FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Dying/living

Dying/living

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Are people so scared of dying that they're willing to give up living...??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"Are people so scared of dying that they're willing to give up living...?? "

It would appear most of the world are of that opinion, yesz hopefully temporarily.

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman  over a year ago

somewhere along the fylde

No but current rules & lockdowns mean a lot of us aren't living, just existing for the time being

By *oastGentMan  over a year ago

Tynemouth

I’m concerned enough for myself and members of my family that I’m willing to put certain aspects of my life on hold without getting pissy about it.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

It all depends on the individuals life surely?

There are millions of people still getting on with life albeit under the current restrictions we have..

For some getting wankered in the pub is the highlight of their day, others will go out bird watching..

I think the question is very subjective, not seeing grandkids as much as we might like and close family etc but knowing be they are safe to etc is good..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

To temporarily "not live" is to potentially save others. If you weren't to accept the limitations for a while, you would be so selfish by putting others at risk.

Whether you care about you or not is your choice; others need your care and caution regardless.

F x

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

[Removed by poster at 28/10/20 22:57:15]

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

I cannot speak for everyone, but my view is that whilst I am not scared of dying I am willing to put up with some inconvenience and some restrictions on my life on a temporary basis, so that I and anyone I hold dear or just come into contact with can live as long as possible.

I suspect that many of the restrictions will make little or no difference as a huge number of people are ignoring them anyway.

For me I am still working, still shopping, still going for a coffee; still going for a beer or two (all be it with some rules). I have elderly relatives i have not seen for months but we keep in contact by phone etc.

Life goes on, the things i am not doing .... holidays.. i can manage without, sex the lack of that is not going to kill me. Huge parties - not my scene anyway; Even during lockdown i had to work shop etc, my life differs little now to what it did before covid, and the differences i can manage -

So no i am not scared of dying, i just want to avoid it happening just yet !

in Lancashire

"No but current rules & lockdowns mean a lot of us aren't living, just existing for the time being "

True but what is that, roof over the head, good health food on the table etc, going to bed in relative safety..

Some of those are not part of the existence in many parts of the world..

On the whole in the west and the more developed countries we are if we have them pretty fortunate whilst accepting there are problems without covid in many places..

the wetlands

That went well then

My guess is almost every answer will be a cross between, people getting wankered in pubs blah blah blah and strangers having sex blah blah blah and if you weren't selfish and inconsiderate you'd just do as I tell you otherwise blah blah blah.

This whole argument is nonsensical and hinges on morality at best.

People are going to be people and with that you need to build policies that work with and around that to imagine you can somehow completely restructure civilization as we've know it for 2000 years in a few months is at best naive and at most downright silly.

"No but current rules & lockdowns mean a lot of us aren't living, just existing for the time being

True but what is that, roof over the head, good health food on the table etc, going to bed in relative safety..

On the whole in the west and the more developed countries we are if we have them pretty fortunate whilst accepting there are problems without covid in many places.."

I have a roof & my kids are fed & healthy, for those I am grateful & couldn't ask for more. Indeed many countries & families have a lot less & have difficulties harder than a lot of us could imagine.

I'm not scared of dying (well that's a bit of a lie I worry constantly what would happen to my kids if I did) but I wouldn't really say having been in lockdown for so long with very limited contact with others is really 'living' if that makes sense?

in Lancashire

"No but current rules & lockdowns mean a lot of us aren't living, just existing for the time being

On the whole in the west and the more developed countries we are if we have them pretty fortunate whilst accepting there are problems without covid in many places..

I have a roof & my kids are fed & healthy, for those I am grateful & couldn't ask for more. Indeed many countries & families have a lot less & have difficulties harder than a lot of us could imagine.

I'm not scared of dying (well that's a bit of a lie I worry constantly what would happen to my kids if I did) but I wouldn't really say having been in lockdown for so long with very limited contact with others is really 'living' if that makes sense? "

Can see where your coming from and yes I think it's very much an individual thing..

