of these on their own websites, or brand new tube.

??Dr. Rashid Buttar

??Dr. Andrew Kaufman

??Dr. Annie Bukacek

??Dr. Thoman Cowan

??Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai

??Dr. James Hidrith

??Dr. Bruce Lipton

??Dr. Robert Young

??Dr. Judy Mikovits

??Prof. Dolores Cahill

??Dr. Ericson

??Dr. Ivette Lozano

??Dr. Sherri Tenpenny

??Dr. Sucharit Bhakdi

??Dr. Wolfgang Wodarg

??Dr. Joel Kettner

??Dr. John Loannidis

??Dr. Yoram

??Dr Pietro Vernazza

??Frank Ulrich Mongomery

??Prof. Hendrik Streeck

??Dr. Yanis Roussel

??Dr. David Katz

??Dr. Michael Osterholm

??Dr. Peter Goetzsche

??Dr. Sunetra Gupta

??Dr. Karin Molling

??Dr. Anders Tegnell

??Dr. Pablo Goldscmidt

??Dr. Eran Bendavid

??Dr. Jay Bhattacharya

??Dr. Tom Jefferson

??Dr. Michael Levitt

??Dr. Richard Schabas

??Kate Shemirani

??Julian Rose

??Barbara ONeil

??Prof. Graham Axlerod

??Prof. Jennifer Hintze

??Dr. Andreas Grundhaven

??Dr. Merton Yipple

??Dr. Barton Berstaffler

??Prof. Qiong Hong-Lamin

°Dr. Stella Immanuel

°Mark Devlin

°Dr. Vernon Coleman

°Dr. Muhammad Igbal Adil

°Dr.Kelly Victory

°Francis Abraham

°Dr. Fidel Fernandez

°Edwin A. Burn

°Homer Lim

°Dr.Edwin Bien

liverpool

"One rule for them and one for the PlebsSounds very familiar, mep,s and commissioners having their own tax rate and tax free shops. We are now out of that little scam maybe now we can start on domestic scams."

Beyond satire.

Herne Bay

[Removed by poster at 28/09/20 11:17:54]

Herne Bay

"here’s a list of some Professionals, (Doctors and Scientists) who Have Questioned The Official Narrative. I would recommend looking up any of these on their own websites, or brand new tube.

??Dr. Rashid Buttar

??Dr. Andrew Kaufman

??Dr. Annie Bukacek

??Dr. Thoman Cowan

??Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai

??Dr. James Hidrith

??Dr. Bruce Lipton

??Dr. Robert Young

??Dr. Judy Mikovits

??Prof. Dolores Cahill

??Dr. Ericson

??Dr. Ivette Lozano

??Dr. Sherri Tenpenny

??Dr. Sucharit Bhakdi

??Dr. Wolfgang Wodarg

??Dr. Joel Kettner

??Dr. John Loannidis

??Dr. Yoram

??Dr Pietro Vernazza

??Frank Ulrich Mongomery

??Prof. Hendrik Streeck

??Dr. Yanis Roussel

??Dr. David Katz

??Dr. Michael Osterholm

??Dr. Peter Goetzsche

??Dr. Sunetra Gupta

??Dr. Karin Molling

??Dr. Anders Tegnell

??Dr. Pablo Goldscmidt

??Dr. Eran Bendavid

??Dr. Jay Bhattacharya

??Dr. Tom Jefferson

??Dr. Michael Levitt

??Dr. Richard Schabas

??Kate Shemirani

??Julian Rose

??Barbara ONeil

??Prof. Graham Axlerod

??Prof. Jennifer Hintze

??Dr. Andreas Grundhaven

??Dr. Merton Yipple

??Dr. Barton Berstaffler

??Prof. Qiong Hong-Lamin

°Dr. Stella Immanuel

°Mark Devlin

°Dr. Vernon Coleman

°Dr. Muhammad Igbal Adil

°Dr.Kelly Victory

°Francis Abraham

°Dr. Fidel Fernandez

°Edwin A. Burn

°Homer Lim

°Dr.Edwin Bien

Their views are being banned, deleted and blocked on social media!"

You must Toe the Covid line

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

"“It didn’t happen to me do it can’t possibly be true!”

A close family member works in a London-based medical role. They have lost at least 3 colleagues to it and seen several others desperately ill for weeks. Some were placed in comas to save their lives. Survivors talk of dreadful symptoms still after 3-4 months since being told they no longer have it.

If you “don’t believe “ the numbers of this epidemic why not just see it as a test run for when something inevitably strikes that is more virulent and has a much greater infection and mortality rate? If you don’t it’ll be too late when it does turn up.

"

Well, untill that happens then i will keep calm and carry on. And am i one who has been out and about, no im not. Went i a pub a few weeks ago and the landlord was on about it, we both had different views etc, he had all the important signage up blah blah, yet all his customers were crammed into one corner of the pub, and not spread out over the full space. But he was totally agsinst whst i was saying mmm

near ipswich

"One rule for them and one for the PlebsSounds very familiar, mep,s and commissioners having their own tax rate and tax free shops. We are now out of that little scam maybe now we can start on domestic scams.

Beyond satire."

What no opinion again?

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

And is anyone actually surprised by this?

No need for MPs to Track n Trace either.

Bit of an own goal really?

liverpool

"One rule for them and one for the PlebsSounds very familiar, mep,s and commissioners having their own tax rate and tax free shops. We are now out of that little scam maybe now we can start on domestic scams.

Beyond satire.What no opinion again? "

I wouldn't know where to start.

near ipswich

The bar is also subsidized by the tax payer too, cheap food and drink for the house of lords and commons, time to call time on this.

