FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Covid testing

Covid testing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *luebell888 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

So today i had my weekly covid test done although myself and my 32 workmates are still waiting on last Wednesdays results. The whole testing system is a shambles. I have said this before.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Have a word with nicola.

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman  over a year ago

somewhere along the fylde

"So today i had my weekly covid test done although myself and my 32 workmates are still waiting on last Wednesdays results. The whole testing system is a shambles. I have said this before."

A week for the results seems a bit long Is it normally that way?

Glasgow

No. But lately been waiting 5 to 6 days. This is the longest yet. At the start we waited only 2days

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Hopefully in a couple of months the new 15 minute test will be widely available and do away with all these delays.

"No. But lately been waiting 5 to 6 days. This is the longest yet. At the start we waited only 2days"

So someone could be walking around with it for a week before they find out, by which point they could have passed it on to however many.

By *avana8817Man  over a year ago

Consett

I have had 3 test. Only ever received one result! My last test was the 13th. Last Tuesday, still waiting for my result, which lets face it, if it ain’t here now...it won’t come at all.

Absolute joke.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

took less than 24 hours for my neg result

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"No. But lately been waiting 5 to 6 days. This is the longest yet. At the start we waited only 2days

So someone could be walking around with it for a week before they find out, by which point they could have passed it on to however many. "

If you have symptoms and that’s why you’ve had the test, you shouldn’t be walking around anywhere and be isolating.

Those that obviously have them weekly as part of their job it is different

"No. But lately been waiting 5 to 6 days. This is the longest yet. At the start we waited only 2days

So someone could be walking around with it for a week before they find out, by which point they could have passed it on to however many.

If you have symptoms and that’s why you’ve had the test, you shouldn’t be walking around anywhere and be isolating.

Those that obviously have them weekly as part of their job it is different "

Yes obviously you wouldn't be walking around with symptoms, apparently you can have it still with no symptoms, which is what I meant. Sorry it wasn't very clear

By *uzie69xTV/TS  over a year ago

Maidstone

Never mind the logistics of it all...

If you live in the NE, NW or York's & Humber... Stay at home and if you can't, just be super super careful...

For the rest of the country (eg scary clusters in London)... Start buttoning down the hatches...

93% are false positives so why bother having one, the results are meaningless.

tested weekly and all my staff are too over 300 and every time the result is back within 48hrs so could it sounds like a local issue

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Those that obviously have them weekly as part of their job it is different

Yes obviously you wouldn't be walking around with symptoms, apparently you can have it still with no symptoms, which is what I meant. Sorry it wasn't very clear "

That’s the bit I find worrying the asymptomatics, as you have no idea you have it and wouldn’t get a test therefore.

"tested weekly and all my staff are too over 300 and every time the result is back within 48hrs so could it sounds like a local issue "

"93% are false positives so why bother having one, the results are meaningless. "

Can I get a source for these facts please.

So someone could be walking around with it for a week before they find out, by which point they could have passed it on to however many. "

But if they have been for a test does it not mean they have symptoms so therefore should be self isolating

"93% are false positives so why bother having one, the results are meaningless. "

thats rubbish .. the false positive is around 30% (still too high) we've had 2 out of 300 staff in the last 3 months so thats way less than 30% for us

Had a result within 48hrs, it did say if it's been 5 days to contact them.

Where did you get that information from?

But if they have been for a test does it not mean they have symptoms so therefore should be self isolating"

No. Carehome staff, hospital staff for example, they have testing regularly they don't have to have any symptoms to be tested

Glasgow

Yes. And this is a major concern.

Yes. And this is a major concern.

"

They say no news is good news, I suppose if anyone had a positive one they would find out quite early on rather than a week down the line? I would hope so anyway

Ive had three tests and each time they said I would only be sent the result if it was positive..

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I actually wonder how they can tell the difference of mild symptoms from covid and the flu, a cough doesnt mean you have or have had covid, the checklist is almost the same.

Glasgow

"Ive had three tests and each time they said I would only be sent the result if it was positive.."

Ww get sent emails direct to us with our results. And we are still waiting. That has been 10 full days now.

A complete mess,9 months of a shambles.

Its a joke i been ill 3 times since lock down 1st time in april in the peak so went for a test took less than 2 mins to book it and was in 30 mins later n just down the road

Was inconclusive so had another again took minutes to book again just down the road and 2 days later neg test

Then was ill in september went to book a test took 4 days to book and had to drive 25 miles to get it then got result 2 more days later when i was well if awt its got worse clearly the zoo is being run by the monkeys

Sooner the north brakes from london the better i choose you president burnham unofficial king in the north

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

"So today i had my weekly covid test done although myself and my 32 workmates are still waiting on last Wednesdays results. The whole testing system is a shambles. I have said this before."

It is a shambles, takes 5 days to get test results back.

[Removed by poster at 28/10/20 08:41:39]

For all people say how shite testing is here in the UK something I thought fairly remarkable is that the UK is near the top when it comes to tests per million population. At 477K it beats the US, Russia, and Belgium and is only exceeded by very small countries like UAE, Singapore and Luxembourg. So maybe it is more world beating than we give it credit for. Good job boots are not doing it all as it would be costing £ 57 Million/day. Makes you wonder doesn't it.

Glasgow

"For all people say how shite testing is here in the UK something I thought fairly remarkable is that the UK is near the top when it comes to tests per million population. At 477K it beats the US, Russia, and Belgium and is only exceeded by very small countries like UAE, Singapore and Luxembourg. So maybe it is more world beating than we give it credit for. Good job boots are not doing it all as it would be costing £ 57 Million/day. Makes you wonder doesn't it."

Well 2weeks on and i still do not have the results. Apparently 3,000 got sent down south by accident and now lost.

My experience with testing and results has been good, always had then by text within 72hrs but like this shows it isn't like this for everyone

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"Never mind the logistics of it all...

If you live in the NE, NW or York's & Humber... Stay at home and if you can't, just be super super careful...

For the rest of the country (eg scary clusters in London)... Start buttoning down the hatches..."

This certainly seems the case.

By *ardiffCoupleNJCouple  over a year ago

Pontypridd/Rhyfelin

Yeah and it's all just a conspiracy to control us all...

Are you being serious?

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"93% are false positives so why bother having one, the results are meaningless.

Yeah and it's all just a conspiracy to control us all...

Are you being serious? "

No it was complete, utter, sheer, total bullshit.

They posted it and left embarrassed.

By *linyMan  over a year ago

Manchester/London

[Removed by poster at 29/10/20 11:41:24]

By *linyMan  over a year ago

Manchester/London

Was that for signs of intelligence?

» Add a new message to this topic