FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Remove Anti-Vaxxer posts on Fab?

Remove Anti-Vaxxer posts on Fab?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hades Of Grey OP   Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Given that the Government may consider requiring Anti-Vaxxer and Conspiracy posts to be removed from social media, should Fab be doing the same?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"Given that the Government may consider requiring Anti-Vaxxer and Conspiracy posts to be removed from social media, should Fab be doing the same?"

I can't see why it shouldn't technically be subject to the same criteria and enforcement.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Absolutely yes, all free speech should be banned and anything that goes against the government.

It's our dream to have the same system in place as communist china

By *iger-NWMan  over a year ago

Preston

Let the anti-vaxers believe the drivel. They'll re-think when the clubs reopen and you have to present proof of vaccination!

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Given that the Government may consider requiring Anti-Vaxxer and Conspiracy posts to be removed from social media, should Fab be doing the same?"

People are entitled to their opinions, even if they're wrong.

Leicestershire

"

People are entitled to their opinions, even if they're wrong."

Yes they are.

There's no entitlement to a tea chest to express them on though.

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

"Given that the Government may consider requiring Anti-Vaxxer and Conspiracy posts to be removed from social media, should Fab be doing the same?

People are entitled to their opinions, even if they're wrong."

Does still apply when people get hurt and property is damaged? I'm think about bt openreach techs being attacked and masts damaged?

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

Fab are a social media site like any other, so if posts that have a detrimental effect that the government say they need to be removed due to no evidence and putting the public in danger then yes, fab should be removing them. Just like they stopped the meets and club pages as it is irresponsible to meet as per government guidelines. Freedom of speech is not the same as spreading hatred or unsubstantiated truths.

By *ang bang bangity bangCouple  over a year ago

Sunderland

Its a slippy slope for a number of reasons.

Firstly who's to decide whats abhorrent and whats not? Not that long ago what we're all doing on here would have been seen as massively socially unacceptable.

Secondly blocking people from saying something or expressing an opinion rarely if ever gets them to change their opinion. If anything forcing the conversation underground is more likely to entrench the view. The MAN knew we were on to something and shut us down.

I'm sure people will say that false information is dangerous. And they're right but do we want to live in a nanny state where we are told what to do and think? Where is personal responsibility?

Give me dangerous freedom over peaceful servitude any day.

D

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Fab will need to decide what it is willing to host in its space or not.

Fab will be bound by legal obligations in the UK and possibly other jurisdictions as to limitations on content.

Apart from that, it's a bit like a virtual equivalent of someone's living room.

You have the right to tell Mr. F. Swinger that his mother is a hamster and his father smells of elderberries, but Mr. F. Swinger is within his rights not to tolerate that and kick you out.

Manchester (she/her)

"Its a slippy slope for a number of reasons.

Firstly who's to decide whats abhorrent and whats not? Not that long ago what we're all doing on here would have been seen as massively socially unacceptable.

Secondly blocking people from saying something or expressing an opinion rarely if ever gets them to change their opinion. If anything forcing the conversation underground is more likely to entrench the view. The MAN knew we were on to something and shut us down.

I'm sure people will say that false information is dangerous. And they're right but do we want to live in a nanny state where we are told what to do and think? Where is personal responsibility?

D"

It's a slippery slope that we all live with, though, and always have done. Even in the US there are limitations on free speech.

But free speech is what the *government* can punish you for saying.

Sunderland

"Fab will need to decide what it is willing to host in its space or not.

Fab will be bound by legal obligations in the UK and possibly other jurisdictions as to limitations on content.

You have the right to tell Mr. F. Swinger that his mother is a hamster and his father smells of elderberries, but Mr. F. Swinger is within his rights not to tolerate that and kick you out."

I think I view fab as a bit different to social media though. Social media platforms are almost become general public forum rather than closed group.

I agree with your analogy that Fab is someone's sitting room. But I would argue Facebook/Twitter are now speakers corner or that crazy bloke that always shouts at me outside Kings Cross

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

Let them spout their nonsense.

But if and when they catch something that can be vaccinated against, don't give them a jab.

Seems obvious to me.

Makes a good filter too, them and the rest of the covidiots.

E

Derry

You have the right to tell Mr. F. Swinger that his mother is a hamster and his father smells of elderberries, but Mr. F. Swinger is within his rights not to tolerate that and kick you out.

I think I view fab as a bit different to social media though. Social media platforms are almost become general public forum rather than closed group.

I agree with your analogy that Fab is someone's sitting room. But I would argue Facebook/Twitter are now speakers corner or that crazy bloke that always shouts at me outside Kings Cross"

I do think the rules are going to change for social media platforms. Their defence of just being the carrier doesn't work anymore.

Leicestershire

"...or that crazy bloke that always shouts at me outside Kings Cross"

I was only saying hello...

Manchester (she/her)

I agree with your analogy that Fab is someone's sitting room. But I would argue Facebook/Twitter are now speakers corner or that crazy bloke that always shouts at me outside Kings Cross"

Fab is a business which hosts user content. That user content can be controlled according to the terms that Fab sets (his house, his rules).

I am not saying what Fab should or should not do, but just what they're within their rights to do.

There are plenty of places to spout about the evils of vaccines if you want to. You don't have to be in Fab's living room to do so, if they don't want you to be.

Manchester (she/her)

I agree with your analogy that Fab is someone's sitting room. But I would argue Facebook/Twitter are now speakers corner or that crazy bloke that always shouts at me outside Kings Cross

I do think the rules are going to change for social media platforms. Their defence of just being the carrier doesn't work anymore."

It will be interesting to see how that develops.

Sunderland

I do think the rules are going to change for social media platforms. Their defence of just being the carrier doesn't work anymore."

I think you're right in thats what will happen but I think they are perfectly right to argue they are just a carrier.

People are perfectly within their rights to say the earth is flat and Bill Gates wants to inject a microchip in them. Just as much as I am within my rights to laugh my arse off at them

Sunderland

Fab is a business which hosts user content. That user content can be controlled according to the terms that Fab sets (his house, his rules).

I am not saying what Fab should or should not do, but just what they're within their rights to do.

There are plenty of places to spout about the evils of vaccines if you want to. You don't have to be in Fab's living room to do so, if they don't want you to be."

Agree with you completely on that.

