FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Boomer remover

Boomer remover

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ebjonnson OP   Man  over a year ago

Maldon

That’s how kids refer to the COVID virus.

I do so love the British sense of humour.

Hang on, think I’m just in the Boomer age group myself- cheeky little fuckers!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman  over a year ago

somewhere along the fylde

I've not heard this, funny tho

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's not really looking boomers in big numbers though, it's technically the silent generation born before the war who's the brunt of the numbers.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"That’s how kids refer to the COVID virus.

Hang on, think I’m just in the Boomer age group myself- cheeky little fuckers! "

yeah you do have to laugh.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Wonder if they'd see the fuuny side of it if it was mostly them in the firing line and it was dubbed 'teenie cleanie..'

Maldon

"It's not really looking boomers in big numbers though, it's technically the silent generation born before the war who's the brunt of the numbers."
technically correct but let’s not allow facts to get in the way

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Wonder if they'd see the fuuny side of it if it was mostly them in the firing line and it was dubbed 'teenie cleanie..' "

Brat splat..

Cheeky little sods..

I don't think this is funny. This is people's parents and grandparents. I do understand that humour has to be found sometimes, How however this is a horrific virus that kills people in an horrific way it's not funny.

By *ikesEmBigMan  over a year ago

Herts

I thought this thread was about the tall daft one in Wentworth

near ipswich

"I don't think this is funny. This is people's parents and grandparents. I do understand that humour has to be found sometimes, How however this is a horrific virus that kills people in an horrific way it's not funny. "
well of course the virus is not funny but you do need to keep a sense of humour.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Hang on, think I’m just in the Boomer age group myself- cheeky little fuckers! "

Yeah I heard this one . According to lots of younger people we're the cause of all their problems so we're doing them a favour really

"I don't think this is funny. This is people's parents and grandparents. I do understand that humour has to be found sometimes, How however this is a horrific virus that kills people in an horrific way it's not funny. well of course the virus is not funny but you do need to keep a sense of humour."

I'm sorry but I will not find humour Or think it It's funny or appropriate to make light out of people's deaths. It's a disgusting attitude and part of the reason why this virus is spreading because people aren't taking it seriously.

"I don't think this is funny. This is people's parents and grandparents. I do understand that humour has to be found sometimes, How however this is a horrific virus that kills people in an horrific way it's not funny. well of course the virus is not funny but you do need to keep a sense of humour."

I think it definitely comes under the category of graveyard humour.

"I don't think this is funny. This is people's parents and grandparents. I do understand that humour has to be found sometimes, How however this is a horrific virus that kills people in an horrific way it's not funny. well of course the virus is not funny but you do need to keep a sense of humour.

I think it definitely comes under the category of graveyard humour."

I just find it really offensive We've lost people to this virus and love people who have lost parents. I would say was graveyard Humour if it wasn't for the fact the very people that have this attitude are the very people that are probably are helping to spread the virus by not sticking to the rules.

"I don't think this is funny. This is people's parents and grandparents. I do understand that humour has to be found sometimes, How however this is a horrific virus that kills people in an horrific way it's not funny. well of course the virus is not funny but you do need to keep a sense of humour.

I just find it really offensive We've lost people to this virus and love people who have lost parents. I would say was graveyard Humour if it wasn't for the fact the very people that have this attitude are the very people that are probably are helping to spread the virus by not sticking to the rules. "

In some ways I would tend to agree...but I've seen some of the posters on this thread making a joke. And they are the posters who like myself take this very seriously. It's just letting of a little steam in a way

Humour in any form Is a way to some of hiding their fear towards what they are fearful of. It shows its light in many occupations. Its a way of dealing with horror. Triage. Death etc etc. People who laugh and joke should not mean what they are saying because that would be offensive perhaps and upsetting to some, but a way of dealing with something they are fearful of in the hear and now.

near ipswich

I just find it really offensive We've lost people to this virus and love people who have lost parents. I would say was graveyard Humour if it wasn't for the fact the very people that have this attitude are the very people that are probably are helping to spread the virus by not sticking to the rules.

