FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > full 2 week lockdown or not?

full 2 week lockdown or not?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ostafun OP   Man  over a year ago

near ipswich

so who on here are for a Starmer full lockdown across the whole country ?b personally im not i cant see why businesses' should suffer where there are low rates.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ebel Red HotWoman  over a year ago

York

Why should any more restrictions work when people are ignoring the ones already there.

do we really need to be told what to do or should we have the common sense just to do it.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The main step that we took that had a massive effect on reducing really bad numbers was the limited lockdown earlier this year. If it's definitely short duration, it will be much less impact on the economy and lives than if we carry on as we are.

2 or 3 weeks lockdown - yes! Compensation can be made and it will cost the UK fair less than overwhelming the NHS and lost lives.

By *mmaNandyCouple  over a year ago

wolvo

I don’t think a full scale lock down is the way to go, I personally think shutting schools colleges and universities would make a impact, as much as the government say they not to blame and perfectly fine it’s strange how the rise in cases started when schools returned

near ipswich

"The main step that we took that had a massive effect on reducing really bad numbers was the limited lockdown earlier this year. If it's definitely short duration, it will be much less impact on the economy and lives than if we carry on as we are.

2 or 3 weeks lockdown - yes! Compensation can be made and it will cost the UK fair less than overwhelming the NHS and lost lives. "

So you are happy for people to lose their jobs in areas of low infection?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I don’t think a full scale lock down is the way to go, I personally think shutting schools colleges and universities would make a impact, as much as the government say they not to blame and perfectly fine it’s strange how the rise in cases started when schools returned "

They could just extend the half term holidays, now is the ideal time ,

"The main step that we took that had a massive effect on reducing really bad numbers was the limited lockdown earlier this year. If it's definitely short duration, it will be much less impact on the economy and lives than if we carry on as we are.

2 or 3 weeks lockdown - yes! Compensation can be made and it will cost the UK fair less than overwhelming the NHS and lost lives. So you are happy for people to lose their jobs in areas of low infection?"

No, that is like saying are you happy for people die in areas of high infection?

near ipswich

2 or 3 weeks lockdown - yes! Compensation can be made and it will cost the UK fair less than overwhelming the NHS and lost lives. So you are happy for people to lose their jobs in areas of low infection?

No, that is like saying are you happy for people die in areas of high infection? "

No its not im all in favour of local lockdowns where transmittion is high just not the whole country again.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 15/10/20 14:20:07]

The thing is we all know that most of the areas of high infection are surrounded by multiple universities. Im not blaming the students here, but the Government. They sent students back, they didnt make students issolate on arrival into new areas. You are talking about in some instances sending 20,000 new people into small towns.

If no one on SAGE (all of whom are graduates) cannot imagine the impact on university areas, then I question their competency to do their job.

So now to cover for that error either local areas are being locked down or they are wanting a national lockdown. This is literally us having to pay the price for politicians and scientific advisors who should have known better.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

It should be a 2-3 week lockdown OR the Tier restrictions.

NOT both.

Although, I don't see what good a short lockdown will do right now considering the virus will still be around and that we are still a way off the peak of flu season.

Maybe we should hold off until January when most people stay in anyway??

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"I don’t think a full scale lock down is the way to go, I personally think shutting schools colleges and universities would make a impact, as much as the government say they not to blame and perfectly fine it’s strange how the rise in cases started when schools returned

They could just extend the half term holidays, now is the ideal time , "

For how long an extra week fair enough, but after that no. Why should schools close but pubs and restaurants, gyms stay open, all the kids see is the adults can still see their friends, go about their lives but they can’t. In our area we have 5 primary schools and two secondary schools all within walking distance and we haven’t had one case yet.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Yes. Lock Starmer down for two weeks - it will really help.

2 or 3 weeks lockdown - yes! Compensation can be made and it will cost the UK fair less than overwhelming the NHS and lost lives. So you are happy for people to lose their jobs in areas of low infection?

No, that is like saying are you happy for people die in areas of high infection? No its not im all in favour of local lockdowns where transmittion is high just not the whole country again. "

The whole country is going to be in tier 3 at some point, why not do it now over half term and try and get things under control

"Yes. Lock Starmer down for two weeks - it will really help. "

So you are relying on the government to get us out of this crisis ??

near ipswich

No, that is like saying are you happy for people die in areas of high infection? No its not im all in favour of local lockdowns where transmittion is high just not the whole country again.