Sunderland

"...or that crazy bloke that always shouts at me outside Kings Cross

I was only saying hello... "

I'll buy you a pint the next time by way of apology

By *eard-lincolnMan  over a year ago

market rasen

Fab forums are a great filter for some people .

However would you meet an anti vaxxer if they were hot and sent you a message ?

Manchester (she/her)

I do think the rules are going to change for social media platforms. Their defence of just being the carrier doesn't work anymore.

I think you're right in thats what will happen but I think they are perfectly right to argue they are just a carrier.

People are perfectly within their rights to say the earth is flat and Bill Gates wants to inject a microchip in them. Just as much as I am within my rights to laugh my arse off at them "

They're probably within their legal rights at the moment, although I know that carriers can carry responsibility for content in some circumstances (copyright breaches), and I suppose that could potentially set precedent for other responsibility.

And the way in which the major social media platforms (and Google search results) funnel much of our online experience - what does that do to our ability to speak and be heard? Is it a bit like a sat nav that won't direct you to any restaurant other than McDonald's? (potentially a ridiculous example, but, like, you might be able to find Burger King but it's harder)

Manchester (she/her)

"Fab forums are a great filter for some people .

However would you meet an anti vaxxer if they were hot and sent you a message ? "

If I know they're an anti vaxxer they wouldn't be able to message me.

If I don't know, I can't judge them on that.

Leicestershire

"...or that crazy bloke that always shouts at me outside Kings Cross

I was only saying hello...

I'll buy you a pint the next time by way of apology "

Anything said against Boris Johnson or the Tory government must be removed immediately.

Free speech is wrong and should be made a criminal offence.

Manchester (she/her)

"Anything said against Boris Johnson or the Tory government must be removed immediately.

Free speech is wrong and should be made a criminal offence."

If that's what you've read in the discussion above, then I suggest you try again.

Derry

People are perfectly within their rights to say the earth is flat and Bill Gates wants to inject a microchip in them. Just as much as I am within my rights to laugh my arse off at them "

The thing is we're at the stage now where disinformation is weaponised and does pose a danger to many in so many different respects. I hate censorship and I also hate there's such a willing gullible audience for disinformation now.

Manchester (she/her)

People are perfectly within their rights to say the earth is flat and Bill Gates wants to inject a microchip in them. Just as much as I am within my rights to laugh my arse off at them

The thing is we're at the stage now where disinformation is weaponised and does pose a danger to many in so many different respects. I hate censorship and I also hate there's such a willing gullible audience for disinformation now."

It's definitely a fine line and holy crap the misinformation that's out there.

I recognise the value of broad free speech protections.

I also recognise the damage that fringe groups do to those who are susceptible.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Is the term anti-vaxxer defined as someone who actively promotes false information in order to deter others from having a vaccination, or someone who simply chooses not to have a vaccination?

"Absolutely yes, all free speech should be banned and anything that goes against the government.

It's our dream to have the same system in place as communist china "

Free speech comes with responsibility . If people make claims that are untrue and are misleading then they should be removed . If you don’t like it then I guess you can post your ‘theories ‘ elsewhere (although your options are limited )

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

The thing is we're at the stage now where disinformation is weaponised and does pose a danger to many in so many different respects. I hate censorship and I also hate there's such a willing gullible audience for disinformation now."

This.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Is the term anti-vaxxer defined as someone who actively promotes false information in order to deter others from having a vaccination, or someone who simply chooses not to have a vaccination?

"

The former, in my opinion.

Manchester (she/her)

"Is the term anti-vaxxer defined as someone who actively promotes false information in order to deter others from having a vaccination, or someone who simply chooses not to have a vaccination?

"

The distinction I've heard elsewhere is "anti vax" is spreads misinformation/ is unlikely to be persuaded, as opposed to "vaccine hesitancy".

Not a distinction I've seen here though.

"

I think it is the former. Nobody is forced to have a vaccine but if they promote their reasons (and these reasons are untrue or misleading ) then they should be removed

The South

"Anything said against Boris Johnson or the Tory government must be removed immediately.

Free speech is wrong and should be made a criminal offence."

E

The South

"Absolutely yes, all free speech should be banned and anything that goes against the government.

Free speech comes with responsibility . If people make claims that are untrue and are misleading then they should be removed . If you don’t like it then I guess you can post your ‘theories ‘ elsewhere (although your options are limited ) "

E

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Possibly the route that twitter has started taking with some of the Orange One's postings is the way things will go. Allowing the post, but putting a warning on it "this information is untrue".

Manchester (she/her)

"Possibly the route that twitter has started taking with some of the Orange One's postings is the way things will go. Allowing the post, but putting a warning on it "this information is untrue"."

I don't think that that will work here. I do know that some forums ban things like medical advice (on the grounds that that can go wrong fast), and anything on vaccination (supplements, cures) would fall under that. But again, that's up to Fab (subject to legal obligations).

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

This..

When you have people actively committing criminal acts due to what some bloke says on his ppv something has to be done..

Manchester (she/her)

In this case the dangers of the anti vax movement are likely smaller at the individual level, compared to some of the core stuff that I've read over the years (this gets into potential criminality so I can't/ won't use specific examples, per forum rules - and no I won't be baited into elaborating).

At a societal level, because of low base level immunity and the confusion over the pandemic and vaccine development - the risks are much higher.

[Removed by poster at 15/11/20 15:24:16]

Free speech comes with responsibility . If people make claims that are untrue and are misleading then they should be removed . If you don’t like it then I guess you can post your ‘theories ‘ elsewhere (although your options are limited ) "

Like the government have and do?

By *ilentnoiseMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Given that China has had much fewer deaths than the UK and their economy is doing relatively okay, maybe having a system in place like communist China wouldn’t be such a bad idea.

Free speech comes with responsibility . If people make claims that are untrue and are misleading then they should be removed . If you don’t like it then I guess you can post your ‘theories ‘ elsewhere (although your options are limited )

Like the government have and do? "

What do the government do?

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Having and expressing an opinion is fine

Trying to make others believe your opinions by posting lies or links to unreliable sources is not and fab quite rightly removes some of these links. Unfortunately links to youtube are permitted and that's where most of the lies originate.

I can block a person from seeing our profile or messaging us but unfortunately i still have to scroll past their drivel which I don't want to see on the forum.

Anyway it was allegedly labour that proposed the ban on anti vax propaganda so it's unlikely the government will do anything.

the wetlands

Like the government have and do? "

Even the president of the United States isn't permitted to post lies on social media

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

I'm really for letting people believe what they want to believe.