In some ways I would tend to agree...but I've seen some of the posters on this thread making a joke. And they are the posters who like myself take this very seriously. It's just letting of a little steam in a way "

Just because you find it funny does not mean you dont take it serious,if one of my kids or grankids had said it to me i would have laughed.

in Lancashire

I just find it really offensive We've lost people to this virus and love people who have lost parents. I would say was graveyard Humour if it wasn't for the fact the very people that have this attitude are the very people that are probably are helping to spread the virus by not sticking to the rules. "

Sorry I don't see the correlation that people on here who can recognise that some will put labels on even something as bad as this are not sticking to the rules..

Its clearly not to your taste and tbh finding humour in a general sense is not the same as individuals laughing as a funeral cortege passes.

I think in some ways people will go two ways with this, be overwhelmed or find humour in even the darkest times which might for them be part of getting through it..

Such humour in dark times is a common occurrence for anyone who works in many of the services who deal with the bad things in every day life let alone such times as this, it doesn't mean they don't care or are less than professional in what they do..

near ipswich

Sorry I don't see the correlation that people on here who can recognise that some will put labels on even something as bad as this are not sticking to the rules..

Its clearly not to your taste and tbh finding humour in a general sense is not the same as individuals laughing as a funeral cortege passes.

I think in some ways people will go two ways with this, be overwhelmed or find humour in even the darkest times which might for them be part of getting through it..

Such humour in dark times is a common occurrence for anyone who works in many of the services who deal with the bad things in every day life let alone such times as this, it doesn't mean they don't care or are less than professional in what they do.."

very well put.

By *igh wide and handsomeMan  over a year ago

Dagenham

I'm sorry but I will not find humour Or think it It's funny or appropriate to make light out of people's deaths. It's a disgusting attitude and part of the reason why this virus is spreading because people aren't taking it seriously. "

The virus is spreading cos people's sense of humour??

I'm sorry but I will not find humour Or think it It's funny or appropriate to make light out of people's deaths. It's a disgusting attitude and part of the reason why this virus is spreading because people aren't taking it seriously.

The virus is spreading cos people's sense of humour?? "

Leave it there eh...no need to go in attack mode.

I work with the elderly and this kind of humour is right up my street. Love morbid humour. Probably comes with the job

I don't think it's very funny....

Signed

V Mildrew.

Such humour in dark times is a common occurrence for anyone who works in many of the services who deal with the bad things in every day life let alone such times as this, it doesn't mean they don't care or are less than professional in what they do.."

By *oriarty99Man  over a year ago

London

"I don't think this is funny. This is people's parents and grandparents. I do understand that humour has to be found sometimes, How however this is a horrific virus that kills people in an horrific way it's not funny. "

People even laughed and joked through two major world wars, would ya believe it?

I do understand that I just don't have a dark sense of humour and Tend to take things literally. I do get that some might find it funny I just don't and I feel like it's making light of something that's really serious. I get that's how some people handle horrible situations is just not something I understand.

"I don't think this is funny. This is people's parents and grandparents. I do understand that humour has to be found sometimes, How however this is a horrific virus that kills people in an horrific way it's not funny.

People even laughed and joked through two major world wars, would ya believe it?"

I don't need to be mocked I just gave my opinion.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"I don't think it's very funny....

Signed

V Mildrew."

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Humour in any form Is a way to some of hiding their fear towards what they are fearful of. It shows its light in many occupations. Its a way of dealing with horror. Triage. Death etc etc. People who laugh and joke should not mean what they are saying because that would be offensive perhaps and upsetting to some, but a way of dealing with something they are fearful of in the hear and now. "

V true.

"I don't think this is funny. This is people's parents and grandparents. I do understand that humour has to be found sometimes, How however this is a horrific virus that kills people in an horrific way it's not funny.

People even laughed and joked through two major world wars, would ya believe it?

I don't need to be mocked I just gave my opinion."

Actually you accused those who find humour in the situation as being responsible for the spread.

Which is nonsense in my opinion.

Actually you accused those who find humour in the situation as being responsible for the spread.

Which is nonsense in my opinion."

I didn't accuse anybody of anything I made a suggestion which I am allowed to do I have given my reasons I will not be mocked.

Maldon

Such humour in dark times is a common occurrence for anyone who works in many of the services who deal with the bad things in every day life let alone such times as this, it doesn't mean they don't care or are less than professional in what they do..

I do understand that I just don't have a dark sense of humour and Tend to take things literally. I do get that some might find it funny I just don't and I feel like it's making light of something that's really serious. I get that's how some people handle horrible situations is just not something I understand."