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

IF it runs riot and everyone catches it. I personally know one person to have it, and had no sypmtoms. The wife had 2 workmates catch it, and yes, one of those died. But that still doesnt take away the fact that 99.5% of + rrsults will get over it. At that rate id be willing to chance things being normalised. Theres over 200 people where i work, and we work in close proximity to each other and not one case at my company, which, by the way is in leicestershire"

Well, you now seem to be suggesting anecdotal evidence is the more accurate guide than available scientific evidence.

By that measure, and your own experience, Covid has a 33.3% fatality rate.

Did you expect anything less from tories????

near ipswich

"Did you expect anything less from tories????"
What are they responsible for keeping the bar open??????????

"

So?

No track n trace like they insist all others have to have.

And not following government ruling about closing at 10.

And they wonder why people question everything they say or do, or not in some cases.

If rules are made then those who make them should follow them through. Lead by example and not be selective with the way they do it.

Can't blame people not trusting nor listening to them then.

Same applies anywhere. Most basic of parenting rule or of anyone in a position if authority.

Confidence and respect is hard to recover.

By *incskittenWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

Alcohol won't be served after 10pm

"Did you expect anything less from tories????What are they responsible for keeping the bar open??????????"
yes

midlands

"Alcohol won't be served after 10pm"

Haha, you reckon. So you honestly believe theyll be open just to serve a bacon cob and a pack of crisps, washed down with a cuppa

near ipswich

"Did you expect anything less from tories????What are they responsible for keeping the bar open?????????? yes"
You seem to have very little knowledge on how the house of commons is run ,nothing to do with the tories.

Nottingham

"Alcohol won't be served after 10pm

Haha, you reckon. So you honestly believe theyll be open just to serve a bacon cob and a pack of crisps, washed down with a cuppa"

I'm only relaying what i just heard on the TV!

Personally i don't give a flying @uck what they do !

midlands

"Did you expect anything less from tories????What are they responsible for keeping the bar open?????????? yes You seem to have very little knowledge on how the house of commons is run ,nothing to do with the tories. "

Government isnt anything to do with whichever party is "in". Isnt there a select comittee of 22 people that actually decide and push for certsin policies, and have the final say, whether its labour, tories, or raving loonies that are at the helm. I hate politics with a passion anyway. Not one of the mps in the world are in the job to benefit the people theyre meant to represent. Every one of them is in it for them selves

By *hantelle-La-SlutTV/TS  over a year ago

South Birmingham

"Did you expect anything less from tories????What are they responsible for keeping the bar open?????????? yes You seem to have very little knowledge on how the house of commons is run ,nothing to do with the tories.

Government isnt anything to do with whichever party is "in". Isnt there a select comittee of 22 people that actually decide and push for certsin policies, and have the final say, whether its labour, tories, or raving loonies that are at the helm. I hate politics with a passion anyway. Not one of the mps in the world are in the job to benefit the people theyre meant to represent. Every one of them is in it for them selves"

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Shouting does not give any credibility to such nonsense..

In case you didn't know.m

"Did you expect anything less from tories????What are they responsible for keeping the bar open?????????? yes"

Sounds like you hate them and just look for any opportunity to express it.

I wonder if it's only Torries that use this bar?

I assume from your response you'd think only Torries use it as if any others did it would make them complicit and at best two faced.

[Removed by poster at 28/09/20 12:46:55]

Id say you're not alone, you maybe in the majority if a true anonymous survey were done. There's been so many obvious contorted messages sent out, no better example where science has said one thing but government has said another because it doesn't quite tie in with their policy of pushing the economy. Have you noticed that they stopped using the 'science says' phrase quite some time ago.

I'd still guess like most who may think this, you'd still where a mask where you have to or feel you need to, use sanitiser where provided, respect social distancing and have become more aware of potential I'd transmissions.

Id say you're not alone, you maybe in the majority if a true anonymous survey were done. There's been so many obvious contorted messages sent out, no better example where science has said one thing but government has said another because it doesn't quite tie in with their policy of pushing the economy. Have you noticed that they stopped using the 'science says' phrase quite some time ago.

I'd still guess like most who may think this, you'd still where a mask where you have to or feel you need to, use sanitiser where provided, respect social distancing and have become more aware of potential I'd transmissions.

"

The wife is more a rule follower than me, but thats due to her job. I wear my mask if i cant get what i need without it. Such as taxi, hospital. She will tell me to wear one in asda and i make a half arsed effort. As for the sanitising my trolley, hoing into the shop... whats the point ive just dragged it 50 yards from trolley park to entrance without it. And if washing hands for 20 seconds is good enough then why the need

"Did you expect anything less from tories????What are they responsible for keeping the bar open?????????? yes You seem to have very little knowledge on how the house of commons is run ,nothing to do with the tories.

Government isnt anything to do with whichever party is "in". Isnt there a select comittee of 22 people that actually decide and push for certsin policies, and have the final say, whether its labour, tories, or raving loonies that are at the helm."

Ermm, No. Policy is determined by the government, which at this moment in time is Conservative, or Tory if you prefer.

Government isnt anything to do with whichever party is "in". Isnt there a select comittee of 22 people that actually decide and push for certsin policies, and have the final say, whether its labour, tories, or raving loonies that are at the helm. I hate politics with a passion anyway. Not one of the mps in the world are in the job to benefit the people theyre meant to represent. Every one of them is in it for them selves"

You need to get some education in politics.

The 22 Committee you refer to is an internal right-wing backbench committee of the Tory party.

