FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Set in your covid way.

Set in your covid way.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *igh wide and handsome OP   Man  over a year ago

Dagenham

I see people seem to be absolutely set on there view when it comes to covid. Your either a big believer in lockdowns or something is fishy about this flu.

Are you prepared to be more open minded?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *incskittenWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

I believe covid exists.

By *woodcplCouple  over a year ago

Borehamwood

"I believe covid exists. "

You don’t say!

By *addyBabygirl2020Couple  over a year ago

norwich

at the start we both took Covid very seriously, did everything by the book and supported lockdown.

Over time that has changed and our opinions have changed massively

By *incskittenWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

"I believe covid exists.

You don’t say! "

Yes i do !

Some think it doesnt .

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I tend to adapt as things move on.

By *eavy-Metal-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

At the start I always believed somewhere there was lies afoot. I believe Covid exists but the figures don't make sense and this Tier system is the wrong way to deal with this. I always thought we should of done Focused Protection eg protect the vulnerable, the elderly and those that are more at risk of Covid and made every city Exhibition/Conference halls into Covid field hospitals with the NHS with help from the Army Medical Corps running them.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

And one thing I haven't changed my mind on. Covid is not flu

By *arahspiceCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

There is nothing fishy at all ?

I haven't met anyone that genuinely thinks its fishy ???

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I was a massive sceptic at the start about how the way we are dealing with Covid and after the last few days I think I am an ever bigger sceptic now.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

rules seem to change all the time.

even government advisors are saying different things to boris.

the only thing i know is:

social distancing.

wear a mask when out.

make essential journeys only.

avoid social media.

I believe Covid exists

I don't, however, trust the government or their figures, systems, or the measures they are/have put in place

It's all a bit of a shitshow

So I can understand why some people genuinely think they're being led up the garden path altogether

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"I see people seem to be absolutely set on there view when it comes to covid. Your either a big believer in lockdowns or something is fishy about this flu.

Are you prepared to be more open minded?"

There are many more ways than just those two.

But one thing is for sure, we all reap what we sow in terms of our own behaviour.

Only two things can stop or slow this, and two things only:

1. Our behaviour.

2. A vaccine.

I for one don't need any Government - expert or some other wannabe trying to make themselves famous - to tell me that it exists. I knew that in March.

We need to stop arguing every which way but accepting these two facts. As non of us here are immunologists perhaps we can just offer our help with our behaviour instead.

Dagenham

I think the only thing I haven't changed my views on is the inept, useless bunch of clowns running the country.

By *enny PR9TV/TS  over a year ago

Southport

"I think the only thing I haven't changed my views on is the inept, useless bunch of clowns running the country."

So no change there then.

Dagenham

"I think the only thing I haven't changed my views on is the inept, useless bunch of clowns running the country.

So no change there then. "

Something's never change

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'm fixed that we should follow the research evidence, as we would with other illnesses and areas needing scientific analysis. I'm flexible on the approach and can only say with certainty that the minority pushing for an anything goes, all systems opened and relaxed, aren't really supported by any good evidence yet. Our own experience shows that with infections growing this quickly, are a huge risk to everybody, due to overwhelming our health services. The Great Barrington lot were supported by an organisation that's global heating denying, with billionaire Koch family funding - that alone means that they are due much caution

There's not 1 simple answer to a complex issue, hence having the experts review the evidence and give guidance

By *eter pepper 77Man  over a year ago

kelsall

Convid is a con doesn’t exist, it’s all lies

"Convid is a con doesn’t exist, it’s all lies"

"I think the only thing I haven't changed my views on is the inept, useless bunch of clowns running the country."

The incompetent Tories and Bozo clown leader have made their usual mess of this man made China virus.

By *ensual massagerMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"There is nothing fishy at all ?

I haven't met anyone that genuinely thinks its fishy ???"

I couldn't smell anything

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

It still sadly kills, and not just the vulnerable or elderly and the long term effects are not yet clear but going by the effect upon a sibling and in law they could in decades to come be a big issue for many who 'get through it'..

It's not like we had a hurricane or any other cataclysmic event a d can start to rebuild etc, it's very much a case of as it comes..