Some have said on here that they relished the full lock down as that suited their then current mental health or just because they liked the seclusion elements..

It's hard at times yes but again how we view this is perhaps linked to how we see things going ..

I'm not scared of dying (well that's a bit of a lie I worry constantly what would happen to my kids if I did) but I wouldn't really say having been in lockdown for so long with very limited contact with others is really 'living' if that makes sense?

Can see where your coming from and yes I think it's very much an individual thing..

Some have said on here that they relished the full lock down as that suited their then current mental health or just because they liked the seclusion elements..

It's hard at times yes but again how we view this is perhaps linked to how we see things going .. "

Mentally Ive probably already lost the plot if I ever had it to begin with lol

I don't mind the staying in away from folk for the most part, I can understand how it can get to others, especially those who suffer with MH. obviously little things like meeting with friends for a weekly lunch & shopping date is missed but no huge deal.

I honestly don't see things being much different for the next 6 months but we have to remain hopeful don't we?

Theres two sections of society.

Those middle class with jobs they can do from home living in relatively big houses with a garden who's jobs have YET to be touched by the Pandemic, those on pensions and benefits who's income has YET to be touched by the Pandemic, those who've lost parents and grandparents to a rampant virus and then there's the other larger majority, those who'll never lose parents or grandparents, don't have the luxury of a big house with a garden, they live on the third floor or have a terrace, they lost there job six months ago or been hanging on by a thread and about to go bankrupt and they've got not much chance of finding another and all they hear is your morally bankrupt, which is apt because they're going bankrupt and there both connected.

We're being run by halfwits who are robbing us blind, we've spent 240 thousand million pounds more this year and yet there's children going hungry.

Were closing pubs at ten and if you ever dare to go in one your a heartless granny killer who wants to shag strangers, same with those daring to want a week away in Spain, your a heartless twat!!!.

Despite you only causing 6% of infections, your a selfish bellend.

You want to shop for socks or teatowels? Heartless selfish uncaring...

Where's the majority of infections! Homes, work, schools and universities.

We can make big inroads into that and save large amounts of infections 30-50% but no... Wear a mask blah blah blah we can save 300 infections a week.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's all about the context, as most things usually are.

Many people don't do so much joined up thinking, so it's a mistake to think they do

Only way i can justify it in my head for each day i suffer i just saved a old persons life so karmas gonna owe us a shitload of goodies after its done

By *B1974Woman  over a year ago

Stanley

"Theres two sections of society.

Those middle class with jobs they can do from home living in relatively big houses with a garden who's jobs have YET to be touched by the Pandemic, those on pensions and benefits who's income has YET to be touched by the Pandemic, those who've lost parents and grandparents to a rampant virus and then there's the other larger majority, those who'll never lose parents or grandparents, don't have the luxury of a big house with a garden, they live on the third floor or have a terrace, they lost there job six months ago or been hanging on by a thread and about to go bankrupt and they've got not much chance of finding another and all they hear is your morally bankrupt, which is apt because they're going bankrupt and there both connected.

We're being run by halfwits who are robbing us blind, we've spent 240 thousand million pounds more this year and yet there's children going hungry.

Were closing pubs at ten and if you ever dare to go in one your a heartless granny killer who wants to shag strangers, same with those daring to want a week away in Spain, your a heartless twat!!!.

Despite you only causing 6% of infections, your a selfish bellend.

You want to shop for socks or teatowels? Heartless selfish uncaring...

Where's the majority of infections! Homes, work, schools and universities.

We can make big inroads into that and save large amounts of infections 30-50% but no... Wear a mask blah blah blah we can save 300 infections a week."

And then there's the people that have worked all the way through, no furlough for those deemed essential, the people who still have bills and are mostly low paid.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

To be fair you'd be pretty annoyed if you were reckless this year, caught it, passed it on to a few more close friends/family and you died plus some others. Then from above you looked down next year there's a vaccine that works and everyone is carrying on. You might have wished then you'd just hung in there for a year or so.

