FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Lewis Hamilton

Lewis Hamilton

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eedsmale36 OP   Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Hamilton tests positive, should see some good racing in F1 this weekend.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Leeds

He must have been at Rita Ora’s party at the weekend, so much for the secure F1 bubble.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Me be being cynical or is it funny now he’s world he’s got covid. May be wanted a longer break??

"Me be being cynical or is it funny now he’s world he’s got covid. May be wanted a longer break??"

World Champion

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"He must have been at Rita Ora’s party at the weekend, so much for the secure F1 bubble."

Funnily enough he was hugging a massive group of teammates after his win with absolutely zero social distancing. So I'm not surprised at all. Funny that no one ever seemed to condemn him either at the time

"Funnily enough he was hugging a massive group of teammates after his win with absolutely zero social distancing. So I'm not surprised at all. Funny that no one ever seemed to condemn him either at the time"

I noticed that too. Will they all have to self isolate now ?

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Funnily enough he was hugging a massive group of teammates after his win with absolutely zero social distancing. So I'm not surprised at all. Funny that no one ever seemed to condemn him either at the time"

The usual us and them laws and rules apply, didn't you know that?!

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Wow, the anti Hamilton commentators out in force today!

It's not as though he's the first person in the public eye to have contracted C19 and I'd guess being part of a F1 team presents some social distancing challenges.

"Wow, the anti Hamilton commentators out in force today!

It's not as though he's the first person in the public eye to have contracted C19 and I'd guess being part of a F1 team presents some social distancing challenges."

No one forced him to hug 30 + teammates did they? It's got nothing to do with whether I like him or not it's about inconsistencies.

Glasgow

" Funny that no one ever seemed to condemn him either at the time"

Condemn? Unless we know he contracted the virus due to reckless behaviour on his part I don't think anyone's in a position to condemn him. Unless of course you'd like to shame everyone who's ever contracted the virus.

It's not as though he's the first person in the public eye to have contracted C19 and I'd guess being part of a F1 team presents some social distancing challenges."

I'm a fan of Lewis Hamilton, i was just making a comment about the lack of social distancing.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Let's just wish him a speedy recovery. Pardon the pun.

Leeds

He will have to stay in his 6 star hotel room in Bahrain for 2 weeks with nothing but the finest room service, by the pool in 35 degree heat in December........ha ha Lewis unlucky, oh wait hang on a minute

Glasgow

It's not as though he's the first person in the public eye to have contracted C19 and I'd guess being part of a F1 team presents some social distancing challenges.

No one forced him to hug 30 + teammates did they? It's got nothing to do with whether I like him or not it's about inconsistencies."

You know this is how he contracted the virus? The media's suggesting it was prior to the Bahrain GP.

The irony is Hamilton is tested regularly, and posted consistently recorded negative results, so it's understandable that he believed he posed little/no risk to others and he certainly won't now as he's forced to self isolate, rightly so.

Leeds

"He must have been at Rita Ora’s party at the weekend, so much for the secure F1 bubble.

"

You know he was doing Rita on a regular basis the lucky bastard

Glasgow

"Let's just wish him a speedy recovery. Pardon the pun. "

Hear, hear and hope no one else in his close circle has become infected

" Funny that no one ever seemed to condemn him either at the time

Condemn? Unless we know he contracted the virus due to reckless behaviour on his part I don't think anyone's in a position to condemn him. Unless of course you'd like to shame everyone who's ever contracted the virus."

I'm merely pointing out the inconsistencies which you don't seem to be understanding. It is not a personal Vendetta against Lewis Hamilton, who I absolutely love because he's vegan amongst other things. I'm just baffled as to why people are out in force condemning Rita Ora for having a meal with 30 friends, when he basically hugged 30 friends. Rule is hands face space, and that applies to everybody on the planet famous or otherwise.

Glasgow

"

I'm just baffled as to why people are out in force condemning Rita Ora for having a meal with 30 friends, when he basically hugged 30 friends."

Thanks for the clarification, this is the first you've mentioned Rita Ora in the thread! For the record I'd 'condemn' her behaviour but not her if she contracted the virus.

Glasgow

" I'm just baffled as to why people are out in force condemning Rita Ora for having a meal with 30 friends, when he basically hugged 30 friends. "

Ps I believe F1 teams are supposed to operate as independent bubbles.

"

I'm just baffled as to why people are out in force condemning Rita Ora for having a meal with 30 friends, when he basically hugged 30 friends.

Thanks for the clarification, this is the first you've mentioned Rita Ora in the thread! For the record I'd 'condemn' her behaviour but not her if she contracted the virus."