They will ridicule what I believe. I will ridicule what they believe.

'Truth' if there is any at all, is 'post-dated, sometimes by many many dozens of years and the politics involved along the way.

Facts, assumes you know what they are and let's face it most of the 'facts' we profess to know are little more than the 'opinions' we hold in the echo-chamber of our own socio-political groupings anyway constantly re-enforced by those echo's bouncing of the walls. Only Time and Experience give us the truth.

We all make a choice to believe or not to believe. If I die because of my belief then that's the risk I take.

I'll take the vaccine as will my husband, and so far most of my friends are saying that they will too. But if a friend of mine decided not to, then she/he would still be my friend. If all goes well then I would prod and cajole over time for them to do likewise.

But let's face it - if you get your news from FaceBook, you are already in trouble anyways.

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

They should be allowed to air their insane views. However if they want to go to clubs or events they should not be allowed unless they prove they are covid free with an on the spot test that they are to pay for

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm really for letting people believe what they want to believe.

'Truth' if there is any at all, is 'post-dated, sometimes by many many dozens of years and the politics involved along the way.

Facts, assumes you know what they are and let's face it most of the 'facts' we profess to know are little more than the 'opinions' we hold in the echo-chamber of our own socio-political groupings anyway constantly re-enforced by those echo's bouncing of the walls. Only Time and Experience give us the truth.

We all make a choice to believe or not to believe. If I die because of my belief then that's the risk I take.

I'll take the vaccine as will my husband, and so far most of my friends are saying that they will too. But if a friend of mine decided not to, then she/he would still be my friend. If all goes well then I would prod and cajole over time for them to do likewise.

But let's face it - if you get your news from FaceBook, you are already in trouble anyways.

"

I think truth can be relative. But there's relative truths and there's more obvious nonsense. I'll expand on a comedian's example rather than getting into anything contentious. (Dara O'Briain)

If NASA are launching a spaceship, there might be genuine debate as to the most effective strategies to achieve their aims. That's fine. The dude at the pub who thinks the sky is a carpet painted by God - yeah even if there are several different scientific debates about the mission, he's talking horse shit.

By *xhib12Man  over a year ago

Blyth

If the anti vaxxers can provide evidence that what they are saying is relevant or has been proven then fine, they should be able to plaster it over every social media outlet they can find. If they can't back up their drivel by peer reviewed science then they shouldn't be allowed to post.

"If the anti vaxxers can provide evidence that what they are saying is relevant or has been proven then fine, they should be able to plaster it over every social media outlet they can find. If they can't back up their drivel by peer reviewed science then they shouldn't be allowed to post."

Does that work both ways. No one can post anything unless it’s peer reviewed. It would certainly reduce the number of threads.

North West

"If the anti vaxxers can provide evidence that what they are saying is relevant or has been proven then fine, they should be able to plaster it over every social media outlet they can find. If they can't back up their drivel by peer reviewed science then they shouldn't be allowed to post.

Does that work both ways. No one can post anything unless it’s peer reviewed. It would certainly reduce the number of threads."

The irony at the moment is we ARE NOT allowed to post peer reviewed links, like to scientific journals, but we are allowed to post links to drivel like the Daily Fail and The S*n

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

[Removed by poster at 15/11/20 17:44:07]

Definitely not. Total fabricated bollocks posted by idiots should be fought with facts, common sense and total ridiculing, its the British way

By *atonMan  over a year ago

barnet

no

"

The last you said. I am not against it myself, but I dont just take any vaccine that have come out without proper testing, for example like this rush vaccine, it takes years of development and testing, not few months.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Let the anti-vaxers believe the drivel. They'll re-think when the clubs reopen and you have to present proof of vaccination!"
I hope this happens

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There should be a separate sub forum area for the BS. It's recognised what enormous power forums etc have to influence people for the worse. This has huge implications when it may mean that lives are lost.

Obviously fab takes steps to remain socially responsible, though I'd prefer it to be tougher on this area.

Derry

"

I don't think jury duty sounds like your sort of thing.

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

My take on it...more left wing liberal faschism..

Why would the government censor this debate.. more to this than meets the eye...

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

I don't think you know what free speech means.

You are free to say what you like, but you are not free from the consequences, especially if it is deemed offensive or dangerous.

Freedom of speech does not mean publications need to air your opinions. It is their right to refuse to.

Chelmsford

You are free to say what you like, but you are not free from the consequences, especially if it is deemed offensive or dangerous.

Freedom of speech does not mean publications need to air your opinions. It is their right to refuse to. "

Do it's dangerous And subversive not to want the vaccine.. ?

Warwick

Freedom of speech does not mean publications need to air your opinions. It is their right to refuse to.

Do it's dangerous And subversive not to want the vaccine.. ?"

No, personally I don't have a problem if people don't want to take it 'if' they have valid reasons.

However, many anti-vaxxers spread lies and misinformation about vaccines that can put people off and 'that' can be dangerous.

Chelmsford

Stop forcing people to be forcibly injected...free choice

Warwick

"Stop forcing people to be forcibly injected...free choice"

Who is being forably injected then?

No one!

Chelmsford

Not yet but they want to stop social media platforms for anti vaxers

in Lancashire

"Stop forcing people to be forcibly injected...free choice"

How about you stop spreading disinformation..?

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

We have seen quite recently how false I information can lead to big problems..

In 1998, report in the Lancet stated there was a link between The MMR vaccine and autism.

In 2010, the original author retracted the claim following multiple investigations the proved the claims were bogus.

How many people refused to let their kids have the MMR because of it? How much effort was required to prove it was utter rubbish?

Last year, the NHS completed yet another review that reiterated there was no link between The two.. Even after it was debunked, the damage continues..

That was one publication that did that amount of damage and put trust in vaccination back decades.

Today everone has a voice on social media and for every person that posts untruths, no matter how blatantly obvious they are rubbish, there are some who will believe it.

By *moothCriminal_xMan  over a year ago

Redditch

I dont think it should be regulated through gov mandate - i think social media companies and message boards should police it themselves. When someone spouts inaccurate stuff they nornally get corrected anyway...they also ignore the evidence against their view but you cant win em all

Chelmsford

"We have seen quite recently how false I information can lead to big problems..