Central

Evidence?

who is benefiting.? Governments and big business are loosing money they wouldn't let it happen

“When the evidence changes, so I change my mind. Why sir, what do you do?” - John Maynard Keynes

It’s still dangerous to many, so I’ll make sure I am very careful and considerate of others. The rules are there and I will abide by them because I don’t want to be responsible for potentially making other people ill.

By *udistcpl1Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

"At the start I always believed somewhere there was lies afoot. I believe Covid exists but the figures don't make sense and this Tier system is the wrong way to deal with this. I always thought we should of done Focused Protection eg protect the vulnerable, the elderly and those that are more at risk of Covid and made every city Exhibition/Conference halls into Covid field hospitals with the NHS with help from the Army Medical Corps running them. "

I have seen this idea quite a few times but it obviously doesn't work i.e., in the end, the virus gets through if left without any control measures.

kelsall

"Convid is a con doesn’t exist, it’s all lies

who is benefiting.? Governments and big business are loosing money they wouldn't let it happen "

Soon be a police state too, will all the happy clappers be happy then ! People need to wake up it’s a con , I’ve not locked down once since this crap started , never worn a mask , won’t start now , I’ll go where I want when I want .

but it's not the happy clappers that are doing it but a right wing government

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

who is benefiting.? Governments and big business are loosing money they wouldn't let it happen

Soon be a police state too, will all the happy clappers be happy then ! People need to wake up it’s a con , I’ve not locked down once since this crap started , never worn a mask , won’t start now , I’ll go where I want when I want . "

Well I hope you are still enjoying that pub that isn't open. Or maybe that Cinema that's closed. Or that shop that won't let you in without a Mask, or the hospital or the Surgery . . . or maybe you are still jetting around on those no flights that aren't flying or the cruise ships that aren't sailing . . . Yup. Just everywhere that you want to go . . . you can go - Happy Travels Hans.

he's a farmer

"he's a farmer "

Hes an idiot

lol

kelsall

Soon be a police state too, will all the happy clappers be happy then ! People need to wake up it’s a con , I’ve not locked down once since this crap started , never worn a mask , won’t start now , I’ll go where I want when I want .

Well I hope you are still enjoying that pub that isn't open. Or maybe that Cinema that's closed. Or that shop that won't let you in without a Mask, or the hospital or the Surgery . . . or maybe you are still jetting around on those no flights that aren't flying or the cruise ships that aren't sailing . . . Yup. Just everywhere that you want to go . . . you can go - Happy Travels Hans."

My pubs still open thank you every shop let’s me in without a mask

kelsall

"he's a farmer

Hes an idiot "

Thank you for that wisdom , I’ll sleep tonight

possibly cos you live in the middle of nowhere? try it in the inner city

Posts like this are beyond toxic. It's not just the fact they're utterly wrong. More worryingly, such posts contribute to the spread of misinformation that benefits nobody and can actually cause a great deal of harm and deaths.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"It still sadly kills, and not just the vulnerable or elderly and the long term effects are not yet clear but going by the effect upon a sibling and in law they could in decades to come be a big issue for many who 'get through it'..

It's not like we had a hurricane or any other cataclysmic event a d can start to rebuild etc, it's very much a case of as it comes..

"

Probably the most sensible statement on here yet! People have already had side effects appear after they have "recovered".

Soon be a police state too, will all the happy clappers be happy then ! People need to wake up it’s a con , I’ve not locked down once since this crap started , never worn a mask , won’t start now , I’ll go where I want when I want . "

Is that because you don’t know anyone and have never been anywhere

Posts like this are beyond toxic. It's not just the fact they're utterly wrong. More worryingly, such posts contribute to the spread of misinformation that benefits nobody and can actually cause a great deal of harm and deaths.

"

Yep, I think Mark is a bit lonely, he is just seeking attention

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"he's a farmer

Hes an idiot "

I read that in the voice of Alan partridge.

kelsall

Is that because you don’t know anyone and have never been anywhere "

Wow are you a mind reader

liverpool

Wow are you a mind reader "

Are you a farmer?

Wow are you a mind reader "

Yep, I am getting the word .........

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

I am appalled that I never read of the opposition parties proposals to deal with the situation. It's only ever backward looking . If a new approach is required what are their suggestions ?

"I am appalled that I never read of the opposition parties proposals to deal with the situation. It's only ever backward looking . If a new approach is required what are their suggestions ? "

Why should they have to ?

"I think the only thing I haven't changed my views on is the inept, useless bunch of clowns running the country.

