FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Give me vaccine

Give me vaccine

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Can’t wait to take my vaccine. So glad to hear so many against it. Which will hopefully speed up the process for the rest of us to get it. I respect everyone’s right to decide if they want it or not. However some of the reasons against it are just really embarrassing. “They will put microchips in it to track us” this is most usually the opinion of people on Facebook. The hypocrisy there is too obvious. “The virus is fake and so is the vaccine”. If this was true the vaccine then would be no more than a placebo and by that alone would still be safe to take because it is technically nothing at all. So this leaves the possibility the vaccine is genuine so the virus is genuine but you still have the it’s untested argument. I even heard people say ‘they haven’t even cured the common cold and we are supposed to believe they cured Covid-19 in record time’. Ok let’s explain this to those people who take their news from tweets. Most vaccines go through a long process purely because they are made not based on the life saving qualities but dependent on revenue possibilities. If it makes money for the manufacturer and their stakeholders then it’s made. This can take years because it’s based on money alone. The speed this vaccine has been made possible is down to the volume of people working on it. Their experience and world of technology plus it’s been backed and highly funded by the government.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I will be having it.

I want my freedom to visit my nana safely.

I think someone was first to cross a road..now we all do.

Well each to their own.

I trust the experts of science not the experts of dab

By *ustforfun49Man  over a year ago

chesterfield

I will be first in the queue.

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"I will be having it.

I want my freedom to visit my nana safely.

I think someone was first to cross a road..now we all do.

Well each to their own.

I trust the experts of science not the experts of dab"

What about Bridget Driscoll?

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Go ahead of me. I'll watch and, wait

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I trust the authorities that keep our food and medicine safe. I recognise the overwhelming public health victory of vaccines.

I know that any intervention carries risk, but I accept that risk and know that it is lower than the disease.

I hope it will be a key component in bringing this nightmare to an end, and I will play my part.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

I'll be taking it as soon as I'm in the appropriate group being vaccinated.

I’m pleased your happy, you can have mine

I am fit, healthy, no underlying co morbidity and my immune system is in tact and working just fine, it is supported with vit D, magnesium and zinc as deficiency was linked in BMJ article about 6 months ago

I shall now state why I am a no thank you

No vaccine is proven 100% safe.. undisputed fact and vaccine damage payment scheme set up by UK gov backs that up, there is alway associated risk

Pfizer were sued for unethical trial in third world country as children died and the forged consent, a kind whistle blower stuck them in it and the article hot the mainstream UK news so I do not think they are to be trusted

Lastly, their claim comes from only 170 confirmed cases of covid in trial group

162 confirmed infections in placebo group 9 severe

8 cases in vaccine group 1 severe

So I do not feel 170 is enough of a cases study for me, and we don’t know if they live in high or low infection area/country have good or poor sanitation

So I will continue to watch the trial with keen interest, and when they have at least 100k confirmed cases and at least 12 months data on any potential long term complications I may then reevaluate my position

2009 Pfizer article

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/pfizer-to-pay-16350m-after-deaths-of-nigerian-children-in-drug-trial-experiment-1663402.html

"I'll watch and wait" like everyone will suddenly just drop down dead. What do people think they are waiting for? Karen to give the OK on Facebook. Vaccines only work if the majority take them.

Let me think the vigorous testing isn't enough... I know what I'll do...I'll just "watch" for a bit...

Good point about the amount of people not wanting it making it quicker for those who do to have it.

""I'll watch and wait" like everyone will suddenly just drop down dead. What do people think they are waiting for? Karen to give the OK on Facebook. Vaccines only work if the majority take them.

Let me think the vigorous testing isn't enough... I know what I'll do...I'll just "watch" for a bit... "

43k trial and 170 confirmed cases from Pfizer website

Not Karen on facebook

I personally do not think that is extensive testing, snd guess what the test group are not people with cormorbid conditions and lets face facts those are the people dying with a covid infection

By *addyBabygirl2020Couple  over a year ago

norwich

I'm so glad we are not on Facebook.

It seems everyone who is Pro having the vaccine mentions FB and all the crazy anti vaccer conspiracies.

In the real world both myself and Babygirl have never come across one person who believes that stuff.

We know many willing to take it.

We also know a similar number who like ourselves, will choose to wait some time before we are convinced it is safe.

We are not Anti Vaccers and both ourselves and children have had most of our vaccinations.

I do wonder if Facebook gives the voices and opinons of a tiny extreme minority more volume then they deserve?

And that causes the majority of those us who have more realistic concerns to be labled as crazy anti vaccers?

"Can’t wait to take my vaccine. So glad to hear so many against it. Which will hopefully speed up the process for the rest of us to get it. I respect everyone’s right to decide if they want it or not. However some of the reasons against it are just really embarrassing. “They will put microchips in it to track us” this is most usually the opinion of people on Facebook. The hypocrisy there is too obvious. “The virus is fake and so is the vaccine”. If this was true the vaccine then would be no more than a placebo and by that alone would still be safe to take because it is technically nothing at all. So this leaves the possibility the vaccine is genuine so the virus is genuine but you still have the it’s untested argument. I even heard people say ‘they haven’t even cured the common cold and we are supposed to believe they cured Covid-19 in record time’. Ok let’s explain this to those people who take their news from tweets. Most vaccines go through a long process purely because they are made not based on the life saving qualities but dependent on revenue possibilities. If it makes money for the manufacturer and their stakeholders then it’s made. This can take years because it’s based on money alone. The speed this vaccine has been made possible is down to the volume of people working on it. Their experience and world of technology plus it’s been backed and highly funded by the government."

Don't forget the fact that the technology behind it has been being developed and tested for years, which is why they got a massive head start

[Removed by poster at 05/12/20 02:53:14]

"I’m pleased your happy, you can have mine

I am fit, healthy, no underlying co morbidity and my immune system is in tact and working just fine, it is supported with vit D, magnesium and zinc as deficiency was linked in BMJ article about 6 months ago

No vaccine is proven 100% safe.. undisputed fact and vaccine damage payment scheme set up by UK gov backs that up, there is alway associated risk

Pfizer were sued for unethical trial in third world country as children died and the forged consent, a kind whistle blower stuck them in it and the article hot the mainstream UK news so I do not think they are to be trusted

So I do not feel 170 is enough of a cases study for me, and we don’t know if they live in high or low infection area/country have good or poor sanitation

So I will continue to watch the trial with keen interest, and when they have at least 100k confirmed cases and at least 12 months data on any potential long term complications I may then reevaluate my position

"

I don't understand what you're getting at. Why do we need case studies on the people who caught covid?

Also, 162 of them were in the PLACEBO group. You said it yourself.

Definitely with you on that one kate, some people are so blind to yhe truth

It's just like Leading the blind and that is what going on right now doing what they bin told

Puppets to the system

I don't understand what you're getting at. Why do we need case studies on the people who caught covid?

Also, 162 of them were in the PLACEBO group. You said it yourself.

"

Green arrow will tell you all you need to know.

