FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Rule of 6

Rule of 6

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *roperty of the boss OP   Couple  over a year ago

North and South of

Will you be having Christmas dinner with your family/extended family this year even if it means you're breaking the law,

I normally go to my brothers house as my sister in law cooks, Both sets of parents go and her brother/sister and partners are usually there, In the past that is between 10 - 14 people, I doubt my parents will go this time but as long as they invite me I will be going.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *orthern PowerhouseMan  over a year ago

Chesterfield

I think it will be low key for most I would guess maybe 6 or 8 people it depends on restrictions to some point but more to who follows them or not.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We wont all be having dinner together.

But we have 3 kids and 7 grandkids who will all be visiting throughout the day.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Start a limited company for £6.

Employ all the members of your family on zero hour contracts and have them round as employee's.

"Start a limited company for £6.

Employ all the members of your family on zero hour contracts and have them round as employee's.

"

Yes as a business meeting

North and South of

I doubt many will follow the rules, People who have elderly/sick parents will probably stay away,

I will also be traveling south to see my partner at some point after the 25th

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

A normal Christmas is 5 of us, 1 of whom is my Dad and he's in our bubble. So, can be normal for us if we go for it.

By *orthern PowerhouseMan  over a year ago

Chesterfield

"I doubt many will follow the rules, People who have elderly/sick parents will probably stay away,

I will also be traveling south to see my partner at some point after the 25th "

Have a good excuse they are currently fitting more ANPR cameras to some motorways to see who is travelling and they will be in operation by end November.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"I doubt many will follow the rules, People who have elderly/sick parents will probably stay away,

Have a good excuse they are currently fitting more ANPR cameras to some motorways to see who is travelling and they will be in operation by end November. "

I'm sure many will thank you for the heads up

North and South of

Have a good excuse they are currently fitting more ANPR cameras to some motorways to see who is travelling and they will be in operation by end November. "

I'm not sure of the current guidelines with traveling from one area to another but I'm living alone so class my partner as my support bubble

I love Christmas and I am dreading the fall of not being able to see family and friends however if that is the rules I will be sticking to them. I'd rather miss one Christmas with them than every Christmas.

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

Previously Xmas years involved me and K going to a big 12+ family meal at my parents with my 5 nieces and nephews, brother, sister and their partners. Then after we would go to K's mum and step dads for tea along with her Nana. Finally returning home 7pmish knackered and ready to watch for Dr Who

For Xmas 2020 mine and K's first child is due 22nd of Nov so Xmas day will just be me, K the baby and our dog. K's mum and step dad are going to be our childcare support in 2021 especially when I go back to work 1st so depending on the situation by Xmas day they may come to ours Xmas day for a quick visit.

KJ

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"Will you be having Christmas dinner with your family/extended family this year even if it means you're breaking the law,

I normally go to my brothers house as my sister in law cooks, Both sets of parents go and her brother/sister and partners are usually there, In the past that is between 10 - 14 people, I doubt my parents will go this time but as long as they invite me I will be going."

We're having a funeral for our pet Turkey on Christmas day then we can have 30 people

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 29/10/20 21:51:30]

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Christmas Day is normally just the lad and I, so that won’t change. However, visits prior and after with my parents for Christmas/Birthday celebrations won’t be happening this year

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

I will invite 5 single fabbers around for Christmas dinner I think .

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

I don't do xmas.

I'm not a christian and there's only me - seems a bit of a waste of effort, although I should point out that I don't begrudge those who do it.

"I will invite 5 single fabbers around for Christmas dinner I think . "

Thats a good plan.

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

"I will invite 5 single fabbers around for Christmas dinner I think .

Thats a good plan. "

You and Ash can join us on the big screen Lorna.

By *NTW80Couple  over a year ago

South Normanton

Think there will be fair few homes where rule of 6 will be ignored for one day. Think the government know this will happen too.

"I will invite 5 single fabbers around for Christmas dinner I think .

Thats a good plan.

You and Ash can join us on the big screen Lorna. "

Awww thanks

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Keeping it legal and simple. It's just an ovrrhyped commercial festival for adults. If people have enough free time, they can meet progressively over a short period.