What it does is to pressurise the Tory party leaders to keep to right-wing Thatcherite policies.

When they are in power that means the Tory PM and ministers.

It is nothing to do with the government and it certainly is not impartial and balanced.

By *oroRick1027Man  over a year ago

The Boro

"So, surprise surprise, the bars at the houses of parliment are exempt from 10pm closing times as they are now classed as a work place canteen that serves food, thus being able to stay open. I woukd like to know how the 6 bubbles and social distance works in there as well. Just proves that there is something so wrong with this whole thing. People need to wake up to how we are being treated"

They have announced that drinks will not be served after 10pm. Only food when parliament is sitting

Nottingham

The wife is more a rule follower than me, but thats due to her job. I wear my mask if i cant get what i need without it. Such as taxi, hospital. She will tell me to wear one in asda and i make a half arsed effort. As for the sanitising my trolley, hoing into the shop... whats the point ive just dragged it 50 yards from trolley park to entrance without it. And if washing hands for 20 seconds is good enough then why the need"

Its people like you who make half arsed efforts that spread this virus.

It's no worse than a cold ffs..theres been someone killed in a car crash today...ban using cars.

near ipswich

Government isnt anything to do with whichever party is "in". Isnt there a select comittee of 22 people that actually decide and push for certsin policies, and have the final say, whether its labour, tories, or raving loonies that are at the helm. I hate politics with a passion anyway. Not one of the mps in the world are in the job to benefit the people theyre meant to represent. Every one of them is in it for them selves

The 22 Committee you refer to is an internal right-wing backbench committee of the Tory party.

What it does is to pressurise the Tory party leaders to keep to right-wing Thatcherite policies.

It is nothing to do with the government and it certainly is not impartial and balanced."

This has nothing to do with the running of the HOC it is run by the HOC executive board. The 22 committee is a totaly diferent thing.

Nottingham

"It's no worse than a cold ffs..theres been someone killed in a car crash today...ban using cars."

Tell that to the people on here who have lost loved ones !

"It's no worse than a cold ffs..theres been someone killed in a car crash today...ban using cars."

You'd do well to keep your moronic opinions to yourself really, because you're making yourself look like an idiot.

It is nothing to do with the government and it certainly is not impartial and balanced."

Ive actually just read up a little about this comittee, and in fact it is made up of backbenchers from all parties, so not a tory thing at all

It is nothing to do with the government and it certainly is not impartial and balanced.

Ive actually just read up a little about this comittee, and in fact it is made up of backbenchers from all parties, so not a tory thing at all"

I'd recheck your source then, because the 1922 committee is the Parliamentary group of the Conservative party and consists solely of backbench Conservative MPs.

Jeez folk, educate yourselves a little please, and do it from reliable sources.

By *ocusMan  over a year ago

Cambridge

That list of doctors and scientists; I looked a few up at random. Some come up with no hits. Lots of anti-vaxxers, lots with spurious medical “qualifications”.

One of them says belief controls the body not biology.

If that’s the case any disease would be curable through h**nosis and/or positive thinking.

Going on to YouTube is not “doing research”.

Although the dissenting doctors don’t agree with the “official narrative “ few of them agree with each other which weakens their claims of knowing “the truth”. They’re mostly putting forward theories with little to no evidence.

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

"So, surprise surprise, the bars at the houses of parliment are exempt from 10pm closing times as they are now classed as a work place canteen that serves food, thus being able to stay open. I woukd like to know how the 6 bubbles and social distance works in there as well. Just proves that there is something so wrong with this whole thing. People need to wake up to how we are being treated

They have announced that drinks will not be served after 10pm. Only food when parliament is sitting"

Another U-turn and rightly so.

So how many is that again? I've lost count.

By *heCrowAndButterflyCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

"The bar is also subsidized by the tax payer too, cheap food and drink for the house of lords and commons, time to call time on this. "

So we pay their wage and we subsidise thier food and drink too. I need that job!

here

a ridiculous storm in a tea cup which was never really a storm and there was no tea cup

the Speaker confirmed to the Administration Committee last Thursday that alcohol would not be served after 10pm

Nottingham

"The bar is also subsidized by the tax payer too, cheap food and drink for the house of lords and commons, time to call time on this.

So we pay their wage and we subsidise thier food and drink too. I need that job! "

Many on here complain. Im asking myself if they were a member of parliament would they use the bars and take advantage of the perks ?

Of course they would.

liverpool

"The bar is also subsidized by the tax payer too, cheap food and drink for the house of lords and commons, time to call time on this.

So we pay their wage and we subsidise thier food and drink too. I need that job!

Many on here complain. Im asking myself if they were a member of parliament would they use the bars and take advantage of the perks ?

Of course they would. "

Not really the point.

Nottingham

Of course they would.

Not really the point."

It's my point !

Its hypocritical to criticise something that undoubtedly people would do themselves if in that position.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

" a ridiculous storm in a tea cup which was never really a storm and there was no tea cup

the Speaker confirmed to the Administration Committee last Thursday that alcohol would not be served after 10pm

"

It's good news, helping to soften the distance between them and us

Took a huge public outcry and bad publicity to force them to change it to 10.00pm

And I bet it quietly sneaks back in a few weeks when we are not watching.

liverpool

Of course they would.

Not really the point.

It's my point !

Its hypocritical to criticise something that undoubtedly people would do themselves if in that position.

"

So corruption is ok cos everyone else would do it?

Does it close at 10?

No

It's a staff canteen

Exactly, a nice convenient loophole they can use to do as they please. If thats the case, it should only be food served after 10, but i very much doubt thatd gona be the case"

If it’s a staff canteen it shouldn’t be selling alcohol at all

Nottingham

Of course they would.

