FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > NHS App - test and trace

NHS App - test and trace

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eneral Hysteria OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

I had the NHS App installed until I read this...

People who have been told to self-isolate through NHS test and trace could have their contact details passed to police...

Police forces will be able to access information about people “on a case-by-case” basis, so they can learn whether an individual has been told to self-isolate, the Department of Health and Social Care (DHCS) said.

Just saying.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Thats why i got told to delete it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I thought it was anonymous. They wouldn’t have lied to us would they?

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"I had the NHS App installed until I read this...

People who have been told to self-isolate through NHS test and trace could have their contact details passed to police...

Police forces will be able to access information about people “on a case-by-case” basis, so they can learn whether an individual has been told to self-isolate, the Department of Health and Social Care (DHCS) said.

Just saying."

This had nothimg to do with the app. Its about the police having access to testing data. Not sure u am totally happy with but it has zero to do with the app.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The app is a small part of test and trace and the organisations involved in finding people with a positive result can pass the personal information to the other authorities including the police.

By *rivextrMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I thought it was anonymous. They wouldn’t have lied to us would they? "

Of course not! Lol

By *oastGentMan  over a year ago

G71 7SA

We’re all fucked. If knowing where contagious people are is a problem for you; we’re all fucked.

By *rivextrMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

How funny would that be, if they catch people making out who shouldn’t be meeting... with all the location tracking and knowing which folk need to isolate.

Some story to tell

By *estless nativeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

Its not an NHS app, just sayin

By *az080378Woman  over a year ago

Cromer

If you should be isolating and you're not then I'm glad police would have access to details.

If I tested positive then I would isolate, therefore there's nothing about this that bothers me.

By *lovebustyladiesMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Omg if you got nothing to hide then don’t worry lol I got the app just keeping safe if we all did what we was told in may this would of gone but oh no we carried on meeting people lots of people and we are still in a mess but hey the proof is in the pudding as they say What we should do have a national lock down then everyone applies to be tested once your tested you go back to work use these nightingale hospitals as a mass test center start to filter out the people with COVID this won’t go away until something very drastic happens and that means shut the boarders stop the flow of people in and out the country

This needs shut down. It’s a load of shite. No personal data goes into the app - it doesn’t know who you are. It’s a decentralised system. The police won’t know anything about your app. Medical data cannot be chucked around - loads of laws stopping that.

The app helps contact tracing. If you uninstall it you risk that. And should wear a tinfoil hat.

If you test positive and you don't have the app your details will still be recorded and you will be in the system. Your name, address and phone numbers given in. So you can be tracked or traced anyway. If you go out after testing positive you deserve all you get anyway.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"If you should be isolating and you're not then I'm glad police would have access to details.

If I tested positive then I would isolate, therefore there's nothing about this that bothers me."

This..

People think a private company (SERCO) that operate the so called NHS track and trace system really care..its been announced that positive test results can and will be passed to police but wether this will include any information from the persons phone or apps is unclear yet...legally we didn't think medical records can be divulged without court orders (doctor patient confidentiality etc) unless the government has applied some new power to allow this, in which case it needs questioning as what else can it be applied to..same as phone tracking data..

By *rufinWoman  over a year ago

notts

It's already a thing that people with symptoms are staying home for a few days and keeping quiet about it, refusing to test. What's the use of a test if it opens you and all your contacts up to massive fines? There's peer pressure not to test now. Want your area out of lockdown? Stop testing. Is what people are saying.

We seem to like the whole nanny state approach, lots of blame and telling offs. Enjoy the unintended consequences.

I'm on the verge of deleting the app. There is a false notification google sends out as a result of the app saying that I've been close to someone who has tested positive, then another message an hour later telling me to ignore it.

Very little faith in it

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

"People think a private company (SERCO) that operate the so called NHS track and trace system really care..its been announced that positive test results can and will be passed to police but wether this will include any information from the persons phone or apps is unclear yet...legally we didn't think medical records can be divulged without court orders (doctor patient confidentiality etc) unless the government has applied some new power to allow this, in which case it needs questioning as what else can it be applied to..same as phone tracking data.."

Finally some sense !! People with the attitude ‘if you have nothing to hide’ etc need to wake up ! The police should not be able to access your medical records on a whim and track you. It’s unlawful surveillance.

I doubt very much if the police will have the time or the resources to do this. It's another stupid development that will be largely unenforceable so what is the point of it unless it is another step down the route to big brother state.

It's not Boris and his lot we have to worry about, it is the ones that come after them with all this lot in place that worries the fuck out of me, because they may use their new powers in ways we cannot imagine.

Glad I am 59 and not 29.

By *lovebustyladiesMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"People think a private company (SERCO) that operate the so called NHS track and trace system really care..its been announced that positive test results can and will be passed to police but wether this will include any information from the persons phone or apps is unclear yet...legally we didn't think medical records can be divulged without court orders (doctor patient confidentiality etc) unless the government has applied some new power to allow this, in which case it needs questioning as what else can it be applied to..same as phone tracking data..

