FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > good news on a vaccine

good news on a vaccine

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ostafun OP   Man  over a year ago

near ipswich

seems there is a chance that the oxford uni one could be rolled out very soon,now that will be a nice xmas prezzy.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It was mentioned but, as with today's other vaccine post, it has not finished stage 3 of its trial yet. Results would then need analysis, peer review and government evaluation, before being launched to the public.

I was suspicious of the story being 'leaked' as we start lockdown.

Definitely great news if it works well and is out soon

By *iobhan123Woman  over a year ago

Deal

Apparently, we GP surgeries will be administering, nice of them to let us know

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If and when it's available, it'll be a long time before it's rolled out to the average low risk Joe Public

There are other factors to consider also. A worldwide shortage of glass vials for one. The availability of other components of the vaccine that allow it to be administered is another.

Whilst it will be great news if a vaccine is found I think it's unlikely to be something that will be available en masse anytime soon

"Apparently, we GP surgeries will be administering, nice of them to let us know "

I would have thought that was a fairly safe assumption to make, no?

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

Why do we need a vaccine (with inevitable side effects)for a disease that about 99.8% (approx although it varies with age) of people survive?

Why won't we be having a vaccine? For exactly the same reasons the manufacturers will not accept liability for it.

"Why do we need a vaccine (with inevitable side effects)for a disease that about 99.8% (approx although it varies with age) of people survive?

Why won't we be having a vaccine? For exactly the same reasons the manufacturers will not accept liability for it.

"

To help prevent people falling ill in the first place? To help prevent the constant strain on the NHS caused by people falling ill?

near ipswich

great to see all the positive posts ffs cheer up.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Can shove it .. I don’t need a vaccine !!

"Why do we need a vaccine (with inevitable side effects)for a disease that about 99.8% (approx although it varies with age) of people survive?

"

How many times have you asked this question now?

Just let those who want to take it do so. I don't see how it makes any difference to you whether someone takes it or not. I'm sure there are many of us who will think this is good news and be happy about it

By *havennaturistsCouple  over a year ago

Banff

We don't get the whole 'strain on the NHS' thing. Don't most people come under stress in a job? Do nurses generally go to work to put their feet up? Get real, our daughter is a front line worker and even she's fed up with all the hype.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"

It's for coronavirus, not the other virus.

"We don't get the whole 'strain on the NHS' thing. Don't most people come under stress in a job? Do nurses generally go to work to put their feet up? Get real, our daughter is a front line worker and even she's fed up with all the hype. "

Availability of beds? Ability to treat other conditions? ICU capacity?

Deal

"Apparently, we GP surgeries will be administering, nice of them to let us know

I would have thought that was a fairly safe assumption to make, no?"

Oh of course, when we have yet to finish our at risk flu programme or begin to start the 50-64 cohort

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

Oh of course, when we have yet to finish our at risk flu programme or begin to start the 50-64 cohort "

They'll get the army in to do it - now line up nicely you 'orrible lot...

I'm sure those saying they can shove the vaccine would refuse hospital admission if they contracted the virus

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"We don't get the whole 'strain on the NHS' thing. Don't most people come under stress in a job? Do nurses generally go to work to put their feet up? Get real, our daughter is a front line worker and even she's fed up with all the hype. "

I’m actually laughing that you thought strain on the NHS means add stress to the workers - really this must be a tongue in cheek post? Surely you know it means they only have a finite number of beds, vents and all equipment. So if 25 people are ill and need ICU and there are 20 beds that’s what strain on the NHS means.

By *havennaturistsCouple  over a year ago

Banff

That's why we clap the beds and not the personnel!

Central

"

It's been fairly catastrophic for tens of thousands of people - and would have been for multiples of that number and the economy, if protective measures hadn't been taken, including lockdowns. We also know that the NHS would have been overwhelmed, preventing it treating millions, if we'd not reduced infection levels. I'm guessing you know that.

Vaccines will give alternatives to help to protect people and the economy - ss well as letting the NHS revert to treating all the other health problems and saving other lives.

Some may not want it, others will be unable to have it. Many will have it to help to protect our health, economy, freedoms for themselves and others who can't.