Not really the point.

It's my point !

"

Are you telling me you' ld bring sandwiches and a flask from home if you were there ? I doubt it .

By *arleyfatboy2019Couple  over a year ago

Devon

So. Are restaurants/ takeaways allowed to serve food after 10 ?

"So. Are restaurants/ takeaways allowed to serve food after 10 ?"
no

Nottingham

Of course they would.

Not really the point.

It's my point !

Are you telling me you' ld bring sandwiches and a flask from home if you were there ? I doubt it ."

Am i not allowed to make my point in this discussion? Is that what you are saying?

near ipswich

"Took a huge public outcry and bad publicity to force them to change it to 10.00pm

And I bet it quietly sneaks back in a few weeks when we are not watching."

I doubt it very much as seemed to be a bit of an outcry by some mp,s too who never used the bar and didnt know. I would hazard a guess thats it probably frequented more by the house of lords, signing in collect £300 and go to straight to the bar for subsided food and drink.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

IF it runs riot and everyone catches it. I personally know one person to have it, and had no sypmtoms. The wife had 2 workmates catch it, and yes, one of those died. But that still doesnt take away the fact that 99.5% of + rrsults will get over it. At that rate id be willing to chance things being normalised. Theres over 200 people where i work, and we work in close proximity to each other and not one case at my company, which, by the way is in leicestershire"

“...... not one case at my company....”

—————————

But other companies have had cases and deaths.

It’s not all about you and your company.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"So. Are restaurants/ takeaways allowed to serve food after 10 ? no "

I thought they could offer a delivery service only after 10pm?

By *ama Raised a RebelWoman  over a year ago

Walsall

No different from people on night shifts having a canteen it just seems people like ot complain about pointless things.

By *unmatt888Man  over a year ago

Marlborough

Does it close at 10?

No

It's a staff canteen

Exactly, a nice convenient loophole they can use to do as they please. If thats the case, it should only be food served after 10, but i very much doubt thatd gona be the case

If it’s a staff canteen it shouldn’t be selling alcohol at all "

Why not?

Does it close at 10?

No

It's a staff canteen

Why not?"

Ha ! How daft.

Works canteens dont sell booze. It would be too dangerous for staff going back to work after a skinful at lunchtime.

The house of commons is a private club not a factory. They do what they like.

liverpool

Does it close at 10?

No

It's a staff canteen

Why not?"

Do most work canteen sell ale?

Does it close at 10?

No

It's a staff canteen

Why not?

Do most work canteen sell ale?"

No

Far too danberous

Can you just imagine it - "I'll just have three pints and then go back to work on the lathe"

And end up with no fingers.

Does it close at 10?

No

It's a staff canteen

Why not?

Do most work canteen sell ale?"

i think you will find even having alcohol on you at work is a sackable offence in most workplaces never mind never mind drinking then going back to work lol

here

Does it close at 10?

No

It's a staff canteen

Why not?

No

Far too danberous

Can you just imagine it - "I'll just have three pints and then go back to work on the lathe"

And end up with no fingers."

Who's fault would that be then ?

The employers fault for allowing it to happen.

Never heard of health and safety law ?

Public liability law ?

here

"The employers fault for allowing it to happen.

Public liability law ?"

Thought you might say this...

Thanks for demonstrating one of the main problems society has - people failing to understand and accept the basic concept of personal responsibility.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

...and at the risk of bursting indignant bubbles, HMG have stated that no alcoholic drinks are served in Parliament after 10pm.

By *atch and blossomCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

I think the statement was that they were no longer going to. After being outed as doing so

"So, surprise surprise, the bars at the houses of parliment are exempt from 10pm closing times as they are now classed as a work place canteen that serves food, thus being able to stay open. I woukd like to know how the 6 bubbles and social distance works in there as well. Just proves that there is something so wrong with this whole thing. People need to wake up to how we are being treated"

If this is true, we minions shouldn't expect any different from the govt who'll sack scientific advisors (one of us) and not personal advisors (one of them) for breaking the rules they made.

"I think the statement was that they were no longer going to. After being outed as doing so"

They gave the excuse that's it's registered as a place to eat and not a off license.so I as if that's really true why did they feel they had to change....lmao.

Public liability law ?

Thanks for demonstrating one of the main problems society has - people failing to understand and accept the basic concept of personal responsibility.

"

It's not just a matter of personal responsibility

It's about knowingly putting temptation in peoples way when there is no need to

Canteens don't need to serve alcohol and they shouldn't. If they decide to then be it on the employers head.

They are different to pubs which are allowed to and have a whole different set of rules to adhere to.

Ive actually just read up a little about this comittee, and in fact it is made up of backbenchers from all parties, so not a tory thing at all

I'd recheck your source then, because the 1922 committee is the Parliamentary group of the Conservative party and consists solely of backbench Conservative MPs.

Jeez folk, educate yourselves a little please, and do it from reliable sources. "

Of course they would.

Not really the point.

It's my point !

"

Speak for yourself and not others.

here

Public liability law ?

It's not just a matter of personal responsibility

It's about knowingly putting temptation in peoples way when there is no need to

Canteens don't need to serve alcohol and they shouldn't. If they decide to then be it on the employers head.

They are different to pubs which are allowed to and have a whole different set of rules to adhere to."

... this kind of outlook/attitude is completely alien to me - it's impossible to understand why someone who operates dangerous moving machinery would not be responsible enough, for their own safety, not to drink alcohol while at work .

