FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Flu vaccine

Flu vaccine

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ogloom OP   Man  over a year ago

Levens

It shouldnt be a choice or discussion. I've seen articles were journalists discuss the flu vaccine year on year, should you, shouldnt you. That's just stupid. Fine people want to make informed decisions but the fact remains its cheap/free and accessible to all and the impact of getting the flu is horrendous and deadly.

It's not even like smoking or drinking or taking illicit drugs where the informed choice being taken by an adult has personal percieved benefits, like it feels good.

Flu doesnt feel good. There is no fetish angle and it's not beneficial to people close to you or the country as a whole.

Everyone should just get on and have the flu vaccine - (unless that have very specific health issues, people that do know). It's available and not only will it give you a much increased chance of not getting the flu which is deadly. It will dramatically reduce the burden on the NHS and your families in dealing with you. You are less likely to infect you friends family etc with flu.

Oh and you'll not be overwhelmed by having flu and covid together. Happy to hear from anyone who isnt Trump of how they overcame a flu, covid combo by themselves and now feel stronger because of it. The only possible candidate I can think of off the top of my head is Jesus. Not many people get nailed up, hung up having their ribcage crush down on their lungs and get up a few days later after having been dead to walk around.

Just a thought. Please just get vaccinated dont sit around thinking about it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It would be a lovely idea if there was even enough vaccine to do this

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Did Jesus have the flu jab ?

"Did Jesus have the flu jab ?"

Jesus built my hotrod

Levens

If everyone goes for the flu vaccine the manufacturers will make enough. If not this year then next.

There is the capacity and the processes can produce the volume.

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

When friends have the flu jab some then get ill with flu like symptoms. I avoid for that reason.

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

Where an individual has mental capacity, they have a right to accept or decline 'flu vaccination, as with any other medical intervention.

One might not agree with that choice, but a person's choices must be respected.

"If everyone goes for the flu vaccine the manufacturers will make enough. If not this year then next.

There is the capacity and the processes can produce the volume. "

The vaccination process was halted temporarily here. We've been told that anyone over 50 will be able to have a vaccine IF there is enough. Some employees who were provided with vaccine vouchers from their employers had them rescinded as there wasn't the supplies available. So as much as the OPs heart might be in the right place, "go and have a flu vaccine" is not quite that simple

Levens

"When friends have the flu jab some then get ill with flu like symptoms. I avoid for that reason."

Mild flu symptoms are a risk and not guaranteed. Having them is a sign of strong immune response. Preferable to the full blown flu.

Levens

"If everyone goes for the flu vaccine the manufacturers will make enough. If not this year then next.

The vaccination process was halted temporarily here. We've been told that anyone over 50 will be able to have a vaccine IF there is enough. Some employees who were provided with vaccine vouchers from their employers had them rescinded as there wasn't the supplies available. So as much as the OPs heart might be in the right place, "go and have a flu vaccine" is not quite that simple"

What's your local MP's view on that? Hopefully that's a dynamic situation and additional supplies will be provided to your area or a timeline given?

Otherwise it's a postcode lottery and just unfair and unnecessary.

And ?

Fabville

"When friends have the flu jab some then get ill with flu like symptoms. I avoid for that reason.

Mild flu symptoms are a risk and not guaranteed. Having them is a sign of strong immune response. Preferable to the full blown flu."

Both the trivalent and quadravalwnt vaccines are inactive; they do not contain a live virus. Therefore neither can give you the 'flu.

Any mild 'flu-like symptoms are your body mounting an immune response for the future, or you aquired the 'flu virus before vaccination, but had not yet started showing symptoms.

By *ixenhixCouple  over a year ago

colchester

[Removed by poster at 20/11/20 17:56:04]

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"When friends have the flu jab some then get ill with flu like symptoms. I avoid for that reason."
It depends i have one every year with no adverse effects but this year for the 1st time i did feel a bit rough the day after but nothing as bad as having flu, well worth having in my book.