The whole country is going to be in tier 3 at some point, why not do it now over half term and try and get things under control "

Do you think 2 weeks will get it under control? because i dont,i repeat i dont see the point in low transmittion areas.

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman  over a year ago

somewhere along the fylde

"I don’t think a full scale lock down is the way to go, I personally think shutting schools colleges and universities would make a impact, as much as the government say they not to blame and perfectly fine it’s strange how the rise in cases started when schools returned "

30 kids from different households all mixing with no social distancing.. kids are carriers they say, they can't be to blame

"Yes. Lock Starmer down for two weeks - it will really help.

So you are relying on the government to get us out of this crisis ?? "

So. Are you relying on Starmer to get us out of this crisis ??

No, that is like saying are you happy for people die in areas of high infection? No its not im all in favour of local lockdowns where transmittion is high just not the whole country again.

The whole country is going to be in tier 3 at some point, why not do it now over half term and try and get things under control Do you think 2 weeks will get it under control? because i dont,i repeat i dont see the point in low transmittion areas."

I don’t know, do you think the current tier system will help?

"

It isn’t his job, he is there to scrutinise and hold the government to account, would you prefer if they were left to do whatever they want ??

It isn’t his job, he is there to scrutinise and hold the government to account, would you prefer if they were left to do whatever they want ??"

Sounds like they'd prefer Starmer to be PM.

near ipswich

The whole country is going to be in tier 3 at some point, why not do it now over half term and try and get things under control Do you think 2 weeks will get it under control? because i dont,i repeat i dont see the point in low transmittion areas.

I don’t know, do you think the current tier system will help? "

I have no idea but its in place across parts of europe so i guess a lot of governments think it will.

It isn’t his job, he is there to scrutinise and hold the government to account, would you prefer if they were left to do whatever they want ??"

What I originally said was nothing to do with your reply.

Frankly. Starmer couldn't scrutinize his left shoe for dogie poo.

The whole country is going to be in tier 3 at some point, why not do it now over half term and try and get things under control Do you think 2 weeks will get it under control? because i dont,i repeat i dont see the point in low transmittion areas.

I don’t know, do you think the current tier system will help? I have no idea but its in place across parts of europe so i guess a lot of governments think it will."

Do these place have an effective track and trace system? I hope it does work but the statistics suggest it won’t

By *orthern PowerhouseMan  over a year ago

Chesterfield

It isn’t his job, he is there to scrutinise and hold the government to account, would you prefer if they were left to do whatever they want ??

Frankly. Starmer couldn't scrutinize his left shoe for dogie poo. "

Well I like the analogy but.......I think he could just about manage that.

Frankly. Starmer couldn't scrutinize his left shoe for dogie poo. "

What do you want from the leader of the opposition? You do realise he isn’t in charge of this mess?

Frankly. Starmer couldn't scrutinize his left shoe for dogie poo.

Well I like the analogy but.......I think he could just about manage that. "

Just about

near ipswich

I don’t know, do you think the current tier system will help? I have no idea but its in place across parts of europe so i guess a lot of governments think it will.

Do these place have an effective track and trace system? I hope it does work but the statistics suggest it won’t "

Its well documented that france and spain have crap track and trace not really looked at other countries tbh.

I don’t know, do you think the current tier system will help? I have no idea but its in place across parts of europe so i guess a lot of governments think it will.

Do these place have an effective track and trace system? I hope it does work but the statistics suggest it won’t Its well documented that france and spain have crap track and trace not really looked at other countries tbh."

The Germans don't seem to like theirs too.

Do these place have an effective track and trace system? I hope it does work but the statistics suggest it won’t Its well documented that france and spain have crap track and trace not really looked at other countries tbh."

Well I hope the localised lockdowns work but I have a feeling the whole country will be in tier 3 at some point

Sounds like they'd prefer Starmer to be PM."

anyone but Johnson and his fuck wit tories. wanker of the highest order.. not fit to lace starmers boots

anyone but Johnson and his fuck wit tories. wanker of the highest order.. not fit to lace starmers boots "

He isn’t fit to lace his own boots, did you see the state of his jacket in parliament? And he can’t button up his shirt cuffs ( now expecting a number of whataboutery posts about Corbyn and Abbot

anyone but Johnson and his fuck wit tories. wanker of the highest order.. not fit to lace starmers boots

He isn’t fit to lace his own boots, did you see the state of his jacket in parliament? And he can’t button up his shirt cuffs ( now expecting a number of whataboutery posts about Corbyn and Abbot "

hahaha says the poster posting whataboutery about Boris.