Which is what I'm doing about Lewis Hamilton I just think it was was a severe lack of judgement to jump into that crowd. I guess you could say that his excitement at winning was maybe similar to Rita Ora's excitement at having a birthday party. I just feel that because she is a woman and dresses sexy, and also has had quite a few boyfriends, she is often trashed and s*** shamed and I think this was just another opportunity for people to have a go at her.

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

Condemn? Unless we know he contracted the virus due to reckless behaviour on his part I don't think anyone's in a position to condemn him. Unless of course you'd like to shame everyone who's ever contracted the virus.

I'm merely pointing out the inconsistencies which you don't seem to be understanding. It is not a personal Vendetta against Lewis Hamilton, who I absolutely love because he's vegan amongst other things. I'm just baffled as to why people are out in force condemning Rita Ora for having a meal with 30 friends, when he basically hugged 30 friends. Rule is hands face space, and that applies to everybody on the planet famous or otherwise."

It doesn't apply in certain professional sports. What about rugby and football? The reason we still have elite sport is because players/managers /support staff are being tested regularly and remain in a team bubble as much as possible to reduce the risk of infection. Unfortunately nothing can eliminate the risk of infection completely as C19 is as easy to catch as the common cold.

Hope the GOAT cam recover soon and finish off the season, COVID-19 strikes again

I'm merely pointing out the inconsistencies which you don't seem to be understanding. It is not a personal Vendetta against Lewis Hamilton, who I absolutely love because he's vegan amongst other things. I'm just baffled as to why people are out in force condemning Rita Ora for having a meal with 30 friends, when he basically hugged 30 friends. Rule is hands face space, and that applies to everybody on the planet famous or otherwise.

It doesn't apply in certain professional sports. What about rugby and football? The reason we still have elite sport is because players/managers /support staff are being tested regularly and remain in a team bubble as much as possible to reduce the risk of infection. Unfortunately nothing can eliminate the risk of infection completely as C19 is as easy to catch as the common cold."

Still no reason to hug it is not compulsory to sport. Inconsistencies and people cannot hug dying relatives.

Sick to bloody death people justifying

The hugging is not just Lewis it's all sports people

I've never understood it but the powers that be call it their bubble and also hide behind the fact that they are tested daily which is the gen6 public aren't

No it's not fair but that's the whole them and us of stars and public

"The hugging is not just Lewis it's all sports people

I've never understood it but the powers that be call it their bubble and also hide behind the fact that they are tested daily which is the gen6 public aren't

No it's not fair but that's the whole them and us of stars and public "

Exactly and it's like me having an STI test and then wanting to have sex without a condom with somebody. What about the time in between having the test and having sex even if it was just a matter of a few hours? I could have unprotected sex and catch something and similarly with covid after being tested you could still contract it it before you hug 30 of your teammates. People will always defend things when it suits them and their interests and their agenda. Someone who is not a fan of Rita Ora but loves to watch the Grand Prix will always find something nice to say about their Hero.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Well at least someone else can win for a change. He’s a good lad Lewis but he makes the sport a bit repetitive by being so good and driving such a decent build.

Leeds

"Well at least someone else can win for a change. He’s a good lad Lewis but he makes the sport a bit repetitive by being so good and driving such a decent build. "

Time for Bottas to justify his seat, Verstappen will be all over him, Hope Checco does good if RP have a fucking car left

By *iercedyvonneTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

I like Lewis but he's gone down in my estimation.

Bubble, regular testing, whatever.

When the public see him hugging loads of people the wrong message gets sent.

He needs to apologise and the whole of sport needs to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Glasgow

"Someone who is not a fan of Rita Ora but loves to watch the Grand Prix will always find something nice to say about their Hero."

I'm not really a fan of Rita Ora or Lewis Hamilton but understand the reasons why they're popular with their fans.

In this instance though I think Rita Ora is more deserving of criticism, since it's her behaviour which is being highlighted and she hasn't tested +ve as far as we know.

Hamilton on the other hand has tested +ve, which is bad enough as it could have serious consequences on his wellbeing but we don't know how he contracted the virus, he may well have been distributing food parcels to impoverished orphans

Leeds

"Someone who is not a fan of Rita Ora but loves to watch the Grand Prix will always find something nice to say about their Hero.

I'm not really a fan of Rita Ora or Lewis Hamilton but understand the reasons why they're popular with their fans.

In this instance though I think Rita Ora is more deserving of criticism, since it's her behaviour which is being highlighted and she hasn't tested +ve as far as we know.

Hamilton on the other hand has tested +ve, which is bad enough as it could have serious consequences on his wellbeing but we don't know how he contracted the virus, he may well have been distributing food parcels to impoverished orphans "

He can deliver a lot of food parcels if they let him use the company car

"Someone who is not a fan of Rita Ora but loves to watch the Grand Prix will always find something nice to say about their Hero.

