FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Vaccine shouldn't be compulsory...but

Vaccine shouldn't be compulsory...but

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've read a lot in the media and other outlets of numbers of people saying they won't be having the vaccine when offered. I have no problem with that, it's their free choice.

However, given the global situation we're living in I firmly believe that the vaccination should include a centrally databased log of everyone that has received it. This should be accompanied by a vaccination certificate that you need to produce in the future when traveling abroad, booking tickets for festivals, theatres, any organised event. If you want to avail yourself of these things the certificate needs to be shown, no certificate... No travel/entry.

You still retain the right to refuse the vaccination, you just don't risk spreading it by traveling or mingling in large gatherings.

Just my opinion, off to put my tin helmet on now

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I've read a lot in the media and other outlets of numbers of people saying they won't be having the vaccine when offered. I have no problem with that, it's their free choice.

However, given the global situation we're living in I firmly believe that the vaccination should include a centrally databased log of everyone that has received it. This should be accompanied by a vaccination certificate that you need to produce in the future when traveling abroad, booking tickets for festivals, theatres, any organised event. If you want to avail yourself of these things the certificate needs to be shown, no certificate... No travel/entry.

You still retain the right to refuse the vaccination, you just don't risk spreading it by traveling or mingling in large gatherings.

Just my opinion, off to put my tin helmet on now "

I'm pro-vaxx and will be having it when available but I think some of this is a little extreme. I do agree with the travelling rule though; if we have to have malaria/yellow fever etc jabs before going to certain countries then it would make sense to have the covid one as per the destination country's rules, yes.

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

What you are suggesting makes sense, every country needs to know who and when people have had the vaccine from what I understand it will take several weeks to be effective.

By *ate_BMan  over a year ago

London

Fair point made. I was called an anti-vaxxer this week because I criticised the rush to wheel a vaccine out. We're all engineered differently so I'd much prefer they get it right first time.

By *moothCriminal_xMan  over a year ago

Redditch

"Fair point made. I was called an anti-vaxxer this week because I criticised the rush to wheel a vaccine out. We're all engineered differently so I'd much prefer they get it right first time. "

Im not worried given the type of vaccine it is and the safety data checks out.

Id like to see parents who refuse to vaccinate their kid made to home school them though. And make it an offence for them to travel on public transport for the next 12 months until the virus is under control more

By *eachyone69Couple  over a year ago

exeter

"Fair point made. I was called an anti-vaxxer this week because I criticised the rush to wheel a vaccine out. We're all engineered differently so I'd much prefer they get it right first time.

Id like to see parents who refuse to vaccinate their kid made to home school them though. And make it an offence for them to travel on public transport for the next 12 months until the virus is under control more"

Is the Covid vaccine going to be offered to children?

By *emmabTV/TS  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Vaccines are required for travel to a number of countries throughout the world before covid so why should a caronavirus vaccine should be any different. My brother and his family live in Perth Australia and there is no way I will be able to see him in the future without myself and my family having a vaccination. The federal and State goverment have already said it will be compulsory to travel to Western Australia.

By *onton MacouteMan  over a year ago

Phoenix

You might not get it for a while well not in high enough numbers to do you all in the UK. The priority will be to immunise people in the US first with a far smaller percentage going overseas.

Will people who have had the vaccine not meet people who haven't? Fab wise I mean

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

"Fair point made. I was called an anti-vaxxer this week because I criticised the rush to wheel a vaccine out. We're all engineered differently so I'd much prefer they get it right first time.

Id like to see parents who refuse to vaccinate their kid made to home school them though. And make it an offence for them to travel on public transport for the next 12 months until the virus is under control more

Is the Covid vaccine going to be offered to children? "

Certainly not for a long time - the priority will be vulnerable people first. If it turns out it needs an annual booster its going to be a huge task so I suspect lower vulnerable groups may never be included.

"The federal and State goverment have already said it will be compulsory to travel to Western Australia.

"

I hope and fully expect Europe to follow suit, thereby forcing BoJo's hand in taking it on board

By *ailingSwagmanMan  over a year ago

North Essex / Midlands / Southcoast

Age and risk wise I am probably going to be low down on NHS deployment risk.

Am I happy about most likely having to have a 'rushed out' vaccine recipe... not really, but due to frequent and overseas travel for work it is pretty much going to be inevitable to carry on life as was 'normal'.

Certainly not for a long time - the priority will be vulnerable people first. If it turns out it needs an annual booster its going to be a huge task so I suspect lower vulnerable groups may never be included."

That was my thoughts also

Just the gentleman saying about forcing people to home school children who don't have the vaccine, I thought maybe they had announced plans to offer it to children (non medically vulnerable children)

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

The way that the "herd immunity" model works, is by reducing the number of available contacts. It varies from one virus to the next, but generally once we get to 65% of the population with immunity then it becomes much less likely for the infection to grow.

"The way that the "herd immunity" model works, is by reducing the number of available contacts. It varies from one virus to the next, but generally once we get to 65% of the population with immunity then it becomes much less likely for the infection to grow."

But herd immunity would only work if you became immune to the virus after having it, right?

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

At present, although awaiting final plan, it is the elderly and extremely vulnerable and then over 50s, that leaves a lot of people wanting the vaccine but maybe not available to them. So although a vaccine certificate works in theory, it will only work if everyone is entitled to have the vaccine.

Long way to go in this process yet and any form of normality

[Removed by poster at 15/11/20 21:01:07]

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"The way that the "herd immunity" model works, is by reducing the number of available contacts. It varies from one virus to the next, but generally once we get to 65% of the population with immunity then it becomes much less likely for the infection to grow.

But herd immunity would only work if you became immune to the virus after having it, right? "

No, it doesn't matter where the immunity comes from, the principle is the same. There will be some that have been infected, some who are just immune, and some that are vaccinated.

By *ent in BlackMan  over a year ago

Silsden

I’ll be having it. My personal thought is if you don’t want to you should sign a waiver saying you won’t request NHS treatment if you end up with covid.

I am aware there will be people who genuinely can’t have it, I mean people who flatly refuse.

Now, I’m fully aware it seems harsh, but that’s my opinion apologies if it offends.

So you have a vaccine that's 90% effective, think I stick with my immune system that's 99.95% effective thanks .

At present, although awaiting final plan, it is the elderly and extremely vulnerable and then over 50s, that leaves a lot of people wanting the vaccine but maybe not available to them. So although a vaccine certificate works in theory, it will only work if everyone is entitled to have the vaccine.

Long way to go in this process yet and any form of normality "

Yes I did see the original proposed priorities list

Just thought maybe it had changed from what the man said about not vaccinating children and not letting them go to school

"I’ll be having it. My personal thought is if you don’t want to you should sign a waiver saying you won’t request NHS treatment if you end up with covid.

I am aware there will be people who genuinely can’t have it, I mean people who flatly refuse.

Now, I’m fully aware it seems harsh, but that’s my opinion apologies if it offends."

Would you propose this in relation to any available vaccine or just Covid?

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Long way to go in this process yet and any form of normality

Yes I did see the original proposed priorities list

Just thought maybe it had changed from what the man said about not vaccinating children and not letting them go to school "

Maybe he wasn’t aware under 18s aren’t planning on being offered the vaccine; but then again they are the bashing boards at the moment

Silsden

"I’ll be having it. My personal thought is if you don’t want to you should sign a waiver saying you won’t request NHS treatment if you end up with covid.