Finally some sense !! People with the attitude ‘if you have nothing to hide’ etc need to wake up ! The police should not be able to access your medical records on a whim and track you. It’s unlawful surveillance. "

Tell you what let’s not have any restrictions let’s not care about COVID let’s tough this out survival of the fittest let’s see his many people we can infect let’s fill these empty pubs let’s fill these football stadiums don’t worry about who has it dies but have thus illness let’s just stop worried about covid and just carry in it’s just media hype it’s not really serious

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Aware you should isolate is not knowing your health records.

By *o Trash in My TrailerMan  over a year ago

Daytona Beach

This is as joke right? You are advised to self isolate and you don't want informing to do so if you are at risk due to contact to someone with it?

When they get an app alerting the public to domestic abusers/violence/paedos then i will install that to keep my family n i safe..

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"This is as joke right? You are advised to self isolate and you don't want informing to do so if you are at risk due to contact to someone with it? "

Read it again fella, it's not about that..

It's about the authorities enforcing the isolation by being given data from serco when people are positive..

No police force in the west has the resources to fully look at each person meant to be isolating, would think they may randomly check and if there are some breaking isolation then they will rightly be fined..

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

You don't have to self isolate if the app tells you to, its advisory. If you are contacted by track and trace on the phone, then you have to self isolate. Common sense would dictate that if you have a positive test then you also self isolate.

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"I doubt very much if the police will have the time or the resources to do this. It's another stupid development that will be largely unenforceable so what is the point of it unless it is another step down the route to big brother state.

It's not Boris and his lot we have to worry about, it is the ones that come after them with all this lot in place that worries the fuck out of me, because they may use their new powers in ways we cannot imagine.

Glad I am 59 and not 29."

You must have very limited imagination i can think of many, many ways, most of them for good.

It’s nothing to do with the app. Police are given information on positives so that they can stop arseholes spreading the virus if people were not knobs and compliant then they wouldn’t need to. Our country has even so lax on keeping to the rules and this is spreading.

I’ve spend the last 2 weekends isolating due to family members awaiting covid results I have no symptoms but I am following advise and being sensible shame everyone can’t follow suit

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

The app is anonymous and far too many people can't think for themselves.

"If you should be isolating and you're not then I'm glad police would have access to details.

If I tested positive then I would isolate, therefore there's nothing about this that bothers me."

However if I was in a job with no sick pay and could barely pay the bills or buy food on my normal wage then I don't honestly know what I'd do.

"The app is anonymous and far too many people can't think for themselves."

By *iguy for funMan  over a year ago

CIRENCESTER

[Removed by poster at 18/10/20 13:58:52]

CIRENCESTER

as the only personal data entered into the app is postcode (first three or four characters if i remember correctly) no one is going to be able to trace me.

the only time there might be data to share is if i test positive and i enter my test number, otherwise nada to share. an if i have tested positive then i should be sharing anyway via test and trace

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

I assume that the op has deleted it then because they plan to ignore the rules and not stay gone if they are told to, I don’t see any other reason to be worried about the police knowing o should be self isolating ...

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

I posted this in a similar thread . ..

It's actually nothing to do with the app.

If you had tested positive and someone like your neighbour or your cat reports you for breaking isolation to the Police. The Police can apply to access the data that Track and Track have, to see if you are under isolation rules.

Just saying."

Your username is very apt

By *reampie_vickyTV/TS  over a year ago

Wigan

Just saying."

I can't believe anybody would have been dart enough to install an app like this in the first place, this sort of thing happenes all the time.

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

"People think a private company (SERCO) that operate the so called NHS track and trace system really care..its been announced that positive test results can and will be passed to police but wether this will include any information from the persons phone or apps is unclear yet...legally we didn't think medical records can be divulged without court orders (doctor patient confidentiality etc) unless the government has applied some new power to allow this, in which case it needs questioning as what else can it be applied to..same as phone tracking data..

Finally some sense !! People with the attitude ‘if you have nothing to hide’ etc need to wake up ! The police should not be able to access your medical records on a whim and track you. It’s unlawful surveillance.

Tell you what let’s not have any restrictions let’s not care about COVID let’s tough this out survival of the fittest let’s see his many people we can infect let’s fill these empty pubs let’s fill these football stadiums don’t worry about who has it dies but have thus illness let’s just stop worried about covid and just carry in it’s just media hype it’s not really serious "

Ah the usual terrified response of going back the opposite way and letting the ‘virus’ run wild. Where was the surge in cases after the protests, if you’re so worried about a pub full of people ? But you’re right though, let’s lift the restrictions and get the country back to work

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

The app is not part of test and trace and is not enforceable. Track and trace call you to tell you to isolate because your partner or friend or colleague has tested positive and given your details as a close contact. We shouldn’t need the police to get involved,I would rather they did other things. Unfortunately there are a lot of selfish pricks in this country who are also shit with money and have an inability to maintain any personal financial reserves.

