FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > USA about enter 'covid hell'

USA about enter 'covid hell'

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

These are the words of Dr. Michael osterholm head of CIDRAP infectious diseases in minnesota University

Iv been following his straight talk podcasts since March since his scary joe rogan appearance

Joe biden has just called for him to head his new covid task force

With the US now having 100,000 positive tests a day, he thinks the next 3/4 months will be 'covid hell'

https://youtu.be/oTn8XAQ3RTY

His latest podcast if anybody is interested

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

I'd suggest they're already in Covid hell. Doesn't bode well if experts are expecting it to become even more hellish. The pandemic is so poorly managed over there it's not a surprise unfortunately

Bump

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

This still doesn't explain why UK mortality rate is higher per capita. You going through constant lockdown doesn't seem to help

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

Just hope Joe biden and his team can turn this around for the citizens but is it too late ?

"This still doesn't explain why UK mortality rate is higher per capita. You going through constant lockdown doesn't seem to help "

Any suggestions? Because boris doesn't know

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"This still doesn't explain why UK mortality rate is higher per capita. You going through constant lockdown doesn't seem to help "

At a guess more densely populated and handled appallingly from day 1?

"Just hope Joe biden and his team can turn this around for the citizens but is it too late ? "

Iv been posting stuff on Michael osterholm for months and nobody has listened to me, just listen to him on joe rogan in March, everything he said has happened

https://youtu.be/E3URhJx0NSw

Joe rogan, Michael osterholm

doncaster

you have to take demographics into account , more people to infect in a smaller area is easily passed round , hence our more harsher lockdowns , but they do work in lowering the reproduction rate thus infections and death and I have no problems with the restrictions , we need to do what's needed to fight this virus

"This still doesn't explain why UK mortality rate is higher per capita. You going through constant lockdown doesn't seem to help

At a guess more densely populated and handled appallingly from day 1?"

Cali has 40 mill grant it statically you have 66 mill not including surrounding states and yet your mortality is still higher. Lockdown doesn't seem to work.

By *ubba Walking TallMan  over a year ago

Dallas

"This still doesn't explain why UK mortality rate is higher per capita. You going through constant lockdown doesn't seem to help

Cali has 40 mill grant it statically you have 66 mill not including surrounding states and yet your mortality is still higher. Lockdown doesn't seem to work."

Lockdown does work if people obey it but they don't in the UK 75% tailor it to suit them the same with many countries its not the governments or the rules that spread it its people ignoring the advice. In China if you don't obey you get imprisonment to worse.

doncaster

Cali has 40 mill grant it statically you have 66 mill not including surrounding states and yet your mortality is still higher. Lockdown doesn't seem to work.

Lockdown does work if people obey it but they don't in the UK 75% tailor it to suit them the same with many countries its not the governments or the rules that spread it its people ignoring the advice. In China if you don't obey you get imprisonment to worse. "

the penalty in Russia for breaking the lockdown rules was 7 yrs in prison

Lockdown does work if people obey it but they don't in the UK 75% tailor it to suit them the same with many countries its not the governments or the rules that spread it its people ignoring the advice. In China if you don't obey you get imprisonment to worse. "

Exactly so what liberties are you willing as a person to sacrafice or are you going to try and carry on as normal as possible ? One hell of a quagmire. You sacrafice everything to the unknown.

By *ubba Walking TallMan  over a year ago

Dallas

Lockdown does work if people obey it but they don't in the UK 75% tailor it to suit them the same with many countries its not the governments or the rules that spread it its people ignoring the advice. In China if you don't obey you get imprisonment to worse.

Exactly so what liberties are you willing as a person to sacrafice or are you going to try and carry on as normal as possible ? One hell of a quagmire. You sacrafice everything to the unknown."

Life is a risk what ever you do so where do you cross the line walking on the sidewalk carries risks as does many other innocent things.

doncaster

Exactly so what liberties are you willing as a person to sacrafice or are you going to try and carry on as normal as possible ? One hell of a quagmire. You sacrafice everything to the unknown."

I'd rather listen to the top scientists and follow what they advise rather risking infecting a loved one and they die from covid and me for that matter

Exactly so what liberties are you willing as a person to sacrafice or are you going to try and carry on as normal as possible ? One hell of a quagmire. You sacrafice everything to the unknown.I'd rather listen to the top scientists and follow what they advise rather risking infecting a loved one and they die from covid and me for that matter "

And no one is denying your train of thought. To each is own. Same as everything else in life it applies to ones self worth.