Happy for the quiet low key time

By *rs mischiefWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

"

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"

But don't forget to right the risk assessment and have the hand sanitizer stations sorted and a table big enuf to social distances do I go into food in the work place and environmental issues wast removed from a comeshal property etc if only that simple I can only now have 8 in a 8m x 5m Stafroom. I guess you could put a large tent up in the garden

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

" I guess you could put a large tent up in the garden

"

The millions of us in tier three can't even meet in gardens any more

"I don't do xmas.

I'm not a christian and there's only me - seems a bit of a waste of effort, although I should point out that I don't begrudge those who do it. "

Im not a Christian but I enjoy xmas and Easter (if for different reasons to Christians).

I’m not a pagean but celebrate Halloween and Mayfair, if for different things.

It is just a big roast dinner isn’t it? And if you fancy pulling a cracker over the table then do so but I hope you don’t spend the season alone x

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

"Will you be having Christmas dinner with your family/extended family this year even if it means you're breaking the law,

I normally go to my brothers house as my sister in law cooks, Both sets of parents go and her brother/sister and partners are usually there, In the past that is between 10 - 14 people, I doubt my parents will go this time but as long as they invite me I will be going.

Hahaha. Love this

We're having a funeral for our pet Turkey on Christmas day then we can have 30 people "

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Currently, even under Tier 3, there's no ban on travelling.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

It’s so obvious people will ignore the rules at xmas

Just watch out for the news afterwards

Gonna be wonderful

Xxx

By *racy_JacksWoman  over a year ago

Derby

My family are in a tier 3 area. I won’t be seeing them and haven’t since last Christmas. I’m looking forward to a year off from it

"It’s so obvious people will ignore the rules at xmas

Just watch out for the news afterwards

Gonna be wonderful

Xxx"

Wonderful in what way ?

"Keeping it legal and simple. It's just an ovrrhyped commercial festival for adults. If people have enough free time, they can meet progressively over a short period.

Happy for the quiet low key time"

It's a time for family to us.

They cant stick the commercial shite.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

The rule of six is augmented by pre-existing bubbles. Is you have already been spending considerable time together then you are already part of the same bubble. As long as you're not adding people from outside of the bubble then everything is hunky dori.

By *reampie_vickyTV/TS  over a year ago

Wigan

I normally go to my brothers house as my sister in law cooks, Both sets of parents go and her brother/sister and partners are usually there, In the past that is between 10 - 14 people, I doubt my parents will go this time but as long as they invite me I will be going."

A normal xmas for me is with around 10/12 people and that won't change this year, I've not been following any of these silly rules all year so xmas will not be any different.

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

"

A normal xmas for me is with around 10/12 people and that won't change this year, I've not been following any of these silly rules all year so xmas will not be any different."

Careful people we’ve got an internet hard guy here

I’ll be sticking to the rules. God knows why as so many people don’t seem to be.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

My Mother has already got her sprouts on and boiling away, ready for the big day. Someone has to eat them!

Leeds

"The rule of six is augmented by pre-existing bubbles. Is you have already been spending considerable time together then you are already part of the same bubble. As long as you're not adding people from outside of the bubble then everything is hunky dori."

My mum comes round every day but she can't be my bubble because she lives with another person. My partner comes round most days but he can't be my bubble as he lives with his parents as a carer. So when Leeds goes into tier 3 on Monday I can't see either of them except in a park. My daughter lives in tier 3 Manchester and my son in tier 3 Sheffield so they can't even travel to meet me in a park. Very depressing.

"

A normal xmas for me is with around 10/12 people and that won't change this year, I've not been following any of these silly rules all year so xmas will not be any different.

Careful people we’ve got an internet hard guy here "

Us our kids and grandkids = 12

We will be seeing each other on Christmas day

Glasgow

"

I've not been following any of these silly rules all year so xmas will not be any different."

An attitude which probably explains why Leeds has been elevated into Tier 3 from Monday. Congratulations

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

I've not been following any of these silly rules all year so xmas will not be any different.

An attitude which probably explains why Leeds has been elevated into Tier 3 from Monday. Congratulations "

Exactly....!