Now, I’m fully aware it seems harsh, but that’s my opinion apologies if it offends.

Would you propose this in relation to any available vaccine or just Covid? "

That’s a really good point I didn’t think of. Well pointed out. I was referring to Covid in this response.

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

No it’s not in the initial plan

No it’s not in the initial plan"

Thanks

I thought not

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"Will people who have had the vaccine not meet people who haven't? Fab wise I mean"

Wouldn’t matter if you’d been vaccinated would it .... the ones that choose not to be vaccinated will be the ones putting themselves at risk.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

the original post isn't something I'd support

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"I've read a lot in the media and other outlets of numbers of people saying they won't be having the vaccine when offered. I have no problem with that, it's their free choice.

I agree 100%

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

a register of those that have, and those haven't...

"Your papers, please"

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think different states are going to continue to impose their own rules beyond the introduction of the vaccine - and you can't blame them, as many have been incredibly successful in keeping their citizens safer than here and others. It will be a good thing to improve international confidence in travel safety again.

People will have free will and it may stop in many places after a few years, or just imposed on arrivals from specific countries deemed higher risk levels.

By *usybee73Man  over a year ago

in the sticks

"a register of those that have, and those haven't...

"Your papers, please"

"

The new normal ...

By *j48Man  over a year ago

Wigan

To be called an identity card.. NAZI Germany had them as do every communist country now..

Be very careful what you ask for...

Hoist by his own petard

Silsden

To be called an identity card.. NAZI Germany had them as do every communist country now..

Hoist by his own petard

"

I’ve carried an ID card all my working life. No dramas here.

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

Certificate, more wasted trees.

How about a chip inplant or smartphone app

Wigan

Hoist by his own petard

I’ve carried an ID card all my working life. No dramas here."

That's the point, depends what's on it, very quickly becomes a control of freedom if abused.

Issuing a fine for some Covid contravention. Issuing a fine for parking in the wrong place, driving too fast, leaving rubbish out in a black bin bag instead of using a wheelie bin, dropping litter etc etc..

So you're only allowed out of your house between 7am and 7pm, weekdays only.

Travel of more than 10 miles from home is forbidden

Foreign travel is forbidden.

Internet access is restricted.

Road blocks, checkpoints to ensure you obey... Etc etc

See what's coming?

By *otsMan  over a year ago

Higham

I have no issue with that

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Evil forces at work here..

Stifle debate .. worrying

Hoist by his own petard

That's the point, depends what's on it, very quickly becomes a control of freedom if abused.

Issuing a fine for some Covid contravention. Issuing a fine for parking in the wrong place, driving too fast, leaving rubbish out in a black bin bag instead of using a wheelie bin, dropping litter etc etc..

See what's coming?

"

You do realise literally all of those things can be monitored right now, without the use of an D card

The only reason you don't know about it is because, unless all that stuff points to you building a bomb or being a serial killer, NOBODY CARES.

Silsden

Hoist by his own petard

See what's coming?

"

Sorry I really can’t see that coming.

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

Now, I’m fully aware it seems harsh, but that’s my opinion apologies if it offends."

Is that not like insisting people who don’t use condoms should sign a waiver not to get NHS treatment for sexually transmitted diseases?

By *rnyladniMan  over a year ago

Limavady

"So you have a vaccine that's 90% effective, think I stick with my immune system that's 99.95% effective thanks ."

Considering it has a mortality rate of 3-4% your math is slightly off

Chelmsford

Could it be the lobby...

Everyone forced to take vaccine...drug companies get rich...

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

I'm not sure this is any different to any other vaccine; there will always be a small minority who will not have it for a multitude of personal reasons.

This is only a small proportion of the population spread across a large area.

It's their choice and any outbreaks will be small and localised..

The issue is that to get life back to normal, I suspect we will be issued a certificate of immunisation which will allow us to attend sporting events, concerts, cinema, travel abroad, etc..

Before anyone shouts it's against my civil liberty, we do have to have vaccination to visit certain countries, nobody complains getting a typhoid shot when going on holiday.. well it's holiday, I don't want to miss out on my holiday..

so why is this any different?

Why would you not have the covid jab if it meant you could return to doing the things you love?

"Certificate, more wasted trees.

How about a chip inplant or smartphone app"

Hence my point in my original post re,: Centrally Databased log.

A certificate doesn't need to be paper, it can be an electronic certificate

Chelmsford

But censor anyone who objects..

Thin end of the wedge..

Everyone impregnated with a substance not proven...

What are they trying to hide

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"Evil forces at work here..

Stifle debate .. worrying"

Try reading the firat post - it's a hypothetical conversation not 'evil forces' nonsense.

Chelmsford

The labour party are trying to suppress any platform against vaxxing ..

Not good

Wigan

Hoist by his own petard

See what's coming?

You do realise literally all of those things can be monitored right now, without the use of an D card

The only reason you don't know about it is because, unless all that stuff points to you building a bomb or being a serial killer, NOBODY CARES. "

Yes I know, I should have said see whats coming next?

Cashless society. Rental only of houses.

Any form of vehicle priced so the masses can't afford one.

Facial recognition cameras on evey other lamp post.

Freedom of speech removed

News censored

Failure to obey will result in the closure of your bank accounts.

Homeless

Pennyless

And in some correctional institute learning how great your leaders are..

Have a look at China. That's what's coming next

Leicestershire

"The labour party are trying to suppress any platform against vaxxing ..

Not good"

And how are they going to do that?

Chelmsford

Not good

"

Ask them...their policy not mine

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Could it be the lobby...

Everyone forced to take vaccine...drug companies get rich..."

Nobody's being forced to take the vaccine.

Chelmsford

"Could it be the lobby...

Everyone forced to take vaccine...drug companies get rich...

Nobody's being forced to take the vaccine. "

Not yet..

Leicestershire

"

News censored

Homeless

Pennyless

Have a look at China. That's what's coming next"

Why would anyone want to do any of this and who are they?

"

News censored

Homeless

Pennyless

Why would anyone want to do any of this and who are they? "

Bill Gates.

Leicestershire

Not good

Ask them...their policy not mine"

Let's hope the Conservatives decide to do the same.

Chelmsford

"

News censored

Homeless

Pennyless

Why would anyone want to do any of this and who are they? "

Exactly.. question this..

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Just who would you be spreading it to? Others who havent bothered being vaccinated or the people who have been vaccinated. If they have been, then whats the problem?Do you you think the vaccination doesnt protect you? If 25% of the population refuse it, you have already cut the current numbers of people catching it by at least 75%.

Why not stop them from entering supermarkets, pubs, hospitals? Fuck it, lock them up in their houses and nail the windows shut. Its not workable and unneccessary.

Chelmsford

Just who would you be spreading it to? Others who havent bothered being vaccinated or the people who have been vaccinated. If they have been, then whats the problem?Do you you think the vaccination doesnt protect you? If 25% of the population refuse it, you have already cut the current numbers of people catching it by at least 75%.

Why not stop them from entering supermarkets, pubs, hospitals? Fuck it, lock them up in their houses and nail the windows shut. Its not workable and unneccessary."

So it's 90% effective they claim.. so if everyone took it and went to Glastonbury then 10000 could come away with it.. money men at work here

By *couseratMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Hoist by his own petard

"

How is having an immunisation card, like being in nazi Germany.