Hamilton on the other hand has tested +ve, which is bad enough as it could have serious consequences on his wellbeing but we don't know how he contracted the virus, he may well have been distributing food parcels to impoverished orphans "

^ yeah of course he was doing just that. Like I said people will always find some justification it's so boring -just accept it he behaved irresponsibly.

Glasgow

"

^ yeah of course he was doing just that. "

It was a 'joke'

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

Time to call a permanent halt to all forms of motorsport- except rallying.

So dull and pointless just going round and round a circuit. Same old same old. All covered with multiple sponsor logos so that any advertising just becomes a blur. They get a trophy and stand on a podium, spray Champagne.

Dull, dull, dull.

It’s all been done to death.

Leeds

"

^ yeah of course he was doing just that.

It was a 'joke' "

Glasgow

"Like I said people will always find some justification it's so boring -just accept it he behaved irresponsibly."

You're right, people will always try to find some justification to support their views, my point is we don't know how he contracted the virus and whether he was behaving irresponsibly when he did so, he may have been sneezed on by one of the aforementioned orphans, or been committing acts of buggery with Rita at her party!

Leeds

"Like I said people will always find some justification it's so boring -just accept it he behaved irresponsibly.

You're right, people will always try to find some justification to support their views, my point is we don't know how he contracted the virus and whether he was behaving irresponsibly when he did so, he may have been sneezed on by one of the aforementioned orphans, or been committing acts of buggery with Rita at her party! "

I’d fucking risk catching it, doing Rita in her sweet tight ass

Glasgow

"Like I said people will always find some justification it's so boring -just accept it he behaved irresponsibly.

You're right, people will always try to find some justification to support their views, my point is we don't know how he contracted the virus and whether he was behaving irresponsibly when he did so, he may have been sneezed on by one of the aforementioned orphans, or been committing acts of buggery with Rita at her party!

I’d fucking risk catching it, doing Rita in her sweet tight ass "

Poor Rita, it's probably a birthday gift she didn't anticipate receiving

Leeds

I’d fucking risk catching it, doing Rita in her sweet tight ass

Poor Rita, it's probably a birthday gift she didn't anticipate receiving "

I’d even pay her 10k fine

" I'm just baffled as to why people are out in force condemning Rita Ora for having a meal with 30 friends, when he basically hugged 30 friends.

Ps I believe F1 teams are supposed to operate as independent bubbles."

This. The teams don't need to observe social distancing as they're a bubble. It would be too impractical to have 50 people in a garage building a car with those rules. They still try to observe it when they can, but don't have to xx

By *ottoncandy42Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

"He must have been at Rita Ora’s party at the weekend, so much for the secure F1 bubble."

Haha love this, more free PR for Lewis, always in the news one way or another..

By *ecretlivesCouple  over a year ago

FABWatch HQ

" I'm just baffled as to why people are out in force condemning Rita Ora for having a meal with 30 friends, when he basically hugged 30 friends.

This. The teams don't need to observe social distancing as they're a bubble. It would be too impractical to have 50 people in a garage building a car with those rules. They still try to observe it when they can, but don't have to xx"

Which should mean the entire bubble should now isolate. I wonder if they have spare teams of 50+ as well as drivers.

By *ookMan  over a year ago

london

Although don’t wish him any bad vibes...the only thing I think of when his name is mentioned is Nicole swingzershy er... his ex girlfriend.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Rita and Lewis sittin in a tree..

Kay eye ess ess eye en gee...

Aww..

Nice rumour

Leeds

"He must have been at Rita Ora’s party at the weekend, so much for the secure F1 bubble.

Haha love this, more free PR for Lewis, always in the news one way or another.. "

You should only worry when they stop talking about you, Fab should sponsor his visor strip next year “as talked about on fabswingers”

Leeds

Haha love this, more free PR for Lewis, always in the news one way or another.. "

Can I stop at yours for the 2021 GP, Lichlake Farm is just not VIP enough

"Time to call a permanent halt to all forms of motorsport- except rallying.

So dull and pointless just going round and round a circuit. Same old same old. All covered with multiple sponsor logos so that any advertising just becomes a blur. They get a trophy and stand on a podium, spray Champagne.

Dull, dull, dull.

It’s all been done to death. "

Ah right because you don’t enjoy any form of motorsport it should be halted. You obviously never watched bike racing nothing Dull about that.

