FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Christmas..

Christmas..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *amiss OP   Couple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Just been announced, 3 households can mix over Christmas period from 23rd to 27th...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"Just been announced, 3 households can mix over Christmas period from 23rd to 27th... "

November or December ?

By *oss.Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Dublin is opening next week about time. Happy Christmas oioi

chelmsford

You can stay overnight, you can hug your Granny!But you have to stay within that bubble of 3 households.

chelmsford

"Just been announced, 3 households can mix over Christmas period from 23rd to 27th...

November or December ? "

December...the Christmas period...

chelmsford

"Dublin is opening next week about time. Happy Christmas oioi "

Happy Christmas!

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

Absolute bubble bollocks..... What about all the different bubbles we mix with every day whilst in work

chelmsford

"Absolute bubble bollocks..... What about all the different bubbles we mix with every day whilst in work "

Yep I know, but there we have it, now everyone can make their arrangements

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Absolute bubble bollocks..... What about all the different bubbles we mix with every day whilst in work "

Fully agree with u . His lost the plot

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

From mad Tier rsstrictions after a lockdown, to madness. It's stupidity to appease some voters and - the most important - Conservative MPs, to get it voted in. Risking the waste of so much sacrifice by so many, to get lots of people mixing over long periods, to spread infection. Most people don't want it, if it means greater calamity again. Big shops have done well all year. Pubs struggling. Clubs not open. Those businesses will have to pay the price for even longer

chelmsford

"From mad Tier rsstrictions after a lockdown, to madness. It's stupidity to appease some voters and - the most important - Conservative MPs, to get it voted in. Risking the waste of so much sacrifice by so many, to get lots of people mixing over long periods, to spread infection. Most people don't want it, if it means greater calamity again. Big shops have done well all year. Pubs struggling. Clubs not open. Those businesses will have to pay the price for even longer "

No doubt there will be some tighter restrictions after Christmas...

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Not sure how I feel about all this to be honest cos if we go back into tier 3 next week which is no mixing of households then how can we mix over Xmas

Doesn’t make sense

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"Not sure how I feel about all this to be honest cos if we go back into tier 3 next week which is no mixing of households then how can we mix over Xmas

Doesn’t make sense"

it looks like they want the, whole, of the north in tier 3. Winter is coming Boris,

chelmsford

"Not sure how I feel about all this to be honest cos if we go back into tier 3 next week which is no mixing of households then how can we mix over Xmas

Doesn’t make sense"

I know lovely, it appears all restrictions will be lifted between those dates. I don't think it's a great idea personally xx

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

It makes no sense at all. How can this be 'following the science' ? Why can you meet in a home but not a hospitality venue ? Bankruptcy for pubs and restaurants.

By *irty desireWoman  over a year ago

newcatle

Is covid taking a break like?

chelmsford

"Is covid taking a break like? "

They must think it is!

newcatle

"From mad Tier rsstrictions after a lockdown, to madness. It's stupidity to appease some voters and - the most important - Conservative MPs, to get it voted in. Risking the waste of so much sacrifice by so many, to get lots of people mixing over long periods, to spread infection. Most people don't want it, if it means greater calamity again. Big shops have done well all year. Pubs struggling. Clubs not open. Those businesses will have to pay the price for even longer

No doubt there will be some tighter restrictions after Christmas..."

And a lot more deaths .. 600 plus today

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Absolute bubble bollocks..... What about all the different bubbles we mix with every day whilst in work

Fully agree with u . His lost the plot"

He has not got a clue!

Leeds

"Is covid taking a break like? "

Yes - it is having a five day Christmas holiday

chelmsford

"It makes no sense at all. How can this be 'following the science' ? Why can you meet in a home but not a hospitality venue ? Bankruptcy for pubs and restaurants. "

Crazy isn't it?

chelmsford

"From mad Tier rsstrictions after a lockdown, to madness. It's stupidity to appease some voters and - the most important - Conservative MPs, to get it voted in. Risking the waste of so much sacrifice by so many, to get lots of people mixing over long periods, to spread infection. Most people don't want it, if it means greater calamity again. Big shops have done well all year. Pubs struggling. Clubs not open. Those businesses will have to pay the price for even longer

And a lot more deaths .. 600 plus today "

No doubt...