Simple maths shows its total nonsense.. if a positive tested person had been in close contact with just 10 people over the last few days..and they needed to self isolate...at a rate of 15000+ positive tests a day that means 165000+ need to self isolate..we imagine that most people over 2 or 3 days come in close contact with at least 10 or more people..that would mean 1,115,000 people a week self isolating taking a week off work etc to self isolate ! What about their family or household members ? If the person self isolating if they have it and have to wait for test results 2 or 3 days they could of infected the entire household..its almost impossible to totally self isolate in a shared household..unfortunately lockdowns and isolations won't eliminate the virus they will only possibly slow its spread..leaving people living in fear longer..

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Just saying.

I can't believe anybody would have been dart enough to install an app like this in the first place, this sort of thing happenes all the time."

The story is nothing but more made up bullshit.

App users are anonymous and the data exists on the users phone alone - nowhere else.

Just saying."

Just saying."

Absolute rubbish! The track and trace has no way of getting your private info, it's phones talking to phones. The police only get your details if you have a positive test. How else is this going to be policed when idiots don't apply common sense

Just saying.

I can't believe anybody would have been dart enough to install an app like this in the first place, this sort of thing happenes all the time."

True

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

If track and trace told me I had been in contact with someone with the virus I would ask where and when, if i had symptoms i would be already self isolating anyway so wouldn't need telling; if i had no symptoms i would ask for a test, if i was tested and negative i would get on with life, if positive clearly self isolate; if no test available i am sorry there is no way i am self isolating because i was in a supermarket where someone tested positive, sometime on a day when i was in there !!

I have already had a call from 'track and trace' telling me i needed to book a test that they could send me to my address for £29.99 if i paid today !

really !!!!!!

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Mods need to get a grip and remove this misinformation. It's dangerous and we are better than this.

Sadly this sort of blanket statement like thousands of others here on fab is almost deliberately misleading by omission or eronious at best.

The police will not have access to your personal details at all, just your place of residence, which is already in the public domain anyway, and this is only if you test positive and are suspected of not adherence to guidelines.

It's an enforcement being given to them because of the number of silly people who think lives don't matter, who think this virus doesn't exist or feel they are more important than anyone else.

“If there is evidence to suggest you are not complying with the duty to self-isolate without reasonable justification, your local authority may pass this information on to local police forces to investigate further. This may lead to enforcement action being taken against you, which could include you being fined.”

This is what it says:

The guidance also states: “A police force may request information relating to positive Covid-19 tests from the NHS Test & Trace programme directly, where they are investigating a report of someone who may not be complying with the mandatory self-isolation period.”

If people behave maturely and responsibly then the government wouldn't have considered and implemented fines, but these fines aren't working so harder enforcement is required.

If anyone has the right to be enraged it's those who have acted responsibly, adhered to the guidelines because this is a direct result of the idiots who haven't.

"Mods need to get a grip and remove this misinformation. It's dangerous and we are better than this. "

Or simply target those who are deliberately misleading others.

But allow the right information to be displayed.

Leicestershire

"Mods need to get a grip and remove this misinformation. It's dangerous and we are better than this. "

I totally agree.

There is enough to worry about without this misleading rubbish.

Leicestershire

"

I have already had a call from 'track and trace' telling me i needed to book a test that they could send me to my address for £29.99 if i paid today !

really !!!!!!"

...which will have come from an offshore scam group and absolutely nothing to do with test and trace...

teleford

"Simple maths shows its total nonsense.. if a positive tested person had been in close contact with just 10 people over the last few days..and they needed to self isolate...at a rate of 15000+ positive tests a day that means 165000+ need to self isolate..we imagine that most people over 2 or 3 days come in close contact with at least 10 or more people..that would mean 1,115,000 people a week self isolating taking a week off work etc to self isolate ! What about their family or household members ? If the person self isolating if they have it and have to wait for test results 2 or 3 days they could of infected the entire household..its almost impossible to totally self isolate in a shared household..unfortunately lockdowns and isolations won't eliminate the virus they will only possibly slow its spread..leaving people living in fear longer.."

Slowing the virus is the aim, if it isn’t slowed the NHS will only have treatment capacity for a fraction of those in need of critical care

Bit of a shit situation really

Was listening to the world service on radio other nite and it said test and trace is down to only geting 27 percent .the comp dont work the folks are not given ionough information and the virus lab whear the tests go have had some resigne and been given a improovment notice by health and saftey because they dont giv them training just throw folks in the deep end. Now thats what i call a world beating service .time for a country wide vot of no confidence in the present gov

By *andy IanMan  over a year ago

cheshire/Preston

Don’t know what your all so worried about the police or secret services can track anyone they want when they want do if your doing nothing wrong you got nothing to worry about. It’s in your and everyone else’s best interest to isolate if you are Infected so do it then we can get all this out the way and get back to as near normal as we can

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Get real, The app doesn't inform the police, so take your tinfoil hats off and put away the soap box before yet another crackpot conspiracy gets propagated...