I'm guessing you would also say the employer should have body/bag searched the employee for alcohol if the employee was bringing in their own bottle of booze and then chopped off their fingers?

liverpool

"...and at the risk of bursting indignant bubbles, HMG have stated that no alcoholic drinks are served in Parliament after 10pm."

When did they announce this?

liverpool

Does it close at 10?

No

It's a staff canteen

Why not?

No

Far too danberous

Who's fault would that be then ?"

If an organisation has a bar and an employee gets d*unk and gets injured..The organisation has no responsibility whatsoever?

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

Public liability law ?

"

You fail to understand the employers responsibility

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

This is not insignificant."

No it would kill of more as it's 0.5% / Year so Year 10 could be 175,000 have tried to factor in a drop in birth rate and immigration

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

Fake ?? Wow ..You are kidding I hope .....

Hastings

Does it close at 10?

No

It's a staff canteen

Why not?

No

Far too danberous

If an organisation has a bar and an employee gets d*unk and gets injured..The organisation has no responsibility whatsoever?"

It is dependent on if the Alcohol was purchased as in over a bar like a pub then it's the consumer how is responsible But if the Alcohol was free at a works party ( not meny of them this year ) then it would be the employer responsible for giving it to you but the actual person serving you also has a duty of care so should not have served you any way

Hastings

Does it close at 10?

No

It's a staff canteen

Why not?

No

Far too danberous

If an organisation has a bar and an employee gets d*unk and gets injured..The organisation has no responsibility whatsoever?"

Lots of brewery give employs free drinks and some work places do have bars most uni have a student bar.

here

Public liability law ?

You fail to understand the employers responsibility "

Definitely not

wigan

Public liability law ?

Definitely not "

Definitely!

here

Public liability law ?

Definitely not

Definitely!"

As an employer I am most definitely aware of and fully understand my responsibilities.

wigan

Public liability law ?

Definitely not

Definitely!

As an employer I am most definitely aware of and fully understand my responsibilities."

Oh sorry you’re an employer .... now I know you must be right!

here

Public liability law ?

Definitely not

Definitely!

As an employer I am most definitely aware of and fully understand my responsibilities.

Oh sorry you’re an employer .... now I know you must be right! "

Thanks

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Does it close at 10?"

No. That was the point of the OP. One rule for them, another for us.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"No different from people on night shifts having a canteen it just seems people like ot complain about pointless things."

Canteens dont sell alcohol.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

I can remember fire stations having tbeir own bar.

The Passport Office in Peterborough had its private bar on the premises.

My first employer had a social club on the premises, which was open at lunchtime. That, and the two pubs opposite the works, were heaving on a Friday lunchtime.

Fortunately, things have moved on and alcohol is now pretty much a no no in the working day.

wigan

Public liability law ?

Definitely not

Definitely!

Thanks "

Just a query though.... you’ll be able to help... you’re an employer. In the case mentioned (3pints, lathe,etc)

Had the employer conducted a risk assessment of the activity? Once conducted did the significant findings, knowing there was an on site bar and that, due to alcohol not being prohibited on site, identify that an accident involving hazardous machinery was foreseeable? Once this was identified did the employer provide sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision to prevent an injury due to alcohol use and machinery? If so how did this happen?

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Oh my days what a thread

wigan

By *ax777Man  over a year ago

Not here

"...and at the risk of bursting indignant bubbles, HMG have stated that no alcoholic drinks are served in Parliament after 10pm.

When did they announce this?"

Today, as reported by the Guardian

Was also reported on the main stream news at lunch time.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"...and at the risk of bursting indignant bubbles, HMG have stated that no alcoholic drinks are served in Parliament after 10pm.

Today, as reported by the Guardian"

All that fuss over nothing.

"I can remember fire stations having tbeir own bar.

My first employer had a social club on the premises, which was open at lunchtime. That, and the two pubs opposite the works, were heaving on a Friday lunchtime.

Fortunately, things have moved on and alcohol is now pretty much a no no in the working day. "

And even When they did it was did for off duty staff

NOT for those on duty

Can you imagine a fire engine driver having to drive to a fire after a few pints in the bar ?

Even back in the sixties that would have been a sackable and prosecutable matter.

wigan

Public liability law ?

Definitely not

Definitely!

Thanks

Just a query though.... you’ll be able to help... you’re an employer. In the case mentioned (3pints, lathe,etc)

Had the employer conducted a risk assessment of the activity? Once conducted did the significant findings, knowing there was an on site bar and that, due to alcohol not being prohibited on site, identify that an accident involving hazardous machinery was foreseeable? Once this was identified did the employer provide sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision to prevent an injury due to alcohol use and machinery? If so how did this happen? "

You there?

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"The bar is also subsidized by the tax payer too, cheap food and drink for the house of lords and commons, time to call time on this. "

Poor things on minimum wage, it'll be the soup kitchen for them next

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Old news, out of date news and another irrelevant distraction

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

So very cynical its pathetic

liverpool

Today, as reported by the Guardian"

So..nothing to do with the public backlash then?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Grow up sdo much childish bullshit

Not here

"

Ask them

liverpool

Ask them"

Sorry ask who?

Hastings

Public liability law ?

Definitely not

Definitely!

Thanks

Had the employer conducted a risk assessment of the activity? Once conducted did the significant findings, knowing there was an on site bar and that, due to alcohol not being prohibited on site, identify that an accident involving hazardous machinery was foreseeable? Once this was identified did the employer provide sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision to prevent an injury due to alcohol use and machinery? If so how did this happen? "

Not to you point

The task would cary a number of risk assessments.

But it would start with is the operator trained and competent.

So would it be different if they went to the pub lunchtime.