By *ixenhixCouple  over a year ago

colchester

I am in my 50's and when I was mid thirties I had the Flu Jab for the first time for no other reason that I was offered it free. Within a week I had coughed myself into oblivion and due to the ferocity of my actions actually broke a few ribs. My left lung colapsed and I spent many weeks wandering the night away as I could not sleep as everything filled up with fluid. I was told I had caught Flu. This obviously was the first and only time I have ever accepted the vacine and have not had any episodes of it since. It maybe pure coincidence but I now have Asthma and Pulmonary fibrosis which im sure is totally unconnected, however, for this reason alone I cannot bring myself to having the Covid vacine - I am not an anti-vaxxer and good luck to anybody that is willing. But its not going to be for me no matter what social exclusions will have placed upon me. I have not been hiding away behind the sofa and am not afraid if somebody unfortunately passes the virus onto me, I will do my bit to keep others as safe as I can in the meantime.

The vaccination process was halted temporarily here. We've been told that anyone over 50 will be able to have a vaccine IF there is enough. Some employees who were provided with vaccine vouchers from their employers had them rescinded as there wasn't the supplies available. So as much as the OPs heart might be in the right place, "go and have a flu vaccine" is not quite that simple

What's your local MP's view on that? Hopefully that's a dynamic situation and additional supplies will be provided to your area or a timeline given?

"

That applies to all of Northern Ireland. Devolved government, devolved health care

Fabville

"I am in my 50's and when I was mid thirties I had the Flu Jab for the first time for no other reason that I was offered it free. Within a week I had coughed myself into oblivion and due to the ferocity of my actions actually broke a few ribs. My left lung colapsed and I spent many weeks wandering the night away as I could not sleep as everything filled up with fluid. I was told I had caught Flu. This obviously was the first and only time I have ever accepted the vacine and have not had any episodes of it since. It maybe pure coincidence but I now have Asthma and Pulmonary fibrosis which im sure is totally unconnected, however, for this reason alone I cannot bring myself to having the Covid vacine - I am not an anti-vaxxer and good luck to anybody that is willing. But its not going to be for me no matter what social exclusions will have placed upon me. I have not been hiding away behind the sofa and am not afraid if somebody unfortunately passes the virus onto me, I will do my bit to keep others as safe as I can in the meantime. "

I'm sorry to hear that you were so poorly. Sounds like you had already contracted the 'flu virus before your vaccination.

"Where an individual has mental capacity, they have a right to accept or decline 'flu vaccination, as with any other medical intervention.

One might not agree with that choice, but a person's choices must be respected."

Has anyone seen and watched what has happened in Denmark the past 12 days? If not then Google Denmark's response to the epidemic law. It's surprising how news and media have suppressed this. I can dm links if anyone is genuinely interested.

Basically the government was going to make it permanent law, that:

. People infected with dangerous diseases can be forcibly given medical examination, hospitalised, treated and placed in isolation.

.The Danish Health Authority would be able to define groups of people who must be vaccinated in order to contain and eliminate a dangerous disease.

.People who refuse the above can – in some situations – be coerced through physical detainment, with police allowed to assist.

En mass the country demonstrated against this for 9 days in cities, town and outside their parliament building and law courts.

Maybe few of us here feel our country wouldn't do that but if they were what would your response be?

That applies to all of Northern Ireland. Devolved government, devolved health care"

Did we not have a devolved government for 20 months or more? They still all got paid full salaries, so there was no real incentive to get back and sort things out.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"Where an individual has mental capacity, they have a right to accept or decline 'flu vaccination, as with any other medical intervention.

Has anyone seen and watched what has happened in Denmark the past 12 days? If not then Google Denmark's response to the epidemic law. It's surprising how news and media have suppressed this. I can dm links if anyone is genuinely interested.

. People infected with dangerous diseases can be forcibly given medical examination, hospitalised, treated and placed in isolation.

.The Danish Health Authority would be able to define groups of people who must be vaccinated in order to contain and eliminate a dangerous disease.

.People who refuse the above can – in some situations – be coerced through physical detainment, with police allowed to assist.

En mass the country demonstrated against this for 9 days in cities, town and outside their parliament building and law courts.

Maybe few of us here feel our country wouldn't do that but if they were what would your response be?

"

Enmasse?

I can find no reports or images of mass denonstrations in Denmark.

Enmasse?

I can find no reports or images of mass denonstrations in Denmark.

"

As I said it's strange it's not been on our news. I've dm internal news links. Wouldn't be allowed to post on forums.