Oh of course, when we have yet to finish our at risk flu programme or begin to start the 50-64 cohort

They'll get the army in to do it - now line up nicely you 'orrible lot..."

SIR! YES SIR!

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Can shove it .. I don’t need a vaccine !!"

Well I pray that you never need it, are you against all vaccines or just this one in particular?

"That's why we clap the beds and not the personnel!"

You're being deliberately obtuse

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

"Can shove it .. I don’t need a vaccine !!

"

That's your prerogative and I accept that.

It's also others prerogative not to get the virus and do everything they can to mitigate that.

On that basis, can you wear a red armband or something, so folks can avoid you, and deny you entry to public places ?

It's nothing personal, but loose cannons are just that...loose cannons.

Your personal freedoms end the moment you step in to public spaces; then the freedoms become responsibilities.

"Apparently, we GP surgeries will be administering, nice of them to let us know "

Yes it was nice to be Informed.. Not.

Shame we don't have all day to read the sun and the daily fail..

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Unless its gone through the britsh medical board and they say its safe to use then i wont have it .. i dont want to wake up with 3 tits or hairy palms lol

I hope this is right but I thought it takes years to produce a vaccine for public use

Kind of seemed like the story was rolled out just at the time we are going into lockdown, not saying there won't be a vacine but the timing seemed convenient, like most news it seemed like its there as a distction

"Kind of seemed like the story was rolled out just at the time we are going into lockdown, not saying there won't be a vacine but the timing seemed convenient, like most news it seemed like its there as a distction "

I'm pretty sure they have been saying for a while that AstraZeneca were going to be starting their clinical trials/publishing real time results around this time.

This wins the most unintentionally funny thing I have read this week.

As a mouth breather your probably at risk of a larger viral load if you contract it!

near ipswich

"Kind of seemed like the story was rolled out just at the time we are going into lockdown, not saying there won't be a vacine but the timing seemed convenient, like most news it seemed like its there as a distction

I'm pretty sure they have been saying for a while that AstraZeneca were going to be starting their clinical trials/publishing real time results around this time. "

How many times have you asked this question now?

Just let those who want to take it do so. I don't see how it makes any difference to you whether someone takes it or not. I'm sure there are many of us who will think this is good news and be happy about it "

By *ast_jjMan  over a year ago

Dublin and London

Do GP surgeries not administer the vaccines currently been used? Is that not how vaccines are administered? I would prefer to get it from my GP surgery than the local butcher...

Dublin and London

"Unless its gone through the britsh medical board and they say its safe to use then i wont have it .. i dont want to wake up with 3 tits or hairy palms lol "
3 tits could be handy, especially in group fun!

the wetlands

"Apparently, we GP surgeries will be administering, nice of them to let us know Do GP surgeries not administer the vaccines currently been used? Is that not how vaccines are administered? I would prefer to get it from my GP surgery than the local butcher..."

Tens of thousands of additional NHS staff including physiotherapists etc have been trained in administering the vaccine.

Anyone not wanting to take the vaccine should sign an online declaration with a DNR as well while they're at it. Whilst it's their right not to, all those on here I've seen saying they won't have it are the same lot who have denied the virus exists or they've downplayed the seriousness of the whole pandemic.

They'll continue doing what they want to do while everyone continues suffering.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Why on earth wouldn't it be administered in a GP surgery?

GP surgery's have been the most protected work place since the start.

You can't even get into our surgery full stop it's phone consultation or they come to a window to hand out stuff.

the wetlands

"Why on earth wouldn't it be administered in a GP surgery?

GP surgery's have been the most protected work place since the start.

You can't even get into our surgery full stop it's phone consultation or they come to a window to hand out stuff."

Numbers !!

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

"

Because the virus makes even healthy people really ill and the long term effects of the virus on peoples health is unknown, although current information shows that it can have some quite severe and lasting effects.

We are immunised against measles, I had measles as a child and remember being really unwell, I obviously survived and had no further problems caused by it.

Just because the majority survive, it doesn't make it any less necessary to mass immunise to try to eradicate the disease for those too young to be immunised.

