FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Mjedical advice about the vaccine

Mjedical advice about the vaccine

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lassy lady 216 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Craigavon

Are there any doctors or medidal proffessionals on here i recently tested positive for the virus and have definitely had it as i have had some of the symptoms so therefore i should have made my own antibodies so do i really need the vaccine then surely the antibodies that i have made should kast me for a while im asking this because i am in the group that will be getting it first and if i thought i could wait a yr or so to see what side effects if any that the vaccine is going to have i would i just think this vaccine is too good to be true it seems too fast and given the way the government have handled the whole pandemic im not sure i fully trust them

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's not mandatory, so if you don't want to have it then don't

A call to your GP would be best with regard to the questions you have regarding immunity.

As far as not trusting the government is concerned, they neither made the vaccine nor approved it for use so I'm unsure why your concerns are directed towards that.

Also, this is likely to disappear into the virus forum

By *lassy lady 216 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Craigavon

I am aware that its not mandatory but i have it on very good authority that alot of airlines arent going to let people travel unless they have it and as i have family abroad i want to be abke to travel i am aware also that the government havent hand a hand in making the vaccine but who is to say that they havent given a bad hander to get it made so quickly

Then, if you are that distrustful of it, don't have it and accept that for now some of your activities - such as foreign travel - might be curtailed.

The fact it got made so quick isn't really a cause for concern for me . The funding that was put into this vaccine was unparalleled with a lot of the red tape bullshit bypassed.

There has been numerous entities pushing towards vaccine development and a lot have orogressed and tnen found issues and been pushed back to square one.

Very interesting talk here from a few months back by Paul Offit who is an American pediatrician specializing in infectious diseases, vaccines, immunology, and virology.

https://youtu.be/0eTXnL4uEsE

"

A call to your GP would be best

"

Better than asking on a swingers forum? Surely not!

By *verage Joe BlackMan  over a year ago

Border Area

"

Better than asking on a swingers forum? Surely not!"

Given some of the advice I've received from GPs in my lifetime (and their often apathetic or dismissive nature, depending on the mood they are in), I'd sooner trust the Fab forum..!!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There will be several vaccines in all likelihood, over coming weeks, so you have choice possibly over none or all as suitable. They may target specific ones, at relevant groups, once there's choice.

This vaccine has been years in the making, this final year just the tip of the iceberg. Don't listen to the fantasy that it takes 10 years, or whatever Karen from Facebook is parroting, because she saw it posted somewhere else. The safety rules are the same.

You may have antibodies, which are just a part of your immune system response. Get advice from your medics.

By *llywalesWoman  over a year ago

"Are there any doctors or medidal proffessionals on here i recently tested positive for the virus and have definitely had it as i have had some of the symptoms so therefore i should have made my own antibodies so do i really need the vaccine then surely the antibodies that i have made should kast me for a while im asking this because i am in the group that will be getting it first and if i thought i could wait a yr or so to see what side effects if any that the vaccine is going to have i would i just think this vaccine is too good to be true it seems too fast and given the way the government have handled the whole pandemic im not sure i fully trust them "

"Are there any doctors or medidal proffessionals on here i recently tested positive for the virus and have definitely had it as i have had some of the symptoms so therefore i should have made my own antibodies so do i really need the vaccine then surely the antibodies that i have made should kast me for a while im asking this because i am in the group that will be getting it first and if i thought i could wait a yr or so to see what side effects if any that the vaccine is going to have i would i just think this vaccine is too good to be true it seems too fast and given the way the government have handled the whole pandemic im not sure i fully trust them "

So, you don’t trust the government, world leading scientists and/or doctors but you do trust random people on a sex site?

I would contact my GP if I had any doubts about it, which I don’t.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Your GP knows your medical history better than anyone. I, too, would ask them.

I hope your recovery is swift and complete.

I'm intrigued about this idea that businesses are going to be declining customers who have not been vaccinated.

These are the same businesses that have been decimated due to covid and will be desperate to get paying customers back in. I'm not convinced that they are going to be declining any business in the cold light of economics

By *ab jamesMan  over a year ago

ribble valley

"I'm intrigued about this idea that businesses are going to be declining customers who have not been vaccinated.

These are the same businesses that have been decimated due to covid and will be desperate to get paying customers back in. I'm not convinced that they are going to be declining any business in the cold light of economics"

At the risks of litigation, God forbid, someone catches covid in their establishment. They have a duty of care to protect customers and staff.

