FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Lockdown now ??

Lockdown now ??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iptonbloke OP   Man  over a year ago

tipton

Peoples thoughts should we go in lockdown now or do you think the goverment are just delaying it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Bang goes the economy.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You want the covid Or politics forum, this is a covid free zone.

No tar iv lost enough freedom

By *ntheshadows1975Man  over a year ago

Merseyside

I honestly think that the government will do all they can to NOT go into lockdown. They are only interested in £££££££

They countries welfare are far from their agenda.

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman  over a year ago

Club Play

"You want the covid Or politics forum, this is a covid free zone. "

Someone took the sign off the door

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Noooo! X

Geeeetttt ouuuuttttt

tipton

I personally think well be in a full lockdown before xmas infections on the rise since schools and colleges returned ??

I think we'll see tighter restrictions coming in and possibly a Christmas lockdown...

By *ootprints1629Couple  over a year ago

somewhere in moray

Delaying until Christmas...this is just to gently ease us into thinking it will be needed...although what their agenda is I have no clue

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I dont think we should, cos a lockdown would be more devestating than the virus, cos peoples livelihoods are at risk.

tipton

"You want the covid Or politics forum, this is a covid free zone. "
oh right so where does it say covid free ?

tipton

"I dont think we should, cos a lockdown would be more devestating than the virus, cos peoples livelihoods are at risk."

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman  over a year ago

Club Play

"You want the covid Or politics forum, this is a covid free zone. oh right so where does it say covid free ?"

^^^ up there, you're in the virus room now

tipton

"You want the covid Or politics forum, this is a covid free zone. oh right so where does it say covid free ?

^^^ up there, you're in the virus room now "

lol day see that drrrrr

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Peoples thoughts should we go in lockdown now or do you think the goverment are just delaying it "

It's a tough one, the virus would certainly be curtailed by another lockdown, but the financial support needs to come in straight away and at a high level.

"Peoples thoughts should we go in lockdown now or do you think the goverment are just delaying it

It's a tough one, the virus would certainly be curtailed by another lockdown, but the financial support needs to come in straight away and at a high level. "

This if there a decent support package in place bring on the lockdown.

"I honestly think that the government will do all they can to NOT go into lockdown. They are only interested in £££££££

They countries welfare are far from their agenda. "

Are you kidding me!

They've spent 240 thousand million pounds extra in the last 9 months and that's just the money on the books, there's literally hundreds of billions on the boe books.

Willfully inept

Out of there depth

Stealing our taxes

Under the media's thumb

But concerned about money, definitely not

"I think we'll see tighter restrictions coming in and possibly a Christmas lockdown... "

I would be with your thinking, technically respiratory viruses reach peak end of January till late march, I suspect that's when they'll want the numbers suppressing.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"I dont think we should, cos a lockdown would be more devestating than the virus, cos peoples livelihoods are at risk."

That’s true and and we should avoid a lockdown to prevent the economic damage it would cause.

France locked down because this week they had 50,000+ cases on 25th & on the 27th 500+ deaths.

If it gets that bad over here ( let’s hope it doesn’t), then we may end up with tighter restrictions or a possible lockdown.

They'll be a lockdown for Xmas and most of 2021

"I dont think we should, cos a lockdown would be more devestating than the virus, cos peoples livelihoods are at risk.

That’s true and and we should avoid a lockdown to prevent the economic damage it would cause.

France locked down because this week they had 50,000+ cases on 25th & on the 27th 500+ deaths.

If it gets that bad over here ( let’s hope it doesn’t), then we may end up with tighter restrictions or a possible lockdown. "

Exactly... Unfortunately, I think we will end up in lockdown by Christmas...

"Peoples thoughts should we go in lockdown now or do you think the goverment are just delaying it "

It will very likely happen tbh, in terms of economy, effectiveness etc we would be far better to go early to minimise the impact.

Sadly it’s not really a response that we have a choice on, first time round we did it way too late, I think sadly we have probably reach rates of infection that will be hard to reverse this time round already too.

I've just seen the whole of Yorkshire is going into tier3

It's a really tricky one because parts of the South and Southwest have got quite low virus levels so I'm torn between having a full lockdown so that we can try to nip this in the Bud again And just having tight restrictions in certain areas and keep as much of the economy open as possible.

We have nerver fully opened back up since March and even with restrictions in place this thing is running wild and could very nearly getting totally of control.

So I'm probably leaning towards full lockdown because I just don't know what the other solution is.

"I've just seen the whole of Yorkshire is going into tier3

It's a really tricky one because parts of the South and Southwest have got quite low virus levels so I'm torn between having a full lockdown so that we can try to nip this in the Bud again And just having tight restrictions in certain areas and keep as much of the economy open as possible.

We have nerver fully opened back up since March and even with restrictions in place this thing is running wild and could very nearly getting totally of control.

So I'm probably leaning towards full lockdown because I just don't know what the other solution is."

