FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Will Sage spoil the Christmas turkey

Will Sage spoil the Christmas turkey

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *orwegian Blue OP   Man  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Following the initial claim by the Scientific Advisors of 2 days for every day lockdown restrictions are removed over Christmas, SAGE are now stating it's more like 5 days for every day...

Potentially 25 days of restrictions following Christmas!

But hang on a minute, currently the suggested period of isolation is 14 days?

Surely if a 14 days quarantine period was applied, after that time you are virus free?

It Seems to be working at the moment, I can't quite comprehend why at Christmas it could be any different..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There was a member of sage on LBC this morning who said he didn’t know where they got the data to back up the 2 day/ 5 day theory from.

He said as long as it remains at small family gatherings it would only have a minimal effect on transmission.

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

"Following the initial claim by the Scientific Advisors of 2 days for every day lockdown restrictions are removed over Christmas, SAGE are now stating it's more like 5 days for every day...

Surely if a 14 days quarantine period was applied, after that time you are virus free?

It Seems to be working at the moment, I can't quite comprehend why at Christmas it could be any different..

Isolation and lockdown are different things. If there are 4 people in your house and you all isolate, then you would have to isolate in a separate room from each other and not meet each other for 14 days. This is very unlikely to happen. Lockdown is what we are all going through now.

"

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

He said as long as it remains at small family gatherings it would only have a minimal effect on transmission."

So for Christmas lunch my son comes who is a teacher, my daughter who is at college, my other son who is in university halls, my other daughter who is married to a production engineer in a factory. You are saying there is only a minimal chance of passing the virus on to my 85 year old parents who would also have lunch with us ?

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"

He said as long as it remains at small family gatherings it would only have a minimal effect on transmission.

So for Christmas lunch my son comes who is a teacher, my daughter who is at college, my other son who is in university halls, my other daughter who is married to a production engineer in a factory. You are saying there is only a minimal chance of passing the virus on to my 85 year old parents who would also have lunch with us ?"

Common sense is optional

Leeds

It seems to me that when my family have been so careful since March it is reckless to risk everything for one day.

By *rben112Man  over a year ago

worcester

[Removed by poster at 19/11/20 18:19:20]

By *rben112Man  over a year ago

worcester

"It seems to me that when my family have been so careful since March it is reckless to risk everything for one day. "

I agree 100%

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"It seems to me that when my family have been so careful since March it is reckless to risk everything for one day. "

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"

So for Christmas lunch my son comes who is a teacher, my daughter who is at college, my other son who is in university halls, my other daughter who is married to a production engineer in a factory. You are saying there is only a minimal chance of passing the virus on to my 85 year old parents who would also have lunch with us ?"

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Following the initial claim by the Scientific Advisors of 2 days for every day lockdown restrictions are removed over Christmas, SAGE are now stating it's more like 5 days for every day...

"

There is a world of difference between quarantine and restrictions. If there was a total quarantine of (almost) everyone for 2 weeks, that would as you say have a huge effect.

Cal

sage hell no you cant have stuffing without it

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

Don't like, sage, and I definately don't like Sage, enough said

Boris for gods sake wake up man

"

no unfortunately you have to stay compleatly alone

By *igh wide and handsomeMan  over a year ago

Dagenham

I don't know what the fuss is about, I've been isolating in January and February for years, rubbish months.

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

No mix it with onion & breadcrumbs to make a stuffing

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"

So for Christmas lunch my son comes who is a teacher, my daughter who is at college, my other son who is in university halls, my other daughter who is married to a production engineer in a factory. You are saying there is only a minimal chance of passing the virus on to my 85 year old parents who would also have lunch with us ?

Common sense is optional"

But, and I’m only using the previous poster saying so, ( not peer reviewed....!) a member of sage has said he doesn’t know where the figures came from. Isn’t he one of the people who do the science that we follow?

"

No a member of Spi- m did.