As we all have to prove that we have had certain vaccinations, when we visit some countries. Who knows after brexit, you might need a card before entering spain, italy or other European countries.

Or are you just twisting the story, to get your twopence in.

Leicestershire

"

So it's 90% effective they claim.. so if everyone took it and went to Glastonbury then 10000 could come away with it.. money men at work here "

Do you eat breakfast or does the fact that Weetabix comes in a yellow box and ends with an 'X' signify there's a conspiracy afoot?

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Agree 100% Infind those who wont take it are the ones moaning and wailing about lockdown restrictions. And want everyone else to take the risk for them. I have no time for such people

"Agree 100% Infind those who wont take it are the ones moaning and wailing about lockdown restrictions. And want everyone else to take the risk for them. I have no time for such people"

You have to remember that the views of the demographic that uses the fab forum (or more specifically, comments on the virus threads) are not representative of our society's views as a whole. As per the latest survey, only 1/5 of the people (taken from a sample of 70,000) are flat out refusing to take it. With the removal of anti-vaxx propaganda messaging, that fraction will likely decrease

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

You got a big brother?

I am a healthcare worker and we have been told to expect to be offered the vaccination before Christmas. I will have it for a number of reasons, my work obviously being one of them.

I believe in the future it will become the norm to be asked if you have been vaccinated against Covid and I do see a time when people will state on their Fab profiles that they have a vaccine certificate.

I believe that it’s personal choice and respect people for whatever they decide to do.

I don’t think it should be mandatory but I do think there could be restrictions placed on those who decide not to have it.

Miss V

By *dores blackmenWoman  over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

"I am a healthcare worker and we have been told to expect to be offered the vaccination before Christmas. I will have it for a number of reasons, my work obviously being one of them.

I believe in the future it will become the norm to be asked if you have been vaccinated against Covid and I do see a time when people will state on their Fab profiles that they have a vaccine certificate.

I believe that it’s personal choice and respect people for whatever they decide to do.

I don’t think it should be mandatory but I do think there could be restrictions placed on those who decide not to have it.

Miss V"

Being a health care worker myself I have no problem having it

My concern is there is no test to say it has worked on an individual,it may not and that will give a false belief your safe to get back to normality

Also I don't know about anyone else but I don't want to show,certificates with my full name,plus a driving license(to prove its me) if I fancy meeting a new guy privately,I would be happy to show it at a swinging club entrance as they protect your information,just not an individual

It may not become mandatory but it may become forced,if restrictions placed as you may not be able to go to an event for example,they will be excluded

There are so many if's and but's at the moment,not enough knowledge about it yet,so many questions need answering

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"So you have a vaccine that's 90% effective, think I stick with my immune system that's 99.95% effective thanks ."

Apples and pears.

90% effective in terms of catching covid vs 99.95% (that untrue stat again) of not dying.

If you catch it you put those around you at risk. Don't you care about anyone around you going through a life this experience?

At 60, if you catch covid 19, there is a 10% chance you will end up in hospital. You take a hospital bed. A bed that would otherwise have been required for someone in need of it for unavoidable reasons. You will need doctors and nurses to treat you. Doctors and nurses who are needed to treat patients with unavoidable medical conditions.

You might not care if you are putting the NHS under pressure and therefore the well-being of others. Fortunately for you, other people do care which means you probably will have a hospital bed available for you.

I bet you are the type complaining that there are more indirect covid deaths due to lockdown than actual deaths yet your ignorance will extend lockdown.

The vaccine is as safe as any and vaccines are responsible for saving the lives of many more people than have side effects.

[Removed by poster at 16/11/20 07:18:30]

Then your on a slippery slope, so someone hasn't worked so they haven't contributed to the NHS so they won't get treatment and so it starts.... its funny to see that anyone who questions a vaccine which has been produced for a virus that 9 months ago no one knew anything about is already being labeled an anti vaxer. Debate is being shut down before it even starts a bit like all the phobic labels that are used in the same way.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

I prefer to wait and watch. I won't be having the vaccine until I decide to. Ms

Then your on a slippery slope, so someone hasn't worked so they haven't contributed to the NHS so they won't get treatment and so it starts.... its funny to see that anyone who questions a vaccine which has been produced for a virus that 9 months ago no one knew anything about is already being labeled an anti vaxer. Debate is being shut down before it even starts a bit like all the phobic labels that are used in the same way.

"

I think this is the problem

Being cautious does not make someone an anti vaxxer

I’ve always had issues with antivaxers but I’ve seen the issues arise from the idiots who don’t vaccinate their children. I’m a pro vaxer and I’m on the list for the 2nd roll out of the jab, I can’t wait, I will also be encouraging my friends and family to vaccinate when available for them

For all of you who insist it's mandatory for all to have it, that if someone exercises their choice not to have it or their kids they have to have freedom of rights removed, this vaccine does not stop anyone carrying it, or passing it on to others.

My understanding of this one only helps you as the one vaccined not to get it much like the flu vaccine.

I can understand where you're coming from it it did stop the spread but the vaccine doesn't as you can spread it.

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

However, given global situation we're living in I firmly believe that the vaccination should include a centrally databased log of everyone that has received it. This should be the by a vaccination certificate that you need to produce in the future when traveling abroad, booking tickets for festivals, theatres, any organised event. If you want to avail yourself of these things the certificate needs to be shown, no certificate... No travel/entry.

Hoist by his own petard

See what's coming?

The right to protest?

"

I think this is the problem

Being cautious does not make someone an anti vaxxer

"

I've found most pro vaxxers act much like trump, bully others and want to force it on everyone without even considering that the other may have legitimate concerns. They rarely consider these concerns and usually just respond in a way to isolate the individual.

The only way to move forward is together not the way they push it.

It's the same with any emotive subject on fab, just because some disagrees with it or has concerns about it, they shouldn't be made to feel be littles or put down.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

The vaccine is as safe as any

"

How do you know ?

Silsden

"

No I never mentioned people who don’t work.

This thread has amazed me how people think the world has a mass agenda to enslave everyone. Oh and Bill Gates is to blame

It is expected that COVID-19 vaccines may protect against severe infection, but not necessarily prevent mild or asymptomatic infection. If this is the case, a vaccinated person could still spread the virus if they are infected. This is why it is expected that even after a vaccine becomes available, people will need to use masks and practice social distancing measures for some time.

Also a vaccine does not work the same in all demographic groups. Generally the elderly do not respond the same as younger people to a vaccine. This is the case with influenza. The vaccine given to the elderly is a more concentrated dose than used for a younger person.

No I never mentioned people who don’t work.

This thread has amazed me how people think the world has a mass agenda to enslave everyone. Oh and Bill Gates is to blame "

How many raised this suggestion of a mass agenda and BG taking world dominance? What others have said there is it's a slippery slope. Don't be a dick.

"My understanding of this one only helps you as the one vaccined not to get it much like the flu vaccine."

Ergo it reduces the severity of the virus if you're unfortunate enough to catch it. Which means the potential to save millions of lives globally.

The simplistic way of viewing it - I've been vaccinated but are carrying the virus and I'm in contact with you, who haven't been vaccinated. I'm suffering flu like symptoms, you however run the risk of potential fatality or spreading it to others that haven't been vaccinated thereby increasing their risk of fatality.

No, you're quite right saying it's not proven yet that it prevents the spreading of the virus, but what it does do is make the difference between spreading the flu and spreading a potentially fatal virus.

