FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Number of deaths still low

Number of deaths still low

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Whitty and Vallance say there is a two-to-three week lag between rising numbers of infections and rising numbers of deaths.

Numbers of infections have been rising now since the beginning of September

They are approaching the number last seem in April when we had 10000 infections in one day with 1000 deaths

This week we have seen infections rise to more than 6000 in a day. But deaths are still very low at around 25-30 on average

So what is happening here ?

How do they explain that ?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Covid is 24th in the league table of deaths,this has to stop and open everything up

"Covid is 24th in the league table of deaths,this has to stop and open everything up"

It's 24th because we haven't opened up.

Suicide rate is far more than covid deaths

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"Whitty and Vallance say there is a two-to-three week lag between rising numbers of infections and rising numbers of deaths.

They are approaching the number last seem in April when we had 10000 infections in one day with 1000 deaths

This week we have seen infections rise to more than 6000 in a day. But deaths are still very low at around 25-30 on average

How do they explain that ?"

Better treatments from the experience health professionals have gained, if deaths remain low and hospital beds arent full then rules will be relaxed again

"Suicide rate is far more than covid deaths"

So how does that compare with the UK infection rate if we remove all restrictions? I'm sure watching more of your family die will dramatically improve suicide rates.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"Covid is 24th in the league table of deaths,this has to stop and open everything up"

So would you open up everything.

And do you mean everything.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"Whitty and Vallance say there is a two-to-three week lag between rising numbers of infections and rising numbers of deaths.

They are rising, maybe not fast enough for some but much too fast for others.

And where did you get that from ? So since March your saying more people have died from suicide than from Covid , can we have facts

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Better treatments from the experience health professionals have gained, if deaths remain low and hospital beds arent full then rules will be relaxed again "

By *awk90Man  over a year ago

Hamburg, Germany

Better treatment, but also testing numbers were low in the beginning, so we actually don't know how massive the first peak was!

That being said, I am quite worried... Deaths are on the rise as well, and cases are rising exponentially

Urm no.

There have been nowhere near 42,000 suicides this year.

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

It does not matter what the numbers are; or what the truth is, we are bound by the dictatorship that is our Government; no parliamentary approval of new laws, no debate just imposition by Boris and his inner circle of cohorts.

We can do nothing, so live / die with it, if you protest or demonstrate you will be fined / arrested.

So be good people and get the people tracking App and be tracked like good people (sorry numbers).

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

In April less people were tested and therefore greatly underestimated the number of people who actually had it

"It does not matter what the numbers are; or what the truth is, we are bound by the dictatorship that is our Government; no parliamentary approval of new laws, no debate just imposition by Boris and his inner circle of cohorts.

We can do nothing, so live / die with it, if you protest or demonstrate you will be fined / arrested.

So be good people and get the people tracking App and be tracked like good people (sorry numbers). "

If we are numbers...who is no 1?

I never did get to the bottom of that one...knew who no6 was though

Hastings

"It does not matter what the numbers are; or what the truth is, we are bound by the dictatorship that is our Government; no parliamentary approval of new laws, no debate just imposition by Boris and his inner circle of cohorts.

So be good people and get the people tracking App and be tracked like good people (sorry numbers).

"

I'd would guess the queen but if your a believer I guess your God

So that means fewer people are falling ill with it presumably.

Yet they say the increase in cases isn't due to the increased number of tests.

They tell us what they want us to hear.

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

I think not . ..

5000 suicides

40 000 covid deaths

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"So that means fewer people are falling ill with it presumably.

They tell us what they want us to hear."

Don't listen. Just get valid data from credible sources, alongside evidence from reputable peer reviewed professional literature.

Hastings

"Suicide rate is far more than covid deaths

I think not . ..

5000 suicides

40 000 covid deaths "

And only 2000 ish in RTA's

Don't listen. Just get valid data from credible sources, alongside evidence from reputable peer reviewed professional literature. "

I am listening.

To Vallance and Whitty.

They tell us the increase is not due to increased testing

So why are the deaths not shooting up ?

If it were like the first wave we should be up to 600 a day now.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

List the 23 or a source please.

scotland

Source please...

Hastings

Don't listen. Just get valid data from credible sources, alongside evidence from reputable peer reviewed professional literature.

I am listening.

To Vallance and Whitty.

If it were like the first wave we should be up to 600 a day now."

Can I ask you the same funliverpool so what is it you want

What would be your new normal

scotland

I am listening.

To Vallance and Whitty.

If it were like the first wave we should be up to 600 a day now."

It's not like the first wave because it hasn't ripped through nursing homes.

It's not like the first wave because way more testing.

It's not like the first wave because positive tests are 5-10% compare to a figure nearer 50 earlier this year.

It's not like the first wave because doctors have learnt how to treat better and more suitable medicines have been identified.

All this above we are made aware of daily. Why can't you join the dots?

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

How do we stop suicides?

I am listening.

To Vallance and Whitty.

If it were like the first wave we should be up to 600 a day now.

It's not like the first wave because it hasn't ripped through nursing homes.

It's not like the first wave because way more testing.

It's not like the first wave because positive tests are 5-10% compare to a figure nearer 50 earlier this year.

It's not like the first wave because doctors have learnt how to treat better and more suitable medicines have been identified.

All this above we are made aware of daily. Why can't you join the dots?

"

I can and I do

That's why I am querying the so-called advice of these experts.

You don't need to explain it to me

The idea was to make people think it through

Source please..."

There are no sources. We do not publish suicide figures with any regularity. As of the 1st of September the ONS only just published the figures from 2019 so to claim suicide is on the increase is conjecture.

However, there is a huge drain on mental health. I lost my job in March and have struggled to pick up work. Money and bills are tough to see how I manage. I have been through very tough times a few years back and have coping mechanisms I can call on learned to help with it. Many people are feeling this for the first time and in much more difficult circumstances. It will leave its mark.

But to put that in context, in 2019 - 5691 people’s deaths were registered as suicide - the highest number recorded for 20 years and equatable to 17/100000.

Covid by comparison- at the height of the first wave we had alarming death rates attributed to covid. They were astounding. And to date covid has attributed to roughly to 70/100000 deaths in the UK

That said just so you know I am in neither camp, the new rates of infection vs deaths is vastly different to the initial outbreak. Because we are better prepared, can diagnose it faster and use some anti viral and suppression medication therefore limiting the ferocity of it and the need for ICU Treatment.

April 17 - 22,351 total with 8,269 listed as covid - 36% deaths

September 11 - 9,811 - 99 attributed to covid 1%

Let’s hope this trend remains like this. But people. Please only post credible backed up statements rather than adding to either fear or conspiracy.

As you were

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Source please...

There are no sources. We do not publish suicide figures with any regularity. As of the 1st of September the ONS only just published the figures from 2019 so to claim suicide is on the increase is conjecture.

However, there is a huge drain on mental health. I lost my job in March and have struggled to pick up work. Money and bills are tough to see how I manage. I have been through very tough times a few years back and have coping mechanisms I can call on learned to help with it. Many people are feeling this for the first time and in much more difficult circumstances. It will leave its mark.