And that’s fair enough. We’re all different.

Maldon

I didn't accuse anybody of anything I made a suggestion which I am allowed to do I have given my reasons I will not be mocked. "

Who’s mocking?

I didn't accuse anybody of anything I made a suggestion which I am allowed to do I have given my reasons I will not be mocked.

Who’s mocking?"

I think it's fairly obvious.

I don't need to be mocked I just gave my opinion."

You're not allowed opinions on here without being mocked or lynched lately the whole covid situation is far from funny but sometimes you have to laugh or you will cry

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

People on here slagging kids humour off as poor taste is funny in itself. Makes you wander how wonderful each and everyone of them were as kids themselves. Probably never watched a comedian, as all comics take the piss out of something thatll upset someone. Lighten up folks, its kids.

You're not allowed opinions on here without being mocked or lynched lately the whole covid situation is far from funny but sometimes you have to laugh or you will cry "

Thank you and I do understand that I just gave my reasons as to why I don't find it funny. I haven't said that nobody else should I just don't understand that kind of humour.

Because we have lost people to this it just feels really personal. I guess it's just still a bit raw.

in Lancashire

I do understand that I just don't have a dark sense of humour and Tend to take things literally. I do get that some might find it funny I just don't and I feel like it's making light of something that's really serious. I get that's how some people handle horrible situations is just not something I understand."

Can respect your point of view, we all see some things differently and that's fine..

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

The poster who has an issue with the humour struggles to comprehend it. It’s not about being miserable people chill out.

I love a bit of gallows humour it’s essential sometimes in my work.

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"The poster who has an issue with the humour struggles to comprehend it. It’s not about being miserable people chill out.

"

What are you a fucking hangman.....boom !

Hang on, think I’m just in the Boomer age group myself- cheeky little fuckers!

Yeah I heard this one . According to lots of younger people we're the cause of all their problems so we're doing them a favour really "

What most of them don't realise is the mess this Pandemic is causing economically and socially and it is them who is going to bear that brunt.

So in a way

near ipswich

"The poster who has an issue with the humour struggles to comprehend it. It’s not about being miserable people chill out.

What are you a fucking hangman.....boom ! "

excellent.

By *ncutgemMan  over a year ago

Bath ish

These ingrates want to watch themselves the might come a time for the revenge of the Boomers

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Where's jasper carrot when you need him

Covid cock block

I was cracking jokes in my mums funeral. She’d have loved it, I was absolutely grief stricken but is a way to lighten a heavy load. Form of distraction and release.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

What are you a fucking hangman.....boom ! "

"I was cracking jokes in my mums funeral. She’d have loved it, I was absolutely grief stricken but is a way to lighten a heavy load. Form of distraction and release. "

I'm sure my dad was at his funeral pulling pranks on us, with the vicar talking about his siblings including his "sister Michael" (Michelle)

come on blaming the young no there the very people stacking shelves working in factories and hospitals like the student who volunteered to help out hospitals in there time of need if anyone they have a right to find humour in a situation where the world has been turned upside down and had the fun drained from it in the name of propping up a nation blaming people for getting sick and spreading illness is wrong did people blame people in the 80s for getting sick and dying of aids no they funded the life out of it bombarded tv with education just like now and yes i say that as someone directly effected by it my best oldest friend since nursery died of it blame is not the way the way people get sick hell schools are covid secure yet 4 days after they went back i was hit with a cold i hate that people are blaming the young when generally there working in the most dangerous conditions

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

Men going over the top in WW1 were known to crack jokes right up until they put a foot on the first rung of the ladder.

It's how different people deal with different circumstance. Despite having one in the firing line as it were I still find it quite ironic that if this whole planet ceased to exist in 1 minute then to the Universe it would be as important as one cell dying in your body, probably less important tbh.

Yet here we are a few of the 7.4 billion on the planet talking nay arguing like it was all so blooming important..

Perspective is such a funny thing really & everyone's is different.

S

"I was cracking jokes in my mums funeral. She’d have loved it, I was absolutely grief stricken but is a way to lighten a heavy load. Form of distraction and release.