The whole of yorkshire ?

We are tier 1 here.

So I'm probably leaning towards full lockdown because I just don't know what the other solution is.

The whole of yorkshire ?

We are tier 1 here."

Sorry it just came up as Breaking news on my phone and I think actually se just West Yorkshire.

The whole of yorkshire ?

We are tier 1 here.

Sorry it just came up as Breaking news on my phone and I think actually se just West Yorkshire. "

Was going to say lol.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

They're currently in "what the fuck do we do now " mode

Of course lockdown will work, it worked before.

They should have a very good idea now who's sprrading the virus and they don't.

I think there is definitely a contribution from covidiots but it's now rising too high for that to be the only reason.

Maybe the infectiousness of the virus is so high and so bad that governments don't want to tell the public and are pinning all their hopes on a vaccine ... Who knows

Recent weeks have definitely proven that we have a better understanding of how to treat people admitted to hospital as not as many are dying, but once the hospitals are full again the deaths might increase more rapidly.

We probably NEED another lockdown to put the brakes on the spread but it's getting scary

The whole of yorkshire ?

We are tier 1 here.

Sorry it just came up as Breaking news on my phone and I think actually se just West Yorkshire.

Was going to say lol."

I am really sorry I didn't read it properly. Yes it's the whole of West Yorkshire from Monday.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

The cure is worse than the disease now.

By *edandLouCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

So I'm probably leaning towards full lockdown because I just don't know what the other solution is."

If you remember the original national lockdown only came in to force when London numbers went up-now it is just mainly the North with high numbers they have locked down mainly the North!

"I dont think we should, cos a lockdown would be more devestating than the virus, cos peoples livelihoods are at risk.

The cure is worse than the disease now. "

Not for those with long covid or those Grieving or those that have lost their lives or are currently in hospital on a ventilator or seriously ill.

By *d4fun73Man  over a year ago

Shipley

All a lock down would do is delay the inevitable.

If you remember the original national lockdown only came in to force when London numbers went up-now it is just mainly the North with high numbers they have locked down mainly the North!"

The 1st time round we had never been through anything like this and actually it's quite obvious that if the most densely populated city in the country has high numbers the rest of the country is gonna follow.

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

What would you hope a lockdown would achieve?

How long would you want the lockdown to last?

How would you restart things after lockdown.

Until you have a plan that answers those questions you are just delaying things for no purpose

"All a lock down would do is delay the inevitable. "

What's the inevitable?

Lock downs are not there to get rid of the virus they are there to make sure too many people don't get sick at the same time.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

nope there are people working in some parts of the country that dont have many cases why should they be put out of work.N norfolk 31.2 per 100k S norfolk 46.8 per 100k east suffolk 58.1 just a few examples from round here.

"Peoples thoughts should we go in lockdown now or do you think the goverment are just delaying it

Until you have a plan that answers those questions you are just delaying things for no purpose"

Except to save lives.

[Removed by poster at 29/10/20 19:00:10]

Yeah, loose some economy and kill off a few more people instead.

You really think the economy will not suffer as much with all the extra people becoming hospitalised and break the NHS.

I'll stick my neck out and say that it'll not make much difference. Hear are my main three reasons.

1 Every economy is doing the exact same, it's taking a turn down.

2. We've borrowed more money than we could ever pay back in 25. (Not my quote)

3. Interest rates are at an all time global low, so much so most banks are now looking at other ways of curbing their losses and the only option left now is to look at charging more in fees.

NO.....to many people are facing such a crap time with job losses every where I think every thing back to normal.

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

Time to enforce our Common Law rights, lockdowns aren't the answer

"NO.....to many people are facing such a crap time with job losses every where I think every thing back to normal. "

But this virus is costing jobs lockdown or no lockdown.

"I think we'll see tighter restrictions coming in and possibly a Christmas lockdown... "

I'm hoping for this, as I feel that Christmas will be a catalyst for a huge rise in infection rates.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Time to enforce our Common Law rights, lockdowns aren't the answer "

I doubt if we still have common law rights as originally laid out in the magna carta. These have been gradually eroded I suspect.

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Everywhere

"Time to enforce our Common Law rights, lockdowns aren't the answer

I doubt if we still have common law rights as originally laid out in the magna carta. These have been gradually eroded I suspect. "

As long as the Covidiots keep giving them up so easily, you’ll never get them back.

Many don’t seem to realise, when a government realises the populace give up their civil liberties so easily, they’ll just keep doing it regardless.

Our soldiers have died for our freedoms, remember.

By *orthern PowerhouseMan  over a year ago

Chesterfield

Well the money to pay for the NHS and other things has to come from somewhere its not a brighthouse economy we live in.

Having seen people live both sides... no it isn’t, it isnt even close

The whole of yorkshire ?

We are tier 1 here.

Sorry it just came up as Breaking news on my phone and I think actually se just West Yorkshire. "

West and south x

By *d4fun73Man  over a year ago

Shipley

"All a lock down would do is delay the inevitable.

