FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Event 201

Event 201

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Global pandemic exercise that took place in October 2019

Event 201 was a 3.5-hour pandemic tabletop exercise that simulated a series of dramatic, scenario-based facilitated discussions, confronting difficult, true-to-life dilemmas associated with response to a hypothetical, but scientifically plausible, pandemic. 15 global business, government, and public health leaders were players in the simulation exercise that highlighted unresolved real-world policy and economic issues that could be solved with sufficient political will, financial investment, and attention now and in the future

Sorry if this topic has been done before.... Dash

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

The next severe pandemic will not only cause great illness and loss of life but could also trigger major cascading economic and societal consequences that could contribute greatly to global impact and suffering. The Event 201 pandemic exercise, conducted on October 18, 2019, vividly demonstrated a number of these important gaps in pandemic preparedness as well as some of the elements of the solutions between the public and private sectors that will be needed to fill them. The Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, World Economic Forum, and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation jointly propose these

I haven't really got a point to this thread, I thought I'd post it and see if anybody wants a healthy discussion about this topic

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"I haven't really got a point to this thread, I thought I'd post it and see if anybody wants a healthy discussion about this topic "

I was going to ask what the outcome was or was it adjourned to a later date

"I haven't really got a point to this thread, I thought I'd post it and see if anybody wants a healthy discussion about this topic

I was going to ask what the outcome was or was it adjourned to a later date "

I actually got this info of a 201 website, there is loads of info and videos of this pandemic exercise, it's very interesting stuff, I don't know if I can put a link on here, I suspect not, but I would gladly send in private to anybody who wants it

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Wasn't this the USA evaluation of their readiness?

The UK one, a couple of years earlier, had a report circulated that Johnson stated in the summer that he'd still not read. The government has refused to publish this for the public. Be sure that the recommendations were not followed by them.

Central

"Wasn't this the USA evaluation of their readiness?

The UK one, a couple of years earlier, had a report circulated that Johnson stated in the summer that he'd still not read. The government has refused to publish this for the public. Be sure that the recommendations were not followed by them."

The Cygnus Exercise was the UK evaluation.

The UK one, a couple of years earlier, had a report circulated that Johnson stated in the summer that he'd still not read. The government has refused to publish this for the public. Be sure that the recommendations were not followed by them.

The Cygnus Exercise was the UK evaluation. "

Sophie stop correcting me will you, I'm getting sick of it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I haven't really got a point to this thread, I thought I'd post it and see if anybody wants a healthy discussion about this topic "

Strange how massive events that impact on a global scale have had a 'dry run' or 'active roleplay' just before the real deal kicks off....911 had the war games exercise of how the usaf would react to passenger jets being hijacked andby flown into government buildings. And the July 7th attacks happened just as the met police were role-playing what would happen if the london transport system came under terror attack.

But it's entirely coincidental you conspiracy nut job

"I haven't really got a point to this thread, I thought I'd post it and see if anybody wants a healthy discussion about this topic

Strange how massive events that impact on a global scale have had a 'dry run' or 'active roleplay' just before the real deal kicks off....911 had the war games exercise of how the usaf would react to passenger jets being hijacked andby flown into government buildings. And the July 7th attacks happened just as the met police were role-playing what would happen if the london transport system came under terror attack.

But it's entirely coincidental you conspiracy nut job "

I really an a nutjob

I really an a nutjob "

Is that rude BTW?

I really an a nutjob

Is that rude BTW? "

Depending on who's nuts you're doing a job on I suppose

I really an a nutjob

Is that rude BTW?

Depending on who's nuts you're doing a job on I suppose"

Sooooo iv been listening to Dr. Mike Yeadon on talk radio, he's been a Dr of respiratory illnesses, he said the government have got it all wrong and the virus is nowhere near as bad, thoughts?

https://youtu.be/QMlfxnCJppE

Talkradio

Central

The Cygnus Exercise was the UK evaluation.

Sophie stop correcting me will you, I'm getting sick of it "

. I'm so bad sometimes - in fact, very, very bad. But not disrespectful. I was querying, as I'd heard of a USA test last year via the television recently but hadn't seen the detail of it

I really an a nutjob

Is that rude BTW?