But back to the main point I could not condone MP's drinking then voting the bar should be closed until the close off the house.

So where do I stand I go to work sober and do not drink but have to do a breath test befor I can drive home?

wigan

Public liability law ?

Definitely not

Definitely!

Thanks

Had the employer conducted a risk assessment of the activity? Once conducted did the significant findings, knowing there was an on site bar and that, due to alcohol not being prohibited on site, identify that an accident involving hazardous machinery was foreseeable? Once this was identified did the employer provide sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision to prevent an injury due to alcohol use and machinery? If so how did this happen?

Not to you point

But back to the main point I could not condone MP's drinking then voting the bar should be closed until the close off the house.

So where do I stand I go to work sober and do not drink but have to do a breath test befor I can drive home? "

Don’t know what not to you point means..

The activity only needs one risk assessment.

Operator trained and competent would be controls in place or to be put in place.

Use of hazardous machinery after consuming alcohol is largely ill advised and having an on site bar would increase the likelihood of the operator drinking. Prohibiting alcohol consumption prior to using hazardous machinery would mitigate the risk. Is the supervision aware that groups of employees go off to the pub at lunchtime? Are the staff trained in the hazards of alcohol and using hazardous machinery? Does supervision take reasonable steps to prevent those who may have consumed alcohol operating the machinery?, etc.

You have to do a breath test before you go home? What industry (I’d guess rail or similar) so... if the assessment shows that the effects of alcohol consumption would pose such a high risk then a breath test would, possibly, be a reasonable control ( deterrent).

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

To what end? It’s a pandemic with a limited life that will eventually burn out. It’s a pandemic where there is massive inconsistencies between each country numbers, the rules, the messaging, hardly ideal for a convincing narrative... And if you think all global governments could get together to fake such an event you give them far more credit than they deserve

By *hyandtwistedCouple  over a year ago

loughborough

"here’s a list of some Professionals, (Doctors and Scientists) who Have Questioned The Official Narrative. I would recommend looking up any of these on their own websites, or brand new tube.

??Dr. Rashid Buttar

??Dr. Andrew Kaufman

??Dr. Annie Bukacek

??Dr. Thoman Cowan

??Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai

??Dr. James Hidrith

??Dr. Bruce Lipton

??Dr. Robert Young

??Dr. Judy Mikovits

??Prof. Dolores Cahill

??Dr. Ericson

??Dr. Ivette Lozano

??Dr. Sherri Tenpenny

??Dr. Sucharit Bhakdi

??Dr. Wolfgang Wodarg

??Dr. Joel Kettner

??Dr. John Loannidis

??Dr. Yoram

??Dr Pietro Vernazza

??Frank Ulrich Mongomery

??Prof. Hendrik Streeck

??Dr. Yanis Roussel

??Dr. David Katz

??Dr. Michael Osterholm

??Dr. Peter Goetzsche

??Dr. Sunetra Gupta

??Dr. Karin Molling

??Dr. Anders Tegnell

??Dr. Pablo Goldscmidt

??Dr. Eran Bendavid

??Dr. Jay Bhattacharya

??Dr. Tom Jefferson

??Dr. Michael Levitt

??Dr. Richard Schabas

??Kate Shemirani

??Julian Rose

??Barbara ONeil

??Prof. Graham Axlerod

??Prof. Jennifer Hintze

??Dr. Andreas Grundhaven

??Dr. Merton Yipple

??Dr. Barton Berstaffler

??Prof. Qiong Hong-Lamin

°Dr. Stella Immanuel

°Mark Devlin

°Dr. Vernon Coleman

°Dr. Muhammad Igbal Adil

°Dr.Kelly Victory

°Francis Abraham

°Dr. Fidel Fernandez

°Edwin A. Burn

°Homer Lim

°Dr.Edwin Bien

Their views are being banned, deleted and blocked on social media!"

'DR' Rashid Buttar first in your list says it all, he injected cancer victims with hydrogen peroxide and charged them a fortune to do so. Check out a great but a bit boring debunk of him by thunderf00t on youtube

??Dr. Rashid Buttar

??Dr. Andrew Kaufman

??Dr. Annie Bukacek

??Dr. Thoman Cowan

??Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai

??Dr. James Hidrith

??Dr. Bruce Lipton

??Dr. Robert Young

??Dr. Judy Mikovits

??Prof. Dolores Cahill

??Dr. Ericson

??Dr. Ivette Lozano

??Dr. Sherri Tenpenny

??Dr. Sucharit Bhakdi

??Dr. Wolfgang Wodarg

??Dr. Joel Kettner

??Dr. John Loannidis

??Dr. Yoram

??Dr Pietro Vernazza

??Frank Ulrich Mongomery

??Prof. Hendrik Streeck

??Dr. Yanis Roussel

??Dr. David Katz

??Dr. Michael Osterholm

??Dr. Peter Goetzsche

??Dr. Sunetra Gupta

??Dr. Karin Molling

??Dr. Anders Tegnell

??Dr. Pablo Goldscmidt

??Dr. Eran Bendavid

??Dr. Jay Bhattacharya

??Dr. Tom Jefferson

??Dr. Michael Levitt

??Dr. Richard Schabas

??Kate Shemirani

??Julian Rose

??Barbara ONeil

??Prof. Graham Axlerod

??Prof. Jennifer Hintze

??Dr. Andreas Grundhaven

??Dr. Merton Yipple

??Dr. Barton Berstaffler

??Prof. Qiong Hong-Lamin

°Dr. Stella Immanuel

°Mark Devlin

°Dr. Vernon Coleman

°Dr. Muhammad Igbal Adil

°Dr.Kelly Victory

°Francis Abraham

°Dr. Fidel Fernandez

°Edwin A. Burn

°Homer Lim

°Dr.Edwin Bien

'DR' Rashid Buttar first in your list says it all, he injected cancer victims with hydrogen peroxide and charged them a fortune to do so. Check out a great but a bit boring debunk of him by thunderf00t on youtube"