But to put that in context, in 2019 - 5691 people’s deaths were registered as suicide - the highest number recorded for 20 years and equatable to 17/100000.

Covid by comparison- at the height of the first wave we had alarming death rates attributed to covid. They were astounding. And to date covid has attributed to roughly to 70/100000 deaths in the UK

That said just so you know I am in neither camp, the new rates of infection vs deaths is vastly different to the initial outbreak. Because we are better prepared, can diagnose it faster and use some anti viral and suppression medication therefore limiting the ferocity of it and the need for ICU Treatment.

Let’s hope this trend remains like this. But people. Please only post credible backed up statements rather than adding to either fear or conspiracy.

As you were

"

Gosh, so much sense in one post. Probably too much for many to absorb

Hastings

But if you shot you self would it not be death buy gun shot.

North West

"But if you shot you self would it not be death buy gun shot.

"

No, because I'd use a bow and arrow

Hastings

Source please...

As you were

"

Thanks you for that well put

Hastings

No, because I'd use a bow and arrow "

WOW long arms are you Mr Tickle

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

And where did you get that from ? So since March your saying more people have died from suicide than from Covid , can we have facts "

It's a mute point anyway either way. We've been socially distancing, wearing masks, working from home etc so the Covid death rate is hopefully skewed lower because of the restrictions.

So if suicide is higher, we still shouldn't open up as deaths will probably rise and if it's lower that's still not a reason to open up.

North West

WOW long arms are you Mr Tickle "

Nah, you can use your foot or set it up to be triggered by a string pull. Point being shot doesn't necessarily mean by a gun.

Hastings

Nah, you can use your foot or set it up to be triggered by a string pull. Point being shot doesn't necessarily mean by a gun. "

Dope

Hastings

Nah, you can use your foot or set it up to be triggered by a string pull. Point being shot doesn't necessarily mean by a gun. "

I was looking at you profile pick at the time I put Mr Tickle

North West

Nah, you can use your foot or set it up to be triggered by a string pull. Point being shot doesn't necessarily mean by a gun.

I was looking at you profile pick at the time I put Mr Tickle "

Actually S might secretly BE Mr Tickle. He has long arms (and other bodily features)

By *az080378Woman  over a year ago

Cromer

They have also changed how they are counting deaths from covid,it makes a difference..

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

They no how to treat people better.

The problem is not so much deaths but the after effects of the virus

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

So be good people and get the people tracking App and be tracked like good people (sorry numbers). "

If people where good there wuld not be the problem s we have now.

This government is to soft with people

How do we stop suicides?"

Stop you from writing anything

It’s very easy...

It can take up to 12 days for people’s sysmtoms to come out

It can take 12-14 days after becoming ill where people realise they are in serious trouble and enter hospital

Whilst we’ve had people pass away within a week generally people can die much further down the line. We’ve had patients ventilated for 2 months plus, people pass away after 12 weeks etc.

The numbers are there, they are now in hospitals and increasing... in my small ward in Manchester our 3 admissions a week is about 8 a day now. Give it 2-3 weeks and the daily deaths will be above 100, we are already at that level and increasing.

The current estimate is that suicides for the year may reach 6,000 tops...

Interestingly they where at their lowest levels since 2001 in the first quarter...

In short, your wrong by 36,000 and counting...

Source please...

As you were

"

Covid was registered as a mitigating factor in every death that occurred where covid was diagnosed, suicide is very different, drug overdoses aren't suicide, drinking yourself to death isn't suicide, cars rammed into trees aren't suicide, slashing your wrists in a bath isn't suicide, unless you leave a note saying your killing yourself it ain't suicide, death by misadventure, death by overdose, death by accident...

It’s very easy...

It can take 12-14 days after becoming ill where people realise they are in serious trouble and enter hospital

Whilst we’ve had people pass away within a week generally people can die much further down the line. We’ve had patients ventilated for 2 months plus, people pass away after 12 weeks etc.

The numbers are there, they are now in hospitals and increasing... in my small ward in Manchester our 3 admissions a week is about 8 a day now. Give it 2-3 weeks and the daily deaths will be above 100, we are already at that level and increasing."

Even 100 a day is small compared to what it was in April when we had 1000 on one day

13 deaths posted today

It's going to have to shoot up an awful lot and very quickly then

We shall see.

It’s very easy...

The numbers are there, they are now in hospitals and increasing... in my small ward in Manchester our 3 admissions a week is about 8 a day now. Give it 2-3 weeks and the daily deaths will be above 100, we are already at that level and increasing.

Even 100 a day is small compared to what it was in April when we had 1000 on one day

13 deaths posted today

We shall see."

I agree, if deaths and hospitalisations don't follow cases by mid October then we can stop panicking over case increases.

At the end of the day all were actually concerned about it overwhelming the NHS?

Hastings

You have to remember 1/4 of the UK hase hard restrictions and the rest are not living as they where befor CV19

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

It’s very easy...

13 deaths posted today

We shall see.

I agree, if deaths and hospitalisations don't follow cases by mid October then we can stop panicking over case increases.

At the end of the day all were actually concerned about it overwhelming the NHS?

"

Pretty much agree with this. We have to lockdown early because there is a 5 to 6 lag on peak deaths, but if infections don't rocket and deaths don't rise then we could open up end of october.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

How do we stop suicides?

Stop you from writing anything "

Epic bantz.

North West

If anyone wants to look at the data for their region, you can filter the stats here by area of the UK, but not down to city or town level, only region (I have it filtered for NW England here):

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/healthcare?areaType=nhsregion&areaName=North%20West

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

The current estimate is that suicides for the year may reach 6,000 tops...

Interestingly they where at their lowest levels since 2001 in the first quarter...

In short, your wrong by 36,000 and counting..."

The other thing wrong with the suicide argument is that there's no 'realtime' record of suicides, something that the CEO of The Samaritans stated recently.

That's mostly because the coroner has to record a death as suicide after an autopsy.

People have always committed suicide all year round (with some seasonal peaks) for various reasons and that, unfortunately, will continue - not every suicide can be attributed to Covid.

By *exycouplesswingCouple  over a year ago

tunbridge wells

Did you know you can’t catch suicide from another person?

Hastings

Did you know you can’t catch suicide from another person?

"

" Even 100 a day is small compared to what it was in April when we had 1000 on one day

13 deaths posted today

We shall see."

That’s the point... you miss the maths and timeline.

13 deaths a day relates to 3-4 weeks ago, a time where we had around 400-500 new infections a day, we where admitting about 3 people a week in my trust.

Fast forward to now... we are confirming 4K plus a day, 100’s if admissions across the U.K. trusts... we already know that death toll is coming.

We also know the infections and admissions are climbing... we are also pretty sure the new restrictions in place are not checking that growth either, the conditions to deliver your 1000 deaths a day are only a few weeks away. Come the end of November you may just be seeing them again or worst.

It's been suggested that it's done it's worst as far as deaths are concerned for now.

