FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Death figures

Death figures

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eatrice Badinage OP   Woman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Are we fixated on high death figures before we are willing to comply with restrictions,

Interview with professor Calum Semple this morning about liverpool and their new tier restrictions with him reporting that over half of the hospital is covid-19 cases and 22 on ventilators...

Clusterf*ck is on its way again

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Perhaps we should hear a lot more about survival rates to get an accurate picture. Constant barrage of death rates and restrictions etc will be severely impacting some people's mental health thus adding to it in some cases.

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

I dont belive the death figures are right ,every death is being put on regardless of what they died from its been proven from cases ...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Perhaps we should hear a lot more about survival rates to get an accurate picture. Constant barrage of death rates and restrictions etc will be severely impacting some people's mental health thus adding to it in some cases. "

Agree to some extent. However I have three friends, all were middle aged and with no underlying health issues who had COVID in the first phase. Two of them have had many relapses and even 6 months on are nowhere near their old fitness levels. I think it's called Long Covid. So it's difficult to give figures for those who have recovered I'm afraid.

"Perhaps we should hear a lot more about survival rates to get an accurate picture. Constant barrage of death rates and restrictions etc will be severely impacting some people's mental health thus adding to it in some cases. "

So agree...they should have a balance of good and bad not just focussing on the bad. From balance you can gain balance but to overload on the dark and the bad is just going to put fear into people. To lead by fear is wrong and is having its own effect on people.

"I dont belive the death figures are right ,every death is being put on regardless of what they died from its been proven from cases ..."

That's not correct. The definition is "Tested positive for COVID within 28 days of death."

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Perhaps we should hear a lot more about survival rates to get an accurate picture. Constant barrage of death rates and restrictions etc will be severely impacting some people's mental health thus adding to it in some cases.

Agree to some extent. However I have three friends, all were middle aged and with no underlying health issues who had COVID in the first phase. Two of them have had many relapses and even 6 months on are nowhere near their old fitness levels. I think it's called Long Covid. So it's difficult to give figures for those who have recovered I'm afraid. "

But they have survived. Which is good news. That was my point. X

More to this 'covid19' than meets the eye now.

"More to this 'covid19' than meets the eye now."

In what respect?

"I dont belive the death figures are right ,every death is being put on regardless of what they died from its been proven from cases ..."

are you about to declare you don't understand the comorbidity of this virus and existing conditions?

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

No its not. That's just nonsense.

Tin town

"Perhaps we should hear a lot more about survival rates to get an accurate picture. Constant barrage of death rates and restrictions etc will be severely impacting some people's mental health thus adding to it in some cases.

So agree...they should have a balance of good and bad not just focussing on the bad. From balance you can gain balance but to overload on the dark and the bad is just going to put fear into people. To lead by fear is wrong and is having its own effect on people. "

Good point. Would be great to see some of the good news.

anyone else as sense of trump mentality resurging?

tell people the good news,yes ppl recover.

in some cases mild symptoms yes, in my case it was mild enough not to be hospitalized,but for the pain and anxiety of a very hard of breathing for several days. Now just imagine also you might be a little older(for simple daily tasks) and/or with a health condition.

yup I'm scared and morseo towards my elder family members.I really dont want them potentially dying in pain,fear and loneliness.

now let's get back to lockdowns etc,some haven't made much sense and have been mildly less strict than a few countries and guess what?

the complainers or deniers or the selfish have utterly fucked it up along with some of the governments mishandling.

So now, we end up facing stricter rules and they ain't coming from the EU,WHO,BILLGATES/SOROS etc

Financially we all want/need to make money so things should be opened as soon as possible,when it IS safer and things are done proper.

We haven't really gotten to the flu season yet- thank god for a possibly global warming winter eh?

"More to this 'covid19' than meets the eye now.

In what respect?"

This has been going on alot longer than Feb... this year.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

So agree...they should have a balance of good and bad not just focussing on the bad. From balance you can gain balance but to overload on the dark and the bad is just going to put fear into people. To lead by fear is wrong and is having its own effect on people.

Good point. Would be great to see some of the good news. "

By *xelf787Man  over a year ago

Chorlton, Manchester

"I dont belive the death figures are right ,every death is being put on regardless of what they died from its been proven from cases ...

That's not correct. The definition is "Tested positive for COVID within 28 days of death."

"

It's actually died within 28 days of positive Covid test so the above statement is correct

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Survival is a very loose term as many are left with terrible after effects and permanant lung damage,this is terrible for them and the country

By *weetandHungMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Don’t even think covid exists to be honest. It’s a load of bollocks in my eyes

Serious question, why?

We get the figures about the number of cases and we get the figures about number of deaths, surely it’s just a case of simple subtraction?

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

In what respect?

This has been going on alot longer than Feb... this year."

Covid spreads quickly and has a high enough mortality rate to impact stats. Had it been going on much longer then we would have seen higher excess deaths in the UK and globally for months before we were aware of the condition.