By *exhillboyMan  over a year ago

Vilamoura Portugal

"

The problem with the world today is that the young people dont listen to experts any more they listen to influencers, they would rather take the word of a facebook star because they are popular and they mistakenly believe that facts quoted on facebook are genuine. It is a sad indictment of the Millenial generation but thank god it leaves more vaccines for the more sensible amongst us. If you are on a ship out in the ocean that is sinking and someone offers you a life jacket because it gives you a much higher chance of survival than trying to stay afloat without one, you dont say no I dont want a life jacket because you can still die in a life jacket. These no thank you voters are the same people who used to refuse to wear their seatbelts because they thought it would trap them in a burning car. Maybe the world is better off without them.

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

", they would rather take the word of a facebook star because they are popular and they mistakenly believe that facts quoted on facebook are genuine. "

Facts are only facts if they are true

", they would rather take the word of a facebook star because they are popular and they mistakenly believe that facts quoted on facebook are genuine.

Facts are only facts if they are true "

From what I'm seeing it's definitely not young people that are doing that...

", they would rather take the word of a facebook star because they are popular and they mistakenly believe that facts quoted on facebook are genuine.

From what I'm seeing it's definitely not young people that are doing that... "

I would agree with this.

The more extreme claims iv seen over many different platforms have been made by people 40+

From what I'm seeing it's definitely not young people that are doing that...

I would agree with this.

The more extreme claims iv seen over many different platforms have been made by people 40+"

Yep, those who haven't necessarily grown up with recent tech know-how and are more susceptible to things like fake news, the spread of misinformation over platforms like WhatsApp, text/email phishing scams etc.

I know I've had it a lot with my parents where I make them fact check a lot of things they say and read (not just covid stuff) because their "friends" send them those ridiculous chain mails and videos. I've also had to teach them countless times how to recognise online scams.

Also I'd like to add that, aside from the recent spate of celebrities breaking the rules and partying, all of the influencers I follow have encouraged the use of masks and always show themselves wearing masks in public in their vlogs. Even if some of their actions don't match their message, they are definitely not out there trying to spread misinformation to young people.

Not having the vaccine is a purely selfish move and doesn’t help protect the vulnerable in society who can’t take it. I really strongly believe only those who take the vaccine should get their full freedom back. I’m in the first group and I can’t wait to have it but I know I’ll still have to follow restrictions for some time as I can still carry the virus.

"Not having the vaccine is a purely selfish move and doesn’t help protect the vulnerable in society who can’t take it. I really strongly believe only those who take the vaccine should get their full freedom back. I’m in the first group and I can’t wait to have it but I know I’ll still have to follow restrictions for some time as I can still carry the virus. "

I wouldn't go so far as to call them selfish as I do understand some people are genuinely scared and we can't force people to give up their bodily freedom. But seeing some of the anti-vaxx reasons people are churning out makes me weep for humanity. Also seeing the amount of people that don't want it makes me worried for my family's sake. Yes I know the vaccine doesn't completely stop the spread but it does help to reduce it a lot, and I hate the thought of my family being unnecessarily affected because someone chose not to vaxx for the wrong reasons. It also worries me that I won't be able to live a normal life even when the dust settles for fear of infecting my vulnerable loved ones.

I’d have it today if I could , as for the Facebook morons, hope they all get it and suffer , sick to death of hearing about the bullshit they read on there and then preach it around like it’s the gospel,

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"Not having the vaccine is a purely selfish move and doesn’t help protect the vulnerable in society who can’t take it. I really strongly believe only those who take the vaccine should get their full freedom back. I’m in the first group and I can’t wait to have it but I know I’ll still have to follow restrictions for some time as I can still carry the virus. "

This .. I don’t think people that choose not to have the vaccine should benefit from the positives society has to offer if the won’t do their bit.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

"Not having the vaccine is a purely selfish move and doesn’t help protect the vulnerable in society who can’t take it. I really strongly believe only those who take the vaccine should get their full freedom back. I’m in the first group and I can’t wait to have it but I know I’ll still have to follow restrictions for some time as I can still carry the virus.

This .. I don’t think people that choose not to have the vaccine should benefit from the positives society has to offer if the won’t do their bit. "

How pathetic !!

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

""I'll watch and wait" like everyone will suddenly just drop down dead. What do people think they are waiting for? Karen to give the OK on Facebook. Vaccines only work if the majority take them.

Let me think the vigorous testing isn't enough... I know what I'll do...I'll just "watch" for a bit...

43k trial and 170 confirmed cases from Pfizer website

Not Karen on facebook

I personally do not think that is extensive testing, snd guess what the test group are not people with cormorbid conditions and lets face facts those are the people dying with a covid infection "

Just wondering. You seem to only want to take the vaccine when studies show that it is safe. Yet hundreds of studies out there about the dangers of smoking

South

"Not having the vaccine is a purely selfish move and doesn’t help protect the vulnerable in society who can’t take it. I really strongly believe only those who take the vaccine should get their full freedom back. I’m in the first group and I can’t wait to have it but I know I’ll still have to follow restrictions for some time as I can still carry the virus.

This .. I don’t think people that choose not to have the vaccine should benefit from the positives society has to offer if the won’t do their bit.

How pathetic !!"

Why? If people are choosing for others to take the risk .... why shouldn’t there be w consequence to that action? People who choose not to for non medical reasons are selfishly stopping others lives being saved and for society to get back to normal. For every choice there is a consequence why shouldn’t choosers get all the benefits of a vaccine and none of the risk? That’s not how life works

By *ab jamesMan  over a year ago

ribble valley

I think the anti vaxxers are starting to see, they are becoming 2nd class citizens. Fair enough if they want to stick two fingers up to the rest of their community. When they get refused entry to venues, no foreign hols, not being allowed certain jobs etc etc, they only got themselves to blame.

There is a good possibility that by the time they vaccinate the elderly and the high risk the rest of society (us) will be able to just live with the virus, true.

However one day I intend to become elderly so best not confined myself to years of isolation in a “lockdown”and instead insure a better quality of life in my old age.

"I think the anti vaxxers are starting to see, they are becoming 2nd class citizens. Fair enough if they want to stick two fingers up to the rest of their community. When they get refused entry to venues, no foreign hols, not being allowed certain jobs etc etc, they only got themselves to blame. "

Have you heard yourself ?

We will have the vaccine,the mrs will have hers within the next 2 weeks.

But the last time I looked this was a free country and people have a right to question what they are being asked to put into their body.

You do know with you saying these things you are feeding them.

The theorists have claimed from the start that we would have to a vaccination passport.

It's just feeds them with claims like this.

By *leasureMaxDanMan  over a year ago

World Wide Web

"I think the anti vaxxers are starting to see, they are becoming 2nd class citizens. Fair enough if they want to stick two fingers up to the rest of their community. When they get refused entry to venues, no foreign hols, not being allowed certain jobs etc etc, they only got themselves to blame. "
The people who vaccinated themselves and saved the world. The true heroes of the modern world.

The rest can burn in Hell!!

Sad World

ribble valley

"I think the anti vaxxers are starting to see, they are becoming 2nd class citizens. Fair enough if they want to stick two fingers up to the rest of their community. When they get refused entry to venues, no foreign hols, not being allowed certain jobs etc etc, they only got themselves to blame.

But the last time I looked this was a free country and people have a right to question what they are being asked to put into their body.