There are those who are still vulnerable with other underlying health issues that managed to avoid it but these numbers are much smaller now.

Maybe next year or the year after these numbers may again increase but no one can say as we don't know if or how natural immunity will work with it, or how effective a vaccine will be when they get one safe enough.

" Even 100 a day is small compared to what it was in April when we had 1000 on one day

13 deaths posted today

We shall see.

13 deaths a day relates to 3-4 weeks ago, a time where we had around 400-500 new infections a day, we where admitting about 3 people a week in my trust.

Fast forward to now... we are confirming 4K plus a day, 100’s if admissions across the U.K. trusts... we already know that death toll is coming.

We also know the infections and admissions are climbing... we are also pretty sure the new restrictions in place are not checking that growth either, the conditions to deliver your 1000 deaths a day are only a few weeks away. Come the end of November you may just be seeing them again or worst."

Not true,

The 13 deaths reported yesterday were just that.

They died in the last few days, not 4 weeks ago Why would deaths be reported 4 weeks late ?

If you look back at the figures on Worldometer you will see that the highest recoded number of daily deaths was on April the 11th when they peaked at just around 1100

And this was precisely the same day when the number of cases peaked at around 7500

By your reasoning if deaths are recorded 4 weeks late then they should have peaked on March 11th and the number of virus case would have peaked back sometime in mid February.

But they didn't

Look up the statistics

Hastings

13 deaths posted today

We shall see.

We also know the infections and admissions are climbing... we are also pretty sure the new restrictions in place are not checking that growth either, the conditions to deliver your 1000 deaths a day are only a few weeks away. Come the end of November you may just be seeing them again or worst."

Many some need to see it to be live it.

Some I'll include you are working so hard but others can't be assed.

Hastings

13 deaths posted today

We shall see.

We also know the infections and admissions are climbing... we are also pretty sure the new restrictions in place are not checking that growth either, the conditions to deliver your 1000 deaths a day are only a few weeks away. Come the end of November you may just be seeing them again or worst.

Not true,

They died in the last few days, not 4 weeks ago Why would deaths be reported 4 weeks late ?

If you look back at the figures on Worldometer you will see that the highest recoded number of daily deaths was on April the 11th when they peaked at just around 1100

And this was precisely the same day when the number of cases peaked at around 7500

By your reasoning if deaths are recorded 4 weeks late then they should have peaked on March 11th and the number of virus case would have peaked back sometime in mid February.

But they didn't

Look up the statistics"

No they mean you catch CV19 to day

In a week you get tested and bingo a positive.

Start the clock after a week your taken I to hospital 2 weeks later you die

So 3 to 4 weeks from getting it you die.

So 4 weeks agooo 500 a day where getting it 13 die or more it's the weekend so if 1000 got it to day In about 4 weeks 26 will die or more and the more that get if the more that die

Hastings

are you kind of sighing for a higher death count

By *ee And MikeCouple  over a year ago

Cannock

I think the point that everyone seems to miss is that we are a long, long way off a mass vaccination programme and through lots of different reasons the NHS is woefully inadequate for us to try and run with the ‘herd immunity theory’.

Hancock is way out of his depth because he has neither the intelligence or the ability to try and see a path through this.

Add all those things together and the country will be continued to be in lockdown in some form for possibly years to come.

We have a government that doesn’t know how to govern so uses ‘following the science’ as an excuse, we all know Whitey has made comments on numerous occasions that we should be in a lockdown until a vaccine is found.

I think when this is all over and we look at deaths from other sources and the mass unemployment we will wonder if trying to eradicate Covid19 was actually worth it !

I will just add this, we had a summer of people flocking to seaside resorts and we had so few deaths on the back of that, the government and media are desperate to report how high the cases are at present, yet deaths armrest still in low double figures. Either more people have had this virus and haven’t died or it’s mutating and becoming weaker.

What excuse will the government make in a couple of weeks if deaths aren’t up to 300 - 400 a day, will be very interesting !

"

Not true,

They died in the last few days, not 4 weeks ago Why would deaths be reported 4 weeks late ?"

Lordy... someone is being very dense here.

Covid does not work like this: man gets infected, coughs, falls over dead...

Those 13 deaths relate to today, yes... but they come from an infection time 3-4 weeks plus ago. That’s the time period they likely get infected before falling ill, becoming critical, enter hospital then lose their life.

Why do people struggle with this concept that the infection rates do not relate to deaths recorded on the same day???

13 deaths relates to a time period where confirmed infections actually was around 1/10th of todays figures... therefore don’t be surprised when we all looking at the 100’s in a few weeks time.

"There are those who are still vulnerable with other underlying health issues that managed to avoid it but these numbers are much smaller now."

Yes at the last count it’s only circa 15,000,000 with underlying health conditions in the U.K. the great majority also over 55...

Even if we plump for the higher 55k punt at those deaths involving covid... that’s not really dented the figures too much has it?

Hastings

The thing is do I have an underlying heath problem?

Ask you self that.

Do you feel lucky.

The truth is most of us don't know we hope we don't but do we know? I don't want to find out the hard way.....

By *ark Knight 2017Man  over a year ago

Ware

Source please...

As you were

"

The cases chart is updated each day and now shows apparent comparable levels of cases to March. It ignores the amount of testing and estimated incidence of the disease. If you rescale what we see now, to back then, what we see now is just the start of the surge.

Effectively we are on the early slope of an almost identical shaped surge, which is well on track to hit that 50k figure of +ve tests/day the medical profession has warned about

Which likely equates to 100k new cases per day. My point is they choose to focus on this chart which is pretty misleading and underplays the future threat.

A point I raised earlier but seems to be left out if most projections is that the numbers of those susceptible with underlying issues are proportionally much less now. This should account for far fewer deaths with similar numbers contracting it.

Does that make sense? But in a couple years the death rate could rise significantly depending on immunity.

By *couseratMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

I'd would guess the queen but if your a believer I guess your God "

Has to be the Dalai Lama surely, don't they believe in reincarnation?

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

And where did you get that from ? So since March your saying more people have died from suicide than from Covid , can we have facts "

more people have died from suicide in the last 3 weeks than covid

"

I AM NOT A NUMBER. I AM A FREE MAN

I AM NOT A NUMBER. I AM A FREE MAN "

Only monday to Friday I'm a free man...on a weekend I'm a free...

there has been more suicide deaths than covid deaths since March?

And where did you get that from ? So since March your saying more people have died from suicide than from Covid , can we have facts more people have died from suicide in the last 3 weeks than covid "

Really? Do you have figures to substiate that?

Someone raised this on another post saying 125 people had died that week from suicide and 27 from covid.

Last year on average 109 people a week took their own lives so that is a 16 person increase per week using those stats supplied. Or 2.29 per day vs 20 to 30 people dying of Covid.

Even if NO people took their own lives last year and EVERY suicide was attributable to covid (17) it still wouldn't match the covid fatality rate.