In 1998, report in the Lancet stated there was a link between The MMR vaccine and autism.

In 2010, the original author retracted the claim following multiple investigations the proved the claims were bogus.

How many people refused to let their kids have the MMR because of it? How much effort was required to prove it was utter rubbish?

Last year, the NHS completed yet another review that reiterated there was no link between The two.. Even after it was debunked, the damage continues..

That was one publication that did that amount of damage and put trust in vaccination back decades.

Today everone has a voice on social media and for every person that posts untruths, no matter how blatantly obvious they are rubbish, there are some who will believe it. "

And who decides what is true..

Chelmsford

"Stop forcing people to be forcibly injected...free choice

How about you stop spreading disinformation..?"

Agreed .. including government propoganda

Warwick

"Not yet but they want to stop social media platforms for anti vaxers "

Not quite.

They want to stop the spread of disinformation and blatent lies from anti-vaxxer groups.

People discussing actual facts, their concerns and sharing opinions will still be ok.

Warwick

Today everone has a voice on social media and for every person that posts untruths, no matter how blatantly obvious they are rubbish, there are some who will believe it.

And who decides what is true.. "

Generally peer reviewed science as opposed to angry Steve who works in Wetherspoons.

Chelmsford

"Not yet but they want to stop social media platforms for anti vaxers

Not quite.

They want to stop the spread of disinformation and blatent lies from anti-vaxxer groups.

People discussing actual facts, their concerns and sharing opinions will still be ok."

Why not just ban all thought and opposition.. ?

Chelmsford

Generally peer reviewed science as opposed to angry Steve who works in Wetherspoons. "

Shall we pin down poor misguided Steve and inject him for his own good..?

Warwick

"

Generally peer reviewed science as opposed to angry Steve who works in Wetherspoons.

Shall we pin down poor misguided Steve and inject him for his own good..?"

No, let's take time to explain it to him with science, evidence and proof, so that he can see how he was misguided and let him make his own mind up about taking the vaccine.

The people who are responsible for running the social media site. Just look at Donald Trump, his lies are now being highlighted by Twitter, if you don’t agree with how they run their own site then don’t use it. Simple really

Leicestershire

"

Shall we pin down poor misguided Steve and inject him for his own good..?"

That's your words, nobody has said anything like that.

Chelmsford

"

No, let's take time to explain it to him with science, evidence and proof, so that he can see how he was misguided and let him make his own mind up about taking the vaccine."

But never let him persuade others

Warwick

"

No, let's take time to explain it to him with science, evidence and proof, so that he can see how he was misguided and let him make his own mind up about taking the vaccine.

But never let him persuade others "

Yes, he can if he has facts, evidence and proof rather than just lies and debunked theories.

Those will not be getting removed.

Chelmsford

"

Yes, he can if he has facts, evidence and proof rather than just lies and debunked theories.

Those will not be getting removed. "

One truth then.. why not issue everyone with a little red book

"

One truth then.. why not issue everyone with a little red book "

Every social media has a ‘terms & conditions ‘ of use, read them , it might help

Chelmsford

"

Every social media has a ‘terms & conditions ‘ of use, read them , it might help "

Yep... Use those to silence the uncomfortable truth.. that always helps

Warwick

"

One truth then.. why not issue everyone with a little red book "

What are you on about? Really?

If any anti-vaxxer had actually evidence to back up their claims I'd be fine with listening, but they don't. They have all been debunked, time and time again.

It's about time they stop spouting crap and scaring so many people needlessly into making dangerous decisions.

Chelmsford

Exercise your right to take your vax but please don't try to influence others who wont

"

Every social media has a ‘terms & conditions ‘ of use, read them , it might help

Yep... Use those to silence the uncomfortable truth.. that always helps "

Calling something the ‘uncomfortable truth’ doesn’t make it true. You can have the opinion that vaccines are unsafe, but if you then decide to go on social media and state that vaccines are unsafe because off reasons that are obviously incorrect then expect them to be removed. Do you think Trump should be continually allowed to tell lies to his 82 million followers ?

By *andelgriffinMan  over a year ago

Leics

I think the long-term solution to misinformation & fake news is for critical and systems thinking to be taught to a much greater extent in schools. Thus the private citizen would become better equipped to analyse information and reach a rational conclusion without the need for excessive government (or other) censorship. In the short-term, we should recognise the difference between an anti-vaxxer and someone who has genuine concerns about the accelerated vaccine development process.

"Exercise your right to take your vax but please don't try to influence others who wont"

Base you reasons against vaccines on fact and not fiction and you won’t encounter any problems

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Viva el presidente!

Leicestershire

"Exercise your right to take your vax but please don't try to influence others who wont"

But allow antivaxers to influence others to go down their deranged path?

Redditch

Fyi facts dont care about your feelings.

A vaccine is either safe in a statistical sense or it isnt.

Not wanting a vaccine because it is unsafe when that is not true means you are just simply wrong

Not wanting a vaccine because you think the gov is pressuring you and you are just a contrarian by nature is pathetic

Not wanting a vaccine because you think there is a global conspiracy means you think the gov is capable of such a colossal conspiracy coordinated with every university and pharmaceutical company i the world..which simply cannot be true

Basically...anyone spouting anti vax bs is an idiot

Chelmsford

You want state censored communications.. ?

Welcome to the new order comrade

North West

"I think the long-term solution to misinformation & fake news is for critical and systems thinking to be taught to a much greater extent in schools. Thus the private citizen would become better equipped to analyse information and reach a rational conclusion without the need for excessive government (or other) censorship. In the short-term, we should recognise the difference between an anti-vaxxer and someone who has genuine concerns about the accelerated vaccine development process."

The recently educated people I know are more likely to follow the science. It is the older people I know who are sharing utter BS on Facebook, my mother being one of them. I would suggest catch up education of people in their middle aged years would be a good idea.

Chelmsford

"Fyi facts dont care about your feelings.

Not wanting a vaccine because it is unsafe when that is not true means you are just simply wrong

Not wanting a vaccine because you think the gov is pressuring you and you are just a contrarian by nature is pathetic

Not wanting a vaccine because you think there is a global conspiracy means you think the gov is capable of such a colossal conspiracy coordinated with every university and pharmaceutical company i the world..which simply cannot be true

Basically...anyone spouting anti vax bs is an idiot"

Or anyone not challenging it is an idiot ?