Sherri Tenpenny is an American osteopathic physician and anti-vaccination activist who supports the discredited hypothesis that vaccines cause autism.[1] She is the author of four books opposing vaccination, and her 2015 lecture tour of Australia was cancelled due to a public outcry over her views on vaccination, which go against the established scientific consensus. She has no advanced clinical or research specialization in immunology, vaccinology, or public health, nor has she ever published peer-reviewed research in any area related to vaccines or immunology.

Wonder who supplied this list of f names to him?

Peterborough

Poor things on minimum wage, it'll be the soup kitchen for them next "

I have just looked at the menus, that are published and £3.50 for a pint of Greene King IPA, isn't that cheap, by Wetherspoon standards, but for it's location in the middle of London it seems pretty cheap to me, compared to your average London eatery.

Funny how newspapers never publish the menus and prices, nor their websites.

Hastings

Public liability law ?

Definitely not

Definitely!

Thanks

Not to you point

So where do I stand I go to work sober and do not drink but have to do a breath test befor I can drive home?

Operator trained and competent would be controls in place or to be put in place.

Use of hazardous machinery after consuming alcohol is largely ill advised and having an on site bar would increase the likelihood of the operator drinking. Prohibiting alcohol consumption prior to using hazardous machinery would mitigate the risk. Is the supervision aware that groups of employees go off to the pub at lunchtime? Are the staff trained in the hazards of alcohol and using hazardous machinery? Does supervision take reasonable steps to prevent those who may have consumed alcohol operating the machinery?, etc.

You have to do a breath test before you go home? What industry (I’d guess rail or similar) so... if the assessment shows that the effects of alcohol consumption would pose such a high risk then a breath test would, possibly, be a reasonable control ( deterrent).

"

At the moment I make hand sanitizer so start with a batch of 100% Alcohol

And no the risk asesment should be broken down as in.

Has the machine stoped befor opening grass

Has the toll be fitted covertly (A)

ETC

Then the (A) under would list the PPE for each task to operate a lath it would be a long assessment.

And to be competent the operator would be aware of the effects of drugs including prescription drugs like antihistamine that can make you drowsy.

All of our equipment at work are key operated it's a disciplinary if you leave any equipment powerd up with you key and you are not present. Some have too keys that are Indipendent so I can take mine out and the machine still runs.

Some need 2 keys to power up meaning I have to check what they do and they check what I do stops mistakes

Hastings

I have just looked at the menus, that are published and £3.50 for a pint of Greene King IPA, isn't that cheap, by Wetherspoon standards, but for it's location in the middle of London it seems pretty cheap to me, compared to your average London eatery.

Funny how newspapers never publish the menus and prices, nor their websites."

Yep very cheep so when are you standing to get elected.

Peterborough

Funny how newspapers never publish the menus and prices, nor their websites.Yep very cheep so when are you standing to get elected."

Well according to Isabel Hardman at The Spectator, Boris' old rag..It costs £34,000 to become an MP. No wonder they expect higher pay.

Unless FAB can have a whip round for me, the i can honestly say it's a non starter

Hastings

Funny how newspapers never publish the menus and prices, nor their websites.Yep very cheep so when are you standing to get elected.

Well according to Isabel Hardman at The Spectator, Boris' old rag..It costs £34,000 to become an MP. No wonder they expect higher pay.

Unless FAB can have a whip round for me, the i can honestly say it's a non starter "

Yes and you get it all back with late-night debate staying in London away from family and friends but hey £1.50 off a pint

You could go to the pub and clam the lot back as expenses.

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

One gin pink gin tonic for me please

Can you put in Boris acount please

here

"So, surprise surprise, the bars at the houses of parliment are exempt from 10pm closing times as they are now classed as a work place canteen that serves food, thus being able to stay open. I woukd like to know how the 6 bubbles and social distance works in there as well. Just proves that there is something so wrong with this whole thing. People need to wake up to how we are being treated

Can you put in Boris acount please "

Sorry, bar closed at 10.00pm ...

Hastings

[Removed by poster at 29/09/20 00:29:35]

Hastings

"

So if you have to close at 10pm can you open at 11pm

Leicestershire

Looks like the lizardmen got him...

Leicestershire

??Dr. Rashid Buttar

??Dr. Andrew Kaufman

??Dr. Annie Bukacek

??Dr. Thoman Cowan

??Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai

??Dr. James Hidrith

??Dr. Bruce Lipton

??Dr. Robert Young

??Dr. Judy Mikovits

??Prof. Dolores Cahill

??Dr. Ericson

??Dr. Ivette Lozano

??Dr. Sherri Tenpenny

??Dr. Sucharit Bhakdi

??Dr. Wolfgang Wodarg

??Dr. Joel Kettner

??Dr. John Loannidis

??Dr. Yoram

??Dr Pietro Vernazza

??Frank Ulrich Mongomery

??Prof. Hendrik Streeck

??Dr. Yanis Roussel

??Dr. David Katz

??Dr. Michael Osterholm

??Dr. Peter Goetzsche

??Dr. Sunetra Gupta

??Dr. Karin Molling

??Dr. Anders Tegnell

??Dr. Pablo Goldscmidt

??Dr. Eran Bendavid

??Dr. Jay Bhattacharya

??Dr. Tom Jefferson

??Dr. Michael Levitt

??Dr. Richard Schabas

??Kate Shemirani

??Julian Rose

??Barbara ONeil

??Prof. Graham Axlerod

??Prof. Jennifer Hintze

??Dr. Andreas Grundhaven

??Dr. Merton Yipple

??Dr. Barton Berstaffler

??Prof. Qiong Hong-Lamin

°Dr. Stella Immanuel

°Mark Devlin

°Dr. Vernon Coleman

°Dr. Muhammad Igbal Adil

°Dr.Kelly Victory

°Francis Abraham

°Dr. Fidel Fernandez

°Edwin A. Burn

°Homer Lim

°Dr.Edwin Bien

"