[Removed by poster at 16/11/20 09:00:44]

If its essential so I can be part of society as in work, leisure pursuits and going abroad, of course I will be having it.

Anyone who refuses to have the vaccine I will refuse to work with.

I will not board a plane under the same circumstances.

Do not pay benefits to people or furloughed staff who refuse the vaccination.

I may sound brutal but I'm sick of all these people who think they know better than experts and professionals.

We're losing so much time it's time to get our lifes back on track.

Of course just my opinion here but do feel free to block me if you don't agree.

[Removed by poster at 16/11/20 09:01:40]

Something to think about.....

I am a free human being and if you want to stay home, stay home. That's your sovereign right to choose.

If you want to wear a mask, wear a mask. That is your sovereign right to choose.

If you want to avoid large crowds, avoid large crowds. That's your sovereign right to choose.

I am not required to descend into poverty for YOU.

I am not required to abstain from human contact for YOU.

I refuse to participate in "quarantine life" until there's an unsafe, untested vaccine released in eighteen months.

I refuse to receive a vaccine to make others feel more safe because that is MY sovereign right to choose!

If you're convinced the vaccine is safe and effective, you can get it yourself.

Some of you are allowing fear and policies devoid of scientifically accurate data to destroy the country you live in and ruin your life.

We have a constitutional right to take risks. Life is full of bacteria and viruses, many of which spread before symptoms manifest and after they subside.

We have a sovereign right to receive OR refuse vaccines.

The data was inaccurate at best; purposely overblown to justify government overreaction at worst.

Stop allowing the government to destroy:

The food supply;

Small businesses;

Medical autonomy;

Access to healthcare;

Mass gatherings;

Privacy rights;

Our mental health & freedom

When the "new normal" is filled with starvation, depression, suicide, child abuse, domestic violence, imprisonment, governmental spying, and pure DESPERATION, the "virus" is going to look preferable to the world you helped facilitate.

I’m going to turn this around on people from now on. Those who say I'm (or anyone that supports this) putting money over lives by wanting the country back open for business, hear this:

-YOU don't care about the people who will kill themselves out of hopelessness

-YOU don't care about small businesses that'll close their doors (THEIR LIVELIHOOD) permanently

-YOU don't care about the children/women/men who will be victims of domestic abuse

-YOU don't care about people defaulting on their mortgages

-YOU don't care about bills going unpaid by families with ZERO income right now

-YOU don't care about people wondering where their next meal will come from

-YOU don't care about the people who will lose their sobriety and slip back into alcoholism

-YOU don't care about the people who will starve

-YOU support the inevitable looting that'll take place

-YOU don't care about anyone who is murdered the longer this shut down goes on

-YOU don't care about people's mental health

-YOU don't care about the children who DO need teachers and educators to guild & educate them

-YOU don't care about the economy crashing down around us

-YOU DON'T CARE.

-YOU love your shackles

begging your leaders for MORE shut down and MORE regulations and MORE handouts

I will NOT tolerate another person telling me that I don't care about lives.

I care about the situation in its entirety.

But YOU don't care about any of that so...

YOU stay home.

YOU wear a mask.

YOU live in fear.

I on the other hand will not as is my soverign right to choose NOT TO!

Leeds

How did you get this sovereign right ?

Something to think about.....

I am a free human being and if you want to stay home, stay home. That's your sovereign right to choose.

If you want to wear a mask, wear a mask. That is your sovereign right to choose.

If you want to avoid large crowds, avoid large crowds. That's your sovereign right to choose.

I am not required to descend into poverty for YOU.

I am not required to abstain from human contact for YOU.

I refuse to participate in "quarantine life" until there's an unsafe, untested vaccine released in eighteen months.

I refuse to receive a vaccine to make others feel more safe because that is MY sovereign right to choose!

If you're convinced the vaccine is safe and effective, you can get it yourself.

Some of you are allowing fear and policies devoid of scientifically accurate data to destroy the country you live in and ruin your life.

We have a constitutional right to take risks. Life is full of bacteria and viruses, many of which spread before symptoms manifest and after they subside.

We have a sovereign right to receive OR refuse vaccines.

The data was inaccurate at best; purposely overblown to justify government overreaction at worst.

Stop allowing the government to destroy:

The food supply;

Small businesses;

Medical autonomy;

Access to healthcare;

Mass gatherings;

Privacy rights;

Our mental health & freedom

When the "new normal" is filled with starvation, depression, suicide, child abuse, domestic violence, imprisonment, governmental spying, and pure DESPERATION, the "virus" is going to look preferable to the world you helped facilitate.

I’m going to turn this around on people from now on. Those who say I'm (or anyone that supports this) putting money over lives by wanting the country back open for business, hear this:

-YOU don't care about the people who will kill themselves out of hopelessness

-YOU don't care about small businesses that'll close their doors (THEIR LIVELIHOOD) permanently

-YOU don't care about the children/women/men who will be victims of domestic abuse

-YOU don't care about people defaulting on their mortgages

-YOU don't care about bills going unpaid by families with ZERO income right now

-YOU don't care about people wondering where their next meal will come from

-YOU don't care about the people who will lose their sobriety and slip back into alcoholism

-YOU don't care about the people who will starve

-YOU support the inevitable looting that'll take place

-YOU don't care about anyone who is murdered the longer this shut down goes on

-YOU don't care about people's mental health

-YOU don't care about the children who DO need teachers and educators to guild & educate them

-YOU don't care about the economy crashing down around us

-YOU DON'T CARE.

-YOU love your shackles

begging your leaders for MORE shut down and MORE regulations and MORE handouts

I will NOT tolerate another person telling me that I don't care about lives.

I care about the situation in its entirety.

But YOU don't care about any of that so...

YOU stay home.

YOU wear a mask.

YOU live in fear.

I on the other hand will not as is my soverign right to choose NOT TO!"

Looks like we need a vaccine to help prevent all of the above... Oh wait!

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Something I don't understand about this database idea:

There is only a finite amount of vaccine available. Certain groups and individuals will have priority. I am a assuming that the very healthy, young and least at risk will be last in line. Does this mean that this group will be the last who are able to resume normalcy?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Constitutional rights

Oh honey

Manchester (she/her)

"Something I don't understand about this database idea:

There is only a finite amount of vaccine available. Certain groups and individuals will have priority. I am a assuming that the very healthy, young and least at risk will be last in line. Does this mean that this group will be the last who are able to resume normalcy?"

Yes, but a) there are multiple vaccine candidates in the late stages and b) production is ramping up

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

They say it’s 90% successful but that’s with lockdown and restricted living so surely if life was normal I’d expect that to be less because people would be closer for longer periods.

And if having COVID doesn’t protect you from getting it again, how will a vaccine?

Manchester (she/her)

"They say it’s 90% successful but that’s with lockdown and restricted living so surely if life was normal I’d expect that to be less because people would be closer for longer periods.

And if having COVID doesn’t protect you from getting it again, how will a vaccine?

"

It's comparing infections with infections, and I believe the data is mostly in the US, where restrictions are in some cases less than what they were.

Vaccine immunity is different from natural immunity (how, I don't know, immunology is hard and I'm not a scientist)

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

I have travelled all over the world, to places where vaccines are compulsory. I cannot get immune through vaccination, but I still paid for the vaccines to tick the box on my visa, despite the fact that they were completely ineffective!

