FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Children's mental health

Children's mental health

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *yn drwg OP   Man  over a year ago

Camarthen

We are all under restrictions of different kinds but how much will all this affect on children's mental health, I personally think it's going to be a huge problem.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *usybee73Man  over a year ago

in the sticks

Can you compare it to anything?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I think less than it is effecting aldults.Kids are stronger look how they deal with deforce etc.

They also deal with death better they are amazing it is adults that have the problem

By *iobhan123Woman  over a year ago

Deal

Children's resilience is way more prepared than we, as damaged adults, they are amazing creatures

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Think there's a problem regarding the media, always going on about how badly they will be affected, almost talking them into it. However, there is an increase in referrals particularly urgent referrals also, eating disorder referrals have increased. Think it would help if people experiencing anxieties was normalised a bit, they are having normal responses to abnormal circumstances.

By *usybee73Man  over a year ago

in the sticks

Probably find its more the parents then the children...

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

Are we talking about young kids or the teenagers who’ve been vilified?

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Teenagers will find it tough. The younger ones will be fine.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Teenagers will find it tough. The younger ones will be fine."

By *ustfulmusingCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

I think you’re right op,my 8 yr old has really struggled at times.lots of scary news about they definitely hear and pick up on a lot.she has much older brothers so no one to play with at home at the moment as we usually have an open house and lots of play dates ,this has had a big impact on her.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

I definitely noticed the change in my lad during the first lockdown, usually an happy outgoing lad became withdrawn and quiet, which resulted in two mini meltdowns (sobbing episodes) and all his thoughts / fears coming to ahead. He’d basically been overthinking scenarios, grandparents dying without seeing them again, as one example. Since then we have both agreed to tell each other how we are doing / feeling every day and we complete “you are awesome book” and daily challenges that the school sets.

It’s helped and the lad is back to how he was sometimes peppered with usual teenage “Kevin” moments. He knows this won’t last forever and we focus on the good times we can do at home, he is planning our Christmas and new year so that has helped focus and give him something to look forward to.

Talking it all through open and honestly, definitely helped in this house

By *yn drwg OP   Man  over a year ago

Camarthen

In my experience it's teenage , no exams and will they be accepted to college and university, yes you can tell them everyone is in the same boat but that's not how you deal with it!

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

I agree, kids are way more resilient than we think, it's adults that seem to be struggling at the moment, it's not to say we're not all having to deal with different things.

This is the immediate impact on kids, but who's to say there won't be problems mental or other kinds as a result of this. After all we're saying they are stronger but at what point are we adults and what makes us that less resilient and prone to developed mental health. A lot of it is caused by childhood problems. Just one of the longer term effects of covid I feel.

» Add a new message to this topic