CIRENCESTER

"Get real, The app doesn't inform the police, so take your tinfoil hats off and put away the soap box before yet another crackpot conspiracy gets propagated...

"

i keep hearing about these tinfoil hats- where do i get one? will they go with my pink unicorn and scotch mist?

"Simple maths shows its total nonsense.. if a positive tested person had been in close contact with just 10 people over the last few days..and they needed to self isolate...at a rate of 15000+ positive tests a day that means 165000+ need to self isolate..we imagine that most people over 2 or 3 days come in close contact with at least 10 or more people..that would mean 1,115,000 people a week self isolating taking a week off work etc to self isolate ! What about their family or household members ? If the person self isolating if they have it and have to wait for test results 2 or 3 days they could of infected the entire household..its almost impossible to totally self isolate in a shared household..unfortunately lockdowns and isolations won't eliminate the virus they will only possibly slow its spread..leaving people living in fear longer.."

Your conclusion is whatever you want your message to be I guess.

Or one could conclude:

1. It takes the pressure off the NHS.

2. Allows the NHS to give the care to so many who are waiting in the wings for other treatments which have been put on hold due to Covid admissions.

3. Reduces the risks to valuable frontline NHS staff

I could go on but may your conclusive reasoning is a more valid one.

What I may point out is the fear we are seeing is primarily due to the unknown and the worry that this unknown can happen. One of the worst fear incitements at the moment is the pervasive false information that is being masked in some paltry elements of truth, enough to make it sound plausible.

By *eneral Hysteria OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

That's not how healthy debate works.

Central

I'm assuming that whoever posts these fears about the app didn't pause for long to consider how it's anonymous but that it's the testing centre that passes on the info to the police. Nothing to do with any app

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

The problem is the NHS would be required to inform the police when anyone tests positive.

I contacted the Information Commissioners office yesterday and was informed by them that I should delete the app.

The way I see it if the people who are in charge of policing privacy think that is the only way of preventing a wholesale breach of the GDPR we need to take notice of it.

That was always going to happen same if you get a test thats why il not do one again

I deleted app as it was coursing battery charging faults. Once deleted phone would charge normally

By *extasy19Couple  over a year ago

Northampton

Track and trace is failing. My business partner was contacted last Friday 10 days after a customer was tested positive in Derby. We know that one of the Northampton Saints players in the next village tested positive after playing Sale Sharks - we had no cases here this year, but now two more villagers have tested positive on Saturday and this morning. We were with them in our local most nights last week, strict social distancing and tracking in the pub but nothing from the NHS. We are self isolating because the landlord phoned us about it. A strong argument for local common sense.

If I tested positive then I would isolate, therefore there's nothing about this that bothers me.

The problem is the NHS would be required to inform the police when anyone tests positive.

I contacted the Information Commissioners office yesterday and was informed by them that I should delete the app.

The way I see it if the people who are in charge of policing privacy think that is the only way of preventing a wholesale breach of the GDPR we need to take notice of it."

May I reiterate, the app is completely anonymous.

It is supported by Google and Apple technology two have worked with and accepted that the app is anonymous..

The app is a fairly useful tool in helping control the virus..

When you have a positive test, you then get a link sent from the NHS which takes you to a website where you add places you have visited and any contacts you know.

By adding a name, that person gets informed they have been in contact with a confirmed case (As happened with my family members).

This is independent of the App.

The app, when you add a positive test to it, will contact everyone you have had a confirmed contact with based upon its own requirements. Those persons you have been in contact with are stored as a random code on your phone, as you are on theirs. You can see the data if you search for covid in phone settings.

When you add a valid positive test number to the app, those code numbers on your phone are then sent to everybody's phones and if they correspond, they have a warning appear on their phone.

Think of it a little like Bingo except you really don't want to win the full house.

Track and trace alone will not work, not all places you visit will have a record of where you sat and who was nearby, nor will you know who those strangers are.

The app helps fill that void and the only way it will work is by all of us having it on our phones and not creating false conspiracy theories..

The thing is about the app is this, they send you a code after you have tested positive, you put it into the app and tells you to isolate for 10 days, the problem with this is, if you forget to put in the code and put it in 4 days later, the 10 days start from then

Sorry, forgot to add that test and trace staff do call those who should be isolating and are registered through the online system (Not the app).

Those who they have concerns are not complying with the legal requirement to self isolate, may have their details passed onto the police of environmental health for enforcing.

teleford

"The thing is about the app is this, they send you a code after you have tested positive, you put it into the app and tells you to isolate for 10 days, the problem with this is, if you forget to put in the code and put it in 4 days later, the 10 days start from then"

You are bright enough to add 10 days on a calendar are you not? Your release date on the app is only guidance.