What's the inevitable?

Lock downs are not there to get rid of the virus they are there to make sure too many people don't get sick at the same time."

True but as the virus would still be around once restrictions are eased again it would spread again.

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Everywhere

The cure is most definitely worse than the disease & in the coming months and years we’ll see this sadly.

The collateral damage and deaths will far outweigh how many will die from Covid.

The cure is most definitely worse than the disease & in the coming months and years we’ll see this sadly.

The collateral damage and deaths will far outweigh how many will die from Covid. "

We have no way of knowing what will happen, all we do now is deal with the current crisis.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

What is it with Yorkshire? I thought it was all dales, flat caps and whippets! But it's actually some kind of virus factory! What gives?

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

You're getting tier three within a week, op, see how that goes.

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

"I honestly think that the government will do all they can to NOT go into lockdown. They are only interested in £££££££

They countries welfare are far from their agenda.

Are you kidding me!

They've spent 240 thousand million pounds extra in the last 9 months and that's just the money on the books, there's literally hundreds of billions on the boe books.

Willfully inept

Out of there depth

Stealing our taxes

Under the media's thumb

But concerned about money, definitely not "

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity"

E

We should have been in lock down this week for the 2 weeks the kids were off school. We will certainly go into one within the next month in my opinion...and it will more then likely be over xmas now and last a lot longer than the 2 weeks when it comes.

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

Until you have a plan that answers those questions you are just delaying things for no purpose

Except to save lives."

Would it save lives, would the deaths just be delayed?

What about suicides what about cancer and all the life saving treatment being postponed or cancelled?

As we said there has to be a plan before a lockdown

The collateral damage and deaths will far outweigh how many will die from Covid.

We have no way of knowing what will happen, all we do now is deal with the current crisis. "

Most questions that people have or are asking sadly cannot be answered. We won't know until time passes.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I hope not. But at least it will mean those lovely quiet roads again on the way to work.

I doubt some people will have the stomach for it now. Lots have shown they just won’t do it anymore and complacency has sunk in.

Except to save lives.

What about suicides what about cancer and all the life saving treatment being postponed or cancelled?

As we said there has to be a plan before a lockdown"

What people don't seem to realise is we live in a civilised society on going to leave people to die on the street. What do you suggest other than lockdown because if we let this virus just go more people will die and be seriously ill which means other services will be stretched no matter happens.

What will be will be everyone has there own opinion but I believe keep them to yourself and let’s just try to enjoy what freedom and life’s we have while we have it

Except to save lives.

What people don't seem to realise is we live in a civilised society on going to leave people to die on the street. What do you suggest other than lockdown because if we let this virus just go more people will die and be seriously ill which means other services will be stretched no matter happens. "

But the economy is far more important.

By *orthern PowerhouseMan  over a year ago

Chesterfield

The reality is what ever happens some will say its wrong. You only have to look across Europe to see what ever is done by the people in charge some will hate it we are becoming a hateful society right now.

"What will be will be everyone has there own opinion but I believe keep them to yourself and let’s just try to enjoy what freedom and life’s we have while we have it "

Like you just you mean?

I don't understand that people are talking about this.

London

Except to save lives.

As we said there has to be a plan before a lockdown"

“....... What about suicides what about cancer and all the life saving treatment being postponed or cancelled?....”

————————————

As infections increase, it lead to a rise in covid hospitalisations.

As covid hospitalisations increase, it will lead to the postponement and cancellations of life saving treatment for cancer and other illnesses that you talk about. That will ultimately lead to more deaths from other illness.

When the hospitals start getting full - time to lockdown.

"The reality is what ever happens some will say its wrong. You only have to look across Europe to see what ever is done by the people in charge some will hate it we are becoming a hateful society right now. "

Chester

I doubt if we still have common law rights as originally laid out in the magna carta. These have been gradually eroded I suspect. "

Nope still there but peeps don't know or how to enforce

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Not sure if it has already been said . But why aren t we using the nightingale hospitals to thier capacity to keep the normal hospitals ticking over. There are plenty of qualified armed forces medics and paramedicly trained members in the armed forces who are currently on base waiting for ????

"Not sure if it has already been said . But why aren t we using the nightingale hospitals to thier capacity to keep the normal hospitals ticking over. There are plenty of qualified armed forces medics and paramedicly trained members in the armed forces who are currently on base waiting for ????

"

Believe it or not, although they are our own armed forces someone still needs to foot the bill, so government are loathed to use them until it is necessary... Mad, I know, the same thing happened during the fireman strikes...

the wetlands

I doubt if we still have common law rights as originally laid out in the magna carta. These have been gradually eroded I suspect.

Nope still there but peeps don't know or how to enforce "

Enlighten us ?

Except to save lives.

“....... What about suicides what about cancer and all the life saving treatment being postponed or cancelled?....”