"

Common sense is optional

But, and I’m only using the previous poster saying so, ( not peer reviewed....!) a member of sage has said he doesn’t know where the figures came from. Isn’t he one of the people who do the science that we follow? "

Actually it’s PHE who are quoting the 5 days not sage.

wigan

"

Common sense is optional

But, and I’m only using the previous poster saying so, ( not peer reviewed....!) a member of sage has said he doesn’t know where the figures came from. Isn’t he one of the people who do the science that we follow?

Actually it’s PHE who are quoting the 5 days not sage."

I was only quoting you

"

Common sense is optional

I was only quoting you "

Wrongly it seems.

By *ustforfun49Man  over a year ago

chesterfield

Why don't we all just do as we are told and then the sooner we will all get out of this.

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

"Why don't we all just do as we are told and then the sooner we will all get out of this. "

Because they are making it up as they go along...

Remember go to work but dont go to work...

Sally I think you are exactly right, with the vaccine fast approaching, my family are considering postponing Christmas for a few weeks, that or having xmas dinner in yorkshire pudding wraps on the beach.....

When those that know more than me say about paying for xmas freedoms later, those statistics could be one of your family, I am probably going to wait that bit longer to see my family I think

Leeds

Xmas dinner in Yorkshire Pudding wraps on the beach is a brilliant idea. Hope it is not so windy to blow off your paper hats.

"No mix it with onion & breadcrumbs to make a stuffing"

We are all stuffed!

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"

No. The comment was aimed at the population as a whole rather than directly at you and your circumstances.

There are many others who are living in low risk families who want to mix with others (such as parents/grandparents) who are low risk.

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

[Removed by poster at 20/11/20 07:51:50]

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

"

Remember go to work but dont go to work... "

Do you know, I don't remember it that way, but may be that's because I wasn't looking for ways to miss interpret it or looking for ways to breach the regulations.

As for making it up as they go along, that's generally what happens with something new, as it's not been tried & tested.

If only more people followed the simple things that have been asked of us, maybe things would have been better by now.

All the whinges on social media about Xmas and seeing family is getting stupid. I'd rather not see family for one year knowing that there was no possibility of having passed anything to them.

Further versions of lockdown for however long after Christmas just so some can have a "normal" time is ludicrous. But hey, if that's what this wonderful "society" wants that we've all been trying to save these past months, I'm glad that I'll not be mixing with anyone. Not to help society, but for my own safety.

wigan

"

Common sense is optional

I was only quoting you

Wrongly it seems. "

There was a member of sage on LBC this morning who said he didn’t know where they got the data to back up the 2 day/ 5 day theory from.

Leeds

"

"

If it has such a minimal effect on transmission, why have the people in Greater Manchester been banned since 30 July from mixing indoors with anyone outside their household ?

"It seems to me that when my family have been so careful since March it is reckless to risk everything for one day.

Sally I think you are exactly right, with the vaccine fast approaching, my family are considering postponing Christmas for a few weeks, that or having xmas dinner in yorkshire pudding wraps on the beach.....

When those that know more than me say about paying for xmas freedoms later, those statistics could be one of your family, I am probably going to wait that bit longer to see my family I think "

Yorkshire pudding wraps.. aren't those pancakes?

Leeds

Yorkshire puddings have sides. Pancakes are flat.

By *lub F Co.DurhamCouple  over a year ago

Stanley

"

Common sense is optional

I was only quoting you

Wrongly it seems.

"

Yes but that minimal effect on transmission is likely to be one or more that’s actually in that small gathering, and on a personal level that bothers me personally....

Yorkshire puddings rolled flat and made into Christmas dinner wraps is the way forward for me....

By *lub F Co.DurhamCouple  over a year ago

Stanley

"

Remember go to work but dont go to work...

Do you know, I don't remember it that way, but may be that's because I wasn't looking for ways to miss interpret it or looking for ways to breach the regulations.

