FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Cleaning

Cleaning

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *usybee73 OP   Man  over a year ago

in the sticks

Years ago, we were told humans were losing their natural immunity due to everything being sterile, surfaces and hands etc children were encouraged to get dirty etc

So begs the question of what now? With everything being cleaned to an inch of its life, what about the human immune system now?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Years ago, we were told humans were losing their natural immunity due to everything being sterile, surfaces and hands etc children were encouraged to get dirty etc

So begs the question of what now? With everything being cleaned to an inch of its life, what about the human immune system now?"

It's only for a short period of time, it takes more than just a year or two.

Cal

in the sticks

"Years ago, we were told humans were losing their natural immunity due to everything being sterile, surfaces and hands etc children were encouraged to get dirty etc

So begs the question of what now? With everything being cleaned to an inch of its life, what about the human immune system now?

Cal"

Do you really think it will be that long? Don't forget the phase ... the new normal.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Research evidence continues to accrue in medical and health fields. It's better to stay abreast of current research, rather than less well studied areas from history.

Presently, we're just being advised to wash our hands sufficiently and to stay at a distance from strangers. Good advice in winter anyway. As is taking the flu vaccine.

Good hygiene will stand you in good stead for when meets are permitted for physical engagement.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Cal

------

Do you really think it will be that long? Don't forget the phase ... the new normal. "

My personal view is that the uk will be back to "proper" normal around the end of summer, things will be much closer to normal in the spring.

Realistically though, we will have to wait and see... my guess is just "my" guess.

Cal

in the sticks

"Research evidence continues to accrue in medical and health fields. It's better to stay abreast of current research, rather than less well studied areas from history.

Presently, we're just being advised to wash our hands sufficiently and to stay at a distance from strangers. Good advice in winter anyway. As is taking the flu vaccine.

Good hygiene will stand you in good stead for when meets are permitted for physical engagement. "

Always brought up to wash hands especially before food

Heres an article from a couple of years ago which point's out the danger of over cleaning

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20151118-can-you-be-too-clean

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

Cal

------

Do you really think it will be that long? Don't forget the phase ... the new normal.

My personal view is that the uk will be back to "proper" normal around the end of summer, things will be much closer to normal in the spring.

Realistically though, we will have to wait and see... my guess is just "my" guess.

Cal"

When we get back to normal or something like normal will depend more than anything now on how many people get vaccinated. If the uptake is as little as 70% very little is going to change. If we can get 90% + to have the vaccine things could be very near normal by the end of next year.

in the sticks

Cal

------

Cal"

I agree with as can only guess to whats going to happen, I just suspect health and safety will have a new arm so to speak

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Kids should and can play in the dirt and get mucky, we are only sanitising to slow down the coronavirus until we have more arsenal to fight it.

Antibiotics will be the next big one

in the sticks

"Kids should and can play in the dirt and get mucky, we are only sanitising to slow down the coronavirus until we have more arsenal to fight it.

Antibiotics will be the next big one"

In theory antibiotics should be used as last resort, but unfortunately twats going to the doctors demanding them for a sore throat etc ..

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

Cal

------

Cal

When we get back to normal or something like normal will depend more than anything now on how many people get vaccinated. If the uptake is as little as 70% very little is going to change. If we can get 90% + to have the vaccine things could be very near normal by the end of next year."

it doesn't need to be 90%.if 70%took the vaccine that that would suffice and life would change gradually. The other 30%.would have to gain natural immunity. This is how all virus have been tackled in the past

We have been warned that even with a vaccination program, restrictions will remain for some time after that ie, masks and distancing could around for a while

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

Cal

Do you really think it will be that long? Don't forget the phase ... the new normal. "

Unless Covid-19 goes the way of SARS then yes we will have a new normal.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

So begs the question of what now? With everything being cleaned to an inch of its life, what about the human immune system now?"

Ah yes, back in the filthy days of Victorian-age London everyone was naturally immune, lived well into their 80s and never ever died due to hygiene-related illnesses...

"Research evidence continues to accrue in medical and health fields. It's better to stay abreast of current research, rather than less well studied areas from history.

Good hygiene will stand you in good stead for when meets are permitted for physical engagement. "

it might not be official advice but i think the sanitiser bit of things is a glaring omission from how much cleaning you think everyone has been doing ... for example ithe only time i carried about hand sanitser before would have een for portaloos at a festival now i dont leave the house without it and cant enter a store without using it again

all the home working means we are exposed to less people and less non covid germs than usual too ... its probably why kids all went back to school and nursery and whole households got sick (but not with covid)

i honestly haven’t been obsessive with the cleaning at home (i know of people cleaning down or quarantining their deliveries including food shopping) ... i tend to just be more careful when out and about around other people to protect them more than me so i think my immune system will get back to normal fairly quickly but i think without it even being a conscious decision the “new normal” comment is probably fair ... for example when do you imagine shops will think it’s appropriate to stop with the sanitiser, none will want to be first and take the reputational hit ... things like that i think will be here to stay

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Mobile Phones, Internet, satellite TV, microwave ovens, colour television, a 4th TV channel, council tax, pasta.... all things that have become a 'new normal' during my lifetime.

Having to wash my hands more frequently isn't such a big deal.

Good hygiene will stand you in good stead for when meets are permitted for physical engagement.

it might not be official advice but i think the sanitiser bit of things is a glaring omission from how much cleaning you think everyone has been doing ... for example ithe only time i carried about hand sanitser before would have een for portaloos at a festival now i dont leave the house without it and cant enter a store without using it again

all the home working means we are exposed to less people and less non covid germs than usual too ... its probably why kids all went back to school and nursery and whole households got sick (but not with covid)

i honestly haven’t been obsessive with the cleaning at home (i know of people cleaning down or quarantining their deliveries including food shopping) ... i tend to just be more careful when out and about around other people to protect them more than me so i think my immune system will get back to normal fairly quickly but i think without it even being a conscious decision the “new normal” comment is probably fair ... for example when do you imagine shops will think it’s appropriate to stop with the sanitiser, none will want to be first and take the reputational hit ... things like that i think will be here to stay "

I probably wouldn't continue cleaning the shopping and deliveries once cases die down but the hand washing/sanitising has always been something I've done. I was raised in a culture that places a lot of importance on personal hygiene and so grew up always washing hands when coming in from outside the house and before eating. No shoes in the house and had to change straight into house clothes when coming home from school. Tbh I'm glad I was raised this way because as an adult I've seen people do some truly disgusting things - especially on public transport

» Add a new message to this topic