Its all a marketing scam the app like personalised advert would never get it no matter who has access

By *lderguy4uMan  over a year ago

wirral

The pigs will track you for ever not just covid

"The thing is about the app is this, they send you a code after you have tested positive, you put it into the app and tells you to isolate for 10 days, the problem with this is, if you forget to put in the code and put it in 4 days later, the 10 days start from then

You are bright enough to add 10 days on a calendar are you not? Your release date on the app is only guidance."

I'm aware of that plank, I'm just explaining the app not my inability of mathematics

Leicestershire

"Mods need to get a grip and remove this misinformation. It's dangerous and we are better than this.

That's not how healthy debate works."

And spreading total nonsense like this does not encourage 'healthy debate' as it often boils down to a single derogatory word.

teleford

"The pigs will track you for ever not just covid "

I do have a distain for those who neither value or respect the police. Hopefully the day when you find yourself to be a victim and need the police, that they treat you with an equal level of competent

Do you not think the police don t have enough to deal with without imbeciles who think the world is conspiring against them.

There are actual criminals out there who willingly would harm others or steal from others; gang crime and drug related criminality..

These are the people that the police want to deal with, they don't want to, or need to be wasting resources on having to ensure covidiots aren't breaking the law.

Do you honestly think the police give a shit who you are?

Do you think they have a fraction of the resources required to track everyone in the country?

Pull your head out of your own orifice and you may actually see what is really going on..

"Its all a marketing scam the app like personalised advert would never get it no matter who has access"

Evidence please if you have any.

By *espectconsentandfilthMan  over a year ago

Coatbridge

The Scottish T&T app is totally anonymous.

I have friends who have been contacted and told to self isolate or get tested if they have symptoms because they have been in proximity to someone who has tested positive.

They have no idea who the Covid positive person is or their location.

Central

"Its all a marketing scam the app like personalised advert would never get it no matter who has access"

The app doesn't advertise or market you, otherwise all fab single men would use it to raise their prominence. Taxpayers are funding promotion of it, to increase uptake by more people, as this makes the £millions invested in it more effective at reducing infection levels, by people who may not know they could be infected.

Anyone not testing and continuing to go about their public life, when they have substantial reasons for thinking that they got infected, are a public enemy.

We must pay people at full wage levels, if they are infected, so that they quarantine immediately. Nobody should be worried about getting tested and in fear of their livelihoods.

By *lashheartMan  over a year ago

shrewsbury

So what information do you think they will get that they either don’t already know or can find in the phone book etc? If this carries on we will all be locked down again

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Just saying."

If you download the app you agree to house arrest and a £10,000 fine.

salisbury

In other news... did you know that if for example you go to Tesco, then later on someone who's tested positive goes to that same shop you could be asked to isolate for 2 weeks, even though you left before they arrived.

Leicestershire

Really?

You have any idea how stupid you sound talking like that?

"In other news... did you know that if for example you go to Tesco, then later on someone who's tested positive goes to that same shop you could be asked to isolate for 2 weeks, even though you left before they arrived. "

Not very likely however because not enough time is spent in the presence of other people.

Just saying.

If you download the app you agree to house arrest and a £10,000 fine. "

No you don't. If you get a positive test you agree to lockdown - if you break your lockdown you may be fined up to 10k.

salisbury

Just saying.

No you don't. If you get a positive test you agree to lockdown - if you break your lockdown you may be fined up to 10k. "

Soooo I'm hearing don't get tested. Then you won't be fined 10k... right?

Just saying.

No you don't. If you get a positive test you agree to lockdown - if you break your lockdown you may be fined up to 10k.

Soooo I'm hearing don't get tested. Then you won't be fined 10k... right?"

Well that's up to you - but if you had symptoms and don't get tested what does that make you?

salisbury

Just saying.

Well that's up to you - but if you had symptoms and don't get tested what does that make you? "

Not at risk of using a used test kit?

By *ichelle999Couple  over a year ago

leicester

Sorry a question this app if your neighbors are sat in there front room and you are sat in yours will it inform you that they have it via Bluetooth ?

Leicestershire

"Sorry a question this app if your neighbors are sat in there front room and you are sat in yours will it inform you that they have it via Bluetooth ?"

Bluetooth is limited range and doesn't like travelling through walls.

So, conceivable but unlikely.

By *ichelle999Couple  over a year ago

leicester

Ok thank you just wondering when I haven't been out for days when the odd person walks passed my window as it's close to the path I get a warning from the app and haven't even left the house

Just saying.

Well that's up to you - but if you had symptoms and don't get tested what does that make you? "

The type of person who is spreading it. They are the reason why businesses are closing.

By *onnydayzMan  over a year ago

preston

Don't panic. Apparently only one person has ever been traced

Wakefield

The way I see it if the people who are in charge of policing privacy think that is the only way of preventing a wholesale breach of the GDPR we need to take notice of it.

May I reiterate, the app is completely anonymous.

It is supported by Google and Apple technology two have worked with and accepted that the app is anonymous..

The app is a fairly useful tool in helping control the virus..

