FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > New Years Eve

New Years Eve

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hristeresa12 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Totnes

So Boris & co. have dodged a bullet by opening up Christmas and avoiding mass civil obedience at the cost of expected further prolonged January lockdown, that's now a given.

All quiet about New Years Eve though, that's going to be an interesting situation. Thoughts on a postcard...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

People will do what people do. Some will have a quiet night in alone/in their bubble others will relax the "Christmas relaxation" period a bit more and have some friends/family over. I can't see the police knocking on people's doors breaking up NYE gatherings.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

NYE always sucks and I couldn't give two shits about missing it tbh

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Our understanding of it hear in wales is pubs will still shut at 6pm and still no alcohol sales. So people will empty the supermarkets and offies oftheir booze and do their own thing . Within or outside of the rules. But there is hope both other political parties in wales are due a vote next week so may end the witch hunt on hospitality that drakeford has.as he admited himself on monday most of the cases are in the under 25 age group. So possible closing schools and uni's early may help. Most schools in swansea have at least 1 whole year group off in isolation and more and more staff are falling ill

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

For the first time in nearly a decade I'm not working.....this is a massive thing as us controllers have it in our contracts that no matter what, we all work new years eve. Instead they have put all the new rookies on with only 2 controllers like its a normal sat night in the summer.

Personally I'm chuffed but also turning my phone off so I don't get called in if the shit hits the fan!

By *usybee73Man  over a year ago

in the sticks

Couldn't give 2 fucks as will do the normal routine, drinks, takeaway and jowls Holland... depending if not asleep by then.

New years eve = another marketing gem, spend loads over a date in the calender, say no more!

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

The virus will bwe back after this festive week and the country will have full lockdown as people are so stupid ignorant and selfish

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"NYE always sucks and I couldn't give two shits about missing it tbh"
Im with you on that one

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

[Removed by poster at 03/12/20 07:19:25]

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"So Boris & co. have dodged a bullet by opening up Christmas and avoiding mass civil obedience at the cost of expected further prolonged January lockdown, that's now a given.

All quiet about New Years Eve though, that's going to be an interesting situation. Thoughts on a postcard..."

Lockdown will definately happen after. They were implying during their broadcast that unless everyone has the vaccine, lockdowns will not end. Not making it mandatory but pitting those who want it against those who don't. Let's face it, due to loss of freedoms they can now lock us down whenever they want under the covid banner. The numbers do not add up at all.

I'm not fussed.

Live alone and no kids work nightshift Christmas eve night through to new year's eve morning so no stuffing for me this Christmas.

As for new year's eve night I'll probs be too fecked for any libations (Yeah I know - Scottish light weight. Haha)

"So Boris & co. have dodged a bullet by opening up Christmas and avoiding mass civil obedience at the cost of expected further prolonged January lockdown, that's now a given.

All quiet about New Years Eve though, that's going to be an interesting situation. Thoughts on a postcard..."

I couldn't care less about NYE. Never really bothered about it myself.

By *otmale5Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Don’t really care anymore ., I’ll stay in my bubble and protect my family. Government has made an arse of the whole thing since day one. We should call it the COVID hokey cocky. In out, in out shake it all about .. utter shambles . My opinion

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

i imagine i will be doing what i have done on new years eve for the last 5 or 6 years .my 8 yr old will be here we will watch jools holland then crash out.think nye is over rated. paying to get in pubs you can just walk into the rest of the year extortinate cab fares and everyone trying despratley to have a good time

By *otmale5Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Agreed . Haven’t done new year eve justice in many many years . Staying home for me a few vodkas see in the new year and go to bed .

The new rules that have just been announced in France are a curfew from 8pm to 6am every day except for Christmas but including NYE.

Maybe Boris will follow this.