By *eter pepper 77Man  over a year ago

kelsall

If you want a laugh have a look on YouTube Jim Davidson convids , that will cheer all you folk up who are all on a lockdown lock inn , bubble bubble

Chesterfield

Do these place have an effective track and trace system? I hope it does work but the statistics suggest it won’t Its well documented that france and spain have crap track and trace not really looked at other countries tbh.

The Germans don't seem to like theirs too. "

no neither do the Spanish or the French its all small mind mentality people like to blame anyone but themselves.

NW London

"

Rely on yourselves. Don't rely on the government, the opposition or the scientists.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"so who on here are for a Starmer full lockdown across the whole country ?b personally im not i cant see why businesses' should suffer where there are low rates. "
Yes a full lockdown buisiness will recover a lot quicker if we can minimise the virus.Be better for workers to in the long run and to weeks furlough is not long.

This present idea by soft Boris will cost more in furlough and jobs as will go on so long

He isn’t fit to lace his own boots, did you see the state of his jacket in parliament? And he can’t button up his shirt cuffs ( now expecting a number of whataboutery posts about Corbyn and Abbot

hahaha says the poster posting whataboutery about Boris. "

He is in charge of the country? What are you on about ?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Rely on yourselves. Don't rely on the government, the opposition or the scientists."

My thinking to

York

Rely on yourselves. Don't rely on the government, the opposition or the scientists."

Thats so true but people like ot play the blame game and many really want to do what they want to do no matter what laws are made.

"so who on here are for a Starmer full lockdown across the whole country ?b personally im not i cant see why businesses' should suffer where there are low rates. Yes a full lockdown buisiness will recover a lot quicker if we can minimise the virus.Be better for workers to in the long run and to weeks furlough is not long.

This present idea by soft Boris will cost more in furlough and jobs as will go on so long"

I am completely flabbergasted, I actually completely agree with what you said

But I don't even have a lab at home. How am I gonna whip up me own vaccine?

Rely on yourselves. Don't rely on the government, the opposition or the scientists.

Thats so true but people like ot play the blame game and many really want to do what they want to do no matter what laws are made. "

And how do we educate or stop these people?

Thats so true but people like ot play the blame game and many really want to do what they want to do no matter what laws are made.

And how do we educate or stop these people? "

Own a media empire.

"

And how do we educate or stop these people? "

Er perhaps with restrictions in their local areas? Just and idea. But maybe we could Tier it into the most affected areas?

NW London

But I don't even have a lab at home. How am I gonna whip up me own vaccine? "

Bealrus' president says you don't need one just so long as you drink plenty of vodka

Bealrus' president says you don't need one just so long as you drink plenty of vodka "

If you drink enough vodka, nothing else will matter ever again.

"

Er perhaps with restrictions in their local areas? Just and idea. But maybe we could Tier it into the most affected areas? "

Ah, so in 2 weeks time I can expect to see infection rates to be reducing throughout the country? I really hope it works, I don’t want to go into another lockdown, I just can’t see any other solution .

Bealrus' president says you don't need one just so long as you drink plenty of vodka "

Tbh , that is very sensible advice

Chesterfield

And does he just happen to own a Vodka production factory?

I bet 10 Belarusian Rubles he has.

So are we falling into their trap. Get the nation at each others throats, divide into tiers, ridicule anyone who asks anything counter to their narrative of their handling and "the science".

Now arguing over "local or national lockdown".

We are not questioning their policies and their responce or the huge amounts of money squandered. But, are blaming each other etc.

[Removed by poster at 15/10/20 15:09:59]

"

Er perhaps with restrictions in their local areas? Just and idea. But maybe we could Tier it into the most affected areas?

Ah, so in 2 weeks time I can expect to see infection rates to be reducing throughout the country? I really hope it works, I don’t want to go into another lockdown, I just can’t see any other solution . "

The Government did say that it could last 6 months though.

But what does anyone do, really, we are stuck between a rock and a . . .

The figures in Liverpool/Manchester and Region and North East are significantly higher than the rest of the country.