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

From what i see. The reason we have a high mortality rate is

The pandemic has not been handled well (same as many other countries) but also the uk has one of if not the most unhealthy populations in europe plus the majority of undiagnosed or late diagnosed conditions due to an overworked health service (with too many pen pushers and bean counters)

So by the time you add all the above to bad management and lots of areas in the uk with very dence populations on top of our need for social contact and freedom of movement plus the attitude of "i"m alright jack F=@k everyone else" of some, all add up to the perfect storm for a virus that spreads easily.

doncaster

"From what i see. The reason we have a high mortality rate is

The pandemic has not been handled well (same as many other countries) but also the uk has one of if not the most unhealthy populations in europe plus the majority of undiagnosed or late diagnosed conditions due to an overworked health service (with too many pen pushers and bean counters)

So by the time you add all the above to bad management and lots of areas in the uk with very dence populations on top of our need for social contact and freedom of movement plus the attitude of "i"m alright jack F=@k everyone else" of some, all add up to the perfect storm for a virus that spreads easily."

please don't tar us all with the same brush of I'm alright jack , far from it in a lot of my experiences

So by the time you add all the above to bad management and lots of areas in the uk with very dence populations on top of our need for social contact and freedom of movement plus the attitude of "i"m alright jack F=@k everyone else" of some, all add up to the perfect storm for a virus that spreads easily."

The solution is ? Stay in lockdown or try and live. We as Americans always have been defiant I guess history will predict the outcome.

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

I m not tarring everyone with the same brush just the minority. But if we are all honest none of us has stuck fully to lockdown rules. As it isn t in the nature of the majority to give up totalaly to rules or instructions

By *isandhers691127Couple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

I predict more dead defiant Americans.

"I predict more dead defiant Americans. "

I guess we will have a lovely time doing it.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The UK has had 2 periods of lockdown - 1st in the spring and the 2nd in the fall, with Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and England not having aligned dates for the latter.

The 1st lockdown made substantial reductions in infections in the UK. Without it, the UK would have been much, much worse. You'd need to follow the data from March through the summer. Most people aren't high in their approval levels of government for how they've managed it overall. We were late to lockdown the first time, potentially costing 20, 000 lives or so. We were late in England for the 2nd one, ignoring expert advice in September and not doing it until November.

There have been many errors along the way. Our partial lockdowns are an attempt to prevent our health services from being overloaded.

Our testing and tracing of contacts of infected people has been fairly dismal. Missing the isolation of newly infected, highly infectious people is inexcusable, as it's these people who are causing the growth in the numbers here.

We don't have a published plan, we stumble along. The hope from the Pfizer vaccine is all that we're aiming for with some certainty, although the Oxford vaccine may get approved at a similar time.

doncaster

"I predict more dead defiant Americans.

I guess we will have a lovely time doing it. "

do you honestly and truly believe this ?

"I predict more dead defiant Americans.

I guess we will have a lovely time doing it. do you honestly and truly believe this ? "

I do it already been proven by the constitution. Life liberty and the pursuit of happiness . Pennsylvania where we live it has been decided.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

We aren't in lockdown, never have been... If you tell people enough times they might believe you as they are heading off to the shops and schools...

Tin town

Cali has 40 mill grant it statically you have 66 mill not including surrounding states and yet your mortality is still higher. Lockdown doesn't seem to work."

Don't forget how stupidly arrogant us brits are... Ignoring commons sense rules and finding loopholes so we can get our hit of alcohol... And we are world beating at blaming other people for spreading the infection.

Bournemouth

Well we both voted clowns into power so what else do you expect. Populist leaders, great at slogans not so good at managing a pandemic.

Don't forget how stupidly arrogant us brits are... Ignoring commons sense rules and finding loopholes so we can get our hit of alcohol... And we are world beating at blaming other people for spreading the infection. "

We not the ones blaming or pointing fingers. Live your life virus or not.

Bournemouth

I would engage you in a battle of wits, but I never fight an unarmed person.

"I would engage you in a battle of wits, but I never fight an unarmed person."

Then use your significant others arms.