By *ustfun 1984Man  over a year ago

exeter

So if boris turned around and said no mixing at Christmas only 1 house old etc all hell would break loose then do wont win either way

chelmsford

"Is covid taking a break like?

Yes - it is having a five day Christmas holiday"

chelmsford

"So if boris turned around and said no mixing at Christmas only 1 house old etc all hell would break loose then do wont win either way "

Yes that is true.

And a lot more deaths .. 600 plus today "

Deaths peaked on the 9th November. Date of deaths is the data that needs to be viewed not date reported.

oldham

"So if boris turned around and said no mixing at Christmas only 1 house old etc all hell would break loose then do wont win either way "

I know what you are saying he's hung out if he does and he's hung out if he doesn't. But one thing he has lacked all the way through this is consistency. To be honest I think I'd rather have Jimmy krankie errr u mean sturgeon making the decisions

chelmsford

All four nations are the same.

By *andomfodCouple  over a year ago

walsall

Watch them blame us again afterwards, just like with eat out to help out.

Leeds

Lack of consistency - we could dine out to help out in August six people from different households in a pub but we can't do this at Christmas

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. It's a no win situation.

I personally can't see the logic of having restrictions in most parts for the majority of the year and yet at Xmas you can mix indoors all of a sudden. It's only three households so imagine telling the fourth house hold, sister brother or child, sorry you can't come round at Xmas.

I think it's just a way to let people off the hook as most people I spoke to were saying they were going to meet up regardless of the rules Xmas day. A bizzare world were living in.

"From mad Tier rsstrictions after a lockdown, to madness. It's stupidity to appease some voters and - the most important - Conservative MPs, to get it voted in. Risking the waste of so much sacrifice by so many, to get lots of people mixing over long periods, to spread infection. Most people don't want it, if it means greater calamity again. Big shops have done well all year. Pubs struggling. Clubs not open. Those businesses will have to pay the price for even longer "

Most people don't want it?

I would like to see a national poll on that.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Doesn’t make sense"

I agree with you and likely heading into Tier 3 here to, just doesn’t make sense at all.

Leeds

Well I’m not interested in seeing anyone Xmas day! I work hard all year so will probably spend the day sleeping and watching tack on TV with beans on toast! Christmas this year doesn’t feel the same.

Scrooge and proud!

Do you hug people in work?

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. It's a no win situation.

I personally can't see the logic of having restrictions in most parts for the majority of the year and yet at Xmas you can mix indoors all of a sudden. It's only three households so imagine telling the fourth house hold, sister brother or child, sorry you can't come round at Xmas.

I think it's just a way to let people off the hook as most people I spoke to were saying they were going to meet up regardless of the rules Xmas day. A bizzare world were living in. "

Its also to take pressure off policing it, they said on the news that gov don't want people to get it into their heads to go into a "sod the rules I'm doing it anyway mentality" so its easier to give a brief reprive and mop up afterwards

By *andomfodCouple  over a year ago

walsall

I think it's just a way to let people off the hook as most people I spoke to were saying they were going to meet up regardless of the rules Xmas day. A bizzare world were living in.

Its also to take pressure off policing it, they said on the news that gov don't want people to get it into their heads to go into a "sod the rules I'm doing it anyway mentality" so its easier to give a brief reprive and mop up afterwards "

Haven't seen it being policed anyway to be fair. Would be interesting to see if anyone else has witnessed it.

Leeds

Its also to take pressure off policing it, they said on the news that gov don't want people to get it into their heads to go into a "sod the rules I'm doing it anyway mentality" so its easier to give a brief reprive and mop up afterwards

Haven't seen it being policed anyway to be fair. Would be interesting to see if anyone else has witnessed it."

I was stopped twice by Police in April, once by an Officer parked in traffic near my house, asked why I was out, I was getting food for an 82 year old neighbour. Second time I was taking paperwork to be signed for my Solicitor and asked why, they even checked my private papers which I did not appreciate! Ridiculous!