There is clearly a better balance to be struck between living and hiding if we can't get a grip of the virus. Its not practical or worth it long term. But maybe we should at least give the scientists a year or so to see if we can't reduce it to local epidemics, produce better treatments or even the holy grail an effective vaccine.

By *rufinWoman  over a year ago

notts

people appear willing to believe any old nonsense - vaccine by September - lockdown to eradicate it - so that probably makes it easier to live like this as they think it will make it go away. we seem to be veering into the age old 'sacrifice' bartering model - if we give up buying underwear for a month, our God will save us from Covid.

For me, no, this isn't living and i wouldn't choose this for myself or my kids. i can see why some of my friends feel differently. they live quiet lives in the country with tons of money, wfh on their large estate, kids are young so not at that 'party and meet girls/boys' stage. or the retired ones - nice pension coming in regardless of economic Armageddon (for now ...) and they never left the house anyway.

it's the older teens/young adults i feel most sorry for. they won't get to live to 82 (average age of death by covid) as we have totally fucked over our economy in less than a year. no welfare state and free medical care for life for them.

I have enjoyed an amazing life and survived a few serious RTA's and life threatening injuries whilst also traveling the world and working at "at risk" places.

I am contempt with my wife, what I have done, what i have seen and if I die tomorrow so be it

We all die, most of us just dont have the choice of when.

I will not be kept boxed in like a caged animal, that is worse than death to me

I need, and I will enjoy my freedom, and if that puts me at risk, so be it.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Maybe they are just scared that they will kill their loved ones, not everyone just thinks of themselves.

By *igh wide and handsomeMan  over a year ago

Dagenham

And these covidiots don't think about the poor polar bears there killing when they selfishly 'mingle' with friends!

"I have enjoyed an amazing life and survived a few serious RTA's and life threatening injuries whilst also traveling the world and working at "at risk" places.

I am contempt with my wife, what I have done, what i have seen and if I die tomorrow so be it

I need, and I will enjoy my freedom, and if that puts me at risk, so be it."

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Covid does not scare me and if i die from it then that is just the way it will be. I am trying to live as normal meanwhile but everything i want to do is not possible due to the lockdown rules and this i find very frustrating.

the wetlands

"I have enjoyed an amazing life and survived a few serious RTA's and life threatening injuries whilst also traveling the world and working at "at risk" places.

And that's what by we will probably have another complete lockdown.

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

We have a choice.

I dont fear death life in any way i fear nothing anymore

in Lancashire

It's hard at times yes but again how we view this is perhaps linked to how we see things going ..

Mentally Ive probably already lost the plot if I ever had it to begin with lol

I don't mind the staying in away from folk for the most part, I can understand how it can get to others, especially those who suffer with MH. obviously little things like meeting with friends for a weekly lunch & shopping date is missed but no huge deal.

I honestly don't see things being much different for the next 6 months but we have to remain hopeful don't we? "

The uncertainty in many things we go through in our lives is for many of us a source of much frustration and anxiety..

It literally is taking one day at a time with this, I'm not a scientific expert and the vast majority aren't on here either..

Entrenched ideas are common yes and as our input is fairly small with much outside of our control in relation to how this goes we might feel a bit helpless..

I don't think it helps at all when we look at how it's being handled, it's not very confidence inspiring

Literally is what it is but I'm confident we can get through it..

in Lancashire

Roadie, have you been watching Mel Gibson in brave heart..?

Respect that your also doing voluntary for the NHS where you live and even in the last full lockdown I reckon like myself you were out exercising etc ..

Hardly caged..

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

I’m not scared of dying it’s a natural part of life. However, I am a mum and my responsibility is to keep them healthy. If that means we have to adapt our life to do that, then so be it

Of course we miss our family and friends and the fun times we had, the freedom to travel where we liked, when we liked, however if we follow the simple rules in place then hopefully in a year or two we might just get those times back again.