When you have a positive test, you then get a link sent from the NHS which takes you to a website where you add places you have visited and any contacts you know.

By adding a name, that person gets informed they have been in contact with a confirmed case (As happened with my family members).

This is independent of the App.

The app, when you add a positive test to it, will contact everyone you have had a confirmed contact with based upon its own requirements. Those persons you have been in contact with are stored as a random code on your phone, as you are on theirs. You can see the data if you search for covid in phone settings.

When you add a valid positive test number to the app, those code numbers on your phone are then sent to everybody's phones and if they correspond, they have a warning appear on their phone.

Think of it a little like Bingo except you really don't want to win the full house.

Track and trace alone will not work, not all places you visit will have a record of where you sat and who was nearby, nor will you know who those strangers are.

The app helps fill that void and the only way it will work is by all of us having it on our phones and not creating false conspiracy theories.. "

We know how the app works thank you, but you obviously do not know the consequences of using the app.

If you do not use the app you will not be contacted by the NHS to have a test. That in turn means you do not appear on the NHS dataset of people who have had a test and your details which are held by the NHS cannot be reported to the police.

If you show symptoms you can still arrange to be tested if you need to be tested.

That is the IC logic of deleting the app.

By *iobhan123Woman  over a year ago

Deal

Track and trace ant it's 12billion pound price tag has naff all to do with the NHS,our annual budget for Primary care across the UK is less than half of this for 20/21

By *j48Man  over a year ago

Wigan

For fucks sake

If you've got a cold like symptoms, runny nose etc

Do what you'd have done 2 years ago..

Get over it after a few days. Who the hell needs an app or to go running anywhere for a test??

Grow up

Leicestershire

"

"

Like fuck they did.

Leicestershire

Never read so much total bullshit in a Fab topic before.

It's not covid we should be scared of, it's the idiots wandering among the rest of us with paranoid delusions and gross stupidity.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

It appears that it was fake news, and no data from the app is (or legally can be) passed to the police.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-54599320

Wakefield

"It appears that it was fake news, and no data from the app is (or legally can be) passed to the police.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-54599320"

Yes but as I explained above the use of the words "NHS app" are a shortcut rather than saying people who have tested positive for covid-19, the Information Commissioner's office understands this context is very concerned about the breach of GDPR.

The app is just the start of an entwined process.

To put it in sex terms it is like saying a woman can get pregnant if a man puts his cock in her pussy, that in itself cannot make her pregnant, but if he allows cum to be transferred from his cock to her she can.

Durham

Just saying.

Well that's up to you - but if you had symptoms and don't get tested what does that make you?

Not at risk of using a used test kit? "

The swabs from the kits come in sealed blister packs. The instructions tell you if the swabs are not sealed do not use. So the risk of using a used test kit would be pretty much nil unless you were stupid.

Durham

"In other news... did you know that if for example you go to Tesco, then later on someone who's tested positive goes to that same shop you could be asked to isolate for 2 weeks, even though you left before they arrived. "

No they couldn't supermarkets don't record track and trace details so its impossible. To be advised to isolate by the app you would have be within 2 metres of someone for at least 15 minutes, so basically follow someone round the supermarket and stay within 2 metres of them. If you spend several hours within 4 metres of someone you could be advised to isolate.

Bradford

Why ? I am sure i am of no interest to the porcine community either locally or nationally.

Unless of course in revenge for the bacon butty i had for breakfast.

On a serious note, if the 'police' want to track you forever you must need tracking, as i doubt Fab members are high on the list of surveillance targets.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

£12b spent on it so far.

By *otSoNewAnymoreMan  over a year ago

North East

The pigs? you sound like a wonderful human being

"Never read so much total bullshit in a Fab topic before.

It's not covid we should be scared of, it's the idiots wandering among the rest of us with paranoid delusions and gross stupidity."

CIRENCESTER

as it works via bluetooth and proximity to your phone and length of time spent close i 'm not sure that's right

Bradford

I really do not know what the answer is, but this track and trace crap is not it.

An elderly relative of mine who has not been out of her flat for 6 months; has had no one in the flat except the doctor and nurse 3 months ago, and all her food delivered by me or my sister to her door (never opened whilst we are still there) does not have a smart phone and so does not have the app has just received today a call from NHS saying she has been in direct contact with someone who has tested positive and so she must self isolate.

The person on the phone refused to say where, when and how they had her number just insisted that if she did not she would be fined £1000.

the number she was called from was the official NHS track and trace number, but they refused to comment when she said she was 89 and hadnt been ot of the house since march, just repeating that she would be fined.

She does not give a damn about the self isolating bit, she has been for months, but she is now scared to sleep in case someone comes to check and she doesn't hear them (she is almost deaf and has hearing aids during the day.

she is worried to death about this ! What the hell is this world coming to when the NHS of all people are threatening an 89 yr old with a fine.

how did they get her number, (they didn't use her name or confirm what it was, they said that was confidential)

any ideas folks ? I am at a loss !!!!!!