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

Doesn’t make sense"

Their experts have discovered that the virus is having Christmas off

Great it's relaxed a little, but as I have 3 kids (all married with their own young families) it's a bummer I can't technically meet with one of them on Christmas Day

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

I can't see why people don't understand.

1. It's not compulsory to have get togethers (and we won't be)

2. It doesn't make scientific sense it's the government folding to what the media says the public want.

3. It's only a few hours and the number of infection shouldn't be stupid levels

4. No doubt a few elderly relatives will become infected because if it and some will die. Don't blame the government it's your choice to have a party if not.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Haven't seen it being policed anyway to be fair. Would be interesting to see if anyone else has witnessed it.

I was stopped twice by Police in April, once by an Officer parked in traffic near my house, asked why I was out, I was getting food for an 82 year old neighbour. Second time I was taking paperwork to be signed for my Solicitor and asked why, they even checked my private papers which I did not appreciate! Ridiculous! "

My Dad got told off by a Police officer in the first lockdown for sitting in his car on the seafront, reading the paper and eating sandwiches from home. He'd not left the vehicle but if he'd gone to walk in the park, that's have been ok because that was daily exercise. He just wanted a change of scenery to read his paper, he lives alone etc

"I can't see why people don't understand.

2. It doesn't make scientific sense it's the government folding to what the media says the public want.

4. No doubt a few elderly relatives will become infected because if it and some will die. Don't blame the government it's your choice to have a party if not."

oldham

"Absolute bubble bollocks..... What about all the different bubbles we mix with every day whilst in work

Do you hug people in work?"

Only on days with a Y in it.

4. No doubt a few elderly relatives will become infected because if it and some will die. Don't blame the government it's your choice to have a party if not."

Seeing your family is a party ?

It didn’t matter what Boris has said most people will do what they want regardless, at work today a work mate said there having all there family over for Xmas day like they do every year , he’s words if one of die few weeks after least they would have had a good Xmas ? ,

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There's a 1 way win - the reductions of infection all nations have been achieving via restrictions, would continue. Saving lives is not a no win.

Recent polls show the majority of people would prefer sensible restrictions to continue.

Supermarkets and fuel stations win, with other businesses ignored largely.

He knows he's going and is offering a gift to some supporters.

I'm not ignoring the benefits of people getting together after a terrible year. That's a major help.

But the overall plan is madness. The public and many business paying for it

the wetlands

4. No doubt a few elderly relatives will become infected because if it and some will die. Don't blame the government it's your choice to have a party if not.

Seeing your family is a party ?"

Having your family round for Christmas dinner/ drinks / party / exchanging gifts / karaoke / conversation etc etc

Semantics don't really affect the possible outcome

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

if you think it's wrong to mix with others than simply don't do it.

If enough people feel it's wrong then lots of people won't be mixing.

Just because you are told you are allowed to do something doesn't mean you have to actually do it.

Having your family round for Christmas dinner/ drinks / party / exchanging gifts / karaoke / conversation etc etc

Semantics don't really affect the possible outcome "

Just family around exchanging gifts.

You know like familys do .

We dont drink so no party here.

Just our kids and grandkids.

"if you think it's wrong to mix with others than simply don't do it.

Just because you are told you are allowed to do something doesn't mean you have to actually do it."

I've had hardly any contact with my children/grandchildren for 8 months and counting. I know I'm not the only one, and I'm limiting my contact with them on Christmas Day, I'll go see each of them (3 families) and drop off their presents, I'll have my mask on, I'll keep the 2 metres distancing, I won't be hugging (difficult as it will be) but I WILL be seeing them.

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

"Just been announced, 3 households can mix over Christmas period from 23rd to 27th...

November or December ? "

2021/2022?

By *EATHERLOVER02Man  over a year ago

manchester

Hope people use this to see their families.

By *argotCouple  over a year ago

stafford

Yep I agree Boris can't win either way

the wetlands

Semantics don't really affect the possible outcome

Just family around exchanging gifts.

You know like familys do .

We dont drink so no party here.

Just our kids and grandkids."

