FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Debenhams is about to close its doors.

Debenhams is about to close its doors.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Debenhams stores are set to close after the failure of last ditch efforts to rescue the ailing store chain. It means all 12,000 employees are likely to lose their jobs when the chain's 124 shops cease trading, there were alot of bargain hunters as they reduced the price, was it on the decline as business before covid too? I think that covid speeded up the process. I feel sorry for all those who is losing their job and this means that the british high stret will be emptier than ever before.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Covid may have speeded up the process but the key issue is the collapse of Arcadia group causing JD Sports to abandon its interest in Debenhams. Without the current issues (lockdowns and covid etc) it's quite likely a suitable buyer would have been found.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Debenhams stores are set to close after the failure of last ditch efforts to rescue the ailing store chain. It means all 12,000 employees are likely to lose their jobs when the chain's 124 shops cease trading, there were alot of bargain hunters as they reduced the price, was it on the decline as business before covid too? I think that covid speeded up the process. I feel sorry for all those who is losing their job and this means that the british high stret will be emptier than ever before."

Meh. I'm sad for the people who lost their jobs (unemployed since first lockdown here so I know how it feels) but Debenhams was outdated and had been on the decline for years. Most stores had become High Street landmarks rather than successful businesses. This is just the way the world works; all businesses have to close at some point...

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

» Add a new message to this topic