FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > What divides us

What divides us

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just thinking not only is there a north and south divide. There is also an old and young divide and also rich and pour. I wonder what the difference is in virus cases between university cities and retirement towns.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Just thinking not only is there a north and south divide. There is also an old and young divide and also rich and pour. I wonder what the difference is in virus cases between university cities and retirement towns."

I think in truth there won’t be a difference, I remember very early in this pandemic we sat relatively quiet in Manchester whilst tales emerged from the London Trusts and the immense pressure they where under, 4 weeks later the reality hit the north.

This “second wave” feels very similar, certain cities are suffering now but actually the infection rates are rising in a staggered but uniformed way across other areas and in reality the damage is probably already done.

We are all just on a different timeline, we’ll all experience a very few unfortunate young cases and as infection spreads the older generations will start contributing to the hospitalisations. We’d be lucky to avoid any of our larger cities and towns not to experience a fairly generic second wave at some point.

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

"Just thinking not only is there a north and south divide. There is also an old and young divide and also rich and pour. I wonder what the difference is in virus cases between university cities and retirement towns.

I think in truth there won’t be a difference, I remember very early in this pandemic we sat relatively quiet in Manchester whilst tales emerged from the London Trusts and the immense pressure they where under, 4 weeks later the reality hit the north.

This “second wave” feels very similar, certain cities are suffering now but actually the infection rates are rising in a staggered but uniformed way across other areas and in reality the damage is probably already done.

We are all just on a different timeline, we’ll all experience a very few unfortunate young cases and as infection spreads the older generations will start contributing to the hospitalisations. We’d be lucky to avoid any of our larger cities and towns not to experience a fairly generic second wave at some point."

Not really, as London did get swapped first but within a couple of weeks we were in lockdown, this second time has been a drawn out slow death for a lot of the North and now a lot of the Midlands too.

Given all we read and seen with the first wave and London I can't for the life of me understand how London hasn't seen more cases. For whatever reason it has so far escaped the second wave severity.

The longer this goes on the more resentment and anger there will be towards the government. Everyone understand the reason for the restrictions but they make no sense as areas with higher rates are in a lower tier than others. I understand its complex but its the conflicting information that is testing the publics resolve towards the virus and to follow the restrictions. At least the original nation lockdown we WERE all in it together

» Add a new message to this topic