FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Comms and PR

Comms and PR

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackformore100 OP   Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Am I the only one who is somewhat puzzled by the way the govt have managed the pr and communications around this pandemic and its associated lockdowns, masks, Xmas free for all, vaccine etc?

I am no expert, but I can't help feeling that the way it has been done has encouraged wreckless behaviour from some.

Announce a week before going into lockdown so that some people go out on the piss for a week like it's the last alcohol they will ever touch... Not once but twice. Announce 2 weeks before that masks are essential, announce that vaccine is approved before they have a program in place.... So that people think its all OK 3 weeks before Xmas. All encouraging loosening of social interactions. Would it not have been better to start vaccinating people first and then when it's up and running announce that we are doing it, that it will take 24 months to get through the population and that it's essential we enforce existing behaviours?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

They need to announce lockdown a few days before to allow business to get things in place, use up stock etc

Tin town

"They need to announce lockdown a few days before to allow business to get things in place, use up stock etc"

Oh yes i understand there is a need for some notice and I also understand they are damned of they do and damned if they don't. But we brits have shown over the last months how well or otherwise we like to challenge the rules and sometimes in my opinion, announcing a vaccine that can treat a maximum of 400k people with no plan yet of how to deliver it, and then the media spin it into a "we are all saved" story is simply going to encourage behaviours that will spread the infection.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

you have to give people time to plan before you put a rule in place that they need to stick to

also could you imagine if they had been “vaccinating people in secret” before they announced it (you know that how is would be spun)

their communications about the vaccine have been very clear on who gets it now, how long between doses and how long til then immune so its not now a free for all ... if people hear different because they want to thats on them

the more i think about this is kills me that the government have to constantly pander to the lowest level of stupidity (lets be honest its actually a mix of selfishness and ignorance) or they are the ones in the wrong

and thats not the tory govt, or a labour , or any specific party i want to stick up for but for god sake they had to tell us to wash our bloody hands to stop spreading germs ... imagine we had to think for ourselves ever

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"They need to announce lockdown a few days before to allow business to get things in place, use up stock etc

Oh yes i understand there is a need for some notice and I also understand they are damned of they do and damned if they don't. But we brits have shown over the last months how well or otherwise we like to challenge the rules and sometimes in my opinion, announcing a vaccine that can treat a maximum of 400k people with no plan yet of how to deliver it, and then the media spin it into a "we are all saved" story is simply going to encourage behaviours that will spread the infection. "

I think you have a point I feel delivery of this vaccine will not be easy also only 800,000 doses so far not very many non even in the country yet

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"the more i think about this is kills me that the government have to constantly pander to the lowest level of stupidity (lets be honest its actually a mix of selfishness and ignorance) or they are the ones in the wrong

and thats not the tory govt, or a labour , or any specific party i want to stick up for but for god sake they had to tell us to wash our bloody hands to stop spreading germs ... imagine we had to think for ourselves ever "

So many seem incapable of thinking for themselves sadly.I believe that the computer age has destroyed peoples ability to think

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Midnight or near enough announcement of changes in some cases, announcement via press leak... it's an utter shambles.

Tin town

"the more i think about this is kills me that the government have to constantly pander to the lowest level of stupidity (lets be honest its actually a mix of selfishness and ignorance) or they are the ones in the wrong

and thats not the tory govt, or a labour , or any specific party i want to stick up for but for god sake they had to tell us to wash our bloody hands to stop spreading germs ... imagine we had to think for ourselves ever "

100 % agree and that's also part of my point. It's not just some people that choose to hear what they want.... The media and other sources have become the story themselves and twist to their agendas... We then expect people to take the time and have the skills to appropriate the "correct" information and interpret it.

Now with something like covid, where accurate and timely information makes such a massive difference the govt (and as you said this is apolitical) have a responsibility to do a much better job... Knowing as they do that as soon as you say pubs are closing... People will be ramming triples into their faces as quick as they can (as one example) or panic buying loo rolls as another.

You then have the massive potentially conflicting policys that encourage 2000 people to get together in a stadium but only 6 can meet in a pub. I can understand what's trying to be achieved.... But I can also understand how people can very easily question the purpose of some of the messages.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"They need to announce lockdown a few days before to allow business to get things in place, use up stock etc

Oh yes i understand there is a need for some notice and I also understand they are damned of they do and damned if they don't. But we brits have shown over the last months how well or otherwise we like to challenge the rules and sometimes in my opinion, announcing a vaccine that can treat a maximum of 400k people with no plan yet of how to deliver it, and then the media spin it into a "we are all saved" story is simply going to encourage behaviours that will spread the infection. "

Most countries that arent run by hard line governments have had plenty of people ignoring the rules and governments who arent getting the message across in the way they would like to, the media are to blame for a lot of it as they just keep stirring up trouble and confusing

And at the same time as telling us masks dont work because we would touch our face too much..yeah who listens to their wise words eh...

Oh yes i understand there is a need for some notice and I also understand they are damned of they do and damned if they don't. But we brits have shown over the last months how well or otherwise we like to challenge the rules and sometimes in my opinion, announcing a vaccine that can treat a maximum of 400k people with no plan yet of how to deliver it, and then the media spin it into a "we are all saved" story is simply going to encourage behaviours that will spread the infection.

Most countries that arent run by hard line governments have had plenty of people ignoring the rules and governments who arent getting the message across in the way they would like to, the media are to blame for a lot of it as they just keep stirring up trouble and confusing"

i agree the british media are nothing short of a disgrace ... nothing but clickbait headlines they might aswel be gossip rags ... but then what do you expect when its all for the shareholders... the other extreme would be the bbc which is not for profit but people tend to think is biased and then throw social media into the mix and it just gets even worse

i try wherever possible to not read any news now... although it probably means i am less informed than the ill informed ... rock and a hard place

Most countries that arent run by hard line governments have had plenty of people ignoring the rules and governments who arent getting the message across in the way they would like to, the media are to blame for a lot of it as they just keep stirring up trouble and confusing

i agree the british media are nothing short of a disgrace ... nothing but clickbait headlines they might aswel be gossip rags ... but then what do you expect when its all for the shareholders... the other extreme would be the bbc which is not for profit but people tend to think is biased and then throw social media into the mix and it just gets even worse

i try wherever possible to not read any news now... although it probably means i am less informed than the ill informed ... rock and a hard place "

I’m in the same position at the moment don’t know who or what news to trust at the moment. It’s a sorry state of affairs for all of us unfortunately.

» Add a new message to this topic