By *illy_the_tvTV/TS  over a year ago

hoorn, Netherlands

Do people not understand how pandemics work? The death rate will not massively rise as the first wave basically killed off the most at risk so you will now continually see the number of cases rise but the death rate will only slightly rise as its more healthy people become infected who have a much lower mortality chance with the virus.

"

Honestly can't believe that this has to be said, but it's because vulnerable people like our friend who has underlying health problems and our parents are isolating from everyone else as they don't want to die! Combine that with hospitals being much emptier, care homes now having more PPE available along with better procedures this all helps to prevent the most vulnerable dying and it's a really good reason why we don't want to open everything back up now as if you ignore all measures in place then the death rate will rapidly rise.

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Drove past the drive in testing centre in cardiff by the bluebirds stadium.

One carthat appeared to be having it's windscreen washed and about 20-30 staff sunbathing this was about 130pm today. So walhy cant people get local tests ???

People are or have become immune as t lymphocytes have now built up. If you lock down you lock the virus away. Open up it comes back out. If we had let it run its course most would be immune. It's taken longer because it's a new virus so taken us longer to develop immunity but the death rate is still statistical almost identical to flu.

Lock down just delays it doesn't stop.

Plus the testing they're using is not accurate so figures are inaccurate.

Just stay open,let it run and get it over with.

the wetlands

[Removed by poster at 29/09/20 16:04:58]

the wetlands

People are or have become immune as t lymphocytes have now built up. If you lock down you lock the virus away. Open up it comes back out. If we had let it run its course most would be immune. It's taken longer because it's a new virus so taken us longer to develop immunity but the death rate is still statistical almost identical to flu.

Just stay open,let it run and get it over with. "

Have you told the experts, I'm sure they would take your word for it

Have you told the experts, I'm sure they would take your word for it "

No I got it from an expert writing in the spectator. Next pithy remark please.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

I read that in France it’s not as potent at only 10% of the original strength. Hope that’s right and is what’s happening here?

Just stay open,let it run and get it over with. "

Lockdown buys time to find better treatments, to potentially find a vaccine and prevents the health service being overwhelmed. Clearly you don't understand how to treat or manage a new and infectious disease, and thankfully for the tens of thousands you would gladly kill, you aren't in a position to influence policy.

"I read that in France it’s not as potent at only 10% of the original strength. Hope that’s right and is what’s happening here?"

There is no substantial evidence it is weakening to that extent. They are now back to cancelling scheduled treatments in France to help cope with the upswing in hospital admissions.

Lockdown buys time to find better treatments, to potentially find a vaccine and prevents the health service being overwhelmed. Clearly you don't understand how to treat or manage a new and infectious disease, and thankfully for the tens of thousands you would gladly kill, you aren't in a position to influence policy."

Yep it's always the low risk group who would put others up to sacrifice...just so they can get a shag

By *exxxesCouple  over a year ago

Newbury / London

Not so low today, 71 just announced. Highest for quite some time indeed.

Its just not the deaths its the after effects of the virus plenty people reporting lung and various health problems and its people of all ages some of these only had a mild virus

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

"Covid is 24th in the league table of deaths,this has to stop and open everything up

It's 24th because we haven't opened up. "

No. We opened up properly at the beginning of July.

Remember, lockdowns don't work.

As you can see.

[Removed by poster at 29/09/20 17:13:47]

"Covid is 24th in the league table of deaths,this has to stop and open everything up

It's 24th because we haven't opened up.

No. We opened up properly at the beginning of July.

Remember, lockdowns don't work.

As you can see. "

Lockdown buys time to find better treatments, to potentially find a vaccine and prevents the health service being overwhelmed. Clearly you don't understand how to treat or manage a new and infectious disease, and thankfully for the tens of thousands you would gladly kill, you aren't in a position to influence policy.

Yep it's always the low risk group who would put others up to sacrifice...just so they can get a shag "

What's your propose then? Gimme an answer. Lockdown till it "goes away".

Come on answers.

Yep it's always the low risk group who would put others up to sacrifice...just so they can get a shag "

What is it with you characters wanting to protect the health services.? I thought they were supporting to protect and help us!? And why so keen to ruin the private sector and why so keen on a vaccine? It could take 5 to 10 years. Sweden is over it. Why not learn?

Would Captain Scott have said to Roald Amundsen. "It's OK old boy, you get to the South Pole first as I understand it gets a bit chilly at night".

Or Sir Edmund Hilary say to Sherpa Tensing "oooer the airs a bit thin up here, we'd better get off the mountain as we might die".

Yep it's always the low risk group who would put others up to sacrifice...just so they can get a shag

What is it with you characters wanting to protect the health services.? I thought they were supporting to protect and help us!? And why so keen to ruin the private sector and why so keen on a vaccine? It could take 5 to 10 years. Sweden is over it. Why not learn?"

Swedish death rates are the highest is Europe and Sweden is a very different culture to the UK’s

Today I found out that a 20 year old apprentice engineer in one of the plants I visit has been put in an induced coma so he can be respirated. He has no health issue and is fit, active and healthy. Don’t take the risk

Come on answers."

If left to me I'd shut the pubs and get the kids primed to be taught online as it seems the universities will be doing.

Which will get us over winter and hope like hell we get the silver bullet from somewhere in the world by spring.

Now I know you wont agree with me.

But your sacrificial plan is not the answer...

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Would Captain Scott have said to Roald Amundsen. "It's OK old boy, you get to the South Pole first as I understand it gets a bit chilly at night".

Or Sir Edmund Hilary say to Sherpa Tensing "oooer the airs a bit thin up here, we'd better get off the mountain as we might die". "

Sorry. What's your point?

Come on answers.

If left to me I'd shut the pubs and get the kids primed to be taught online as it seems the universities will be doing.

Which will get us over winter and hope like hell we get the silver bullet from somewhere in the world by spring.

But your sacrificial plan is not the answer... "

How many are you sacrificing when it comes to cancelled surgery,referrals. Suicide up,jobs lost never to return.

Suppose your hope of a silver bullet doesn't materialize?

Again look at sweden . They have about 5 people per day dying from covid out of a 10 million population. Less than cancer,heart disease.Medics who have worked with covid patients for months not infected. Why because most are resistance. It's useless locking down it will just come out again. You have to let it run . Deaths now in the uk are very low. We're gettingbghete but will get there if we just let it run it's course.

Come on answers.

But your sacrificial plan is not the answer...

How many are you sacrificing when it comes to cancelled surgery,referrals. Suicide up,jobs lost never to return.

Suppose your hope of a silver bullet doesn't materialize?

Again look at sweden . They have about 5 people per day dying from covid out of a 10 million population. Less than cancer,heart disease.Medics who have worked with covid patients for months not infected. Why because most are resistance. It's useless locking down it will just come out again. You have to let it run . Deaths now in the uk are very low. We're gettingbghete but will get there if we just let it run it's course. "

I said you wouldn't agree...I also said what I would do.

We will leave it there.

13 deaths posted today

We shall see.

Not true,

But they didn't

Look up the statistics"

Up from 13 to 71 today... you getting the concept yet fella?