The theorists have claimed from the start that we would have to a vaccination passport.

It's just feeds them with claims like this."

Good to hear you'll be taking the vaccine. I don't know about having a vax passport tho, but vaccination proof will be required, just as it is for some countries already. Quite correct we are a free country, Nobody should be forced to vax, just like I shouldn't be forced to sit next to an anti vaxxer on a plane, at risk to me.

"I think the anti vaxxers are starting to see, they are becoming 2nd class citizens. Fair enough if they want to stick two fingers up to the rest of their community. When they get refused entry to venues, no foreign hols, not being allowed certain jobs etc etc, they only got themselves to blame.

Good to hear you'll be taking the vaccine. I don't know about having a vax passport tho, but vaccination proof will be required, just as it is for some countries already. Quite correct we are a free country, Nobody should be forced to vax, just like I shouldn't be forced to sit next to an anti vaxxer on a plane, at risk to me. "

So a vaccination passport is what you are advocating.

By *hickennchipsWoman  over a year ago

up above the streets and houses

I won’t be having the vaccine. That doesn’t make me selfish, stupid or uneducated. That makes me an individual who has made an informed choice of what I want injected into my body. Each to their own

Good to hear you'll be taking the vaccine. I don't know about having a vax passport tho, but vaccination proof will be required, just as it is for some countries already. Quite correct we are a free country, Nobody should be forced to vax, just like I shouldn't be forced to sit next to an anti vaxxer on a plane, at risk to me.

So a vaccination passport is what you are advocating. "

Yeah why not. If you need proof of the malaria jab to travel I don't see why it shouldn't be the same for covid. If anything, the destination country probably wouldn't want the extra strain on their health care system. Never mind travel insurance premiums going through the roof for non-vaxxers.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

" If you need proof of the malaria jab to travel I don't see why it shouldn't be the same for covid. "

A malaria jab doesn't exist yet. Scientists are still working on it.

Yeah why not. If you need proof of the malaria jab to travel I don't see why it shouldn't be the same for covid. If anything, the destination country probably wouldn't want the extra strain on their health care system. Never mind travel insurance premiums going through the roof for non-vaxxers. "

So making the theorists claims correct then.

ribble valley

So a vaccination passport is what you are advocating. "

It doesn't have to be a passport. It could be a e-cert on your phone, or simply a number to protect people's data. But yes, I think we need to control the anti-vax people, to protect the rest of society.

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

"I won’t be having the vaccine. That doesn’t make me selfish, stupid or uneducated. That makes me an individual who has made an informed choice of what I want injected into my body. Each to their own "
.....Agreed.

It doesn't have to be a passport. It could be a e-cert on your phone, or simply a number to protect people's data. But yes, I think we need to control the anti-vax people, to protect the rest of society. "

Control ?

" If you need proof of the malaria jab to travel I don't see why it shouldn't be the same for covid.

A malaria jab doesn't exist yet. Scientists are still working on it. "

Or whatever jabs you need. Yellow fever, diphtheria etc. Idk I've never travelled to a country where you need them.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

" If you need proof of the malaria jab to travel I don't see why it shouldn't be the same for covid.

Tut tut you should know facts have no place on a fab debate

Yeah why not. If you need proof of the malaria jab to travel I don't see why it shouldn't be the same for covid. If anything, the destination country probably wouldn't want the extra strain on their health care system. Never mind travel insurance premiums going through the roof for non-vaxxers.

So making the theorists claims correct then."

I don't understand what you're getting at. Yes I'm backing up the "theorists". Happy?

the wetlands

"

When I started to read your post I was thinking you were 100% for the first 8 lines then it just drifted into the cut and paste from Sandras daily facebook drivel.

ribble valley

It doesn't have to be a passport. It could be a e-cert on your phone, or simply a number to protect people's data. But yes, I think we need to control the anti-vax people, to protect the rest of society.

Control ?"

Yes, control.

By *rotic desiresWoman  over a year ago

Here and there

Was just going to say the same, none licensed anyway according to the CDC...

I do wonder why the comparison to yellow fever and or malaria is made here...not a comparable example, in my opinion, as these diseases are spread by mosquitoes. No transmission between humans in malaria, and only through blood contaminated needles in yellow fever...

Tut tut you should know facts have no place on a fab debate "

So the specific jab I mentioned was wrong, okay. But there are certain countries that you need to have had certain jabs to travel to. Me getting the name of the jab wrong doesn't change that fact

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I cannot wait to have it so I can start to get My life back together.

Reading this I am not the only one nice to see a lot of positive posting for a change.

Think it will still be a couple of months though

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

As someone who frequently loses mobile service in

my village.

The concept of a sophisticated mass produced mass rolled out microscopic data transmitting device transmitting my position after being injected into me is hilarious.

Besides my life is just not that interesting.

Was just going to say the same, none licensed anyway according to the CDC...

I do wonder why the comparison to yellow fever and or malaria is made here...not a comparable example, in my opinion, as these diseases are spread by mosquitoes. No transmission between humans in malaria, and only through blood contaminated needles in yellow fever..."

Which, logically, would make catching covid even more of a risk, especially in densely populated countries. The last thing LEDCs need is a bunch of sick tourists stretching their already strained health care.

ribble valley

Please, if you'd like to pm me, it's fine but I can't respond as you've blocked me?

"I cannot wait to have it so I can start to get My life back together.

Reading this I am not the only one nice to see a lot of positive posting for a change.

Think it will still be a couple of months though"

To get back to normal ?

Control ?

Yes, control. "

Interesting.

Leeds

"

Think it will still be a couple of months though"

A couple of months before everyone is vaccinated ?

ribble valley

Control ?

Yes, control.

Interesting."

It is interesting. I see it like taking unlicensed drivers of the road to protect others in their communities.

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

"

Ah well, say goodbye to holidays, shows, etc because like it or not, by all accounts we are going to have to to have vaccination certificates

Control ?

Yes, control.

Interesting.

It is interesting. I see it like taking unlicensed drivers of the road to protect others in their communities. "

What in earth are you talking about

I'll probably have the vaccine however I certainly don't want to punish those who don't.

Not everyone is going to need to take the vaccine to provide immunity. Nature will be doing that as well.

So glad there’s so many people who don’t intend to get old. They are happy for the vaccine to go to those who need it such as the elderly and high risk. But are also very convinced they don’t need a vaccine because they will never become older themselves. “I’m fit and healthy so don’t need it”. Well good for you Peter Pan because you won’t ever be vulnerable then seeing as you won’t ever age.

ribble valley

Control ?

Yes, control.

Interesting.

It is interesting. I see it like taking unlicensed drivers of the road to protect others in their communities.

What in earth are you talking about "

I thought it was self explanatory. But I'll try again. "Rights" in society are earned. Some folk believe they should not bother about other people, like say an unlicensed driver. This section of society needs to be controlled, surely you agree to that?

Control ?

Yes, control.

Interesting.

I thought it was self explanatory. But I'll try again. "Rights" in society are earned. Some folk believe they should not bother about other people, like say an unlicensed driver. This section of society needs to be controlled, surely you agree to that? "

There you go again with the the controlled

ribble valley

Control ?