This. The teams don't need to observe social distancing as they're a bubble. It would be too impractical to have 50 people in a garage building a car with those rules. They still try to observe it when they can, but don't have to xx"

still didn't need to hug

This. The teams don't need to observe social distancing as they're a bubble. It would be too impractical to have 50 people in a garage building a car with those rules. They still try to observe it when they can, but don't have to xx

still didn't need to hug"

So I can invite 50 people into my garage can I as long as they're in my bubble? Needless people have died and once again you are one of those people that keep justifying the indefensible.

Glasgow

still didn't need to hug

So I can invite 50 people into my garage can I as long as they're in my bubble? Needless people have died and once again you are one of those people that keep justifying the indefensible. "

Nobones trying to justify anything!

The F1 teams (supposedly) exist in a bubble, so are able be in close proximity with each other, besides which there's no evidence as yet that this was the cause of his infection.

Leeds

still didn't need to hug

So I can invite 50 people into my garage can I as long as they're in my bubble? Needless people have died and once again you are one of those people that keep justifying the indefensible. "

Take a chill pill Bex, think of your blood pressure

Tin town

still didn't need to hug

So I can invite 50 people into my garage can I as long as they're in my bubble? Needless people have died and once again you are one of those people that keep justifying the indefensible.

Nobones trying to justify anything!

The F1 teams (supposedly) exist in a bubble, so are able be in close proximity with each other, besides which there's no evidence as yet that this was the cause of his infection."

But you can understand that it's not a great image right? Whether safe or not.... When the whole country is not allowed to hug their grans... To see it on millions of TV screens is a bit.... Of a kick in the nuts no?

He may be allowed to do so (is he?)

It may be low risk as they are all in a biosphere bubble (are they?)

They may have 50 people working on the same car (not sure physically how that is achievable unless they are little elves)

But surely you can see its not a good image for some pool people.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

still didn't need to hug

You can

Only if your garage is the base for elite sports and everyone gets tested daily.

Best of luck .

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

Those critics bringing up the fact he hugged his engineering team (who also have all been regularly tested and work in a so called bubble)... Did you comment or create any forum threads condemning rugby players during the recent Autumn games and end of the six nations?..... or is it just because there’s “something” you don’t like about Lewis Hamilton in particular?

Glasgow

"

But you can understand that it's not a great image right? Whether safe or not.... When the whole country is not allowed to hug their grans... To see it on millions of TV screens is a bit.... Of a kick in the nuts no?

They may have 50 people working on the same car (not sure physically how that is achievable unless they are little elves)

But surely you can see its not a good image for some pool people. "

No, it's not a good image, but Hamilton is a private person, he's not in public service or a representative of government.

Hugging team mates (allegedly in his bubble) after winning a grand Prix isnt the most heinous of crimes in my opinion.

"Those critics bringing up the fact he hugged his engineering team (who also have all been regularly tested and work in a so called bubble)... Did you comment or create any forum threads condemning rugby players during the recent Autumn games and end of the six nations?..... or is it just because there’s “something” you don’t like about Lewis Hamilton in particular?"

Well said!!!!

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

[Removed by poster at 01/12/20 13:56:02]

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

It sais positive which probably just means a mild cold like symptom.

"The hugging is not just Lewis it's all sports people

No it's not fair but that's the whole them and us of stars and public

Exactly and it's like me having an STI test and then wanting to have sex without a condom with somebody. What about the time in between having the test and having sex even if it was just a matter of a few hours? I could have unprotected sex and catch something and similarly with covid after being tested you could still contract it it before you hug 30 of your teammates. People will always defend things when it suits them and their interests and their agenda. Someone who is not a fan of Rita Ora but loves to watch the Grand Prix will always find something nice to say about their Hero."

well what about me who is a fan of rota and not a fan of cars or racing but can still see the difference between jumping into your team in an adrenaline filled moment to celebrate and planning an illegal party, putting the venue at risk too, sneaking in the back door to try bot get caught then pretending it was spur of the moment and you thought lockdown had ended (you dont arrange a restaurant to open on the sly spur of the moment)

also plenty people (myself included) will have std tests then have sex after as long as you trust the partner ... its pretty much how every new relationship starts surely

Not a fan of F1 and Hamiltons sense of style in very questionable at times but give the guy a break . Hes got covid , hes not a mass murderer.

By *na WintersTV/TS  over a year ago

woodford halse

This is correct, during the season the teams are independent bubbles... his mechanics and crew are all part of that bubble.

He did nothing wrong after the race, just seems like people fancy a moan at somebody whom is heavily in the public eye and just contracted covid...

Tin town

"

But surely you can see its not a good image for some pool people.

No, it's not a good image, but Hamilton is a private person, he's not in public service or a representative of government.

Hugging team mates (allegedly in his bubble) after winning a grand Prix isnt the most heinous of crimes in my opinion."