By *woodcplCouple  over a year ago

Borehamwood

What is it with you characters wanting to protect the health services.? I thought they were supporting to protect and help us!? And why so keen to ruin the private sector and why so keen on a vaccine? It could take 5 to 10 years. Sweden is over it. Why not learn?"

Sweden is far from ‘over’ it. In fact there was a big rise last week in infections leading to their chief medical officer Tegnell saying that there is a very worrying upwards trend and now the government is considering increasing restrictions, particularly in Stockholm. Why not learn?

We were talking about this earlier today how the infection rates seem to be higher and higher every day yet deaths seem to have dropped through the floor.

Could it be that the vast vast amounts of deaths attributed to Covid over the first few months weren't actually anything to do with COVID-19

There has been no deaths from/of covid in Sweden for the last 3 days, iv just checked

We were talking about this earlier today how the infection rates seem to be higher and higher every day yet deaths seem to have dropped through the floor.

Could it be that the vast vast amounts of deaths attributed to Covid over the first few months weren't actually anything to do with COVID-19 "

Could it be that the vast vast amounts of deaths attributed to Covid over the first few months weren't actually anything to do with COVID-19

71"

Good film

the wetlands

Could it be that the vast vast amounts of deaths attributed to Covid over the first few months weren't actually anything to do with COVID-19 "

You really don't get it, do you ?

"There has been no deaths from/of covid in Sweden for the last 3 days, iv just checked"

The number of new infections has been rising over the last 3 weeks and the experts know that where a rise in cases goes a rise in deaths follows.

"There has been no deaths from/of covid in Sweden for the last 3 days, iv just checked

The number of new infections has been rising over the last 3 weeks and the experts know that where a rise in cases goes a rise in deaths follows."

Maybe, maybe not, I hope not

Long-COVID is now the problem for the Government. Long term care for those with effects such as lung damage, vascular problems, heart, liver and kidney issues. Surviving the virus is not necessarily a good outcome. I’d rather avoid it at all costs and if it means shielding and staying at home more so be it!

"There has been no deaths from/of covid in Sweden for the last 3 days, iv just checked

The number of new infections has been rising over the last 3 weeks and the experts know that where a rise in cases goes a rise in deaths follows.

Maybe, maybe not, I hope not"

Well I tend to listen to the experts on these matters.

Well I tend to listen to the experts on these matters."

As do i

By *F65Man  over a year ago

Ventnor

Every Year: 6.7 million die of hunger, 797 million have no access to clean water, 17 million die of heart disease.

So far this year 9.7 million from other communicable diseases (i.e. Viruses)

1.2 million by HIV/AIDS, 6.1 million from cancer, 11.8 million smoking, 1.8 million alcohol. The list goes on but we never get bent out of shape over all of these?

By *dwimborneMan  over a year ago

wimborne

The rise you are seeing is a rise in positive test results not infections or cases. The PCR test's CT rate is set at 45 which is far too sensitive and returns a false positive rate of between .8% - 1.4% which means 80% + of the positive test results are false positives.

I'm still waiting for the mad rush of infections and deaths from the mass protests in May/June that didn't happen.

Or the infections and deaths from the packed beaches. That also didn't happen.

People are going to die in a pandemic.

We're in one.

You can try putting restrictions and lockdowns in place, but, ultimately this just delays the inevitable. They're only meant to be used as a short-term fix, not long-term.

Nobody's used to this, this is the problem.

We need natural immunity to be achieved through herd immunity.

Government needs to stop playing hide and seek with this virus and people need to face facts. The path we're on isn't going to give us an exit strategy.

Wake up, use common sense & get a grip ffs.

By *ark Knight 2017Man  over a year ago

Ware

"The rise you are seeing is a rise in positive test results not infections or cases. The PCR test's CT rate is set at 45 which is far too sensitive and returns a false positive rate of between .8% - 1.4% which means 80% + of the positive test results are false positives.

I'm still waiting for the mad rush of infections and deaths from the mass protests in May/June that didn't happen.

"

Maybe, maybe not, I hope not"

There’s zero maybe about it...

At the start of this pandemic for every 5 into icu we lost three, end of story. With all the knowledge gained since we now lose 1 in 3, there’s nothing we can do to save that life.

We are up to around 8 admissions a day currently on my ward, we know 2-3 of them will sadly pass away.

For the record... yesterday’s 13 and today’s 71 seem are doth a bit of a blip, we feel the National daily average should be about 50 deaths a day but we already know that’s going to rise over the next 3 weeks, probably longer in truth.

"The rise you are seeing is a rise in positive test results not infections or cases. The PCR test's CT rate is set at 45 which is far too sensitive and returns a false positive rate of between .8% - 1.4% which means 80% + of the positive test results are false positives.

"

Why don’t you actually read up on the infection models for covid-19... you’d realise the huge difference between inside and outside as an environment and then you’d think about the coming cold months and realise we have been incredibly lucky so far this year at minimising the affects of the virus and just how disastrous the coming period could be.

By *atherjackhackettMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

Ok I'm really starting to have second thoughts on all this. Not sure how deaths are labelled in UK but here in Ireland it's died WITH covid where as used be FROM covid. Like how many people died DIRECTLY FROM Covid and had absolutely zero other health issues? This is what I want to know.

By *ovelybumCouple  over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

"People are going to die in a pandemic.

We're in one.

You can try putting restrictions and lockdowns in place, but, ultimately this just delays the inevitable. They're only meant to be used as a short-term fix, not long-term.

Government needs to stop playing hide and seek with this virus and people need to face facts. The path we're on isn't going to give us an exit strategy.

Wake up, use common sense & get a grip ffs. "

Exactly this

Unfortunately common sense is a very rare commodity this days it seems.

Why don’t you actually read up on the infection models for covid-19... you’d realise the huge difference between inside and outside as an environment and then you’d think about the coming cold months and realise we have been incredibly lucky so far this year at minimising the affects of the virus and just how disastrous the coming period could be."

Exactly

We got it coming to spring and stifled somewhat with a lock down through spring and into summer...now we've opened up it's on the rise and we have all of autumn and winter to go through..so we need to get a grip on this now.

What is it with you characters wanting to protect the health services.? I thought they were supporting to protect and help us!? And why so keen to ruin the private sector and why so keen on a vaccine? It could take 5 to 10 years. Sweden is over it. Why not learn?

Sweden is far from ‘over’ it. In fact there was a big rise last week in infections leading to their chief medical officer Tegnell saying that there is a very worrying upwards trend and now the government is considering increasing restrictions, particularly in Stockholm. Why not learn?"

Infection isn't death.

"There has been no deaths from/of covid in Sweden for the last 3 days, iv just checked"

"Ok I'm really starting to have second thoughts on all this. Not sure how deaths are labelled in UK but here in Ireland it's died WITH covid where as used be FROM covid. Like how many people died DIRECTLY FROM Covid and had absolutely zero other health issues? This is what I want to know. "

How many people die directly from AIDS?

By *atherjackhackettMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

"Ok I'm really starting to have second thoughts on all this. Not sure how deaths are labelled in UK but here in Ireland it's died WITH covid where as used be FROM covid. Like how many people died DIRECTLY FROM Covid and had absolutely zero other health issues? This is what I want to know.