Yes, control.

Interesting.

I thought it was self explanatory. But I'll try again. "Rights" in society are earned. Some folk believe they should not bother about other people, like say an unlicensed driver. This section of society needs to be controlled, surely you agree to that?

There you go again with the the controlled "

Oh, I see. Its just a word you don't like.

Control ?

Yes, control.

Interesting.

Well someone's gotta do it, because Bill Gates is truly letting the side down thus far

ribble valley

Control ?

Yes, control.

Interesting.

There you go again with the the controlled

Well someone's gotta do it, because Bill Gates is truly letting the side down thus far "

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

Let me think the vigorous testing isn't enough... I know what I'll do...I'll just "watch" for a bit... "

I lolled at waiting on Karen on Facebook to give the ok

South

"I'll probably have the vaccine however I certainly don't want to punish those who don't.

Not everyone is going to need to take the vaccine to provide immunity. Nature will be doing that as well."

The people who have the vaccine will be doing their bit for herd immunity ... others won’t so they get all the benefits for others taking risks.

We are both taking the vaccine.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"I'll probably have the vaccine however I certainly don't want to punish those who don't.

Not everyone is going to need to take the vaccine to provide immunity. Nature will be doing that as well.

The people who have the vaccine will be doing their bit for herd immunity ... others won’t so they get all the benefits for others taking risks. "

Its not been proved yet that taking the vaccine will prevent you spreading the virus only that it stops you getting ill,so all the non vax people could possibly be at even greater risk of getting it when all of us having had the jab start to get back to normal.their choice i guess.

How long were the trials for? Like 6ish months, as phases 2 and 3 were combined? With no severe side effects.

I'm assuming it'll take around the same amount of time to filter down the priority list to the 65s. I wonder how many of the "watch and wait" people would take it then, after 6 months of no reporting of side effects. As in, the same amount of time as the trials went on for...

How long were the trials for? Like 6ish months, as phases 2 and 3 were combined? With no severe side effects.

I'm assuming it'll take around the same amount of time to filter down the priority list to the 65s. I wonder how many of the "watch and wait" people would take it then, after 6 months of no reporting of side effects. As in, the same amount of time as the trials went on for... "

*under 65s (I'm very tired)

I’ve received loads of abuse and personal attacks against me for writing this!! And they blocked me of course before I could reply,

So further to this. The reason I say about anti Vaxers not getting freedom back is because with the vaccine it gives us freedom without it no one would have it. Conmen sense right? You would think so! So please stop with the personal abuse in my inbox my weight is nothing to do with you unless I’m sat on your face!! And I actually work for the nhs so I don’t cost them money

By *hades Of GreyMan  over a year ago

Leeds

"

The people who have the vaccine will be doing their bit for herd immunity ... others won’t so they get all the benefits for others taking risks.

"

Even after those that are going to have the vaccine have had it the Virus hasn't gone anywhere, it's still in the population, so those who have not been vaccinated are still in danger of getting Covid and suffering the consequenses.

I’ve received loads of abuse and personal attacks against me for writing this!! And they blocked me of course before I could reply,

So further to this. The reason I say about anti Vaxers not getting freedom back is because with the vaccine it gives us freedom without it no one would have it. Conmen sense right? You would think so! So please stop with the personal abuse in my inbox my weight is nothing to do with you unless I’m sat on your face!! And I actually work for the nhs so I don’t cost them money "

The fuck?! No matter one's stance on the vaccine, making personal comments is not okay. What sad fucking losers; giving a great name to the anti vaxxers hey? At least they filtered themselves out

ribble valley

So further to this. The reason I say about anti Vaxers not getting freedom back is because with the vaccine it gives us freedom without it no one would have it. Conmen sense right? You would think so! So please stop with the personal abuse in my inbox my weight is nothing to do with you unless I’m sat on your face!! And I actually work for the nhs so I don’t cost them money "

Take no notice of the covidiots. This is about the best they can do. I get asked questions by pm, then they block, cause they don't want an answer. They prefer to live in their own world

So further to this. The reason I say about anti Vaxers not getting freedom back is because with the vaccine it gives us freedom without it no one would have it. Conmen sense right? You would think so! So please stop with the personal abuse in my inbox my weight is nothing to do with you unless I’m sat on your face!! And I actually work for the nhs so I don’t cost them money

Take no notice of the covidiots. This is about the best they can do. I get asked questions by pm, then they block, cause they don't want an answer. They prefer to live in their own world "

Thank fuck my filters are super tight people who pm abuse are fucking cowards; there's a reason they don't say it on the main forums.

ribble valley

Take no notice of the covidiots. This is about the best they can do. I get asked questions by pm, then they block, cause they don't want an answer. They prefer to live in their own world

Thank fuck my filters are super tight people who pm abuse are fucking cowards; there's a reason they don't say it on the main forums. "

Exactly. Joke is, they'd never tell me to my face off the Internet. Doesn't look good on them.

I’ll be having the vaccine within the next 2 weeks hopefully

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

I’m rolling my eyes at the cowards who hide behind their body shaming keyboards and block buttons harder and faster than Edward Jenner and his cow are turning in their graves.

Childish. Pathetic. Not in the spirit of the lifestyle.

Get in the bin.

Manchester (she/her)

I'm sorry you've had to put up with that.

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

Personally I’ll take the vaccine when I’m personally satisfied that any risks outweigh any personal risks to me of the virus, currently I don’t have the information to make that decision, I’m glad I’m way down the the priority list. Nothing to do with conspiracies, nothing to do with fear just purely about making sure I have all the information I need before jumping in.

Thank fuck my filters are super tight people who pm abuse are fucking cowards; there's a reason they don't say it on the main forums.

Exactly. Joke is, they'd never tell me to my face off the Internet. Doesn't look good on them. "

Why wouldnt they ?

By *ovelybumCouple  over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

"Personally I’ll take the vaccine when I’m personally satisfied that any risks outweigh any personal risks to me of the virus, currently I don’t have the information to make that decision, I’m glad I’m way down the the priority list. Nothing to do with conspiracies, nothing to do with fear just purely about making sure I have all the information I need before jumping in. "

How dare you! All the information you possibly need is freely available, widely published and peer reviewed.

They should start putting a stamps on people like you. You shouldn't benefit from any benefits the society has to offer, neither able to travel or mix with other individuals for their own safety.

"Personally I’ll take the vaccine when I’m personally satisfied that any risks outweigh any personal risks to me of the virus, currently I don’t have the information to make that decision, I’m glad I’m way down the the priority list. Nothing to do with conspiracies, nothing to do with fear just purely about making sure I have all the information I need before jumping in.

How dare you! All the information you possibly need is freely available, widely published and peer reviewed.

They should start putting a stamps on people like you. You shouldn't benefit from any benefits the society has to offer, neither able to travel or mix with other individuals for their own safety. "

It's starting to sound like a nazi party convention in here

"Personally I’ll take the vaccine when I’m personally satisfied that any risks outweigh any personal risks to me of the virus, currently I don’t have the information to make that decision, I’m glad I’m way down the the priority list. Nothing to do with conspiracies, nothing to do with fear just purely about making sure I have all the information I need before jumping in.