By *ykmwyldTV/TS  over a year ago

Belpre

We are over 216,000 actual covid19 deaths in the US, and we are still having nearly 700 actual covid19 deaths everyday. Our so called president has seriously screwed up and continues to screw up daily, and of course you have the idiots that won't comply with what they should be doing to protect other people, so it just keeps going and going.

This is a mess that should never have gotten to this point. Very Poor Leadership Costs Lives !

But we don't need to be told survival rates. We have daily figures of how many people are infected and figures of who have died so the difference are the survivors.

Good point. Would be great to see some of the good news. "

We did though.

I saw loads of images on the news of people being clapped my medical staff as they left hospital.

"Don’t even think covid exists to be honest. It’s a load of bollocks in my eyes"

Then you are lucky but you haven't had to go to a funeral of someone that you love who has died from it or seen the disastrous after effect for some people that are still struggling with the long term side effects.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Don’t even think covid exists to be honest. It’s a load of bollocks in my eyes"

Having an opinion like this in Maghull is very dangerous if you want Merseyside area to go back to anywhere like normal. Ask anyone who works at any of the hospitals and they'll tell you. Whiston is apparently inundated already.

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

*Sigh* I'm really starting to lose faith in the human race.

yes and the world is flat,if only we could become as 'woke' as you.

By *addyBabygirl2020Couple  over a year ago

norwich

How many of the 22 people on ventilators are on them because if Covid or caught Covid while already on a ventilator?

Genuinely interested to know this

"How many of the 22 people on ventilators are on them because if Covid or caught Covid while already on a ventilator?

Genuinely interested to know this"

Huh?

A lot of dead people would disagree with you. At least they would if they were - you know - still alive and capable of debunking mad conspiracy theories.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

In what respect?

This has been going on alot longer than Feb... this year."

Yes it has I had a couple of friends with Al the symptoms back in October/November time last year. They were told by their GP's it was viral.

By *arahspiceCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Simply not true , certainly not in the hospital I work at .

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

Survival rates are not published because a high percentage of people have on going issues months after been given all clear.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

I’ve known 5 People who have had it ... Age range 20s to 50s no problems all recovered and 2 had other health conditions the media like to paint the doom and gloom to keep you all scared and trapped ..

Flintshire

"I dont belive the death figures are right ,every death is being put on regardless of what they died from its been proven from cases ...

Simply not true , certainly not in the hospital I work at ."

So how many are in your hospital right now with

It???

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

"I’ve known 5 People who have had it ... Age range 20s to 50s no problems all recovered and 2 had other health conditions the media like to paint the doom and gloom to keep you all scared and trapped .. "

Well there's all the evidence you need right there. Phew, crisis over

Flintshire

"I’ve known 5 People who have had it ... Age range 20s to 50s no problems all recovered and 2 had other health conditions the media like to paint the doom and gloom to keep you all scared and trapped ..

Well there's all the evidence you need right there. Phew, crisis over

"

Never said that !!!! Ha ha ha

By *eeker of truthMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Simply not true , certainly not in the hospital I work at ."

It is true, please stop saying it isn't.

Just listen to the wording they use on news

"13,000 cases, 50 deaths from people that tested positive of covid in last 28 days".

That means it doesnt matter what they died of but if they tested postive for covid but died with 28 days of that postive test then they are going to be added to that statistic of daily death count.

Its all in the wording they are using.

Flintshire

"13,000 cases, 50 deaths from people that tested positive of covid in last 28 days".

That means it doesnt matter what they died of but if they tested postive for covid but died with 28 days of that postive test then they are going to be added to that statistic of daily death count.

"

Spot on

norwich

"How many of the 22 people on ventilators are on them because if Covid or caught Covid while already on a ventilator?

Huh?

"

Its a simple question. You could already be on a ventilator because of something like serious trauma after a road traffic accident, then catch covid in hospital, abd become a covid patient on a ventilator statistic

In a Sparkly Dress

Huh?

Its a simple question. You could already be on a ventilator because of something like serious trauma after a road traffic accident, then catch covid in hospital, abd become a covid patient on a ventilator statistic "

He didn't elaborate on the individual cases

norwich

Huh?

Its a simple question. You could already be on a ventilator because of something like serious trauma after a road traffic accident, then catch covid in hospital, abd become a covid patient on a ventilator statistic

He didn't elaborate on the individual cases"

I only asked as out local hospital, despite all the staffs best efforts and taking every precaution possible, became a hot bed for Covid infection.

So the situation within the hospital was prehaps not the best representation of the situation in the wider community.

[Removed by poster at 13/10/20 07:01:59]

In a Sparkly Dress

Huh?

I only asked as out local hospital, despite all the staffs best efforts and taking every precaution possible, became a hot bed for Covid infection.