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

I'm going to suggest

Tiers are meaningless

Bubbles are a sham

The mirriad of dis jointed in effective layers of lip service are a just arbitrary attempts to pretend there is a plan and control

Simple simple fact

Your grand parents and vulnerable family members are not safe

Neither bubbles or rule of six makes it safe

If at any point a vulnerable spends any time un protected in anothers company they will eventually catch covid

My opinion

This xmas a lot of families will think enough is enough and the grand parents and vulnerable family members will mix and cross contamination prepare for a statisticall up tick of death after xmas

But please please do not think "bubbling" is even remotely safe it only helps track and trace NOT infection

Same with rule of six it's a rate of death controller NOT a death prevention method

Mix kids with the older generation or vulnerable and statistically death with follow

North West

Sensual, let the bubble-ees make that decision. My Dad (81) is in our bubble because he lives alone. He is DESPERATE to come, not just at Christmas but any other time. If he catches Covid and dies, his philosophy is he'll die happy because he's seen one out of his four grandchildren (he can't see the other three unfortunately due to Covid rules). The good news is everyone in this house already had it, I have antibodies (recently) and so the likelihood of us getting again is small. Not impossible, but small. It's my Dad pushing to come here, not us desperate for him to come. Many people in their 80s are making similar decisions and I can fully understand it. I'd hate my Dad to die all alone at home, having had no social contact for 9 months (from March to Dec). He lives alone over an hour away from us so we can see him regularly despite the bubble rule anyway.

North West

"Sensual, let the bubble-ees make that decision. My Dad (81) is in our bubble because he lives alone. He is DESPERATE to come, not just at Christmas but any other time. If he catches Covid and dies, his philosophy is he'll die happy because he's seen one out of his four grandchildren (he can't see the other three unfortunately due to Covid rules). The good news is everyone in this house already had it, I have antibodies (recently) and so the likelihood of us getting again is small. Not impossible, but small. It's my Dad pushing to come here, not us desperate for him to come. Many people in their 80s are making similar decisions and I can fully understand it. I'd hate my Dad to die all alone at home, having had no social contact for 9 months (from March to Dec). He lives alone over an hour away from us so we can see him regularly despite the bubble rule anyway."

*CAN'T see him regularly. I need to get glasses

ashby de la zouch

"Sensual, let the bubble-ees make that decision. My Dad (81) is in our bubble because he lives alone. He is DESPERATE to come, not just at Christmas but any other time. If he catches Covid and dies, his philosophy is he'll die happy because he's seen one out of his four grandchildren (he can't see the other three unfortunately due to Covid rules). The good news is everyone in this house already had it, I have antibodies (recently) and so the likelihood of us getting again is small. Not impossible, but small. It's my Dad pushing to come here, not us desperate for him to come. Many people in their 80s are making similar decisions and I can fully understand it. I'd hate my Dad to die all alone at home, having had no social contact for 9 months (from March to Dec). He lives alone over an hour away from us so we can see him regularly despite the bubble rule anyway."

I'm sure all the nurses are most excited about experiencing the most horrid death of thousands of people that dont mind if they die ???

I assume non of those who "dont mind" would not want to sign a DNR?

North West

"Sensual, let the bubble-ees make that decision. My Dad (81) is in our bubble because he lives alone. He is DESPERATE to come, not just at Christmas but any other time. If he catches Covid and dies, his philosophy is he'll die happy because he's seen one out of his four grandchildren (he can't see the other three unfortunately due to Covid rules). The good news is everyone in this house already had it, I have antibodies (recently) and so the likelihood of us getting again is small. Not impossible, but small. It's my Dad pushing to come here, not us desperate for him to come. Many people in their 80s are making similar decisions and I can fully understand it. I'd hate my Dad to die all alone at home, having had no social contact for 9 months (from March to Dec). He lives alone over an hour away from us so we can see him regularly despite the bubble rule anyway.

I'm sure all the nurses are most excited about experiencing the most horrid death of thousands of people that dont mind if they die ???

"

My Dad already has one, voluntarily. This is a man who insists I should shoot him or throw him off Scout Scar rather than place him in a care home, should he ever get to that stage. He's been telling me that since I was about 14, so 20-odd years. I don't make his decisions.

Leeds

"

My Dad already has one, voluntarily. This is a man who insists I should shoot him or throw him off Scout Scar rather than place him in a care home, should he ever get to that stage. He's been telling me that since I was about 14, so 20-odd years. I don't make his decisions. "

This is exactly the same for my mum (82). She is of totally sound mind. She says seeing me and her grandchildren every day since March will have been worth it even if she catches Covid from us and dies. She signed a DNR years ago and has made a lanyard to wear if she is admitted to hospital, with her signature saying "covid - no ventilator"

North West

"

My Dad already has one, voluntarily. This is a man who insists I should shoot him or throw him off Scout Scar rather than place him in a care home, should he ever get to that stage. He's been telling me that since I was about 14, so 20-odd years. I don't make his decisions.