They should start putting a stamps on people like you. You shouldn't benefit from any benefits the society has to offer, neither able to travel or mix with other individuals for their own safety. "

Sweet baby Jesus. This virus has certainly affected some people badly.

nearby

Crikey maybe you’d like me to stitch a little star on to may jacket to identify me ...

There is some information published for sure but certinally not on any long term effects, or on a wider sections of society.

But hey I’ll still be able to get on with my life making my own decisions and being happy with that ! Have a great weekend.

Tunbridge Wells

They should start putting a stamps on people like you. You shouldn't benefit from any benefits the society has to offer, neither able to travel or mix with other individuals for their own safety.

Crikey maybe you’d like me to stitch a little star on to may jacket to identify me ...

There is some information published for sure but certinally not on any long term effects, or on a wider sections of society.

But hey I’ll still be able to get on with my life making my own decisions and being happy with that ! Have a great weekend."

The above post meant to be sarcastic, sorry of you have read it otherwise!

But hey I’ll still be able to get on with my life making my own decisions and being happy with that ! Have a great weekend.

"

Really though ?

Really ?

By *hades Of GreyMan  over a year ago

Leeds

"Personally I’ll take the vaccine when I’m personally satisfied that any risks outweigh any personal risks to me of the virus, currently I don’t have the information to make that decision, I’m glad I’m way down the the priority list. Nothing to do with conspiracies, nothing to do with fear just purely about making sure I have all the information I need before jumping in."

"All the information you possibly need is freely available, widely published and peer reviewed."

Exactly this!

Tunbridge Wells

Really though ?

Really ?"

By reading some of the posts here, it sounds like that's really what some people are asking for.

It doesn't makes me angry anymore, but sad.

the wetlands

There are many things we don't know they long term side effects and obviously the main one is Covid which given the effects already being seen seems much worse than the vaccine.

A matter of choice really, but the fact that most people are happy to stuff themselves full of stuff grown using fertilizer, growth enhancers, pesticide etc tells me too many people are getting their objections from facebook and not analysts

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"

Can have mine 2! And I'm in vulnerable having asthma/diabetes and 63 I'll not b taking it up either x

Let the anti-vaxxers go their own silly way..

If they get sick and die it's their own stupid fault.

And they had better give up on hopes of foreign travel for the foreseeable future.

Few countries will allow them in unvaccinated.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

My butt is at the ready,so someone can stick a prick in and vaccinate me.

"My butt is at the ready,so someone can stick a prick in and vaccinate me."

You want a prick up your arse?

How rude

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"My butt is at the ready,so someone can stick a prick in and vaccinate me.

How rude "

I've been told it only hurts a bit when they stick it in.

By *eorge JetsonMan  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

"Can’t wait to take my vaccine. So glad to hear so many against it. Which will hopefully speed up the process for the rest of us to get it. I respect everyone’s right to decide if they want it or not. However some of the reasons against it are just really embarrassing. “They will put microchips in it to track us” this is most usually the opinion of people on Facebook. The hypocrisy there is too obvious. “The virus is fake and so is the vaccine”. If this was true the vaccine then would be no more than a placebo and by that alone would still be safe to take because it is technically nothing at all. So this leaves the possibility the vaccine is genuine so the virus is genuine but you still have the it’s untested argument. I even heard people say ‘they haven’t even cured the common cold and we are supposed to believe they cured Covid-19 in record time’. Ok let’s explain this to those people who take their news from tweets. Most vaccines go through a long process purely because they are made not based on the life saving qualities but dependent on revenue possibilities. If it makes money for the manufacturer and their stakeholders then it’s made. This can take years because it’s based on money alone. The speed this vaccine has been made possible is down to the volume of people working on it. Their experience and world of technology plus it’s been backed and highly funded by the government.

Don't forget the fact that the technology behind it has been being developed and tested for years, which is why they got a massive head start "

Covid-19, the virus that gripped the UK and civilised world in 2020 "the technology behind it (the vaccine) has been developed and tested for YEARS" I'll just leave that there........

"My butt is at the ready,so someone can stick a prick in and vaccinate me.

How rude

I've been told it only hurts a bit when they stick it in."

Must be a little one

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"I’d have it today if I could , as for the Facebook morons, hope they all get it and suffer , sick to death of hearing about the bullshit they read on there and then preach it around like it’s the gospel,"
the bullshit works both ways. It was stated this morning this vaccine is still basically an ongoing trial. It takes, at least two years to gain sufficient data for any possible abnormalities that may occur. All pregnant women and those breastfeeding will be told not to have it. Why has our government given an indemnity to Pfizer in the case of any future lawsuit. Its, perfectly understandable for some people to have concerns about this. Stop putting out stupid remarks just because you think you are right and others are wrong. Everyone has a choice so don't knock others. This is like the Brexit /remain debacle all over again on here.

"2009 Pfizer article

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/pfizer-to-pay-16350m-after-deaths-of-nigerian-children-in-drug-trial-experiment-1663402.html"

agreed Katie , glad you put this up , most people in this country don't know anything because they only listen to government and the national death service

ashford

"Let the anti-vaxxers go their own silly way..

If they get sick and die it's their own stupid fault.

And they had better give up on hopes of foreign travel for the foreseeable future.

Few countries will allow them in unvaccinated."

Charming! X

ashford

"Personally I’ll take the vaccine when I’m personally satisfied that any risks outweigh any personal risks to me of the virus, currently I don’t have the information to make that decision, I’m glad I’m way down the the priority list. Nothing to do with conspiracies, nothing to do with fear just purely about making sure I have all the information I need before jumping in. "

Well said! X

Control ?

Yes, control.

Interesting.

how can an anti vaxxer give it to a vaccinated person , they are vaccinated ? It's more like the other way round , the vaccinated now have it for a while in which time they can spread it to in vaccinated

South

Well said! X"

Do you not feel any sense of responsibility? Suppose all decided to wait and see like that? We would be living in lockdown for the foreseeable ......

South

Control ?

Yes, control.

Interesting.

There you go again with the the controlled how can an anti vaxxer give it to a vaccinated person , they are vaccinated ? It's more like the other way round , the vaccinated now have it for a while in which time they can spread it to in vaccinated "

Children under 18 can’t be vaccinated so adults that choose not to are choosing not to protect children.

Good luck to you.

Hope you don’t suffer any side effects.

(Incidentally if you do,it’s tough luck, you’ll be entitled to no compensation at all!)

I’ll take my chances with my own immune system.

nearby

Well said! X

Do you not feel any sense of responsibility? Suppose all decided to wait and see like that? We would be living in lockdown for the foreseeable ...... "

I feel a sense of responsibility to make sure I don’t put anything in my body unless I’m sure it will not cause any issues or I’m happy to accept the risk of complications is less than the risk of catching the virus.

This post alone shows there are plenty willing to take it straight away so everyone waiting to see is not a situation that needs to worry about, if it was the case then it would be another factor in the risk calculation. But in this case it’s not

South

"Good luck to you.

(Incidentally if you do,it’s tough luck, you’ll be entitled to no compensation at all!)