Chelmsford

"I think the long-term solution to misinformation & fake news is for critical and systems thinking to be taught to a much greater extent in schools. Thus the private citizen would become better equipped to analyse information and reach a rational conclusion without the need for excessive government (or other) censorship. In the short-term, we should recognise the difference between an anti-vaxxer and someone who has genuine concerns about the accelerated vaccine development process.

The recently educated people I know are more likely to follow the science. It is the older people I know who are sharing utter BS on Facebook, my mother being one of them. I would suggest catch up education of people in their middle aged years would be a good idea."

Well the older generation probably need re-programming...

"You want state censored communications.. ?

Welcome to the new order comrade"

Every form of mass media communication is ‘censored’ to some extant , are you suggesting it shouldn’t be ?

Bolton

Go down this path and eventually you have the powers that be banning sites like this "for the moral good of the country". Dont believe me? Look how the government has interfered with pornography in this country in the last few years...for our own good of course. They wont stop there. Pornography is the canary in the cage. The tech is now in place to spy on and control people. Once its in place, then the laws change. Slowly and surely.

Chelmsford

Every form of mass media communication is ‘censored’ to some extant , are you suggesting it shouldn’t be ? "

I don't believe in state censorship.. you do perhaps..

Apart from anti vax social media...what else would you censor?

Bolton

Does all this only apply to digital media, or can we see The Sunday Sport et al being banned?

Redditch

"Fyi facts dont care about your feelings.

Basically...anyone spouting anti vax bs is an idiot

Or anyone not challenging it is an idiot ?"

For what reason are people challenging a vaccine?

Chelmsford

"Does all this only apply to digital media, or can we see The Sunday Sport et al being banned?"

Surely anything against 'the cause' should be banned. It's for our own good

"Go down this path and eventually you have the powers that be banning sites like this "for the moral good of the country". Dont believe me? Look how the government has interfered with pornography in this country in the last few years...for our own good of course. They wont stop there. Pornography is the canary in the cage. The tech is now in place to spy on and control people. Once its in place, then the laws change. Slowly and surely."

Why would the government want to ban this site? When did they start banning pornography online ?

"Does all this only apply to digital media, or can we see The Sunday Sport et al being banned?"

Why would they ban the Sunday Sport? It is obviously a comedy newspaper

Redditch

Every form of mass media communication is ‘censored’ to some extant , are you suggesting it shouldn’t be ?

Apart from anti vax social media...what else would you censor?"

Malicious communications can include fraudulent materials designed to mislead and damage individuals and society itself. Freedom of speech is paramount and freedom to debate and disagree is important- but false and misleading bs should be seen as fraudulent

Fucking facts decides

Apart from anti vax social media...what else would you censor?"

It is irrelevant if you believe in it or not , if you don’t like being censored when using social media then I suggest you don’t use it.

Bolton

"Go down this path and eventually you have the powers that be banning sites like this "for the moral good of the country". Dont believe me? Look how the government has interfered with pornography in this country in the last few years...for our own good of course. They wont stop there. Pornography is the canary in the cage. The tech is now in place to spy on and control people. Once its in place, then the laws change. Slowly and surely.

Why would the government want to ban this site? When did they start banning pornography online ? "

Ask the site owners why they dint allow certain words to be used in conversations on here or why photos and videos of certain sexual activities are not allowed to be posted. It started a few years ago. God bless the Tory party for looking out for us. I dont know what might happen to me if i saw a picture of someone pissing.

Fucking facts decides "

Facts are the conspiracy theorists kryptonite,

"Go down this path and eventually you have the powers that be banning sites like this "for the moral good of the country". Dont believe me? Look how the government has interfered with pornography in this country in the last few years...for our own good of course. They wont stop there. Pornography is the canary in the cage. The tech is now in place to spy on and control people. Once its in place, then the laws change. Slowly and surely.

Why would the government want to ban this site? When did they start banning pornography online ?

Ask the site owners why they dint allow certain words to be used in conversations on here or why photos and videos of certain sexual activities are not allowed to be posted. It started a few years ago. God bless the Tory party for looking out for us. I dont know what might happen to me if i saw a picture of someone pissing."

I think your getting confused, they were trying to prevent underage people from accessing porn and unsuitable images,

Bolton

Fucking facts decides "

He didnt say what, he said who. There is a world of difference. Do you belive everything the government tells you? I certainly dont, they have been shown to be bare (blair) faced liars often enough.

Bolton

Ask the site owners why they dint allow certain words to be used in conversations on here or why photos and videos of certain sexual activities are not allowed to be posted. It started a few years ago. God bless the Tory party for looking out for us. I dont know what might happen to me if i saw a picture of someone pissing.

I think your getting confused, they were trying to prevent underage people from accessing porn and unsuitable images, "

No. They have banned many things in the last few years. Images and videos of watersports, facesitting, fisting and lots of BDSM activities despite them being consensual. They have banned these for ADULTS. It wasnt to protect minors. Read the reports when it happened.

I think your getting confused, they were trying to prevent underage people from accessing porn and unsuitable images,

No. They have banned many things in the last few years. Images and videos of watersports, facesitting, fisting and lots of BDSM activities despite them being consensual. They have banned these for ADULTS. It wasnt to protect minors. Read the reports when it happened."

If you don’t like it then don’t use the site, I am sure there are other places you can find that type of content .

North West

No. They have banned many things in the last few years. Images and videos of watersports, facesitting, fisting and lots of BDSM activities despite them being consensual. They have banned these for ADULTS. It wasnt to protect minors. Read the reports when it happened."

They banned them because there are new laws around what the law calls "extreme" porn. Fab are following the law. I happen to like some of the things on that list but accept I can't include pics of them.

Bolton

Not legally. Thats the point. Creeping legislation. For our own good. You dont find that worrying?

Where is your personal line in the sand?

"Not legally. Thats the point. Creeping legislation. For our own good. You dont find that worrying?

Where is your personal line in the sand?"

Are you suggesting that nothing should be censored? I know where my line in the sand is,

Bolton

No. They have banned many things in the last few years. Images and videos of watersports, facesitting, fisting and lots of BDSM activities despite them being consensual. They have banned these for ADULTS. It wasnt to protect minors. Read the reports when it happened.

They banned them because there are new laws around what the law calls "extreme" porn. Fab are following the law. I happen to like some of the things on that list but accept I can't include pics of them."