This is exactly the same for my mum (82). She is of totally sound mind. She says seeing me and her grandchildren every day since March will have been worth it even if she catches Covid from us and dies. She signed a DNR years ago and has made a lanyard to wear if she is admitted to hospital, with her signature saying "covid - no ventilator" "

I feel awful dissuading my Dad from coming here on the train more regularly tbh. I use working from home as an excuse to minimise him travelling on trains and the risk, but he's quite literally stuck at home, totally alone in tier 3 (we're a different region but also tier 3). His lady friend, who would usually come here every few months lives in Spain and they've not seen each other physically since February. He did a little PT tourism job before lockdown which was his social life - that's gone. We're following the bubble rule and that's that.

By *incskittenWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

"

This is exactly the same for my mum (82). She is of totally sound mind. She says seeing me and her grandchildren every day since March will have been worth it even if she catches Covid from us and dies. She signed a DNR years ago and has made a lanyard to wear if she is admitted to hospital, with her signature saying "covid - no ventilator"

I feel awful dissuading my Dad from coming here on the train more regularly tbh. I use working from home as an excuse to minimise him travelling on trains and the risk, but he's quite literally stuck at home, totally alone in tier 3 (we're a different region but also tier 3). His lady friend, who would usually come here every few months lives in Spain and they've not seen each other physically since February. He did a little PT tourism job before lockdown which was his social life - that's gone. We're following the bubble rule and that's that."

Can he not live with you temporarily?

North West

"

I feel awful dissuading my Dad from coming here on the train more regularly tbh. I use working from home as an excuse to minimise him travelling on trains and the risk, but he's quite literally stuck at home, totally alone in tier 3 (we're a different region but also tier 3). His lady friend, who would usually come here every few months lives in Spain and they've not seen each other physically since February. He did a little PT tourism job before lockdown which was his social life - that's gone. We're following the bubble rule and that's that.

Can he not live with you temporarily?"

Unfortunately not.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

There will be 14 of us together ... not giving that up

By *incskittenWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

"There will be 14 of us together ... not giving that up "

UNBELIEVABLE!

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

"There will be 14 of us together ... not giving that up

UNBELIEVABLE! "

Not at all !!!!

Leeds

"There will be 14 of us together ... not giving that up

UNBELIEVABLE! "

How many households ?

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

We will stick by the rules. We have vulnerable people in our family, so don't want to put them at risk. The grandchildren will still have a lovely day

By *atelotmanMan  over a year ago

Chatham

It will just be me on Christmas day,I normally make a big lunch an take it down to the riverside where the homeless ex service guys meet. But wont this year as none around,all have found help an a roof over their heads. So one good thing has come from covid19 for them.

Glasgow

"It will just be me on Christmas day,I normally make a big lunch an take it down to the riverside where the homeless ex service guys meet. But wont this year as none around,all have found help an a roof over their heads. So one good thing has come from covid19 for them."

chelmsford

"It will just be me on Christmas day,I normally make a big lunch an take it down to the riverside where the homeless ex service guys meet. But wont this year as none around,all have found help an a roof over their heads. So one good thing has come from covid19 for them."

How kind and that's good

By *igh wide and handsomeMan  over a year ago

Dagenham

"I love Christmas and I am dreading the fall of not being able to see family and friends however if that is the rules I will be sticking to them. I'd rather miss one Christmas with them than every Christmas. "

But were not promised lots of Xmas's so why not enjoy this one why we can???

I don't think I'll be going to see my parents for Xmas. I can't visit them anyway because of the restrictions and they live in a different council area. They're in their 80's and have underlying health conditions so best I probably stay at home by myself. It's only one day after all and I'll be phoning them anyway

chelmsford

very wise

Leeds

What a nice person you are. I’ll also be alone on Xmas day. I’m happy because I can do my own thing, make dinner when I want, lounge in PJs all day.....heaven after a long year of working with just one week holiday! I can’t wait. I’ll shut out the world and spend the day with my two cats

"My Mother has already got her sprouts on and boiling away, ready for the big day. Someone has to eat them!"

Will they be done in time?

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Maybe count the numbers nearer the time that you are having over for Christmas Day as unfortunately some may loose some family or friends before then by the sounds of it

I will be having the Christmas I want..end of

Leeds

"I will be having the Christmas I want..end of "

Putting lives at risk then?