The incompetent Tories and Bozo clown leader have made their usual mess of this man made China virus."

but of course the completely competent and not at all contradictory of each other fab forum have all the answers and by all just doing our own thing it will disappear

no matter how incompetent the government is... its pretty much guaranteed that a nation of people fighting amongst themselves all going in a different direction will be even more incompetent as a whole

liverpool

"I am appalled that I never read of the opposition parties proposals to deal with the situation. It's only ever backward looking . If a new approach is required what are their suggestions ? "

What would be the point of that exactly,?

I, for one, certainly blame the opposition for the government's actions.

"I believe covid exists. "

That ass!!

"I am appalled that I never read of the opposition parties proposals to deal with the situation. It's only ever backward looking . If a new approach is required what are their suggestions ?

Why should they have to ? "

maybe because they claim to want elected to do good for the country... yet its always the same no matter who is in power and who is the opposition... after election day rather than the opposition be there to challenge and encourage debate and keep the government on their toes, in the uk we revert back to a playground attitude or how many cheap digs and points can we score, pop any real helpful contribution back in the closet til next election rolls around

god forbid we ever consider working together to be more effective

Presume you're a Russian Bot?

Unless Covid is still around in 4 years it would be rather pointless in them setting out how they would deal with it.

Although to be fair it would be quite funny if Starmer stood up and said our advice is that you stop giving non/tendered contracts to your mates and let the experts have a go.

"I am appalled that I never read of the opposition parties proposals to deal with the situation. It's only ever backward looking . If a new approach is required what are their suggestions ?

What would be the point of that exactly,?"

So we can consider what alternative actions there might be .

maybe because they claim to want elected to do good for the country... yet its always the same no matter who is in power and who is the opposition... after election day rather than the opposition be there to challenge and encourage debate and keep the government on their toes, in the uk we revert back to a playground attitude or how many cheap digs and points can we score, pop any real helpful contribution back in the closet til next election rolls around

god forbid we ever consider working together to be more effective "

Starmer has actually been constructive when it was called for, supporting the gov when he thought they were doing the right thing. But he's also criticised them when he though they were doing the wrong thing.

You know, actually doing his job.

So we can consider what alternative actions there might be . "

We? What would be the point, the government don’t even listen to the scientific advice, why would they listen to the opposition?

liverpool

So we can consider what alternative actions there might be . "

They arent in gmnt.

Its not their to come up with solutions to gmnt problems.

liverpool

god forbid we ever consider working together to be more effective "

I think ks has actually been too soft with them.

They arent in gmnt.

Its not their to come up with solutions to gmnt problems. "

I have my answer then. They don't have any. The covid problem is "ours" in any case .

in Lancashire

I can't read that without thinking of a child threatening to scream and scream till they're sick or the Walter Mitty who tells about how he single handedly best up five bigger blokes cos they deserved it..

liverpool

They arent in gmnt.

I have my answer then. They don't have any. The covid problem is "ours" in any case . "

Well 1st you dont know.

2and as above the gmnt dont listen to scientists

3rd even if they did..who would take the credit?

This is a new one this

Let's blame the party who dint even make the decisions

Brilliant

in Lancashire

There's a clue in the name, tbh if they did suggest something like a unity government do you really think the current Tory leadership having culled some of its own members in the ideological cult that is brexit only would listen?

They arent in gmnt.

I have my answer then. They don't have any. The covid problem is "ours" in any case . "

I agree, it is our problem but it is the governments job to find solutions and make them work, that is why they were voted in. are you suggesting they are not up to the job?

They arent in gmnt.

I have my answer then. They don't have any. The covid problem is "ours" in any case .

I agree, it is our problem but it is the governments job to find solutions and make them work, that is why they were voted in. are you suggesting they are not up to the job? "

I am asking why the opposition parties are not putting forward their solutions . They do ( or used to ) on all other subjects.

liverpool

They arent in gmnt.

I agree, it is our problem but it is the governments job to find solutions and make them work, that is why they were voted in. are you suggesting they are not up to the job?

I am asking why the opposition parties are not putting forward their solutions . They do ( or used to ) on all other subjects. "

How do you know they arent?

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Opposition is way easier than government, all you have to do is argue snipe and criticise knowing that you don't have to make decisions.