Dr Shiva Ayyadurai claimed to have been the inventor of 'email' (which he wasn't), is well known for spreading Covid misinformation and supporting a white supremacist.

Lovely chap.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"I can remember fire stations having tbeir own bar.

Fortunately, things have moved on and alcohol is now pretty much a no no in the working day.

And even When they did it was did for off duty staff

NOT for those on duty

Can you imagine a fire engine driver having to drive to a fire after a few pints in the bar ?

Even back in the sixties that would have been a sackable and prosecutable matter. "

And thats exactly what happened! After a hearing, where the fireman claimed it wasn't his fault as the Fire Brigade had placed alcohol inside the station, it led to the withdrawal of all bars in Lincolnshire fire stations!

Not here

Ask them

Sorry ask who?"

Whoever it was that made the decision.

wigan

Public liability law ?

Definitely not

Definitely!

Thanks

Not to you point

At the moment I make hand sanitizer so start with a batch of 100% Alcohol

And no the risk asesment should be broken down as in.

Has the machine stoped befor opening grass

Has the toll be fitted covertly (A)

ETC

Then the (A) under would list the PPE for each task to operate a lath it would be a long assessment.

And to be competent the operator would be aware of the effects of drugs including prescription drugs like antihistamine that can make you drowsy.

All of our equipment at work are key operated it's a disciplinary if you leave any equipment powerd up with you key and you are not present. Some have too keys that are Indipendent so I can take mine out and the machine still runs.

Some need 2 keys to power up meaning I have to check what they do and they check what I do stops mistakes "

No the activity (operating a lathe) would be one risk assessment.

I think the steps you mention are part of a safe system of work

To be competent the operator needs to know how to operate the machine safely.... not necessarily the effects of anti histamine or similar, more likely ( and more sensibly) covered in drug and alcohol policy, where, knowing the risks, the employer would prohibit the use of drugs and alcohol.

Selby

"

Well just to clarify the rules, laws are made in the parliament , do apply to the house of parliament , you should know that !

Now when Cummings my pink gin tonic?

Selby

Well just to clarify the rules, laws are made in the parliament , do not apply to the house of parliament , you should know that !

Now when Cummings my pink gin tonic? "

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

Does it close at 10?

No

It's a staff canteen

Which sells champagne ."

there corrected it for you

here

Does it close at 10?

No

It's a staff canteen

Which sells champagne .there corrected it for you "

... Russian vodka would have been funnier

Peterborough

Well just to clarify the rules, laws are made in the parliament , do apply to the house of parliament , you should know that !

Now when Cummings my pink gin tonic? "

There is the issue of parliamentary privilege...

Quote:Overview

1. Parliaments need certain rights or immunities to ensure they can operate freely and independently. As the report of a predecessor Joint Committee on Parliamentary Privilege, published in 1999, stated:

"Parliament makes the law and raises taxes. It is also the place where ministers are called to account by representatives of the whole nation for their decisions and their expenditure of public money. Grievances, great and small, can be aired, regardless of the power or wealth of those criticised.

In order to carry out these public duties without fear or favour, Parliament and its members and officers need certain rights and immunities. Parliament needs the right to regulate its own affairs, free from intervention by the government or the courts. Members need to be able to speak freely, uninhibited by possible defamation claims".[1]

2. The precise rights and immunities a parliament will have depend on the wider constitutional context, and different countries protect parliaments in different ways. But whatever the jurisdiction, it is normal for a democratic state to protect parliamentary independence. Indeed, as the Irish Government argued at the European Court of Human Rights, "parliamentary immunity has developed throughout the world not as a constraint upon the rights of the citizen, but as a fundamental liberty".[2]

3. In the United Kingdom Parliament such rights and immunities are provided by means of "parliamentary privilege". Privilege refers to the range of freedoms and protections each House needs to function effectively: in brief, it comprises the right of each House to control its own proceedings and precincts, and the right of those participating in parliamentary proceedings, whether or not they are Members, to speak freely without fear of legal liability or other reprisal. There are jurisdictions in which parliamentarians themselves are shielded from prosecution for crimes unrelated to their office as long as they remain Members; that is not the case in the United Kingdom.[3]

4. Parliamentary privilege came to public attention in the wake of the 2009 expenses scandal, when three former MPs and one member of the House of Lords accused of false accounting over their expenses sought to argue that they ought not to be prosecuted because of parliamentary privilege.[4] On 8 February 2010, the then Leader of the Opposition, Mr David Cameron, announced that, if elected, the Conservatives would legislate to implement the recommendations of the 1999 Joint Committee on Parliamentary Privilege, in order to remove what the then Shadow Leader of the House of Commons, Sir George Young, described as the "grey area" of whether parliamentary privilege precluded criminal prosecution of Members accused of false accounting over parliamentary expenses.[5]

» Add a new message to this topic