How many people die directly from AIDS?"

No idea. Why do you reference AIDS?

"People are going to die in a pandemic.

We're in one.

Wake up, use common sense & get a grip ffs. "

Interesting how it's generally people who aren't in the high risk groups that propose this course of action.

"Ok I'm really starting to have second thoughts on all this. Not sure how deaths are labelled in UK but here in Ireland it's died WITH covid where as used be FROM covid. Like how many people died DIRECTLY FROM Covid and had absolutely zero other health issues? This is what I want to know.

How many people die directly from AIDS?

No idea. Why do you reference AIDS?"

AIDS doesn't kill people, they die from something else but that doesn't mean AIDS isn't dangerous. Similarly, people with conditions that are exacerbated by Covid 19 may not die from Covid 19 but they also wouldn't have died without it.

Tunbridge Wells

" Interesting how it's generally people who aren't in the high risk groups that propose this course of action."

Probably this sort of people are gonna get us out of this mess. And how exactly do you know who's in a high risk group or not? Holding a medical report on all fab members perhaps?

wimborne

"

Why don’t you actually read up on the infection models for covid-19... you’d realise the huge difference between inside and outside as an environment and then you’d think about the coming cold months and realise we have been incredibly lucky so far this year at minimising the affects of the virus and just how disastrous the coming period could be."

I have actually read up on that thank you, did I mispost? as thought I was on a thread "Number of deaths still low" and was giving my opinion to the OP's questions on why there are a relatively higher number of positive test results but a low number of deaths. As they asked

So what is happening here?

How do they explain that?

I don't think I mentioned the upcoming flu season or the indoor/outdoor transmission rates of the virus of which I'm familiar with, but thanks for your recommendation.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Uk case numbers have been going down for days, they are not increasing exponentially.

" Interesting how it's generally people who aren't in the high risk groups that propose this course of action.

Probably this sort of people are gonna get us out of this mess. And how exactly do you know who's in a high risk group or not? Holding a medical report on all fab members perhaps? "

Call it an educated guess, I strongly suspect the people shouting loudest to let the disease rip through the population are not the ones at high risk of dying from it.

"Uk case numbers have been going down for days, they are not increasing exponentially. "

Yet today it was announced that we have the highest number of new infections since July.

By *rK MrsJCouple  over a year ago

Kidderminster

People are going on about this being the second wave how can it be a second wave when the first wave did not disappear.

"I don't think I mentioned the upcoming flu season or the indoor/outdoor transmission rates of the virus of which I'm familiar with, but thanks for your recommendation. "

It’s very simple... the deaths are already in progress. Admission rates are shooting up, given a bit of time a large percentage will die.

The point is you cited “where are all the deaths from raves, beach gatherings etc”... the risk compared to indoor contact is fractional (as you state you already know).

71 people died today... if that was soldiers in Afghanistan etc I’m sure we’d all be saying give them better equipment, get them out or whatever... yet I suppose supporting them wouldn’t mean making any personal sacrifice would it.

...Up on the Downs

"Uk case numbers have been going down for days, they are not increasing exponentially.

Yet today it was announced that we have the highest number of new infections since July."

Not so according to the data.

Tunbridge Wells

" Interesting how it's generally people who aren't in the high risk groups that propose this course of action.

Probably this sort of people are gonna get us out of this mess. And how exactly do you know who's in a high risk group or not? Holding a medical report on all fab members perhaps?

Call it an educated guess, I strongly suspect the people shouting loudest to let the disease rip through the population are not the ones at high risk of dying from it."

Not suggesting we should leave "the disease rip through population", but playing hide and seek with it is not going to help us either.

Call it an educated guess, I strongly suspect the people shouting loudest to let the disease rip through the population are not the ones at high risk of dying from it. Not suggesting we should leave "the disease rip through population", but playing hide and seek with it is not going to help us either. "

So what do you suggest?

All bull shit work mate got a positive test but he never had the test he was booked in but when he got there couldn't do it

You really don't get it, do you ?"

Well I was asking a question but feel free to enlighten me

wimborne

"I don't think I mentioned the upcoming flu season or the indoor/outdoor transmission rates of the virus of which I'm familiar with, but thanks for your recommendation.

It’s very simple... the deaths are already in progress. Admission rates are shooting up, given a bit of time a large percentage will die.

The point is you cited “where are all the deaths from raves, beach gatherings etc”... the risk compared to indoor contact is fractional (as you state you already know).

71 people died today... if that was soldiers in Afghanistan etc I’m sure we’d all be saying give them better equipment, get them out or whatever... yet I suppose supporting them wouldn’t mean making any personal sacrifice would it.

"

What on earth are you going on about? you're making no sense and that's an awful analogy and again, I don't think I mentioned making or not making personal sacrifices, better or worse equipment.

In fact I know I have not mentioned equipment, are you mixing up your replies?

I didn't mention today's deaths either. But as you brought it up 71 deaths listed in in UK today. Wales 3, 44 in English hospitals, majority over 80, 2 under 60 rest 60-80.

There’s zero maybe about it...

At the start of this pandemic for every 5 into icu we lost three, end of story. With all the knowledge gained since we now lose 1 in 3, there’s nothing we can do to save that life.

We are up to around 8 admissions a day currently on my ward, we know 2-3 of them will sadly pass away.

For the record... yesterday’s 13 and today’s 71 seem are doth a bit of a blip, we feel the National daily average should be about 50 deaths a day but we already know that’s going to rise over the next 3 weeks, probably longer in truth.

"

That's weird, my mate is a nurse at Blackburn Royal and he said its not any busier, no beds filling up, that's in ICU as well

"I don't think I mentioned the upcoming flu season or the indoor/outdoor transmission rates of the virus of which I'm familiar with, but thanks for your recommendation.

What on earth are you going on about? you're making no sense and that's an awful analogy and again, I don't think I mentioned making or not making personal sacrifices, better or worse equipment.

I didn't mention today's deaths either. But as you brought it up 71 deaths listed in in UK today. Wales 3, 44 in English hospitals, majority over 80, 2 under 60 rest 60-80."

And your reference to age... Is that suggesting that over 60’s aren’t really an issue?

Your initial post seemed to be stating you where still waiting for death tolls to turn up... you seem to be questioning the need to take action to avoid the spread of this virus.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"Uk case numbers have been going down for days, they are not increasing exponentially. "

Sunday/Monday figures are often lower than the trend... trend line still shows doubling every 10 days

By *F65Man  over a year ago

Ventnor

Take time to read it rather than hide behind your sofa

https://www.aier.org/article/open-letter-from-medical-doctors-and-health-professionals-to-all-belgian-authorities-and-all-belgian-media/

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

Easy to explain.

The rise in virus infections this time round is happening more among the under 40s who were and are still less likely to be hospitalised or die from it.

Part of the reason for the current restrictions - is to stop it spreading over to the more vulnerable who could potentially die from it.

the wetlands

You really don't get it, do you ?