The local leaders have done that and now Boris has rather turned the tables on them, he has imposed some restrictions and handed them the power to make more.

1 if they do its not his fault its theirs so he cant be blamed if cases rise. If they fall its him handing the power to local leaders that has worked.

2. if the don't impose restrictions then the cases carry on rising he will say they should have done and take power back to central government.

3 if they don't impose anything and cases do fall then he will say that the government restrictions were effective.

Boris wins every time local leaders lose and as always we the public are stuck in the middle suffering restrictions and sometimes dying !

They arent in gmnt.

I am asking why the opposition parties are not putting forward their solutions . They do ( or used to ) on all other subjects.

How do you know they arent?"

That's what I asking. What are the oppositions proposals?

They arent in gmnt.

I am asking why the opposition parties are not putting forward their solutions . They do ( or used to ) on all other subjects. "

Is the opposition privy to the same scientific advice that the government are getting? Are they present at SAGE meetings?

They arent in gmnt.

That's what I asking. What are the oppositions proposals? "

Improve track and trace, improve testing , follow the scientific advice,

They arent in gmnt.

Is the opposition privy to the same scientific advice that the government are getting? Are they present at SAGE meetings? "

I have no idea. I presume they have access to the minutes and their own sources for information .

they suggested not handing over testing to private companies and to keep it local

liverpool

They arent in gmnt.

That's what I asking. What are the oppositions proposals? "

Tbf you have a point

I'm not sure ks isnt saying ..why are the nhs not doing track and trace?

Why not give companies who can actually make ppe those big juicy contracts?

But he will be met with a load of bullshit .a bang of the hand.. and something in Latin.

This is never going away ya no the world will have to learn to live with it now

Dagenham

Im not in opposition, but getting the testing right, setting up a track and trace system that works, and getting your own advisors to follow there own rules would be a good start.

They arent in gmnt.

You’re doing some pretty spectacular mental gymnastics to justify your support for the Tories there, fella.

They arent in gmnt.

You’re doing some pretty spectacular mental gymnastics to justify your support for the Tories there, fella."

The tories are only making mistakes because the opposition aren’t giving them better ideas? Heard it all now

They arent in gmnt.

You’re doing some pretty spectacular mental gymnastics to justify your support for the Tories there, fella."

I don't think I said I did or did not support the government in its covid policy . I want to know what the opposition parties suggest should be done going forward. It's not a general election. No one is asking for my vote . This is a huge problem and so want to know what the opposition parties proposals are.

They arent in gmnt.

You’re doing some pretty spectacular mental gymnastics to justify your support for the Tories there, fella.

I don't think I said I did or did not support the government in its covid policy . I want to know what the opposition parties suggest should be done going forward. It's not a general election. No one is asking for my vote . This is a huge problem and so want to know what the opposition parties proposals are. "

They want the government to Improve track & trace, increase testing, follow the scientific advice,

"I see people seem to be absolutely set on there view when it comes to covid. Your either a big believer in lockdowns or something is fishy about this flu.

Science and data is moving at a tremendous pace.

Anybody who has an opinion and is sticking to it is probably irrational imo.

Stay away.

They arent in gmnt.

I don't think I said I did or did not support the government in its covid policy . I want to know what the opposition parties suggest should be done going forward. It's not a general election. No one is asking for my vote . This is a huge problem and so want to know what the opposition parties proposals are.

They want the government to Improve track & trace, increase testing, follow the scientific advice,"

Reasonable expectation imo.

They arent in gmnt.

They want the government to Improve track & trace, increase testing, follow the scientific advice,"

That all makes sense to me. Is that any different to what government is trying to achieve?

They arent in gmnt.

They want the government to Improve track & trace, increase testing, follow the scientific advice,

That all makes sense to me. Is that any different to what government is trying to achieve? "

It's certainly different to what the gov have done. They didn't even want to bother with a track and trace system at 1st. Then they ended up throwing huge amounts of money at mates and private companies - instead of putting the NHS in charge of it. And the gov have flat out ignored scientific advice when they wanted to.

They arent in gmnt.

That all makes sense to me. Is that any different to what government is trying to achieve? "

They are failing to achieve.

By *asquerade DollWoman  over a year ago

Los Angeles

It exists for sure but some people don't like the restrictions so say otherwise but its been the same with other things like the holocaust selfish people lie to try and force things their way.

They arent in gmnt.