Maybe look at how deaths have been recorded. Covid seems to have gone on alot of death certs but the person might have died because of Heart attach death by car accident. Been lots of comments from people regards this. Jusst saying

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Maybe look at how deaths have been recorded. Covid seems to have gone on alot of death certs but the person might have died because of Heart attach death by car accident. Been lots of comments from people regards this. Jusst saying"

There may have been lots of comments but that can be due to certain organisations manipulating citizens with incorrect or misleading data. From those many posts here, they all have the same conclusion, which is that the Office for National Statistics is very precise in how it reports deaths and causes. Rather than anecdote or amateur guesses, it's important to rely on credible sources for data, which provide the very precise details that are needed. There is no significant issue relating to confusion or misattribution of causes of death, where someone had a covid-19 infection. Refer to the ONS for the clear answer.

By *couseratMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

From what I see locally of the lockdown is being ignored, as a lot of people aren't staying at home, aren't social distancing and still mixing in people's homes.

doncaster

From what I see locally of the lockdown is being ignored, as a lot of people aren't staying at home, aren't social distancing and still mixing in people's homes."

have you reported them ?

"Just hope Joe biden and his team can turn this around for the citizens but is it too late ?

Iv been posting stuff on Michael osterholm for months and nobody has listened to me, just listen to him on joe rogan in March, everything he said has happened

Joe rogan, Michael osterholm "

What do they suggest we should do?

China to blame the rest are collateral damage.

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

Lockdown does work if people obey it but they don't in the UK 75% tailor it to suit them the same with many countries its not the governments or the rules that spread it its people ignoring the advice. In China if you don't obey you get imprisonment to worse. the penalty in Russia for breaking the lockdown rules was 7 yrs in prison "

You can't believe a word of what China and Russia tells the rest of the world!

By *uiet confidenceMan  over a year ago

Warrington

California is over double the size of Great Britain but only has about 60% of its population. So population density is a big part of Britain’s problem (also why Europe as a whole is struggling). If the USA had Britain’s population density I dread to think how many would be dead.

"Just hope Joe biden and his team can turn this around for the citizens but is it too late ?

Joe rogan, Michael osterholm

What do they suggest we should do?"

Don't breathe over each other?

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

We aren't in lockdown, never have been... If you tell people enough times they might believe you as they are heading off to the shops and schools... "

This ^

Personally I’d like to see a full lockdown, no leaving your home unless you have your printed permission slip to do your food shop once a week, pick up medicines and alike.

We have been way to lax in our lockdowns from day one

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

We aren't in lockdown, never have been... If you tell people enough times they might believe you as they are heading off to the shops and schools...

This ^

Personally I’d like to see a full lockdown, no leaving your home unless you have your printed permission slip to do your food shop once a week, pick up medicines and alike.

"

And how would you finance this ?

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

This ^

And how would you finance this ?"

Just like it has been with furlough.

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

This ^

"

Baby steps don't really do much in these circumstances.

By *oruseandabuseCouple  over a year ago

chichester

Not popular here as the people who have time to comment are not the ones out there working. HOWEVER....

In the old NHS a doctor would get promoted to manage. He would have no skills at managing. They got their qualification in doctoring not managing.

A manager knows how to manage, be efficient and let the doctor spend time doing what he was trained for.

That is how the rest of the world works.

They are production workers (highly skilled ones) If a doctor wants to manage he should train to be one.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

It could just be down to how you count and record don't know how they do it but here if you test positive in 28days and pass it can be corroborated

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

So by the time you add all the above to bad management and lots of areas in the uk with very dence populations on top of our need for social contact and freedom of movement plus the attitude of "i"m alright jack F=@k everyone else" of some, all add up to the perfect storm for a virus that spreads easily.

Not popular here as the people who have time to comment are not the ones out there working. HOWEVER....

In the old NHS a doctor would get promoted to manage. He would have no skills at managing. They got their qualification in doctoring not managing.

A manager knows how to manage, be efficient and let the doctor spend time doing what he was trained for.

That is how the rest of the world works.

They are production workers (highly skilled ones) If a doctor wants to manage he should train to be one.

"

And how can a manager manage when he or she can't fully understand the thing they are managing.

Managing is a combination of skill developed through understanding and experience of a profession and a natural ability, not something that can be easily taught although being good at a job doesn't necessarily mean someone will be good as a manager.