Now what ever the reason is (and really blaming anyone doesn't help once it's past the fact). What does help is to look at thing coldly and calmly and make decisions based on Health and Economy. We really can't have it any other way.

If it means splitting the country by infection lines I really don't see a problem with that. Managing it is the problem. And the level of penalty is the other.

Frankly. People are 'stupidly convenient' unto themselves. If it doesn't fit what they want they will find ANY excuse to circumvent it. I mean inventing 5g as the cause Gates as the cause and any other hair brained idea was really just running from the truth of 'Hey, Dude it's YOU that is Spreading it!!!!!!'

If Sweden had a difference at all it was only because they were more prepared to listen and weigh the evidence and take a community focused stance as individuals to protect yourself and to protect others.

I currently live in a LOW area but I am still behaving as if I was in a High.

Who else is?

I have no idea what's for the best

Chesterfield

"So are we falling into their trap. Get the nation at each others throats, divide into tiers, ridicule anyone who asks anything counter to their narrative of their handling and "the science".

We are not questioning their policies and their responce or the huge amounts of money squandered. But, are blaming each other etc. "

Spot on fella its a blame game going on and its just depressing.

The only advantage of local restrictions is the people in that area have more say in how they get into a better group by following the rules I see no other real advantages just a simple reward and punishment thing to try and persuade people than force them.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"The thing is we all know that most of the areas of high infection are surrounded by multiple universities. Im not blaming the students here, but the Government. They sent students back, they didnt make students issolate on arrival into new areas. You are talking about in some instances sending 20,000 new people into small towns.

If no one on SAGE (all of whom are graduates) cannot imagine the impact on university areas, then I question their competency to do their job.

So now to cover for that error either local areas are being locked down or they are wanting a national lockdown. This is literally us having to pay the price for politicians and scientific advisors who should have known better. "

Months before the universities went back some in the scientific community, even Whitty I recall was saying for schools and universities to go back something would have to give and the talk was of pubs closing..

Sounds like they'd prefer Starmer to be PM."

To be honest I'd even prefer the Jack Russell they adopted to be PM. He'd do a better job than this idiot.

"Why should any more restrictions work when people are ignoring the ones already there.

do we really need to be told what to do or should we have the common sense just to do it. "

I'm for a full lockdown from now for about 3 weeks.

So long as the police have the authority to restrict movement in cities, towns and between sites. And of course frequently fine individuals who flaunt the rules.

A full lockdown again would restrict massively the interactions between infected/asymptomatic individuals and those who are not so.

I think as a statistical average 3 weeks would allow adequate time for those currently isolating to do so, whilst other who may not show symptoms would be doing so later in the 3 weeks

Now we have close to mass testing we can better trace the rise and decline in cases.

If we can get our act together over track and trace and get the results out quicker, rather than 4 days later, that will help.

Overall, it's better to do this now, try to suppress the infection rate.

If everyone complies, we should be able to have the service economy open with limits in place for Christmas, and allow people to go see family in other countries ects.

The alternative is rising cases, which would result in a lockdown at Christmas, or mass hospitalisation at Christmas, or people being scared of the risks of going to busy public spaces.

Either way the service economy gets hurt.

By *ouise HartleyTV/TS  over a year ago

the street of failed artists Liverpool

Full lockdown for a minimum of three weeks, schools, uni's non food shops, building sites the lot. What we've got now is damaging the economy without the desired effects.

By *rufinWoman  over a year ago

notts

The consensus seems to be towards lockdowns as a way to manage it, so I'd prefer repeated short lockdowns to achieve the original aim of protecting the NHS, to long term tiers. My actual preferred option is different but we seem to be all about the lockdowns

Ideally people would stop thinking the end game of lockdown in the UK is eradication. Only because I find it irritating

"so who on here are for a Starmer full lockdown across the whole country ?b personally im not i cant see why businesses' should suffer where there are low rates. "

Nope. Waste of time. If 4 months failed wtf will 2 weeks do apart from destroy more jobs?

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

All lockdown does is slowdown the virus, it does not get rid of it it just buys two weeks time.

Are we going to get a vaccine in two weeks? No!

Are we going to get more medicines in two weeks? No!

Is the virus going to die out in two weeks? No!

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"so who on here are for a Starmer full lockdown across the whole country ?b personally im not i cant see why businesses' should suffer where there are low rates.

