FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Holidays being cancelled...

Holidays being cancelled...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uminsiderMK OP   Man  over a year ago

St Austell

Local news reports indicate that just as when the Leicester lockdown was announced, various holiday accommodations are now actively cancelling half-term holidays for anyone who lives in a Tier 3 area...

....but as the official government guidance is that people "should not" travel outside a Tier 3 area or stay overnight elsewhere, rather than "must not", it's causing arguments...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

To be honest I agree with that stance. If you are in tier 3 you really shouldn’t be travelling or staying overnight elsewhere unless it is absolutely necessary.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"Local news reports indicate that just as when the Leicester lockdown was announced, various holiday accommodations are now actively cancelling half-term holidays for anyone who lives in a Tier 3 area...

....but as the official government guidance is that people "should not" travel outside a Tier 3 area or stay overnight elsewhere, rather than "must not", it's causing arguments... "

Semantics don't matter to those of us that use common sense, we known what's the right thing to do and what's taking the piss.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"To be honest I agree with that stance. If you are in tier 3 you really shouldn’t be travelling or staying overnight elsewhere unless it is absolutely necessary.

"

Like work ?

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

The 'guidance' is there for a reason..

chelmsford

"To be honest I agree with that stance. If you are in tier 3 you really shouldn’t be travelling or staying overnight elsewhere unless it is absolutely necessary.

Like work ?"

Yes of course you can travel for work

St Austell

"To be honest I agree with that stance. If you are in tier 3 you really shouldn’t be travelling or staying overnight elsewhere unless it is absolutely necessary. "

"Semantics don't matter to those of us that use common sense, we known what's the right thing to do and what's taking the piss. "

Unfortunately, there are already some screaming that it's not a 'rule', and that they're being discriminated against because of where they live...

Like work ?

Yes of course you can travel for work "

I meant overnight stays with work.

On a mooch

Like work ?"

Work is one of the exceptions going on holiday isn’t

chelmsford

Like work ?

Yes of course you can travel for work

I meant overnight stays with work."

I would have thought that was reasonable, it is a guidance and work and all that involves is essential, a holiday isn't

Like work ?

Work is one of the exceptions going on holiday isn’t "

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

I’m told childcare bubble is still ok so fingers crossed this is the case

Need to do more research

On a mooch

"I’m told childcare bubble is still ok so fingers crossed this is the case

Need to do more research"

It is .... google Tier 3 rules and you’ll see the gov.uk page on what you can and can’t do

"Local news reports indicate that just as when the Leicester lockdown was announced, various holiday accommodations are now actively cancelling half-term holidays for anyone who lives in a Tier 3 area...

....but as the official government guidance is that people "should not" travel outside a Tier 3 area or stay overnight elsewhere, rather than "must not", it's causing arguments... "

I know a couple of people who've had breaks away cancelled by the venue because of this.

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

"

What if youve paid hundreds of pounds for a trip away? Are people just meant to scrap it and lose money, as insurance firms will do what they can to not pay out.

if a business wants to protect their staff and other customers by refusing people who have been advised not to travel anyway i dont see what the issue is

What if youve paid hundreds of pounds for a trip away? Are people just meant to scrap it and lose money, as insurance firms will do what they can to not pay out. "

Well its obvious they will get their money back as the venue has cancelled not the customer.

What if youve paid hundreds of pounds for a trip away? Are people just meant to scrap it and lose money, as insurance firms will do what they can to not pay out. "

dont book anything you can't afford to lose during a pandemic

if it was booked before the pandemic then their travel insurance would have covered it

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"The 'guidance' is there for a reason.."

It is yes, but apparently one can't travel from where we are to Cumbria but we can hop on a flight to Crete..

St Austell

"if a business wants to protect their staff and other customers by refusing people who have been advised not to travel anyway i dont see what the issue is "

The problem is, because it's only 'guidance' and not an 'instruction', in some cases venues that have cancelled bookings from Tier 3 areas are being threatened with legal action for 'breach of contract'...

St Austell

"Well its obvious they will get their money back as the venue has cancelled not the customer. "

"if it was booked before the pandemic then their travel insurance would have covered it "

Not unless the government ban travel, instead of just advising against it...

"The 'guidance' is there for a reason..

It is yes, but apparently one can't travel from where we are to Cumbria but we can hop on a flight to Crete.."

And your point is? Perhaps in Crete the numbers are down and common sense has been used in following the rules unlike in Cumbria I can imagine

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

I’m amazed that with everything that’s going on in the world , anyone would want to go on holiday.

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

"I’m amazed that with everything that’s going on in the world , anyone would want to go on holiday. "

Why? The virus has a 99% survival rate.

"I’m amazed that with everything that’s going on in the world , anyone would want to go on holiday. "

Ours has been paid for a year now .

You give me 2 grand and I wont go.

Deal?

It is yes, but apparently one can't travel from where we are to Cumbria but we can hop on a flight to Crete..And your point is? Perhaps in Crete the numbers are down and common sense has been used in following the rules unlike in Cumbria I can imagine"

The numbers in Cumbria are lower than in Lancashire.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

It is yes, but apparently one can't travel from where we are to Cumbria but we can hop on a flight to Crete..And your point is? Perhaps in Crete the numbers are down and common sense has been used in following the rules unlike in Cumbria I can imagine"

My point of is a simple one if the guidance is only to travel outside a tier 3 area for essential or work reasons it's a bit daft to say we suggest you don't travel to Cumbria and say hire a cottage or use the van but it's ok to pop down to the nearest airport and sit on a plane for four hours..

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"I’m amazed that with everything that’s going on in the world , anyone would want to go on holiday.

Deal?"

Write it off for the greater good. New cases daily are shooting up again right across Europe.