Lovely

Parties don't have involve drink tho

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

Governments way of trying to raise more money and at the same time keep people happy / raise moral ..

Reality will be lots won't be able to travel to any bubble even if they want to because they will be on a high tier restriction . Lots more of us will be on a T3 on Thursday than before .. ( someone also mentioned a travel only within 30 mile radius from home ? is that right ? )

So again few should be travelling at all for any reason .. I am not bothering with any of the usual things this year and no one is coming to my place either .. its everyones choice of course but I hope they make the sensible one . I can already hear the / we have to restrict everyone again / lockdown' Boris speak about a spike in cases/ hospital beds in January ..

I would suggest everyone just stayed home and didnt move about .. but of course lots are not as sensible as me I suppose .. :/

I'd be very surprised if that was the case

I'd be very surprised if that was the case"

Very very surprised.

stafford

I would like to see a national poll on that."

Me too because most people I have spoken to said they didnt want it and thought it was going to cost everyone far more than rthey would gain :?

Leeds

"It didn’t matter what Boris has said most people will do what they want regardless, at work today a work mate said there having all there family over for Xmas day like they do every year , he’s words if one of die few weeks after least they would have had a good Xmas ? , "

A good Xmas but a very uncomfortable death.

It’s not worth it.

"Governments way of trying to raise more money and at the same time keep people happy / raise moral ..

Reality will be lots won't be able to travel to any bubble even if they want to because they will be on a high tier restriction . Lots more of us will be on a T3 on Thursday than before .. ( someone also mentioned a travel only within 30 mile radius from home ? is that right ? )

So again few should be travelling at all for any reason .. I am not bothering with any of the usual things this year and no one is coming to my place either .. its everyones choice of course but I hope they make the sensible one . I can already hear the / we have to restrict everyone again / lockdown' Boris speak about a spike in cases/ hospital beds in January ..

I would suggest everyone just stayed home and didnt move about .. but of course lots are not as sensible as me I suppose .. :/"

The way I understand this is that the Tiers are relaxed over Christmas period for the few days.

So it doesn't natter what Tier you're in for those few days?

Leeds

"Governments way of trying to raise more money and at the same time keep people happy / raise moral ..

I would suggest everyone just stayed home and didnt move about .. but of course lots are not as sensible as me I suppose .. :/

The way I understand this is that the Tiers are relaxed over Christmas period for the few days.

So it doesn't natter what Tier you're in for those few days? "

Covid has a holiday at Xmas

I would like to see a national poll on that.

Me too because most people I have spoken to said they didnt want it and thought it was going to cost everyone far more than rthey would gain :?"

Most people have talked to about are desperate to see their familys.

Do you have kids ?

stafford

Covid has a holiday at Xmas "

Tiers ARE RELAXED ? well that says it all we will be lockdown abain in a month!! .. what an utter nonsense to relax the Tiers just to keep Christmas!

I can understand peoples viewpount eitherway on this, but are people here saying that they will be having no contact at all with any family nember iutside their home over Christmas? Not even the exchanging of gifts freetings etc?

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Yippee Christmas ...

the wetlands

Covid has a holiday at Xmas "

Really ?

What makes you think that ?

the wetlands

"I can understand peoples viewpount eitherway on this, but are people here saying that they will be having no contact at all with any family nember iutside their home over Christmas? Not even the exchanging of gifts freetings etc?"

We have contact all the time with our family, within the regulations and using common sense.

Every year we have a big get together of around 30 people for lunch but definitely not this year.

"I can understand peoples viewpount eitherway on this, but are people here saying that they will be having no contact at all with any family nember iutside their home over Christmas? Not even the exchanging of gifts freetings etc?

We have contact all the time with our family, within the regulations and using common sense.

Every year we have a big get together of around 30 people for lunch but definitely not this year."

Now that's a party

Leeds

Really ?

What makes you think that ?"

Need I explain ! Thought it was self explanatory !

By *etnetWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

Well said

the wetlands

Really ?

What makes you think that ?