————————————

As infections increase, it lead to a rise in covid hospitalisations.

As covid hospitalisations increase, it will lead to the postponement and cancellations of life saving treatment for cancer and other illnesses that you talk about. That will ultimately lead to more deaths from other illness.

When the hospitals start getting full - time to lockdown.

"

This

Full of common sense

"Not sure if it has already been said . But why aren t we using the nightingale hospitals to thier capacity to keep the normal hospitals ticking over. There are plenty of qualified armed forces medics and paramedicly trained members in the armed forces who are currently on base waiting for ????

"

How many medics trained in trauma medicine can be of use on a HDU or ICU?

I can give you a little insight;: the RAMC who where attached to the NW Nightingale has a capacity to man 60 beds if we had of needed their help.

I believe they accounted for one fifth of the units the U.K. has available.

Many people question why we can’t relax with 6 empty temporary hospitals, 20k ventilatiors in storage etc... the answer is simple, all of our personnel are engaged on the frontline, we have nobody in reserve to use a surplus of equipment.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Bang goes the economy. "
Your thinking very short we cannot rebuild economy as things are

Chester

Enlighten us ?"

Common Law is above Parliament which is Maritime Law, they are acts which you have to agree to. So do you understand, no I don't Stand under you so don't accept contract. Lots to research for sure.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

Yep I'm with you schools are closed at Xmas anyway so are lots of work places so it could be a 3 or 4 week Xmas shut down.

Enlighten us ?

Common Law is above Parliament which is Maritime Law, they are acts which you have to agree to. So do you understand, no I don't Stand under you so don't accept contract. Lots to research for sure. "

Ohhhh we've got a flat earther

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"We should have been in lock down this week for the 2 weeks the kids were off school. We will certainly go into one within the next month in my opinion...and it will more then likely be over xmas now and last a lot longer than the 2 weeks when it comes."
I agree with this

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Enlighten us ?

Common Law is above Parliament which is Maritime Law, they are acts which you have to agree to. So do you understand, no I don't Stand under you so don't accept contract. Lots to research for sure. "

So if you break the law of the land, as laid down in statute passed by parliament you only have to say you don't agree with the above?

And what..

You guys are crazy putting up with another lockdown.

the wetlands

Enlighten us ?

I think you might be confused as that doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Maritime law relates to those at sea, there's nothing there that can help you with Covid restrictions

Common law is something else entirely, and given Covid hasn't been around very long it's unlikely there have been any legal precedents set to override civil law.

If it gets that bad over here ( let’s hope it doesn’t), then we may end up with tighter restrictions or a possible lockdown. "

I think sadly we already know infections are doubling every 9 days currently.

Inevitably that puts us at 400 deaths a day in 2-3 weeks time. We can also see no reversal of infection rates even in the tier III regions so in all likelihood we’ll be close to 800 deaths by the close of November.

It’s a sad fact but the damage is likely already done, if as many fear London is heading to a similar situation that the Northern cities are seeing then we can expect much worst.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

I don't think it will hit London the same the center is empty people working from home. And probably a less densely populated area then some of the North plus most of the North is manufacturing hard to do from home so personally I think this might be why it has hit hard I different areas.

FFS no. We've done enough of this stupidity already. I personally follow these stupid rules and I have had enough, utterly and completely futile waste of my time and effort but I have no choice as do not want to get fined. Am I a covidiot ? I don't think so but I feel so depressed and fed up. I almost feel like I wish I could get it and die. I have totally had enough. Rant over. Let's just get it over and done with FFS.

"I don't think it will hit London the same the center is empty people working from home. And probably a less densely populated area then some of the North plus most of the North is manufacturing hard to do from home so personally I think this might be why it has hit hard I different areas. "

I agree with you all parts of London are much quieter at the moment. We were on the central line headed towards Stratford at 6pm about 2 weeks ago and there was on 12 people in our carnage.

"I don't think it will hit London the same the center is empty people working from home. And probably a less densely populated area then some of the North plus most of the North is manufacturing hard to do from home so personally I think this might be why it has hit hard I different areas. "

I think sadly the pattern is the same that we’ve seen in the northern cities, a lot of younger infections which aren’t stressing the system but significant numbers that you’ll see a big knock on to older age groups in the coming weeks. I suspect the end of November will see London becoming our peak city.

Your mayor has been highlighting his concern for weeks, I think he’s right tbh

the wetlands

"FFS no. We've done enough of this stupidity already. I personally follow these stupid rules and I have had enough, utterly and completely futile waste of my time and effort but I have no choice as do not want to get fined. Am I a covidiot ? I don't think so but I feel so depressed and fed up. I almost feel like I wish I could get it and die. I have totally had enough. Rant over. Let's just get it over and done with FFS."

Are you a covidiot ?

Absolutely not, everyone should be entitled to express their opposition to the rules provided they obey them.