"Can shove it .. I don’t need a vaccine !!

That's your prerogative and I accept that.

It's also others prerogative not to get the virus and do everything they can to mitigate that.

On that basis, can you wear a red armband or something, so folks can avoid you, and deny you entry to public places ?

It's nothing personal, but loose cannons are just that...loose cannons.

Your personal freedoms end the moment you step in to public spaces; then the freedoms become responsibilities."

I hardly go out the house. I follow all the rules. I will have the vaccine, but I have to say that last sentence is one of the most ridiculous things I've read on here.

Dublin and London

"Apparently, we GP surgeries will be administering, nice of them to let us know Do GP surgeries not administer the vaccines currently been used? Is that not how vaccines are administered? I would prefer to get it from my GP surgery than the local butcher...

Tens of thousands of additional NHS staff including physiotherapists etc have been trained in administering the vaccine."

Good to hear upskilling is taking place. That's what we need in these times of crisis.

By *olidOak85Couple  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Fingers crossed hey

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Who else would you recommend? Deliveroo?

"

Reading your posts over this pandemic I struggle to understand how a region of Wales with such considered, thoughtful folk inhabiting it could have become such an epicentre of Welsh infection rates....

#themindboggles

not sure i trust a vaccine that hes been rushed through, it takes years to properly test a new drug. as i said on another thread, anyone remember thalidomide?????

my tin foil hat is on and staying on thank you

"Unless its gone through the britsh medical board and they say its safe to use then i wont have it .. i dont want to wake up with 3 tits or hairy palms lol "

Unless it's gone through a body that doesn't exist?

"Unless its gone through the britsh medical board and they say its safe to use then i wont have it .. i dont want to wake up with 3 tits or hairy palms lol

Unless it's gone through a body that doesn't exist? "

oh grow up, you know full well what they mean

By *eglieanCouple  over a year ago

Torbay

It's only a matter of time our 150 grand a year GP,s will start demanding extra pay for doing the injections. The ground staff will more than likely carry out the task, and as usual the doc,s benefit.

It's good news it's hopefully soon to be available and we will be able to choose if we have it or not. Will be our choice. Be interesting to see all the deniers, consprisits and people who think this is all bullshit, will they still refuse it if they end up in hospital just about to enter intensive care. When push come to shove,, will they he'll...

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"It's only a matter of time our 150 grand a year GP,s will start demanding extra pay for doing the injections. The ground staff will more than likely carry out the task, and as usual the doc,s benefit.

It's good news it's hopefully soon to be available and we will be able to choose if we have it or not. Will be our choice. Be interesting to see all the deniers, consprisits and people who think this is all bullshit, will they still refuse it if they end up in hospital just about to enter intensive care. When push come to shove,, will they he'll..."

You think drs are paid too much?

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

"I hardly go out the house. I follow all the rules. I will have the vaccine, but I have to say that last sentence is one of the most ridiculous things I've read on here."

How so Gemini ?

I have a responsibility to ensure my actions do not endanger others don't I ?

I'm fairly certain I do, as there are laws which make it very clear to me what my rights and responsibilities are.

You first.

Let me know how you get on

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

I think it likely it will be a big payday for Doctors if their surgeries are to administer the vaccine.

By *etsomeMan  over a year ago

birmingham

"I'm sure those saying they can shove the vaccine would refuse hospital admission if they contracted the virus "

I will agree to not being treated if I get covid19 if the lockdown lovers agree to pay for the costs of lockdowns from their taxes

birmingham

Because the virus makes even healthy people really ill and the long term effects of the virus on peoples health is unknown, although current information shows that it can have some quite severe and lasting effects.

We are immunised against measles, I had measles as a child and remember being really unwell, I obviously survived and had no further problems caused by it.

Just because the majority survive, it doesn't make it any less necessary to mass immunise to try to eradicate the disease for those too young to be immunised. "

It's all propoganda. Influenza can have very nasty long term effects but the term long flu has never been used

the wetlands

Just because the majority survive, it doesn't make it any less necessary to mass immunise to try to eradicate the disease for those too young to be immunised.