Where Covid is concerned, I would prefer to decline the vaccine so it can go to people who CAN get immune and benefit from it. But the OP theory would mean that I would be excluded from enjoying all of the things I did pre Covid. So I would be forced to have an ineffective vaccine, take it from somebody else, just to tick a box and go to a concert.

I do believe there should be a global database with a record of everyone who has been vaccinated, but it does not mean that all of those people have immunity. Plus, none of us know how long immunity will last as it hasn't been tested for long enough.

I am not anti vaxx and I am encouraging people to trust the vaccine for the greater good. But I think too many people are relying on this alone to get back to normal, when we know very little about it.

"I have travelled all over the world, to places where vaccines are compulsory. I cannot get immune through vaccination, but I still paid for the vaccines to tick the box on my visa, despite the fact that they were completely ineffective!

Where Covid is concerned, I would prefer to decline the vaccine so it can go to people who CAN get immune and benefit from it. But the OP theory would mean that I would be excluded from enjoying all of the things I did pre Covid. So I would be forced to have an ineffective vaccine, take it from somebody else, just to tick a box and go to a concert.

I do believe there should be a global database with a record of everyone who has been vaccinated, but it does not mean that all of those people have immunity. Plus, none of us know how long immunity will last as it hasn't been tested for long enough.

I am not anti vaxx and I am encouraging people to trust the vaccine for the greater good. But I think too many people are relying on this alone to get back to normal, when we know very little about it. "

Could you clarify what you mean by say you cannot getting immunity from vaccine and then you say those who can get immunity from having it?

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"They say it’s 90% successful but that’s with lockdown and restricted living so surely if life was normal I’d expect that to be less because people would be closer for longer periods.

"

Can't comment on the efficacy because I've not read enough about it, but re: immunity, the vaccines contain adjuvants which help to stimulate the strongest immune response plus we might need boosters of it. It's very likely vaccine derived immunity from the Covid jab isn't life long, but then again very few vaccines offer life long immunity.

We actually don't really know if having Covid naturally confers immunity for a particular period of time. Lots has been published about antibody levels after X months but little about T cell memory which is much harder to assay for. The fact there have been so few genuine reinfections worldwide suggests a decent span of immunity as we are now almost 12 months from the first infections in China.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

The closest thing we have to a vaccine only 90% effective

"I have travelled all over the world, to places where vaccines are compulsory. I cannot get immune through vaccination, but I still paid for the vaccines to tick the box on my visa, despite the fact that they were completely ineffective!

I am not anti vaxx and I am encouraging people to trust the vaccine for the greater good. But I think too many people are relying on this alone to get back to normal, when we know very little about it. "

I fully understand where you're coming from, I genuinely believe this virus is here to stay and unfortunately we are going to have to learn to live with it. That said, in time we can mitigate it's severity and I truly believe we'll see the day we can return to 'normal' not just the 'new normal'. If vaccines help more people to also enjoy that day then I'm all for putting my faith in them.

"How did you get this sovereign right ?"

Common law research it...

Chelmsford

People are forgetting that the stakes are huge here..

And those stakes are driven by one thing..

Money.. why the race to get the vaccine out first.. Money..

Why the threat of closing down dissenters .. Money..

It's all about the Money folks..

Manchester (she/her)

"How did you get this sovereign right ?

Common law research it... "

Can't comment on the efficacy because I've not read enough about it, but re: immunity, the vaccines contain adjuvants which help to stimulate the strongest immune response plus we might need boosters of it. It's very likely vaccine derived immunity from the Covid jab isn't life long, but then again very few vaccines offer life long immunity.

We actually don't really know if having Covid naturally confers immunity for a particular period of time. Lots has been published about antibody levels after X months but little about T cell memory which is much harder to assay for. The fact there have been so few genuine reinfections worldwide suggests a decent span of immunity as we are now almost 12 months from the first infections in China."

What I've found interesting in the past month is the levels of new infections have dropped massively in those countries that first had it a year ago. I'm wondering if we will see a similar trend when our time arrives in a couple months time too.

Is this a natural decline in the virus or is it more to do with social behaviour and respect towards others?

Birkenhead/Liverpool

I am not anti vaxx and I am encouraging people to trust the vaccine for the greater good. But I think too many people are relying on this alone to get back to normal, when we know very little about it.

Could you clarify what you mean by say you cannot getting immunity from vaccine and then you say those who can get immunity from having it?

"

It means that I am part of the 2% of the population for which the body rejects vaccines and they are completely useless. I'm spesh lol

On the flip side, the rest of the 98% are susceptible to vaccines and will hopefully achieve a level of protection, but until the vaccine is fully tested and we know more, we don't know how much protection that will be and for how long x

It means that I am part of the 2% of the population for which the body rejects vaccines and they are completely useless. I'm spesh lol

On the flip side, the rest of the 98% are susceptible to vaccines and will hopefully achieve a level of protection, but until the vaccine is fully tested and we know more, we don't know how much protection that will be and for how long x"

I was sure as it just seemed a contradiction but didn't want to assume.

There are still a lot of unanswered questions that even virologists and other scientists don't know either about the vaccines.

I note most of those here pushing the vaccine seem to think having it will just stop the spread. I'm not convinced of this. Having the vaccine reduces the individual from getting covid in a sever form. They can still spread it around to others from what I've read.

Chelmsford

On the flip side, the rest of the 98% are susceptible to vaccines and will hopefully achieve a level of protection, but until the vaccine is fully tested and we know more, we don't know how much protection that will be and for how long x

There are still a lot of unanswered questions that even virologists and other scientists don't know either about the vaccines.

I note most of those here pushing the vaccine seem to think having it will just stop the spread. I'm not convinced of this. Having the vaccine reduces the individual from getting covid in a sever form. They can still spread it around to others from what I've read."

Sounds as much use as a chocolate frying pan then but at least you can eat a chocolate frying pan

I note most of those here pushing the vaccine seem to think having it will just stop the spread. I'm not convinced of this. Having the vaccine reduces the individual from getting covid in a sever form. They can still spread it around to others from what I've read.

Sounds as much use as a chocolate frying pan then but at least you can eat a chocolate frying pan"

It'll mean a lot less strain on the NHS. It'll please all those who put economy and hardship over deaths as going back to work wouldn't be such an issue as it currently has been. Those who feel their rights to having sex whenever and with whomever is no longer deprived of them.

What it doesn't remove though is one can pass it on to others even if you are vaccinated and so it's not the golden pass that many think it is.

I note most of those here pushing the vaccine seem to think having it will just stop the spread. I'm not convinced of this. Having the vaccine reduces the individual from getting covid in a sever form. They can still spread it around to others from what I've read."

The reason we are in lockdown at the moment is to help the NHS cope. At the moment, it is the high amount of severe cases which are increasing hospital admissions and taking up beds. If we had the same rate of spread but the resulting infection was less severe (ie on the same level of a nasty cold that you can treat at home), we would have less admissions, less deaths, and lockdown/social distancing restrictions could ease.

the wetlands

And what if the others are also vaccinated ?

Chelmsford

If anybody remembers the Thalidomide scandal then they will remember that it was thought to be perfectly safe..

For that alone I respect the anti vaxers and imo the bullying treatment of them is another scandal

They'll take it even further. No certificate, no access to anything!

Sort of like 'mark of the beast?'