By *aul happyMan  over a year ago

tilgate crawley

no matter what the government impose over xmas and new year ,,, people will still ignore it and do what they want grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ........ me i will be staying in and just protecting myself,,,,,,, hates new years anyways ,,,,,, we should do what france is doing

By *hades Of GreyMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Because of the irresponsible element of our population, by the first week in January there will be a large spike in infections, followed by an increase in Hospital admissions, and a week later a spike in deaths. As Matt Hancock says "don't kill your Granny!"

I'm not bothered about New Year. I've already had two by myself so a third will make it a nice little hat trick! I'll just open a bottle of red, have some munchies and put in Netflix

upton wirral

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

I'm always asleep b 4 midnight lol so no different x

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

"People will do what people do. Some will have a quiet night in alone/in their bubble others will relax the "Christmas relaxation" period a bit more and have some friends/family over. I can't see the police knocking on people's doors breaking up NYE gatherings."

I can, my son in law works for our local police force. All leave was cancelled a couple of weeks ago for the New Year exactly for that reason.

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

Pubs etc will still have their current closing times, but I don't think there's any NYE organised fireworks this year down here that I can see. Probably won't stop people gathering though

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I am nightshift New Years Eve. If i had been off i would have been at home with a bottle of beer and Jools Holland on the tv.

Just the two of us at home this NYE, for the first time in years, and that suits us just fine. Might see if we can cum together at the stroke of midnight (yeah right, more likely we'll be be fast asleep on the sofa).

By *arbellsWoman  over a year ago

Cambridge

Never go out on NYE so just the usual gym, takeaway and repeat on NYD minus the takeaway

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Always loved NYE at the Club. But here we are and this is what we have. One NYE missed, no big deal.

After all it is for the sake-of-humanity!

We all need to start thinking MACRO World and stop thinking MICRO Me.

By *ouble_The_DelightCouple  over a year ago

Wakefield

We usually have a fet party here with our lovely friends, was 30 here last year, will be the first time in about 20 years that there hasn't been one here, will miss everyone this year but will have to make up for it next year with the party of all parties.

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

I reckon it`ll be carnage.

Every conversation regarding COVID-19 is ridiculous.

The British attitude is sad, people will do what they want!

What people should be asking themselves is; "Do I want to risk getting COVID-19?"

or

"Do I want to be safe as I possibly can from contracting COVID-19"

It is not rocket science!

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

I think we'd all be in a better place if there was "civil obedience".

E

All quiet about New Years Eve though, that's going to be an interesting situation. Thoughts on a postcard...

E"

What? Setting fires to peoples cars? - looting? Giving strangers COVID19. Yup. Always made total sense to me.

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

E

What? Setting fires to peoples cars? - looting? Giving strangers COVID19. Yup. Always made total sense to me.

"

I think the OP meant civil disobedience.

E

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

Just another night, and our government are trying to ensure Jan 2021 is nothing to look forward to.

"Just another night, and our government are trying to ensure Jan 2021 is nothing to look forward to."

As is their duty to do. Less will go and get COVID infections then.

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

I plan on getting very d*unk to wave goodbye to the horrible year.

"NYE always sucks and I couldn't give two shits about missing it tbhIm with you on that one "

Me too, i think its shite

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

[Removed by poster at 12/12/20 21:14:11]

upton wirral

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I'll be doing the same as always for new years eve x

By *m A FuckerMan  over a year ago

kingswood,surrey

Everyone will do what they normally do.......

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

It will be my 60th birthday. The family party I'd planned was cancelled some time ago so I'll be on my own on my sofa after enjoying a big fat steak and planning a summer party in my garden.

Working New Year’s Eve so don’t give a fuck

By *issIrishCoffeeWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

"The virus will bwe back after this festive week and the country will have full lockdown as people are so stupid ignorant and selfish"

Well said

By *jj 69Man  over a year ago

stafford

Im normally in blackpool at club sx not year x

H

By *urvySub87Woman  over a year ago

Near Wellingborough

I'm going bingo, I'll be home by 10 so I'll pop a movie on. Living that rockstar lifestyle

"I'm going bingo, I'll be home by 10 so I'll pop a movie on. Living that rockstar lifestyle "

Me too

"I'm going bingo, I'll be home by 10 so I'll pop a movie on. Living that rockstar lifestyle

Me too "

Well presuming we don't go into lockdown immediately after Christmas.

