FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Fear the flu it will kill us all

Fear the flu it will kill us all

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Or thats effectivley what the radio flu jab advert just amounted to

Why are they trying to stoke up so much fear i just put the radio on it was saying how deadly a disease the flu is basicly saying get the jab or you will die kind of sense to it wtf is going on yes theres a deadly virus yes i get they want more to protect agains flu to save beds but come on is this the way they think people will do as told no wonder the North is fucked you try scare yorkshire folks we get defensive rebel then go on the offensive and say fuck right off thats the northern mentality they have no idea

Its like tgat muppet with dont kill your gran to get kids to not go the pub have none of them had teens

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Because they are trying to prevent as many flu complications as they can, if you end up in hospital you may catch sars-cov-2 as well

By *candiumWoman  over a year ago

oban

Apparently I've been entitled to a free flu vaccine for years, my GP has never bothered to tell me let alone invite me.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

So Notherners inherently avoid medical advice to help save their lives??

"Or thats effectivley what the radio flu jab advert just amounted to

Why are they trying to stoke up so much fear i just put the radio on it was saying how deadly a disease the flu is basicly saying get the jab or you will die kind of sense to it wtf is going on yes theres a deadly virus yes i get they want more to protect agains flu to save beds but come on is this the way they think people will do as told no wonder the North is fucked you try scare yorkshire folks we get defensive rebel then go on the offensive and say fuck right off thats the northern mentality they have no idea

Its like tgat muppet with dont kill your gran to get kids to not go the pub have none of them had teens"

Or alternatively you could just behave like a grown up and stop pretending there is some kind of regional machismo that prevents you from getting an injection.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

The best thing is to turn of the news cos they like to exaggerate abit there

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

Potentially it could kill people especially people like me who are on immune suppressing tablets and a good dose of the flu could be potentially fatal for me and others who have underlying health issues

By *otSoNewAnymoreMan  over a year ago

North East

I happen to live in 'the north' just now. The area is a long way from being idiot free!

North East

"Potentially it could kill people especially people like me who are on immune suppressing tablets and a good dose of the flu could be potentially fatal for me and others who have underlying health issues "

take care and stay safe

North East

Its like tgat muppet with dont kill your gran to get kids to not go the pub have none of them had teens

Or alternatively you could just behave like a grown up and stop pretending there is some kind of regional machismo that prevents you from getting an injection."

spot on!

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

"Potentially it could kill people especially people like me who are on immune suppressing tablets and a good dose of the flu could be potentially fatal for me and others who have underlying health issues

take care and stay safe "

thanks

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

They're trying to get all the flu shots done as quickly as possible so the staff will be freed up for the Covid vaccine coming soon.

Watch this space as they say.

By *tephanjMan  over a year ago

Kettering

I have had my flu jab this is the first time I have had it. There are idiots all over the country that don't want to abide by the rules, a good majority of them are under 35 but not all. I am following all the rules even though they were too late or not enough,I'm a member of the older generation in fact as if Monday I'm an OAP. So I'm more at risk just follow the rules even though most are crap and we will all get through this

By *havennaturistsCouple  over a year ago

Banff

Following all the rules does not equate to using common sense. You only have to look at people piling into pubs ( legally), just before they are locked down, is that sensible? Honestly?

By *tephanjMan  over a year ago

Kettering

I did mention most of the rules are crap, but agree common sense goes a long way seems lot don't have any

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

The one virus any governments fear more than sars, mers or covid is Flu as it is so unprodictable.

To clarify, a flu jab will not guarantee you will survive flu, it does not stop you getting it, it just means your potential survival rate is higher and you'll have a better chance of being kept alive with treatment.

Flu is bloody dangerous, and has been proven in the past, those most susceptible can change, 1919 was older generations, 1967/68 younger generations, both occasions killed more than covid has done to date.

By *havennaturistsCouple  over a year ago

Banff

The blessing of the internet is that we can now all panic much easier about what is happening outside our own circle!

"Because they are trying to prevent as many flu complications as they can, if you end up in hospital you may catch sars-cov-2 as well"
so just say get your jab not get your jab cos flu will kill you scared people are unpredictable when this nightmare began we did things to help people because we were asked not out of fear but cos it was right to do it the last few months tho seem about stoking fear

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I've not heard what Op had, so I'm assuming that it was the NHS push to get high levels of flu vaccine take up this year.

As flu and covid-19 will both increase in potential prevalence this winter, the easiest of the 2 to minimise is flu, via vaccines.

If flu infections soar, whilst covid-19 does too, the NHS will be overloaded, affecting treatment quality and levels for all health conditions.

Flu vaccines are cheap and have accepted levels of effectiveness. Reaching herd immunity levels is possible too. If not eligible for a free NHS vaccine, they cost about £10, which a fair few people will afford, especially as it could help to safeguard their income, should they get sick.

Some ads work on grabbing attention and some people are motivated by reducing their level of risk. They may be different to you but if we achieve low flu levels this year, we will suppress suffering

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Its like tgat muppet with dont kill your gran to get kids to not go the pub have none of them had teens"

'Basically saying...' ...so not saying then...

Perhaps if there weren't so many idiots posting stupid crap all over the place, the NHS wouldn't need to advertise.

By *ussymufferMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

How many people end up in hospital after the flu jab with side effects that the doctors don't tell you about

I think the North is fucked up because there's so many idiots nothing to do with rebelling. I live in Hartlepool and sad to say its the 16 to 30 who dnt give a shit. So let them all get on with it and spread it amongst themselves then maybe us older ones can enjoy the rest of our lives. Because north or south most of us are sensible and I speak from both as I lived in the South 40 yes. Northern people are not exempt or special we are all vulnerable. Educate your teens muppet

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Having experienced flu I can say anyone unfortunate to get flu and Covid at the same time will be in deep shit!

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

"Because they are trying to prevent as many flu complications as they can, if you end up in hospital you may catch sars-cov-2 as wellso just say get your jab not get your jab cos flu will kill you scared people are unpredictable when this nightmare began we did things to help people because we were asked not out of fear but cos it was right to do it the last few months tho seem about stoking fear"

Or encourage people to get a flu jab lol

It's as simple as that .

"Because they are trying to prevent as many flu complications as they can, if you end up in hospital you may catch sars-cov-2 as wellso just say get your jab not get your jab cos flu will kill you scared people are unpredictable when this nightmare began we did things to help people because we were asked not out of fear but cos it was right to do it the last few months tho seem about stoking fear

Or encourage people to get a flu jab lol

It's as simple as that . "

with fear

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

"How many people end up in hospital after the flu jab with side effects that the doctors don't tell you about "

Apparantly the make up of the flu vaccines varies from year to year so it is difficult to project what if any the side effects will be., this years jab will be my 15th and am happy to say I have never encountered any side effects.

» Add a new message to this topic