All lockdown does is slowdown the virus, it does not get rid of it it just buys two weeks time.

"

Presumably the plan is to not let the NHS be swamped.

"so who on here are for a Starmer full lockdown across the whole country ?b personally im not i cant see why businesses' should suffer where there are low rates.

"

So what is the point of the tier system?

"So are we falling into their trap. Get the nation at each others throats, divide into tiers, ridicule anyone who asks anything counter to their narrative of their handling and "the science".

We are not questioning their policies and their responce or the huge amounts of money squandered. But, are blaming each other etc.

The only advantage of local restrictions is the people in that area have more say in how they get into a better group by following the rules I see no other real advantages just a simple reward and punishment thing to try and persuade people than force them. "

Thats easy but the areas being punished happen to have large student populations. Liverpool 3 unis, Manchester 2 plus a school of music, Leeds 3, North East 5, York 2. Etc.

Each university have had large numbers of cases. These then totally inflate the case numbers in the area.

Instead of supporting the universities and allowing students to issolate properly (including in off campus housing), thus stopping those outbreaks from breaking out of its shell, the local population is turned against the student population in this game of restrictions and blame.

Its not a choice between pubs and schools and unis. It was a choice between putting measures in place to prevent the disease from spreading beyond the students and doing nothing and then having to lock down.

Pragmatic solution would have been supporting students to issolate on arrival for 2 weeks and follow the same protocol as those arriving from overseas. Delay the start of uni for 4 weeks and extend unis 4 weeks in the summer.

Presumably the plan is to not let the NHS be swamped."

That is the idea though I doubt they won't be swamped at some point.

liverpool

The only advantage of local restrictions is the people in that area have more say in how they get into a better group by following the rules I see no other real advantages just a simple reward and punishment thing to try and persuade people than force them.

Thats easy but the areas being punished happen to have large student populations. Liverpool 3 unis, Manchester 2 plus a school of music, Leeds 3, North East 5, York 2. Etc.

Each university have had large numbers of cases. These then totally inflate the case numbers in the area.

Instead of supporting the universities and allowing students to issolate properly (including in off campus housing), thus stopping those outbreaks from breaking out of its shell, the local population is turned against the student population in this game of restrictions and blame.

Its not a choice between pubs and schools and unis. It was a choice between putting measures in place to prevent the disease from spreading beyond the students and doing nothing and then having to lock down.

Pragmatic solution would have been supporting students to issolate on arrival for 2 weeks and follow the same protocol as those arriving from overseas. Delay the start of uni for 4 weeks and extend unis 4 weeks in the summer. "

Universities should never have gone back

Pragmatic solution would have been supporting students to issolate on arrival for 2 weeks and follow the same protocol as those arriving from overseas. Delay the start of uni for 4 weeks and extend unis 4 weeks in the summer.

Universities should never have gone back "

Yeah, they should have all done online only teaching where possible.

But the unis get more money by having students there in person. That's why they wanted students back. And why the gov wanted them back.

That is the plan, we haven't a hope in hell of protecting the vulnerable, just stopping the body count getting too much to cope with. The less people in hospital at one time, the better care they will receive and we will have a higher survival rate. I'm for a complete lock down. I think it will be a recurring thing until we all have it. The herd immunity is what's happening, we have no vaccine so have no choice.

Universities should never have gone back "

I commented on that about an hour ago. But I was told the scientists said pubs or schools and unis.

But once that decision was made there should have been mitigations put in place.

liverpool

I commented on that about an hour ago. But I was told the scientists said pubs or schools and unis.

But once that decision was made there should have been mitigations put in place. "

Absolutely insane decision

Lockdowns don't work as a measure, they simply push the infection along to a later date, in this case mid winter.

What they do do is make poor people poorer and turn populations off to any form of hygiene control which actually does slow infection rates.

The simple fact is a two week lock down should have happened last month.

The government was not listening to scientific evidence...so a lock down will come at some point I'm certain.

But now when it does happen it is going to be a lot longer then two weeks.

Someone need to tell boris that old saying about a stitch in time saves....

liverpool

"Lockdowns don't work as a measure, they simply push the infection along to a later date, in this case mid winter.

What they do do is make poor people poorer and turn populations off to any form of hygiene control which actually does slow infection rates.

"

If the hospitals get overrun though the situation will be much worse.

liverpool

"The simple fact is a two week lock down should have happened last month.

