FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Covid recovery

Covid recovery

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rishunicorn OP   Man  over a year ago

Cookstown

Hi folks, I’m recovering from Covid. My isolation period is over and I’ve returned to work as off Monday 2/11 I’m still feeling tired, Brain foggy and grumpy. Any suggestions how to get out off this spell.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just go to work and carry on as normal, it's all you can do I'm afraid, good luck

Vitamins and keep active with light exercise, if it's comfortable to do so.

"Hi folks, I’m recovering from Covid. My isolation period is over and I’ve returned to work as off Monday 2/11 I’m still feeling tired, Brain foggy and grumpy. Any suggestions how to get out off this spell. "

Without wishing to be downbeat, speak to your GP. Generally speaking recovery for most is very quick, those who are struggling, feel low energy etc are what we would tern Long Covid sufferers.

There is a huge emphasis on investigating these cases now to identify any potential issues the virus has left behind. It’s far better to be proactive and get looked at x

lots of vit d helps so i hear

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Op, I have been told to watch for any symptoms that get worse by a GP who seems to be the Covid subject matter expert for the local area; my GP referred me to her, she was extremely helpful.

As others have said, if you are concerned, contact your Go.

It's 3 1/2 weeks now since my symptoms started, I too suffer with the lack of concentration and brain fog as it's been referred to.

I also am still in a lot of pain with aching muscles, chest pains and the bloody cough that just won't shift.

By *rs mischiefWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

The more i read about long covid the more worried I feel. I have FMS, brain fog, concentration issues, pain is a daily battle for me as it is. If I got this virus I would be floored for a long time im guessing, by people's accounts! Op hope you start to feel a bit better soon. X

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"lots of vit d helps so i hear"

No

It helps your immune system.

"lots of vit d helps so i hear

No

It helps your immune system."

So it helps?

By *uma69Man  over a year ago

stockport

Eat lots of garlic google the benefits

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Rest, exercise, a good balanced diet, get into nature which can be great for your mental health, GP

By *ookie46Woman  over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

It took me around 6 weeks to get back to feeling normal, that was April time. I do still tire easily though but as others have said if you have any concerns please speak to your GP

"Eat lots of garlic google the benefits "

What's garlic Google? Is it like garlic noodle

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Hi folks, I’m recovering from Covid. My isolation period is over and I’ve returned to work as off Monday 2/11 I’m still feeling tired, Brain foggy and grumpy. Any suggestions how to get out off this spell.

Without wishing to be downbeat, speak to your GP. Generally speaking recovery for most is very quick, those who are struggling, feel low energy etc are what we would tern Long Covid sufferers.

There is a huge emphasis on investigating these cases now to identify any potential issues the virus has left behind. It’s far better to be proactive and get looked at x"

Pretty much this, my sister is still having issues some six months after leaving hospital..

Her Gp was pretty poor although as literally all he could say was it's long covid..

She's been referred to a clinic where they are as others have said doing follow up etc..

By *rishunicorn OP   Man  over a year ago

Cookstown

Thanks everyone for your help. I’m

Still a wee bit tired this weekend. But hopefully I get better soon

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"lots of vit d helps so i hear

No

It helps your immune system.

----

So it helps? "

It may HELP you resist the infection in the first place.

By *heCheekyDevilMan  over a year ago

Sunderland

"The more i read about long covid the more worried I feel. I have FMS, brain fog, concentration issues, pain is a daily battle for me as it is. If I got this virus I would be floored for a long time im guessing, by people's accounts! Op hope you start to feel a bit better soon. X"

It seems very similar to most viral infections, for some, especially with health problems, it can take a very long time to recover fully (Last time I had flu I was off work 3 weeks, on light duties for another month & a hospital out patient for a further 6 months).

Symptoms for me after the worst of it were lethargy, passing out, struggling to exercise. easily out of breath.

Its not unusual , it seems like you will never get over it (I was very depressed as i'm pretty fit (though I do have asthma) , running & cycling a lot normally, which I couldn't do)

But you WILL, so dont worry, its pretty normal & just try to push yourself a little, but not too much (walking is a good one).

honestly , the symptoms people report for Covid are very similar to Flu - people forget how deadly flu is (kills 10k-40k in the UK a year normally, so the covid thing isnt really a game changer, its just the way its reported - ie flu this year has dropped 98% - ever wonder why?).

"The more i read about long covid the more worried I feel. I have FMS, brain fog, concentration issues, pain is a daily battle for me as it is. If I got this virus I would be floored for a long time im guessing, by people's accounts! Op hope you start to feel a bit better soon. X

It seems very similar to most viral infections, for some, especially with health problems, it can take a very long time to recover fully (Last time I had flu I was off work 3 weeks, on light duties for another month & a hospital out patient for a further 6 months).

Symptoms for me after the worst of it were lethargy, passing out, struggling to exercise. easily out of breath.

Its not unusual , it seems like you will never get over it (I was very depressed as i'm pretty fit (though I do have asthma) , running & cycling a lot normally, which I couldn't do)

But you WILL, so dont worry, its pretty normal & just try to push yourself a little, but not too much (walking is a good one).

honestly , the symptoms people report for Covid are very similar to Flu - people forget how deadly flu is (kills 10k-40k in the UK a year normally, so the covid thing isnt really a game changer, its just the way its reported - ie flu this year has dropped 98% - ever wonder why?)."

There's a good chance Flu cases will be lower this year because Covid is the big boy in the viral playground

By *hrobberMan  over a year ago

North West

I'm 2 weeks over it breathing is better lost the brain fog but tastes and smells are gone still which is a complete pain. Still get occasional joint pains but they fade. Fxxxxxing mad this

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I'm back to work today after being off for 3 weeks dreading it as still feel fucked.

Tiredness and fatigue still coughing.

Just going to see how I get on today.

I have a physical job with light duties not being an option.

Can't afford to be off work unpaid any longer.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"The more i read about long covid the more worried I feel. I have FMS, brain fog, concentration issues, pain is a daily battle for me as it is. If I got this virus I would be floored for a long time im guessing, by people's accounts! Op hope you start to feel a bit better soon. X

honestly , the symptoms people report for Covid are very similar to Flu - people forget how deadly flu is (kills 10k-40k in the UK a year normally, so the covid thing isnt really a game changer, its just the way its reported - ie flu this year has dropped 98% - ever wonder why?).

There's a good chance Flu cases will be lower this year because Covid is the big boy in the viral playground"

Also that other countries are not bringing their strain of flu into the UK, so our flu infections are not made up of a variety of different strains, will be interesting which ones they put into the flu vaccine for next year

» Add a new message to this topic