FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > covid in 80s

covid in 80s

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

how do you think the country would have reacted to all this in the 80s.. pre Internet lockdown.. all i was scared of as a kid then was nuclear war and rabies

d

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"how do you think the country would have reacted to all this in the 80s.. pre Internet lockdown.. all i was scared of as a kid then was nuclear war and rabies

d"

Montage. Sorted.

By *ebel Red HotWoman  over a year ago

York

"how do you think the country would have reacted to all this in the 80s.. pre Internet lockdown.. all i was scared of as a kid then was nuclear war and rabies

d"

It could have been really bad as people had to go out to work on the other hand there could have been more of a cover up. I am sure it could have been worse for the ordinary person.

By *ab jamesMan  over a year ago

ribble valley

We would have been much cooler about it. We had hiv to worry about but it didn't worry us. We learnt to put a rubber on it! Adapt and evolve, that's what we're good at

York

"We would have been much cooler about it. We had hiv to worry about but it didn't worry us. We learnt to put a rubber on it! Adapt and evolve, that's what we're good at "

Putting a rubber on won't protect you from covid lol

ribble valley

"We would have been much cooler about it. We had hiv to worry about but it didn't worry us. We learnt to put a rubber on it! Adapt and evolve, that's what we're good at

Putting a rubber on won't protect you from covid lol "

I can assure you it would! It'd have to be a full bod design, tho. I'm not sure how sexy it'd look

York

"We would have been much cooler about it. We had hiv to worry about but it didn't worry us. We learnt to put a rubber on it! Adapt and evolve, that's what we're good at

Putting a rubber on won't protect you from covid lol

I can assure you it would! It'd have to be a full bod design, tho. I'm not sure how sexy it'd look "

Lmao you would look like a big rubber penguin.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

As a kid I was into Rave Culture and the amount of work it took to get one going was immense because it was so hard to get the info' out. Mostly it was a 'few' who told a few more who told a few more. Most of the population of adults didn't even notice it was going on until a local paper wrote it up co's they found out.

Then would come all the condescending adult opinion.

Nowadays. The Police probably know before the majority of party-goers know. And wildfire opinion can take hours not weeks.

Maybe if we didn't know as fast we would be further through the pandemic or perhaps as equally, mostly dead or dying.

Which is the better? Well we would have probably only known what Authorities wanted us to know and reported through the BBC.

We'd have only known if it was serious when Army Units were seen rolling down our streets.

Also. Who the fook knew where China was anyways!?

d"

Do you know I can remember the front page warning of rabies threat...it was a police officer in France shooting a rabid dog...and yet no one else seems to remember it. Thankfully never crossed the channel...woohoo found someone that remembers it...I am not insane...well ok maybe a little but...

ribble valley

"As a kid I was into Rave Culture and the amount of work it took to get one going was immense because it was so hard to get the info' out. Mostly it was a 'few' who told a few more who told a few more. Most of the population of adults didn't even notice it was going on until a local paper wrote it up co's they found out.

Nowadays. The Police probably know before the majority of party-goers know. And wildfire opinion can take hours not weeks.

Maybe if we didn't know as fast we would be further through the pandemic or perhaps as equally, mostly dead or dying.

Which is the better? Well we would have probably only known what Authorities wanted us to know and reported through the BBC.

We'd have only known if it was serious when Army Units were seen rolling down our streets.

"

As an old raver from the 80s,i miss the risk, danger, the police (always great) in some dilapidated factory. Good Times.

But if I caught my son doing this, I'd kill him!

How the relentless passage of time changes everything

d"

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"As a kid I was into Rave Culture and the amount of work it took to get one going was immense because it was so hard to get the info' out. Mostly it was a 'few' who told a few more who told a few more. Most of the population of adults didn't even notice it was going on until a local paper wrote it up co's they found out.

As an old raver from the 80s,i miss the risk, danger, the police (always great) in some dilapidated factory. Good Times.

But if I caught my son doing this, I'd kill him!

How the relentless passage of time changes everything "

Lol - I'd still go.

By *eenawMan  over a year ago

anywhere and everywhere

Nowhere near as bad, social and mainstream media have definitely not helped give perspective on it

d"

. Shrugged it off as one of those things that happen now and then.

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

We would have locked down and all would have been suppressed better than now . They didn't have the Facebook warriors /conspiracy brigade breeding the covidiots

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

if it happend in 88 when i left school i imagine i would of been dancing around in a feild of my nut somewhere around the m25

By *urekamanfor2Man  over a year ago

Shoreham

"We would have locked down and all would have been suppressed better than now . They didn't have the Facebook warriors /conspiracy brigade breeding the covidiots "

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

and you'd have been talking shite on cb radio.. what would everyone have done without zoom?

By *orace99Man  over a year ago

York

"and you'd have been talking shite on cb radio.. what would everyone have done without zoom? "

10-4 Good buddy......

I would of just been causing a nuisance with my mates on our BMX's. Then home for 8:30 on the CB into the small hours trying not to be too loud or I would be in trouble...... Then you got a whole load of skip and heard my mum shouting to turn it off

Add to that you would need to sanitise everytime you turned the TV over, we didn't have a remote for ages,

Giant haystacks and big daddy would of sorted covid out

» Add a new message to this topic