FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Covid Grass

Covid Grass

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ikeC81 OP   Man  over a year ago

harrow

Over the last 6 months we have been having an issue with our neighbour. From being flooded out at least 3 times a year, to then ‘trespassing’ on our land. Then building a trampoline that extended on to our shared footpath, which we asked to move, to having a border issue with a car at the weekend, with a plastic pipe being chucked out the window on to our alleyway yesterday.

Last night I noticed that 2 more people went around their house. Now there already 3 adults and 3 children to that made 8 people - how do we know that (cctv). For me with the current climate and the fact they arrive with no masks, was the final straw

My father asked me not to report but I am getting so fed up of their behaviour and especially with the car issue they said they were cleaning it because of covid then they have additional people around.

If you would were having the same issues with your neighbours would you become a covid grass or would you live and let live

I don’t want to be a covid grass, but at the moment I am so frustrated with their behaviour. Before people ask we have tried speaking with them, sending a letter, contacting their landlord. They don’t engage to the last moment then back down. By then my parents have got angry

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

Are you really all that bothered who they have in their house or are you just looking for an opportunity for revenge?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 29/10/20 06:40:19]

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

How did they "flood you out at least three times last year" ?

By *isandhers691127Couple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

I love a squirter but thats ridiculous.

Leeds

"

Last night I noticed that 2 more people went around their house. Now there already 3 adults and 3 children to that made 8 people - how do we know that (cctv). For me with the current climate and the fact they arrive with no masks, was the final straw

"

Does your CCTV extend into their living room ? How do you know the whole household was in one room ? Maybe the kids were in their rooms, leaving only 5 people in the lounge ?

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

100% report them, even if they were lovely neighbours. They are breaking the law and it should be reported .

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Op is this the couple that called the brigade over your bonfires?

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Unbelievable twaddle

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

No, don't report them

Guess who's not getting a Xmas card this year

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'd keep the 2 matters totally separate, as they relate very differently to your daily life and wellbeing.

It seems that the behaviour that's longstanding ought to be the focus, as this causes you the most stress, inconvenience and potential harm. You've not been very successful with them with it. You'll probably benefit from some advice on it from elsewhere, I'd imagine. You'll certainly need to be focused, as it's relentless. You've spoken with them and I think that you will need to do this again, with the objective of getting some agreement about what they will and won't do. If you can offer any concessions before you conclude any agreement, that would likely be viewed as you having goodwill. You are wronged but you stand to gain, if they follow through with any commitments.

Keep a full log of any problems with dates and times. Perhaps give them rewards for good compliance - when people get something 'free' they owe you in their minds and it also makes the interaction positive, rather than you appearing always negative, in their minds.

The covid-19 issue is separate. If you are perceived as the ones who grassed them and caused trouble, you can probably kiss any remaining goodwill goodbye. It won't deliver any lasting solution to your problems and will give you a little psychological boost, as you've punished them.

As much as the covid-19 issue is severe, the solution to it isn't lots of reports about neighbours.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Guess who's not getting a Xmas card this year "

Just do the decent thing and key there car.

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman  over a year ago

somewhere along the fylde

"I'd keep the 2 matters totally separate, as they relate very differently to your daily life and wellbeing.

It seems that the behaviour that's longstanding ought to be the focus, as this causes you the most stress, inconvenience and potential harm. You've not been very successful with them with it. You'll probably benefit from some advice on it from elsewhere, I'd imagine. You'll certainly need to be focused, as it's relentless. You've spoken with them and I think that you will need to do this again, with the objective of getting some agreement about what they will and won't do. If you can offer any concessions before you conclude any agreement, that would likely be viewed as you having goodwill. You are wronged but you stand to gain, if they follow through with any commitments.

Keep a full log of any problems with dates and times. Perhaps give them rewards for good compliance - when people get something 'free' they owe you in their minds and it also makes the interaction positive, rather than you appearing always negative, in their minds.

The covid-19 issue is separate. If you are perceived as the ones who grassed them and caused trouble, you can probably kiss any remaining goodwill goodbye. It won't deliver any lasting solution to your problems and will give you a little psychological boost, as you've punished them.

As much as the covid-19 issue is severe, the solution to it isn't lots of reports about neighbours. "

this. They sure sound like problem neighbours & grassing on them will likely just make matters worse. Don't poke an angry bear & all that. You don't know for what reason they have these guests around either.

And how do you know all the family where in at the time.

Sounds like you are looking for reasons to be angry at them.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I think you should be a good boy and listen to your father.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

As others have said I wouldn’t report them, unfortunately no matter what you do individuals will choose to break the rules, two households shouldn’t be mixing indoors, but it is not worth antagonising the situation.

I’d try and sort the other issues first.