Need I explain ! Thought it was self explanatory ! "

Boredom and sarcasm

the wetlands

For anyone that didn't even bother to read the statement here's what BJ said

"The virus doesn't know it's Christmas and we must all be careful," he said in a video message from Downing Street as he continues to self-isolate.

"I know this doesn't equate to a normal Christmas and it won't work for everyone. And it's up to each of us to think carefully about how we use this special time-limited dispensation.

"The virus has not gone away and families will need to make personal judgements about the risk of forming a bubble with, or visiting, elderly relatives or the vulnerable.

"'Tis the season to be jolly, but 'tis also the season to be jolly careful."

[Removed by poster at 24/11/20 22:11:15]

"Don't worry, you'll get to see them again in a few weeks... at their funerals... or maybe yours?"

Everyone loves a job's comforter

Leeds

"For anyone that didn't even bother to read the statement here's what BJ said

"The virus doesn't know it's Christmas and we must all be careful," he said in a video message from Downing Street as he continues to self-isolate.

"I know this doesn't equate to a normal Christmas and it won't work for everyone. And it's up to each of us to think carefully about how we use this special time-limited dispensation.

"The virus has not gone away and families will need to make personal judgements about the risk of forming a bubble with, or visiting, elderly relatives or the vulnerable.

"'Tis the season to be jolly, but 'tis also the season to be jolly careful."

"

What a load of dribble! Lockdown 2 (which wasn’t really) and we can meet 3 households over Xmas and spread that virus far and wide! Ridiculous!

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"I can understand peoples viewpount eitherway on this, but are people here saying that they will be having no contact at all with any family nember iutside their home over Christmas? Not even the exchanging of gifts freetings etc?"

No contact here over Christmas, I last saw my parents in august and we knew that would be the only one and last time this year since this started. As for gifts, that is easily sorted by home delivery / post. We don’t expect to see each other again until March / April at the earliest

There will be 6 adults and a baby on Christmas Day. We are as much aware of the risks as we were in the summer.

Well maybe not the baby because he wasn’t born.

In a Sparkly Dress

I will see my immediate family as they have been in my support bubble since March, everyone else has agreed to wait and we will see each other physically after april

"I will see my immediate family as they have been in my support bubble since March, everyone else has agreed to wait and we will see each other physically after april"

Were support bubbles even a thing in March?

In a Sparkly Dress

"I will see my immediate family as they have been in my support bubble since March, everyone else has agreed to wait and we will see each other physically after april

Were support bubbles even a thing in March?"

Yes for vulnerable shopping, not home entry

"I will see my immediate family as they have been in my support bubble since March, everyone else has agreed to wait and we will see each other physically after april

Yes for vulnerable shopping, not home entry"

That's not my understanding of a support bubble

In a Sparkly Dress

That's not my understanding of a support bubble "

Two single parents supporting each other with childcare and vulnerable shopping, the word bubble was not introduced by gov till later.

Or are you thinking of a sex bubble?

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Just heard on the grapevine that one of Santa’s elves has been contacted by track and trace.

Let’s hope the big man doesn’t get it or we will all have to isolate after he pays us all a visit on 24th Dec

Two single parents supporting each other with childcare and vulnerable shopping, the word bubble was not introduced by gov till later.

Or are you thinking of a sex bubble?"

I thought the idea of any kind of bubble was so that people who lived alone could bubble up without the need for social distancing-sex or not

In a Sparkly Dress

I thought the idea of any kind of bubble was so that people who lived alone could bubble up without the need for social distancing-sex or not "

No we were in lockdown and not supposed to visit other people, so I delivered their shopping and medical items, without making actual physical contact, home bubble mixing without social distancing didn't come in till june

I thought the idea of any kind of bubble was so that people who lived alone could bubble up without the need for social distancing-sex or not

No we were in lockdown and not supposed to visit other people, so I delivered their shopping and medical items, without making actual physical contact, home bubble mixing without social distancing didn't come in till june"

That makes more sense

In a Sparkly Dress

No we were in lockdown and not supposed to visit other people, so I delivered their shopping and medical items, without making actual physical contact, home bubble mixing without social distancing didn't come in till june

That makes more sense"

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should

Even though they shouldn’t people will mix at Christmas with or without government consent. Government allowing 3 bubble mixing for a couple of days is about sending the message that they know people are going to meet up which is the wrong thing but to at least encourage those doing the wrong thing to be as least wrong as possible and not be a total free for all. If you value your elders, keep them safe.