No I agree with that. But along with the other sports players, rugby, football.. we see celebrating by hugging eachother and kissing eachother (basically showing no restraint at all), it's not good to see when "we" can't do the basics with the people we love... And who may also have been tested and isolated and encountered many fewer interactions with people.

I mean what's the point of the F1 presenters and so on doing interviews in face masks (great image and pr) when it's all undone by group hugs in celebration.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Hamilton tests positive, should see some good racing in F1 this weekend."

There's been no shortage of great racing at every race this year.

Cal

Leeds

"Hamilton tests positive, should see some good racing in F1 this weekend.

There's been no shortage of great racing at every race this year.

Cal"

I agree it’s been a good season with some different tracks and some good racing, just lacking the atmosphere but to be expected.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

This is correct, during the season the teams are independent bubbles... his mechanics and crew are all part of that bubble.

He did nothing wrong after the race, just seems like people fancy a moan at somebody whom is heavily in the public eye and just contracted covid...

"

And those independent bubbles have families and friends, grocery shopping etc to do...

As Prix go, he's the most Grand.

By *AYENCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"Me be being cynical or is it funny now he’s world he’s got covid. May be wanted a longer break??"

I don't think you quite understand the motivation and dedication required to be a multiple world champion!

Glasgow

And those independent bubbles have families and friends, grocery shopping etc to do... "

I've dont know how the F1 bubbles work, but I'm sure they'll have no more special privilege than any other professional sports team/activity.

Glasgow

And those independent bubbles have families and friends, grocery shopping etc to do...

I've dont know how the F1 bubbles work, but I'm sure they'll have no more special privilege than any other professional sports team/activity."

*I

Glasgow

"Me be being cynical or is it funny now he’s world he’s got covid. May be wanted a longer break??

I don't think you quite understand the motivation and dedication required to be a multiple world champion!"

Quite right!

Can't really imagine any elite sports person gifting victory to a competitor that they knew they had a good chance of beating!

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

Top driver .. determination and commitment to work with his team not for himself is beyond doubt.

It looks like he is taking a few days off sick .. and no one has ever done that before?

lol

Lincolnshire

"Me be being cynical or is it funny now he’s world he’s got covid. May be wanted a longer break??

I don't think you quite understand the motivation and dedication required to be a multiple world champion!

Quite right!

Can't really imagine any elite sports person gifting victory to a competitor that they knew they had a good chance of beating! "

Exactly, with two races left he was shooting for two more wins, bringing his total to a nice round 100.

Cant wait to see George Russell in his car, what an audition that is for a future seat!!

I don't think you quite understand the motivation and dedication required to be a multiple world champion!"

Indeed, think of the greats across the sports.

These guys and girls quit for no-one.

Leeds

"Cant wait to see George Russell in his car, what an audition that is for a future seat!!"

Let’s hope he doesn’t stuff it following the safety car

"Cant wait to see George Russell in his car, what an audition that is for a future seat!!

Let’s hope he doesn’t stuff it following the safety car "

Haha yeah, its going to be interesting. Probably 10 guys thinking I can with this now.

"Cant wait to see George Russell in his car, what an audition that is for a future seat!!"

Same here as well

I honestly did not expect Merc to choose George but i'm glad they did. It's going to be a big ask for George, but i really really hope he can stick it to Bottas and come in ahead of him. If he does, it proves that sticking with Bottas next year is a mistake.

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

Of course Lewis Hamilton has nothing to worry about from the virus and the rest of the drivers should do their best to catch it over the winter before the start of the next season.

Leeds

"Cant wait to see George Russell in his car, what an audition that is for a future seat!!

Haha yeah, its going to be interesting. Probably 10 guys thinking I can with this now."

Should be an interesting race

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

Haha yeah, its going to be interesting. Probably 10 guys thinking I can with this now.

Should be an interesting race "

Cant see beyond Verstappen for the next race. The only driver to consistently pressure Hamilton this season, and in an inferior car as well. With the different track layout (a series of sweeping bends instead of the infield section), then race pace through corners will be important, and the Red Bull is good at that.

woodford halse

And those independent bubbles have families and friends, grocery shopping etc to do... "

Of which many don't get to see during the season, they also don't do most of their own shopping.

Honestly, you read about Rita ora, the Kardashian and whatnot hosting parties during lockdown and getting measly fines.

Or football players spending an hour and a half on a pitch with 21 other players, 11 of which AREN'T in their bubble.

I mean, the saints, an American football team won their last game, went back to the locker room and celebrated without masks, and got fined half a million dollars and lost a draft pick for next season... For celebrating in a room full of people in their bubble, after spending multiple hours on a pitch together... It's unreal...