Managing and forward planning are separate issues

By *reampie_vickyTV/TS  over a year ago

Wigan

"These are the words of Dr. Michael osterholm head of CIDRAP infectious diseases in minnesota University

Iv been following his straight talk podcasts since March since his scary joe rogan appearance

With the US now having 100,000 positive tests a day, he thinks the next 3/4 months will be 'covid hell'

"

Well considering the USA have spent the last 30 years or so trying to kill anybody not white all over the world and starting war after war it seems kinda fair, lets not forget all the economic sanctions they have put in place that have caused the death of hundreds of thousands more all over the world.

"These are the words of Dr. Michael osterholm head of CIDRAP infectious diseases in minnesota University

Well considering the USA have spent the last 30 years or so trying to kill anybody not white all over the world and starting war after war it seems kinda fair, lets not forget all the economic sanctions they have put in place that have caused the death of hundreds of thousands more all over the world."

You realize we have a all volunteer force of all races .

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

Maybe look at how deaths have been recorded. Covid seems to have gone on alot of death certs but the person might have died because of Heart attach death by car accident. Been lots of comments from people regards this. Jusst saying

There may have been lots of comments but that can be due to certain organisations manipulating citizens with incorrect or misleading data. From those many posts here, they all have the same conclusion, which is that the Office for National Statistics is very precise in how it reports deaths and causes. Rather than anecdote or amateur guesses, it's important to rely on credible sources for data, which provide the very precise details that are needed. There is no significant issue relating to confusion or misattribution of causes of death, where someone had a covid-19 infection. Refer to the ONS for the clear answer. "

Has it occurred to anyone that as we are a nation of pencil pushers & America is the nation of litigation we could for differing reasons be the only two countries giving fully detailed & accurate death data?

Just a thought.

S

Derry

Well considering the USA have spent the last 30 years or so trying to kill anybody not white all over the world and starting war after war it seems kinda fair, lets not forget all the economic sanctions they have put in place that have caused the death of hundreds of thousands more all over the world.

You realize we have a all volunteer force of all races ."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEs9gR2-yqk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEs9gR2-yqk"

Angry are we ? Enjoy your lockdown.

Derry

Angry are we ? Enjoy your lockdown."

I'm good, thanks for asking. Enjoy your remaining time with Agolf Twittler.

I'm good, thanks for asking. Enjoy your remaining time with Agolf Twittler."

We are thank you for your concern.

By *oss25Man  over a year ago

Flitwick and Fakenham

We originally counted all deaths if COVID had been contracted previously and now count all deaths within 28 days of testing positive so even falling under a bus counts if you have it

In the States it very specifically has to be actual cause of death, pneumonia won’t be counted

Excess deaths over the longer term will show the true figures.

Derry

I'm good, thanks for asking. Enjoy your remaining time with Agolf Twittler.

We are thank you for your concern."

It's pity at this stage.

doncaster

I'm good, thanks for asking. Enjoy your remaining time with Agolf Twittler."

absolutely love this name for trumpy

Well considering the USA have spent the last 30 years or so trying to kill anybody not white all over the world and starting war after war it seems kinda fair, lets not forget all the economic sanctions they have put in place that have caused the death of hundreds of thousands more all over the world."

And yet 2 american owned companies developed a vaccine that in itself has to make you mad.

Well considering the USA have spent the last 30 years or so trying to kill anybody not white all over the world and starting war after war it seems kinda fair, lets not forget all the economic sanctions they have put in place that have caused the death of hundreds of thousands more all over the world..

And yet 2 american owned companies developed a vaccine that in itself has to make you mad."

And guess who signed off on the stafford act to ramp up production for the vaccine ? Scary isn't it.

Bournemouth

Yes all his heroic work on the golf course against the hoax from Chiiiina will go down in history. Is the vaccine bleach related?

"Yes all his heroic work on the golf course against the hoax from Chiiiina will go down in history. Is the vaccine bleach related? "

Yes it was a total hoax from china's wet markets.

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

I love America, but it's turned into a shit hole on many levels.

doncaster

"I love America, but it's turned into a shit hole on many levels."
how do you mean ?