"I will be having the Christmas I want..end of

Putting lives at risk then? "

How do you know how many of them will be in the house.

"Maybe count the numbers nearer the time that you are having over for Christmas Day as unfortunately some may loose some family or friends before then by the sounds of it "

I am the oldest of our 12

"I will be having the Christmas I want..end of

Putting lives at risk then?

How do you know how many of them will be in the house.

"

Who said that...don not assume what you don’t know. I will be doing Christmas as I see fit ..happy Christmas people xxx

I'll be spreading Christmas this year, not difficult really ...

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

"Sensual, let the bubble-ees make that decision. My Dad (81) is in our bubble because he lives alone. He is DESPERATE to come, not just at Christmas but any other time. If he catches Covid and dies, his philosophy is he'll die happy because he's seen one out of his four grandchildren (he can't see the other three unfortunately due to Covid rules). The good news is everyone in this house already had it, I have antibodies (recently) and so the likelihood of us getting again is small. Not impossible, but small. It's my Dad pushing to come here, not us desperate for him to come. Many people in their 80s are making similar decisions and I can fully understand it. I'd hate my Dad to die all alone at home, having had no social contact for 9 months (from March to Dec). He lives alone over an hour away from us so we can see him regularly despite the bubble rule anyway.

"

As a nurse, I've seen worse

North West

As a nurse, I've seen worse"

Worse than what exactly? This is my single, lives alone father following bubble rules. We're doing everything by the book. The fact he doesn't seem bothered about catching Covid from a family who already had it is his business.

Reading this thread has increased our block list

ashby de la zouch

As a nurse, I've seen worse"

Indeed I certainly meant a most horrid death not the most x

Worse than what exactly? This is my single, lives alone father following bubble rules. We're doing everything by the book. The fact he doesn't seem bothered about catching Covid from a family who already had it is his business."

Keep calm .

Your reality is different to theirs.

I have learned that every single person has a different reality on here.

Whats right for one person is not right for the other.

By the way I hate the term covid idiot.

So do fucking condescending.

Leeds

This thread is a good reason for filters.

"This thread is a good reason for filters. "

Aye for sure.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

[Removed by poster at 31/10/20 08:40:04]

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Won’t be rule of 6 if stuck in lockdown.. it will mean no household mixing..

Its freedom of choice...he understands and accepts. My Grandad had diabetes at 81..he still ate cakes n stuff because he said he wasn t gonna start worrying about death at that age. And if you are all happy...bloody right.

"This thread is a good reason for filters. "

Worse than what exactly? This is my single, lives alone father following bubble rules. We're doing everything by the book. The fact he doesn't seem bothered about catching Covid from a family who already had it is his business.

Keep calm .

Your reality is different to theirs.

I have learned that every single person has a different reality on here.

Whats right for one person is not right for the other.

By the way I hate the term covid idiot.

So do fucking condescending. "

So true

"

I have a DNR for all reasons on my medical docs...best not to assume..assumption is not based on fact or knowledge....and because of my work being solo in the wilds 6 to 7 days a week Im not breaking any of the rules...but still have a dnr

By *inglickMan  over a year ago

WAKEFIELD

Rule of 6 for gathering but 30 for funerals so this Xmas we will be celebrating the cremation of our turkey

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I cancelled my Christmas months ago. Not worth it.

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

We were discussing this yesterday about Xmas plans. My brother and his fiancée bought their first house this year and I think the idea was to go around to theirs for either Xmas day or Boxing Day

Even though they live 6 miles away they were in tier 1 and we live in tier 2, so we could not meet under the old rules. Which is a bit crap as we both live within m25 but he is in herts.

We are thinking maybe just to get a Turkey joint for the three of us (mum, dad and me - we live together) and then play it by ear in case the rules are relaxed for Xmas day and Boxing Day. Luckily I have got their presents already though but worried if the lockdown gets extended much more in to December how will we get presents over to them. Though I suppose I could go for a 6 mile walk and drop them off.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Nope we are all staying at home and having our own personal celebrations

By *couseratMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

We are putting the house on the market for Christmas day only, the family is booked in to view it in 2 hour slots.

In all seriousness we usually have about 13 people at a table for Christmas, this year it will be slightly quieter.

» Add a new message to this topic