The government was not listening to scientific evidence...so a lock down will come at some point I'm certain.

Someone need to tell boris that old saying about a stitch in time saves...."

They were too slow to act last time so thank god they have learnt their lesson.

But once that decision was made there should have been mitigations put in place.

Absolutely insane decision "

So why did SAGE who are Graduates

Politicians who are Graduates

HM Treasury who are ran by Graduates

EVER think the risk of a lockdown and the economic damage would cost less than financially supporting the Unis?

Pubs open since July with few issues all contributing to getting is economically and socially out of the many issues we are now in. So why them?

Is that not what we need to ask.

They were too slow to act last time so thank god they have learnt their lesson."

What the three bell ends

liverpool

They were too slow to act last time so thank god they have learnt their lesson.

What the three bell ends "

liverpool

Absolutely insane decision

So why did SAGE who are Graduates

Politicians who are Graduates

HM Treasury who are ran by Graduates

EVER think the risk of a lockdown and the economic damage would cost less than financially supporting the Unis?

Pubs open since July with few issues all contributing to getting is economically and socially out of the many issues we are now in. So why them?

Is that not what we need to ask. "

No idea.

It just seems to be the elephant in the room.

Wow. Imagine people going to University and becoming Graduates - should ban that too !!

"Wow. Imagine people going to University and becoming Graduates - should ban that too !!

"

Who said that?

"Wow. Imagine people going to University and becoming Graduates - should ban that too !!

Who said that? "

Daily Mail? Could be one of their headlines.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I'm not sure why people think it's Starmer's idea. It was suggested by the government's scientific advisors.

I personally think that the government's current approach is pointless. They either need to do much more or scrap the restrictions all together. This "half restricted" approach is having almost no effect whatsoever.

Cal

By *ugget O CassMan  over a year ago

Salt lake

"

Where would all the 18-22yr old's go to party and get laid if you did that?

Where would all the 18-22yr old's go to party and get laid if you did that? "

They could all come to my house

By *nigmatic_AngelWoman  over a year ago

The place where fairies live

"Why should any more restrictions work when people are ignoring the ones already there.

do we really need to be told what to do or should we have the common sense just to do it. "

So many people don't have common sense... Or care... Or even believe these people are dying from covid...

By *nigmatic_AngelWoman  over a year ago

The place where fairies live

"Yes. Lock Starmer down for two weeks - it will really help. "

Lol

Where I live there are only 12 cases per 100k people so the only thing a full lock down would do here is destroy more peoples jobs and harm our local economy, I cant for the life of me see how it would help in the national intrest when our numbers are so low.

"Where I live there are only 12 cases per 100k people so the only thing a full lock down would do here is destroy more peoples jobs and harm our local economy, I cant for the life of me see how it would help in the national intrest when our numbers are so low."

I think 'somebody' had the idea that having control in regions of HIGH cases was a good idea. Most here don't think that it's a good one though. Apparently it gets in the way of a good night out.

"Where I live there are only 12 cases per 100k people so the only thing a full lock down would do here is destroy more peoples jobs and harm our local economy, I cant for the life of me see how it would help in the national intrest when our numbers are so low.

I think 'somebody' had the idea that having control in regions of HIGH cases was a good idea. Most here don't think that it's a good one though. Apparently it gets in the way of a good night out.

"

there almost certainly needs to be restrictions in the places where the rate is really high and climbing, if for no other reason than to help the NHS staff deal with the fall out from it, but the rates vary so much across the country that at the moment a blanket lock down is not the answer in my opinion, like I said here where I live because our rate is so low it will almost certainly do more harm than good.

York

"Where I live there are only 12 cases per 100k people so the only thing a full lock down would do here is destroy more peoples jobs and harm our local economy, I cant for the life of me see how it would help in the national intrest when our numbers are so low.

"

A good night out though is all that counts to some they don't give a fuck about anyone but themselves.

"Where I live there are only 12 cases per 100k people so the only thing a full lock down would do here is destroy more peoples jobs and harm our local economy, I cant for the life of me see how it would help in the national intrest when our numbers are so low."

If all the pubs are shut around you and yours are open....think about it...

liverpool

A national lock down is much more clear cut

Perhaps aswell a less worst hit area may be able to help out a more affected one?Thats just a guess though

The devolution is there to help local issues be dealt with more easy.