I can't do this, so these people who dedicate their life to a sport that provides entertainment, and operate inside s bubble of fully tested people shouldn't be able to either.

Sounds like textbook sense of entitlement to me.

I mean...

He won a race and celebrated with his team, he didn't go out clubbing, or host a party for his closest friends and family.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Of which many don't get to see during the season, they also don't do most of their own shopping.

Honestly, you read about Rita ora, the Kardashian and whatnot hosting parties during lockdown and getting measly fines.

Or football players spending an hour and a half on a pitch with 21 other players, 11 of which AREN'T in their bubble.

I mean, the saints, an American football team won their last game, went back to the locker room and celebrated without masks, and got fined half a million dollars and lost a draft pick for next season... For celebrating in a room full of people in their bubble, after spending multiple hours on a pitch together... It's unreal...

I can't do this, so these people who dedicate their life to a sport that provides entertainment, and operate inside s bubble of fully tested people shouldn't be able to either.

I mean...

He won a race and celebrated with his team, he didn't go out clubbing, or host a party for his closest friends and family.

"

I think the point was he was still with a large group of people. They are all as bad as each other.

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

They do and they are frequently tested.

It should have been safe to hug his team

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

PS Good news for George Russell as he will drive Lewis's car this weekend

By *ingaling328Man  over a year ago

Lincoln

With this F1 thing they are in work bubbles just like I am at work. All F1 teams get constantly tested before the weekend and during to minimise the risk if someone does catch it. Look at the protesters all over. Social distance I don't think so. School children no social distancing in class because there in that bubble....well until they leave then free for all and gossiping mothers haha

woodford halse

I mean...

I think the point was he was still with a large group of people. They are all as bad as each other. "

They are in no way as bad as eachother, he did something that is totally okay, due to the circumstances he is currently in, with him and the team being tested daily, and them commuting to the same bubble during season.

She (Rita Ora), broke the rules and tried to be sneaky by sneaking people in the back door, and was only caught when somebody outed her to the police.

Totally different situations.

What people are actually pissef about, is the fact that he is allowed to celebrate and hug his team when he wins a race, but they don't have a team of tested individuals in their bubble, jealousy and a sense of entitlement makes them then want to condemn him for something he is perfectly okay doing.

woodford halse

For everyone making the comparison between Rita Ora and Lewis Hamilton, may I add this.

He did what he did, which is perfectly fine, on LIVE TV, not hiding it, he knows he is allowed to celebrate with his team, just because you can't go and visit people and celebrate, doesn't mean he can't.

And let's just get this right... He celebrated with his team for, a few minutes? 10 at most that we saw.

Rita Ora hosted a birthday party that lasted HOURS, behind closed doors, sneaking people in the back door as not to get caught.

How can you compare these 2 acts?

Lewis Hamilton has never been seen without a mask since they were made mandatory.

Still got covid.

There's a message there!

Glasgow

"Lewis Hamilton has never been seen without a mask since they were made mandatory.

Still got covid.

There's a message there!"

Masks don't provide 100% protection from Covid? Didn't we already know that? They only reduce the risk!

Tin town

"Lewis Hamilton has never been seen without a mask since they were made mandatory.

Still got covid.

There's a message there!

Masks don't provide 100% protection from Covid? Didn't we already know that? They only reduce the risk!"

Apparently that simple fact is beyond some peoples understanding.

Lincolnshire

"PS Good news for George Russell as he will drive Lewis's car this weekend"

Should be a guaranteed win for George then, because according to many, Lewis only wins because he's in the fastest car! Yes, apparently it's even faster than the one that Bottas drives

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

"PS Good news for George Russell as he will drive Lewis's car this weekend

Should be a guaranteed win for George then, because according to many, Lewis only wins because he's in the fastest car! Yes, apparently it's even faster than the one that Bottas drives "

Well, he nearly got pole. 2nd the first time he's driven the car. I think it does say a lot about the car being the biggest factor in making champions.

In fact, I think stick me in that Mercedes and I'd get somewhere near the podium

Scunthorpe

Should be a guaranteed win for George then, because according to many, Lewis only wins because he's in the fastest car! Yes, apparently it's even faster than the one that Bottas drives

Well, he nearly got pole. 2nd the first time he's driven the car. I think it does say a lot about the car being the biggest factor in making champions.

In fact, I think stick me in that Mercedes and I'd get somewhere near the podium "

Unless you've driven an F1 car before, you probably not be able to get it out of the garage

By *attooYouMan  over a year ago

just about northside

Overrated. Russell within 0.02 of Bottas. Says it all. Could put a donkey in that merc and it would win...