I’ll take my chances with my own immune system. "

I Care more about protecting my children tbh .... if not enough adults take it (luckily you appear to be in the minority) then it won’t work - herd immunity won’t be achieved and the virus will mutate and we will start all over again. The only chance is herd immunity to get rid of the virus ... you’re choosing to say ‘no thanks’

By *ye-spyMan  over a year ago

London

I will be standing at the back of the queue so while I wait I have the time to do some research.

a little research would so the gates foundation was kicked out of India for the HPV vaccine, Thalidomide.

Doctors have been arrested for prescribing hydroxychloroquine that has been used for decades.

South

Well said! X

Do you not feel any sense of responsibility? Suppose all decided to wait and see like that? We would be living in lockdown for the foreseeable ......

I feel a sense of responsibility to make sure I don’t put anything in my body unless I’m sure it will not cause any issues or I’m happy to accept the risk of complications is less than the risk of catching the virus.

This post alone shows there are plenty willing to take it straight away so everyone waiting to see is not a situation that needs to worry about, if it was the case then it would be another factor in the risk calculation. But in this case it’s not "

Are you going to decline to take part in the return to society that people who are taking the risk have enabled you to have?

ashford

"Good luck to you.

I Care more about protecting my children tbh .... if not enough adults take it (luckily you appear to be in the minority) then it won’t work - herd immunity won’t be achieved and the virus will mutate and we will start all over again. The only chance is herd immunity to get rid of the virus ... you’re choosing to say ‘no thanks’ "

Yes and it's just that a choice we all have x

nearby

Well said! X

This post alone shows there are plenty willing to take it straight away so everyone waiting to see is not a situation that needs to worry about, if it was the case then it would be another factor in the risk calculation. But in this case it’s not

Are you going to decline to take part in the return to society that people who are taking the risk have enabled you to have? "

Nope I shall carry on with life as normal thanks.

"There are many things we don't know they long term side effects and obviously the main one is Covid which given the effects already being seen seems much worse than the vaccine.

A matter of choice really, but the fact that most people are happy to stuff themselves full of stuff grown using fertilizer, growth enhancers, pesticide etc tells me too many people are getting their objections from facebook and not analysts"

True .. all the people who get fillers and Botox and boob jobs, how do they know what the crap is going to do to their bodies down the line. The people who do drugs and don’t question what is in them. They are quite happy to do it, but question a vaccine that could save their lives !!! There’s no poison or Covid in it. It doesn’t change your DNA, nor will they be putting a tracker in you Personally I can’t wait. My first Granddaughter will be her in a couple of months and I want to be able to cuddle her and my daughter.

Manchester (she/her)

"There are many things we don't know they long term side effects and obviously the main one is Covid which given the effects already being seen seems much worse than the vaccine.

A matter of choice really, but the fact that most people are happy to stuff themselves full of stuff grown using fertilizer, growth enhancers, pesticide etc tells me too many people are getting their objections from facebook and not analysts

True .. all the people who get fillers and Botox and boob jobs, how do they know what the crap is going to do to their bodies down the line. The people who do drugs and don’t question what is in them. They are quite happy to do it, but question a vaccine that could save their lives !!! There’s no poison or Covid in it. It doesn’t change your DNA, nor will they be putting a tracker in you Personally I can’t wait. My first Granddaughter will be her in a couple of months and I want to be able to cuddle her and my daughter. "

South

Well said! X

Are you going to decline to take part in the return to society that people who are taking the risk have enabled you to have?

Nope I shall carry on with life as normal thanks. "

So reaping the rewards of others who are taking a risk to enable ‘normal’ to return ... I see.

South

True .. all the people who get fillers and Botox and boob jobs, how do they know what the crap is going to do to their bodies down the line. The people who do drugs and don’t question what is in them. They are quite happy to do it, but question a vaccine that could save their lives !!! There’s no poison or Covid in it. It doesn’t change your DNA, nor will they be putting a tracker in you Personally I can’t wait. My first Granddaughter will be her in a couple of months and I want to be able to cuddle her and my daughter. "

South

"Good luck to you.

I Care more about protecting my children tbh .... if not enough adults take it (luckily you appear to be in the minority) then it won’t work - herd immunity won’t be achieved and the virus will mutate and we will start all over again. The only chance is herd immunity to get rid of the virus ... you’re choosing to say ‘no thanks’

Yes and it's just that a choice we all have x"

Also reaping the rewards other people are enabling you to have with zero risk to yourself. I see

By *eorge JetsonMan  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

"Good luck to you.

I Care more about protecting my children tbh .... if not enough adults take it (luckily you appear to be in the minority) then it won’t work - herd immunity won’t be achieved and the virus will mutate and we will start all over again. The only chance is herd immunity to get rid of the virus ... you’re choosing to say ‘no thanks’ "

You don't "get rid" of a virus, you just surpress it.

You can't cure a virus, it just sits there dormant. 90% of the time they never resurface, but there's no guarantee they won't reoccur at some point.

By *ensual massagerMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"I will be first in the queue. "

Oh no you won't

"I will be first in the queue.

Oh no you won't "

He’s behind you

"I will be first in the queue.

Oh no you won't

He’s behind you "

Bolton

"

Perfect.

nearby

Well said! X

So reaping the rewards of others who are taking a risk to enable ‘normal’ to return ... I see. "

If that’s the way you want to look at it so be it, the way I see it if the risk of the virus outweighs the potential risk of a vaccine then they should protect themselves as they see fit, from what I can see the risk of the virus is very minimal to me. That’s why the most vulnerable are at the top of the list and not people in offices and kids in schools.

South

Well said! X

So reaping the rewards of others who are taking a risk to enable ‘normal’ to return ... I see.

If that’s the way you want to look at it so be it, the way I see it if the risk of the virus outweighs the potential risk of a vaccine then they should protect themselves as they see fit, from what I can see the risk of the virus is very minimal to me. That’s why the most vulnerable are at the top of the list and not people in offices and kids in schools. "

It’s not about you..... it’s about all of us the whole of society.

Control ?

Yes, control.

Interesting.

There you go again with the the controlled how can an anti vaxxer give it to a vaccinated person , they are vaccinated ? It's more like the other way round , the vaccinated now have it for a while in which time they can spread it to in vaccinated

Children under 18 can’t be vaccinated so adults that choose not to are choosing not to protect children. "

Oh for gods sake the threat to children under 18 is minute.

I’m all for protecting those at risk I.e. the elderly and the vulnerable but let’s dial down the hysteria.

Bolton

So, purely selfish if they can't actually have it too? Fortunately I'm nowhere near the first group and I'd like to see the possibility of side effects that may become apparent later.

A previous post stated 43k tested but that's a minute number in thus country let alone globally.

Bolton

This .. I don’t think people that choose not to have the vaccine should benefit from the positives society has to offer if the won’t do their bit. "

Fortunately it's not your say so.

Bolton

"I’d have it today if I could , as for the Facebook morons, hope they all get it and suffer , sick to death of hearing about the bullshit they read on there and then preach it around like it’s the gospel,Wishing someone suffering only shows what a complete IDIOT you are. "

Absolutely

Bolton

Once again you're spouting rubbish. Where does it say any of that bull? That's your thoughts not fact. You're just trying to bully people who can't or unable to have any vaccination. Hope you're proud to be a bully

South

Control ?