A digital 'certificate'.

The sheeple's don't see it though & they're the ones who're going to allow this to happen without a fight.

the wetlands

"If anybody remembers the Thalidomide scandal then they will remember that it was thought to be perfectly safe..

For that alone I respect the anti vaxers and imo the bullying treatment of them is another scandal"

A prime example of posting what you know nothing about because you read it in Facebook and think somehow it justifies your personal opinion.

Completely irrelevant

the wetlands

They'll take it even further. No certificate, no access to anything!

Sort of like 'mark of the beast?'

A digital 'certificate'.

The sheeple's don't see it though & they're the ones who're going to allow this to happen without a fight."

Fear leads to abuse not a good way to get your point across.

Chelmsford

"If anybody remembers the Thalidomide scandal then they will remember that it was thought to be perfectly safe..

For that alone I respect the anti vaxers and imo the bullying treatment of them is another scandal

A prime example of posting what you know nothing about because you read it in Facebook and think somehow it justifies your personal opinion.

Completely irrelevant"

No. I saw it at school before we even had Facebook. It's an illustration of science and medicine telling the public that it's perfectly when the reverse was true

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I honestly don’t understand why people get so het up about people who don’t want to take the vaccine and vice versa.

Take it or don’t take it. Matters not to me.

Chelmsford

Perhaps the authorities will force the unclean scapegoat non vaccinated to wear a symbol on their clothes...

"I've read a lot in the media and other outlets of numbers of people saying they won't be having the vaccine when offered. I have no problem with that, it's their free choice."

Just to reiterate my opening point on my original post.

I also understand those taking the 'We won't be told what to do' stance, similar was heard with the banning of smoking in pubs and restaurants, the enforcement of the wearing of seatbelts, the criminalisation of drink/driving. Thankfully in general they've come to be regarded as a positive thing generally, even though at the time they seemed to be seen alienating sections of society.

"Your papers, please"

"

Is starting to sound like the tin hatters could end up right eh?!

I don't agree with the OP, nor many of the points made about doing so... Oh and I am not a tin hatter btw

Manchester (she/her)

"Your papers, please"

I don't agree with the OP, nor many of the points made about doing so... Oh and I am not a tin hatter btw"

Err how is this different from NI number, NHS number, voter registration, literally anything else?

Ooh, official documentation of things. Must be Nazis. No. No need for documentation for anything else ever.

the wetlands

Completely irrelevant

No. I saw it at school before we even had Facebook. It's an illustration of science and medicine telling the public that it's perfectly when the reverse was true"

So nothing has been learned in the last 50 years

Completely irrelevant

Manchester (she/her)

I would have thought that if medicine were so super scary and evil, people would have more recent examples of major crises.

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

I'll be having one of other of the vaccines as soon as the NHS offers it to me. Indeed as I'm likely to be in the last category (I'm under 50 with no health conditions) I may investigate if it's possible to have it privately.

"Your papers, please"

I don't agree with the OP, nor many of the points made about doing so... Oh and I am not a tin hatter btw

Err how is this different from NI number, NHS number, voter registration, literally anything else?

Ooh, official documentation of things. Must be Nazis. No. No need for documentation for anything else ever."

What I said was slightly in jest.... But... Do you have proof you were vacinated for anything else and were you forced to have them? The examples you gave aren't really comparable either tho,in my opinion

Manchester (she/her)

"Your papers, please"

Ooh, official documentation of things. Must be Nazis. No. No need for documentation for anything else ever.

What I said was slightly in jest.... But... Do you have proof you were vacinated for anything else and were you forced to have them? The examples you gave aren't really comparable either tho,in my opinion"

I'm unusual in that I don't have proof before I was 24. But I imagine most with intact NHS records do, and I can be tested for it if necessary (titers). Or give me more jabs, I don't mind.

I have no idea why people think this is so terrifying. We need to bring this ruinous pandemic to an end. Vaccines will be a huge step in doing so. Vaccines have an excellent safety profile and have saved hundreds of millions of lives, possibly more. The vaccines in production have undergone extensive testing including for safety, learning from the disasters in our medical past.

By *ntrepid ExplorersCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Your papers, please"

Ooh, official documentation of things. Must be Nazis. No. No need for documentation for anything else ever."

Because some discredited fool on Youtube told them it is.

That said, as a totally average, not at risk person I'll be the last to get to the front of the queue, so what would we do in the meantime? It'd be most important early on, but hardest to implement. Presumably once, say, 50% of people have it, then those left would be unlikely to need it particularly anyway, and those then catching it will almost certainly be fine, as they're the low risk ones left over.

"Your papers, please"

What I said was slightly in jest.... But... Do you have proof you were vacinated for anything else and were you forced to have them? The examples you gave aren't really comparable either tho,in my opinion"

Pretty sure I have records somewhere of my MMR vaccinations.

Manchester (she/her)

"Your papers, please"

What I said was slightly in jest.... But... Do you have proof you were vacinated for anything else and were you forced to have them? The examples you gave aren't really comparable either tho,in my opinion

Pretty sure I have records somewhere of my MMR vaccinations. "

Before I moved here I was told I should check for measles immunity, as there was an issue in Manchester at the time. My doctors gave me a blood test, my rubella immunity was waning, so they gave me another shot. (Can't prove that either, but that's how you do it)

Manchester (she/her)

"Your papers, please"

Because some discredited fool on Youtube told them it is.

That said, as a totally average, not at risk person I'll be the last to get to the front of the queue, so what would we do in the meantime? It'd be most important early on, but hardest to implement. Presumably once, say, 50% of people have it, then those left would be unlikely to need it particularly anyway, and those then catching it will almost certainly be fine, as they're the low risk ones left over."

It might not be fine and we should probably still be careful, depending on background levels of infection.

the wetlands

"Your papers, please"

Pretty sure I have records somewhere of my MMR vaccinations. "

My gp gave me a printout with every vaccination since birth

Should I be afraid

Luton

I am unaware of any records of my vaccinations as a child. My childhood GP died many years ago and I don't have a clue what the name of the surgery was or how to find out. I had the MMR as an adult when I moved to the USA for a time but I don't have a written record of it as far as I know.

Generally I am totally against anyone having the authority to ask me for "papers" and I wil never carry ID around. This plague may be the one exception. If we need vaccination certificates in order to get back to socialising, gigs, swinging etc. Then so be it.

If you were on a meet and the person asked to see proof of your latest STI check results, would you or would you not just show them the text?

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

a vaccine that's, 90% effective in trials does not mean it will be 90% effective once it goes into mass production. They expect the, effectiveness to fall to around 50 or 60% much as, its done with the flu jab. Yes, it may help but it can't do it all on it's own.

Manchester (she/her)

"If you were on a meet and the person asked to see proof of your latest STI check results, would you or would you not just show them the text? "

I would, and I have.

I have an NHS issued card for my prescriptions. Another bit of plastic in my wallet saying I've had a jab doesn't worry me in the slightest.

Manchester (she/her)

"So you have a vaccine that's 90% effective, think I stick with my immune system that's 99.95% effective thanks .a vaccine that's, 90% effective in trials does not mean it will be 90% effective once it goes into mass production. They expect the, effectiveness to fall to around 50 or 60% much as, its done with the flu jab. Yes, it may help but it can't do it all on it's own. "

What's your evidence that effectiveness will reduce that much?