Scunthorpe

"Overrated. Russell within 0.02 of Bottas. Says it all. Could put a donkey in that merc and it would win... "

So, are you saying that even a donkey is better than Bottas?

"Overrated. Russell within 0.02 of Bottas. Says it all. Could put a donkey in that merc and it would win... "

In fact, I think stick me in that Mercedes and I'd get somewhere near the podium "

the wetlands

"Hamilton tests positive, should see some good racing in F1 this weekend."

It speaks volumes when a driver who's never scored a point in F1 can drive hamilton's car just as quick as he can.

Gutted for Russell

the wetlands

Should be a guaranteed win for George then, because according to many, Lewis only wins because he's in the fastest car! Yes, apparently it's even faster than the one that Bottas drives "

Ooops

just about northside

"Overrated. Russell within 0.02 of Bottas. Says it all. Could put a donkey in that merc and it would win...

So, are you saying that even a donkey is better than Bottas?"

Nope. I'd say either driver in a merc would beat the donkey, but he'd be the best of the rest. Key thing is, Bottas is not overrated. When I watch Brit produced F1, it's like watching "The Lewis Hamilton Show". Bores the pants off me....

"Overrated. Russell within 0.02 of Bottas. Says it all. Could put a donkey in that merc and it would win...

Nope. I'd say either driver in a merc would beat the donkey, but he'd be the best of the rest. Key thing is, Bottas is not overrated. When I watch Brit produced F1, it's like watching "The Lewis Hamilton Show". Bores the pants off me.... "

Cricket has that effect on me, so I don’t watch it. That seems to work.

One thing I have come to realise is that many people aren't who they seem to be. Covid has certainly brought out the worst in many on fab. Some of the most critical and judgemental people I've encountered, many of whom would say they were non judgemental.

These threads though are great to read as guards drop. Some being long term influencers on fab forums too.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"One thing I have come to realise is that many people aren't who they seem to be. Covid has certainly brought out the worst in many on fab. Some of the most critical and judgemental people I've encountered, many of whom would say they were non judgemental.

These threads though are great to read as guards drop. Some being long term influencers on fab forums too."

You've just noticed?!!

just about northside

"One thing I have come to realise is that many people aren't who they seem to be. Covid has certainly brought out the worst in many on fab. Some of the most critical and judgemental people I've encountered, many of whom would say they were non judgemental.

These threads though are great to read as guards drop. Some being long term influencers on fab forums too."

And what has this got to do with this weekends F1?

These threads though are great to read as guards drop. Some being long term influencers on fab forums too.

And what has this got to do with this weekends F1? "

Fabbers

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

I think today’s race showed a number of things to me. George Russel is very talented, Bottas was made to look average & not just by Russel. Brundle talks out of his arse too much initially blaming Perez for the crash when LeClerc was busy playing bumper cars, Mercedes will now be a bigger target for conspiracy theorists for a few days than Covid & despite all the excitement of this race it’s still boring as fck overall while the Mercs are head & shoulders above everyone else.

Roll on next years MotoGP season where at the end of a race the last placed man isn’t in another fekkin time zone!

In one of the last MitoGP races 4 seconds covered first to last after 45 minutes racing. The Mercs pulled that today in about 10 laps

S

By *onkey_boy87Man  over a year ago

derby

Wow I didn't realise this many people hated Lewis Hamilton. I wonder why??? Lol

Nope. I'd say either driver in a merc would beat the donkey, but he'd be the best of the rest. Key thing is, Bottas is not overrated. When I watch Brit produced F1, it's like watching "The Lewis Hamilton Show". Bores the pants off me.... "

That's how i feel about rugby, so i never watch it !

By *addyBabygirl2020Couple  over a year ago

norwich

"Wow I didn't realise this many people hated Lewis Hamilton. I wonder why??? Lol"

I don't hate him as sportsmen go he is really lacking in the personality department.

Not a very interesting or exciting champiom for the public to get behind.

Plus it makes for a dull race when you know who will win.

What are you suggesting?

"Wow I didn't realise this many people hated Lewis Hamilton. I wonder why??? Lol

I don't hate him as sportsmen go he is really lacking in the personality department.

Not a very interesting or exciting champiom for the public to get behind.

Plus it makes for a dull race when you know who will win.

What are you suggesting?"

Are there any drivers (or even sports persons) who have any real personality. They are now just PR machines; none more so than Hamilton who was in his early teens when McLaren started preparing him for greatness

By *laymateteeMan  over a year ago

bristol

"Those critics bringing up the fact he hugged his engineering team (who also have all been regularly tested and work in a so called bubble)... Did you comment or create any forum threads condemning rugby players during the recent Autumn games and end of the six nations?..... or is it just because there’s “something” you don’t like about Lewis Hamilton in particular?"