Sooooo iv been listening to Dr. Mike Yeadon on talk radio, he's been a Dr of respiratory illnesses, he said the government have got it all wrong and the virus is nowhere near as bad, thoughts?

Talkradio"

Any God's amount of qualified docs, proffs, medical guys and gals saying similar stuff on lots of other platforms.... But unless it's the legacy 3 letter news channels then it gets dismissed as crazy conspiracy theory and granny killer nut jobbery. They sure as hell aren't gonna change any minds on fab no matter who they are or what their credentials are.

By *igh wide and handsomeMan  over a year ago

Dagenham

Did boris get involved in 201 and balls that up as well??

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"The Event 201 pandemic exercise, conducted on October 18, 2019, vividly demonstrated a number of these important gaps in pandemic preparedness."

To be honest, the Covid 19 pandemic of 2020 has provided real world evidence of many of these important gaps and demonstrated that it is probably a good idea to read studies of this nature and act upon their findings.

Cal

"The Event 201 pandemic exercise, conducted on October 18, 2019, vividly demonstrated a number of these important gaps in pandemic preparedness.

To be honest, the Covid 19 pandemic of 2020 has provided real world evidence of many of these important gaps and demonstrated that it is probably a good idea to read studies of this nature and act upon their findings.

Cal"

A mere month and a half before the real thing kicks off in China... Uncanny timing eh? Thank goodness for experts!

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

It's strange that people think something is likely to happen, so they prepare for it, and then it does happen?

It's strange that people think something is likely to happen, so they prepare for it, and then it does happen?

"

On the same day... Just coincidence nowt to worry about

London

On the same day... Just coincidence nowt to worry about "

I'm curious what you think would be the point of having a roleplay of an event if you're committing a conspiracy to make that event happen?

I was going to ask what the outcome was or was it adjourned to a later date "

I think they just decided it was better played out in real life ...

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

"The Event 201 pandemic exercise, conducted on October 18, 2019, vividly demonstrated a number of these important gaps in pandemic preparedness.

Cal"

Yes it would, but they won't because the likes of King Boris know better, or they think they do which is probably even scarier.

spend 25 million to prepare for something and have the means to respond quickly or 25 billion getting it wrong after it happens.

(oh yeh its Boris, no such thing as prepare and listen)

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I really an a nutjob

Is that rude BTW?

Talkradio"

Mike Yeadon isn't a medical doctor. He has BSc quals in biochemistry/toxicology and a PhD (a research doctorate) in respiratory pharmacology. He's qualified to talk about respiratory drugs research etc, but is by no means a doctor of respiratory illness. His career with Pfizer was predominantly working on drugs for allergy. He's certainly not as much of an expert in virology, microbiology or epidemiology that he makes himself out to be and puts the DR moniker front and centre, knowing full well many people presume he's an actual medic. Many of my friends have science related PhDs and one works in pharmaceutical research. As a chemist (not pharmacist - she deals with chemistry but many people also assume when she says chemist = pharmacist) she freely admits to being nowhere near an expert on things like microbiology.

My degree is in microbiology and so I cannot profess to be an expert in chemistry (and I know I'm not).

I'm curious what you think would be the point of having a roleplay of an event if you're committing a conspiracy to make that event happen?

"

Wouldn't have a clue. It's purely coincidental ....however it may be that certain people had prior knowledge of certain events kicking off.

Tells me that people on 'our' side probably/possibly knew about what was going on before the event.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Cal

------

A mere month and a half before the real thing kicks off in China... Uncanny timing eh? Thank goodness for experts! "

It's not as if it's the first one of these exercises, there was one in 2001, 2005, 2011, 2018, and 2019. These are a fairly regular occurrence run by the same Johns Hopkins Public Heath Think Tank. There have also been other exercises and projects by different organisations around the world.

To anyone with a modicum of intelligence, the concept of planning for how to handle these things is obvious, especially when it's happened before... with SRARS, MERS, EBOLA, Bird Flue, Swine Flu, Hong Kong Flu, Asian Flu, AIDS, and Spanish Flu all occurring within living memory. Planning and modelling better ways of controlling viral out brakes is hardly a surprising thing to do.