It's all propoganda. Influenza can have very nasty long term effects but the term long flu has never been used"

Folks, we have another graduate in medicine ...

All stand please.

near ipswich

i love the way the anti vaxers message you personally instead of posting their crap in the forum.

birmingham

" ...

All stand please."

That's somewhat unfair. I don't claim to be a graduate in medicine. Just pointing out that if you got all your info from the MSM you would think that covid19 is the only illness that has long term health effects

"I think it likely it will be a big payday for Doctors if their surgeries are to administer the vaccine. "

Why?

By *DGF20Man  over a year ago

Dublin

What's the point of rushing fo vaccine if more than 50% oc people won't go for vacation?

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"What's the point of rushing fo vaccine if more than 50% oc people won't go for vacation? "

Where did you get the 50% figure from?

The last figures I saw (from Kings College Cambridge) were:

53% - Certain or likely to have vaccine.

20% - Fairly likely.

11% - Don't know.

16% - Reject or likely to reject.

That puts vaccine uptake in the 70% region.

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

"I think it likely it will be a big payday for Doctors if their surgeries are to administer the vaccine.

Why? "

because they don't work for free

By *DGF20Man  over a year ago

Dublin

"What's the point of rushing fo vaccine if more than 50% oc people won't go for vacation?

20% - Fairly likely.

11% - Don't know.

That puts vaccine uptake in the 70% region."

Lies...like many things are these days

Actually the best vaccine is your immune system! And once you have had it you can't catch it again and it's been around once and it's not coming back again as a scientific fact check here once a virus has come out it doesn't go away and reappear so this second lockdown is pointless because you have all been lied to about the numbers stop watching the BBC and ITV news lies lies lies and if you don't like the facts your a snowflake

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Actually the best vaccine is your immune system! And once you have had it you can't catch it again and it's been around once and it's not coming back again as a scientific fact check here once a virus has come out it doesn't go away and reappear so this second lockdown is pointless because you have all been lied to about the numbers stop watching the BBC and ITV news lies lies lies and if you don't like the facts your a snowflake"

Pretty every word of this is absolute guff. For a start you are wrong about not being able to catch twice. As you seem to not like facts does that make you a snowflake?

"Actually the best vaccine is your immune system! And once you have had it you can't catch it again and it's been around once and it's not coming back again as a scientific fact check here once a virus has come out it doesn't go away and reappear so this second lockdown is pointless because you have all been lied to about the numbers stop watching the BBC and ITV news lies lies lies and if you don't like the facts your a snowflake"

Well according to this report ;-

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-54512034

you can catch it twice. It it also reported that the virus is mutating. New strains from Spain and Denmark to name but two.

A strong immune system does help but a vaccine can only nullify the original strain.

I’m sticking to the new rules.

"Actually the best vaccine is your immune system! And once you have had it you can't catch it again and it's been around once and it's not coming back again as a scientific fact check here once a virus has come out it doesn't go away and reappear so this second lockdown is pointless because you have all been lied to about the numbers stop watching the BBC and ITV news lies lies lies and if you don't like the facts your a snowflake

Pretty every word of this is absolute guff. For a start you are wrong about not being able to catch twice. As you seem to not like facts does that make you a snowflake?"

I disagree, the part about the virus not coming back? It's not gone, maybe never will, I do however agree that the MSM are figure twisting truth twisting bastards

Leicestershire

"What's the point of rushing fo vaccine if more than 50% oc people won't go for vacation?

20% - Fairly likely.

11% - Don't know.

That puts vaccine uptake in the 70% region.

Lies...like many things are these days "

You mean it's inconvenient.

It really makes no odds to me wether you accept the figures or not.

Deal

Viruses mutate, hence the reason we have a different strain of flu every year

Why is "snowflake" an insult? Beautiful and unique? Caring about others? Being non-prejudiced and treating everyone with the same respect? What a great compliment, thank you!

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

"If and when it's available, it'll be a long time before it's rolled out to the average low risk Joe Public

There are other factors to consider also. A worldwide shortage of glass vials for one. The availability of other components of the vaccine that allow it to be administered is another.