"

I agree with you all parts of London are much quieter at the moment. We were on the central line headed towards Stratford at 6pm about 2 weeks ago and there was on 12 people in our carnage. "

Likewise, Manchester’s centre, transport etc have been a fraction of its normal reality but it hasn’t stopped our infections from soaring sadly.

"I don't think it will hit London the same the center is empty people working from home. And probably a less densely populated area then some of the North plus most of the North is manufacturing hard to do from home so personally I think this might be why it has hit hard I different areas.

I think sadly the pattern is the same that we’ve seen in the northern cities, a lot of younger infections which aren’t stressing the system but significant numbers that you’ll see a big knock on to older age groups in the coming weeks. I suspect the end of November will see London becoming our peak city.

Your mayor has been highlighting his concern for weeks, I think he’s right tbh"

When you say younger infections do you mean its being treated earlier Or the patients are younger.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The health of thousands as well as the economy, is going to be severely damaged if we continue with the current plan which is letting the virus run rampage through us. Just over a month ago the experts advised a short limited lockdown to freeze numbers from continuing to spiral even more out of control.

We didn't and failed instead. A fixed short lockdown to prove to deniers and naysayers is the only defined option and it must be very soon, to provide the greatest reduction in the rapid escalation.

We're in denial if we think that that first lockdown was to be the only ever form of it we had to face. Nobody shows a valid workable alternative. We're a very wealthy nation but that is worth nothing if we throw our people away, because some prefer wealth. That must be shamed as selfish stupidity.

"I don't think it will hit London the same the center is empty people working from home. And probably a less densely populated area then some of the North plus most of the North is manufacturing hard to do from home so personally I think this might be why it has hit hard I different areas.

Your mayor has been highlighting his concern for weeks, I think he’s right tbh

When you say younger infections do you mean its being treated earlier Or the patients are younger. "

The pattern we saw in Manchester was a massive hike up in positive testing, many of them from the 20’s. I work in one of the cities ICU’s and despite the rise we didn’t see any real rise in admissions or critical patients.

Two weeks on we did see the higher infection rates start to affect older age groups, we now sit about two weeks on from that and we are seeing a lot of patients, our deaths are increasing at quite a rapid rate and in truth our tier II and tier III limits seem to be providing very little impact in halting the rise.

We learned the process of infections and their impacts through the summer. The reality is we can see 3-4 weeks ahead from the reported figures and know what we will be facing.we know our future patients have tested positive and are home in bed, in a week or so they’ll rapidly deteriorate and arrive at our doors. I’m rough figures we can tell how many, we know the approximate numbers that won’t survive too.

We are fairly certain in two weeks Manchester’s tallies will be double what they are now, I’m also pretty certain from the numbers coming out of London we will be talking about the capitals rising crisis as the patients will be starting to arrive in big numbers by then.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

The numbers are still rising in London and quite sharply, even those areas you’d expect to be quiet like Westminster and the city, as individuals do live there. I wouldn’t be surprised if we move into Tier 3 within a fortnight or so

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Actually going down here

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"The health of thousands as well as the economy, is going to be severely damaged if we continue with the current plan which is letting the virus run rampage through us. Just over a month ago the experts advised a short limited lockdown to freeze numbers from continuing to spiral even more out of control.

We didn't and failed instead. A fixed short lockdown to prove to deniers and naysayers is the only defined option and it must be very soon, to provide the greatest reduction in the rapid escalation.

We're in denial if we think that that first lockdown was to be the only ever form of it we had to face. Nobody shows a valid workable alternative. We're a very wealthy nation but that is worth nothing if we throw our people away, because some prefer wealth. That must be shamed as selfish stupidity. "

So wealthy that U.K. is over 2 Trillion in debt and rising quickly

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"Actually going down here"

Which is good, let’s hope it continues

liverpool

"Actually going down here

Which is good, let’s hope it continues "

Hope so

Still think it will be a national one at some point though.

liverpool

"The health of thousands as well as the economy, is going to be severely damaged if we continue with the current plan which is letting the virus run rampage through us. Just over a month ago the experts advised a short limited lockdown to freeze numbers from continuing to spiral even more out of control.

We're in denial if we think that that first lockdown was to be the only ever form of it we had to face. Nobody shows a valid workable alternative. We're a very wealthy nation but that is worth nothing if we throw our people away, because some prefer wealth. That must be shamed as selfish stupidity. So wealthy that U.K. is over 2 Trillion in debt and rising quickly "

Yet we can afford trident and hs2.

Herne Bay

[Removed by poster at 29/10/20 23:57:54]

Herne Bay

We're in denial if we think that that first lockdown was to be the only ever form of it we had to face. Nobody shows a valid workable alternative. We're a very wealthy nation but that is worth nothing if we throw our people away, because some prefer wealth. That must be shamed as selfish stupidity. So wealthy that U.K. is over 2 Trillion in debt and rising quickly

Yet we can afford trident and hs2."