Thats my point. They change the laws bit by bit. Its only when you step back and look at the changes over a couple of decades that you see just how much they bring in big changes by tinkering here and there. We are a completely different society than we were 20 years ago. And i dont think it is for the better.

North West

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47069414

Note the distinction between it being legal to engage in the acts deigned to be "obscene" and making/sharing images/videos of them.

Bolton

"Not legally. Thats the point. Creeping legislation. For our own good. You dont find that worrying?

Are you suggesting that nothing should be censored? I know where my line in the sand is, "

It was fine as it was. Why did those activities suddenly become so horrific?

They banned them because there are new laws around what the law calls "extreme" porn. Fab are following the law. I happen to like some of the things on that list but accept I can't include pics of them.

Thats my point. They change the laws bit by bit. Its only when you step back and look at the changes over a couple of decades that you see just how much they bring in big changes by tinkering here and there. We are a completely different society than we were 20 years ago. And i dont think it is for the better."

We didn’t have the internet 20 years ago, Access to porn and extreme content is a millions times easier than it was. So I don’t get your point

Are you suggesting that nothing should be censored? I know where my line in the sand is,

It was fine as it was. Why did those activities suddenly become so horrific? "

What was ‘fine as it was’ . If you want water sports and BDSM then there are thousands of sites that cater for it

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

You know internationally we have some of the weakest laws when it comes to dealing with fake news, because our press and politicians are the biggest contributors

Bolton

Thats my point. They change the laws bit by bit. Its only when you step back and look at the changes over a couple of decades that you see just how much they bring in big changes by tinkering here and there. We are a completely different society than we were 20 years ago. And i dont think it is for the better.

We didn’t have the internet 20 years ago, Access to porn and extreme content is a millions times easier than it was. So I don’t get your point "

Access is easier so thats the impetus to ban things? Before the internet we were happy for it to be made into magazines, VHS and DVDs.? Access is almost completely via the internet now. So now they ban things.

We are never going to agree on what content should be allowed. Personally, i am happy with flat earthers, racists, 5g nobheads, antivaxxers and Trumps Tweets. Give them a platform. Let everyone see them for what they are. Id rather they were in the public eye doing what they are doing rather than in secret. You cant legislate against stupid people beliving stupid things. You shouldnt legislate against stupid people telling other stupid people about their stupid ideas. If you want to do that, who is the arbiter? They going to be very busy, and will they be fair?

North West

It's much easier to control the sale/distribution of pornography if it's on DVD/VHS or magazine because back in the pre-internet days you had to go to a shop and then should have to show ID.

The advent of the internet on mobile phones which can connect to the internet in any place via 3G/4G meant control of porn did have to be reconsidered. I certainly didn't want my son to see what I'd call extreme porn in his early teens. He didn't have an internet enabled phone, but his mates at school did and even at the age of 11, he was being shown wholly inappropriate content by other kids.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I think people should be able to speak freely about almost anything on their mind without the posts being removed.

By *couseratMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Thats because people search out a truth they believe, as it fits thier ideals of not wearing a mask, not having the vaccine, not social distancing, etc.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Welcome to the new order comrade"

Tom, everyone is already subject to state control of their communication, to such an extent that you will generally find that people are subject to the laws of the land that define what is restricted. Breaching those laws has consequences. For centuries citizens have been limited in what they may communicate, this is not something new.

As others have said too, private companies providing websites, will also limit each of us, to comply both with the law as well as their own terms and conditions.

You seem for some reason to be exaggerating the ideas that people have for cultivating discussions based on sound, valid scientific evidence, without promotion of danger.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

I don't think jury duty sounds like your sort of thing."

It's precisely what I mean - 'facts' dressed as 'evidence' that are presented for 'you' to 'decide' upon.

in Lancashire

"I think people should be able to speak freely about almost anything on their mind without the posts being removed."

But then your almost anything will differ from mine and his or her's so any one moderating such posts will have an impossible task..

It would be like saying I think I should be able to drive my extremely high powered car at whatever speed I like, wherever I like and in what ever state I just happen to be..

We all set rules and boundaries etc for our kids, we expect other people to act in a certain way when we meet them in social or other situations and we hopefully do the same and we abide by the laws of the land within which we live etc because the alternative would be chaos..

There are some who would start an argument in an empty room..

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Yes of course if they are factually incorrect and it's the law of the land. Dont forget swingers are all lovely empathetic kind hearted and open minded people so it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm not a fan of censorship and I do think it's good sometimes to challenge statements. But once proven to be incorrect need to desist. Don't forget equally rights to freedom of expression come with responsibilities and for those spreading harmful fake facts... We need to stop it. There's plenty of crap in the world, we don't need more of it.

I don't think so, at least unless it actually becomes required by law.

They're obviously incorrect in what they say. But I respect their right to say it.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

When meets start again I'm going to take along my vaccination card, had it years and although you flash it at immigration control, it's generally just a nod.

As soon as we meet I'll whip out my card and ask to see theirs.

At least it would create a talking point.

In fairness, I do hope FAB goes back to what it was in the past.

A wonderful tool to help like minded people meet up for some fun.

Can't wait.

Manchester (she/her)

Observers should note the way that this thread has gone.

"Organisations are free to limit content on their site as they see fit."

"Communism!"

"I agree with free speech subject to legal restrictions, although disinformation is a challenge"

"No one must contradict the Tory Party!"

It rather tells you who's thinking about this and who's just spouting lines.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Fake news and fake information should be stopped.

If people want to rant about the government and conspiracies about the vaccine then perhaps they should get their soapbox and pop along to speakers corner along with all the other loonies at speakers corner.

But don't go trawling the internet to find a view that coincides with yours then come on here and start posting aggressive nonsense acting like some militant activist.

However

By all means people are free to post"concerns" and their fears because like most of us they are probably as scared and confused as they rest of us.

But ramming their opinions down our throats is not on.

Much in the same way as I never talk about my opinion on religion because it's my personal beliefs not factual information.

No they shouldn’t be silenced but those who disagree with them need to get better at putting their argument over with countering evidence.

When an individual, for either nefarious purposes or out of personal belief, posts something on social media that incites others to believe damaging untruths that have a tangible effect on others health or life, then that is morally wrong and illegal.

If I was to post something to incite another to hate a different race or religion, my posts would be taken down and no doubt I would be arrested and charged.