By *ontecristoMan  over a year ago

PonteCarlo

I don't buy this grassing shit its put out there by evil fuckers committing offences who want yo get away with it.

you report and let the law deal with it.

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

I could do with some to get me through the boredom of lockdown.

harrow

"Op is this the couple that called the brigade over your bonfires?"

No that’s as an arse - 3 doors down. That’s been resolved no more burning now. Though gutted I won’t be able to have a summer Bbq - sniggers

This one is the tenants that live above us, the problem is it is a shared back garden. We lease from freeholder, they rent from their landlord is also leases from freeholder. There landlord leases the front from freeholder, we only have access over the front

Their landlord is not the greatest in coming back to them dealing with things, so like we get flooded by them, Tell them the flooding is happening and we get oh we told the landlord but clearly you have something that is leaking when you run the tap so can you stop doing that please

There is a language issue as they don’t speak great English. Also they say they told their landlord, yes they probably have but when you have water pissing out of your bathroom/ kitchen ceiling, blocked pathways that you trip up, flooded kitchen as they left an outside tap running which wasn’t theirs, your garden used by them without asking it comes to the point that we have just had enough with the crap.

Final straw and all that I know I should keep both separate, but it’s like they don’t help themselves

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

"I don't buy this grassing shit its put out there by evil fuckers committing offences who want yo get away with it.

you report and let the law deal with it. "

100% this

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

"Op is this the couple that called the brigade over your bonfires?

No that’s as an arse - 3 doors down. That’s been resolved no more burning now. Though gutted I won’t be able to have a summer Bbq - sniggers

This one is the tenants that live above us, the problem is it is a shared back garden. We lease from freeholder, they rent from their landlord is also leases from freeholder. There landlord leases the front from freeholder, we only have access over the front

Their landlord is not the greatest in coming back to them dealing with things, so like we get flooded by them, Tell them the flooding is happening and we get oh we told the landlord but clearly you have something that is leaking when you run the tap so can you stop doing that please

There is a language issue as they don’t speak great English. Also they say they told their landlord, yes they probably have but when you have water pissing out of your bathroom/ kitchen ceiling, blocked pathways that you trip up, flooded kitchen as they left an outside tap running which wasn’t theirs, your garden used by them without asking it comes to the point that we have just had enough with the crap.

Final straw and all that I know I should keep both separate, but it’s like they don’t help themselves

"

I’d write direct to their Landlord about the property issues. They are obligated to sort out property issues, and they may be ignoring the Tenant’s issues, which is impacting on you.

Do a formal letter, take a copy and send it guaranteed delivery so you have a written record if you need to take matters further and proof that they have received/signed for the letter.

I think being tricky with your neighbours really won’t help matters, especially as you have to cross paths for access purposes, it will just cause additional stress so I’d think extremely carefully about that, and if things escalate legally (for whatever reason) a tit for tat scenario will not sit well with those dishing out a Judgements.

Taking a proper, documented route is by far your best option, albeit a slow process and a frustrating one.

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

Be careful here, you mentioned CCTV footage you are only allowed cameras on your own property and anything that covers neighbors could come back and bite you!

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"Over the last 6 months we have been having an issue with our neighbour. From being flooded out at least 3 times a year, to then ‘trespassing’ on our land. Then building a trampoline that extended on to our shared footpath, which we asked to move, to having a border issue with a car at the weekend, with a plastic pipe being chucked out the window on to our alleyway yesterday.

My father asked me not to report but I am getting so fed up of their behaviour and especially with the car issue they said they were cleaning it because of covid then they have additional people around.

If you would were having the same issues with your neighbours would you become a covid grass or would you live and let live

I don’t want to be a covid grass, but at the moment I am so frustrated with their behaviour. Before people ask we have tried speaking with them, sending a letter, contacting their landlord. They don’t engage to the last moment then back down. By then my parents have got angry

"

Do your mum and dad know you are asking for advice on a swingers site.

Don't show mum your pics or you will be bunking in with your neighbours.

harrow

"Be careful here, you mentioned CCTV footage you are only allowed cameras on your own property and anything that covers neighbors could come back and bite you! "

The camera is on our property and is on shared footpath up to doorway very similar

By *anna Needs CockWoman  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Just report them if the police think its valid they will take them to task if not they won't.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Op is this the couple that called the brigade over your bonfires?

"

The leaks are a safety issue, either a pre action letter or getting environmental health involved might help with that..

Trouble is once you involve the police etc over alleged breaches then it's going to be tit for tat..

"Just report them if the police think its valid they will take them to task if not they won't. "

Love the name

Leeds

At least it wasn't them who reported all your garden fires.

By *edandLouCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Over the last 6 months we have been having an issue with our neighbour. From being flooded out at least 3 times a year, to then ‘trespassing’ on our land. Then building a trampoline that extended on to our shared footpath, which we asked to move, to having a border issue with a car at the weekend, with a plastic pipe being chucked out the window on to our alleyway yesterday.

