FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Animal testing to find a cure?

Animal testing to find a cure?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just wondering what people's views are on testing vaccines on animals so they can find a cure for covid 19?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *igh wide and handsomeMan  over a year ago

Dagenham

What have they got to do with it.

Id much rather it tested on fab virus forum users.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Just wondering what people's views are on testing vaccines on animals so they can find a cure for covid 19?"

How would testing vaccines on animals find a cure?

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman  over a year ago

Club Play

They should test on prisoners who are in for child abuse, murder, r*pe etc.

Would give a lot more accurate information to how the human body will react

"Just wondering what people's views are on testing vaccines on animals so they can find a cure for covid 19?

How would testing vaccines on animals find a cure?"

Well they need to test on respiratory infection so it has to be on something with lungs.

Currently animals are being used followed by humans in stage 3 trials.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Just wondering what people's views are on testing vaccines on animals so they can find a cure for covid 19?

Well they need to test on respiratory infection so it has to be on something with lungs.

Currently animals are being used followed by humans in stage 3 trials. "

My point really is that vaccines aren't a cure, they're prevention.

My point really is that vaccines aren't a cure, they're prevention. "

Semantics

By *spotpleasurerMan  over a year ago

Norwich

Are you opposed to finding a cure to Covid, or all medicines?

Every drug that you've taken will have gone through extensive animal testing before entering human clinical trials. Sure, we can cut out the animals as long as you're prepared to see a lot more humans dying or becoming very ill during trials.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'd prefer animals weren't used for testing of anything for human benefit. Vaccines have standard protocols for being tested for safety and efficacy. Many tens of thousands of people are involved in typical final stages of testing.

I'm uncertain about the Russian vaccines as there's been no published research evidence for them and apparently preparing for large public delivery

My point really is that vaccines aren't a cure, they're prevention. "

There are 2 sorts of research going on currently they are looking for many ways of dealing with covid. Some is to give a mild dose as they do with the flue vaccine others are into mutation of the virus so it struggles to infect people and animals and other avenues are being explored.

I was more looking at the view of people using animal testing to get things back to normal for the future.

Club Play

"Are you opposed to finding a cure to Covid, or all medicines?

Every drug that you've taken will have gone through extensive animal testing before entering human clinical trials. Sure, we can cut out the animals as long as you're prepared to see a lot more humans dying or becoming very ill during trials."

Asking as it's those who are imprisoned for the most despicable acts yes .. I could live with that, it would sit a hell of a lot better than keep testing on animals.

Club Play

Every drug that you've taken will have gone through extensive animal testing before entering human clinical trials. Sure, we can cut out the animals as long as you're prepared to see a lot more humans dying or becoming very ill during trials.

Asking as it's those who are imprisoned for the most despicable acts yes .. I could live with that, it would sit a hell of a lot better than keep testing on animals. "

As long* not asking

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Just wondering what people's views are on testing vaccines on animals so they can find a cure for covid 19?"

I don't like animal testing but it has been used for so long for drug trials it has most probably saved millions of human lives.

Animal trials for cosmetics etc was always bang out of order though.

Asking as it's those who are imprisoned for the most despicable acts yes .. I could live with that, it would sit a hell of a lot better than keep testing on animals. "

Fully agreed

By *xhib12Man  over a year ago

Blyth

Should be tested on politicians. If they survive great, we've got a good vaccine. If they don't we'll have a better country

How would testing vaccines on animals find a cure?"

So you dont know of the trials on chimpanzees for a vaccine ?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

So you dont know of the trials on chimpanzees for a vaccine ?"

See my reply to the op above.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

My point really is that vaccines aren't a cure, they're prevention.

There are 2 sorts of research going on currently they are looking for many ways of dealing with covid. Some is to give a mild dose as they do with the flue vaccine others are into mutation of the virus so it struggles to infect people and animals and other avenues are being explored.

I was more looking at the view of people using animal testing to get things back to normal for the future. "

Oh right. Yes I'm aware of the research you're referring to. I don't like animal testing but I'm also aware that last testing on animals has benefited me. I'd rather they didn't do it in future.

By *oubleswing2019Couple  over a year ago

Colchester

There is no need to test on animals, which have widely different biological responses than humans to the etiology of a disease. You'd just get skewed data/

Test on humans.

Who ?

Pretty much anyone who wants to trial it. And pay them for the test. And support them till EOL as necessary if they have adverse reactions.

This will give you the most reliable and accurate data on on your own species.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

The virus is a human virus, is doesn't infect other animals

By *NTW80Couple  over a year ago

South Normanton

"They should test on prisoners who are in for child abuse, murder, r*pe etc.

Would give a lot more accurate information to how the human body will react "

Totally agree with you on this.

Club Play

I guess people don't know about the vaccine trials from 2006 that went horridly wrong.. worked well on monkeys yet totally different when it came to humans & not in a good way

By *candiumWoman  over a year ago

oban

I don't have a problem with testing on animals. Never have. I used to go out of my way to find cosmetics tested on animals as I feel they are safer. Alas cosmetic animal testing is now banned in Europe.

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Pointless.

The virus is a human one and testing on animals will not tell you how the vaccine will work for a human.

It's a good job penicillin wasn't tested on Guinea pigs, as it is lethal to them.

Pointless.

The virus is a human one and testing on animals will not tell you how the vaccine will work for a human.

It's a good job penicillin wasn't tested on Guinea pigs, as it is lethal to them."

Well it did first come from the animal population as have bird flue and other viruses in the past so you are a touch wrong then and they are currently resting vaccines for corona round the world on non humans first before human subjects.