By *incskittenWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

I wont be

In a Sparkly Dress

"Just because you can doesn’t mean you should

Even though they shouldn’t people will mix at Christmas with or without government consent. Government allowing 3 bubble mixing for a couple of days is about sending the message that they know people are going to meet up which is the wrong thing but to at least encourage those doing the wrong thing to be as least wrong as possible and not be a total free for all. If you value your elders, keep them safe.

"

Lots of these elders are wanting the Xmas family meet more than the younger generation though, I can see it from their point of view though, what else have they got to feel happy and excited for and this may be their last one in some cases, some of the elderly are forming their own Xmas bubbles with friends rather than family and some charities are still delivering Xmas meal dinners

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Doesn’t make sense

I know lovely, it appears all restrictions will be lifted between those dates. I don't think it's a great idea personally xx"

Neither do I to be honest as everyone will be in lockdown again for new year

Xxx

Nottingham

People meeting up from all parts of the country, not knowing if they have covid.

Young school age children seeing grandma and grandad.

I know that loneliness over the last 9 months has affected people but bear in mind that this xmas maybe the last time you all spend it together. Your next meeting could be at a funeral in the new year .

newcatle

"People meeting up from all parts of the country, not knowing if they have covid.

Young school age children seeing grandma and grandad.

I know that loneliness over the last 9 months has affected people but bear in mind that this xmas maybe the last time you all spend it together. Your next meeting could be at a funeral in the new year ."

This

chelmsford

Doesn’t make sense

I know lovely, it appears all restrictions will be lifted between those dates. I don't think it's a great idea personally xx

Neither do I to be honest as everyone will be in lockdown again for new year

Xxx"

I fear that may happen...xxx

By *ribsaMan  over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

Exactly.

They had to look like they were giving us something or the whole country would revolt against the government. Let's face it we are now heading towards a police state they are controlling everything we are doing. I am not saying covid does not exist or is not a worrying bad thing. But we are losing or freedom here people do you think we will ever get back to the way life was it's our kids I feel sorry for there freedom will not be the same as ours was when we grew up.

Nottingham

Exactly.

They had to look like they were giving us something or the whole country would revolt against the government. Let's face it we are now heading towards a police state they are controlling everything we are doing. I am not saying covid does not exist or is not a worrying bad thing. But we are losing or freedom here people do you think we will ever get back to the way life was it's our kids I feel sorry for there freedom will not be the same as ours was when we grew up."

My god this wont be forever .

Yes they have given us the option to meet at xmas but that doesnt mean you have to.

If they could control everything the people of our country are doing we wouldnt be in this mess .

Look at peoples sacrifices as giving your children a future .I will not be seeing my family until i deem it safe to do so, now isnt the time .

Exactly.

They had to look like they were giving us something or the whole country would revolt against the government. Let's face it we are now heading towards a police state they are controlling everything we are doing. I am not saying covid does not exist or is not a worrying bad thing. But we are losing or freedom here people do you think we will ever get back to the way life was it's our kids I feel sorry for there freedom will not be the same as ours was when we grew up.

Yes they have given us the option to meet at xmas but that doesnt mean you have to.

If they could control everything the people of our country are doing we wouldnt be in this mess .

Look at peoples sacrifices as giving your children a future .I will not be seeing my family until i deem it safe to do so, now isnt the time ."

Giving your children a future, by accepting permanent impositions on their fundamental freedoms to "save" them from a virus with a 99.6% survival rate?

Not sure the numbers add up on that line of reasoning.

And if you think that we aren't accepting a permanent imposition then you haven't been paying attention, or fundamentally misunderstand what freedoms are.

1: Freedoms are not favours granted to us by government. The moment we accepted lockdown we acquiesced to the notion that they are. That is not an insignificant thing. Even if all restrictions put upon us in the last year were suddenly removed the paradigm has shifted. The government now has the power to infringe on freedoms whenever it deems it necessary to do so. Dangerous in the hands of any government, especially dangerous in the hands of any government which has a cosy relationship with the media.