If I was to post false information about a business to damage it's reputation, although far more difficult, that company would peruse getting the false posts removed and possibly peruse the poster for damages.

So why is it the suggestion that the antivaxers misinformation isn't any less damaging or harmful?

Why do some consider the removal of this information as a slippery slope?

You do not know if the origin of this antivax information was created as a way of harming the UK?

If I was an extremist (which I am not) who hated the west, what's the best way to indiscriminately harm and kill people without getting yourself arrested or killed? By letting a virus do it for you..

Germ warfare at the cost of concocting a theory that the vaccine will harm you, all done anonymously from the comfort of your home.

Make it sound convincing, stick in some frequently seen facts and twist them until they fit your false theory and suddenly you will have people believing you and posting the false theory on for you.. It self perpetuates and goes from being rubbish to almost being a truth because so many people now believe it..

This is why this kind of disinformation is so dangerous.

We see where truths and facts come from; they are legitimately reported on platforms that are regulated.

Unregulated and unsolicited information has no control, we have seen this recently with Trump. Twitter only started to remove his rants after it was reported on Tv media news that trumps tweets were unfounded.

Social media walks a very thin line, they love the clickbait that people post, it's what earns them money.

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

"Its a slippy slope for a number of reasons.

D"

It’s not a slippery slope at all. At long last bookface and twiter are having to flag up basic fact checking after pressure from various governments and the reputable press.

Talk of arguments going underground is just nonsense, outside of a few loonies. The gullible just casually flit through their social media feeds picking up on any old rubbish about the pyramids being built by Volgons from planet Huxo.

That’s the sort of misinformation that absolutely should be legislated against from appearing in the mainstream when presented as fact.

Chelmsford

"Observers should note the way that this thread has gone.

"Organisations are free to limit content on their site as they see fit."

"Communism!"

"I agree with free speech subject to legal restrictions, although disinformation is a challenge"

"No one must contradict the Tory Party!"

It rather tells you who's thinking about this and who's just spouting lines."

It's been muted by the Labour party actually..

the wetlands

"No they shouldn’t be silenced but those who disagree with them need to get better at putting their argument over with countering evidence."

You can't argue with idiots it's a well known fact they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Manchester (she/her)

"No they shouldn’t be silenced but those who disagree with them need to get better at putting their argument over with countering evidence.

You can't argue with idiots it's a well known fact they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

"

And they don't argue honestly and shift the goal posts. See thimerosol and autism. After its all but entire removal from paediatric vaccines in the US in 2002, no reduction in autism has been seen.

Why's this? Umm umm... It must be maternal epigenetic damage. It's still the vaccines.

Thing is, it'll always be the vaccines because they don't care about the evidence.

Some posts/threads are already removed such as Bill Gates ones, especially when uncomfortable truths are talked about.

"Some posts/threads are already removed such as Bill Gates ones, especially when uncomfortable truths are talked about."

There we go again. Calling something an ‘uncomfortable truth ‘ doesn’t make it true,

Derry

"No they shouldn’t be silenced but those who disagree with them need to get better at putting their argument over with countering evidence.

And they don't argue honestly and shift the goal posts. See thimerosol and autism. After its all but entire removal from paediatric vaccines in the US in 2002, no reduction in autism has been seen.

Why's this? Umm umm... It must be maternal epigenetic damage. It's still the vaccines.

Thing is, it'll always be the vaccines because they don't care about the evidence."

That technique is discussed on youtube in a video called The Alt-Right Playbook: Never Play Defense. The series is worth watching. You will see the same technique here.

in Lancashire

"Some posts/threads are already removed such as Bill Gates ones, especially when uncomfortable truths are talked about."

Conspiracy theorists bs I think is the commonly accepted term..

Manchester (she/her)

Thing is, it'll always be the vaccines because they don't care about the evidence.

That technique is discussed on youtube in a video called The Alt-Right Playbook: Never Play Defense. The series is worth watching. You will see the same technique here."

Yes.

Our arguments are good, our evidence is solid.

Intellectual honesty is our problem, because the other side don't abide by the rules

Chelmsford

Evidence is often built on sand

Chelmsford

A survey in a local paper here polled 1800 people. 63% said they would take the vaccine and 37% said they would not.

Should the paper be banned from reporting this ?

westerham

"A survey in a local paper here polled 1800 people. 63% said they would take the vaccine and 37% said they would not.

Should the paper be banned from reporting this ?"

If it’s factual and wasn’t a result of a leading question, then no.

Leicestershire

"A survey in a local paper here polled 1800 people. 63% said they would take the vaccine and 37% said they would not.

No, they aren't peddling a nutjob conspiracy.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

Freedom of speech is important .. though I still think posts linked with conspiracy theory/anti-Vaxx / Bill Gates data chip theory are a bit dangerous.

I'm afraid I don't believe a bit of it .. but some are becoming more and more brainwashed by ' facts' that quite often do not come from reputable/provable sources. Not unlike living in the head of Donald Trump at the moment where fact becomes fiction and vice versa!

Censorship is dangerous but sometimes necessary.I guess we have to hope that when those sort of fake facts are published people are a bit sharper than they seem to be over the pond and take no notice of them .

By *hades Of Grey OP   Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"

A survey in a local paper here polled 1800 people. 63% said they would take the vaccine and 37% said they would not.

Should the paper be banned from reporting this?

"

I think all media has a responsibilty to moderate their reports to accurately reflect the facts, and a responsibility not to emphasise opinions based on false assumptions and inaccurate information. Sadly this is often not the case. For instance, did the newspaper report state the reasons why 37% said they would not take the vaccine? Perhaps 80% of the 37% are waiting for confirmation that the vaccine is safe before they take it. If that was the case then around 92% would actually take the vaccine.

No, that is factually based information.

No need to ban fact, whether good or bad..

Just need to censor the bullshit that does harm and pollutes the minds of the those easily led..

There are many who should know better and need to wake up and get a good dose of reality. There are those, like my cousin, who are disabled and have learning difficulties, who do believe everything they read on the internet.

Is it really fair to be causing unnecessary distress to someone because they are unable to differ between fact and fiction?

A person who has paranoid schizophrenia with delusions of grandeur (for good measure) really does not need to be exposed to the rubbish that conspiracists spout; the untruths pedalled by the armchair warriors who have a sad existance, That's all they can do to fill their time.