"I'm intrigued about this idea that businesses are going to be declining customers who have not been vaccinated.

These are the same businesses that have been decimated due to covid and will be desperate to get paying customers back in. I'm not convinced that they are going to be declining any business in the cold light of economics

At the risks of litigation, God forbid, someone catches covid in their establishment. They have a duty of care to protect customers and staff. "

Oh and how would they prove they caught a virus in any particular location ?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

A lot of advice on calling GP,maybe best to email as they are busy

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"

Oh and how would they prove they caught a virus in any particular location ?"

Proper contact tracing would provide likelihood.

A visit to the location would soon show if they weren't following an accepted proceedure.

Manchester (she/her)

"

A visit to the location would soon show if they weren't following an accepted proceedure."

In countries with near zero incidence they can and do trace where infections come from. I know in some of the reinfection cases they've been able to determine, at least broadly, that the reinfections had different sources.

I hope that lawsuits are rare to non existent, but I can see that they might exist, and that businesses (and the insurance they rely on) scramble to find ways to reduce liability to themselves.

Manchester (she/her)

It's not the same, OP, but I'll be asking my doctor for advice on the vaccines due to family medical history. I absolutely want to be vaccinated (I'm super keen) but those with unusual circumstances are right to seek clarification.

By *assage_MusicCouple  over a year ago

South East

"

A visit to the location would soon show if they weren't following an accepted proceedure.

In countries with near zero incidence they can and do trace where infections come from. I know in some of the reinfection cases they've been able to determine, at least broadly, that the reinfections had different sources.

I hope that lawsuits are rare to non existent, but I can see that they might exist, and that businesses (and the insurance they rely on) scramble to find ways to reduce liability to themselves."

This is not likely to happen.

Noone will file a lawsuit on allegations of having contracted the virus in any particular settings. Let's not go overboard.

Businesses will simply follow the safety guidance. Noone can control virus transmission and no court of law will entertain frivolous liability claims.

Contrast the above with a situation where there is a legal requirement to have certain vaccinations in order to work in NHS, for example, HepB vaccine every 5 years. If a doctor or nurse is found not have had the vaccination done and a patient contracts it while at their care, the clinic/hospital may be found liable.

By *assage_MusicCouple  over a year ago

South East

If you've had the virus, don't bother with a vaccine. But as others said, ask your GP for their opinion. Some people have had covid second time. Worse.

It may be very rare, but so much is still unknown about this virus.

Regarding immunity passports, I hope there wouldn't be such a thing but if not, they should include those with antibodies too.

Manchester (she/her)

"

I hope that lawsuits are rare to non existent, but I can see that they might exist, and that businesses (and the insurance they rely on) scramble to find ways to reduce liability to themselves.

This is not likely to happen.

Noone will file a lawsuit on allegations of having contracted the virus in any particular settings. Let's not go overboard.

Businesses will simply follow the safety guidance. Noone can control virus transmission and no court of law will entertain frivolous liability claims.

Contrast the above with a situation where there is a legal requirement to have certain vaccinations in order to work in NHS, for example, HepB vaccine every 5 years. If a doctor or nurse is found not have had the vaccination done and a patient contracts it while at their care, the clinic/hospital may be found liable. "

How do you know it won't happen? Businesses are extremely liability averse, and I can well imagine "fuck going through this shit again". There's some discussion of requirements for flights, for example.

My family are certainly more keen to fly Qantas if they do.

Manchester (she/her)

"Are there any doctors or medidal proffessionals on here i recently tested positive for the virus and have definitely had it as i have had some of the symptoms so therefore i should have made my own antibodies so do i really need the vaccine then surely the antibodies that i have made should kast me for a while im asking this because i am in the group that will be getting it first and if i thought i could wait a yr or so to see what side effects if any that the vaccine is going to have i would i just think this vaccine is too good to be true it seems too fast and given the way the government have handled the whole pandemic im not sure i fully trust them

If you've had the virus, don't bother with a vaccine. But as others said, ask your GP for their opinion. Some people have had covid second time. Worse.

It may be very rare, but so much is still unknown about this virus.

Regarding immunity passports, I hope there wouldn't be such a thing but if not, they should include those with antibodies too. "

Some people have had Covid a second time, had it worse, so the OP shouldn't be vaccinated? That doesn't seem logical.