It makes you appreciate the simple things in life a lot more.

the wetlands

"Get busy living, or get busy dying.

We have a choice. "

Because you can kill others you DONT have a choice any more than you could use the same reasoning to drive your car at 100mph in a pedestrian zone

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Also scared of long covid I believe we will beat covid so prepared to wait a bit to get my life back

"I’m not scared of dying it’s a natural part of life. However, I am a mum and my responsibility is to keep them healthy. If that means we have to adapt our life to do that, then so be it

Of course we miss our family and friends and the fun times we had, the freedom to travel where we liked, when we liked, however if we follow the simple rules in place then hopefully in a year or two we might just get those times back again.

It makes you appreciate the simple things in life a lot more. "

But what if this does not end... What if day to day restrictions get worse..??

"Are people so scared of dying that they're willing to give up living...?? Also scared of long covid I believe we will beat covid so prepared to wait a bit to get my life back"

But what if you don't get your life back?? What if this new norm never changes for the better??

What then??

the wetlands

"Are people so scared of dying that they're willing to give up living...?? Also scared of long covid I believe we will beat covid so prepared to wait a bit to get my life back

But what if you don't get your life back?? What if this new norm never changes for the better??

What then?? "

No more fucking with strangers I guess

"I’m not scared of dying it’s a natural part of life. However, I am a mum and my responsibility is to keep them healthy. If that means we have to adapt our life to do that, then so be it

But what if this does not end... What if day to day restrictions get worse..?? "

Sacrifice the oldies and those vulnerable people so everyone else can fuck around and get pissed in pubs. That's the answer right.

But what if this does not end... What if day to day restrictions get worse..??

Sacrifice the oldies and those vulnerable people so everyone else can fuck around and get pissed in pubs. That's the answer right. "

Again with the sarcasm.

"Are people so scared of dying that they're willing to give up living...?? Also scared of long covid I believe we will beat covid so prepared to wait a bit to get my life back

What then?? No more fucking with strangers I guess "

But seriously forget about fucking what do we do if this doesn't end

??

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

"To be fair you'd be pretty annoyed if you were reckless this year, caught it, passed it on to a few more close friends/family and you died plus some others. Then from above you looked down next year there's a vaccine that works and everyone is carrying on. You might have wished then you'd just hung in there for a year or so.

There is clearly a better balance to be struck between living and hiding if we can't get a grip of the virus. Its not practical or worth it long term. But maybe we should at least give the scientists a year or so to see if we can't reduce it to local epidemics, produce better treatments or even the holy grail an effective vaccine. "

And on the flip side, youd be pissed if you stuck to rules and regs, and got hit by a bus and looked down next year to realise all the drama queens were going way OTT and we had been lied to. Live life as YOU see fit. If you wana stay safe crack on, if you dont believe it and want to carry on as normal, also crack on. Stop bitching and do as you see is right

Tynemouth

"

And on the flip side, youd be pissed if you stuck to rules and regs, and got hit by a bus and looked down next year to realise all the drama queens were going way OTT and we had been lied to. Live life as YOU see fit. If you wana stay safe crack on, if you dont believe it and want to carry on as normal, also crack on. Stop bitching and do as you see is right"

Who is it that’s supposed to be telling lies??

If you want to carry on as normal, then do so in the knowledge that you’re putting other people at potentially fatal risk. Carrying on as normal right now is the most disgusting and selfish thing that anyone could choose to do.

"

And on the flip side, youd be pissed if you stuck to rules and regs, and got hit by a bus and looked down next year to realise all the drama queens were going way OTT and we had been lied to. Live life as YOU see fit. If you wana stay safe crack on, if you dont believe it and want to carry on as normal, also crack on. Stop bitching and do as you see is right

If you want to carry on as normal, then do so in the knowledge that you’re putting other people at potentially fatal risk. Carrying on as normal right now is the most disgusting and selfish thing that anyone could choose to do. "

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

But what if this does not end... What if day to day restrictions get worse..?? "

They are likely to get worse before it gets better, so don’t quite understand your point.