Is it because you're comparing the flu to a corona virus, when it's a different type of virus with a much lower level of antigenic drift?

"Your papers, please"

I'm unusual in that I don't have proof before I was 24. But I imagine most with intact NHS records do, and I can be tested for it if necessary (titers). Or give me more jabs, I don't mind.

I have no idea why people think this is so terrifying. We need to bring this ruinous pandemic to an end. Vaccines will be a huge step in doing so. Vaccines have an excellent safety profile and have saved hundreds of millions of lives, possibly more. The vaccines in production have undergone extensive testing including for safety, learning from the disasters in our medical past."

I am not an anti vaxer or believe any of the crazy that is going around the Internet about all of this but I don't believe we should be forced to have one, especially when it cannot have been tested enough in the time frame, as have all the ones I have had, as a child and adult, side effects can and are as or more destructive than what they treat, even when they have been tested over years and passed... My medical records show my vaccines but I have never had anything to prove this, myself, to allow travel or otherwise... The malaria example from further up the thread is not really the same either (can't remember who posted it) plus, as also said... It is also likely that not everyone will be offered it so surely this kind of restriction can't happen anyway

the wetlands

"So you have a vaccine that's 90% effective, think I stick with my immune system that's 99.95% effective thanks .a vaccine that's, 90% effective in trials does not mean it will be 90% effective once it goes into mass production. They expect the, effectiveness to fall to around 50 or 60% much as, its done with the flu jab. Yes, it may help but it can't do it all on it's own. "

And who exactly is "they" and where exactly did "they" get their information to base this assumption that you seem to trust more than the development and test team ?

Manchester (she/her)

I think we've seen that restrictions certainly can and do happen...

The short testing scaremongering is scaremongering. Vaccine side effects are less over the population than the diseases they prevent or ameliorate.

I trust the medical process and the government approval process, same as I do in every other area of my life.

By *reampie_vickyTV/TS  over a year ago

Wigan

The huge problem any so called vaccination certificate would like many other documents be very very easy to fake and if it is something everybody is required to have on them at all times to gain entry in to shops/pubs/clubs or travel abroad then it will be rolled out quickly and cheaply making them simple and quick to fake so it will never happen and if it does anybody with half a brain can reproduce one at home

Manchester (she/her)

The huge problem any so called vaccination certificate would like many other documents be very very easy to fake and if it is something everybody is required to have on them at all times to gain entry in to shops/pubs/clubs or travel abroad then it will be rolled out quickly and cheaply making them simple and quick to fake so it will never happen and if it does anybody with half a brain can reproduce one at home "

Anti forgery measures exist, and declarations like these would make it more likely that such records would be able to be cross checked against a database... which is more worrying privacy wise.

The huge problem any so called vaccination certificate would like many other documents be very very easy to fake and if it is something everybody is required to have on them at all times to gain entry in to shops/pubs/clubs or travel abroad then it will be rolled out quickly and cheaply making them simple and quick to fake so it will never happen and if it does anybody with half a brain can reproduce one at home "

It could just be as simple as an account on the gov.uk website that you log into. It's 2020, I think we're past the paper stage.

Manchester (she/her)

The huge problem any so called vaccination certificate would like many other documents be very very easy to fake and if it is something everybody is required to have on them at all times to gain entry in to shops/pubs/clubs or travel abroad then it will be rolled out quickly and cheaply making them simple and quick to fake so it will never happen and if it does anybody with half a brain can reproduce one at home

It could just be as simple as an account on the gov.uk website that you log into. It's 2020, I think we're past the paper stage. "

I'd rather have a piece of plastic with an anti forgery bit in it, but if people want to make it hackable and insecure by kicking off...

"It is also likely that not everyone will be offered it so surely this kind of restriction can't happen anyway "

Once a vaccination is in general circulation it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Countries (especially those that have been hit hardest) turn round and make proif of vaccination compulsory for entry. Nor would I blame them for doing so.

Birmingham

"Anti forgery measures exist, and declarations like these would make it more likely that such records would be able to be cross checked against a database... which is more worrying privacy wise."

Have a database of who's not had it then. As soon as you have it, you're deleted from the database. Simples!

Birmingham

"It is also likely that not everyone will be offered it so surely this kind of restriction can't happen anyway

Once a vaccination is in general circulation it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Countries (especially those that have been hit hardest) turn round and make proif of vaccination compulsory for entry. Nor would I blame them for doing so."

Since when did countries make "profits"??

Manchester (she/her)

"Anti forgery measures exist, and declarations like these would make it more likely that such records would be able to be cross checked against a database... which is more worrying privacy wise.

Have a database of who's not had it then. As soon as you have it, you're deleted from the database. Simples!"

Ooh I like this.

A centrally governed database would make it far harder to get away with false documentation. Think about your passport, it's not just a 'does the photo look like you' anymore, it's a chip reader that scans information in seconds. Adding vaccination date to scannable records would be simple.

Manchester (she/her)

"The huge problem any so called vaccination certificate would like many other documents be very very easy to fake and if it is something everybody is required to have on them at all times to gain entry in to shops/pubs/clubs or travel abroad then it will be rolled out quickly and cheaply making them simple and quick to fake so it will never happen and if it does anybody with half a brain can reproduce one at home

A centrally governed database would make it far harder to get away with false documentation. Think about your passport, it's not just a 'does the photo look like you' anymore, it's a chip reader that scans information in seconds. Adding vaccination date to scannable records would be simple."

Given the enormous cost of all of this, it wouldn't surprise me if this kind of record came into being.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

For that alone I respect the anti vaxers and imo the bullying treatment of them is another scandal"

You do know that it wasn't as a result of a vaccine, right?

Luton

Thalidomide is also the reason why we have the very tight regulations on new medicines and vaccines before they come into the market.

Things were very different then. And thalidomide was not originally intended for the purpose it got used for. Indeed it is still prescribed to this day for its intended use in cancer patients.

"Thalidomide is also the reason why we have the very tight regulations on new medicines and vaccines before they come into the market.

Things were very different then. And thalidomide was not originally intended for the purpose it got used for. Indeed it is still prescribed to this day for its intended use in cancer patients."

And skin conditions

Chelmsford

You do know that it wasn't as a result of a vaccine, right? "

The same principle applies..

Silsden

"I am unaware of any records of my vaccinations as a child. My childhood GP died many years ago and I don't have a clue what the name of the surgery was or how to find out. I had the MMR as an adult when I moved to the USA for a time but I don't have a written record of it as far as I know.

Generally I am totally against anyone having the authority to ask me for "papers" and I wil never carry ID around. This plague may be the one exception. If we need vaccination certificates in order to get back to socialising, gigs, swinging etc. Then so be it."

You can ask your surgery for access to System one. They will give you a login. All your vaccination history (except that don’t by the armed forces or private companies) is listed from birth.

North West

"Thalidomide is also the reason why we have the very tight regulations on new medicines and vaccines before they come into the market.

Things were very different then. And thalidomide was not originally intended for the purpose it got used for. Indeed it is still prescribed to this day for its intended use in cancer patients."

Exactly. Citing something that happened in the 1950/60s isn't helpful in the modern, 21st century regulatory environment.

By *anarkshirelassCouple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

Contentious interpretation of having the vaccine or not....

I envisage the requirement of staff having the vaccine may also be a necessity with some employers.