I've no doubt a national one is coming as they have been told the tier system is pointless.

liverpool

"

Has anyone actually said that aswell.?

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan  over a year ago

Maybe a full short term lockdown in the worst hit areas, Education, Retail, work places etc, Pay them 100% wages including self employed, If they do it in stages I'm sure they can manage the infection and cost before it spreads to another area and they have to do it again

If all the pubs are shut around you and yours are open....think about it..."

Yes I can see what you are saying but it is very rural here, there is not a big drinking culture, there are more older retired people than youngsters, you can't get buses and trains anytime you want to travel to a pub and the distances that you would have to travel to say Cambridge or Norwich which are the largest citys near me are almost a hour away with our shit road system so i really dont think it would be a issue, also not many pubs left to be honest too as most have long since closed around here, so no i still think here it would do more harm than good at the moment.

near ipswich

Perhaps aswell a less worst hit area may be able to help out a more affected one?Thats just a guess though

I've no doubt a national one is coming as they have been told the tier system is pointless."

says a man who,s been bleating about his gym being shut and has even made a thread about it.Stop playing politics mate and have an opinion.

liverpool

I've no doubt a national one is coming as they have been told the tier system is pointless.says a man who,s been bleating about his gym being shut and has even made a thread about it.Stop playing politics mate and have an opinion. "

I wasnt aware I wasnt allowed to express an opinion

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Theres probably 100s of people who are carring the virus and showing no symptoms,unless the whole country is tested we will never know and it will never happen ,only way is to carry on and live your life ,my friends in italy are carring on as normal and learning to live with the virus ..

near ipswich

I've no doubt a national one is coming as they have been told the tier system is pointless.says a man who,s been bleating about his gym being shut and has even made a thread about it.Stop playing politics mate and have an opinion.

I wasnt aware I wasnt allowed to express an opinion "

Of course you are just have ONE, you think a national lockdown is more clear cut and other parts could help out easier yet you dont see why your gym should be shut in a tier 3 situation your opinion does not seem very consistant to me.

"my friends in italy are carring on as normal and learning to live with the virus .."

If living with it just like us it what your friends mean . . .

Italy -- one of the worst-hit European countries during the first wave of the pandemic -- is expected to impose new rules this week after Sunday saw the highest increase in coronavirus patients entering intensive care since March 31.

A government decree widely discussed in Italian media could include:

a ban on consuming alcohol outside bars and stores

a ban on private parties or a limit on numbers of attendees

a ban on spectators at sporting events (1,000 people are currently allowed)

mandatory masks for people practicing sports outdoors

Italy last Thursday brought in a rule mandating the use of masks outdoors and when in close contact with people who are not household members -- with exceptions for young children, people with disabilities or pathologies that preclude mask-wearing, and people playing sports.

Anyone caught breaking the rule faces fines of between 400 and 1,000 euros ($470-1180).

The country on Sunday reported a total of 420 people in ICU -- up 30 on the previous day -- the highest increase since late March. A total of 5,456 new cases and 26 new deaths were recorded Sunday, bringing the nation's Covid-19 death toll to 36,166.

liverpool

I've no doubt a national one is coming as they have been told the tier system is pointless.says a man who,s been bleating about his gym being shut and has even made a thread about it.Stop playing politics mate and have an opinion.

I wasnt aware I wasnt allowed to express an opinion Of course you are just have ONE, you think a national lockdown is more clear cut and other parts could help out easier yet you dont see why your gym should be shut in a tier 3 situation your opinion does not seem very consistant to me. "

I've said in the gym thread countless times why it makes so sense to close them.

A national lockdown would be different.

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

This .....

near ipswich

I wasnt aware I wasnt allowed to express an opinion Of course you are just have ONE, you think a national lockdown is more clear cut and other parts could help out easier yet you dont see why your gym should be shut in a tier 3 situation your opinion does not seem very consistant to me.

I've said in the gym thread countless times why it makes so sense to close them.

A national lockdown would be different."

so it makes no sense to close your gym when the city is at stage 3 but it makes sense to you to shut pubs and other businesses' in say Cornwall for eg where there are relatively small numbers?

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

No

The big long lockdown in the spring didn't stop the virus, it will just make the problems go on two weeks longer.

I have no idea what the answer is but we've been trying full lockdown, part lockdown, local lockdown, none of it is working.