Well I was asking a question but feel free to enlighten me "

Those most at risk are still either shielding or being very careful about catching the virus but it's only a matter of time if those least at risk are stupid and spread the virus.

People working in care homes have children.

wimborne

"

Where are these admission rates shooting up? as they are not in England, Here are the actual total covid admissions with daily increase in brackets.

Sep 29: 1881 (-2)

28: 1883(162)

27: 1721(99)

26: 1622(7)

25: 1615(134)

24: 1481(100)

23: 1381(46)

22: 1335(74)

21: 1261(120)

20: 1141(93)

19: 1048(60)

18: 988(35)

17: 953(59)

16: 894(28)

15: 866(84)

14: 782(121)

13: 661(28)

I don't see much "shooting up" going on for a country with 65 million.

"Take time to read it rather than hide behind your sofa

https://www.aier.org/article/open-letter-from-medical-doctors-and-health-professionals-to-all-belgian-authorities-and-all-belgian-media/"

I’m not hiding behind my sofa, I’m going to work every day and taking appropriate precautions such as hand washing, social distancing, and wearing a mask.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I don't think it's comparable anymore because they don't report in the same way they did back then. It was all deaths then, now they only count it if it's with 28 days of a positive test. I think.

"That's weird, my mate is a nurse at Blackburn Royal and he said its not any busier, no beds filling up, that's in ICU as well "

Well today’s 174 estimated admissions across the NW, 73 of them COVID-19 confirmed already... I guess like you say, weird that your mate in one of the NW black spots isn’t seeing any of them.

"I don't think it's comparable anymore because they don't report in the same way they did back then. It was all deaths then, now they only count it if it's with 28 days of a positive test. I think. "

Exactly and to be honest a large percentage of the ventilated can last 28 days plus.

wimborne

I didn't mention today's deaths either. But as you brought it up 71 deaths listed in in UK today. Wales 3, 44 in English hospitals, majority over 80, 2 under 60 rest 60-80.

And your reference to age... Is that suggesting that over 60’s aren’t really an issue?

Your initial post seemed to be stating you where still waiting for death tolls to turn up... you seem to be questioning the need to take action to avoid the spread of this virus."

Why on earth are you assuming all this rubbish.

I won't reply to you anymore as you are clearly a troll as you make absolutely no sense.

"I won't reply to you anymore as you are clearly a troll as you make absolutely no sense. "

Fabulous, everyone can read your post and take their own view x

"Do people not understand how pandemics work? The death rate will not massively rise as the first wave basically killed off the most at risk so you will now continually see the number of cases rise but the death rate will only slightly rise as its more healthy people become infected who have a much lower mortality chance with the virus. "

Been saying that a while now.

The others thing about this virus is that when it hit China last year it was already in a very advanced developed stage. Many virologists have suggested because of this it was probably around in China for 6 months to a year before.

London

"I don't think it's comparable anymore because they don't report in the same way they did back then. It was all deaths then, now they only count it if it's with 28 days of a positive test. I think. "

That’s correct. Those who test positive for covid, but die of covid after 28 days, are not being counted among the covid deaths anymore.

...Up on the Downs

Where are these admission rates shooting up? as they are not in England, Here are the actual total covid admissions with daily increase in brackets.

I don't see much "shooting up" going on for a country with 65 million."

We cannot sustain the destruction of our economy for such small numbers.

"We cannot sustain the destruction of our economy for such small numbers. "

Which of your family members are you prepared to sacrifice on the altar of capitalism?

By *hyKentGuyMan  over a year ago

sheerness

Today they say a milestone of 1 million deaths worldwide from Covid 19 was reached today. Over a million people die in road traffic accidents worldwide but we still don’t think twice to driving or getting in to a car every day!

scotland

"Today they say a milestone of 1 million deaths worldwide from Covid 19 was reached today. Over a million people die in road traffic accidents worldwide but we still don’t think twice to driving or getting in to a car every day!"

There wouldn't be that many road traffic accidents if the roads were shut.

sheerness

"Today they say a milestone of 1 million deaths worldwide from Covid 19 was reached today. Over a million people die in road traffic accidents worldwide but we still don’t think twice to driving or getting in to a car every day!

There wouldn't be that many road traffic accidents if the roads were shut."

sheerness

Exactly!

scotland

I don't see much "shooting up" going on for a country with 65 million.

We cannot sustain the destruction of our economy for such small numbers. "

Small sample but looks like doubling every 10 days.

To simplify the maths, let's call it 2,000 at the moment.

There are about 90 days until christmas. That's 9x 10 day periods.

10 days - 2k

20 - 4k

30 - 8k

40 - 16k

50 - 32k

60 - 64k

70 - 128k

80 - 256k

90 - 512k covid admissions. Merry Christmas...

scotland

"Exactly! "

SO there would be many times more deaths from covid if there was no lockdown.

...Up on the Downs

"We cannot sustain the destruction of our economy for such small numbers.

Which of your family members are you prepared to sacrifice on the altar of capitalism?"

Nothing to do with capitalism - even more will die if we impoverish our nation, how many thousands more are you demanding are sacrificed?

We can save the few, or the many, not both.

"We cannot sustain the destruction of our economy for such small numbers.

Which of your family members are you prepared to sacrifice on the altar of capitalism?

Nothing to do with capitalism - even more will die if we impoverish our nation, how many thousands more are you demanding are sacrificed?

We can save the few, or the many, not both."

Thats a rather poor choice of words considering the "few" you talk about have already sacrificed so much so you can have the freedom you Currently have.

I don't know why we are chatting over this government are lead by medical people nothing is going to change that for general public views mass unemployment or not when its alll over the main protity is getting young people into work I feel unemployed middle aged are going to find this more then challenging

I don't see much "shooting up" going on for a country with 65 million."

You’ve just proven your own point... in two weeks admissions have near enough tripled. So, another two weeks... 6000, another two weeks later 1800...

And to point out the obvious, the above are the ICU admission/capacity figures I believe. That discounts a huge number outside of HDU/ICU with the potential for their scenario to degenerate. Many will spend a week or two on a lesser care level before becoming critical.

London

“..... Sweden is over it. Why not learn?...”

———————————

Sweden over what ??

Currently Sweden is experiencing higher new daily infections and higher deaths than it’s neighbours Norway & Finland and all the other Nordic countries.

"Would Captain Scott have said to Roald Amundsen. "It's OK old boy, you get to the South Pole first as I understand it gets a bit chilly at night".

Or Sir Edmund Hilary say to Sherpa Tensing "oooer the airs a bit thin up here, we'd better get off the mountain as we might die".

Sorry. What's your point?"

Many of us Human beings actually quite happy to take a bit of a risk to achieve something. Pretty obvious I'd have thought. You seem to think otherwise and I respect that so trying to do it your way but my natural instinct is to do stuff that possibly you would not consider as too risky so eventually some of us think "oh fuck it, I've had enough of this, let's live a bit and do something I've never done before."