Yes, control.

Interesting.

There you go again with the the controlled how can an anti vaxxer give it to a vaccinated person , they are vaccinated ? It's more like the other way round , the vaccinated now have it for a while in which time they can spread it to in vaccinated

Children under 18 can’t be vaccinated so adults that choose not to are choosing not to protect children.

Oh for gods sake the threat to children under 18 is minute.

I’m all for protecting those at risk I.e. the elderly and the vulnerable but let’s dial down the hysteria."

I know 10 under 18s in hospital and a further 4 wirh long covid. Not hysteria - facts.

By *irewolffMan  over a year ago

Dublin

I will be taking it:

- I have metastatic bone cancer, diagnosed in Sep. White cell count is low as a result

- I work for one of the large pharma companies making a vaccine. Trust the vaccine results & process to get it onto the market

MsD

nearby

Well said! X

If that’s the way you want to look at it so be it, the way I see it if the risk of the virus outweighs the potential risk of a vaccine then they should protect themselves as they see fit, from what I can see the risk of the virus is very minimal to me. That’s why the most vulnerable are at the top of the list and not people in offices and kids in schools.

It’s not about you..... it’s about all of us the whole of society. "

The decision about personal risk and what I put in to my body is very much about me and not for other members of society to decided. And if people judge me for that, so be it. The opinions of strangers about my personal decisions is of no concern to me.

Bolton

Good to hear you'll be taking the vaccine. I don't know about having a vax passport tho, but vaccination proof will be required, just as it is for some countries already. Quite correct we are a free country, Nobody should be forced to vax, just like I shouldn't be forced to sit next to an anti vaxxer on a plane, at risk to me. "

And your source for your statement is? As in 'vaccination proof will be required'. Forget other countries. This is the UK

ribble valley

And your source for your statement is? As in 'vaccination proof will be required'. Forget other countries. This is the UK "

And this is where you should stay. Like I said, who wants an anti vaxxer next them on a plane.

the wetlands

Once again you're spouting rubbish. Where does it say any of that bull? That's your thoughts not fact. You're just trying to bully people who can't or unable to have any vaccination. Hope you're proud to be a bully "

Absolutely

We will both take the vaccine if our gp says it's ok

We certainly won't be bullying or judging those that can't or won't.

If that post was on Facebook I'd report it as bullying

On the other side I would report all the bullshit anti vaxer posts

Not everyone who doesn't want the vaccine is an anti vaxer

Bolton

And your source for your statement is? As in 'vaccination proof will be required'. Forget other countries. This is the UK

And this is where you should stay. Like I said, who wants an anti vaxxer next them on a plane. "

I'll be quite happy to sit next to someone who hasn't or can't have the vaccine. Did I say anywhere that I'm against the vaccine?

By *pnoverMan  over a year ago

Chorley

Well informed

ashford

Once again you're spouting rubbish. Where does it say any of that bull? That's your thoughts not fact. You're just trying to bully people who can't or unable to have any vaccination. Hope you're proud to be a bully "

To many bullys on these threads ! I agree it's a very emotive subject but there is no need to bully x

Bolton

Once again you're spouting rubbish. Where does it say any of that bull? That's your thoughts not fact. You're just trying to bully people who can't or unable to have any vaccination. Hope you're proud to be a bully

Absolutely

Not everyone who doesn't want the vaccine is an anti vaxer "

Absolutely, I'm not, thankfully on faceache and don't ever intend to be.

As much as the rubbish spouted by the anti vaxxers, there's an equal or greater amount spouted by pro vaxxers.

Where do they get off by trying to intimidate, harass, bully, shame or spread rumours what th consequences are. What consequences are there? These people have a choice to take or refuse whatever they want to whether it's this vaccine or any other medication.

Some countries MAY want a proof of vaccination but have any passed that law yet. Oh yeah, in the minds of the bullies

the wetlands

Absolutely

Not everyone who doesn't want the vaccine is an anti vaxer

Absolutely, I'm not, thankfully on faceache and don't ever intend to be.

As much as the rubbish spouted by the anti vaxxers, there's an equal or greater amount spouted by pro vaxxers.

Where do they get off by trying to intimidate, harass, bully, shame or spread rumours what th consequences are. What consequences are there? These people have a choice to take or refuse whatever they want to whether it's this vaccine or any other medication.

Some countries MAY want a proof of vaccination but have any passed that law yet. Oh yeah, in the minds of the bullies

"

That's what We said

Bolton

And this is where you should stay. Like I said, who wants an anti vaxxer next them on a plane. "

How would you know? Are you going to ask the person sat next to you if they've been vaccinated?

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

And this is where you should stay. Like I said, who wants an anti vaxxer next them on a plane.

How would you know? Are you going to ask the person sat next to you if they've been vaccinated? "

Branding... I’m just waiting for a vaccine vigilante to suggest it

Ok let's use facts before saying if someone is vaccinated or not.

No vaccine you can catch and spead the virus but rely on your own immune system.

Been vaccinated you can catch and spead the virus but rely on a boosted immune system. So if you have been vaccinated why worry about other people.

ribble valley

How would you know? Are you going to ask the person sat next to you if they've been vaccinated? "

How would I know? Well, I like many consumers demand it off the airlines. As a frequent flyer, I'm sure airlines would go with what the majority see as sensible. If it wasn't put into regulations, I wouldn't be flying. The airline industry is on its knees if you haven't noticed, if planes become a hotbed of infections, nobody will want to fly.

the wetlands

Are people so absolutely thick they can't understand the difference between anti vaxers, people that might not want to be vaccinated and some who can't be vaccinated.

Bullying, discrimination and blatant stupidity seems to be the order of the day.

nearby

How would you know? Are you going to ask the person sat next to you if they've been vaccinated?

How would I know? Well, I like many consumers demand it off the airlines. As a frequent flyer, I'm sure airlines would go with what the majority see as sensible. If it wasn't put into regulations, I wouldn't be flying. The airline industry is on its knees if you haven't noticed, if planes become a hotbed of infections, nobody will want to fly. "

Your right they will go with the majority ... and you know who that won’t be ... people that won’t fly unless everyone on the flight is vaccinated. It’ll be all the people that can’t wait to get back to Spain for their summer holidays not giving two shits who else is on the plane.

By *hickennchipsWoman  over a year ago

up above the streets and houses

How would I know? Well, I like many consumers demand it off the airlines. As a frequent flyer, I'm sure airlines would go with what the majority see as sensible. If it wasn't put into regulations, I wouldn't be flying. The airline industry is on its knees if you haven't noticed, if planes become a hotbed of infections, nobody will want to fly. "

Not sure your demand will make much difference?! I won’t be having the vaccine and I’m pretty sure I will still be allowed to fly

ribble valley

How would I know? Well, I like many consumers demand it off the airlines. As a frequent flyer, I'm sure airlines would go with what the majority see as sensible. If it wasn't put into regulations, I wouldn't be flying. The airline industry is on its knees if you haven't noticed, if planes become a hotbed of infections, nobody will want to fly.