So take off your PlayStation headset and take a break from shooting up some war torn apocalyptic state with your online mates, go for a walk, the world outside is beautiful.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Perfect spelling or grammar is not compulsory on the forum, please don't correct peoples spelling as it can put people off from posting

Chelmsford

"Perfect spelling or grammar is not compulsory on the forum, please don't correct peoples spelling as it can put people off from posting"

Here Here !

the wetlands

No, but if they go on to say anything about Bill Gates, mercury or any other fantasy then it should be banned

By *ensualguy70TV/TS  over a year ago

Renfrew

Ahh so you who believe in the vaccinations are happy us anti vaccination people shoukd have our freedom of speech removed is that what is being said here???

Manchester (she/her)

Should the paper be banned from reporting this ?

No, but if they go on to say anything about Bill Gates, mercury or any other fantasy then it should be banned"

I'm more about responsibility in reporting. If a newspaper reports anti vax views, they should make it clear that these views are fringe and unsupported by evidence

Manchester (she/her)

"Ahh so you who believe in the vaccinations are happy us anti vaccination people shoukd have our freedom of speech removed is that what is being said here??? "

Nope. Although it's fascinating that that's consistently the refrain.

Fab can limit expression as they see fit as a private entity. If Fab did, you could speak elsewhere within the limits of free speech already at law.

the wetlands

"Ahh so you who believe in the vaccinations are happy us anti vaccination people shoukd have our freedom of speech removed is that what is being said here??? "

I believe your quite entitled to refuse tbe vaccine

You're quite entitled to tell others your going to refuse it

Your not entitled to cut and paste some shite from Sandras facebook page and try and encourage others to believe it and then argue with them when they disagree.

The key word here is "believe".

More people need to read the science, understand how vaccinations work and what steps are taken to bring a vaccine to the market.

Knowledge removes the need for "belief".

Then you can either understand how the vaccine works. And make a choice to take it or not". Or of course you're free to believe anything.

Who's Sandra?

Manchester (she/her)

"Ahh so you who believe in the vaccinations are happy us anti vaccination people shoukd have our freedom of speech removed is that what is being said here???

More people need to read the science, understand how vaccinations work and what steps are taken to bring a vaccine to the market.

Then you can either understand how the vaccine works. And make a choice to take it or not". Or of course you're free to believe anything."

Are most people able to understand high level science? I know I'm not, I'm not appropriately trained and statistical analysis makes me want to shoot myself.

By *ensualguy70TV/TS  over a year ago

Renfrew

Sandras facebook who is Sandra???

For 13 years ive been researching the government and their quangos enough to know they don't have our best interest at heart.

Ive taken on the government and their quangos not just for me but other people and ive won because i exposed their corruption.

i dont believe any rights should be given up not a virus thats not even in the top ten of killers.

Once you give them up you dont get them back,

Yes end of conversation

westerham

"Sandras facebook who is Sandra???

For 13 years ive been researching the government and their quangos enough to know they don't have our best interest at heart.

Ive taken on the government and their quangos not just for me but other people and ive won because i exposed their corruption.

i dont believe any rights should be given up not a virus thats not even in the top ten of killers.

Once you give them up you dont get them back, "

What rights are you referring to? There’s no serious suggestion that it will be compulsory to take a vaccine.

Manchester (she/her)

"Sandras facebook who is Sandra???

Once you give them up you dont get them back, "

My right to spew conspiracy theories on other people's platforms is not one I hold dear.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Yes! Let's let's remove peoples opinions ! Jesus christ!

By *ervent_fervourMan  over a year ago

Halifax

Or goes against the science.

To me, libertarian is synonymous with deluded.

Even the Daily Mail has finally rowed back on supporting anti-vaxxers.

Probably don't want any more of their readers to unnecessarily snuff it I reckon.

Probably don't want any more of their readers to unnecessarily snuff it I reckon. "

The daily mail can get fucked as well,giving Marcus rashford a hard time after what he's achieved

Manchester (she/her)

Probably don't want any more of their readers to unnecessarily snuff it I reckon.

The daily mail can get fucked as well,giving Marcus rashford a hard time after what he's achieved "

They sure can. For so many reasons.

By *reampie_vickyTV/TS  over a year ago

Wigan

Oh that's a great idea, why not add a swastika logo on the homepage of fabswingers while you're at it...!

If you do not believe in freedom of speech you are nothing as a human.

Halifax

The daily mail can get fucked as well,giving Marcus rashford a hard time after what he's achieved "

YO Dash !!!

I'd ask if you were joking, but sadly, with that piece of shitbag alarmist 'populist' poison, I can't say I can.

"Given that the Government may consider requiring Anti-Vaxxer and Conspiracy posts to be removed from social media, should Fab be doing the same?

Oh that's a great idea, why not add a swastika logo on the homepage of fabswingers while you're at it...!

If you do not believe in freedom of speech you are nothing as a human."

Now Cummings has gone I don't expect this issue to go any further

The daily mail can get fucked as well,giving Marcus rashford a hard time after what he's achieved

YO Dash !!!

I'd ask if you were joking, but sadly, with that piece of shitbag alarmist 'populist' poison, I can't say I can. "

How ya doing me. Schloooooooooooooong, long time pal

Manchester (she/her)

I suggest people look up what freedom of speech is.

There are already a huge number of things that you cannot discuss on Fab, due both to the law and Fab policies above the law.

Suggesting that limitations on speech in a certain context are Nazism is an overreaction and insulting to the memory of those who actually suffered under that regime.

YO Dash !!!

I'd ask if you were joking, but sadly, with that piece of shitbag alarmist 'populist' poison, I can't say I can.

How ya doing me. Schloooooooooooooong, long time pal "

Mr*

Halifax

Except when it's false.

Or even worse, knowingly false.

Or worse still, kills people.

Free speech isn't a right which should be abused. If it does that, you lose that right I reckon.

Otherwise, yes,as you say, you can get, among other things, fascism.

So in that sense I agree with you.

"Ahh so you who believe in the vaccinations are happy us anti vaccination people shoukd have our freedom of speech removed is that what is being said here???

Then you can either understand how the vaccine works. And make a choice to take it or not". Or of course you're free to believe anything.

Are most people able to understand high level science? I know I'm not, I'm not appropriately trained and statistical analysis makes me want to shoot myself."

You can read it at plenty of science based sites that give you the information in an understandable way, and then link to the core research if you want to know more.