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

[Removed by poster at 29/10/20 13:13:53]

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

"

If you want to carry on as normal, then do so in the knowledge that you’re putting other people at potentially fatal risk. Carrying on as normal right now is the most disgusting and selfish thing that anyone could choose to do. "

Who said me, im just saying people in general

Tynemouth

"

Who said me, im just saying people in general"

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

It's not me I worry about. Its killing other people through my actions

Yiur lost is absurd and a bit selfish

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

It's not me I worry about. Its killing other people through my actions

Yiur lost is absurd and a bit selfish

in Lancashire

"To be fair you'd be pretty annoyed if you were reckless this year, caught it, passed it on to a few more close friends/family and you died plus some others. Then from above you looked down next year there's a vaccine that works and everyone is carrying on. You might have wished then you'd just hung in there for a year or so.

There is clearly a better balance to be struck between living and hiding if we can't get a grip of the virus. Its not practical or worth it long term. But maybe we should at least give the scientists a year or so to see if we can't reduce it to local epidemics, produce better treatments or even the holy grail an effective vaccine.

And on the flip side, youd be pissed if you stuck to rules and regs, and got hit by a bus and looked down next year to realise all the drama queens were going way OTT and we had been lied to. Live life as YOU see fit. If you wana stay safe crack on, if you dont believe it and want to carry on as normal, also crack on. Stop bitching and do as you see is right"

Even if what you think is right is clearly not..?

the wetlands

What then?? No more fucking with strangers I guess

But seriously forget about fucking what do we do if this doesn't end

?? "

I don't know about others, but we're having a whale of a time just like we always did bit we wash our hands and use loads of sanitizer,we socially distance and give others as much space as we can. We still have sex everyday and shake it up a bit by going different outdoor spots nd sexy walks in the forest.

Other than missing live music pretty much live as usual here.

Life is what you make of it, not a set of predefined parameters.

By *Xcite72Man  over a year ago

Chester

Hear hear

the wetlands

"Hear hear"

Careful, we might let you watch

By *igh wide and handsomeMan  over a year ago

Dagenham

"

Stop getting your knickers in a twist, let people live there life.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Don't find going to work every day helping those in poor health not living.

Call me old fashioned but a few months of slight inconvenience is no big deal.

Tynemouth

"

Stop getting your knickers in a twist, let people live there life."

The mantra of the Doylem.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Are people so desperate to live that they're willing to die for it?

"Are people so scared of dying that they're willing to give up living...??

Are people so desperate to live that they're willing to die for it?"

Yes i am..

Call me old fashioned but a few months of slight inconvenience is no big deal. "

Its not just a few months though is it? And what if these months dont end, and it keeps on going what then?

Tynemouth

"

Yes I am

Its not just a few months though is it? And what if these months dont end, and it keeps on going what then? "

Pretty clearly it’ll make no difference at all to people willing to risk their life, and the lives of family and others for the sake of their precious ‘normal’ lives.

the wetlands

Its not just a few months though is it? And what if these months dont end, and it keeps on going what then? "

The more people rebel the tighter than the restrictions get, self defeating really.

Tynemouth

Its not just a few months though is it? And what if these months dont end, and it keeps on going what then?

The more people rebel the tighter than the restrictions get, self defeating really."

This!!! So true! The people doing the most twisting about restrictions, and refusing to show any solidarity like huffy toddlers, are the very people ensuring this goes on as long as possible!!! That folks don’t realise that is mind boggling!

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

We have a choice.

Because you can kill others you DONT have a choice any more than you could use the same reasoning to drive your car at 100mph in a pedestrian zone"

LOL.

I’m choosing to live mine & there’s nothing you can do about it.

Point & splutter all you like.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

It's not even 12 months yet, if it goes on, deal with it.