Can’t afford it without borrowing a Trillion is a million million and U.K. has over 2 of those

London

If it gets that bad over here ( let’s hope it doesn’t), then we may end up with tighter restrictions or a possible lockdown.

I think sadly we already know infections are doubling every 9 days currently.

Inevitably that puts us at 400 deaths a day in 2-3 weeks time. We can also see no reversal of infection rates even in the tier III regions so in all likelihood we’ll be close to 800 deaths by the close of November.

It’s a sad fact but the damage is likely already done, if as many fear London is heading to a similar situation that the Northern cities are seeing then we can expect much worst.

"

Yeh I get your point

liverpool

We're in denial if we think that that first lockdown was to be the only ever form of it we had to face. Nobody shows a valid workable alternative. We're a very wealthy nation but that is worth nothing if we throw our people away, because some prefer wealth. That must be shamed as selfish stupidity. So wealthy that U.K. is over 2 Trillion in debt and rising quickly

Yet we can afford trident and hs2. Can’t afford it without borrowing a Trillion is a million million and U.K. has over 2 of those "

Maybe best not borrowing it then

"Actually going down here"

If you go on total infections yes, but it’s rising in older age groups, dropping in the widespread student communities, admissions are rising so are deaths. The royal in liverpool has also closed 50% of its surgical capacity too which is a sign of the picture the city faces.

"So wealthy that U.K. is over 2 Trillion in debt and rising quickly "

I love your posts, do you ever offer anything apart from a negative statement on affordability or a single statistic?

Never once heard your suggested route on how to manage this crisis... perhaps you’d like to offer one?

By *oubleswing2019Couple  over a year ago

Colchester

1. Create a new account (Ghost Fund) with money from thin air. Add a few trillion to it. From thin air. Because you can.

2. For 2 months, declare martial law. UK population essentially under house arrest apart from hyper-essential workers. You can leave home for medical, food, care-giving only.

3. Salaries are paid by the Ghost Fund. All salaries. Even if you are not working. If out of work, it pays a fixed sum equivalent to whatever benefits you'd be entitled to. No business needs to close as the Ghost Fund will cover salaries and last year's turnover.

4. Monitor infection cases daily. Assess weekly. Get the infection figure down to where it needs to be.

5. At the appropriate time, lift restrictions. Open up again. Ghost fund goes on hold. Keep monitoring.

6. Wash, rinse , repeat until infection brought under control / vaccine available. It could be a 2 month on, 2 month off cycle or some such.

I agree. Completely bonkers plan. Nothing else that is being tried is making huge and quick inroads. Go big. Tinkering around the edges is just that. Meet the virus head on.

Where's the money come from ? Does it matter ? It didn't exist in the first place. No one is out of pocket. It just appeared when it was needed, and it goes when this all blows over. HMRC/DWP know what we all earn. (Or should do if we have submitted fairly and correctly).

It's late, sorry to ramble.

Herne Bay

"So wealthy that U.K. is over 2 Trillion in debt and rising quickly

I love your posts, do you ever offer anything apart from a negative statement on affordability or a single statistic?

Never once heard your suggested route on how to manage this crisis... perhaps you’d like to offer one? "

The truth hurts never hear you dispute what we say because you can’t

[Removed by poster at 30/10/20 10:04:35]

Exactly... Unfortunately, I think we will end up in lockdown by Christmas... "

Yes, lets hope that there wont be a lockdown and that the economy could be saved during all of this

"NO.....to many people are facing such a crap time with job losses every where I think every thing back to normal.

"

Why if everything went back to normal so everyone could work why would you loose your job?.

Central

Never once heard your suggested route on how to manage this crisis... perhaps you’d like to offer one? The truth hurts never hear you dispute what we say because you can’t "

There's dust on the pavement outside my front door but I don't get the Dyson out for it.

When we run out of toilet paper, milk, bread etc from a total lockdown it wouldn't be pretty Oh and to those who harp on about they are not included that's true but that's called selective rules so you can have your cake or bread and eat it.

The truth is we will never have total lockdown in reality more than half the working population will still be working which isn't good for them.

dusk to dawn curfews.

military on the streets.

anyone outside without good cause to be detained and beaten up in the barracks.

anyone who runs for it gets shot.

Central

"dusk to dawn curfews.

military on the streets.

"

Pity it's not safe enough for a military gang bang

"We should have been in lock down this week for the 2 weeks the kids were off school. We will certainly go into one within the next month in my opinion...and it will more then likely be over xmas now and last a lot longer than the 2 weeks when it comes."

This is what the Welsh Assembly Government decided to do in Wales, to coincide with half term. We are currently 8 days into a 17 day lockdown. Hopefully this will do enough to enable us to avoid having a lockdown over Christmas

Never once heard your suggested route on how to manage this crisis... perhaps you’d like to offer one? The truth hurts never hear you dispute what we say because you can’t "

Ermmm, I have multiple times, I certainly can as I’ve sat all but 2 weeks of this pandemic in the red zone looking after the most critical of covid patients.