The OP should ask the doctor.

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

But you'd maybe trust a stranger on a sex site that claims to be a doctor?

Interesting

Your GP is the only place for you to go really for your query.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

"

Better than asking on a swingers forum? Surely not!"

Loads of experts here apparently

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

"

Given some of the advice I've received from GPs in my lifetime (and their often apathetic or dismissive nature, depending on the mood they are in), I'd sooner trust the Fab forum..!! "

You really must have had bad experiences then

"

Loads of experts here apparently "

Both medical and legal.

By *ljamMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"

Loads of experts here apparently

Both medical and legal."

I haven't seen any educational certificates or credentials but there are plenty of intelligent people on the forum, with well reasoned views who are able to provide sources etc.

Of course there are also bullshit merchants peddling nonsense out of either total stupidity, or some other tedious reason...

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

The vaccine offers you stronger protection from the virus than having had the virus does. This is not fully understood yet but as the months go by we will learn how long an infection gives protection for and how long the vaccine gives protection for

"

A visit to the location would soon show if they weren't following an accepted proceedure."

Due to the fact the PCR test is picking up fragments of the virus that could be weeks old I'm not sure how you are going to be able to pinpoint the time a person was infected let alone where they were infected.

By *addyBabygirl2020Couple  over a year ago

norwich

"I am aware that its not mandatory but i have it on very good authority that alot of airlines arent going to let people travel unless they have it and as i have family abroad i want to be abke to travel i am aware also that the government havent hand a hand in making the vaccine but who is to say that they havent given a bad hander to get it made so quickly "

Its not good authority. No way airlines can implement this. There will not be enough vaccine or the abilty to administer it for this to be a reality.

Manchester (she/her)

"I am aware that its not mandatory but i have it on very good authority that alot of airlines arent going to let people travel unless they have it and as i have family abroad i want to be abke to travel i am aware also that the government havent hand a hand in making the vaccine but who is to say that they havent given a bad hander to get it made so quickly

Its not good authority. No way airlines can implement this. There will not be enough vaccine or the abilty to administer it for this to be a reality."

Next year at least two manufacturers will be able to produce billions of doses. You sure about that?

"I am aware that its not mandatory but i have it on very good authority that alot of airlines arent going to let people travel unless they have it and as i have family abroad i want to be abke to travel i am aware also that the government havent hand a hand in making the vaccine but who is to say that they havent given a bad hander to get it made so quickly

Its not good authority. No way airlines can implement this. There will not be enough vaccine or the abilty to administer it for this to be a reality."

It's probably other countries who will implement it. The airlines are are merely the carriers.

The anti-vaxxers will soon change their minds when the find out they can't get into Benidorm or the Canaries without a certificate of vaccination.

Its not good authority. No way airlines can implement this. There will not be enough vaccine or the abilty to administer it for this to be a reality.

It's probably other countries who will implement it. The airlines are are merely the carriers.

The anti-vaxxers will soon change their minds when the find out they can't get into Benidorm or the Canaries without a certificate of vaccination."

Yes they will need their Certificate Of Vaccination ID or COVID for short.

Manchester (she/her)

The anti-vaxxers will soon change their minds when the find out they can't get into Benidorm or the Canaries without a certificate of vaccination.

Yes they will need their Certificate Of Vaccination ID or COVID for short."

Oh very clever

By *ab jamesMan  over a year ago

ribble valley

At the risks of litigation, God forbid, someone catches covid in their establishment. They have a duty of care to protect customers and staff.

Oh and how would they prove they caught a virus in any particular location ?"

Certain pubs have already been shut, as many infections all trace back to the same places. Wouldn't the venue have to prove, they'd done all things reasonably possible to defend cases?

By *ickychef1Man  over a year ago

Greenford

My cousin had it in March and has got it again...

Manchester (she/her)

Certain pubs have already been shut, as many infections all trace back to the same places. Wouldn't the venue have to prove, they'd done all things reasonably possible to defend cases?"

As cases decrease it'll become even easier to trace back

Certain pubs have already been shut, as many infections all trace back to the same places. Wouldn't the venue have to prove, they'd done all things reasonably possible to defend cases?"

In a U.K. court it’s not down to the defence to prove innocence.

» Add a new message to this topic