Why?.....Well If I run a business and employ a good number of people then I'm open to the continuing loss of my staff for a minimum of 14 days should someone come into contact or be diagnosed as positive. This could be ongoing and happen quite a few times over a period of time and obviously that'll have a massive and negative impact on my business.

So there's an issue for the workers themselves to consider.

If you want to remain working here, have the immunisation, if you don't then thanks for your contribution but I'll have to let you go as I cant ignore your decision and cant take chance that impacts on the business

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

Was interested to hear on the 'annual flu' vaccine that they are asking children to have it this year.

As it mutates each year, would everyone be expected to have a folder full of their various injections?

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

[Removed by poster at 16/11/20 18:45:25]

Leeds

Why would you need a folder ? It is on your electronic NHS record.

North West

"Was interested to hear on the 'annual flu' vaccine that they are asking children to have it this year.

As it mutates each year, would everyone be expected to have a folder full of their various injections?"

Children age 2 and 3 have been on the list since the nasal spray was invented. My son (18) had the nasal spray from age about 14 but had the jab flu vaccine from about age 5 or 6 onwards. He has asthma.

Chelmsford

"Contentious interpretation of having the vaccine or not....

I envisage the requirement of staff having the vaccine may also be a necessity with some employers.

Why?.....Well If I run a business and employ a good number of people then I'm open to the continuing loss of my staff for a minimum of 14 days should someone come into contact or be diagnosed as positive. This could be ongoing and happen quite a few times over a period of time and obviously that'll have a massive and negative impact on my business.

If you want to remain working here, have the immunisation, if you don't then thanks for your contribution but I'll have to let you go as I cant ignore your decision and cant take chance that impacts on the business

"

Employment law lawyers might love that stance..

Leicestershire

Employment law lawyers might love that stance.."

...and won't have a leg to stand on if the law changes to allow this...

...and won't have a leg to stand on if the law changes to allow this..."

I know the health minister for Wales said today he has no intention of making a vaccine mandatory or changing any laws to make it such. Fuck knows what England will do.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Certificate, more wasted trees.

How about a chip inplant or smartphone app"

I'm hoping that was a joke.

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

...and won't have a leg to stand on if the law changes to allow this...

I know the health minister for Wales said today he has no intention of making a vaccine mandatory or changing any laws to make it such. Fuck knows what England will do. "

Hancock has been quoted as saying he would not rule out mandatory Covid vaccination.

Leicestershire

"

Hancock has been quoted as saying he would not rule out mandatory Covid vaccination."

I'm not ruling out me becoming Pope by dinnertime...

If I want to visit a country and they want only vaccinated travellers to come in then I can expect to be turned away at the border. Travelling and being a guest in another country is a privilege not a right or do us Brits think that if we wave our currency around they will beg for us to go there.

Beggars belief some peoples attitude. No vaccine, no holiday abroad is probably going to be the outcome.

The reason we are in lockdown at the moment is to help the NHS cope. At the moment, it is the high amount of severe cases which are increasing hospital admissions and taking up beds. If we had the same rate of spread but the resulting infection was less severe (ie on the same level of a nasty cold that you can treat at home), we would have less admissions, less deaths, and lockdown/social distancing restrictions could ease. "

Of course it will help. It's the reason the elderly and vulnerable will be targeted first with the vaccine.

It's the reason we have all been asked to wear masks, social distance and act like responsible adults by playing our part. That wasn't happening and so lockdown and tiers were put in place against so many numpties complaining and more concerned about economy over deaths and NHS breaking.

Now they think the vaccine is their answer so they don't have to be adult about things. Sorry to burst their bubble, but they'll still have restrictions, masks, distancing even with the vaccine. That's my point.

Chelmsford

Not having a holiday is the least of my worries..

I would not care if I never had to pack a bag again.. holidays are over rated on my book.. they just bring me misery

"If I want to visit a country and they want only vaccinated travellers to come in then I can expect to be turned away at the border. Travelling and being a guest in another country is a privilege not a right or do us Brits think that if we wave our currency around they will beg for us to go there.

Beggars belief some peoples attitude. No vaccine, no holiday abroad is probably going to be the outcome."

Anyone traveling should have a test done at the airport before boarding. That's the first stage as that stops most of the spread. The vaccine is really only for personal safety as I see it ATM. Even yesterday they admitted it doesn't show that someone with the vaccine cannot stil spread it to others.

NW London

"If I want to visit a country and they want only vaccinated travellers to come in then I can expect to be turned away at the border. Travelling and being a guest in another country is a privilege not a right or do us Brits think that if we wave our currency around they will beg for us to go there.

Beggars belief some peoples attitude. No vaccine, no holiday abroad is probably going to be the outcome."

Surely a test prior to departure or entry would be a better and more effective solution?

Manchester (she/her)

Beggars belief some peoples attitude. No vaccine, no holiday abroad is probably going to be the outcome.

Surely a test prior to departure or entry would be a better and more effective solution?"

Why, when a vaccine is available?

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

Surely a test prior to departure or entry would be a better and more effective solution?

Why, when a vaccine is available?"

First stage, show proof of vaccination; if you have that, then second stage, test to show you’re not symptomatic.

Fail either, you can turn round and go home.

Manchester (she/her)

First stage, show proof of vaccination; if you have that, then second stage, test to show you’re not symptomatic.

Fail either, you can turn round and go home."

Depends on what the vaccine does I suppose, in terms of contagion and illness. Time will tell.

NW London

Why, when a vaccine is available?"

Firstly, a vaccine does not guarantee immunity from infection. Somebody could carry it unkowningly into a country that does not have a widespread vaccine program (developing nations for example).

Secondly, travel for those least at risk will be restricted for a longer period. Especially if production does not match demand as more people move into the priority groups (age for example). Potentially people in their 20s and 30s could be limited in movement for a prolonged period.

Thirdly, what about those who have safety or ethical concerns about vaccination? Vivisectionists for example. Also those who have legitimate concerns about the untested nature of a new vaccine.

Manchester (she/her)

Firstly, a vaccine does not guarantee immunity from infection. Somebody could carry it unkowningly into a country that does not have a widespread vaccine program (developing nations for example).

Secondly, travel for those least at risk will be restricted for a longer period. Especially if production does not match demand as more people move into the priority groups (age for example). Potentially people in their 20s and 30s could be limited in movement for a prolonged period.

Thirdly, what about those who have safety or ethical concerns about vaccination? Vivisectionists for example. Also those who have legitimate concerns about the untested nature of a new vaccine."

It's up to countries - or indeed airlines - to set their own requirements to let you in.

I don't share your concerns on this matter. I think vaccine (or medical exemption) mandates are wholly appropriate. Maybe as well as a negative test.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

The conspiracy nuts would have an absolute field day and meltdown with this.

Manchester (she/her)

"The conspiracy nuts would have an absolute field day and meltdown with this. "

By *essiejamesABCCouple  over a year ago

Salisbury

...and won't have a leg to stand on if the law changes to allow this..."

Health and safety of the other vaccinated employees. It won't be an issue legally at all. They may have to give the non vaccinated employee a cooling of period, say 7 days to change his mind and get vaccinated.

I think employers will and should take this stance, if you are working in a large factory with 100s of staff one person with covid could devastate the factory.

Just look at recent examples in food factory's.

Manchester (she/her)

I suspect that at least for a few years after this, the emphasis will be on protecting people from Covid rather than individual rights.