"I love America, but it's turned into a shit hole on many levels.how do you mean ? "

Everything fine here

Tin town

We originally counted all deaths if COVID had been contracted previously and now count all deaths within 28 days of testing positive so even falling under a bus counts if you have it

In the States it very specifically has to be actual cause of death, pneumonia won’t be counted

Excess deaths over the longer term will show the true figures."

So just a question... As you seem to be very worried about people falling under buses. How many people have been killed falling under buses in the last 28 days.?

So just a question... As you seem to be very worried about people falling under buses. How many people have been killed falling under buses in the last 28 days.? "

You know he was making an example, there is no need to be padantic, he, like you, as an opinion

By *0shadesOfFilthMan  over a year ago

nearby

“100,000 positive tests a day “

Nearer 150,000 a day, dream on Mr Biden sorting this out

Flitwick and Fakenham

I’m not in the slightest bit worried about people falling under buses, used purely for illustration......but thanks for your constructive input

Flitwick and Fakenham

So just a question... As you seem to be very worried about people falling under buses. How many people have been killed falling under buses in the last 28 days.?

You know he was making an example, there is no need to be padantic, he, like you, as an opinion "

cheers

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"“100,000 positive tests a day “

Nearer 150,000 a day, dream on Mr Biden sorting this out "

2 days ago they had a one day record of cases... 178,000 reported case... and now almost 75,000 people hospitalised....

People are still so darn focused on the death rate that that many people in hospitals takes up a world of resources that mean you can’t deal with other issues...

Sounds familiar..............

So... Dr Osterholm was right about the US, far as I'm concerned he's been right every step of the way, I listen to his podcast every Thursday its superb

"So... Dr Osterholm was right about the US, far as I'm concerned he's been right every step of the way, I listen to his podcast every Thursday its superb"

I love the Joe Rogan podcast too and listened to that episode back in March/April to try to understand Coronavirus.

Good listen Dash

"So... Dr Osterholm was right about the US, far as I'm concerned he's been right every step of the way, I listen to his podcast every Thursday its superb

I love the Joe Rogan podcast too and listened to that episode back in March/April to try to understand Coronavirus.

Good listen Dash "

That was an epic rogan podcast, hope he gets him back on

doncaster

"I love America, but it's turned into a shit hole on many levels.how do you mean ?

Everything fine here "

I bet you wish it was

"I love America, but it's turned into a shit hole on many levels.how do you mean ?

Everything fine here I bet you wish it was "

Still working got food on the table Christmas going to be excellent. We have no complaints.

By *untimegeekMan  over a year ago

Havant

Everything fine here I bet you wish it was

Still working got food on the table Christmas going to be excellent. We have no complaints."

Got back from 3 months in texas 2 weeks ago, travelled to colorado and virginia whilst there. Would much rather be back in the states than in the UK at the moment

One thing I have noticed since being back in the UK I'm not seeing many masks

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

Get rid of covid hell. America is in a social shit hole that will last for decades. the new administration won`t make a difference. I can see a civil war happening there.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Get rid of covid hell. America is in a social shit hole that will last for decades. the new administration won`t make a difference. I can see a civil war happening there."

Crikey that's a bit strong.

Still working got food on the table Christmas going to be excellent. We have no complaints.

Got back from 3 months in texas 2 weeks ago, travelled to colorado and virginia whilst there. Would much rather be back in the states than in the UK at the moment

One thing I have noticed since being back in the UK I'm not seeing many masks"

We been wearing masks and social distancing. We not shutting down. Pretty much everyone here wearing masks.

Havant

We been wearing masks and social distancing. We not shutting down. Pretty much everyone here wearing masks."

Yes same in Texas , was a shock to come home , thinking where are the masks

Havant

"Get rid of covid hell. America is in a social shit hole that will last for decades. the new administration won`t make a difference. I can see a civil war happening there.

Crikey that's a bit strong."

Wonder when he was last in the USA

You traveled throughout all the U.K.. let’s not generalise. Where I live I hardly see anyone without a mask indoors. There’s a reason our town has an infection rate of 47 per 100k.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

You traveled throughout all the U.K.. let’s not generalise. Where I live I hardly see anyone without a mask indoors. There’s a reason our town has an infection rate of 47 per 100k."

I'm seeing an increasing number wearing them outdoors too, which is encouraging.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Where are you going in the UK?! I live in peak Covid denial area but everyone is wearing masks indoors and often outdoors too.

» Add a new message to this topic