FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Brain fog and Anxiety

Brain fog and Anxiety

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rishunicorn OP   Man  over a year ago

Cookstown

Hi folks,

A month after testing positive I am still suffering with brain fog. It’s crippling. I can’t get words out, remember things that happened months ago and my anxiety levels are through the roof. It’s crippling at this moment in time.

Does anyone else experience the same?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I've had it. The key thing is to get good rest and to focus on your wellbeing, without undue pressure. Eat well, have some light progressive exercise as possible and being kind and compassionate to yourself, is what I can take from it. It's unnerving. If you have others who you engage with, ask them for some patience with you, as their tender care will place you under less pressure. Notice what's making you more tired and manage those loads. Your body and mind has had significant impact and is adjusting. We don't know too much about it, nor long covid yet. Cognitive impairments may take some time for us to overcome, though lots of healthy rest will help you to conserve your energies for recovery, instead of subjecting yourself to further assault.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Hi folks,

A month after testing positive I am still suffering with brain fog. It’s crippling. I can’t get words out, remember things that happened months ago and my anxiety levels are through the roof. It’s crippling at this moment in time.

Does anyone else experience the same? "

Sounds crap and I'm sorry to hear this.

I'm still recovering luckily not had brain fog but most definitely anxiety.

Never been someone who suffers from panic attacks but I have been a wreck.

I think this is partly because the virus attacks the nervous system.

Have you spoken with your GP?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I still get brain fog 6 month on.

Words just disappear mid sentence lol.

Cookstown

"I've had it. The key thing is to get good rest and to focus on your wellbeing, without undue pressure. Eat well, have some light progressive exercise as possible and being kind and compassionate to yourself, is what I can take from it. It's unnerving. If you have others who you engage with, ask them for some patience with you, as their tender care will place you under less pressure. Notice what's making you more tired and manage those loads. Your body and mind has had significant impact and is adjusting. We don't know too much about it, nor long covid yet. Cognitive impairments may take some time for us to overcome, though lots of healthy rest will help you to conserve your energies for recovery, instead of subjecting yourself to further assault. "
Hi Thanks for reply. I’m self employed so rest is minimal. But all points taken on board! And thanks x

Cookstown

"I still get brain fog 6 month on.

Words just disappear mid sentence lol."

That’s me ffs!! I start of talking to my dad about a football game and say “ hey x played well today” he’d be like yeah “ but I thought y was better”

Then I can’t remember who x was I proposed as men of match.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I still get brain fog 6 month on.

Words just disappear mid sentence lol.

That’s me ffs!! I start of talking to my dad about a football game and say “ hey x played well today” he’d be like yeah “ but I thought y was better”

Then I can’t remember who x was I proposed as men of match. "

Yep I know that feeling .

Cookstown

"Hi folks,

Does anyone else experience the same?

Sounds crap and I'm sorry to hear this.

I'm still recovering luckily not had brain fog but most definitely anxiety.

Never been someone who suffers from panic attacks but I have been a wreck.

I think this is partly because the virus attacks the nervous system.

Have you spoken with your GP?"

No to GP yet, but I think I should. Did you ??

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Op, sorry to hear you are still struggling with the effects of covid.

The brain fog is bloody frustrating and embarrassing but be assured that it does start to get better.

I was forgetting words, losing track of what I was talking about part way through a sentance or stuttering and unable to pronounce words.

I found friends and work colleagues were very accepting after I explained that covid had caused some memory issues.

I have been told by the covid GP I am under that the effects are usually short lived.

Has your sense of smell returned yet and have the aches and pains subsided for you yet?

Cookstown

"Op, sorry to hear you are still struggling with the effects of covid.

The brain fog is bloody frustrating and embarrassing but be assured that it does start to get better.

I was forgetting words, losing track of what I was talking about part way through a sentance or stuttering and unable to pronounce words.

I found friends and work colleagues were very accepting after I explained that covid had caused some memory issues.

I have been told by the covid GP I am under that the effects are usually short lived.

Has your sense of smell returned yet and have the aches and pains subsided for you yet? "

Hi, I never lost my my sense of smell and taste ( only for 12 hrs) Only issues I had was extreme fatigue, headaches and cough.

I lost my smell and taste 13 days into isolation over night and I’d not been in contact with anyone in 13 days.

I must call my doc to see if I can see a Covid GP. I’m not massively concerned. And my work is understanding enough thankfully.

Headaches were an issue for me week 2-3.

But hopefully I get it sorted

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

May or may not be Covid related, I haven’t had Covid as far as I know and I’m no better than you with anxiety and brain fog

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

Get some good quality multivitamins.

And regular rest.

» Add a new message to this topic