"

Have they "grassed" on you for living in a tier 2 area yet "hinting" at looking to meet others in your latest status?

"Be careful here, you mentioned CCTV footage you are only allowed cameras on your own property and anything that covers neighbors could come back and bite you!

The camera is on our property and is on shared footpath up to doorway very similar "

If it also monitors your neighbour's activities you could have an issue. The house opposite me Is broken into 2 flats and the people in the bottom flat put CC TV cameras up and were told to take it down by the council because they were breaching their neighbours right to privacy.

By *orthern PowerhouseMan  over a year ago

Chesterfield

CCTV is a grey area you can't have them pointed into windows but councils and the police are very reluctant to take it to court for rulings as both of them have lots of cameras up that do exactly this.

I'd suggest documenting everything then going to their landlord about it.

I hope it gets resolved as living next door to bad neighbours is awful x

harrow

"Be careful here, you mentioned CCTV footage you are only allowed cameras on your own property and anything that covers neighbors could come back and bite you!

The camera is on our property and is on shared footpath up to doorway very similar

If it also monitors your neighbour's activities you could have an issue. The house opposite me Is broken into 2 flats and the people in the bottom flat put CC TV cameras up and were told to take it down by the council because they were breaching their neighbours right to privacy. "

It’s actually point down on to my doorway from our building to both flats as mum is registered disabled and I don’t want her answering the door when nobody is in. Only decided to use it because hear what sounded like people going in to house and they already have 6 people

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

If it also monitors your neighbour's activities you could have an issue. The house opposite me Is broken into 2 flats and the people in the bottom flat put CC TV cameras up and were told to take it down by the council because they were breaching their neighbours right to privacy.

It’s actually point down on to my doorway from our building to both flats as mum is registered disabled and I don’t want her answering the door when nobody is in. Only decided to use it because hear what sounded like people going in to house and they already have 6 people

"

Really difficult having problem neighbours but of you've ready tried the friendly neighbours approach, then go the official route. Solicitorsetter to them and their landlord. It may cause short term problems but you already have those.

harrow

Have they "grassed" on you for living in a tier 2 area yet "hinting" at looking to meet others in your latest status?"

Hold on, I know exactly what tier I am in. I can tell you how many people I have met at home a big fat 0 even before covid. Why because I don’t accommodate and never have done.

In addition when I could meet people outside of tier2 I could meet people socially and I did. To breakdown my covid experience

1) met one swinger couple friend for social. A couple I have know for over 2 years, didn’t play. I have both their numbers. Before tiered process

2) when to brothers house when could meet prior to tier process for no more than 2 hours to see new house abs drop some things off

3) when on a Uk staycation for a holiday in areas that were low covid areas at the time, meeting people socially that I had known either a long my time or doing work with

4) if you read my profile I tend to play in Cupids or Club Rouge in Manchester. Both are closed and have been to covid. Could I have met people in hotel I suppose yes I could but I can count the number of hotel meets on two hands that I have had in last 10 year

5) occasionally met a couple of friends for a meal in a pub. One of which is a doctor and gets tested regularly. My father also gets tested regularly. I wear a mask when I leave the house now except when eating or drinking. I have not been to the office in over 7 months.

But of course I am hinting at a meet during covid times

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

I would report them in a heartbeat, there are few neighbours that I am looking to settle a score with. That would do it nicely.

harrow

Really difficult having problem neighbours but of you've ready tried the friendly neighbours approach, then go the official route. Solicitorsetter to them and their landlord. It may cause short term problems but you already have those. "

Tried the ohh would you be able to move the trampoline please as I have noticed it’s a foot on the shared footpath and we can’t get to patio where we are getting rid of rubbish. Oh we spoke to landlord and he says as it’s only a foot and footpath is shared it’s fine

Tried the look please don’t feed the pigeons (not the sparrows too), as we have bird feathers, abs bird shit on paintwork, and alley footpath, please be careful when you run a shower or over fill sink.

Tried asking nicely with the tenant first, I have spoken to landlord, follow up with tenant. Speak to landlord. Message landlord takes days to get back to us as he is nor landlord, ends up getting pissy with tenant and landlord . Landlord tells us he spoken to tenants, no change in behaviour.

The issue is if we both rented from landlord it would be easier, if we both owned as easy but because one does rent and one ownes there is that other layer of complexity to every issue

Other than the flooding which is a serious issue (a car issue also which is a boundary issue), and really isn’t dealt with well by the tenant or landlord the other issues are just minor issues that together are really annoying but they are easily fixable buy changing behaviour

I am sure we are not perfect either but unless they tell us we don’t know, we are not afraid to tell them what is the issue but we don’t tell them straight away but do after a few days or a number of times

» Add a new message to this topic