FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Lockdown 2

Lockdown 2

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lassy lady 216 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Craigavon

So here we have it what we probably knew was going to happen a second lockdown but instead of closing down what is really causing the problem they are allowed to stay open schools they should never have been reopened after the first lockdown as it is that age group i believe that are causing the highest soread of this the amount of young people i have seen on buses not wearing masks and sitting together with there mates plus not santizing there hands or wearing masks in shops the younger generation need to cop on

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

"So here we have it what we probably knew was going to happen a second lockdown but instead of closing down what is really causing the problem they are allowed to stay open schools they should never have been reopened after the first lockdown as it is that age group i believe that are causing the highest soread of this the amount of young people i have seen on buses not wearing masks and sitting together with there mates plus not santizing there hands or wearing masks in shops the younger generation need to cop on "
I don't think school is as big an issue as u think. We were 1,200 or 1,300 cases a day pre level 5. Were now roughy 400 with schools still open. Young people are pissed off. They're the ones getting the brunt of this as they are the ones with the maximum taken away from them and been continuously asked to "live your life with the thought of the vulnerable. You can't live your own life and do all you enjoy doing". Let's hope this vaccine comes quick and a high % take it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So here we have it what we probably knew was going to happen a second lockdown but instead of closing down what is really causing the problem they are allowed to stay open schools they should never have been reopened after the first lockdown as it is that age group i believe that are causing the highest soread of this the amount of young people i have seen on buses not wearing masks and sitting together with there mates plus not santizing there hands or wearing masks in shops the younger generation need to cop on "

How do you propose education is delivered should schools close?

Craigavon

Yes i understand that they are pissed off and fed up as is everyone they want to try working on the frontline its because they are going to school mixing with their friends then going and visiting grannie and grandad that hospitals are becoming overwhelmed

Schools are not causing greatest spread.

Craigavon

Why cant they have smaller classes only go in 3 days a week online learning stop going and visiting their friends etc outside of school

Tipperary

"Yes i understand that they are pissed off and fed up as is everyone they want to try working on the frontline its because they are going to school mixing with their friends then going and visiting grannie and grandad that hospitals are becoming overwhelmed "
the same line is used all the time "try working on the frontline". Brilliant work they're doing but if covid is here in a years time will we still here the same thing while telling young pekple "You still can't mingle, party till you drop, etc etc. All stuff associated with been young. Living your life to the maximum. It's easy tell young people what they should be doing when that stage of your life has passed and you got to do it all.

Craigavon

A yr or 2 of not being able to party isnt going to kill you but the virus could especially if you have unlying issues think people need to get their priorities right

By *im tim timMan  over a year ago

c

and they also say the supermarkets are also to blame.. and they also blame the mink farms in ireland but the thousands of wild mink running around the countryside are ok..

Tipperary

"A yr or 2 of not being able to party isnt going to kill you but the virus could especially if you have unlying issues think people need to get their priorities right "
A year or 2 of not living your life could kill you, in a very different way, mental health. Something that's been highly forgotten continously in this. Living in lockdowns whether it's 2 or 5 is not normal and it has now taken its toll on people who are at the end of their tether.

"Yes i understand that they are pissed off and fed up as is everyone they want to try working on the frontline its because they are going to school mixing with their friends then going and visiting grannie and grandad that hospitals are becoming overwhelmed the same line is used all the time "try working on the frontline". Brilliant work they're doing but if covid is here in a years time will we still here the same thing while telling young pekple "You still can't mingle, party till you drop, etc etc. All stuff associated with been young. Living your life to the maximum. It's easy tell young people what they should be doing when that stage of your life has passed and you got to do it all. "

It is SO difficult for young people.

"A yr or 2 of not being able to party isnt going to kill you but the virus could especially if you have unlying issues think people need to get their priorities right "

Do you not think education is a priority? I'm not sure there are many primary school children out partying I have two schoolage teenagers and neither they nor their peers are out partying. The two schools they attend both have robust mitigation in place with equally robust disciplinary measures in place for not following the rules which have been put in place.

And again I ask, how do you propose to deliver effective learning if schools were shut down?

"A yr or 2 of not being able to party isnt going to kill you but the virus could especially if you have unlying issues think people need to get their priorities right

Do you not think education is a priority? I'm not sure there are many primary school children out partying I have two schoolage teenagers and neither they nor their peers are out partying. The two schools they attend both have robust mitigation in place with equally robust disciplinary measures in place for not following the rules which have been put in place.

And again I ask, how do you propose to deliver effective learning if schools were shut down?"

Schools are NOT the issue !

"A yr or 2 of not being able to party isnt going to kill you but the virus could especially if you have unlying issues think people need to get their priorities right

And again I ask, how do you propose to deliver effective learning if schools were shut down?

Schools are NOT the issue ! "

Schools should continue

Theres so much to learn from children and young people. The capacity of resilience in them is amazing. They are doing great and they need all the support we can give them. Schools and colleges need to stay open.

Schools are NOT the issue !

Schools should continue "

I'm not sure why you've responded like that to me? I never said schools were an issue

But also those who can't attend because they are at high risk or other reasons need to be supported in every way possible. Teachers are doing great too

I reckon we should open everything back up shops/pubs/hotels,we all know that we have to wash our hands(which we always have) and wear masks by now we should be used to doing it,

By *ailburkeMan  over a year ago

near you

[Removed by poster at 19/11/20 23:27:52]

"I reckon we should open everything back up shops/pubs/hotels,we all know that we have to wash our hands(which we always have) and wear masks by now we should be used to doing it, "

I agree with you. This is ridiculous!

