FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Dilemma

Dilemma

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Being the sensible intelligent person I am, I thought I would seek the opinion from all you fabbers

So my ex (therefore also my son) are in a high alert level, TIER 2 area. I am in TIER 1.

I had planned to take my boy up to my mums place in Lincolnshire next weekend, she is also in TIER 1.

So would appreciate any thoughts of what you lot would do? Would you cancel next weekends trip to see family if your child was technically from TIER 2? Or would you still go?

Answers can be as simple or detailed as you like. Thank you.

Shaun x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heshire-cat74Woman  over a year ago

Stoke on Trent

I'm in tier 2 and households can't mix so I would say cancel sorry

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Children in shared custody situations are allowed to carry on as normal when it comes to seeing parents.

I would say I don't think it's outside of the guidelines But I guess it depends what you think the risk level is. If hes had quite a lot of contact with other people all though in T2 area he shouldn't have And you don't consider your mum to be high risk then I say continue with your plans.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Common sense and a personal risk assessment based in your individual circumstances.

It's a tricky one.

He only recently started school so has mixed plenty with other kids.

My mum is healthy but she is over 60.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"It's a tricky one.

My mum is healthy but she is over 60. "

Consider things like

Have there been any infections at his school

Have any of his friends tested positive in the last month

Etc etc

"It's a tricky one.

My mum is healthy but she is over 60. "

In that case I would say it's possibly best to cancel. Like you said its tricky. He can travel from a tier 2 area to tier 1 To stay with you because obviously you are his parent.

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman  over a year ago

somewhere along the fylde

I'm in tier 3, I think my kids dad is tier 2 (Midlands, please correct if I'm wrong) my boys will be going to stay with him & his family like they usually would regardless of what tiers we are in.

Do what you feel is best for you & yours. Obviously everyone makes their own risk assessment etc

Yeah I have no problem bringing him to mine. I would do that regardless of what Tier he was in, it's just mixing him with other households other than mine such as his grannys that makes me feel unsure. We also had planned a small play date with a couple of old friends and their kids too

By *urflrCouple  over a year ago

wirral

Assuming your sons half term is the same as ours locally, then he will have been away from school for a good week by the time of your planned trip...if you feel he (and his household) haven’t been exposed then you could risk it, but it is a risk all the same as he could have it without showing symptoms. Possibly go but stay in a hotel to minimise the risk to your mum, and wear face masks etc when with her

"Assuming your sons half term is the same as ours locally, then he will have been away from school for a good week by the time of your planned trip...if you feel he (and his household) haven’t been exposed then you could risk it, but it is a risk all the same as he could have it without showing symptoms. Possibly go but stay in a hotel to minimise the risk to your mum, and wear face masks etc when with her"

That is very true. I forgot about half term to be honest so didn't even consider that fact. Definitely reduces the risk I would say

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

"Being the sensible intelligent person I am, I thought I would seek the opinion from all you fabbers

So my ex (therefore also my son) are in a high alert level, TIER 2 area. I am in TIER 1.

I had planned to take my boy up to my mums place in Lincolnshire next weekend, she is also in TIER 1.

So would appreciate any thoughts of what you lot would do? Would you cancel next weekends trip to see family if your child was technically from TIER 2? Or would you still go?

Shaun x

"

I would say that under human rights laws the government cannot deny you the right to a family life so it is up to you and your relatives to assess the risk. If one of you is more vulnerable then that would need to be taken into account.

"Being the sensible intelligent person I am, I thought I would seek the opinion from all you fabbers

Shaun x

I would say that under human rights laws the government cannot deny you the right to a family life so it is up to you and your relatives to assess the risk. If one of you is more vulnerable then that would need to be taken into account."

Public health trumps individual rights under UK law. Especially when it is only a temporary restriction in movement to prevent a known contagious disease.

With the Tier system across multiple households in different Tiers, the best way to look at it is to take the highest Tier a party is in and apply it across the whole situation. Currently you would be able to see them if there are not more than 6 of them and you can meet outside. You are not legally allowed to meet them in any indoor setting or stay with them unless they are in your support bubble. From what you describe, this would not be the case as it already involves multiple households. Personally, I would say skip it unless you can just do an outside day trip.

Thanks for all the advice and your thoughts. Really appreciate it.

Definitely leaning more towards just skipping it for now.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Shaun x

"

No go ahead but keep distance etc

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'd potentially want a period of isolation from others, before possible infection of others. Definitely if there are any contacts that are known to have been infected.

If there are alternatives to physical contact, that may be of help.

Worst case scenario you take your son to see your parents and a week later your parents have Covid.

Would you still take him to see them if you could turn back time?

You can’t turn back time, so assume the worst is possible.

While the regs may say it’s ok for you to see your son in a tier 2 area, I don’t think the same applies with your son seeing his grand parents.

"Worst case scenario you take your son to see your parents and a week later your parents have Covid.

Would you still take him to see them if you could turn back time?

You can’t turn back time, so assume the worst is possible.

While the regs may say it’s ok for you to see your son in a tier 2 area, I don’t think the same applies with your son seeing his grand parents."

That's a good way of thinking about it.

By *ookMan  over a year ago

london

A school mum posted that she and four colleagues had been infected by one workmate who decided to visit friends at a university...this mum ( showing no symptoms) then infected her family and her daughter who’s in my child’s class which meant the whole class and teacher off...and that included my son and his older brother...lots of people’s lives affected due to one person visiting ‘friends’ not even family!!!

» Add a new message to this topic