FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Restrictions easing

Restrictions easing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm not convinced with the easing around outdoor sports spectators. Tier 3 areas will be banned from having spectators.

Tier 2 areas will be allowed 2000 spectators

Tier 1 areas will be allowed 4000 spectators.

Now playing devils advocate, surely spectators in Tier 3 areas, fed up of no live sport could in theory visit Tier 1 or 2 events, and heighten the risk of transmission?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Won't there be some kind of travel restriction between teirs

The guidance still seems to be worded as “advised not to travel between tiers”.

There’s not enough capability to enforce it.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

And don't people usually go to support their own team, not just sit in a random tier 1 stadium ?

By *rincessvenusCouple  over a year ago

Hull

with all that freedom the r number will go ballistik

I can't help thinking it's another disaster waiting to happen, especially given how seriously some sports fans take their sport

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I don't like the sound of this.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Seems bonkers. If we are going to allow 1000’s to gather in stadiums we might as well give up now

I'm thinking football for example. My local team (not Premier) is in a Tier 3 area lets say, and they are playing away to a team in a Tier 1 area. What's to stop 50 or so fans driving to the game to watch them play, thereby mingling and potentially transmitting the virus?

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm thinking football for example. My local team (not Premier) is in a Tier 3 area lets say, and they are playing away to a team in a Tier 1 area. What's to stop 50 or so fans driving to the game to watch them play, thereby mingling and potentially transmitting the virus?"

Nothing as far as I can see...

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I'm.guessing that clubs will only be allowed to have home supporters inside the ground.

"I'm thinking football for example. My local team (not Premier) is in a Tier 3 area lets say, and they are playing away to a team in a Tier 1 area. What's to stop 50 or so fans driving to the game to watch them play, thereby mingling and potentially transmitting the virus?"

Probably because all the tickets will have been bought by the home fans.

By *lorious hole bs16Man  over a year ago

Bristol

Much rather see 4000 people wandering about at Newbury racecourse than the thousands wandering the aisles of Tesco etc superstores most days...

Let's get underway with fans going to outdoor (esp)sports..

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Self control?

Responsibility?

A brain?

Following the rules?

Manchester (she/her)

"Much rather see 4000 people wandering about at Newbury racecourse than the thousands wandering the aisles of Tesco etc superstores most days...

Let's get underway with fans going to outdoor (esp)sports.."

Having food is essential?

By *lorious hole bs16Man  over a year ago

Bristol

"Much rather see 4000 people wandering about at Newbury racecourse than the thousands wandering the aisles of Tesco etc superstores most days...

Having food is essential?"

The evidence suggests many people shopping daily to relieve the boredom of lockdown rather that essential grub..

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan  over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

Just thinking about football, I can't see how this would work. If for example, Chelsea were allowed 4000 home fans but restrictions were in place in the North and Liverpool had to play to an empty stadium, this would provide an uneven playing field surely.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It all seems a bit random and probably based on keeping conservative politicians happy enough to vote for it, after even Theresa May wouldn't last time.

There can't be scientific evidence that a very exact number is safe but 1 more person wouldn't be etc. And 2 stadiums /stadia could be 2 miles apart in different Tiers, 1 could be double the crowd.

This now seems the weirdest back of fag packet concoction of bollocks that we've had so far.

Harder to understand. And definitely we can't understand it from the scientific evidence ad we're given none.

Punishing some bars that must serve food to serve drinks

Manchester (she/her)

Having food is essential?

The evidence suggests many people shopping daily to relieve the boredom of lockdown rather that essential grub.."

*Shrug*

I'm not sure you could find a workable solution for that without chaos or starvation.

Attending live sports doesn't seem to carry the same need. Strangely.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I'm.guessing that clubs will only be allowed to have home supporters inside the ground."

Anyone can claim to be a home fan though. I've sat in the "wrong" end of many football stadia over the years when going with friends from opposing teams and now I need the disabled area, that is often unsegregated in the lower league grounds I go to. Not all football fans wear club colours/shirts and if I really wanted to, what's to stop me buying an opposition scarf to blend in (apart from my religion )

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

I am guessing that strict rules will be in place, games will only be open to existing season ticket holders and home fans only.

That doesn’t solve the issue of travelling fans mind, even home fans, travelling from different tiers to watch their team, unless the clubs will be blocking those individuals? How do you pick 4,000 home fans from 40,000 season ticket holders (my club)

Personally I think it’s a ludicrous idea and should remain behind closed doors for this season

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"I'm.guessing that clubs will only be allowed to have home supporters inside the ground.

Anyone can claim to be a home fan though. I've sat in the "wrong" end of many football stadia over the years when going with friends from opposing teams and now I need the disabled area, that is often unsegregated in the lower league grounds I go to. Not all football fans wear club colours/shirts and if I really wanted to, what's to stop me buying an opposition scarf to blend in (apart from my religion )"

True, but the ticket buying process will change so that I'm guessing attendees will have to give their home address when buying tickets and show ID to get into the ground?

What I'm unsure of is that In Tier 3 areas the rumour is professional sport will be suspended. How will that impact the running of national leagues given that we are stuck with the Tier system until at least March? Will these teams have to play their matches in venues in lower Tier areas?

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"I am guessing that strict rules will be in place, games will only be open to existing season ticket holders and home fans only.

That doesn’t solve the issue of travelling fans mind, even home fans, travelling from different tiers to watch their team, unless the clubs will be blocking those individuals? How do you pick 4,000 home fans from 40,000 season ticket holders (my club)

Personally I think it’s a ludicrous idea and should remain behind closed doors for this season "

I guess first come first served or season ticket holders are allocated a game every x matches (10 in your case).

As for any away tickets, season ticket holders. If in different tier they simply can't go.

Not sure on remaining closed door for the rest of the season if there is a possibility of vaccine rollout this side of Easter.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Just thinking about football, I can't see how this would work. If for example, Chelsea were allowed 4000 home fans but restrictions were in place in the North and Liverpool had to play to an empty stadium, this would provide an uneven playing field surely. "

I was listening to this being picked apart on the radio last night by the same people who spent months campaigning for just this... In the middle of a pandemic. Wahwah it's unfair we can't go to watch football Wahwah.... And then they get what they want.... And then immediately change their mind and say this isn't what we want, this will never work, it'll be unfair to teams who have already played eachother in empty stadia, or it's in a Tier 3 area so has to be empty... Its unfair.

Fans can cheat it by going from a tker3 to a Tier 1, or the season ticket is in someone else's name and they are in a Tier 3 area.... Of course people can break the rules.... And the last 6 months has shown us that large numbers of people take their pleasure from breaking the rules... And the end result is we will be doing this dance in a other year because of the lack of self control of some people.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Let's get underway with fans going to outdoor (esp)sports.."

Fortunately they don't let thousands in our Tesco, numbers are monitored

» Add a new message to this topic