As for making it up as they go along, that's generally what happens with something new, as it's not been tried & tested.

If only more people followed the simple things that have been asked of us, maybe things would have been better by now.

All the whinges on social media about Xmas and seeing family is getting stupid. I'd rather not see family for one year knowing that there was no possibility of having passed anything to them.

Further versions of lockdown for however long after Christmas just so some can have a "normal" time is ludicrous. But hey, if that's what this wonderful "society" wants that we've all been trying to save these past months, I'm glad that I'll not be mixing with anyone. Not to help society, but for my own safety.

"

What he said but tone down the last paragraph.....

By *ottoncandy42Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

members

For one day, to risk a family members life is just stupid, we are living in a pandemic.

By *aria_dreamgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

stockport

I think sage and onion stuffing will go nice with the Xmas turkey. Lol

"Yorkshire puddings have sides. Pancakes are flat. "

Thank you for the clarification, I was more after a gem of information such as pudding wraps are made with self raising flour..

On the subject of puddings, if you make your batter the day before and store in the fridge overnight, it helps the puddings to really puff up.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I haven't watched the news for a while, it was starting to bog me down again.

What exactly are they planning to relax? Pubs etc or is it the household mixing? Or is it a total free for all?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"It seems to me that when my family have been so careful since March it is reckless to risk everything for one day.

members

For one day, to risk a family members life is just stupid, we are living in a pandemic.

"

Yes.

I cancelled Christmas months ago.

Hard times, hard decisions, it sucks, but needs must.

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"

Also depends on your definition of ‘working’

Also depends on your definition of ‘working’"

In that the R rate has been kept well below the estimated natural transmission rate of the virus and spikes in cases have been controlled and reduced.

Not saying it's ideal and no matter what intervention is put in place it will only work if everone buys into it and abides by restrictions.

Boris is a politician that needs to be loved. Christmas has been his obsession for months. I couldn't care less about Christmas day. We need to try and reduce the prevalence of the vaccine.

I haven't met one person calling for a temporary lifting of restrictions on Christmas Day who isn't the press or a politician. It's a no brainer and I will be furious if we are forced into another lockdown so some people can get pissed and eat turkey!

Manchester (she/her)

"Boris is a politician that needs to be loved. Christmas has been his obsession for months. I couldn't care less about Christmas day. We need to try and reduce the prevalence of the vaccine.

I haven't met one person calling for a temporary lifting of restrictions on Christmas Day who isn't the press or a politician. It's a no brainer and I will be furious if we are forced into another lockdown so some people can get pissed and eat turkey!"

Funny how Eid got cancelled the night before in Manchester, too...

But then there are many who have been reckless all along and survived so it's ok in their experience.

One thing they forget is the people they may have unwittingly sentenced to an unfortunate end and the pain and suffering their loved ones now experience. But I guess for them, it doesn't matter if they they don't know whom they have infected and sentenced.

Manchester (she/her)

But then there are many who have been reckless all along and survived so it's ok in their experience.

One thing they forget is the people they may have unwittingly sentenced to an unfortunate end and the pain and suffering their loved ones now experience. But I guess for them, it doesn't matter if they they don't know whom they have infected and sentenced.

"

Yes. I might be fine or have a sniffle. I might pass it on to someone out grocery shopping and they might die or be left with permanent disability. I don't want to do that to anyone, even if I'm ok.

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

We also have a large family and were looking forward to Xmas this year, but like you if you put a logical head on and speculate on all the interactions the assembled will have had two weeks prior to the day it's quite alarming!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

If people all isolated after and were tested, so that they could have a meeting, they may only all get infected and pass it to nobody else.

That's not how this world is working though. And having lots of families infected, in the winter, could place a big strain on the NHS.

It's not worth it. Spread the celebration and meet fewer people. Children only know what we have taught and teach them to expect. Better to have elderly family around for longer and more Christmases than dogmatically to insist on not being flexible

» Add a new message to this topic