"No

The big long lockdown in the spring didn't stop the virus, it will just make the problems go on two weeks longer.

I have no idea what the answer is but we've been trying full lockdown, part lockdown, local lockdown, none of it is working. "

I agree with you so it's a big no from me.

"Maybe a full short term lockdown in the worst hit areas, Education, Retail, work places etc, Pay them 100% wages including self employed, If they do it in stages I'm sure they can manage the infection and cost before it spreads to another area and they have to do it again "

100% wages. What could possibly go wrong ?

A two week lockdown isn't the answer believe me I wish it was. All that will happen is it will delay what's coming.

The government has to balance covid v economy.

They only effective lock down is one to March. The country can't afford that!

So what do we do.

We are all going to pay for this in taxes for years to come. All of us. I'm sorry if you have lost your job been furloughed or lost a loved one I really am.

Two weeks wont solve it.

There is a big problem with students and schools but kids need to learn.

I dont know the answer.

I do know two weeks wont solve ot though

liverpool

I wasnt aware I wasnt allowed to express an opinion Of course you are just have ONE, you think a national lockdown is more clear cut and other parts could help out easier yet you dont see why your gym should be shut in a tier 3 situation your opinion does not seem very consistant to me.

A national lockdown would be different.so it makes no sense to close your gym when the city is at stage 3 but it makes sense to you to shut pubs and other businesses' in say Cornwall for eg where there are relatively small numbers? "

Where did I say that exactly?

I find the plan to keep universities and schools open were infections are rife and closing places where there is minuscule examples,to be a trifle flawed.

A national lockdown would be different.so it makes no sense to close your gym when the city is at stage 3 but it makes sense to you to shut pubs and other businesses' in say Cornwall for eg where there are relatively small numbers?

Where did I say that exactly?

I find the plan to keep universities and schools open were infections are rife and closing places where there is minuscule examples,to be a trifle flawed."

I agree the university's up here in Newcastle is the elephant in the room.

But the government are pushing to close pubs and gyms up here.

Close the 2 university's and the spike in Newcastle would almost disappear another 880 positive students this week 1700 last week and 1200 the week before.

"

I find the plan to keep universities and schools open were infections are rife and closing places where there is minuscule examples,to be a trifle flawed.

Close the 2 university's and the spike in Newcastle would almost disappear another 880 positive students this week 1700 last week and 1200 the week before."

Thats the problem for the whole North and it is just a utter joke that this is the elephant in the room. Seriously it would have been better for the local economy and populations, for the universities to be online and the government to support the universities.

Look at County Durham, most outlying villages have had very few and if any cases, but the University since returning has added over 20% to the County's total since the pandemic began. In the weeks since they have returned, they have accounted for a huge percentage of the cases in the North East.

But no the media have pushed the public to blame each other and not confront the elephant.

"

Close the 2 university's and the spike in Newcastle would almost disappear another 880 positive students this week 1700 last week and 1200 the week before.

Thats the problem for the whole North and it is just a utter joke that this is the elephant in the room. Seriously it would have been better for the local economy and populations, for the universities to be online and the government to support the universities.

Look at County Durham, most outlying villages have had very few and if any cases, but the University since returning has added over 20% to the County's total since the pandemic began. In the weeks since they have returned, they have accounted for a huge percentage of the cases in the North East.

But no the media have pushed the public to blame each other and not confront the elephant. "

liverpool

"

But no the media have pushed the public to blame each other and not confront the elephant. "

Have you seen 1 story in the news this week about universities driving up cases?

"

But no the media have pushed the public to blame each other and not confront the elephant.

Have you seen 1 story in the news this week about universities driving up cases?"

Ive seen bits, but yet again its framed as blaming students. Much rather the North should be showing these case numbers are from students and begin to demand that students and hospital aquired covid should be counted separately to the local community.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

So.are you saying rely on common sense .....

Have you read 70% of the posts on here ....

Common sense lol, no fkn sense more like

NW London

So.are you saying rely on common sense .....

Have you read 70% of the posts on here ....

Common sense lol, no fkn sense more like"

Just because they don't agree with your personal view doesn't mean most of them don't have merit.

And before people point to the street scenes in Liverpool and London, I think that if the government didn't infantilise people and used sensible measures instead of the daft 10pm curfew most people would leave in a sane and respectful manner.

» Add a new message to this topic