Durham

"I really do not know what the answer is, but this track and trace crap is not it.

An elderly relative of mine who has not been out of her flat for 6 months; has had no one in the flat except the doctor and nurse 3 months ago, and all her food delivered by me or my sister to her door (never opened whilst we are still there) does not have a smart phone and so does not have the app has just received today a call from NHS saying she has been in direct contact with someone who has tested positive and so she must self isolate.

The person on the phone refused to say where, when and how they had her number just insisted that if she did not she would be fined £1000.

the number she was called from was the official NHS track and trace number, but they refused to comment when she said she was 89 and hadnt been ot of the house since march, just repeating that she would be fined.

She does not give a damn about the self isolating bit, she has been for months, but she is now scared to sleep in case someone comes to check and she doesn't hear them (she is almost deaf and has hearing aids during the day.

she is worried to death about this ! What the hell is this world coming to when the NHS of all people are threatening an 89 yr old with a fine.

how did they get her number, (they didn't use her name or confirm what it was, they said that was confidential)

any ideas folks ? I am at a loss !!!!!! "

Sounds like a nurse or doctor must have tested positive. Track and trace can't tell you who has tested positive due to privacy rules. I think they should have used common sense and been gentler but i bet the callers on not much more than minimum wage just read a script.

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

There's just been an interesting interview on Peston with Nick Soams who who heads up Serco, one of the track and trace groups.

He gave out some figures and ideas - no doubt manipulated though interesting nonetheless. The UK's testing 60% larger than Germany's and 40% larger than France's with track and track contacting around 250,000 per week.

He gave the idea of disinformation - suggesting Labour/Media are generating anti capitalist sentiment and as a result, an anti-vax sentiment to contact tracers, due to the ££££'s paid to staff.

When you think the Red Wall and covid cases is largely in Northern Labour run towns, the idea that the rich get paid whist the poor loose jobs or get covid, may give reason to the Northern spread? Could Politicking be spreading Covid?

"There's just been an interesting interview on Peston with Nick Soams who who heads up Serco, one of the track and trace groups.

He gave out some figures and ideas - no doubt manipulated though interesting nonetheless. The UK's testing 60% larger than Germany's and 40% larger than France's with track and track contacting around 250,000 per week.

He gave the idea of disinformation - suggesting Labour/Media are generating anti capitalist sentiment and as a result, an anti-vax sentiment to contact tracers, due to the ££££'s paid to staff.

When you think the Red Wall and covid cases is largely in Northern Labour run towns, the idea that the rich get paid whist the poor loose jobs or get covid, may give reason to the Northern spread? Could Politicking be spreading Covid?"

If you feel the need to distract from their performance yes let’s blame the opposition and the media.

By *r NeilMan  over a year ago

mobile

Join the Love Rebellion!!

Central

"There's just been an interesting interview on Peston with Nick Soams who who heads up Serco, one of the track and trace groups.

When you think the Red Wall and covid cases is largely in Northern Labour run towns, the idea that the rich get paid whist the poor loose jobs or get covid, may give reason to the Northern spread? Could Politicking be spreading Covid?"

It was a rather pathetic sales or shareholders pitch that had style but no substance. They took on contracts and have performed dismally - the UK may have done more but Serco shouldn't have taken or retained it, when not being up to the job. Many of these £billions have been given out to companies friendly with the conservative party without the competitive tendering needed, they've had a licence to print their own money, except it was ours. There's £4 billions unaccounted for at present and £5 million was quibbled over for Manchester and their economy to be supported.

All in this together. If you have your snout in the public money trough.

Track and trace have failed to get in touch with people quickly, if they even had any contact with people.

When people get infected, that is the time when they are a huge cause of our rising infection levels. They should be contacted and paid fully to quarantine. Their contacts should be traced, tested and quarantined as near immediately as possible too.

The outsourced for profit testing should be rapid. Contact tracing should be rapid too and it has to be comprehensive.

We've had a privatised shambles, earning £millions for some. Whilst the population gets poorer and sees their economy bled dry by the vultures in power and their cronies. Privatisation of the health service. Tens of thousands more now predicted to die by COBRA members

yumsville

When you think the Red Wall and covid cases is largely in Northern Labour run towns, the idea that the rich get paid whist the poor loose jobs or get covid, may give reason to the Northern spread? Could Politicking be spreading Covid?

It was a rather pathetic sales or shareholders pitch that had style but no substance. They took on contracts and have performed dismally - the UK may have done more but Serco shouldn't have taken or retained it, when not being up to the job. Many of these £billions have been given out to companies friendly with the conservative party without the competitive tendering needed, they've had a licence to print their own money, except it was ours. There's £4 billions unaccounted for at present and £5 million was quibbled over for Manchester and their economy to be supported.

Track and trace have failed to get in touch with people quickly, if they even had any contact with people.