"I guess people don't know about the vaccine trials from 2006 that went horridly wrong.. worked well on monkeys yet totally different when it came to humans & not in a good way"

People do the whole testing criteria has changed since then and not a single human test subject is used and no more for a minimum of 24 hours.

The fact things can go wrong is why so much testing goes on.

By *tooveMan  over a year ago

belfast

Totally against animal testing. Use paedophiles.

belfast

"Totally against animal testing. Use paedophiles. "

Club Play

"I guess people don't know about the vaccine trials from 2006 that went horridly wrong.. worked well on monkeys yet totally different when it came to humans & not in a good way

People do the whole testing criteria has changed since then and not a single human test subject is used and no more for a minimum of 24 hours.

The fact things can go wrong is why so much testing goes on."

All the more reason to use human test subjects & not animals then surely?

"I guess people don't know about the vaccine trials from 2006 that went horridly wrong.. worked well on monkeys yet totally different when it came to humans & not in a good way

All the more reason to use human test subjects & not animals then surely? "

Well we kill animals for food weekly daily hourly and some drugs or what have been developed can't just be rolled out onto the human population. Would it be better to go to a third world country and test it on people desperate for money there?

By *NTW80Couple  over a year ago

South Normanton

Thought you was against testing on animals aren’t paedophiles a low level form of animal coz they def ain’t human.

Club Play

Well we kill animals for food weekly daily hourly and some drugs or what have been developed can't just be rolled out onto the human population. Would it be better to go to a third world country and test it on people desperate for money there? "

Why would they need to travel to a third world country when we have prisons full of folk who won't need paying to be a ginuea pig.

There's a bit of a difference killing an animal for food & using said animal for whatever experimental purposes. I am not denying that animals aren't valuable to science & research, who ever thought we would be able to grow ears on the back of mice or that pigs organs could be a potential match for someone in need etc I just think that when it comes to testing drugs it should probably best be done on the creature it is being designed for use on which In this case is humans. Preferably those in prisons.

belfast

"Totally against animal testing. Use paedophiles.

Thought you was against testing on animals aren’t paedophiles a low level form of animal coz they def ain’t human. "

Unfortunately they're the same species. Better using them for something than letting them live.

Well we kill animals for food weekly daily hourly and some drugs or what have been developed can't just be rolled out onto the human population. Would it be better to go to a third world country and test it on people desperate for money there?

Why would they need to travel to a third world country when we have prisons full of folk who won't need paying to be a ginuea pig.

There's a bit of a difference killing an animal for food & using said animal for whatever experimental purposes. I am not denying that animals aren't valuable to science & research, who ever thought we would be able to grow ears on the back of mice or that pigs organs could be a potential match for someone in need etc I just think that when it comes to testing drugs it should probably best be done on the creature it is being designed for use on which In this case is humans. Preferably those in prisons. "

Because prisoners are highly unlikely to volunteer, most are in prison for selfish acts or greed. Why are you suggesting they are forced to take the tests?

Club Play

There's a bit of a difference killing an animal for food & using said animal for whatever experimental purposes. I am not denying that animals aren't valuable to science & research, who ever thought we would be able to grow ears on the back of mice or that pigs organs could be a potential match for someone in need etc I just think that when it comes to testing drugs it should probably best be done on the creature it is being designed for use on which In this case is humans. Preferably those in prisons.

Because prisoners are highly unlikely to volunteer, most are in prison for selfish acts or greed. Why are you suggesting they are forced to take the tests?"

Not all prisoners, those of the most deplorable crimes against kids & those serving life, why shouldn't they be forced to be a test subject? Human rights? They shouldn't have any. Imo of course.

Because prisoners are highly unlikely to volunteer, most are in prison for selfish acts or greed. Why are you suggesting they are forced to take the tests?

Not all prisoners, those of the most deplorable crimes against kids & those serving life, why shouldn't they be forced to be a test subject? Human rights? They shouldn't have any. Imo of course. "

And what if someone is forced to be used for testing and subsequently found to be innocent? Its not like it hasn't happened.

And if they do volunteer should they have a reduced sentence? If there aren't enough prisoners should we use the long term unemployed who have had multiple sanctions for not wanting to work?

Its sticky ground forcing people as I see it.

Thought you was against testing on animals aren’t paedophiles a low level form of animal coz they def ain’t human.

Unfortunately they're the same species. Better using them for something than letting them live. "

Not nice people on the surface no not at all but some have mental illnesses, what about including terrorists and if we run out what about the mentally insane its a dark hole you are suggesting.

Club Play

"

And what if someone is forced to be used for testing and subsequently found to be innocent? Its not like it hasn't happened.

And if they do volunteer should they have a reduced sentence? If there aren't enough prisoners should we use the long term unemployed who have had multiple sanctions for not wanting to work?

Its sticky ground forcing people as I see it.

"

You raise some good points & it's probably a good job I'm not in charge of the testing criteria

Reduced sentence for participating.. good idea for most inmates if you were going to offer the option to the general population there, that would have to be judged on what crime they are in for.

I would however start with peadophiles & murderers for testing. With no reduction in sentence because we don't really want those walking the streets do we? I'm quite sure we have plenty of the former inside.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Leave the animals alone

By *69BANMan  over a year ago

Reading

So the mentally ill? There is a difference between paedophilia and child sex offenders.

Club Play

So the mentally ill? There is a difference between paedophilia and child sex offenders. "

Peados & child sex offenders fall into the same thing. They are not mentally ill. Mentally twisted yes.. ill no. They know exactly what they are doing.

» Add a new message to this topic