Whilst it will be great news if a vaccine is found I think it's unlikely to be something that will be available en masse anytime soon"

still a long time before the general public will have access to this, extending the furlong scheme until March 2021 makes me think we will not be out of this second lockdown by end December, they are putting plans in place for an Xmas lockdown.

"Actually the best vaccine is your immune system! And once you have had it you can't catch it again and it's been around once and it's not coming back again as a scientific fact check here once a virus has come out it doesn't go away and reappear so this second lockdown is pointless because you have all been lied to about the numbers stop watching the BBC and ITV news lies lies lies and if you don't like the facts your a snowflake

Why is "snowflake" an insult? Beautiful and unique? Caring about others? Being non-prejudiced and treating everyone with the same respect? What a great compliment, thank you! "

Yeah, I kinda like it, call me a snowflake and I'll give ya a big kiss MWAHHH

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Why is "snowflake" an insult? Beautiful and unique? Caring about others? Being non-prejudiced and treating everyone with the same respect? What a great compliment, thank you! "

Compassionate, caring about others, and having reality on our side. Snowflake. I like it.

the wetlands

Well there's certainly thousands of people from last week won't be catching it again

They're fucking dead !!!!!!

"seems there is a chance that the oxford uni one could be rolled out very soon,now that will be a nice xmas prezzy. "

These things usually take at least 10 years + to develop and test thoroughly, Do you really want to be one of the first to try out a rushed vaccine also all viruses mutate & change so I'm afraid we are stuck with this for many years to come.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

If it allows me to travel I'll push to the front of the queue. Missing the sun the sea the food need to get away.

Manchester (she/her)

I'm certainly excited that medical innovation can move so quickly.

birmingham

Pretty every word of this is absolute guff. For a start you are wrong about not being able to catch twice. As you seem to not like facts does that make you a snowflake?"

If you can catch it twice it might be a very low percentage of people that happens to - so some people catching it twice is not something that automatically need terrify us

[Removed by poster at 07/11/20 23:57:44]

liverpool

When a person uses the term snowflake as an insult, you can pretty much disregard everything they say.

Manchester (she/her)

Why is "snowflake" an insult? Beautiful and unique? Caring about others? Being non-prejudiced and treating everyone with the same respect? What a great compliment, thank you!

When a person uses the term snowflake as an insult, you can pretty much disregard everything they say."

birmingham

Pretty every word of this is absolute guff. For a start you are wrong about not being able to catch twice. As you seem to not like facts does that make you a snowflake?

I disagree, the part about the virus not coming back? It's not gone, maybe never will, I do however agree that the MSM are figure twisting truth twisting bastards"

If you are only listening to the MSM you are invariably only getting half the story. To get a different opinion you need to listen to talk radio (julia hartley brewer in particular - who has been amazing and should win journalism awards), carl vernon, alex belfield, vernon coleman, toby young, james delingpole and the lockdown sceptics website

You may not agree with them but at least you will be better informed of the arguments against lockdown

I like the Mark Twain quote:

"If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.”

liverpool

I disagree, the part about the virus not coming back? It's not gone, maybe never will, I do however agree that the MSM are figure twisting truth twisting bastards

If you are only listening to the MSM you are invariably only getting half the story. To get a different opinion you need to listen to talk radio (julia hartley brewer in particular - who has been amazing and should win journalism awards), carl vernon, alex belfield, vernon coleman, toby young, james delingpole and the lockdown sceptics website

You may not agree with them but at least you will be better informed of the arguments against lockdown

I like the Mark Twain quote:

"If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.”"

Do they have an award for being the most lying right wing diana obsessed crackpot of the year,?