I love a good holiday as much as anyone but FFS, we are in a crisis the likes that we have never seen .

Did people worry about holidays in WW2?

"I’m amazed that with everything that’s going on in the world , anyone would want to go on holiday.

Deal?

Write it off for the greater good. New cases daily are shooting up again right across Europe.

I love a good holiday as much as anyone but FFS, we are in a crisis the likes that we have never seen .

Did people worry about holidays in WW2?"

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

....but as the official government guidance is that people "should not" travel outside a Tier 3 area or stay overnight elsewhere, rather than "must not", it's causing arguments...

Semantics don't matter to those of us that use common sense, we known what's the right thing to do and what's taking the piss."

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Deal?

Did people worry about holidays in WW2?"

I believe many did actually go on holiday during WW2, yes, but there wasn't a deadly virus circulating then

[Removed by poster at 23/10/20 18:32:47]

Deal?"

there is such a thing as travel insurance, even cancelation insurance, if you spend that sort of money without then you only have yourself to blame

By *otsussexMan  over a year ago

sussex/hants border

Travel comes with risk currently which could cost plenty. 30+ years in the airline business, I certainly wouldn't be travelling anywhere currently. Unless of course you are prepared to cough up to have to stay somewhere yourself if travel/flights cancelled. Those who got stuck whilst away when quarantine regs were bought in knew the risk before going. It was pathetic hearing some affected bleeting on national news.

In Seotember I spoke to a lady returning to USA who had been stuck (at her expense) in the UK since February. She'd only come for 10 days. US borders are still closed to non citizens.

Need to do more research

It is .... google Tier 3 rules and you’ll see the gov.uk page on what you can and can’t do "

this is where it all goes wrong,

tier 3 isolation but you can to this, acceptions here, acceptions there

lets mix all kids together, no wonder this virus is spreading, lets all send our kids to school and mingle

A few businesses here in Cornwall have been either giving a total refund or changing holiday to next year with no extra charge for anyone from a high risk/lockdown area since we reopened to tourists! Quite rightly to lower risk to staff and other tourists!

rotherham

Need to do more research

It is .... google Tier 3 rules and you’ll see the gov.uk page on what you can and can’t do

lets mix all kids together, no wonder this virus is spreading, lets all send our kids to school and mingle"

The child in question is my grandaughter and only 15 months old so doesn’t mix with other kids at school yet

I have to look after her when parents go to work

chelmsford

Need to do more research

lets mix all kids together, no wonder this virus is spreading, lets all send our kids to school and mingle

The child in question is my grandaughter and only 15 months old so doesn’t mix with other kids at school yet

I have to look after her when parents go to work"

And you can continue to do that

Xxx

rotherham

I know ...

chelmsford

"I know ... "

xxx

"I know ...

xxx"

chelmsford

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

What if youve paid hundreds of pounds for a trip away? Are people just meant to scrap it and lose money, as insurance firms will do what they can to not pay out.

Well its obvious they will get their money back as the venue has cancelled not the customer. "

Not really. If the venue is in low tier and still open, and the customer is in top tier, not meant to travel. Id say fuck it and still go

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I think this is the correct decision to reduce infections.

Whilst going away is nice and positive for mental health, it is far from necessary.

Hubby and I have a few days away booked next week. The area we are in and that we are travelling to are both tier 1. If either was tier 3, we would not be going.

It's consider this to be common sense and not being selfish.

Deal?

there is such a thing as travel insurance, even cancelation insurance, if you spend that sort of money without then you only have yourself to blame"

Why would I cancel?

"Travel comes with risk currently which could cost plenty. 30+ years in the airline business, I certainly wouldn't be travelling anywhere currently. Unless of course you are prepared to cough up to have to stay somewhere yourself if travel/flights cancelled. Those who got stuck whilst away when quarantine regs were bought in knew the risk before going. It was pathetic hearing some affected bleeting on national news.

In Seotember I spoke to a lady returning to USA who had been stuck (at her expense) in the UK since February. She'd only come for 10 days. US borders are still closed to non citizens."

I thought entry into the US was only suspended in March.

Semantics don't matter to those of us that use common sense, we known what's the right thing to do and what's taking the piss."

That’s what I thought too. About many intelligent friends. Yet Facebook shows plenty of people from Tier 3 areas popping up in other areas ... their reasoning being “it’s advisory”, “we’re being careful” etc.

St Austell

"That’s what I thought too. About many intelligent friends. Yet Facebook shows plenty of people from Tier 3 areas popping up in other areas ... their reasoning being “it’s advisory”, “we’re being careful” etc.

"

The same kind of logic employed by someone from South Yorks who was being denied a booking for a week's stay from Friday evening...

....their argument was that as Tier 3 restrictions for their area wouldn't come into effect until midnight and they'd arrive before then, the new rules wouldn't apply to them...

"That’s what I thought too. About many intelligent friends. Yet Facebook shows plenty of people from Tier 3 areas popping up in other areas ... their reasoning being “it’s advisory”, “we’re being careful” etc.

The same kind of logic employed by someone from South Yorks who was being denied a booking for a week's stay from Friday evening...

....their argument was that as Tier 3 restrictions for their area wouldn't come into effect until midnight and they'd arrive before then, the new rules wouldn't apply to them... "

I suppose I’m a bit surprised places haven’t been cancelling bookings.

Just had another one pop up - travelled from a NW hotspot to Devon for a weeks holiday. With a combined family group - related but live in different houses - of seven.

tier 3 is nowhere near a stay at home like Wales or even the local lockdown .. its just trying to stop people partying and getting pissed. if they were really serious they'd have shut the resteraunts like they did in Bolton for weeks... had a brilliant Indian last weekend tho so glad they're open

» Add a new message to this topic