Christ, planes aren't dropping bombs on us.

Inconvenience, a piece of paper over your mouth from time to time, wash your mitts a bit more, put a bit of distance between each other and eat some food with a beer.

the wetlands

We have a choice.

Because you can kill others you DONT have a choice any more than you could use the same reasoning to drive your car at 100mph in a pedestrian zone

LOL.

Point & splutter all you like. "

Amd I'll bet you wear your mask in the car when you drive round

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

"Covid does not scare me and if i die from it then that is just the way it will be. I am trying to live as normal meanwhile but everything i want to do is not possible due to the lockdown rules and this i find very frustrating."
same here

Are people so desperate to live that they're willing to die for it?

Yes i am.. "

What if you infect other people and they die or have long term serious health problems?

Where’s the mass suicides?

Everyone is having a fucking hard time missing some of the things they love in life, myself included but giving up on living.... no, I don’t see that in friends, family or work colleagues. It’s one of life’s hard times nothing more, has the word “endure” dropped from your vocabulary?

in Lancashire

Well some like you will fold by the sounds of it, others will grit their teeth and plod on..

We have a choice.

LOL.

Point & splutter all you like. "

No, I’ll just smirk at the irony that yorkshire is the current infection hotspot in the U.K... well done for powering your region towards a greater loss of liberties

We have a choice.

LOL.

No, I’ll just smirk at the irony that yorkshire is the current infection hotspot in the U.K... well done for powering your region towards a greater loss of liberties "

Yorkshire is a big place which part ?

Well some like you will fold by the sounds of it, others will grit their teeth and plod on..

"

Fold?? No im doing what i want when i want... That's my point im not scared of dying and im living by still doing what i like..

Tynemouth

"

Fold?? No im doing what i want when i want... That's my point im not scared of dying and im living by still doing what i like..

"

Not scared of causing someone else’s death either by the sounds of it. So much bravado, and so proud of yourself!!! Staggering.

in Lancashire

"

Essentially your saying to all and sundry, fuck you Jack?

Your not alone sadly..

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I don't know about everyone else, but despite the restrictions, I've hardly "stopped living". There are many things I am desperately missing, such as live music and shagging strangers at clubs, but ultimately I'm hardly living like a hermit. For the time being, I'll make the best out of a bad situation.

Cal

the wetlands

"I don't know about everyone else, but despite the restrictions, I've hardly "stopped living". There are many things I am desperately missing, such as live music and shagging strangers at clubs, but ultimately I'm hardly living like a hermit. For the time being, I'll make the best out of a bad situation.

Cal"

Same here

"I don't know about everyone else, but despite the restrictions, I've hardly "stopped living". There are many things I am desperately missing, such as live music and shagging strangers at clubs, but ultimately I'm hardly living like a hermit. For the time being, I'll make the best out of a bad situation.

Cal"

Nothing has really changed for us as long as we get on our holiday in December it will be happy days.

We barely go out for drink or food .

We still get to see all our kids and grandkids and both still working .

So just the same really.

We miss our dirty weekends away but those can wait.

"

Not scared of causing someone else’s death either by the sounds of it. So much bravado, and so proud of yourself!!! Staggering. "

Id never know so its not something i need to think about...

Tynemouth

"

Not scared of causing someone else’s death either by the sounds of it. So much bravado, and so proud of yourself!!! Staggering.

Id never know so its not something i need to think about... "

Idiot.

We have a choice.

LOL.

No, I’ll just smirk at the irony that yorkshire is the current infection hotspot in the U.K... well done for powering your region towards a greater loss of liberties Yorkshire is a big place which part ?"

West and south I believe

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

Let's get through this is our thought and we've had the virus but frightened of getting it again, none of us want that. Yes, we'll make the necessary sacrifices to ensure we have many years ahead.

For the record, op, in our head it's been a six year plan from day one and we're not altering that unless things change.

» Add a new message to this topic