This right here. If I remember correctly all of those guys from his team were still wearing masks and had their gloves on. Football players hug each other after every goal,they roll on the ground when tackled,the same ground that is spat on from the start to the finish of the match. Lewis is not the first F1 driver to test positive. Haters will keep hating and he'll come back stronger.

bristol

It speaks volumes when a driver who's never scored a point in F1 can drive hamilton's car just as quick as he can.

Gutted for Russell"

He drove it quick but not as quick as Hamilton. Just like every footballer can kick a ball but you can't compare them all to Messi,Pele or Maradona

bristol

"He will have to stay in his 6 star hotel room in Bahrain for 2 weeks with nothing but the finest room service, by the pool in 35 degree heat in December........ha ha Lewis unlucky, oh wait hang on a minute "

There it is. Looks like he's living the life you can't even dream about lol. That's the real reason you seem to dislike him.

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

World Champion "

Its you being cynical

West Wales

Gutted for Russell

He drove it quick but not as quick as Hamilton. Just like every footballer can kick a ball but you can't compare them all to Messi,Pele or Maradona "

In the whole scheme of things whether you win by one second or one minute is irrelevant. Is the guy winning by one minute worth paying twenty times the wage of the guy winning by one second.

You can bet a bean counter at Mercedes is already asking that question.

S

bristol

Gutted for Russell

He drove it quick but not as quick as Hamilton. Just like every footballer can kick a ball but you can't compare them all to Messi,Pele or Maradona

In the whole scheme of things whether you win by one second or one minute is irrelevant. Is the guy winning by one minute worth paying twenty times the wage of the guy winning by one second.

S"

And all this based on 1 race. Lewis is a 7 time world champion and has more experience than George even when it comes to decision making during the race. George is a good driver and he'll probably drive for Mercedes in the future but to think he can replace Lewis now after 1 good race is ridiculous and I don't think Mercedes are even thinking about it

As well as George did it's the equivalent to a football player getting one call up to the England squad.

West Wales

Gutted for Russell

S

And all this based on 1 race. Lewis is a 7 time world champion and has more experience than George even when it comes to decision making during the race. George is a good driver and he'll probably drive for Mercedes in the future but to think he can replace Lewis now after 1 good race is ridiculous and I don't think Mercedes are even thinking about it "

I don’t think he can replace Lewis now but he just proved he can replace Bottas & that should be his seat soon.

Once he’s in it properly I have no doubt it’ll have more effect on the LH franchise than Bottas ever has & that is possibly why it’ll never happen , not till Lewis announces his retirement anyway.

I’d love to be wrong though.

S

bristol

Gutted for Russell

S

And all this based on 1 race. Lewis is a 7 time world champion and has more experience than George even when it comes to decision making during the race. George is a good driver and he'll probably drive for Mercedes in the future but to think he can replace Lewis now after 1 good race is ridiculous and I don't think Mercedes are even thinking about it

I don’t think he can replace Lewis now but he just proved he can replace Bottas & that should be his seat soon.

Once he’s in it properly I have no doubt it’ll have more effect on the LH franchise than Bottas ever has & that is possibly why it’ll never happen , not till Lewis announces his retirement anyway.

I’d love to be wrong though.

S"

Being Lewis' team mate and competing against him is not easy,Nico said that it was mentally and physically draining that's why he retired after becoming world champion coz it would have been too different him to try to defend the title against Lewis. George will probably take Lewis' seat when he retires as he's the future for Mercedes

Gutted for Russell

S

And all this based on 1 race. Lewis is a 7 time world champion and has more experience than George even when it comes to decision making during the race. George is a good driver and he'll probably drive for Mercedes in the future but to think he can replace Lewis now after 1 good race is ridiculous and I don't think Mercedes are even thinking about it "

First thing that came to my mind.

What separates very good and Great is consistency over time. Mercedes will only have very good drivers even in the background so no surprise that they can produce it. A great driver will take a very good car and make it look even better and make an average car seem fast. Many are forgetting that the cars change every race. It was only a few races back that Hamilton said "I've no idea what car I'll have tomorrow", the conditions were changing so much that setup's were going to be guess work.

bristol

Gutted for Russell

S

First thing that came to my mind.

What separates very good and Great is consistency over time. Mercedes will only have very good drivers even in the background so no surprise that they can produce it. A great driver will take a very good car and make it look even better and make an average car seem fast. Many are forgetting that the cars change every race. It was only a few races back that Hamilton said "I've no idea what car I'll have tomorrow", the conditions were changing so much that setup's were going to be guess work."

So true

» Add a new message to this topic