All your posts have suggested lockdown is a waste of time, deaths are so low etc... my point is simple, with the current measures in place we are operating beyond capacity in mine and a large number of trusts in the U.K., the remainder are quickly catching up....

So, again... what is your solution that frees us from lockdown and doesn’t swamp our hospitals?

We like to copulate, its only natuaral, well not the way we do it

"NO.....to many people are facing such a crap time with job losses every where I think every thing back to normal.

Why if everything went back to normal so everyone could work why would you loose your job?. "

Regardless of whether we lock down or not this virus is here to stay for a while and will cost jobs because we cannot just pretend that nothing is happening.

"dusk to dawn curfews.

military on the streets.

Pity it's not safe enough for a military gang bang "

Lol

"dusk to dawn curfews.

military on the streets.

Pity it's not safe enough for a military gang bang

Lol"

Thank god a little light hearted ness on the swinging sex site

Why if everything went back to normal so everyone could work why would you loose your job?.

Regardless of whether we lock down or not this virus is here to stay for a while and will cost jobs because we cannot just pretend that nothing is happening. "

But why can't we pretend nothing is happening and go back to normal? For the vast majority of the population they would catch the virus and survive and go back to work and back to normal or we can keep going through this performance we are currently going through with no real plan or end game unless some miracle happens while destroying people's lives and the economy

Regardless of whether we lock down or not this virus is here to stay for a while and will cost jobs because we cannot just pretend that nothing is happening.

But why can't we pretend nothing is happening and go back to normal? For the vast majority of the population they would catch the virus and survive and go back to work and back to normal or we can keep going through this performance we are currently going through with no real plan or end game unless some miracle happens while destroying people's lives and the economy "

Because survival doesn't equate to perfectly recovered. Long Covid is becoming increasingly common and worrying and there is growing evidence of permanent organ damage. This damage is not confined to the elderly or vulnerable and can happen regardless of the severity of this initial infection.

But why can't we pretend nothing is happening and go back to normal? For the vast majority of the population they would catch the virus and survive and go back to work and back to normal or we can keep going through this performance we are currently going through with no real plan or end game unless some miracle happens while destroying people's lives and the economy

Because survival doesn't equate to perfectly recovered. Long Covid is becoming increasingly common and worrying and there is growing evidence of permanent organ damage. This damage is not confined to the elderly or vulnerable and can happen regardless of the severity of this initial infection. "

so we carry on like this untill the goverments across the world go bankrupt and we have to go back to some form of normality anyway just to get the countries finances back up and running even tho there is no cure for the virus which I don't believe there will be and I really hope I'm wrong.

Because survival doesn't equate to perfectly recovered. Long Covid is becoming increasingly common and worrying and there is growing evidence of permanent organ damage. This damage is not confined to the elderly or vulnerable and can happen regardless of the severity of this initial infection. so we carry on like this untill the goverments across the world go bankrupt and we have to go back to some form of normality anyway just to get the countries finances back up and running even tho there is no cure for the virus which I don't believe there will be and I really hope I'm wrong. "

If people would actually follow the guidance properly then we would be able to significantly reduce the damage to the economy, however there will be things people cannot do. There are some promising things coming through on the vaccine front and our understanding of the disease is growing daily. I fortunately these things take time and however much we are in a rush to be over and done with this, they will still take that time. We will end up either adapting or being able to return to a much more normal life, but that is not now.

Because survival doesn't equate to perfectly recovered. Long Covid is becoming increasingly common and worrying and there is growing evidence of permanent organ damage. This damage is not confined to the elderly or vulnerable and can happen regardless of the severity of this initial infection. so we carry on like this untill the goverments across the world go bankrupt and we have to go back to some form of normality anyway just to get the countries finances back up and running even tho there is no cure for the virus which I don't believe there will be and I really hope I'm wrong.

If people would actually follow the guidance properly then we would be able to significantly reduce the damage to the economy, however there will be things people cannot do. There are some promising things coming through on the vaccine front and our understanding of the disease is growing daily. I fortunately these things take time and however much we are in a rush to be over and done with this, they will still take that time. We will end up either adapting or being able to return to a much more normal life, but that is not now."

I completely agree and I think the problem is most people see it as full lockdown or pretend nothing is happening and carry on as normal.

It's not that simple and if we just let this virus run so many people would be off work and sick then the economy would collapse along with the NHS. If people just stuck to the guidelines and accepted life is different for the time being then we really could get a grip of this and save parts of the economy

London

Because survival doesn't equate to perfectly recovered. Long Covid is becoming increasingly common and worrying and there is growing evidence of permanent organ damage. This damage is not confined to the elderly or vulnerable and can happen regardless of the severity of this initial infection. so we carry on like this untill the goverments across the world go bankrupt and we have to go back to some form of normality anyway just to get the countries finances back up and running even tho there is no cure for the virus which I don't believe there will be and I really hope I'm wrong.