Your right they will go with the majority ... and you know who that won’t be ... people that won’t fly unless everyone on the flight is vaccinated. It’ll be all the people that can’t wait to get back to Spain for their summer holidays not giving two shits who else is on the plane. "

Just great. Guess who's buying a house in Spain.

Bolton

Yeah and I bet they'll be quaking in their pants at losing a flyer however frequent. Get real pal

Bolton

Your right they will go with the majority ... and you know who that won’t be ... people that won’t fly unless everyone on the flight is vaccinated. It’ll be all the people that can’t wait to get back to Spain for their summer holidays not giving two shits who else is on the plane.

Just great. Guess who's buying a house in Spain. "

Yayyyyyy

ribble valley

Yeah and I bet they'll be quaking in their pants at losing a flyer however frequent. Get real pal "

In real life, lots of folk are already asking for it. Lots of older bits in Spain asking for it to be introduced

ribble valley

Yeah and I bet they'll be quaking in their pants at losing a flyer however frequent. Get real pal In real life, lots of folk are already asking for it. Lots of older bits in Spain asking for it to be introduced "

*Brits*

I doubt Ryanair will be turning anyone’s money away.

ribble valley

I've also heard the cruise industry want it, to protect their business too.

"I've also heard the cruise industry want it, to protect their business too. "

Where are you hearing all these stories, in your head?

Leeds

I happened to receive four brochures today through the post from different cruise companies and none of them mentioned compulsory vaccines

Tunbridge Wells

"I've also heard the cruise industry want it, to protect their business too.

Where are you hearing all these stories, in your head?"

He is a highly valuable frequent traveller and gets internal info.

He is a highly valuable frequent traveller and gets internal info. "

From the budget airlines flying into Espana.

Bolton

"I've also heard the cruise industry want it, to protect their business too. "

Heard? So still spouting rumours?

Bolton

Where are you hearing all these stories, in your head?"

Exactly. This is the same guy who said he had no money, no benefits etc and 10 minutes later said it wasn't true.

Think it depends what bad shit he's smoking

Bolton

He is a highly valuable frequent traveller and gets internal info. "

Yeah, yeah, yeah

He is a highly valuable frequent traveller and gets internal info.

From the budget airlines flying into Espana.

"

I think there needs to be 2 forums for this, a 'Vaccine' forum and an 'Anti-Vaccine' forum, that way ne'er the two need meet

ribble valley

Exactly. This is the same guy who said he had no money, no benefits etc and 10 minutes later said it wasn't true.

Think it depends what bad shit he's smoking "

Hmmmm. I'll put the bong down now

ribble valley

"I happened to receive four brochures today through the post from different cruise companies and none of them mentioned compulsory vaccines "

Could be because nobody has had a vax yet? Or nothing has been decided by the travel industry yet.

It somewhat amuses me that those arguing against the vaccine, it's roll out, reasons why it's a bad thing etc etc etc, all share a common denominator... Countless arguments against it, but no ideas for an alternative to it to actually counter the virus?

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

"Can’t wait to take my vaccine. So glad to hear so many against it. Which will hopefully speed up the process for the rest of us to get it. I respect everyone’s right to decide if they want it or not. However some of the reasons against it are just really embarrassing. “They will put microchips in it to track us” this is most usually the opinion of people on Facebook. The hypocrisy there is too obvious. “The virus is fake and so is the vaccine”. If this was true the vaccine then would be no more than a placebo and by that alone would still be safe to take because it is technically nothing at all. So this leaves the possibility the vaccine is genuine so the virus is genuine but you still have the it’s untested argument. I even heard people say ‘they haven’t even cured the common cold and we are supposed to believe they cured Covid-19 in record time’. Ok let’s explain this to those people who take their news from tweets. Most vaccines go through a long process purely because they are made not based on the life saving qualities but dependent on revenue possibilities. If it makes money for the manufacturer and their stakeholders then it’s made. This can take years because it’s based on money alone. The speed this vaccine has been made possible is down to the volume of people working on it. Their experience and world of technology plus it’s been backed and highly funded by the government."

Do people honestly think I'm going to let myself be injected with some mysterious genetically-engineered concoction designed in secret by Bill Gates and other Illuminati?

F*c@k yeah. *unrolls sleeve*.

Leeds

"

Could be because nobody has had a vax yet? Or nothing has been decided by the travel industry yet. "

Amazing some of the stupid reasons people given fir insisting those who chose not to for now should have it. Some just as selfish as some reasons some choose not to.

"It somewhat amuses me that those arguing against the vaccine, it's roll out, reasons why it's a bad thing etc etc etc, all share a common denominator... Countless arguments against it, but no ideas for an alternative to it to actually counter the virus?"

That actually makes no sense whatsoever. If someone sees issues with something, why must they provide an alternative? The alternative is simply they won't take it, but they are not forcing others not to take it unlike the pro vaxxers who seem to be forcing their view down others throats.

If you want to take it then that's your choice, if not then so be it.

Both can still spread it and pass it on to others, infect others and hospitalise others.

What I find quite interesting is that in some countries the virus has all but died out because they have for the most part been acting responsible, unlike here.

"It somewhat amuses me that those arguing against the vaccine, it's roll out, reasons why it's a bad thing etc etc etc, all share a common denominator... Countless arguments against it, but no ideas for an alternative to it to actually counter the virus?

That actually makes no sense whatsoever. If someone sees issues with something, why must they provide an alternative? The alternative is simply they won't take it, but they are not forcing others not to take it unlike the pro vaxxers who seem to be forcing their view down others throats.

Both can still spread it and pass it on to others, infect others and hospitalise others.

What I find quite interesting is that in some countries the virus has all but died out because they have for the most part been acting responsible, unlike here. "

It seems though that a lot of people are claiming the "watch and wait" reasoning because they think it's what will get them the least agg.

And yeah, the UK and US definitely have a "you told us we probably shouldn't, so we definitely will. They can never take our freedom!!!" kind of attitude, whereas many other countries... Don't.

By *DGF20Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Why people are divided and fighting between vaccine supporters and anti-vaxxers? We become real animals, sad...

"

What I find quite interesting is that in some countries the virus has all but died out because they have for the most part been acting responsible, unlike here. "

I think you'll find the anti are the ones shouting loudest, and mostly without a shred of creditable backup evidence to their opinions.

Tunbridge Wells

"Why people are divided and fighting between vaccine supporters and anti-vaxxers? We become real animals, sad... "

It is sad unfortunately. At the beginning of the pandemic we kept hearing how people will become more united and come out of it better humans, and we were very sceptic to it. The devision the whole thing has created is beyond our worst expectations.

"Why people are divided and fighting between vaccine supporters and anti-vaxxers? We become real animals, sad... "

I find it's mostly the provaxxers that can't cope with anyone having a different opinion as if they must be stupid of silly or no intelligence, simply because it's a different opinion.

There are a few that I have respect and listen too, the are also a few of those who share concerns that I have respect for too, nothing to do with the opinion but more to do with the respect they give to others with a different view.

Fundamentally they are reasonable people and therefore worth giving the time to be listened too. Most others seem to assume the others are just wrong. It says more about themselves imo.

It would be good if more listened and tried to understand a different reasoning. Maybe it would be less like FB then.