Levens

"I am in my 50's and when I was mid thirties I had the Flu Jab for the first time for no other reason that I was offered it free. Within a week I had coughed myself into oblivion and due to the ferocity of my actions actually broke a few ribs. My left lung colapsed and I spent many weeks wandering the night away as I could not sleep as everything filled up with fluid. I was told I had caught Flu. This obviously was the first and only time I have ever accepted the vacine and have not had any episodes of it since. It maybe pure coincidence but I now have Asthma and Pulmonary fibrosis which im sure is totally unconnected, however, for this reason alone I cannot bring myself to having the Covid vacine - I am not an anti-vaxxer and good luck to anybody that is willing. But its not going to be for me no matter what social exclusions will have placed upon me. I have not been hiding away behind the sofa and am not afraid if somebody unfortunately passes the virus onto me, I will do my bit to keep others as safe as I can in the meantime. "

Sorry to hear you suffered so much as a result of the flu. But thank you for posting a perfect example of why people should be keen not to catch the flu.

Unfortunately you wouldn't have developed the levels of immunity from the vaccine in less than a week. It's also likely you had already caught the flu and it was already taking hold.

Levens

One might not agree with that choice, but a person's choices must be respected."

A similar view is taken with wearing seat belts and UK society has changed the law and given enforcement powers to the police and courts.

Flu vaccine is not 100% effective nor is a seat belt at preventing injury but the personal and societal cost of not using one is too high for the when the effect they provide is required.

Leeds

By law you must wear a seatbelt. There is no law to say you must have a flu jab.

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"By law you must wear a seatbelt. There is no law to say you must have a flu jab. "

He wants a law that says just that!

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

Not as simple as that the flu vaccine has to be developed each year to produce a vaccine for the new variants of the flu virus, as a result the flu vaccine is rationed in the same way as the covid vaccine will be when it has passed its safety checks. By this we mean the most at risk are offered the flu vaccine first followed by a more general release when the next batch is available

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

I would also add Garry has been having the flu jab since 1989 as he was caring for a vulnerable person. In all that time he has never had an adverse reaction to it

By *hades Of GreyMan  over a year ago

Leeds

"

When friends have the flu jab some then get ill with flu like symptoms. I avoid for that reason.

"

You've clearly never had Flu, if you had you'd be first in the queue for a vaccine, believe me.

Levens

Not as simple as that the flu vaccine has to be developed each year to produce a vaccine for the new variants of the flu virus, as a result the flu vaccine is rationed in the same way as the covid vaccine will be when it has passed its safety checks. By this we mean the most at risk are offered the flu vaccine first followed by a more general release when the next batch is available"

It's only rationed in relation to the demand and the supply for a given year. If the whole population demanded it every year supply to the UK would go up to meet demand. Well over 1.5 billion doses are manufactured each year for 'seasonal' flu. With over 30 different manufacturers.

The development and manufacture of the flu variants decided by the WHO, (world health organisation - not the rock band), each year is well established. And even now over 25million of the population fall into higher risk categories under UK government guidlines and are offered the vaccine for free.

"By law you must wear a seatbelt. There is no law to say you must have a flu jab.

He wants a law that says just that! "

Luckily he's just some random guy on a swingers forum.

Levens

"By law you must wear a seatbelt. There is no law to say you must have a flu jab.

He wants a law that says just that! "

No I was just making the comparison that if 'we' think wearing a seat belt is important, then on the same basis but to the benefit of many more people 'we' should have a statistically significant percentage take the flu vaccine.

Leeds

The Nuffield Trust says the UK has one of the highest take up rates of the flu jab in the world. Of over 65s offered it, each year 73-75% have it.

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

A couple of days feeling a little off colour compared to flu??? It's a no brainer in my opinion. Contrary to gossip you can't get flu from the flu vaccine as it's not live. Flu is horrendous, it's not a cold, it's a nasty virus that knocks you off your feet for weeks.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"When friends have the flu jab some then get ill with flu like symptoms. I avoid for that reason.

A couple of days feeling a little off colour compared to flu??? It's a no brainer in my opinion. Contrary to gossip you can't get flu from the flu vaccine as it's not live. Flu is horrendous, it's not a cold, it's a nasty virus that knocks you off your feet for weeks. "

Flu like symptoms is your immune system mounting a response, in many cases. It's a good thing.

» Add a new message to this topic