I'm sure my dad was at his funeral pulling pranks on us, with the vicar talking about his siblings including his "sister Michael" (Michelle) "

Hahha dark humour is the best xx

I just find it really offensive We've lost people to this virus and love people who have lost parents. I would say was graveyard Humour if it wasn't for the fact the very people that have this attitude are the very people that are probably are helping to spread the virus by not sticking to the rules. come on blaming the young no there the very people stacking shelves working in factories and hospitals like the student who volunteered to help out hospitals in there time of need if anyone they have a right to find humour in a situation where the world has been turned upside down and had the fun drained from it in the name of propping up a nation blaming people for getting sick and spreading illness is wrong did people blame people in the 80s for getting sick and dying of aids no they funded the life out of it bombarded tv with education just like now and yes i say that as someone directly effected by it my best oldest friend since nursery died of it blame is not the way the way people get sick hell schools are covid secure yet 4 days after they went back i was hit with a cold i hate that people are blaming the young when generally there working in the most dangerous conditions"

I think you need to read what I wrote again at no point have I put an age limit on this and I did not suggest it was young people.

I just find it really offensive We've lost people to this virus and love people who have lost parents. I would say was graveyard Humour if it wasn't for the fact the very people that have this attitude are the very people that are probably are helping to spread the virus by not sticking to the rules. come on blaming the young no there the very people stacking shelves working in factories and hospitals like the student who volunteered to help out hospitals in there time of need if anyone they have a right to find humour in a situation where the world has been turned upside down and had the fun drained from it in the name of propping up a nation blaming people for getting sick and spreading illness is wrong did people blame people in the 80s for getting sick and dying of aids no they funded the life out of it bombarded tv with education just like now and yes i say that as someone directly effected by it my best oldest friend since nursery died of it blame is not the way the way people get sick hell schools are covid secure yet 4 days after they went back i was hit with a cold i hate that people are blaming the young when generally there working in the most dangerous conditions

I think you need to read what I wrote again at no point have I put an age limit on this and I did not suggest it was young people."

thats whats in the op its kids apparently behind this humour and you said its them spreading it

Just going by the op

[Removed by poster at 28/10/20 16:15:25]

I just find it really offensive We've lost people to this virus and love people who have lost parents. I would say was graveyard Humour if it wasn't for the fact the very people that have this attitude are the very people that are probably are helping to spread the virus by not sticking to the rules. come on blaming the young no there the very people stacking shelves working in factories and hospitals like the student who volunteered to help out hospitals in there time of need if anyone they have a right to find humour in a situation where the world has been turned upside down and had the fun drained from it in the name of propping up a nation blaming people for getting sick and spreading illness is wrong did people blame people in the 80s for getting sick and dying of aids no they funded the life out of it bombarded tv with education just like now and yes i say that as someone directly effected by it my best oldest friend since nursery died of it blame is not the way the way people get sick hell schools are covid secure yet 4 days after they went back i was hit with a cold i hate that people are blaming the young when generally there working in the most dangerous conditions

I think you need to read what I wrote again at no point have I put an age limit on this and I did not suggest it was young people.thats whats in the op its kids apparently behind this humour and you said its them spreading it

Just going by the op"

Then why quote my post because age wasn't mentioned.

And I said no such thing. I suggested that people are who not taking this seriously are possibly spreading it by not following the rules.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

I think you need to read what I wrote again at no point have I put an age limit on this and I did not suggest it was young people.thats whats in the op its kids apparently behind this humour and you said its them spreading it

Just going by the op

And I said no such thing. I suggested that people are who not taking this seriously are possibly spreading it by not following the rules.

"

I think the crossed wires has occurred as the OP said

"Kids" name for it

And you then comment upon those using the name who the main perpetrators were identified in the OP as kids

Just going by the op

I think the crossed wires has occurred as the OP said

"Kids" name for it

And you then comment upon those using the name who the main perpetrators were identified in the OP as kids "

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

"Wonder if they'd see the fuuny side of it if it was mostly them in the firing line and it was dubbed 'teenie cleanie..' "

You mean like with climate change?

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

i find anything that makes me laugh at the momment is all good wether that be a good joke or taking the piss out of the situation we find ourselves in at the momment.lifes depresding as fuck right now so anything that makes me grin im all for it. my nephew told me about the boomer remover a cpl of months ago.found it funny then and still find it funny.even my mum laughed at it and shes in her 70s

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

Nursery rhyme.. Ring a roses came from the plague.

It's not a new phenomenon. It's dark humour.

Not heard of this term. Funny though.

» Add a new message to this topic