If people would actually follow the guidance properly then we would be able to significantly reduce the damage to the economy, however there will be things people cannot do. There are some promising things coming through on the vaccine front and our understanding of the disease is growing daily. I fortunately these things take time and however much we are in a rush to be over and done with this, they will still take that time. We will end up either adapting or being able to return to a much more normal life, but that is not now.

I completely agree and I think the problem is most people see it as full lockdown or pretend nothing is happening and carry on as normal.

It's not that simple and if we just let this virus run so many people would be off work and sick then the economy would collapse along with the NHS. If people just stuck to the guidelines and accepted life is different for the time being then we really could get a grip of this and save parts of the economy"

"....It's not that simple and if we just let this virus run so many people would be off work and sick then the economy would collapse along with the NHS..."

--------------------------

That's true

You can't have a health economy if too many people are off sick ( with covid).

Central

It's coming. Countdown underway

So we go into lockdown, come out at the beginning of December, 3 weeks before Xmas everyone rushes out to do Xmas shopping and Xmas parties, ( even if they are not allowed you know they will take place ) cases rise and into lockdown number 3 just in time for Xmas and new year, this will happen over and over and over , lockdowns do nothing but keeps us waiting for higher numbers. Why do we have higher cases??? Because we now have tests.

the wetlands

"So we go into lockdown, come out at the beginning of December, 3 weeks before Xmas everyone rushes out to do Xmas shopping and Xmas parties, ( even if they are not allowed you know they will take place ) cases rise and into lockdown number 3 just in time for Xmas and new year, this will happen over and over and over , lockdowns do nothing but keeps us waiting for higher numbers. Why do we have higher cases??? Because we now have tests. "

Th next one will probably be January due to the people that have no self restraint inviting 20 neighbours round for a piss up at Christmas.

the wetlands

"So we go into lockdown, come out at the beginning of December, 3 weeks before Xmas everyone rushes out to do Xmas shopping and Xmas parties, ( even if they are not allowed you know they will take place ) cases rise and into lockdown number 3 just in time for Xmas and new year, this will happen over and over and over , lockdowns do nothing but keeps us waiting for higher numbers. Why do we have higher cases??? Because we now have tests. "

And how does more testing increase hospital admissions ? Do they drag them in just to fill beds ?

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

The collateral damage and deaths will far outweigh how many will die from Covid. "

Exactly.

Central

You realise that your concept that more testing causing the problem is discredited? Have you advocated for fewer breast checks etc, as a way to reduce problems from cancer?

Exactly. "

So what is the solution, just let infection rates double every week?

Exactly.

So what is the solution, just let infection rates double every week? "

Ppl have to face reality.. its a virus.. viruses and bacteria all on the microscopic level will infect ppl no matter how hard you try to prevent it. And how 'hard' do wee have to try to prevent it? What will that require? Nobody leaves their homes at all? Marshal law?

The reality is ppl will get infected.. ppl WILL die.. thats how its always been when a highly contagious virus which can kill arises on an international scale. If ppl want to put themselves at risk of infection, thats their choice. Better to let the virus take its course and do what we can to prevent further infections in a sensible way than to damn our entire nation financially, destroy businesses ppl have spent their lives building up, not to mention the severe impact on ppls mental health. As a number of ppl on this thread have mentioned.. the cure is becoming far more destructive that the virus.. and even the cure is failing to prevent infections and theres no evidence that it has prevented infections in a way that outweighs the damage thats being caused and the repercussions we will be feeling in years to come

I don't know why we're moving away from the localised lockdowns when infection rates are low and ICUs are not under pressure in so many areas? Do people only listen and take notice if it's the same rule for everyone?

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Interesting article in the paper indicating that the scientists used data that was out of data by 4 weeks to produce their modelling data (written by Carl Henghan, Director of the Centre for Evidence Based Medicine) and another one indicating that they cherry picked parts of the graphs to force a lockdown.

------

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8907339/How-No10s-experts-shamelessly-manipulated-data-terrify-England-locking-down.html

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"Interesting article in the paper indicating that the scientists used data that was out of data by 4 weeks to produce their modelling data (written by Carl Henghan, Director of the Centre for Evidence Based Medicine) and another one indicating that they cherry picked parts of the graphs to force a lockdown.

------

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8907339/How-No10s-experts-shamelessly-manipulated-data-terrify-England-locking-down.html"

That does make interesting reading.

By *heCheekyDevilMan  over a year ago

Durham

there's a UK legal case in courts now being crowd funded to challenge the legality of lockdowns. I cant post a link but if you search the tinterweb for crowd justice lockdown you'll find it.

Its not helping anyone, stats show more deaths during lockdowns than not, and you cant stop it anyway,

A proportional response is required to help the vulnerable, while the rest get on with life & use good hygiene.

» Add a new message to this topic