Cal

Are you saying that there were event 201 style exercises carried out before the spread of all those other diseases and viruses you mentioned? This is MASSIVE news! Care to share the links to where we can take a look and make an informed judgement. Modicums of intelligence are difficult to come by since my tinfoil hat was zapped by laser beams from outer space.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Cal

------

A mere month and a half before the real thing kicks off in China... Uncanny timing eh? Thank goodness for experts!

It's not as if it's the first one of these exercises, there was one in 2001, 2005, 2011, 2018, and 2019. These are a fairly regular occurrence run by the same Johns Hopkins Public Heath Think Tank. There have also been other exercises and projects by different organisations around the world.

To anyone with a modicum of intelligence, the concept of planning for how to handle these things is obvious, especially when it's happened before... with SRARS, MERS, EBOLA, Bird Flue, Swine Flu, Hong Kong Flu, Asian Flu, AIDS, and Spanish Flu all occurring within living memory. Planning and modelling better ways of controlling viral out brakes is hardly a surprising thing to do.

Cal"

Shush, stop being logical, the world might explode Cal

London

Wouldn't have a clue. It's purely coincidental ....however it may be that certain people had prior knowledge of certain events kicking off.

Tells me that people on 'our' side probably/possibly knew about what was going on before the event."

I mean, yes, people thought events like these might happen so they planned for them.

Trying to spin that as something sinister is pretty silly.

The Cygnus Exercise was the UK evaluation. "

Was this the 2015 exercise after the Ebola outbreak?

This did actually have a lot of changes made to the NHS, the most interesting one was a need to stockpile additional PPE supplies for such an outbreak, which was done, fast forward 5 years and the re-ordering had been neglected and the surplus was gone!

:/

Tells me that people on 'our' side probably/possibly knew about what was going on before the event.

I mean, yes, people thought events like these might happen so they planned for them.

Trying to spin that as something sinister is pretty silly. "

Or silly to keep your mind closed to possibility of sinister things.

You reckon that nothing sinister ever comes from instances such as these? Fair enough . Forget about critical thought guv

I used to be a police officer in a public order unit. Back in the 90s we did exercises based on terrorist hi jacking of trains. So the fact the met did something similar in 2005 is hardly surprising.

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

Trying to spin that as something sinister is pretty silly.

Or silly to keep your mind closed to possibility of sinister things.

You reckon that nothing sinister ever comes from instances such as these? Fair enough . Forget about critical thought guv "

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

Cal

------

Cal"

Planning and modelling is all good and well- unless your government bases its decisions on modelling carried out by the same professor with a track record of getting it wrong every other time before

I used to be a police officer in a public order unit. Back in the 90s we did exercises based on terrorist hi jacking of trains. So the fact the met did something similar in 2005 is hardly surprising."

Coincidentally an hour or so before the largest terror attack on the British mainland? Not impossible I suppose but the odds must've been huge! Unless they perform exercises every other day of course

I used to be a police officer in a public order unit. Back in the 90s we did exercises based on terrorist hi jacking of trains. So the fact the met did something similar in 2005 is hardly surprising.

Coincidentally an hour or so before the largest terror attack on the British mainland? Not impossible I suppose but the odds must've been huge! Unless they perform exercises every other day of course "

My point being that the exercises we carried out where not followed by a group of terrorists hi jacking a train. The public order exercises we carried out on a regular basis weren’t followed by riots.

It’s called training.

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

Saw the YouTube video on this event.

Also the one on the four Chinese scientists who wrote a paper on the very subject published Feb 2019 written late 2018.

Yet nothing was done to prepare.

Amazed at the "herd immunity" way to go.

"Prepare to lose loved ones".

How about prepare PPE, prevent markets selling dodgey food and protect care homes and prepare to lose your Leader to a virus after all he is one of us isn't he?.

We are not a herd of cows.

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

David Icke says that NWO whoever they are always advertise what they are going to do before they do it.

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

I was going to ask what the outcome was or was it adjourned to a later date

I actually got this info of a 201 website, there is loads of info and videos of this pandemic exercise, it's very interesting stuff, I don't know if I can put a link on here, I suspect not, but I would gladly send in private to anybody who wants it"

Send me a link, please.

» Add a new message to this topic