2: If the language being used by major world leaders, not just British ones are anything to go by, they have absolutely no intention of letting us go back to "normal". They can't even do a good job of hiding their enthusiasm for the "great opportunity" this has afforded them. Hell, never mind hiding it, they can't even stop talking about it!

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

But you aren't supposed to be mixing while you are at work! You should be socially distancing and where you can wearing a mask

oldham

But you aren't supposed to be mixing while you are at work! You should be socially distancing and where you can wearing a mask "

Totally agree. However in reality and without saying where I work..... Again I repeat bubble bollocks

Nottingham

Exactly.

Look at peoples sacrifices as giving your children a future .I will not be seeing my family until i deem it safe to do so, now isnt the time .

Giving your children a future, by accepting permanent impositions on their fundamental freedoms to "save" them from a virus with a 99.6% survival rate?

And if you think that we aren't accepting a permanent imposition then you haven't been paying attention, or fundamentally misunderstand what freedoms are.

1: Freedoms are not favours granted to us by government. The moment we accepted lockdown we acquiesced to the notion that they are. That is not an insignificant thing. Even if all restrictions put upon us in the last year were suddenly removed the paradigm has shifted. The government now has the power to infringe on freedoms whenever it deems it necessary to do so. Dangerous in the hands of any government, especially dangerous in the hands of any government which has a cosy relationship with the media.

2: If the language being used by major world leaders, not just British ones are anything to go by, they have absolutely no intention of letting us go back to "normal". They can't even do a good job of hiding their enthusiasm for the "great opportunity" this has afforded them. Hell, never mind hiding it, they can't even stop talking about it!"

Dont tell me i havent been paying attention!

I take it you havent lost anyone to this horrific virus.

stafford

Christmas is Cancelled as far as I'm concerned ..all family staying in and at home .

Going to have a proper family celebration in August when it will be safer .

That's probably what the government should have told everyone else to do too .

By *dores blackmenWoman  over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

The bubble xmas works out for small families,without any more risk than any other lockdown or tier system

As my eldest and fiance are my bubble,im a singleton,there be joining me boxing day and my youngest

(Whether we invite my newly single stepdad of 71 years I'm not sure what he is doing yet,we have a bubble space)

The only difference is my youngest will be with her dads bubble xmas day,its actually no different to them going there at other times during this pandemic,although the facts are my kids will be mixing with 5 different bubbles

Kids who have separated parents can still have two xmases under the new rules

Leeds

The bubble Christmas doesn't work at all for people who have three or more adult children, especially children who have partners and want to see their own parents too.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Just because you are told you are allowed to do something doesn't mean you have to actually do it."

Exactly and he did say it was up to induvial households to use common sense and not to if they thought it was not safe.The blokes damned if he does and damned if he dont.

Just because you are told you are allowed to do something doesn't mean you have to actually do it.Exactly and he did say it was up to induvial households to use common sense and not to if they thought it was not safe.The blokes damned if he does and damned if he dont."

Exactly what Nicola Sturgeon in Scotland said too!

"The bubble Christmas doesn't work at all for people who have three or more adult children, especially children who have partners and want to see their own parents too. "

What rules do you think there should be?

the wetlands

"The bubble Christmas doesn't work at all for people who have three or more adult children, especially children who have partners and want to see their own parents too.

What rules do you think there should be?"

Maybe everyone wants Boris to come round and hold their fkn hand and tell them.

Common sense it is then ....

Leeds

Just because you are told you are allowed to do something doesn't mean you have to actually do it.Exactly and he did say it was up to induvial households to use common sense and not to if they thought it was not safe.The blokes damned if he does and damned if he dont."

The bloke hasn’t a clue! Lockdown 2 where we were instructed that we can’t meet so now it’s up to us! He’s not got a clue how to manage Covid-19.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"The bubble Christmas doesn't work at all for people who have three or more adult children, especially children who have partners and want to see their own parents too. "
hard luck this is for one year only it is a small sacrifice to make

I'm guessing?its going to be disaster come mid January

By *oroRick1027Man  over a year ago

The Boro

I mix with 50 to 60 people that I hardly know every day at work in a large warehouse.