When people get infected, that is the time when they are a huge cause of our rising infection levels. They should be contacted and paid fully to quarantine. Their contacts should be traced, tested and quarantined as near immediately as possible too.

The outsourced for profit testing should be rapid. Contact tracing should be rapid too and it has to be comprehensive.

We've had a privatised shambles, earning £millions for some. Whilst the population gets poorer and sees their economy bled dry by the vultures in power and their cronies. Privatisation of the health service. Tens of thousands more now predicted to die by COBRA members "

I am by no means saying the track and trace has been a success by any means, especially when countries have implemented systems and apps far sooner than us.

A couple of things though, saying testing should be rapid or it's a privatised shambles ... should the NHS be doing this research instead then?

Any and all vaccines are going to line the pockets of shareholders as the NHS doesn't have the capacity to do so. Do you think the NHS has, should have or ever would have, the capability of developing vaccines to combat a virus of this type - as it is not what it was designed to do? Do you think the NHS has the call centres to implement track and trace? Even if outsourced to local government, local government will forever spend money excessively on failed schemes as Councillors are voted in by party, not by capacity.

To say there is no room for private industry in medicine is a little short sighted. There would be no medicines without private industry. I think it was Jonathan Van Tam that said track and trace was never designed to cope with the number of cases being dealt with. When cases get into the tens of thousands the number of contacts to be traced doesn't just double it increases ten fold.

Though as said - I am not saying it is a success, just giving a different viewpoint that anti capitalist sentiment could be leading to increased rejection of track and trace. It'd be interesting to know the Tory v's Labour council covid rates??

liverpool

We've had a privatised shambles, earning £millions for some. Whilst the population gets poorer and sees their economy bled dry by the vultures in power and their cronies. Privatisation of the health service. Tens of thousands more now predicted to die by COBRA members

I am by no means saying the track and trace has been a success by any means, especially when countries have implemented systems and apps far sooner than us.

A couple of things though, saying testing should be rapid or it's a privatised shambles ... should the NHS be doing this research instead then?

Any and all vaccines are going to line the pockets of shareholders as the NHS doesn't have the capacity to do so. Do you think the NHS has, should have or ever would have, the capability of developing vaccines to combat a virus of this type - as it is not what it was designed to do? Do you think the NHS has the call centres to implement track and trace? Even if outsourced to local government, local government will forever spend money excessively on failed schemes as Councillors are voted in by party, not by capacity.

To say there is no room for private industry in medicine is a little short sighted. There would be no medicines without private industry. I think it was Jonathan Van Tam that said track and trace was never designed to cope with the number of cases being dealt with. When cases get into the tens of thousands the number of contacts to be traced doesn't just double it increases ten fold.

Though as said - I am not saying it is a success, just giving a different viewpoint that anti capitalist sentiment could be leading to increased rejection of track and trace. It'd be interesting to know the Tory v's Labour council covid rates?? "

I Thonk the 1st sentence is a bit of an understatement

Why are consultants getting paid 6k a day?

I thought the NHS had the resources to run track and trace if it used the numerous university laboratories which were lying empty?

yumsville

Though as said - I am not saying it is a success, just giving a different viewpoint that anti capitalist sentiment could be leading to increased rejection of track and trace. It'd be interesting to know the Tory v's Labour council covid rates??

I thought the NHS had the resources to run track and trace if it used the numerous university laboratories which were lying empty?"

Aside from the fact Universities would need funding, they would still need necessary equipment from the private sector, on top of being a logistical nightmare.

Though the dilemma would be: you pay consultants and/or industry ridiculous sums of money for their experience or you pay Universities to handle a highly contagious disease.

There has just been a Guardian report today - nurses didn't receive proper training when dealing with Covid referrals from 111. People who have careers in the NHS though have no diagnostic experience. It is a novel virus not a political game.

Bradford

"I really do not know what the answer is, but this track and trace crap is not it.

any ideas folks ? I am at a loss !!!!!!

Sounds like a nurse or doctor must have tested positive. Track and trace can't tell you who has tested positive due to privacy rules. I think they should have used common sense and been gentler but i bet the callers on not much more than minimum wage just read a script. "

It was three months ago that they were at her house, surely they cant be contacting people who they visited three months ago ?

liverpool

I thought the NHS had the resources to run track and trace if it used the numerous university laboratories which were lying empty?

Aside from the fact Universities would need funding, they would still need necessary equipment from the private sector, on top of being a logistical nightmare.

Though the dilemma would be: you pay consultants and/or industry ridiculous sums of money for their experience or you pay Universities to handle a highly contagious disease.

There has just been a Guardian report today - nurses didn't receive proper training when dealing with Covid referrals from 111. People who have careers in the NHS though have no diagnostic experience. It is a novel virus not a political game. "

Personally I'm not sure there is any justification in paying anyone 6 grand a day.

I'm not expert in this, but I do know a vast sum of money seems to have been invested in something which has been an utter cock up.

And that's where it gets into politics as there should be transparency.

» Add a new message to this topic