Is the opposition privy to the same scientific advice that the government are getting? Are they present at SAGE meetings? I have no idea. I presume they have access to the minutes and their own sources for information . "

while i support your suggestion that the opposition pitch in some ideas too (covid isn’t a party issue its a risk no matter what your politics) if the opposition aren’t included in SAGE meetings and are expected to pay a second time for their own source of information thats an absolute farce and yet another waste of money

party politics is so divisive that we don’t seem to have the ability or foresight to work together ever ...

this “you got the power for these 4 years so you deal with it” attitude is disappointing ... a global pandemic isn’t exactly general day to day running of the country and everyone in a senior position should have had their sleeves rolled up and helping to form a plan to combat it ... i thought the same with brexit ... no matter your vote this is what we have to do now lets get stuck in together to get the best outcome ... trouble is our whole political system is a shambles that would never allow it to happen ... they cant put ambition or ego aside for anything

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

I think you are taking two extremes as the only opinions people have ,which is total rubbish.

Central

Do you remain fully supportive of the government having been beyond reproach in their management of this? I note the opposition and other parties have long called for a cross-party approach to manage this.

Instead we get the Tiers of a Clown.

It's enough to make anyone with sense and some intelligence cry.

They arent in gmnt.

That all makes sense to me. Is that any different to what government is trying to achieve?

They are failing to achieve. "

Clearly opposition parties are there to hold government to account and bring failings in execution of policy to our attention.I was looking for alternative policies that might have been issued.

They arent in gmnt.

They are failing to achieve.

Clearly opposition parties are there to hold government to account and bring failings in execution of policy to our attention.I was looking for alternative policies that might have been issued. "

Test, track and trace is absolutely the right policy but instead of allowing the experts to do their jobs the government farmed out huge contracts to its friends and donors. Rather like lockdown it was something they did too late and when they got round to it they did it badly.

Dagenham

Are you prepared to be more open minded?I think you are taking two extremes as the only opinions people have ,which is total rubbish. "

I was being a little broad, but im hardly gonna list the thousands of different opinions in a fab forum am I?

My general point was people seem stuck to there view and will not change it.

Dagenham

And its definitely a bit fishy that the rule of 6 didn't apply to grouse hunting.

I don't doubt it exists or the severity of it for some people.

I have no issues with masks or distancing

I don't think banning people seeing friends and family is helpful at all

I'd far rather see them in my home than a cafe full of strangers.

However worse than all of that is the cost to people with other conditions who aren't being seen, and the mental health crisis that is getting far worse due to isolation and financial pressures on people as their jobs are lost.

"And its definitely a bit fishy that the rule of 6 didn't apply to grouse hunting."

Anyone that goes grouse shooting is immune to covid 19......surely everyone knows this. Wearing t basically means you're better than the masses and these silly restrictions arnt needed for them. Fuck lockdowns get on the t

Twead

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I assume that by "set in your ways" you mean that they don't believe the "new world order", "dangerous 5g", "all about control" Bellshill?

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"And its definitely a bit fishy that the rule of 6 didn't apply to grouse hunting."

What's fishy about it? There's lots of other sports (like rugby, football, cricket etc) that are also exempt from rule of 6. Can't just single one out cos it's a "toffs" pastime.

Dagenham

I assume that by "set in your ways" you mean that they don't believe the "new world order", "dangerous 5g", "all about control" Bellshill?"

I mean whatever your view, you stick with it and not prepared to give other opinions a chance.

By *ab jamesMan  over a year ago

ribble valley

I assume that by "set in your ways" you mean that they don't believe the "new world order", "dangerous 5g", "all about control" Bellshill?

I mean whatever your view, you stick with it and not prepared to give other opinions a chance."

What other opinion's?

Found the gammon.

Dagenham

I mean whatever your view, you stick with it and not prepared to give other opinions a chance.

What other opinion's?

"

Anywhere between fake chiiiiiinese virus, to following exactly what boris and his chums say but don't do.

ribble valley

Fake Chinese virus? Really?

Dagenham

That's definitely one opinion.

ribble valley

What about aliens using covid to weaken us, before they take over the planet!

Dagenham

"What about aliens using covid to weaken us, before they take over the planet! "

Yep, thats my opinion and im sticking with it, although its aliens infecting the 5g phone signal.

» Add a new message to this topic