FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Childcare question

Childcare question

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uxomBoobs195 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Rotherham

I am a single mum to a 3 year old who's at nursery 3 days a week. His dad isn't involved at all. I work 3 days a week when hes at nursery and the night before my son stops at my mums house and she takes him to nursery the next morning. I work at the hospital and shifts start at 7 so I cant do the nursery drop off.

South yorkshire has been put on the Tier 2 list.

It says paid childcare can stay open etc.

Is my mum still allowed to have him over night and do the nursery drop off as I'm classed as a key worker? Is she classed as co-parenting with me? Or can he not go to her house meaning I can't go to work at the hospital?

Tier 2 says no mixing households indoors.

I'm abit confused!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uxomBoobs195 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Rotherham

I should note that I dont pay my mum to have him and she isnt a child minder so I dont think she will come into the paid childcare bracket

X

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm in a local lockdown area in Wales and although mixing households indoors is technically banned, it is still permitted for childcare, although they advise the child moves between properties rather than the adult. I don't know what the rules are in England but basically if it is your only option, you have no other choice regardless of rules xx

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"I am a single mum to a 3 year old who's at nursery 3 days a week. His dad isn't involved at all. I work 3 days a week when hes at nursery and the night before my son stops at my mums house and she takes him to nursery the next morning. I work at the hospital and shifts start at 7 so I cant do the nursery drop off.

Is my mum still allowed to have him over night and do the nursery drop off as I'm classed as a key worker? Is she classed as co-parenting with me? Or can he not go to her house meaning I can't go to work at the hospital?

I'm abit confused!"

You can form a support bubble still with your mum so you act as one household: that’s what they’re for. You just can’t then form a support bubble with another person x

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"I am a single mum to a 3 year old who's at nursery 3 days a week. His dad isn't involved at all. I work 3 days a week when hes at nursery and the night before my son stops at my mums house and she takes him to nursery the next morning. I work at the hospital and shifts start at 7 so I cant do the nursery drop off.

I'm abit confused!"

Just carry on doing what your doing, your not out partying and carrying on, life’s fucking hard enough without stressing yourself out. Keep up the good work both at home and the hospital

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

When restrictions came in for the NE recently, childcare was exempt even if it was informal and unpaid.

By *ab Swingers PartiesCouple  over a year ago

SOUTH. Cambridgeshire Border.

You created a bubble sweet as your a single parent living with just your child xx

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

All I would say is think about who is in the risk catagory, a lot of people use family members for childcare which is fine, but what if those family members are elderly or are valnerable. I'm not suggesting you OP but there are a lot of people I know still putting relatives at risk especially children spreading the virus and showing no symptoms.

The childcare situation is a problem for many, there is no easy answer.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

In my view you’ve created a support bubble so no reason why your son can’t stay with your mum

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

My son and daughter in law have to take to their daughter to be looked after as they work full time so have no choice really

But that’s classed as a family bubble and nothing has been mentioned about that

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

I'm abit confused!"

If your child is under 14 there is an exemption where that is necessary for caring purposes.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock said people looking after children under 14 or vulnerable adults would be exempt.

By *ister_ee_1981Man  over a year ago

San Fran Exeter

As I understood it (and forgive my ignorance) childcare can continue (as people need to work and keep the economy going) I believe unpaid childcare can continue.(if not, just give the unpaid carer a quid and then it is paid childcare!)

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

Your current childcare arrangements are perfectly permissible under current rules so no need to worry just carry on as you do already.

» Add a new message to this topic