By *allyWally19Woman  over a year ago

The Road to Nowhere

" the amount of young people i have seen on buses not wearing masks and sitting together with there mates plus not santizing there hands or wearing masks in shops the younger generation need to cop on "

I've seen adults do this too

By *ailburkeMan  over a year ago

near you

Schools must stay open ,if the schools close where are the kids to go with both parents working ? Who will sit and ensure their work is done from home ? Who will buy the kids tablets and computers to work on ? Do you really think the kids will sit in the house all day for weeks on end ,every chance they get they will start trying to break down mum and dad so they can go see there friends ,before long the groups of kids that are hanging around after school will be hanging around on corners with notthing to do ,kids are at a very very low risk of been hospitalized from covid ,i understand there is high risk cases out there but you cannot lock everyone up to protect them,yes they need government support but school must stay open

"Yes i understand that they are pissed off and fed up as is everyone they want to try working on the frontline its because they are going to school mixing with their friends then going and visiting grannie and grandad that hospitals are becoming overwhelmed the same line is used all the time "try working on the frontline". Brilliant work they're doing but if covid is here in a years time will we still here the same thing while telling young pekple "You still can't mingle, party till you drop, etc etc. All stuff associated with been young. Living your life to the maximum. It's easy tell young people what they should be doing when that stage of your life has passed and you got to do it all.

It is SO difficult for young people. "

It is so difficult for kids these days in so many ways..Covid or no covid....so many issues confront them ...trying to fit into a society ever before Covid introduced itself..

"Theres so much to learn from children and young people. The capacity of resilience in them is amazing. They are doing great and they need all the support we can give them. Schools and colleges need to stay open."

Well said ...absolutely..Children are doing brilliant in these times ...HUGE SALUTE to each and everyone of them ..HUGE SALUTE

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

Yep lockdown extended in the UK including the north for another 2 weeks wonder will the same happen in the republic numbers still quite high

"I reckon we should open everything back up shops/pubs/hotels,we all know that we have to wash our hands(which we always have) and wear masks by now we should be used to doing it,

I agree with you. This is ridiculous!"

Isnt the Covid count high in Limerick ?... Limerick Hospital is under huge pressure with Covid cases ..no ?...so why would a lady from Limerick agree to the whole place being opened up if theyre already swamped with it on a level 5 lockdown ?....asking for a friend ..please dont shoot the messenger...

"I reckon we should open everything back up shops/pubs/hotels,we all know that we have to wash our hands(which we always have) and wear masks by now we should be used to doing it,

I agree with you. This is ridiculous!

Isnt the Covid count high in Limerick ?... Limerick Hospital is under huge pressure with Covid cases ..no ?...so why would a lady from Limerick agree to the whole place being opened up if theyre already swamped with it on a level 5 lockdown ?....asking for a friend ..please dont shoot the messenger... "

Honestly because Level 5 is not working .. Nor would level 105. The best result was back during initial lockdown. The public can't and won't go back there.

The state of Covid in Limerick reflects the failure of Level 5. Covid won't go away until we have a significant proportion of the population vaccinated.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I know there are a lot of people saying that schools are "not the issue", but according to the ONS figures, the age groups presenting the highest number of positive tests are 16-24 year old followed be 11 to 16 year olds.

"I know there are a lot of people saying that schools are "not the issue", but according to the ONS figures, the age groups presenting the highest number of positive tests are 16-24 year old followed be 11 to 16 year olds."

So university's and schools then.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I know there are a lot of people saying that schools are "not the issue", but according to the ONS figures, the age groups presenting the highest number of positive tests are 16-24 year old followed be 11 to 16 year olds."

I think it's a question of priorities. I do think that educating children should be a very high priority. It's just a question of effective infection control...

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

"I know there are a lot of people saying that schools are "not the issue", but according to the ONS figures, the age groups presenting the highest number of positive tests are 16-24 year old followed be 11 to 16 year olds.

I think it's a question of priorities. I do think that educating children should be a very high priority. It's just a question of effective infection control..."

Completely different over here. The age group with the most positive results are 20-39 year olds then 40-59. School kids come in 3rd

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I know there are a lot of people saying that schools are "not the issue", but according to the ONS figures, the age groups presenting the highest number of positive tests are 16-24 year old followed be 11 to 16 year olds.

I think it's a question of priorities. I do think that educating children should be a very high priority. It's just a question of effective infection control...

Completely different over here. The age group with the most positive results are 20-39 year olds then 40-59. School kids come in 3rd "

That's very interesting, and the question of why would be important. Although whatever is going on we could learn from you.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Education is a huge priority, especially as our approach and results with the virus means that our economy and citizens are disproportionately affected negatively and will hold this burden in future.

Different engagement types are causing varied levels of infection. Our schools and university students are part of an ongoing cycle that rolls hundreds of thousands of people through it and if we put the brakes on, we create a bottleneck that can't be cleared without affecting others. None of them should be subject to inferior education, limiting their life chances and development as healthy people.

Alternatives are limited. Distance education is generally inferior across the spectrum of needs. A small amount may help a little but our people need the best.

Our older students are competing on the world stage. They are our future and our society depends on them.

We didn't do enough before the second wave hit hard, to prepare for it and student needs. The infection impact from schools doesn't appear to be huge. But the impact on these people's lives can be.

A bigger risk has been the many thousands of people, some of them parents, who have been forced to continue to work, as we didn't recompense them financially to isolate for the benefit of society. It's utterly stupid. The single focus should be on those who are infected, getting them fast results, to isolate and having their contacts similarly tested, isolated and financed to do so. Those are the real threat, not children in classrooms.

» Add a new message to this topic