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

With you on that one.

Never really get whats so special about it tbh.

Just another excuse to get fleeced if you ask me.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I don't usually go out for Nye anyway, thought about going out for a family meal but would rather have a nice steak at home. I'm sure there'll be people ordering the bare minimum off a menu with loads of drinks. Then doing the same elsewhere.

I feel sorry for people who work in pubs and have to deal with people who think it's ok to try and flout the rules.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

There will just be the two of us....just how we like it

Home with gin in front of telly

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

My daughter was born new years day 38 years ago, when fathers weren't encouraged to be at the birth, so spent new year's eve alone in labour thinking how my life would change.

Every year since I've spent new year's eve "alone" even when my family was around me. Prior to her marriage and a family of her own my daughter would always spend her birthday with me.

This year will be no different really, I'll spend it reflecting on the year past and look forward to my plans and aspirations for the coming year.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Is there ANYBODY on here (apart from me) that actually LIKES new years eve?

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Is there ANYBODY on here (apart from me) that actually LIKES new years eve?

"

I love it

I love it"

I do too.

I love nye as well

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

I love it

I do too.

I love nye as well "

Xxx

Roll on nye 21/22.

Hopefully all this will be over and we’re back to normal.

Then I can go dancing the night away in the pubs and clubs around Manchester’s village and snog the face off as many people as I can.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I love it

I do too.

I love nye as well "

Sorry no.

Used when I was a teenager and early 20's

Then it just went silly with price's and even your local pubs wants you to buy a ticket to get in just to be able to sit and watch people get shit faced.

Naaaa I'll sit at home in a dark room being grumpy thanks.

Grrrrr

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Looking at pics circulating on social media of crowds out shopping it looks quite likely that we won't have a choice to go out anyway!

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

Interesting to see the quite high proportion of those on here who are not into New Year's Eve.

I assumed that I was unusual in having no interest in either going out or staying up for it. However, I think that if it fell at midsummer in this part of the world I might happily indulge in an outdoor orgy. I have been to Stonehenge etc. many times for the solstice (but definitely not the winter one).

Apart from anything else i take the view that night time is best spent in bed, with or without company, and the idea of parties that don't even get going until the small hours makes little sense.

My most memorable new year's night was when a former girl friend left her own party after midnight to to visit me in bed wearing her very little black party dress. Unfortunately she now lives too far away for a re-run!

I'm not really fussed about New Year's Eve to be honest.

In my twenties and early Thirties i loved going out with my friends on new years eve, But now I'd rather not pay the ridiculous entry fee and spend an hour queuing at the bar to get a drink then to get crushed by a load of sweaty strangers.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"

I've had some incredible NYEs, typically in Edinburgh or overseas but also happy to party any night or just with friends. I don't need an artificial reason for it but will join in if there's a celebration.

This year I'm expecting us to be in an high Tier and not to be out, which could suppress more infections.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I'm not really fussed about New Year's Eve to be honest.

In my twenties and early Thirties i loved going out with my friends on new years eve, But now I'd rather not pay the ridiculous entry fee and spend an hour queuing at the bar to get a drink then to get crushed by a load of sweaty strangers."

This is why I just stay at home, I get annoyed when you can get into your local for free 364 other days of the year. Really can't be bothered to queue for half an hour to get a drink either. Easier just to have a couple of friends over.

I like the idea of celebrating a new year, a new day, a fresh start. I recognise the need to be invigorated. Having said this I appear to have reached a point in my life that I also know that I am not good at joining in and so don't. Not from any sort of feeling of superiority, just a wish and need to do my own thing. So bed at 10 probably and hopefully a good sleep and a good new day ahead for myself and everyone out there. Happy Monday to you all

» Add a new message to this topic