FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Xmas family pressure

Xmas family pressure

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Now that Xmas is upon us, are you experiencing pressure to attend family events? We are, and we've had to make it clear that having spent months carefully keeping our 83 year old Grandma safe, we're not now going to pitch up in large numbers at her house on Dec 25th.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Now that Xmas is upon us, are you experiencing pressure to attend family events? We are, and we've had to make it clear that having spent months carefully keeping our 83 year old Grandma safe, we're not now going to pitch up in large numbers at her house on Dec 25th."

Nope, my family are primarily focussing on looking after each others health. I will be trying to work from home for 2 weeks in the lead up to Xmas day in order to spend it with my pensioner parents. If I do have to go into the office during those 2 weeks, I will not be seeing them.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Now that Xmas is upon us, are you experiencing pressure to attend family events? We are, and we've had to make it clear that having spent months carefully keeping our 83 year old Grandma safe, we're not now going to pitch up in large numbers at her house on Dec 25th."

No as my family know there is no point in trying to get me to do anything I don’t want to do

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Perhaps she would like you to. We are going to M I law she is 84 but is starting to lose the plot, may well be her last xmas and is over the moon we are going. Of course each family should make their own decision

By *iss.ddWoman  over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

My side of the family are all behaving and taking it on the chin about this year.

But his mother? Sweet Jesus she needs her head fucking examining

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

No, we are all focused on the wellbeing of everyone, including ourselves, whether or not there's ever another Christmas or not.

I would make my thoughts very clear up if anyone tried to we encourage anything that I perceived as inappropriate.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

No pressure here about from the sister in law bleating on about keeping a distance from the mother in law as she's kept her safe sonce March and doesn't want it all undoing by us

I'm sure she thinks we're idiots!

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

Working as normal so I skip Christmas

Yes

Parents in law in their mid 70s always host Christmas lunch for 15!!

They can't see why some of us are reluctant to go

Same situation with one of my daughters and her partner insisting I need a bubble because I live alone.

I don't want to bubble with them - the nature of their business means they have people in their home every day, and my grandchildren go to nursery and bring back all those germs.

It would have been better if gov't hadn't relaxed the rules for Xmas. Puts those of us concerned about transmission on the defensive.

Yes I'm getting loads of pressure from my mother to go over and stay with her and dad for Xmas. I think she's nuts as I'd rather stay at home and keep us all safe and healthy. She's not seeing that way though and now she's trying to lay on a guilt trip, which I don't think is entirely fair under the circumstances

By *aseMan  over a year ago

Gourock

Don't be steeple, and go and visit your family....scamdemic

"It would have been better if gov't hadn't relaxed the rules for Xmas. Puts those of us concerned about transmission on the defensive."

^ this

Parents in law accused me of just being awkward

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

we're not coming under any pressure. My mum doesn't like visitors on Christmas day because they talk while she's trying to watch telly .

We have our little bubble of three households. Us, our daughter and son-in-law and my parents. We will be seeing them separately and while we're in my parents home we keep distanced and wear masks. I've been in their home almost every day anyway in a caring capacity

"we're not coming under any pressure. My mum doesn't like visitors on Christmas day because they talk while she's trying to watch telly .

We have our little bubble of three households. Us, our daughter and son-in-law and my parents. We will be seeing them separately and while we're in my parents home we keep distanced and wear masks. "

And keep quiet

"we're not coming under any pressure. My mum doesn't like visitors on Christmas day because they talk while she's trying to watch telly ."

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

My kids are at school till the 18th we are seeing no one as they won’t be given the luxury of isolating. No one with kids at school should be seeing elderlies tbh

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"Don't be steeple, and go and visit your family....scamdemic "

All you’re missing there is WAKE UP

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"we're not coming under any pressure. My mum doesn't like visitors on Christmas day because they talk while she's trying to watch telly .

We have our little bubble of three households. Us, our daughter and son-in-law and my parents. We will be seeing them separately and while we're in my parents home we keep distanced and wear masks.

And keep quiet "

, yep. Mind you the telly will be so loud we won't be able to hear ourselves think.

We'll sit in the dining room with my dad and leave her to it

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Pressure?!!

Sorry...I'm 60 years old, I'd like to see the size of balls on any member of my family who could pressurise me to do anything.

We're all staying in our own homes, as we've done for the majority of the year and look forward to belated birthday, anniversary, memorial, holidays, Christmas etc next.

Nope, only family really is my dad and I’d have to self isolate for a fortnight (Isle of Man rules) which wiped out my Christmas holiday.

By *hades Of GreyMan  over a year ago

Leeds

"

It would have been better if the gov't hadn't relaxed the rules for Xmas. Puts those of us concerned about transmission on the defensive.

"

I agree

The virus doesn't know it's Christmas!

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

I'm in a bubble with my daughter and her family. She's coming to me, two households.

Wish I was at home for Christmas.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

had this conversation with my sister... i have said that if my area is still in tier 3 i cant really justify coming down to london like it was agreed covid would take 5 days off!!

i'm high risk, my niece is high risk and my sister works for the nhs!......

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

No pressure at all, we decided in the summer it wasn’t going to happen and likely not to see each other until spring 2021 at the earliest

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

We normally have a big Christmas, but we're just having my little dad over for lunch. I've protected him thus far and I'm not prepared to lose him for the sake of a big family do...he's 90..

No pressure. My family are sane and we decided ages ago not to bother this year. *shrugs* it's only a day and we've managed most of this year without seeing each other.

Despite virtually self isolating since March, I will only be visiting my parents outdoors. They will stay warm inside the house and I’ll be at the backdoor. I’m not risking picking up an infection at the supermarket and passing it onto them. It would kill my mum if she caught it. There are seven extremely vulnerable adults in my extended family so I’m taking no risks with any of them.

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

i stepped back from family xmases almost 20 years now. I like solitude and being pressured into a family situation, I found I couldn't handle. It went down from a day, to an afternoon or evening, then a couple of hours, to eventually nothing. No presents no cards. They are used to it now, they know I love them, but can't handle lots of people

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

Total agree.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

Actually finding it's less pressured this year as everyone understands the risks of meeting in large numbers.

By *ilmissplumpyWoman  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"Now that Xmas is upon us, are you experiencing pressure to attend family events? We are, and we've had to make it clear that having spent months carefully keeping our 83 year old Grandma safe, we're not now going to pitch up in large numbers at her house on Dec 25th.

Perhaps she would like you to. We are going to M I law she is 84 but is starting to lose the plot, may well be her last xmas and is over the moon we are going. Of course each family should make their own decision "

I have to say I work in a hospital as part of a lab. Because of the proximity of covid testing and because of being in hospital environment I stopped visiting my mom, my sister cut visits back too. Other siblings took it as good reason not to visit either. Halfway thru this awful time mom took bad, loneliness killed mom not covid. If I could turn the clock back knowing what I know now I'd have visited as often as mom wanted and firmly believe she'd be here now.

Ask your old folk what they want. Pick the safest (lowest risk) family member to visit them at Xmas, they can take laptops and facebook/WhatsApp video call everyone else.

Lmp

No as my family are all reasonably intelligent and I’m working.

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

We always have our family for Christmas Day normally 14/15 adults and kids

But this year it will just be Jess and I, not happy about it but it’s the right thing to do

We will have big celebrations next year hopefully

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

No pressure here, just having the inlaws round

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Never any pressure here.

My brother usually visits me for Xmas dinner and has since our mum passed away but I suspect he is back with his ex girlfriend now

Not a soul has invited me round and I’m happy with that.

‘Billy no mates’ here.

» Add a new message to this topic