"Do people not understand how pandemics work? The death rate will not massively rise as the first wave basically killed off the most at risk so you will now continually see the number of cases rise but the death rate will only slightly rise as its more healthy people become infected who have a much lower mortality chance with the virus. "

But, this is common sense though. Something that's in short supply on these forums.

"Exactly!

SO there would be many times more deaths from covid if there was no lockdown."

Well, many more would catch it but the death rate would be proportionally less. Most do not die from it. Most of those who have died, have other underlying health issues which and it accelerated their death because big weak immunity.

The numbers with underlying health issue with a susceptable weak immunity have now vastly deceased.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"Do people not understand how pandemics work? The death rate will not massively rise as the first wave basically killed off the most at risk so you will now continually see the number of cases rise but the death rate will only slightly rise as its more healthy people become infected who have a much lower mortality chance with the virus.

But, this is common sense though. Something that's in short supply on these forums. "

I would suggest some are less clever with less common sense than they think! For the first wave to have killed off all those most at risk it would have had to be left to run its course, it wasn’t and it didn’t. We artificially cut the first wave by going into lockdown when we did! The vast majority of those most at risk did not get exposed to virus in the first wave.

By *ictoriaathomeTV/TS  over a year ago

Huddersfield

Source please...

As you were

Great Post!

"

London

"I think the point that everyone seems to miss is that we are a long, long way off a mass vaccination programme and through lots of different reasons the NHS is woefully inadequate for us to try and run with the ‘herd immunity theory’.

Hancock is way out of his depth because he has neither the intelligence or the ability to try and see a path through this.

Add all those things together and the country will be continued to be in lockdown in some form for possibly years to come.

We have a government that doesn’t know how to govern so uses ‘following the science’ as an excuse, we all know Whitey has made comments on numerous occasions that we should be in a lockdown until a vaccine is found.

I think when this is all over and we look at deaths from other sources and the mass unemployment we will wonder if trying to eradicate Covid19 was actually worth it !

I will just add this, we had a summer of people flocking to seaside resorts and we had so few deaths on the back of that, the government and media are desperate to report how high the cases are at present, yet deaths armrest still in low double figures. Either more people have had this virus and haven’t died or it’s mutating and becoming weaker.

What excuse will the government make in a couple of weeks if deaths aren’t up to 300 - 400 a day, will be very interesting !

"

“...... What excuse will the government make in a couple of weeks if deaths aren’t up to 300 - 400 a day....”

—————————-

The government will not need to make an ‘excuse’ if the deaths aren’t up to 300-400 a day in a couple of weeks.

If the above scenario happens, it will prove that local lockdowns and other restrictions have worked !! - thereby preventing 300-400 deaths a day.

"I think the point that everyone seems to miss is that we are a long, long way off a mass vaccination programme and through lots of different reasons the NHS is woefully inadequate for us to try and run with the ‘herd immunity theory’.

“...... What excuse will the government make in a couple of weeks if deaths aren’t up to 300 - 400 a day....”

—————————-

The government will not need to make an ‘excuse’ if the deaths aren’t up to 300-400 a day in a couple of weeks.

If the above scenario happens, it will prove that local lockdowns and other restrictions have worked !! - thereby preventing 300-400 deaths a day. "

So the government advisors can never be proven wrong. Even though other epidemiologists questioned their predictions/not predictions.

If their predictions/not predictions come about they can say we told you so.

If their predictions/not predictions don't come about they can say it's because of the restrictions we put in place.

Conveniently glossing over that restrictions have been in place in the north for weeks now and the positive tests keep going up.

Many of us Human beings actually quite happy to take a bit of a risk to achieve something. Pretty obvious I'd have thought. You seem to think otherwise and I respect that so trying to do it your way but my natural instinct is to do stuff that possibly you would not consider as too risky so eventually some of us think "oh fuck it, I've had enough of this, let's live a bit and do something I've never done before.""

That's fine when your actions only affect you. With this disease, people going "fuck it I'm going to a party" then goes on to affect the people they come across in the supermarket, you know, the ones that are vulnerable and only leaving their houses for essential tasks. This forces them to be exposed to a higher risk they would avoid if they could, all because someone else couldn't be bothered to stick to the rules.

—————————-

If the above scenario happens, it will prove that local lockdowns and other restrictions have worked !! - thereby preventing 300-400 deaths a day.

So the government advisors can never be proven wrong. Even though other epidemiologists questioned their predictions/not predictions.

If their predictions/not predictions don't come about they can say it's because of the restrictions we put in place.

Conveniently glossing over that restrictions have been in place in the north for weeks now and the positive tests keep going up. "

Says the person conveniently glossing over the significant levels of non compliance with the rules and restrictions in precisely the places where infections are rising.

the wetlands

—————————-

Conveniently glossing over that restrictions have been in place in the north for weeks now and the positive tests keep going up. "

Firstly, anyone can be proven wrong, the government advisors haven't and they include epidemiologists.

Secondly, the restrictions aren't working in the north due to many people questioning and many ignoring them

Are you one of the many

By *urekamanfor2Man  over a year ago

Canterbury

Many of us Human beings actually quite happy to take a bit of a risk to achieve something. Pretty obvious I'd have thought. You seem to think otherwise and I respect that so trying to do it your way but my natural instinct is to do stuff that possibly you would not consider as too risky so eventually some of us think "oh fuck it, I've had enough of this, let's live a bit and do something I've never done before."

That's fine when your actions only affect you. With this disease, people going "fuck it I'm going to a party" then goes on to affect the people they come across in the supermarket, you know, the ones that are vulnerable and only leaving their houses for essential tasks. This forces them to be exposed to a higher risk they would avoid if they could, all because someone else couldn't be bothered to stick to the rules."

It's either supreme selfishness or stupidity

That's fine when your actions only affect you. With this disease, people going "fuck it I'm going to a party" then goes on to affect the people they come across in the supermarket, you know, the ones that are vulnerable and only leaving their houses for essential tasks. This forces them to be exposed to a higher risk they would avoid if they could, all because someone else couldn't be bothered to stick to the rules."

And here lies the problem nowhere did he say he wanted to go to a party. It's the usual trope now. I think I'm capable of washing my hands, keeping my distance, wearing a mask indoors and can live my life accordingly. That doesn't mean I want to go to a party. get pissed or go and get fucked.

As for the argument about giving it to someone in a supermarket if as we have been told close contact is within 2 metres for longer than 15 minutes and most people are wearing masks I question how great that risk is.

All, all of these measures now are going to do is compleatly wreck thousands maybe millions of lives.

For those of us unlucky enough to remember 83 onward up to approx 87,,will very well remember what such a recession did to the country.

Thousands lost homes, jobs,... The mental state of thousands will go down hill rapid.

Do not be under any illusion this will be bad,, and I'm predicting hardship as maybe never been seen on this scale by any of us.

So I do think yes open the country back up again or stop fucking about and go for a date in say 2 months,, then enforce total lock down for 3-4 weeks,, and I do mean total lock down.

People waiting for the miracle vaccine well it could be years away yet,,, and remember this will be years you will never ever get back