By *ove2lickJemCouple  over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

Perhaps she's lucky enough to not be in a massively overloaded area, just maybe?? Staff in Cornwall have thrown fits cos no overtime cos no demand, yet here in Liverpool hospitals are bursting and almost at capacity. I know first hand but wouldn't assume everywhere is the same cos I can read stats by area. So again, lucky her she's unaffected but Liverpool is almost at capacity.

liverpool

Toby young is a splendid fellow

Is he still calling for selective breeding and wheelchair ramps to be got rid off in schools?

birmingham

"Toby young is a splendid fellow

Is he still calling for selective breeding and wheelchair ramps to be got rid off in schools?"

not sure but he has set up a free speech union which can only be a good thing

liverpool

Is he still calling for selective breeding and wheelchair ramps to be got rid off in schools?

not sure but he has set up a free speech union which can only be a good thing"

Ah what the world needs right now is more misogynistic right wing fruit loops who think poor people should be sterlised

birmingham

julia hartley brewer did a reat interview with wanksock where she demonstrated he did not know that a 1% false positive rate in the PCR test did not mean that only 1% of people would be incorrectly told they had covid19

he knows nothing about bayes theorum or the base rate fallacy. The man is a dangerous fool

birmingham

Ah what the world needs right now is more misogynistic right wing fruit loops who think poor people should be sterlised "

don't have to agree with everything he says to agree that he is right about lockdown being an insane policy

I would ask if lockdowns work why do you need more than one of them - and if lockdowns don't work why do you need nmore than one of them?

"julia hartley brewer did a reat interview with wanksock where she demonstrated he did not know that a 1% false positive rate in the PCR test did not mean that only 1% of people would be incorrectly told they had covid19

he knows nothing about bayes theorum or the base rate fallacy. The man is a dangerous fool"

I listen to talk radio, some people don't want to know I feel your pain, iv been drinking glava, it's all good x

liverpool

Ah what the world needs right now is more misogynistic right wing fruit loops who think poor people should be sterlised

don't have to agree with everything he says to agree that he is right about lockdown being an insane policy

I would ask if lockdowns work why do you need more than one of them - and if lockdowns don't work why do you need nmore than one of them?"

When someone who calls working class people who go to oxford a 'stain'quite frankly,I'd take whatever he says with a pinch of salt.

I would ask if lockdowns work why do you need more than one of them - and if lockdowns don't work why do you need nmore than one of them?

When someone who calls working class people who go to oxford a 'stain'quite frankly,I'd take whatever he says with a pinch of salt."

Didn't know people like that still existed

birmingham

When someone who calls working class people who go to oxford a 'stain'quite frankly,I'd take whatever he says with a pinch of salt."

he makes sense on lockdown in pointing out why it is an insane strategy

liverpool

When someone who calls working class people who go to oxford a 'stain'quite frankly,I'd take whatever he says with a pinch of salt.

Didn't know people like that still existed "

Yep.

Lovely chap he is.

birmingham

vaccines aren't required to actually prevent you becoming infected. All that is required is that they stimulate an immune response

the claim is that you can still catch the disease but your symptoms won't bad as bad - which sounds a very difficult claim to substantiate to me

Current guidance is.. only gps are allowed to vaccinate as new vaccine (but that will change very quickly i can see.. ) once given must stay on premises for 15mins incase of adverse reaction.. thats good socially distanced on mass campaign..gonna be lots of fun and abuse at every gp surgery i can predict.

Oh well read on facebook..updated by facebook.. as nhs cant be bothered informing us nhs staff.

Increase the tension so nhs get more hassles

Would anyone actually want to have the vaccine with so little trials etc?

birmingham

"Would anyone actually want to have the vaccine with so little trials etc? "

the gullible, foolhardy or desperate

Leicestershire

"Would anyone actually want to have the vaccine with so little trials etc?

the gullible, foolhardy or desperate"

Oh the same people that believe in conspiracy theories then...

birmingham

Oh the same people that believe in conspiracy theories then..."

The conspiracy theorists are the ones that think this is still about a virus. They have no idea what build back better actually means. They are in for quite a shock

Leicestershire

Oh the same people that believe in conspiracy theories then...

The conspiracy theorists are the ones that think this is still about a virus. They have no idea what build back better actually means. They are in for quite a shock"

Yeah right.