Social distancing - mostly

Masks - No

I'm 64 and have Asthma.

I'll take my chance to see my kids

Leeds

"I mix with 50 to 60 people that I hardly know every day at work in a large warehouse.

Masks - No

I'm 64 and have Asthma.

I'll take my chance to see my kids"

Probably your last Xmas then......

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"I mix with 50 to 60 people that I hardly know every day at work in a large warehouse.

Masks - No

I'm 64 and have Asthma.

I'll take my chance to see my kids

Probably your last Xmas then......"

What a horrible thing to say.

I won’t be mixing with my elderly family. I don’t want to risk passing covid to them. I will celebrate once vaccinated

chelmsford

"I won’t be mixing with my elderly family. I don’t want to risk passing covid to them. I will celebrate once vaccinated "

Me too

"I won’t be mixing with my elderly family. I don’t want to risk passing covid to them. I will celebrate once vaccinated "

We have no elderly family here so a normal Christmas for us.

By *aul happyMan  over a year ago

tilgate crawley

i cant believe that we are risking 5 days ,then suffer the after xmas spread rate throughout the uk ,,,,,,,so many more places will be in tier 3 and the death rate will go through the roof ........whatever you choose to do take and be as safe as you can

Exactly.

2: If the language being used by major world leaders, not just British ones are anything to go by, they have absolutely no intention of letting us go back to "normal". They can't even do a good job of hiding their enthusiasm for the "great opportunity" this has afforded them. Hell, never mind hiding it, they can't even stop talking about it!

"

I stand by my statement, either you haven't been paying attention (to anything other than the shiny key jangling of the "figures") or you misunderstand what is happening here.

Have I lost anyone? Not yet, though we have 3 in my extended family currently self isolating from positive tests. Their symptoms range from zero at the low end (only got tested because someone else in the house came up positive) to a bit of a cough and a mild headache in the worst of the 3.

And he's in his 60s with co-morbidities.

If you lost someone, I feel for you, but death is part of life and we can't continue to end living to save life. The fact is the vast majority of people who died from COVID were on the cusp of dying from something else anyway. I'm sure that sounds callous, but it's a fact.

Exactly.

I stand by my statement, either you haven't been paying attention (to anything other than the shiny key jangling of the "figures") or you misunderstand what is happening here.

Have I lost anyone? Not yet, though we have 3 in my extended family currently self isolating from positive tests. Their symptoms range from zero at the low end (only got tested because someone else in the house came up positive) to a bit of a cough and a mild headache in the worst of the 3.

If you lost someone, I feel for you, but death is part of life and we can't continue to end living to save life. The fact is the vast majority of people who died from COVID were on the cusp of dying from something else anyway. I'm sure that sounds callous, but it's a fact. "

100% fully agree on every word of u, but some idiots cant bear reality to that,

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

Exactly.

If you lost someone, I feel for you, but death is part of life and we can't continue to end living to save life. The fact is the vast majority of people who died from COVID were on the cusp of dying from something else anyway. I'm sure that sounds callous, but it's a fact.

100% fully agree on every word of u, but some idiots cant bear reality to that, "

At last (some) people are starting to wake up. Well said

the wetlands

Exactly.

At last (some) people are starting to wake up. Well said "

So what's the new age cut off for cancer treatment, cardiac treatment ?

If someone doesn't have a job should they even be treated by the NHS as they're a burden on society ?

Think of the money we could save, the Covid debt could be cleared in a few years

By the way just to be clear that's sarcasm

Exactly.

At last (some) people are starting to wake up. Well said

So what's the new age cut off for cancer treatment, cardiac treatment ?

If someone doesn't have a job should they even be treated by the NHS as they're a burden on society ?

Think of the money we could save, the Covid debt could be cleared in a few years

By the way just to be clear that's sarcasm "

Sarcasm perhaps, but what is more is a false equivalence

» Add a new message to this topic