So the situation within the hospital was prehaps not the best representation of the situation in the wider community.

"

Its in the news over a few different news sources that Liverpool UH NHS trust is cancelling and relocating elective surgery as all 3 hospitals cannot cope with the rising admissions which goes against NHS englands advice. So they are on their way to becoming a hot bed of covid

By *om girlCouple (FF)  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

Why don't they open nightingale hospital and what they don't say what percentage of population has died

And survival rate

"Why don't they open nightingale hospital and what they don't say what percentage of population has died

And survival rate"

They are starting to open them again in the north.

"Why don't they open nightingale hospital and what they don't say what percentage of population has died

And survival rate"

Did they teach maths where you went to school?

norwich

And survival rate

Did they teach maths where you went to school?"

Wow

Tin town

Spot on "

Yep the wording is (now) crystal clear. And yet people still try to see ghosts that aren't there.

By *weetandHungMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Don’t even think covid exists to be honest. It’s a load of bollocks in my eyes

Having an opinion like this in Maghull is very dangerous if you want Merseyside area to go back to anywhere like normal. Ask anyone who works at any of the hospitals and they'll tell you. Whiston is apparently inundated already. "

How many people have underlying health issues yet get marked down as covid even though it’s something else, the whole thing is to scare people and decimate the economy

By *abbey newMan  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

a test thats not fit for purpose..which cant determine if its pickin gupa new virus that can be transferred or a virus which is basically dead ...also positive tests arent cases..they only become case when medical intervention is required which in the vast amount of positive tests isnt...so whats going on here...because clearly this virus isnt remotely as dangerous to the general oulace as we were lead to believe

By *rufinWoman  over a year ago

notts

Huh?

"

I don't know the stats for ventilators but about 20% of hospital cases of covid at the moment caught covid more than 7 days after admission to hospital ie they caught it in hospital, they weren't admitted for complications arising from covid

By *oroRick1027Man  over a year ago

The Boro

Still doesn't mean they died from it

"

scotland

Spot on "

So if I test positive and die of something else within 28 days I will go down a covid death.

The chances of me dying at my age in the next 365 days is about 0.4%. the chances of me dying within the next 28 day is 0.03%.

Obviously, if I was over 80 then odds would be much greater, however, at 80 if someone survives covid, they probably weren't about to die of anything medically related so most likely would live beyond the 28 days.

So agree...they should have a balance of good and bad not just focussing on the bad. From balance you can gain balance but to overload on the dark and the bad is just going to put fear into people. To lead by fear is wrong and is having its own effect on people. "

I agree but we all know installing fear and panic sells newspapers

And survival rate

Did they teach maths where you went to school?

Wow"

It’s really not difficult though, basic arithmetic could tell you both of those things.

I’ll be honest I don’t think there’s a need to start every news bulletin with “In the UK today 65 million people didn’t die”. It’s a bit redundant.

scotland

"Don’t even think covid exists to be honest. It’s a load of bollocks in my eyes

Having an opinion like this in Maghull is very dangerous if you want Merseyside area to go back to anywhere like normal. Ask anyone who works at any of the hospitals and they'll tell you. Whiston is apparently inundated already.

How many people have underlying health issues yet get marked down as covid even though it’s something else, the whole thing is to scare people and decimate the economy "

You are asking others for stats yet make a claim without any evidence. Can you really not see why your attitude is a massive problem in this fight?

i think for a death to be added to the covid numbers the person must have tested positive 28 days before they died.

they could die of a heart attack but if they tested positive 28 days before they will be registered as dying from covid-19 not the heart attack.

some what misleading.

scotland

"i think for a death to be added to the covid numbers the person must have tested positive 28 days before they died.

they could die of a heart attack but if they tested positive 28 days before they will be registered as dying from covid-19 not the heart attack.

some what misleading."

What are the odds of testing positive and dying of a completely unrelated heart attack within 28 days? My understanding is that on a death certificate there is main cause of death (heart attack) and then secondary causes (covid). This has been discussed on this forum in the past.

It's also possible that someone tests positive for covid that causes heart complications resulting in a heart attack more than 28 days later.

what do you think it is then ?

Presume this was supposed to be a humorous post?

Tin town

"i think for a death to be added to the covid numbers the person must have tested positive 28 days before they died.

some what misleading."

No that is incorrect.

They will be counted in the daily report as having died within 28 days of testing positive for covid.

They may also be counted when the ons numbers are released as having covid mentioned on the death certificate.

Neither of those counts infer their death was due to covid.

some what misleading.

What are the odds of testing positive and dying of a completely unrelated heart attack within 28 days? My understanding is that on a death certificate there is main cause of death (heart attack) and then secondary causes (covid). This has been discussed on this forum in the past.

It's also possible that someone tests positive for covid that causes heart complications resulting in a heart attack more than 28 days later.

"

heart attack was used as an example ffs

» Add a new message to this topic