How about those who don't have the luxury of not giving a shit?

birmingham

How about those who don't have the luxury of not giving a shit? "

There is no requirement for anyone to have anything injected into them that may be detrimental to their health for the supposed benefit of others. The idea of making anyone feel guilty for not wanting chemicals injected into them - is sick

There is no requirement for anyone to have anything injected into them that may be detrimental to their health for the supposed benefit of others. The idea of making anyone feel guilty for not wanting chemicals injected into them - is sick"

That's not what I said at all but okay

birmingham

There is no requirement for anyone to have anything injected into them that may be detrimental to their health for the supposed benefit of others. The idea of making anyone feel guilty for not wanting chemicals injected into them - is sick

That's not what I said at all but okay "

sorry if I misinterpreted what you were saying

sorry if I misinterpreted what you were saying"

The question originally posted was "would anyone want to have a vaccine etc". Those who are vulnerable and want the extra protection that comes with one's body being trained to recognise the virus, thus having a better chance of fighting it off (instead of DYING), probably would risk it yes.

Ergo, those who don't have the luxury of giving a shit.

birmingham

The question originally posted was "would anyone want to have a vaccine etc". Those who are vulnerable and want the extra protection that comes with one's body being trained to recognise the virus, thus having a better chance of fighting it off (instead of DYING), probably would risk it yes.

Ergo, those who don't have the luxury of giving a shit. "

i was under the impression that it was too dangerous to give the vaccine to the at risk groups - so they would go for herd immunity and give it to all the non-risk groups. thats why they need 70 million doses

Ergo, those who don't have the luxury of giving a shit.

i was under the impression that it was too dangerous to give the vaccine to the at risk groups - so they would go for herd immunity and give it to all the non-risk groups. thats why they need 70 million doses"

Looks like Toby Young played you.

The high-risk and over 65s will be among the first to get it, after health and social care workers.

Source: BBC

BBC's source: WHO

Also another source who said the same thing: Kate Bingham, Head of vaccine task force.

london

"seems there is a chance that the oxford uni one could be rolled out very soon,now that will be a nice xmas prezzy.

These things usually take at least 10 years + to develop and test thoroughly, Do you really want to be one of the first to try out a rushed vaccine also all viruses mutate & change so I'm afraid we are stuck with this for many years to come."

10 years of lockdowns.

“ now there’s an enjoyable thought “.

london

"seems there is a chance that the oxford uni one could be rolled out very soon,now that will be a nice xmas prezzy.

These things usually take at least 10 years + to develop and test thoroughly, Do you really want to be one of the first to try out a rushed vaccine also all viruses mutate & change so I'm afraid we are stuck with this for many years to come.

10 years of lockdowns.

“ now there’s an enjoyable thought “."

Or restrictions

By *ettyboop61Woman  over a year ago

St Neots

"not sure i trust a vaccine that hes been rushed through, it takes years to properly test a new drug. as i said on another thread, anyone remember thalidomide?????

my tin foil hat is on and staying on thank you"

I don't get why anti vaxxers think everyone cares so much about their views on how "dangerous" the vaccine is. If you don't want it just don't fucking take it, no one's holding a gun to your head

Theres already 1 ,well 2

Aspirin or lemsips ...

liverpool

Oh the same people that believe in conspiracy theories then..."

By *hrobberMan  over a year ago

North West

Vaccines increase herd immunity

Central

"Vaccines increase herd immunity "

It's the tried and tested methodology for herd immunity

Good that’s one less to worry about... next

[Removed by poster at 08/11/20 22:18:04]

I would have thought that was a fairly safe assumption to make, no?"

Makes sense, I hear ASDA are putting their names in the hat to do them

By *arnsley guy100Man  over a year ago

Sheffield

How long will it take to vaccinate the 6 and Half BILLION people on the planet???.. Once its been invented, approved, produced and then distributed.

I wouldn't be getting comfy for next summer just yet.

the wetlands

"How long will it take to vaccinate the 6 and Half BILLION people on the planet???.. Once its been invented, approved, produced and then distributed.

"

3 months

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

Less good news, the Danish fur farms have managed to mutate the virus.

Possibly making the vaccine less effective.

Seems the Danish government have been keeping it quite too.

Sheffield

"How long will it take to vaccinate the 6 and Half BILLION people on the planet???.. Once its been invented, approved, produced and then distributed.

3 months"

3 months....

No chance

Sheffield

Better to try out Covid19 first eh????

» Add a new message to this topic